• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

New to Exalted? Come here! (take 2!) [Forum] [Dice]

Thorn Darkblade

I know lots of things. Lots of things...
So, I now have more time than before, and, as promised, will do that newbie Exalted game. So, here's what I'm looking for:

-NEW PLAYERS ONLY. This is the big one. The less experience, the better! Never played Exalted? Good! Never done a dice based game? Even better! Still scared of RPing a bit? Don't worry, I don't bite!

-Ruleset will be 2.5 New players may ask what this means? Well, not a whole heck of a lot. It just means we're using the most up-to-date rules, which have been refined over the years.

-Cosmology and Metaplot will be trimmed. New Players: This means you won't have to memorize the entire history of the game world. It'll still be there, but simplified. It will mostly be about developing good characters, learning good RP skills, and learning the mechanics! Solars only, which means less variety, but more simplicity.

-Looking for up to 4 players. There will be one of each Caste (Character Archtype), except Eclipse, as I'm cutting out Social Combat for most of the game. One thing at a time.

-Players must be able to post once every 2 days, preferably more often. I will try to keep myself to this standard as well, but college events do pop up sometimes. I swear I will inform all players if a temporary absence will occur, but please be willing to not vanish when I do return.

-Players must either have access to the Exalted 2nd Edition Core Rules and Errata, or be able to communicate with me on TeamSpeak or AIM to go over character generation and rules primers. I'd love to just post them up here, but copyright infringement and stuff, :tongue: I can point you to where you can buy a legal download of the PDF, or if you're really willing to splurge, a hard copy, here, and the Errata can be found for free here.

Interested? Great! Give me your current RP experience, and a first and second pick for Caste choice. I'm looking for a well balanced group, so am going to also pick people to fill in these archtypes. Note that these archtypes are not ALL your character can be. Exalted has a very free-form system, and you can make a armored sorcerer, or a ninja priest, or whatever. These are just basics simplified for new players, :D

The four castes and their archtype are- Dawn (Warrior), Zenith (Priest/Monk), Twilight (Sorcerer/Healer), and Night (Thief/Ninja). Mind you, these are super basic generalizations, and there is a lot more customization...a Twilight can be a heavily armored sword-wielding badass, it's just that Dawns tend to be that more frequently.

Any more questions? Ask away!

Definitely interested here. First choice Night Caste, second choice Dawn caste.

I have about 12 years of gaming experience in tabletop, mostly in D&D/Pathfinder. I also have experience with several White Wolf games, so I'm at least passingly familiar with the dice mechanics. I've been writing and telling stories/gaming online for probably close to 18 years. I'm currently in an online Pathfinder game on another site, and in planning stages for running my own game.

Still looking forward to this. Still interested in playing Zenith caste or Night caste.

Strong RP with D&D but not much in the way of Exalted, or any of the WoD. I did generate a character for the massive Train of Destruction game, but really didn't get much further in it before it got overwhelming.

Still very interested.

If nobody wants the Dawn slot, I'd like to fill it. My second choice is Zenith.

EDIT: I should point out that I am an experienced Exalted player, though I'm willing to set aside all my vetness to just kick back and have fun at the starting Solar power levels. I'm also all right with newer players taking priority over me.

Last edited by a moderator:
First choice is Twilight, second is Zenith.

I am one of those players with the odd combination of lots of familiarity and almost no experience. I have debated the viability of Paragon style dictatorship and the morality of the Sidereals accepting the options of the Great Prophecy, but I didn't know how fluries worked until someone posted a link to that one interactive tutorial.

I wish I could get in on this, but I've been playing Exalted since 1st edition came out so I'm not quite a newcomer to the game.

But if there is any openings....

I'm like Sherwood as far as experience and don't want to steal any slots from new players but I do want to say kudos to you for doing this I have always loved the idea of new player games like this. Back in where I lived in California in the 90's there used to be a Con called Games University, the whole point of the Con was to teach people to play games they had never tried before, it was a blast to run games for new players and it expanded the hobby. Have fun with this, I'm eager to see how it goes and best of luck. (BTW if you ever need someone to play a non-combat "NPC" like a mentor who never goes into the "field" but just offers advice--that I'd love to do. Just throwing the offer out there).

I have no experience with any RP games, but I am interested in trying. My first choice is a Twilight caste, and my second choice is a Night Caste.

[QUOTE="Silent Wayfarer]We ought to make a game for vets only. :D

[/QUOTE]
I'm in for that. It seems to me that the games I join in fizzle out. I want one that lasts.

Yeah, I always think it's important to bring new players into the game.

Also, some parts may seem tutorialish, but that's kinda the point :P

I hope this game rocks everyone socks! I've never played Exalted, but I'm quite satisfied playing in Sherwood's Southern Cross and Scions games. Have a blast, folks! =)

So got a couple interested so far. Gonna give it a bit more time to see if I can get more possible candidates in, :D

I would like to express interest. Which direction will we be in? Will we be playing out our Exaltations? Solars only, right?

wingnut2292 said:
I would like to express interest. Which direction will we be in? Will we be playing out our Exaltations? Solars only, right?
Solars only, going to start in the Scavenger Lands, in a slightly railroaded tutorial plotline

Savager Lands work, they're one pf the most Solar-friendly region in Creation. Sorry if I sound knowledgeable, I've had the books for ever but I've never been able to convince my troupe to try Exalted - they'd all rather play Vampire.

I'm good for Zenith or Twilight.

In the interest of disclosure, I am very familiar with the craft system. What kind of downtime will there be and options for using the artifact rules?

Exthalion said:
In the interest of disclosure, I am very familiar with the craft system. What kind of downtime will there be and options for using the artifact rules?
I may introduce crafting at some point, but early on, I'd shy away from it.

Exthalion said:
So the doctor/detective sort of Twilight would be a better fit than the Sorcerer/Artisan sort?
Indeed, as I said, I'm dumbing down the rules a bit. Crafting will exist, just not as written.

[QUOTE="Silent Wayfarer]I hope this means I get to be the mercenary captain Dawn.

[/QUOTE]
Maybe. Dumbing down Mass Combat as well. Any soldiers you may acquire will be more of a tool for plot than an actual statted fighting force. They won't be useless, but they won't be using Mass Combat rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back