• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings New Partner Search (Updated 09-3-23)

Rayna

Roleplay Type(s)
Click Sushi!

• Hello everyone! The name’s Rayna. I'm a 32-year-old female who has been writing off and on since I was a kid and actually RPing since I was 15.

I tend to write about anywhere from 2 paragraphs up to 8-10 but it really depends on what is happening in the story, ectera. Normally though, I tend to mirror replies.
    I'm happy to write as a male or female character but I do hope that you'll understand that I'm not always in the mood to play as a male.

What I'm looking for:
    ~ Someone who is literate and can write two or more paragraphs per post on a consistent basis. I get that some dialog can slow an RP down and shorten it but I'd prefer to keep it at 2 paragraphs
    ~ I prefer messages for PM's, just easier to keep track of.
    ~ I really like chatting OOC with my partners (not a requirement but a preference) and I tend to lean towards discord for that.
    ~I would also really like it if you'd PM me directly instead of commenting down below.

Things I will NOT do:
    ~Slice of life-based RP's (I'm sorry, but these don't hold my interest for long)
    ~High School settings (characters must be in their 20's or older)
    ~Fandoms

Things I will do:
    ~Pretty much anything else
    ~I love love love supernatural characters, fantasy, forbidden love, arranged marriage, action, drama, etc.
    ~ I don't mind using worlds from fandom's or powers/themes or what have you but I won't use those characters from the shows (I absolutely suck at playing them and will ruin it)

This is a mobile-friendly version:

Hello everyone! The name’s Rayna. I'm a 32-year-old female who has been writing off and on since I was a kid and actually RPing since I was 15.

I tend to write about anywhere from 2 paragraphs up to 8-10 but it really depends on what is happening in the story, etcetera. Normally though, I tend to mirror replies.
I'm happy to write as a male or female character but I do hope that you'll understand that I'm not always in the mood to play as a male.

What I'm looking for:
~ Someone who is literate and can write two or more paragraphs per post on a consistent basis. I get that some dialog can slow an RP down and shorten it but I'd prefer to keep it at 2 paragraphs
~ I prefer messages for PM's, just easier to keep track of.
~ I really like chatting OOC with my partners (not a requirement but a preference) and I tend to lean towards discord for that.
~I would also really like it if you'd PM me directly instead of commenting down below.

Things I will NOT do:
~Slice of life-based RP's (I'm sorry, but these don't hold my interest for long)
~High School settings (characters must be in their 20's or older)
~Fandoms

Things I will do:
~Pretty much anything else
~I love love love supernatural characters, fantasy, forbidden love, arranged marriage, action, drama, etc.
~ I don't mind using worlds from fandom's or powers/themes or what have you but I won't use those characters from the shows (I absolutely suck at playing them and will ruin it)

Themes: (I will bold what I’m craving.)

Arranged Marriage
forbidden love
A teacher/student romance.
Fantasy
Modern Fantasy
Supernaturals
Adventure
Mafia/Crime
Action
Medieval
AU Soulmates
Unrequited love

Pairings:

(*= level of current interest) All pairings are interchangeable

*****Mafia Boss | Civilian/child of rival gang boss/someone from within their own ranks

Detective|Serial Killer

Serial Killer| Serial Killer's object of fancy

Experiment|Scientist

Experiment|Experiment

Lycan/Werewolf x Human

Gifted Human x Supernatural

Angel x Demon

Supernatural x Human

Human x Human

Firefighter x Civilian

Vampire X Werewolf

Royal X Commoner

Royal x Guard

Dragon shifter x human/supernatural

Current Cravings:

* The more * the more I'm craving it.

***~I'm craving something within the realm of mobsters, thanks to the show Tulsa Kings.

*****~ I want to do something in the mafia realm where the Mafia leader kidnaps someone they're attracted to and gives them so much time in order to fall in love with them, but if they don't, they're free to go.

*~ I had a dream about some sort of dystopian thing where MC & YC were trying to cross the border into the no man's land or something, and they found our party and raided it but during the commotion, we got away and made it across the border. The buildings were all old and dusty like no one had lived in them for years but there were other people living there and had little colonies and stuff so we kind of integrated into them and they wanted to fight back against the other side.

~ I think it could be fun to play around with creating a world where animals are larger than humans. The world would most likely be an AU without modern technology.

***~An AU setting where soulmates have one-half of a tattoo that they get when they come of age.

~I have a current starter/plot that I really want to use and explore further, where a female whose father is a mafia don, finally gets sick of all the stuff her father is doing, and goes to the police station to turn him in. This would be a pairing of Mafia Daughter x Detective.

Plots:
~Muse A is boarding a plane (or ship depending on the era) for a much-needed vacation but when they hit severe turbulence/a storm, they are veered off course, crashing onto an unmapped island. Muse A is the sole survivor of the crash. Muse B is a native of these lands and is the only one who witnesses this crash. Will Muse B decide to save them and help them get off this island? (I’m open to talking about the rest of this but it’s something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time and never really got the chance to.)

~Society puts emphasis on loyalty above anything else. In fact, cheating and betrayal of any kind in any relationship are punishable by life in prison (and even death in extreme cases). So why does something that has been illegal for as long as they can remember, feel so right when we meet someone new? Avoiding jail just became the most difficult part of our characters' lives.

~I think a cute story would be one where MC was in some sort of accident and has amnesia, and YC was maybe a friend who has a huge crush on MC or is in love with them and is helping MC to regain their memory. To add some flare, we could say that MC overheard a conversation that pertains to the mafia or some sort of crime which is why MC was in an accident but when they find out MC is alive they start hunting them down. The only way for it to end is for MC to die or to remember what that information was and turn it over to the police.

Note: It doesn't have to be including the mafia or that crime, in particular, it is just an example and I'm happy to do other things with this as well. Just shoot me your ideas and I'm willing to work with them!

~(Though this is described more for a medieval time frame, I'm more than willing to change things around to make it modern). Two kingdoms have been at war with each other for years. YC's father has been a good king to his people and a good father and has been training YC to one day take over the throne. One day YC's father announces that there is a scouting party sighted in the area and he tasks YC with taking a group of soldiers to capture as many of them as possible. Within that group of captured individuals is MC, who put up quite the fight and almost got away. When YC returns to the king, he assigns YC with the task of deciding the captives' fate between labor, prison, or death. MC has absolutely no intention of sticking around and has been plotting my escape since my arrival.

~Magic is banned across the land in this story.

~Something to do with experimentation

~I want to do something with my serial killer character that I recently created. Would like to do something where YC is set to be MC's victim, then for one reason or another opts not to kill them, and eventually, over time, a romance can blossom.

~Or we could do something where perhaps we are partners on the police force MC is also a serial killer, and maybe there is some sort of fling or connection between us. At some point, YC finds out that MC is the killer and has to decide what to do. There are lots of ways that we can go about this so if you have an idea not listed I'd be happy to chat about it with you as well!

~Magic is banned across the land in this story. MC is married to a wealthy businessman who is possibly running for office (presidency or governor). MC is a witch but is doing everything in her power to hide it. One day as she is practicing spells her husband sees her and threatens to oust her if she ever tries to cross him. He had always been abusive but once he gained this power of knowledge over her, the beatings got a lot worse. During his campaign he eases up on her, too busy with his election to pay her much attention. YC can be one of his supporters who are making all the fliers, putting in the footwork to get people to vote for him, or maybe the writer for his speeches, whatever floats your boat. What I envision here is that YC sees mine and there’s a connection so they start spending time together more and more while her husband is away. Eventually, YC finds out about the abuse and it goes from there.

These are just a few ideas I have in mind. I'm always open to hearing your ideas as well if you have them! Just shoot me a message.

Here I will be posting random starters that are open for story discussions.
A quiet knock sounded upon the door drawing the small female’s attention. She knew what it meant and tried to move but her body refused. Fear shot through her entire body hitting her core like a lead ball. If she didn't get up it'd be even worse for her than allowing the male on the other side of the door to do as he wished. Shuddering at the thought she closed her eyes, swallowed her thoughts and feelings, then stood up, her hand shooting out to use the wall as balance when the world spun and her vision turned black. After a few seconds, her vision cleared enough to see through the spots blurring the room. Using the wall to find her way to the door she opened it up and stood behind the door hiding herself from the male and anyone else who might have tried to peek into the dully lit room. The unscented candles mounted upon the wall flickered and seemed to grow a bit taller with the fresh air wafting into her small room about the same size as that of a jail cell.

The window on the left wall coming into the room had been blacked out but even if she had broken through it the bars on the other side made sure she stayed put. She'd done it before and learned her lesson the hard way. Trying to squeeze through the bars she found herself stuck making a huge scene for her father who beat her black and blue from head to toe and left the window broken in the dead of winter. Almost dead, he finally allowed someone to come over to fix up the window. Only then had he nursed her back to health before starting his next bout of lessons allowing men to do whatever they desired no matter how horrible it seemed to others.

The male finally entered the room and she shut it as soon as he stepped to the side enough to provide her the space needed to accomplish her task. A split second after her hand released the door knob she was picked up and launched across the room making it onto her bed where she rolled to slow herself down but she didn't make it in time and the wall stopped her abruptly. She winced silently as her bruised naked shoulder slammed into the wall. Pursing her lips, she adjusted herself to lay on the middle of the bed upon her back and as the male moved onto her she closed her eyes going into her own little world where everything she desired was there, waiting for her to return. She didn't know how long it had been or what all he had done to her, her body hurt all over, her hips, shoulders, and neck all stung and burned at the same time yet she refused to face reality, face what was happening to her again. Just when she thought this day would never end she heard a ringing.

A phone call pulled her from her fantasies and she winced when the male pulled out and stood up answering his phone, his face turning white as if he'd been caught in the act of cheating. She felt slightly better about her situation, maybe she would get out of it this time? She listened carefully, straining to make out the woman’s words to her husband. She got tidbits here and there about how he needed to get home right then, then mumbled words. Her voice was frantic and the hang-up was abrupt. The male adjusted his pants, readjusting the zipper, button, and belt. He ran his hands through his hair to make himself look as he had before he entered the room then left as if nothing happened between them. Her heart raced as she listened to the male's retreating footsteps. Closing her eyes, she took in several deep breaths, slowly letting them out in order to force her heart rate to slow down. She had to clean up now.

Pushing herself up into a standing position she sighed and pulled open the door, she was naked almost all the time so it didn't even cross her mind that there may have been other people there, people she didn't know. She didn't even bother to look up with her green hues, instead, she kept them down allowing her ice blue hair, which hung down the length of her back to her knees, and deep green bangs to frame her face, shielding it from prying eyes. Unfortunately, the rest of her body was mostly revealed showing the multitude of scars, bruises, and hand prints left on her body. The fresh markings were obvious scratch marks along her hips, bite marks littering her side, shoulder, and neck, and a few scratches on the outside of her thighs. The fact that her skin was so pale, like a porcelain doll, didn't help to hide any of the markings, in fact, it put them on display, showing her father and anyone who dared to look, that she had done her job. "Asa, come here" Her father's gruff voice sounded loud enough to draw the girl's attention. Her ear twitched and she nodded, walking over to her father she stopped in front of him, her head hung low as she awaited her instructions. "No!" His voice boomed with authority causing the female to stop in her tracks, trembling a bit. "Go get dressed, then come back here." Gulping, she nodded again and returned to her room to dress before she returned to stand before her father who held out a twenty-dollar bill towards her.

Asa's hand trembled as she reached out to take hold of the money being offered to her. She tugged on it gently in order to slip it from his fingers, yet she was unable to, instead, she found that his thumb pinched it against the knuckle of his pointer finger. Confusion quickly spread over her features and she scrunched her eyebrows together before very slowly looking up at him. Everything she needed to know was written in his hazel eyes and darkened face. She knew that if she didn’t do as he said she would face consequences she wasn’t ready for. Shuddering at the idea seemed to satisfy him because he let the money go and dropped his hand to his side. Folding up the money into thirds she stuffed it into the tiny purse he gave her to match the white Sun dress she was wearing. He wanted her to “flaunt what she has" in order to attract attention to herself and therefore bring potential buyers to their home. The thought brought bile to the back of her throat and she had to swallow it down hard. “I..I’ll be back shortly.” She said quietly, almost too quiet, but she knew he heard her by the way he turned and headed to his favorite chair, taking a seat to wait for her return. Turning on the heel of her white flats she headed out the door making her way down the street towards the store only a few blocks from where she lived. Keeping her head down she used her dark green bangs and waist-length ice-blue hair to shield her porcelain face. Every piece of her exposed flesh had some sort of scar and/or bruise all of varying shades showing that it wasn’t a one-time thing.

“DAMIEN!!” A male shouted, banging on the front door which caused the man in question to whip his head towards it just as the other man came crashing through the newly found opening. “It’s Sky-” He panted more from his anxiety than the run he’d taken to get to his alpha’s home.

“Slow down. Take a deep breath and tell me what happened.” Damien spoke softly, but the worry crept into his voice causing the other wolf to shudder, taking a deep breath to help calm his nerves he spoke again.

“She’s been attacked by the rogue wolf. Emory and Asa are chasing after him, but Amaya can’t get her up to bring her here. I tried to help too but she’s in bad shape…” He trailed off, tears welling in his eyes causing him to turn his head away to hide them from his alpha.

Damien’s eyes narrowed and he growled low and deep before snapping out of it, reining in his anger once more. If he wasn’t composed, no one would be. “Thank you, Alec, I’ll take care of it. Retrieve the healer.” Alec nodded and headed back outside following his alpha before turning in the opposite direction. Damien began shedding his clothing, tossing them haphazardly upon his deck before quickly shifting into his wolf, shaking out the black and white fur he stretched his limbs and took off towards the scent of blood. It didn’t take long for the scene to unfold before him. Sky lay on her side, breathing heavily as Amaya hovered over her, pushing her hands into a deep wound as it tried to heal. The process was much slower when muscle and tissue were involved, and it looked as though the rogue wolf had tried to dig out Sky’s insides. Damien snarled and shook his fur again to recompose himself.

Moving to Amaya’s side to investigate the wound he took note that it was much deeper than he had originally thought. Amaya was doing her best, but it didn’t look as though she would make it. Nudging Amaya’s hand away he placed his large paw against the wound, covering it up most of the way and putting pressure on it which caused Sky to whine. Looking at Amaya he moved his head indicating that she should return to camp and help the healer aids set up everything to take care of Sky when the healer brought her back. Amaya took a second for the shocked and terrified look to morph into determination and she nodded roughly, standing up and bolting back towards the camp.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dusk was fast upon them; Asa and Emory had been tracking this wolf for hours and still hadn’t been able to catch up to it. Leaping over a falling tree the pair panted, looking around for a source of water in hopes that the wolf had stopped for a quick drink. Emory knew that they desperately needed it but he doubted Asa would stop until she ripped the rouge apart or Damien forced her to back down, he was the only one who could do so, especially when she was so worked up. He understood how she felt though, he could feel the turmoil in her mind and heart. Snorting he nipped at the back of her leg causing her to snap her head back to give him a glare when he put his muzzle to the ground indicating a fresh pair of tracks. They would have missed them had Emory not been as clear-headed as he was. As they began following the trail, they felt more than heard, their alpha closing the distance behind them and within a few seconds, the three were reunited. Damien looked just as tired as they felt but the look in his eye told Emory it was taking everything in him to contain the rage, he felt rolling off Asa in waves.

Without another word, Damien began leading the way, following the fresh tracks of the rogue wolf. It wouldn't be long before they were on top of him, giving him a taste of his own medicine, however, when they found where the tracks ended, they looked out across the lake horrified. He'd gotten away again. Closing his eyes the alpha took several deep breaths, Asa was unable to contain her rage and was determined to follow no matter what. She began charging towards the water, howling out an angry yet sorrowful howl. Damien snarled and she stopped turning back to look at him, her eyes pleaded for him to allow her to go but he refused and after a brief battle of wills, Asa reluctantly relented allowing the males to lead the way back.

It would be hours before the trio returned to their camp. The sun setting a couple of hours prior to their arrival. They parted ways quickly all with the same thought in their minds, to shift, dress, and check on their fellow packmate. Damien shifted in front of the steps to his porch, rolling his shoulders and shaking his arms and legs to rid his body of the pins and needles feeling he always got. Scooping up his clothing he pulled them on then turned and headed directly towards the healer’s house, meeting up with Asa at the front door. Asa looked younger than she acted, her features closer to that of a 19-year-old female with dyed pink hair which hung down to her butt and was normally tied up in a bun.

Opening the door, the stench of blood, herbs, sweat, and water punched the duo in the face, and they took a step back to allow the fresh air to slip inside before they took a breath and walked through the frame. Wrinkling his nose, he clenched his jaw and followed Asa through the living room, down the hallway, and into the back bedroom where Amaya, Sky, and Selene, their healer, were located. The wound did look better, all cleaned up and wrapped with gauze. The wolf still breathed unevenly, however; it was evident that she wasn’t in as much pain, and for that he was grateful.

When Selene looked up from washing and drying her hands, she nodded towards him and stood up leading the way into the kitchen where she began flitting about to make tea.

“If she makes it through the night and the infection doesn’t set in. She will live. She’ll have scars, but she will be okay.” The older woman sighed and leaned against the countertop as she waited for the water to boil. “We really have to do something about that wolf...” She muttered softly, not ordering Damien about just musing aloud and he grunted in agreement.

“Yeah, well we tracked it down to the lake before the tracks stopped, leading to the water’s edge. It swam but to where I don’t know.” He brushed a hand through his hair and blew out air to the side as he looked around the kitchen as if looking for something safe to hit. When he spotted nothing that could take his force, he shook his head and hit the fridge without much power behind it.

“So, it either has a hiding spot nearby and used the water to make you turn around, or it actually swam quite a way before reaching the other side…either way we need to set up a team and investigate it tomorrow bright and early so as to get a head start.” Damien nodded in agreement once more. He wanted to allow Asa the satisfaction of aiding in finding the rogue, but he didn’t think she would be levelheaded enough to stay on task without allowing her emotions to get the better of her. Sure, she was a good second when she wasn’t upset, but she was too close for this case. “I’ll probably take Emory and Amaya at first light. If you can, keep Asa here if possible, and don’t let her know what we are doing. She will certainly come looking for us. I know she will figure it out eventually, but I can’t have her anger getting the better of her.”

Selene smiled knowingly and turned off the burner as the kettle began to whistle. “Don’t you fret about that now. I’ll tell her you ordered her to stay. That’s the only way she won’t leave and chase after you. Though she may be tempted to anyways I’ll do my best to remind her otherwise.” She poured the hot water into a smaller kettle with the tea leaves inside and closed the top to allow it to steep.
“Thank you, Selene.”

Slender digits curled around the red rubber handle as it began to stir the chili inside the rather large pot. It was her turn to make dinner for the crew and she happily obliged. They all loved her food and waited patiently until her day would arrive. A soft sigh escaped the woman's lightly pinkened lips as emerald hues scanned the room looking over her fellow "housemates". She tended to split her time between living there in the firehouse and at home with her roommate Kierra. Though they'd gotten into another argument a few days ago and she was still annoyed so she'd opted to stay here a few extra days to give the both of them time to cool off. "Hey, Avi..are you almost done with your chili? We’re starving here!" Russell called out in a half-complaint, half-joking manner. He knew her answer, it was the same every time so when she said it, she wasn't surprised when he and the rest of their five "man" crew joined in. "You can't rush perfection Russell so hold your horses and wait or I'll make you wait until everyone else is done." He faked shock and placed a hand against his heart. "You wouldn't.." She gave him a look of 'yes I would' and he pouted a bit before joining in on the laughter with the other guys.

"Hey Cory, would you mind setting up the table for me? It's almost ready." "No problem!" He replied jumping up to his feet. He was the youngest and newest member of their team; his boyish charm had seemed to follow him into the workforce and allowed him to fit in easily with the rest of them. He'd tried a time or two to flirt with her, but she'd politely turned him down and finally told him of her orientation, shortly thereafter he accepted her as another man if you will and they'd been closer ever since. Brushing the waist-length curled auburn locks from her face she turned off the burner and walked over to the table where she placed a couple of hot pads in the center. The pot was then placed on top of them, and she began ladling out spoonfuls of the hot chunky liquid into the bowls giving each male a hearty meal. These guys, including herself, could eat rather large portions and still manage to be hungry afterward so she always made extra just in case.

Shortly after they finished washing up the alarm went off, dropping the towel she'd been using to dry her hands she and the rest of her crew ran to their uniforms quickly pulling them on over their clothing and hopping onto the fire truck in record time. Due to the fairly cold weather as of late, they hadn't had as many calls and instead had been practicing their times. Being the leader of their pack Avianna had to make sure everyone was in tip-top shape no matter what the weather. Today seemed to be a warmer one, the sun shining brightly in the sky. It was a nice change to the rain they'd been getting. With Russell behind the wheel, they made it to the building in just under fifteen minutes, which was fast for the location. Jumping out they got to work hooking up their hoses to help put out the blaze. They had been advised that it was a chemical fire and made sure not to use water to spread the fire further. Avianna and a more experienced member of her team named Soren joined her in the search inside the building. They had to make sure everyone was out before the fire got too much worse.

Quickly they searched from one room to the next sending people out through the front door when they were close enough and Soren escorted those that weren't. Finally, the pair made it into the lab where the fire seemed to have started, forcing open the door they headed inside. Soren took hold of the male and Avianna headed over to the woman. Lifting her up she followed Soren through the maze of the place making sure to duck under burning pieces of wood while taking the fastest and safest way out of the building. Rushing the pair of them over to the ambulance, the paramedics took it from there giving them oxygen masks to get them back on track. Both firefighters returned to work helping their comrades to put out the fire as quickly as possible so that there was as little damage to the building as possible.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back