• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Elenion Aura

One Thousand Club
NEW OASIS
MOONSHOT
Narrator

"Howdy, Partner. You can call me the Narrator. Whether you're an intrepid wanderer in search of a literary adventure or just an intrigued passerby, I'm glad to have run into you. The desert can be quite unkind to those caught unaware so do keep your eyes open and your wits about you."
  • 「 BASICS 」
    INTRODUCTION
    Welcome to Moonshot. A weird surrealist, fourth-wall-breaking, science, fantasy, space western about a doomed planet fighting to survive after the moon is struck by an asteroid and half of it has fallen out of the sky. That’s right, you heard me. The moon has fallen out of the sky and crashed into the little planet your character calls home.

And where is, or was, home you might ask? For all intents and purposes of building a cohesive story, home was a bustling metropolis city known as New Oasis. Sounds familiar? Admittedly, the city wasn’t doing too great even before the moon crashed into it but that’s not my story to tell.

Anyway, whatever was there before doesn’t matter because it’s gone now.

With half the moon missing, the planet began to deteriorate rapidly and will eventually become uninhabitable. We won’t even mention the giant black hole that appeared in the sky or all the monsters that started appearing. Maybe it was a natural adaptation, creatures evolving to cope with the hostile environment, or something far more sinister, who knows? Whatever the reason, this spelled no good, very bad news for us.

Life as we know it could not continue to exist in these conditions so we looked to the one safe place remaining for hope.

Space.

The Saturn Corporation, a multi-trillion dollar conglomerate known for renewable energy, cybernetics, and their technological advancements in space exploration, won the bid to build The Atlantis - a self-sustaining space habitat that will be able to support humanity on what remains of the moon. It has everything we would need to give us a fighting chance.

Its CEO, Oliver James is an eccentric, moody, controversial inventor, entrepreneur, and chief engineer. While hated by many for his power and wealth, unconventional methods and politics, Saturn Corp was celebrated for their contributions to moving the human race forward, or in this case, helping it survive completely. But how did we choose? There was no way to take everyone. How did we decide who goes and who stays? The final decision? A worldwide lottery. You win, you have a ticket for migration. You lose, you stay on the planet, awaiting the inevitable that will surely come.

COMBAT
    This roleplay will be predominantly "PvE", with a few opportunities for Player Character Vs. Player Character sprinkled throughout. With that in mind, occasionally events will have their outcomes determined via dice roll, with opportunity for advantaged rolls for characters who may have some trait or ability that would lend itself well to the task they are trying to complete. The dice rolls and advantages (or disadvantages) will be determined by the GM prior to the roll.

「 BASICS 」
「 MORE 」
「 RULES 」
OST 1 — MAIN THEME

You're the first roleplay-interest check I saw & clicked, and I'm not disappointed. This sounds like what would be up my alley, I'm leaning to an Earthbounder trying to survive and not wanting to blame the Atlanteans above him, but sure as heck envying them. A struggle between self preservation and morality when times come that the two can't coexist. Full disclosure, I am new to the site and a tad rusty on roleplaying, so if you don't mind that I'd be more than happy to plant a boot in the saloon.

(also the theme music, listened to it even while writing my introduction for RPNation, groovy choice)

You're the first roleplay-interest check I saw & clicked, and I'm not disappointed. This sounds like what would be up my alley, I'm leaning to an Earthbounder trying to survive and not wanting to blame the Atlanteans above him, but sure as heck envying them. A struggle between self preservation and morality when times come that the two can't coexist. Full disclosure, I am new to the site and a tad rusty on roleplaying, so if you don't mind that I'd be more than happy to plant a boot in the saloon.

(also the theme music, listened to it even while writing my introduction for RPNation, groovy choice)
Thank you for the incredibly nice words and we're excited to have you onboard! :')
I can't wait to see how you develop your character and hope we can provide a story that allows that.

Everyone is welcome! We're waiting for a couple more interests before we start sharing the discord channel but if you have any questions in the meantime do let us know!

i would like to yee my last haw. in all seriousness this excites me very much! interested :)

sooooooo funny story B)))

i was gonna not join because i have like soooo much stuff to do and im dying for realsies

but then i was like "hmmm i have funni idea" and it developed and took on a mind of its own and 🥺 im inch rested

Users who are viewing this thread

Back