• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings New Oasis: Gangsters Edition (CLOSED)

Characters
Here
Emelia Dawson.jpg

the-gallery.regular.png

After tossing out her sucker, Emelia returns to the bench she was sitting on before and keeps a steady eye on the position of "Dry Ice" and "Ticco" of the Ruby Revenants--who, in spite of the festivities, both appear low in spirits.

She retrieves a disposable floss-pick from a baggy within her purse, using it to clean her teeth, then flicks it into the nearby trash-bin with precision and ease once she's finished.

When her phone dings, she plucks it from her purse and reads Carter's message asking about suspicious characters in the area. She types back, "Revenant Ace and Jack," after which, she sends another that says: "They don't look happy but they haven't noticed me."

As a long running member of the Albino Tigers, Emelia has had her run-ins with the rowdy Jack of the Ruby Revenants. He's an aggressive character, but he's not hard to soften up. While she's never fought him, she has witnessed his skills and capabilities, but in spite of his demeanor, she cannot imagine that he was involved in any of the murders.

Emelia tilts her head, staring at the two through the crowd, and she can't help but wonder... Do they know their members are killing people? Or are they being framed by another gang?

WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten
Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed (mentioned)

virgi-ella.regular.png

e3b7695823262adbd6935c513f60c6ee.jpg

Luna Luskire | Albino Tigers - Senior, Jack |Location: Rose (Central) District | Interacting/Mentioned: Nakazajo Chikage, Akimitsu Grossi, Pascal Corbin

Luna knew that Chikage tensed up at Akimitsu's sudden appearance and she felt sympathy for his rookie mistake, but it wasn't his fault. You don't normally expect a guy of Chikage's type to be the Elder of a gang. He was strong, smart, and cautious--often more so with women than men--but his relationship with his members was of low quality. His attitude toward their male members was unfair more often than not.

Akimitsu returned the gesture and shook Luna's hand, "Oh, is that so? My apologies, I can be overprotective of our Elder sometimes. My name is Akimitsu Grossi, but I also go by the name of Mr. Punk. I hate being called by that name, but maybe it is because of my mannerism, I suppose. I'm deeply sorry."

Luna smiled to him, "It's fine." She waved a dismissive hand.

Another Tiger approached the three of them. It was Pascal. Despite being Jinxless, he proved to be very useful in inventing machines, weapons, armor, and other crafty creations that assited the Jinxes of others, as well as supported their weaknesses.

Luna hadn't spoke to him often, but in most of the few instances in which they did talk, it was mutually pleasant. She had no bad opinions of him and never even considered him to be different.

"Hello, Sir," he greeted Chikage, then Luna, "And hello to you too, Ma'am."

Luna wiggled her fingers in a wave, smiling at Pascal.

Akimitsu started to introduce himself immediately and the two engaged in conversation.

Luna stood back patiently waiting for them to finish, until Chikage interrupted them, a hint of annoyance in his tone. He gave out orders for the group, informing them to keep their guard up and be on the lookout for other districts. Luna noted every word he said, understanding the seriousness of this situation.

Pascal stated that he wanted to scout by himself, which struck anxiety in Luna. She didn't like the thought any members being alone, even if he was less known to other gangs. There was still bound to be someone who had heard of the Jinxless, mechanic mastermind of the Albino Tigers. She worried for Pascal's life at this point. However, not just his, but everyone's. From there, Pascal wandered off in a different direction, whereas Akimitsu made for the mansion in response to a text from "Library", the Vice Elder.

Luna turned to Chikage with a small sigh, "So, what now? Just wander around? If that's the case, could we go into a store?" She asked, perking up to the thought of shopping, "I mean, buying gifts for everyone might cheer them up, and it might die down the gloominess of today. It's Christmas after all!"

Luna tilted her head, forming a big smile across her face, and gave the Elder her biggest puppy-dog eyes.

It might not be entirely true that gifts could cheer up everyone right now, obviously, but it definitely would Luna. Giving was a gift in its own, and that was enough to revive her broken spirit. The smallest chance that those gifts could make someone else feel better during these hard times made her want to buy them more and more with each passing second. Plus, it was a good reason to go shopping. That and it's Christmas anyway.

Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean GeorgeTownRaja GeorgeTownRaja Anne Boolean Anne Boolean

Summer Reed - Ruby Revenant - Rookie

In years past the Christmas festival had been one of Summer’s favourite times of the year. Since moving to New Oasis seven years ago she’d developed a real fondness for the people, their peculiarities, and the various times of year they banded together for celebration. In the past, she’d get permits to open a small stall not far from the Central Bazaar, whiling away hours chatting with more people than she’d ever have hoped to meet in her old hometown. Today was different. The city was different she supposed. The other districts liked to turn their eyes from what had happened in the West, pretend nothing had changed. But then the murders. Gang members getting whacked at an alarming rate. Even the most cowardly of the news stations had begun to dip their toes into reporting on it. And of course, now she was in one of those gangs. The icy air hadn’t numbed the tension that pricked up and down her spine.

Summer had done, in her smaller role, what little she could. She’d conjured some raven familiars, sent one after each of the Ruby’s most notable - the elder, vice, jack, ace. Just in case. If it bothered any of them, she’d ask for forgiveness after, but they were in a very delicate position and she couldn’t risk any of them getting in trouble. Summer herself was currently sitting at a table in a packed outdoor café (plenty of witnesses), desperately praying that the coffee she sipped at would warm her more than it was currently managing. If there was one part of the Christmas festival she’d never grow accustomed to, it was the cold. How were people just walking around with loose t-shirts and thin zip-ups? She’d donned a thick, wooly sweater and she still shivered. Maybe that’s not the cold.

She closed her eyes and opened eyes that weren’t her own. She was circling the Vice. Nothing of note. Then she was circling the Jack and Ace, together. She’d smile if this familiar could. Nice to see genuine camaraderie. She wondered whether she was meant to get gifts for all the higher members of the gang. Was that gang etiquette? She blinked and the Elder materialised below, he - oh shit, he had a hand on his sword . . . but the other man, who she didn’t recognise, didn’t seem to be overtly hostile. He was chuckling. She supposed that could be because he was an experienced gang member, assassin, and unfazed by violence. Maybe that would be the logical thing to assume but Summer wasn’t a very logical person. She had a gut feeling, animal instinct maybe. Yeah, the Elder had hand on hilt, but word among her peers was that he was actually quite violence-averse, until a situation called for it. Did she believe that? Maybe. Rather than immediate action, she figured she could just check in on them every couple of minutes. No need to escalate.

The chill still clung to her.

Jin was hesitant to follow the stranger. He was obviously a possible threat since he was a Tiger and Jin had no clue what his Jinx was. Jin was ready to set of his jinx just in case. He walks with the Tiger ready for an ambush. He and the Tiger walk out of the Rose district Jin leading him into the West District making it seem like he went there without thinking. He needed to find out more about this person before letting anything out about his true thoughts. This was the toughest part for him. Acting like the angry demon many thought him to be was agonizing but necessary. "That is true I would like nothing else but to stop these stupid murders." He makes sure not to drop is façade that he is to use too. "That being said what should i care if a few kittens die here or there" The words are as sharp as a knife to Jin when he says this. Jin makes his fake anger known a bit more now before speaking again. "So I'm assuming you know who I am otherwise you wouldn't strike up that conversation. Sadly I don't know who you are and if you want this interaction to stay civil you'd be quick to introduce yourself."

Raven thought it was about time to get Akimitsu to pull his weight. She was frustrated she came all this way and the rookie was with Rocchi the whole time. "He's screwed once we are done patrolling." She thought to herself while also thinking of different punishments shell have him do later. She dropped down from the building she was on and increased the radius of her Jinx and walked up behind him making sure he could feel the change in noise level then she grabbed his should and turned him around. Wasn't that hard since she towered over him with more than 5 inches of height. Once he was turned around she stuck a note in his face which read. "Listen rookie I know you like to suck up to Rocchi cause he's the Elder but don't forget I'm the Vice-Elder just like Roochi if I say jump you say how high. UNDERSTAND!!!" After That she handed him a pen to write his response.

Misa was pretty nervous being out on her own but she knew she had to help figure out what the hell was happening in this damn city. Luckily she wasn't going to be alone long she told Kazu to meet with her. She was better at talking with him then most of the other members though mostly because she's been tasked to help him get better with the gang. Being a mentor was kind of fun in its ways Though She knew Kazu's brother so maybe she wouldn't have to teach him much. It is kind of weird since Kazu is older then her. "I hope he's doesn't run into any trouble." She says to herself. She is in the outer boundary of the Rose district right by her own district. Its a bit safer To wait there. She puts on her headphones and just relaxes to music as she waits for Kazu to get there.

GeorgeTownRaja GeorgeTownRaja Cracker Cracker Anne Boolean Anne Boolean

pascal1_copy.jpgpascal2_copy.jpg

Pascal Corbin

Pascal didn't have anywhere in particular he wanted to take Jin. Rather, it would just seem less suspicious if they were moving, and people would be less likely to hear them if they dropped any more information about their affiliations. When the other decided to take the lead and move them to the West District, Pascal didn't hesitate to follow. The man was fairly good at his accidental wandering act, but the blond did manage to see through it, if only by a little bit.

"Hmm..." Pascal mused at the man's cold words. "If that was really the case, I believe you wouldn't be having this conversation with me." There were people in the Rose District, sure, but Jin had still made a show of his power with a hand on the hilt of his blade. There were still people here in the West District as well, but Pascal figured a mob boss would be able to take someone out and make a quick getaway, especially in the area they ruled. "No... I believe you do care, but let me humor you.

"Those 'kittens', as you call them, have friends and families. Imagine the next victim being someone you care for. If empathy isn't convincing, consider the friends and families of the victims band together. As more and more of yours turn up missing or dead, more and more of the ones they left behind will feel animosity towards you. I'm sure the Revenants spark fear in the people of the West District, but... never underestimate everyday people who come together for a common goal."

He let out another chuckle when the Elder once again threatened violence. "Sadly, you won't find much worth from my name, but I'll share it with you anyway. My name is Pascal Corbin. Although I'm fairly certain you haven't heard my name, you may have seen some of my inventions carried by some of the Tigers. It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Masaka, sir. You may not believe me, but I mean you no harm. I can't speak for all the Tigers, but I just want to see these tragedies end, before anyone I care about falls prey to whoever is behind them."

The blond wondered just how the Elder of the Revenants had been dealing with this. He looked quite young, maybe even younger than Pascal himself. Had there been some sudden coup in his gang, like with Chikage and the Tigers? If so, Pascal only hoped Jin was more competent than his predecessor. He wanted to hope that the man would treat his subordinates kindly and fairly, but in this line of business that was wishful thinking.

SRUNewman SRUNewman

raflessia.regular.png

ec7e8cba57260455cf48487afd0389e7.jpg

Nionet Sinblade | Sapphire Dragons - Elder | Location: East District (Sapphire Dragons HQ) | Interacting/Mentioned: Katsura Kanna, Erich Silva

In reply to Kanna's question about whether or not a Jinx was involved in the murder of the Dragon member, Nionet shook her head lightly, for it was uncertain. Most likely, the killer had a Jinx, since it is rare not to, but whether they used it or not was the stubborn question that could not yet be answered. Although, it was clever to refrain from using a Jinx because a person could be identified more easily through their abilities.

Nionet sat back down in her chair and sighed at the mess they were in. It was saddening to experience the loss of beloved friends and allies, as well as the very peace that the Dragons fought so hard to maintain. Nionet had felt defeated already, but it did not mean she was willing to give up. That was far beyond her choice of options.

"I haven't personally seen anything weird happening with the other gangs. But, I was thinking of visiting the other districts and having a look around. I feel like there are more answers beyond our own. Unless, you prefer me to stay here instead." Kanna spoke, "If you wish, I could wait until tomorrow before going out."

Nionet thought for a moment, considering the dangers of being out in the other districts while gangs are more hostile. The threat to life was high in the air, but gathering information was the vital key to identifying the killer(s).

Tapping her fingers against each other, Nionet finally decided on how to go about being in public, to which she said, "Though it is dangerous to be out, for it will put your life at high risk, we need even the smallest details about the other districts right now. I would appreciate your assistance in that field, but please-" She paused, holding a sympathetic gaze for Kanna, "Please travel with someone."

With that said, she sat back, picking up the papers from earlier that outlined the most useful and specific evidence about each gang, and continued to read them. This was the signal that Kanna was free to go.

The next and final scheduled discussion for today was with the Vice Elder of the Sapphire Dragons--Erich Silva, or, "Pixel".

Nionet had a mixed opinion of him. His personality contrasted significantly from hers, but he was interesting. Maybe it was the mask... No, it wasn't.

Erich was more than just strange, but rather he was unique to Nionet. His Jinx was of no other, and his lively, cordial nature was oftentimes contagious.

Apart from that, Nionet was totally stumped by his noble rank of Vice Elder, as the boy rarely follows orders without tweaking them to suit his own liking.

Though, something about Silva was captivating, so enough for Nionet to develop a small attachment to him. She supposed it was the constant courage he showed and the energetic vibes that flooded the room with his presence.

Despite that, it was hard for Nionet grasp his strange remarks (jokes) and his awfully flattering compliments--two things she struggles to comprehend in the same way a normal person could. But, a few times Silva did managed to draw a small laugh from Nionet, not that she understood a joke or anything. She merely found amusement in his weird-self. He was bold and foolish in a way that was entertaining.

Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

367932F7-4D6C-457C-BDB0-85D7B42CC7BE.jpeg

Matsuda Russo “Ticco”

Somewhat disturbed, Matsuda gives him a sheepish smile. “Hey.. it’s alright. I understand.” He tries to comfort Boltius with words, too afraid to touch him in case he fires off or something. He thinks for a moment. He completely understands how Boltius feels. What Matsuda wouldn’t give to fight his rage out. But he knew better. “But D, Y’know we cant do that. Not here anyway.” He looks around, checking to see if his elder was around. No sign of him. Good.

He leans forward and presses his palm on Boltius’ shoulder. “But, if you really are feeling passionate enough about this. How about we snoop around?” He puts his other hand up in a stop motion. “But, no fighting. Y’know we’ll get in trouble.” Matsuda knew what he was suggesting. To directly disobey Jin? His elder? It was shameful, he knew. But, he also knew that if he ignored this any longer him, or more likely Boltius might explode. For Boltius, quite literally.

Interactions- Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean

A4529BD6-0975-4050-AEBF-05CACA002BDE.jpeg

Grègoire Tanaka “Grèe”

Having gotten bored of watching these strangers play, Grèe decided to stalk around the festival, people watching. This may make him look suspicious, but he didn’t care. He was actually hoping to bump into one of the other gangs. He was itching for a fight. Even if it only had to be verbal. Of course, Grèe, ever the noble, wouldn’t use his Jinx quite yet. He wanted to play fair to these weaklings.

He pushed his hair back, baring his teeth to a confident smile, even if it was covered by his face mask. Maybe he should get a drink. That always eased his mind... somewhat.

Carter Renshaw
Status Carter Renshaw | Albino Tigers Junior | Central Bazaar | Interactions: Emelia - Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean
Carter read Emelia's reply, and responded with, "Ok, I'll keep an eye out too, nearly there." He approached the Central Bazaar, squeezing himself through crowds before seeing Emelia sat alone at a bench, her eyes fixed on a pair Carter recognised. He walked up to Emelia and looked up at where she was watching the two Revenants. He gives a brief "Hello!" before sitting next to her, arms crossed, still glancing up at the Revenants.

"So, there they are. Wonder what's up with them. Revenant Rats.." he mutters the last part under his breath, remembering how some of the bodies the gang found pointed towards them, "Think it was them who caused all this? Maybe they're trying to, I don't know, get back into the running for King District? They've lost so much, so maybe they only see it as fair if we lose people too." He shakes his head before continuing, "Sorry, I know you probably don't want to start theorising people's deaths today. Where would you like to go?"

wildeoo-free.regular.png

ab8e5291fa078345749dc40345a1a9f6.jpg

Kazo Avincen | Sable Serpents - Rookie | Location: South District | Interacting/Mentioned: Misa Tanaka

Kazo was seen sluggishly walking down the streets of the South District. With every step, he dragged his foot across the sidewalk, followed by the panting with each breath. He was tired, having not enough sleep, along with being forced to move.

Kazo muttered to himself, "I literally stated that I would not be doin' anything that required too much effort, and this-!" He circled himself in the air with his finger, referring to his state of exhaustion, "This is pure torture straight from the depths of hell."

He may have exaggerated the situation a little too much. But hey, people get cranky with little sleep. Normally, he would just deal with it and keep his irritation a little more bottled up.

An old man staggering down the street across from him glanced at Kazo with a concerned expression. A wooden cane in his hand, he was in better shape than the rookie Serpent member.

"I hate this district." The old man said with a sigh.

A minute more of pushing himself toward the Rose District, Kazo finally collapsed in an alleyway, where it was nice and shaded. He wasn't far from where Misa said to meet, but he figured a third break from walking wouldn't be too much, right?

Thankfully it wasn't hot. Winter was his favorite season, when it was chilly and sunless. Pulling a bag of mini Hershey's chocolates from the front pocket of his hoodie, he began to enjoy the sweet, sugary delights. His annoyed attitude from before vanished within seconds, and he closed his eyes. He had reconsidered being in this gang too many times already, but leaving the question of who his brother's--Axle's--killer was unanswered would eat him from the inside out. Kazo wouldn't be able to stand knowing that they were out there roaming around, all fine and dandy.

This was something that brought one of Kazo's most expressed emotion--annoyance--to the surface, along with a few other things, such as walking and being hungry. His brother's death didn't faze him much. Eh, if anything, they did Axle a favor. However, the killer had no right to take him away from Kazo's life.

Kazo pulled his phone out and started scrolling through memes he had saved in his gallery. They were clever and funny, drawing a slight smirk on his face. He glanced up at the time, remembering what it was that he had to do: Meet Misa.

He groaned to the thought, but stood up anyway. From there, he walked twenty feet more before he was tired again, "Why? Why is she so far?" He whined.

Then he saw her--Misa stood in outside boundaries of the Rose District, headphones on, completely relaxed.

"Oh, I see you finally showed up, huh?" He mumbled, even though she was the one waiting...

Kazo made his way towards her and tapped her on the shoulder, then sat down on the ground beside her to rest. Yes, he rested again while waiting for her to remove her headphones before he would said anything.

SRUNewman SRUNewman

Nakazajo Chikage.jpg

angars-runes-personal-use-only.regular.png

"With all due respect, sir," Pascal started, catching a less-than-interested perk of the brow from Chikage as he persevered through the rest of the Jinxless mechanic's prattle.

He thought to himself then, More useful on your own?... Uh... Okay, in a derisive way, spitting a quick utterance of annoyance at Pascal as he took his leave, in which Chikage said, "Just try not to be too useful, if you would."

In his time as Elder, he can honestly say that he's seen more children of use than Pascal with a sword against a plain of grass, and for that he can only imagine that he'll later find the guy dead in a ditch.

Stick to your workshop... he mentally advises--next, focusing on Akimitsu, then Luna once they're alone.

"So, what now? Just wander around? If that's the case, could we go into a store?" she asks him. He shows a weak smile and reminds her in a soft tone of voice that, "Most stores are closed down for the night to give workers time with their families. Plus, that's a lot of gifts, dear."

With that being said, he takes a quick glance at Luna, then returns that gaze ahead before, once again, looking at Luna to have noticed her pleading, puppy-dog eyes. The expression strikes his heart with a mixture of guilt and pleasure, and he looks away with a nervous chuckle, wondering what to say. "Aha... W-Well... Perhaps... We could win everyone some gifts?"

To be honest, Chikage would rather be caught sniffing socks than caught playing Christmas festival games in the middle of a potential gang war, but when a pair of eyes so striking that they melt your soul desires it--it will be so.

He beckons the girl to follow him, gesturing around the area at the many activities to partake in. "Do any of them particularly interest you?" he asks.

Cracker Cracker
GeorgeTownRaja GeorgeTownRaja (Mentioned) Anne Boolean Anne Boolean (Mentioned)

Rosser Miller.jpg

technical-stencil-vp.thin-oblique.png

Boltius isn't out to cause trouble, nor is he out to be the best. He's out for revenge, fueled by his passionate loyalty to the Ruby Revenants, and by friendships lost.

Just a year ago, before the flood, one wouldn't dare make enemies of the Revenants, not with the King's title to their name. They were influential and powerful and respected, yet now they stand at the bottom--pitied and laughed at.

In some way, he believes that the killings are an act of fear. Whoever is responsible doesn't want them rising to the top again, so they've officially begun to target their already crippled numbers.

As if... he inwardly fumes, flinching at the hand on his shoulder and immediately regaining control over his temperature.

Boltius looks at Matsuda, listening.

"If you really are feeling passionate enough about this. How about we snoop around?" Saying this, he holds up a hand and adds, "But, no fighting," and Boltius relaxes with a sigh. He isn't sure how well he can follow that order, but he can try.

He closes his eyes and concentrates his breathing, inhaling deeply. The chatter and laughter of happy folk and children remind him of the consequences to come from an unnecessary fight. Their laughter turns to fearful screams--smiles into sobbing sorrow. To hold himself responsible for all of that chaos, Boltius would be ashamed.

Finally, he opens his eyes and does a dance to loosen himself up.

"Okay. You're right. You're right. No fighting. Questions first. Got it. Got it. We can do this- I can do this." He claps his hands together, shakes his arms at his sides, and bounces on his toes--all to calm himself down and cheer himself back up. "Thanks, dog. I owe you one..." Boltius punches Matsuda in the shoulder, showing him a spirited grin while adjusting the flat-bill cap on his head, where an orange tuft of hair pokes out over its buckle. "Where to?"

Little does he know that they're being watched--and not just by Summer.

Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed
WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten (Nearby) jaelee jaelee (Mentioned at the end)

Emelia Dawson.jpg

the-gallery.regular.png

"Hello!"

"Oh!" Emelia jumps, slightly startled, "Whoops~ Hello!" She shows Carter a smile and offers a twinkle of a wave, scooting over to make more room on the bench as he sits down beside her.

Naturally, her green gaze acknowledges the tank of water on his back, but she pays it no comment--though, she does wonder if it's as heavy as it looks.

Right off, Carter starts discussing the recent killings and their possible perpetrators, such as the Ace and Jack of the Ruby Revenants just meters away, and Emelia readies a response of her own before he suddenly apologizes for bringing up the matter.

She quickly brushes it off and assures him, "Oh no, I don't mind! It's important, after all, and I think every one of us are eager to get to the bottom of it."

Her focus fixates on the two Revenants. Standing up, she situates the strap of her purse over her shoulder and turns to Carter, holding out her hand for him to take. "I don't want to stick too close to those two, but I suppose it's wise so that we can keep an eye on them. The Godfather two... Have you seen it?" She curiously awaits his answer, staring widely with her bright features.

Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed (mentioned/nearby)

Erich Silva.jpg

tingee-demo.regular.png

"Alegrarse, amigo! Wut's gotchu so down? It's Chris'mas 'n you sulkin'. Got me so bored to be aroun' you, mane." Silva taps a finger against the horn on August's forehead, and August swats his hand away.

"I'm not down, Silva. Ya been pokin' me for some umpteen minutes, mate."

As if genuinely confused, Silva shrugs his shoulders and rapidly looks around before locking eyes with August again, whom he asks in a scratchy Mexican-Spanish accent, "¡Dios mío! Well, watchu want me to do?"

August August.jpgAugust looks to the side with his eyes, then back at Silva. "Uh... Maybe wait patiently like I'm doin'?" he retorts, the Australian in him hard on his words.

Beneath his mask and goggles, Silva squints his eyes and wrinkles his nose as if he's just caught whiff of burnt beans. Then after a second of the two just staring back and forth at each other, he abruptly rests his weight on August and shakes a finger at him while laughing, "Que gracioso, amigo! You see, I'm not dull like you. Silva waits for nobody."

At this, August shakes his head and rolls his eyes. He pulls himself away from the Vice Elder, trying to regain his personal space, then brushes the spot where Silva was touching, to which Silva clutches his chest and pouts in a low whisper, "Mis sentimientos..."

"I dunno what ya sayin'. I didn't take Spanish, but I'm sorry, mate. Ya just really... on me right now, and it's- it's... Personal space, mate. Just personal space."

Silva shoves his hand in August's face and turns away, feigning sorrow. He shuffles over to the door of Nionet's office, knowing that she and Kanna are discussing details on the missing members of the gang, and he presses his mask into the corner where the door meets its close. His steel-prosthetic legs create a clacking noise on the floor that causes August to cringe.

Through the crack in the door, Silva can hear the two girls talking. He starts heavily breathing, then lets out a plea against August in hopes that Nionet will rescue him from boredom.

"Ayyyye! My lovely lady-like, wouldju please let me in! I'm so bored! ¡Este tonto me está matando!"

Cracker Cracker FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

Last edited:
Carter Renshaw
Status Carter Renshaw | Albino Tigers Junior | Central Bazaar | Interactions: Emelia - Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean , Boltius,Matsuda (nearby) - Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed
After apologising for his remarks about the killings, Carter awkwardly hangs his head down a bit as he awaits Emelia's reply, hoping he hadn't killed the mood so soon into their conversation. His face lights up with relief when he hears her brush off his apology, talking about how it was an important topic. Even after 2 years of service in the gang, he was still very aware of how his allies perceive him, especially knowing there are people like Chikage who wouldn't take kindly to him offending a female Senior.

"I'm glad you think it's important too. It's been hard to sleep at night, knowing that the next time my friends - or me - ventures from the safety of the HQ, that they might not come back. It's..." Carter ponders his word choice for a moment, not wanting to appear as scared for his life as he was, "... It's very worrying. I want us to get to the bottom of it."

He stands up after Emelia does, taking her hand a moment after it's offered. He listens carefully, looking at her while she talks about keeping an eye on the two Revenants. He feels a bit sheepish after being asked about the Godfather, not wanting to seem too uncultured, but quickly responds when she's done talking, "I think we should keep an eye on them, we don't know what they're up to. I wonder if they'll notice us though. Godfather two... can't say I've seen it if I'm honest, not that familiar with old movies. I guess there's some wise stuff in there, though, right?"

Pit
[] Sapphire Dragons - Rookie []
[]Rose District => Cafe Nearby []
Interactions: jaelee jaelee

1604042521833.png

The large head of a dog rose amongst the crowd. Some people stiffened at the sight of an all too literal dog-man, though, most of the residents have grown indifferent to his presence. Especially his quite lively and fun-loving nature. Pit had lived in Oasis City ever since he could remember, always throwing parties and living his best life, seeming to never be let down. In fact, he had grown up amidst Gang life, having watched the excitement from the sidelines. Though, for years, something within himself had told him that such a life was simply not for him. Preferring to keep his record clean so he could possibly get a career; do that...success stuff that so many were doing. Though recently, that life seemed to shake its head at him too, as the only manager who even considered hiring a large man-dog had fired him. In turn, he wasn't able to throw the many parties that he used to, and things that used to be so easy to pay for, like his tiny little apartment, began to take a toll on his bank account. Desperate, he turned to the Sapphire Dragons, as he had lived in the city his whole life, had been around them for so long, causing no trouble, surely they'd lend him a hand. To his avail, the Gang offered him a place amongst their ranks, and Pit took the offer with no hesitation.

It was only now that he was getting a little, nervous. The rumors of murders and kidnappings had nearly made him want to stay inside during his favorite time of year. The mere crowd made his fur stand on end, the killer could be right in front of them, toying with them all in plain-sight. The thought made his throat rumble in an attempt to growl, however refraining from such by biting his tongue. He didn't want to scare others.

Deciding to take his mind off the predicament to fill his aching stomach, the large pooch turned his attention to a food eating contest not too far away. Free food. Easy-Friendly competition. Prizes! Perfect! Pit happily made his way over, excusing himself through the watching crowd as he strode up the stairs of the stage. The smell of cookies filled his nose as he approached, the heavenly aroma nearly blinding him from the dozens of disgusted, and skeptical faces of the crowd and judge. Rude, "All Men are Created Equal" aren't they? Nonetheless, Pit paid no mind toward them, having gotten used to such faces at a young age anyway. Stalking toward the reigning champion, his name being Francis or something- Pit didn't care, he wanted his plate of cookies.

"Ho-...hoho...uh Anyone else!???" The fake Santa shouted amongst the crowd, in fact, as soon as Pit had stepped up to the stage, two men had stepped off. Leaving just three competitors, two challengers, and the reining 3 year cookie eating contest champ. Pit didn't really care about the title either; the only thing on his mind were those cookies; drool began to slowly roll off the flaps of his mouth at the mere thought of them.

Finally, the time came for the contest to start, and the fake Santa motioned for the food to be brought out. Taking their positions, the three competitors sat before the large table as a colossal pile of cookies was put before them. The Santa host rose his bell, and once that sucker chimed,-..

Pit nearly went feral...

- - - - - - -​

There was no such competition, in fact, the contest was over in less than seven minutes, and by the 5th, Pit was eating the cookies off of his opponent's plates. Dog drool had been splattered all over the table, and nearly the same amount was spread across Pit's two opponents as he licked the crumbs off their faces.

"DAmn it MUTT GET OFF Of me!" One of them exclaimed before wobbling out of their chair, and just as quickly falling to the ground as the large amount of eating took its toll on the poor man. He groaned at the grumble of his sore stomach.

Looking down at the lad, Pit's expression was one of jovial innocence. "oh, my bad mate..." He chuckled as he was given a medal by the contest host. The large pooch replied with his gratitude before making his way off the stage. Now in a much better mood, the hound then continued on with his hunt for food. Pit, particularly, made his way toward a booth with a familiar concessionaire. The sweet voice of her words promising the gift of his favorite graham crackers echoed through his mind as he finally filed through the crowd to approach the booth. But-....this wasn't her stall. "Who- are you...?" Pit asked the large innocent-looking man selling over-sized candy-canes.

"Uh-..." Not exactly knowing what to say to the strikingly-intimidating pit-bull/man. "Jeff...." He said with a small nervous swallow. A frown then enveloped his expression, but-..she promised. She pinkie-promised at that, who breaks a pinkie-promise. A small whine came from Pit as walked away whilst chomping down on the large candy cane he'd bought from the vendor. Perhaps she moved? No, he knew her scent, and he'd sensed no such presence while he was here. Unfortunate.

However, as he began to leave, a familiar scent hit him like a brick, in turn, he followed it, which led to his nose being raised to the sky. Though, all that was seen was a raven..a few ravens. His eyes narrowed in skepticism before he quickly realized what exactly was so significant about those ravens. After taking another bite of the tasty candy cane, he followed his nose as it tracked the smell of raven familiars into the cafe. With a small look around, Pit finally spots her, and jovially walks over to her table. "Summer,” His low tone of voice said an excited manner. Though his demeanor was hinted with a bit of nosiness. “Don't you usually-..Uh...oh-.." She was doing that thing with her eyes-...that thing where she looks through her animals, at least, that's what he thinks. In curiosity, his head tilts to the side as he watches her eyes dart around like a bird's. In an attempt to be polite, he slowly slides into the empty seat across from her, his mass and size nearly crumpling the seat underneath him. He has no idea she's in another gang, and doesn't exactly plan to reveal the notion that he's joined one as well.

Upon her return, he'd be ready to offer her the rest of his drool-covered, over-sized peppermint stick, just to show there were no hard feelings for forgetting to bring his favorite food like she does every year.

Last edited:
Omar Ayad - Sapphire Dragons - Jack
Interactions: Coroner

Omar Ayad had parked his white van at an alley way near the Coroner office building. He looked around first to see if there were any parking meters or no parking sign posts. Satisfied that none are around or visible, he went to the back of the van. He first put the privacy screen up so that even if a person were to pass the front of the van, they would not be able to see all the way inside to the back of the van. He first opened the duffel bag and started to pull out his costume, war pick, micro fogger, orange mask, Jack-o'-lantern bucket, gloves and spare boots.

After all his equipment and tools were placed would he began to remove his black jacket and then neatly fold the jacket and place it on the side. He then began to wear the costume, a long sleeved shirt black shirt complete with a hood. He slowly fixes the buttons on the sleeves of the shirt before putting on the black gloves. He then placed the micro fogger into the Jack-o'-lantern bucket and positioned the micro fogger pointed upwards towards the opening of the bucket. He first places the hood down before putting his orange mask making sure that he can look out from the eye holes of the mask before placing the hood back up. He then opened the back doors of the van and makes his way out.

Using the war pick, he hooked the plastic handle of the bucket as if making an improvised lantern holder while holding it in his right hand. He first made sure he closed the back doors of the van before using the automatic lock on his keys to lock the van doors. He then made his way into the building. As he cautious look at the surroundings before making a mental note of the lack of security as he took the stairs to get to the floor where the coroner private office as slowly makes his way to the front door of the private office before turning on the micro fogger and allowing the device to create its fog. He waited until the fog was enough to cover him then he turned the handle of the door and slowly opened it up.

The coroner was fast at work not even noticing the door opening up as he was making his medical report of the dead gang member that was found within the boundaries of the East District but then the coroner noticed the fog like smoke at the bottom of desk then he saw the door open slowly and emit low audible creak before out from the smoke a strange person wearing a pumpkin like mask appears in front of him before the coroner could say anything this being speaks loud and clear while tilting its head to the right.

d323coc-1d300059-d9fb-43d7-a5d8-2c4bb6c522a1.jpg

Omar Ayad: " Beware beware Jack-o'-lantern is here. "

Coroner Conner then stuttered a bit as he replied back: " To..to..today isn't Halloween. "

The coroner eyes widen as he realized how stupid this sounds, all the while feeling his heart start to pound faster but then this Jack-o'-lantern spoke again.

Omar Ayad: " O dear cousin Krampus had a run in with a sled. Drop his sack of kids from the north and they ran out to play. O dear cousin Krampus trying to get the kids back into the sack and asked me to do him a solid. Take care of the east said dear old cousin Krampus. Thus I am here but rather than pain and punishment, I want to make a deal with you"

The coroner heart starts to beat faster and he thought for a moment, he saw that Jack-o'-lantern eye holes ignite with blue flames but more so he still cannot believe a freak walking talking like Jack-o'-lantern is in front of him and the more coroner stares at him the more his heart beat faster and louder. As the coroner tried to calm himself, he kept on replaying the Jack-o'-lantern speech in his mind and only one thing keeps repeating I want to make a deal with you.

The coroner let out a gulp before replying: “ A deal like the one with the devil? “

Omar Ayad: " Why would I Jack-o'-lantern do a deal like that old fool? When someone like me could fool him so many many times... It offends me that people have forgotten my legend but alas I am making a new legend as I no doubt think you have heard... Beware beware Jack-o'-lantern stalks the East district, dare to target the innocence of the East District brings the wrath of Jack-o'-lantern...as for the deal is simple I want you to help me "

Coroner Conner: " Help you? Why? "

Omar Ayad: " You have heard the tales of gang members dying right? Left and right they fall but in due time this little ember will grow and then the body count will start to grow. Thus from this becoming tragedy it becomes a statistic."

Coroner Conner: " You suspect this would escalate? If the gang members kill each other off then it would better for everyone. "

Omar Ayad: " Ahh that’s how you think. You might need a history lesson then.... ever heard of the motor cycle gangs oh what were they called.... for this case I shall call them the Heaven Devils and the Huns... They started a war with each other, the kind where as soon as one passes the other... bullets flies, knifes at the ready and grenades are plentiful...maybe tunnel vision in their view, they did not care if you were at a hospital or at the mall. The blood of many filled the streets and bodies here and there even those that did not have a hand in it. The only problem was that in war; everyone can be causality. My tale while I have forgotten their names still holds true... So help me stop the ember before it becomes a flame and to bring those naughty kids to Krampus."

Coroner Conner: " You want me to help you stop a possible gang war? You cannot be serious. I'm just a Coroner, you don't suspect me to fight or something? "

Omar Ayad: " I just need information that only you can provide. I need a copy of the forensic reports of the dead gang members. Its only that tiny bit."

Coroner Conner: " I only have reports from the East District, I don't handle the other districts. "

Omar Ayad: " Every piece of metal is necessary for victory in the world war. "

Coroner Conner: " I think I can do that. "

Coroner Conner would then finish up his forensic report of the current case of the dead Sapphire dragon before using the print option to print papers of the dead gang members in East District. They then waited for the printer to finish printing as Coroner Conner then hand them to Jack-o'-lantern but he didn't let go of them yet.

Coroner Conner: " Why are you doing this? It makes no sense to help the gangs. "

Omar Ayad: " I'm not doing this for the gangs. I'm doing this for dear old cousin Krampus. "

Coroner Conner would then let go before just shaking his head and thinking maybe Krampus, the Devil and most certainly Jack-o'-lantern are real and roaming around in the world maybe the tooth fairy and unicorns are around too. Omar Ayad would then make his way out of the office and down the stairs back to the lobby before stopping to stop the micro fogger in his Jack-o'-lantern bucket. He again looked around for security cameras before making his way back to his van. Omar then went to the back of the van and unlock the back doors as he went inside and closed the back doors behind him. Once safely inside his van would he pull the hood back and remove his orange mask.

Omar Ayad: " Sigh...that was exhausting....Time to go.

Omar Ayad would then make his way to the driver seat and the put his car key into the ignition and began to drive the van away from the alley way.

Katsura Kanna - Sapphire Dragons - Ace
Interactions/Mentions:
Erich Silva, August August, Nionet Sinblade

Kanna gave Nionet a reassuring smile and nodded at the Elder's words. Even though Kanna believe she would be fine on her own, she wasn't one to disobey her Elder's requests. Plus, having some company wouldn't be a bad thing.

"As you wish."

With that, Kanna got up from her chair and pushed it back in as Nionet returned to the papers she was reading earlier. She moved to the door, getting her jacket and hanging it around her arm. She took once last glance at Nionet before opening the door and stepped out the room.....

....only to be caught off guard by Erich Silva, the Vice Elder.

Kanna flinched at his sudden appearance, but quickly recovered and closed the door most of the way, leaving it ajar for them. She sighed as she recomposed herself, noticing that August was also in the hallway with Silva.

"Hello Erich, August."

She greeted the two men with a soft and friendly smile, then turned her gaze towards August.

"August, when you're done, meet me downstairs, please."

Kanna gave the pair a wave before walking off and down the stairs back to the first floor. She looked around the lobby area before finding an isolated area and took a spot that was off to the left. She sat down on the floor with her legs crossed, placing her jacket next to her. Taking a deep breath in, she closed her eyes and let her arms fall loose down her sides, falling into meditative state. Hopefully, Erich and August wouldn't take long with Nionet. Sunlight was scarce during the winter time.

I suppose we'll just visit the Central District for now.

Cracker Cracker Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean

Last edited:
Jaiden Wilson - Sable Serpents - Ace
Interactions: None

God damn winter...

Jaiden was bundled up in a winter jacket and dark jeans, his head sort of tucked into the collar of the jacket. His hands were in his jacket pockets, thumbing his knuckle dusters. Out of all the seasons, winter was the worst. But not like he could do anything about it.

As of now, Jaiden was just another person in the crowd. People were running about left, right and all around as the festivities were still ongoing. Though, Jaiden was just wandering around to see if anything interesting was going on. Though, the fact that gang members were going missing or found dead was bugging him a little bit. As far as he knew, the Elder of the Serpents didnt care much about what was happening. Jaiden felt the same way, to an extent. At the very least, he was curious as to what exactly was going on. Was it something more serious than they initially thought or was it just people being cheeky and killing for fun? Who knows.

Over and over, he kept debating whether or not he should start looking into things. As much as he tried to convince himself that it was whatever, he couldn't stop his doubt that he or someone he cared about would be the next target.

Jaiden began walking around the Central District, his head tilted down slightly as he continued to get lost in his own thoughts.

virgi-ella.regular.png

e3b7695823262adbd6935c513f60c6ee.jpg

Luna Luskire | Albino Tigers - Senior, Jack |Location: Rose (Central) District | Interacting/Mentioned: Nakazajo Chikage

Luna frowned as the Elder reminded her that the stores were closed.

Of course they are, it's a holiday, Luna! She thought to herself, disappointed. All that's going on right now has jumbled her thoughts, preventing her from thinking straight.

However, when the Elder failed to refuse her begging eyes and mentioned playing the festival games to win gifts, her face lit up with pure joy and delight. Smiling as big as she could, Luna bounced up and down, letting out a soft chuckle.

"Yay, you're so kind, Chikage~!" She said, tightly hugging his arm in a quick act to express her appreciation. She gladly followed him to where he gestured to all of the many activities.

"Do any of them particularly interest you?" Chikage asked.

"Hm..." She stroked her chin with her hand, considering each option and comparing them to one another.

They all seemed exciting, but one specific activity caught her eye. It was a large stand, decorated with Christmas-themed ornaments and objects, standing outside of a closed toy shop. They had set up the game to give away free gifts from their shop for the holiday, to which you must knock down every mini Santa that stood on the shelves behind the front counter in order to win the prize--a huge, red gift box, topped with a sparkly yellow bow. What was inside remained a secret.

There were three Santas on the third, bottom shelf. Based off of watching other people's attempts to win, those were the easiest to knock. On the second shelf stood two Santas, much harder to knock. Only the men and women of larger stature managed to knock the second-shelf Santas from their upright positions. Then, lastly, the one that has yet to be knocked was slightly bigger than the other Santas, standing firmly anchored upon the top shelf.

"There! That- I want to play that!" She declared enthusiastically, pointing ahead towards the stand, "I want the big present!" Her tone lowered as the dedication towards receiving it twirled inside her gut like a fiery tornado. The girl gazed in awe at its miraculous array and jogged to the front of the stand, expecting Chikage to follow her.

"Test your strength! See if you can knock Santa to win the big prize!" The guy behind the counter shouted for all to hear.

Luna waved at him eagerly, "Me! Me! I can do it!"

"Alright, you have six metal balls here, and one chance to knock each Santa! Knock em' all, get the prize!" He said with a goofy smile.

Luna pressed her hands down in balled fists in an attempt to crack her knuckles, but she failed to do so as only one knuckle popped, earning a small, monotonous "Ow," from the girl.

She took in a deep breath, grabbing a ball and steadily drawing it behind her. Her nerves were at max, as that gift was her top priority right now.

After a couple dramatic seconds of silence and preparation, She finally flung her frail arm forward and launched the ball with all of the power vested in her.

It was amazing, like a slow-motion action scene in a movie. The ball twirled towards the Santa with great speed, and then hit the wall behind it...

"Eh?" She froze and blinked a few times, lost in an endless replay of her failure.

Luna dropped the arm she had flung out to throw the ball and spun around to face Chikage, giving him a nervous chuckle, "Hah, never mind. That was embarrassing. No gifts for today." She spoke quickly and started to make her way back to where they came from.

Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean

Summer Reed - Ruby Revenant - Rookie
Interaction - First Rose First Rose (Pit)​

Summer gasped upon return to her own senses. She was no longer alone. There was a moment of true panic, she’d chosen somewhere public to avoid being attacked but that was no guarantee of safety during a time like this. It was rare for Summer to feel dwarfed, being 6’2 before heels and fairly athletic herself, but the person before her was one of the few who could elicit such a reaction. The panic that accompanied that feeling of smallness faded once she actually comprehended what - or who - she was looking at.

P-pit?” A pause, followed by a hearty laugh. “Ya scared the daylights outta me! Hope ya haven’ been waitin’ long, but damn if ya ain’t a sight for sore eyes.” The smile that lit her face then was the most genuine she’d felt in months, like an abandoned church that had once again received a worshipper. With his usual friendliness he offered her some drool-covered candy cane, which she politely declined. That wasn’t the food that was meant to be exchanged in this encounter and this wasn’t their usual place to chat. Guilt washed in. “Oh shit. Pit, buddy, ah’m sorry. No crackers this year. Ya probably noticed th- . . ..

Why the hesitation? Was this her heart catching at another former customer, former friend, she’d have to explain her closure to, another person to pity her and listen to the same old sob story? Or was this worse? Hesitation in case he asked where she worked now? Now that she was a gang member. A thug. A lowlife. “Ya probably noticed the stall ain’t up this year. After the tsunami, well, my shop ain’t no more. So no stall neither. But what about you? Throwing more crazy parties I bet.” She smiled again, a little less genuine, but still warm. Even paired it with a cheeky wink, as if those parties were some shared secret.

As glad as she was to see him, a small part of Summer dripped with trepidation. Her Elder was walking off with that stranger and it’d be rude to just look through her familiar mid-conversation. Don’ get offed Boss. We’re dancin’ on a tightrope as is.

Snake
[] Ruby Revenants - Senior []
[]Rose District => Near Coroner Private Office - Eastern District []
Interactions: Vahn Vahn (In front of Omar's Van)
1604103698755.png

Most of her morning had consisted of her sitting on the rooftop overlooking the festival below. The notorious senior member of the Ruby Revenant Gang, Snake, had in fact, perched herself upon the building's edge since the sun rose from its slumber. A gorgeous sight it was, no matter where you were, it was always beautiful to see. Then, of course, the streets began to fill with people; boisterous noise began to occupy the district,- and she-..

began to regret ever coming up here.

Pulling out a small container of cigarettes, she kissed her tooth in spite as she realized the single cubeb was the last one she had. The female crumpled the box in her palm after taking out the cig, and lit the smoke with a lighter before sliding it through her lips. Rising to a stand, she stood motionless for a second as she let the wind blow through her hair, enjoying the feeling as it blocked out the vexing noise from below.

Unfortunate, as this morning she had awoken to the news of her cohorts meeting their ends at the hand of an unknown figure. A disrespectful act it was; there was mutual respect between the Gangs; despite being rivals this was uncalled for. A finger rose to her chin as she began her walk along the rooftops, away from the busy central district. If she wasn't to act with haste, then there were sure to be finger pointed toward the Rubys, really, she wouldn't be surprised if some had already confronted the Revenants of such an ideal, or even the gang leader himself.

"Poor Jin.." She says to herself, though her tone marked no clear consolement. She was fighting herself to not confront a few "friends" among the other gangs. A few names had already set in her mind of possible suspects, however, her order was set in stone, no confrontations. A huff from her in annoyance as she thought it over, no one would even know if she paid a small visit to the North district for a little...chat....Literally, she was pretty decent in keeping her footprints clean. But, the idea could just as easily be, "Foolish.." Snake said beneath her breath, indeed, she was going to cause drama if she did such a thing, and she'd hate to- no actually, she could care less, more- ...she would prefer- good enough- the Revenants to deal with little drama as possible. She needed to find real answers, not go around searching for any print amidst freshly fallen snow.

Though suddenly her feet stopped as her attention is focused upon the mess of a crowd, her form seeming to lag in-tune to her actual body before just as quickly coming back in sync,. Snake's eyes narrowed, and she soon beheld no one older than Jin. What-...was he doing there? Avoidance of other gang members does not consist of going to a place where everyone is going to head to. To make things worse, he began to make conversation with those nuisance Albinos. One, who she had yet to see an abnormal ability from, by this point, she had only assumed he was hiding it from others. The female gave a scoff as she pried her eyes from the scene below, mentally making her final decision.

It had been a while since she had gone to the eastern part of the city, perhaps the rival of her deceased older brother had some answers for her. Malcom always seemed to have a knack for knowing way too much anyway.

-------​

"Lovely..." the sarcastic remark slid out of Snake's mouth as she trotted over the buildings of the busy eastern district streets. The many lights and sights of culture could make anyone smile, too bad she didn't look too deep into such a thing. She wasn't here for sightseeing; after following a pair of Dragons down an alley, she had overheard the news that Malcom was never seen again following Thursday night, and despite the minor setback, she had decided to visit his apartment. Surely his dead-ass wouldn't mind, "Lucky bastard got nabbed before I could even say goodbye..." Her near-silent voice covered in a hard foreign accent. With ease, she slid through his unlocked window. Malcom was in fact very lucky-..that he was nabbed before she could say "goodbye."

Snake made quick work of his room, looking for any possible reason that he of all people would be targeted, not like she cared, though, with little avail, all she managed to scavenge was old drugs, empty bottles of beer, bags of weed, stolen jewelry(By which some she pocketed) and other useless things. Her eyes narrowed as she attempted to clean the mess she'd conjured, nothing. Did he make a bad deal? Or was this truly just a random offing of the dragons...-she knew for a fact that the Revenants had no reason to do such a thing. Despite her feud with the guy, this was not the Ruby's work....unless there were some rogues. The female pulled out a small chest from underneath Malcom's bed as she thought over the concept, she'd have to speak with Jin over the matter, though she would like to look deeper into the other gangs before she started questioning her own. The sound of a whining chest echoed through the halls, a muffled sound of startlement then rose in consequence; her cover blown. "Hmph..." Was the only sound that came out of her as she snatched the small pile of saved cash from the chest, and quickly slid it back under the bed. With that, as soon as Malcom's door opened, the woman was gone, no such trace left of her as she made her escape.

Thankfully, it seemed no one had paid mind to her, of course no one did, this wasn't her first rodeo; and with a smoke in her, her flow was nearly unbreakable. A sky smirk crept over her face, a grin only a snake could conceive, as she threw up a few stolen pieces of jewelry, Malcom had good taste, she'd give him that. The fine trinkets would sell nicely, she wondered if Walker was into golden cuff links, were dads into that? A mental shrug, maybe she'd ask, he wasn't too terrible of a guy, could do without the jokes though. Lacking much-needed awareness, her feet touched down upon the streets of a dark alley by the time her mind finally focused on her final task. To get back to the district without being seen.

The abrupt sound of a starting car then sounded amidst the darkness, followed by the flash of lights. Well, there goes that task. To break off into a sprint would bring far too much attention than she needed, and due to the lights directly going into her eye sockets, she couldn't tell who exactly was in the driver seat. Raising a hand to strain from the sudden light of the approaching white van, she stepped aside in hopes that is was merely a worker doing his business. The female only but drew a calm breath as she composed herself, setting into the act of a girl minding her own in a dark alley, not suspicious at all; if this was a dragon, hopefully, they weren't too big in the know of her regular crimes done on the streets and knew nothing of her, perhaps-..just perhaps-..this could all go smoothly. Snake only but flashed a nod to the driver, hoping they'd pass by without a second thought.

Pit
[] Sapphire Dragons - Rookie []
[]Cafe - Rose District []
Interactions: jaelee jaelee [Talking to Summer]

1604118626398.png

Fortunately for Summer, Pit hadn't been waiting long at all, though the small brink of abrupt alarm caught him by surprise. His ears flattened slightly within the moment of silence, it seemed he may have scared her,- he...didn't mean to do it. Did he sit too close? Was his voice too loud? Though before anything more she began to let loose of relieved laugh; contagious, as the hound gave out a chuckle as well. It was good to see her, stall or no stall, he enjoyed her company, and to imply such, he had extended his half-eaten cane of peppermint. Maybe he should have checked it first, now that he thought about it, it was a little-wet. Sometimes he forgets that he may be the only person in the world who will eat practically anything, in any condition. Ah well, more for him, teeth once again then dug into the delicious candy as he listened to her speak of her store getting washed away.

"Oh...I am sorry to hear that, I will miss your stall, and I am sure other people will miss it too, HemHemh.." Pit replied, he had the laugh of the middle aged man, yet he was a child stuck in the form of a behemoth. When it came down to speaking about his business, and- partying. His demeanor saddened a bit, "Well-uh...I do not throw them like I used to. Money has gotten scarce after...I was-" His ears once again flattening in embarrassment, "let go by my last job...I've obtained a new one though." Pit then took another bite of his cane, his last in fact as he gobbled it down. Summer was knowledgeable of his duties as a nightguard for various museums, a job he's worked longer than she's even lived in Oasis. It was the only job that was willing to hire him. "Huumph... I guess there goes my only shots at the big leagues..." Having told her that he planned to network his way into law enforcement, though apparently, that dream had turned into nothing but shambles.

Then it came to him, Pit tilted his head to the side as he looked to the woman in query. "So, why are you here all alone Summer. It is Christmas, should you not be out having your fun?" Thereafter, he presumed to lick the sticky essence of peppermint candy off his hand.

Last edited:
Emelia Dawson.jpg

the-gallery.regular.png

Interacting: Carter Renshaw, (Boltius Beckman), (Matsuda Russo)
Wearing: Click - Turtleneck Sweater Dress, Knee-high Boots, Stockings, Purse

Emelia offers a firm nod to her partner's call of judgement--that they keep an eye on the Jack and Ace of the Ruby Revenants.

"Of course," she responds, "If they notice us, I guess it will be my first time taking on a famed member of the Revenants. Can't say I'm eager to test their skills, but for the sake of our name I will." All the while she speaks, her focus remains fixated on the two men of topic.

Even as she voices her own interpretation of the movie--The Godfather Part Two--her gaze holds steady.

"In more ways than some movies, yes, it offers wisdom. It teaches that things will never be the same through the loss of a great and charismatic leader- Or, that's what I took from it. My favorite lesson learned, however, was to never hate your enemies, as it affects one's judgement."

Finishing up, Emelia looks to Carter and smiles, holding onto the strap of her purse with both hands. "You should really watch it some time. Oh, but start with Part One!"

It is within that moment that she turns her head to study the two Revenants again, only to find herself locking eyes with those of the fiery "Dry Ice"--Boltius Beckman. Suddenly, her heart sinks into her stomach, and she quickly looks away with a soft, "Uh oh. I think they noticed us..."

Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed (mentioned)

Carter Renshaw
Satus Carter Renshaw | Albino Tigers Junior | Central Bazaar | Interactions: Emelia - Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean , Boltius, Matsuda (nearby) Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed
Carter listens with great interest while Emelia explains what she learned from the Godfather 2, nodding to show he's paying attention to each word she says. He's looking away from the two Revenants, but when he notices her gaze is still fixed onto them, he gives some glances back to the pair. After Emelia finishes giving her recommendation of the films, Carter starts to speak, "Sounds pretty smar-" his voice trails off when Emelia looks back from the Revenants.
Hearing what she said, you could see a subtle shift in Carter's expression, he grits his teeth a little. Instinctively, he looks around at them briefly before turning back to Emelia.

"The ginger? Do you think they'll try and attack us here when there are so many people around? Mind you, I wouldn't mind confronting them myself but it'll be hard to do that inconspicuously. Should we hit up Rocchi?"

He senses her worry, and adds to what he said,

"Whatever we do, I'm right beside you. If they lay a finger on you, I'll slice it off."

Nakazajo Chikage.jpg

angars-runes-personal-use-only.regular.png

Interacting: Luna Luskire
Wearing: Click - Thick Fur-lined Coat, Baggy Sweater-vest, White Undershirt, Denim Jeans, Leather Boots

With her sights so painfully, obviously set on the 'Down A Santa' game, Chikage's inner-hatred for arcade games whips about like a lion's mane in a head-banging contest.

As a child, controlling his Jinx was a difficult task. During his young penitentiary days, when the students were good, trips were often made to reward them. Many of these said trips were to the local arcade center, where eventually someone was hired who could erase people's Jinxes due to one certain individual constantly destroying the games.

That individual was Chikage.

He was always either resented by the strong during his Jinxless days, or feared by the weak after his abilities developed. The only friend whom which he had was a girl by the name of Grace before he ultimately got her killed. The massive burn-scars along his body remind him every day of that crime--so, to repent, he promised to never lay harm to another woman again.

As sincere and chivalrous of a pledge it was, it seems he lost himself in it over time and simply developed an unnatural favoritism for women against men.

With that being said, he's now willing to face his traumatic arcade-game experiences once again!

They approach the booth where a man donned in festive colors stands with his hands behind his back, smiling cheerfully at Luna.

"Test your strength! See if you can knock Santa to win the big prize!" he calls to the surrounding civilians. Chikage rolls his eyes, tucking his gloved hands away into the pockets of his warm coat. He wonders if people actually take pleasure in winning these things, as if they measure a person's worth. All it takes is good aim and even force behind a throw and-

"Hah, never mind. That was embarrassing. No gifts for today." Suddenly, Luna is turning away from the booth in a moment of defeat, leaving Chikage confused and stirred.

"Wha- Uh- What's the matter? You tried only once?" He follows her away from the game, trying to understand. "It's- It's... It's only a festival activity, dear. In no way does it determine your value." He says this, then glances back at the 'Down A Santa' to see if their spot has been taken. It hasn't--and so he gently grasps hold of the girl's hand and shows her a tender smile while leading her back to the booth.

Once there, Chikage pops his neck side-to-side and removes the glove of his right hand to prevent it from hindering his throw. The man hosting the booth immediately notices Chikage's mangled skin, but he doesn't react and casually looks away--all the while maintaining professionalism.

"Here you are," he hands Chikage the same metal ball that Luna had thrown.

Tossing it up, catching it, then feeling it out, Chikage locks eyes with the Santa centered above all of the others. He readies his aim, taking a well-balanced stance, and motions to throw the ball until the host hits him with a sharp, "Don't miss!" that brings the Elder to an abrupt halt in the position of a baseball pitcher about to pitch.

Some people laugh as they watch, but not a hint of a grin shows itself on Chikage's face. Rather, he looks upon the host with disdain, readying himself for a second try.

He motions to throw the ball, hard-focused on that mocking Santa.

"Don't miss!" the host calls, this time louder than the last, and Chikage drops the ball, flinching at the sound of metal against concrete.

This motherfucker... He seethes inwardly, then seethes outwardly for an extended amount of time.

Bending over to pick up the ball at this point feels like an awful task. Inside of him, something boils. No longer does he want to hit the Santa--but the host, instead. Of course, he won't do that with Luna standing around. No. He can control his anger.

And so, he'll hit that Santa. He'll win that prize. Then he'll walk away with his dignity still intact.

Readying himself for the third time, Chikage is positioned to throw the ball. He meets eyes with the grinning host for a brief moment, then lurches forward, but before the ball is released from his hand, the host opens his mouth to say the all-too-familiar phrase that the Elder never thought he would hate so much.

"Don't miss-" the voice is drowned out by Chikage, who emits a growling battle cry from his lungs as he releases the ball from the very tip of his finger with enough strength behind the throw that the Santa in perspective bursts into a thousand wooden shards upon contact.

The metal ball proceeds through the striped tarp of the booth, then shatters through the glass doors of the toy store beyond it.

People scream, run away, and take cover from the bits of glass and wood being strewn about. Meanwhile, Chikage stands with his legs wide, knees bent, and one arm dangling in front of him as he huffs and gasps in a fit of annoyance and rage. Angry, red eyes lock with those of the frightened host.

Chikage mutters just loud enough to be heard, "Give the lady the prize." He points over his shoulder at Luna. "I'll pay for the repairs."

After this, he simply walks away with his hands in his pockets--and the host abides by his command, setting the prize box on the counter for her to take.

Cracker Cracker

Users who are viewing this thread

Back