• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
JESPER ALBRECHT
SCENE:
Securing the Future
East District, Tech Expo, Private Meeting Room
PARTICIPANTS:
Jesper, Amari, Sophie, Kasumi, "Jane"
Securing the Future
A little earlier...

URGENT!!! REGROUP AT MURDER SCENE ASAP!! WE KNOW THE KILLER

Jane showed the text to the other woman, her blank stare contrasting with the other's decomposing stature. "It's as I said; they're on your tail. The Dragons caught a scent of their missing treasure." Jane flicked the phone off, stuffing it into her coat. "And they want. It. Back."

"It can't be... They shouldn't have found out so quickly! How—how did they..."

"This would not have happened if you did not resort to murder—like we originally agreed upon."

She scoffed. "That woman would never have relinquished the USB! Lars trusted her with his life!"

"And your ultimate solution was to take hers?"
Ariadne's breathing hastened as panic took over her countenance. Things weren't supposed to happen this fast; all her plans... "Now, now, calm down, Ms. Nicolaides. I can get you out of this."

She looked to Jane with eager eyes.

Only, Jane wiggled her finger, as if to say 'Nuh uh, uh.' "The flash drive, first."

The eagerness did not last long. Ariadne clenched her fists. "No way... I told you what I wanted in exchange, didn't I? This—"

"And now I told you what I want in exchange. So what will it be?"

The killer bit her lip, weighing her options. There was no way her escape would get here in time, and with Guardian at every corner... there really was no other option. "You better keep your word, Carrion..."

All the Dragons on scene were recalled back to the murder scene. At this point, the body was hidden away for later collection, and the mess was already being swiftly taken care of. Now, the private meeting room was finally being used for its actual purpose. Jesper, having been first to receive the news, sighed relief at how fast the investigation was concluded—even if he and the others were not the ones to handle it.

"Our perp is Ariadne Nicolaides," Roy proudly declared. "I'm not going to act like I had a major hand to play in the investigation, so I'll let our rookie take over." At his side, a tall woman of red hair approached. Her movement, slow and fluid, exuded an air of confidence. "This is Jane Sherman. Mrs. Albrecht requested she be here, and lo and behold, she uncovered the truth."

"Thank you, Mr. Callison. I was only doing my job."
She sat herself briskly at the table, crossing a leg as she spoke. In her gloved hand, she raised an empty vial; the Dragons would recognize it as one of Ariadne's poison vials she'd brought. "I found this thrown in the corner of the eastward main showroom. Knowing what was said in the group chat, I knew this was the third, missing vial of Ariadne's. When I visited the venue's security room on the pretense of questioning them, I reviewed the remaining footage and saw that the only suspect to linger in that specific area for a time was our dear Ariadne."

Jesper let out a drawn sigh, resting his chin on the cold table. "You make it sound so simple..."

Jane merely laughed. A loud, haughty laugh. "Not at all, Mr. Albrecht! I can assure you I've done a lot more than just that."

He took her word for it—if his mother wanted her here, this was likely why. Though he wished she'd told him about Jane sooner. That would have spared the stress... "So now that we know it's Ariadne, all that's left is apprehending her. Should be fairly straightforward, considering she's an NP." Jesper looked to the other Dragons at his side. "Do you guys have anything to say?" If not, they'd be off soon enough to nab the killer.

@angel doe azenva azenva FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

Ashley Hart & Inigo Han
SCENE:
Phoenixes Arc 3: Scene 2 [Tactical Mayhem]
PARTICIPANTS:
Ashley, Boltius, Callista, Dyne, Eric, Gideon, Inigo, Tatsuya
TACTICAL MAYHEM
The quiet tension collapsed along with the third floor, and chaos followed immediately after. The field was cluttered by dust and debris, as well as several new actors engaged in their own skirmishes. There were too many bodies and too many sounds. It was a flood of information that had to be processed within the few seconds Ashley bought himself.

He picked out the faces and voices, separating them by whether they were a friend or a foe. After seeing the well-dressed woman restrain the long-haired officer he previously fought, he tentatively labeled her as an ally. As far as he could tell, that put the odds in his side's favor. For now, at least.

Now that Boltius was around, seemingly unobstructed by enemies or his surroundings, Ashley wordlessly decided he would leave Roza in the Ace's care. With the hostage situation settled, that meant he was finally free of his restraints. He didn't have to hold back for anyone else's sake.

He zoned in on the horned sergeant and cut everything else out. When the man in his view finally charged in, he used that as his signal to shift gears and fully immersed himself in conflict. Once again, it was just him and his opponent.

He kicked a chunk of the fallen ceiling, launching the wall-sized remnant at the rushing officer. After it zoomed ahead, he quickly retrieved his baton and extended it to its full length. Then he focused his strength into his legs and followed after the large, speeding bullet.

The projectile acted as a barrier, shielding him from view as he tried to catch up. When he finally closed the distance, he swung his weapon, smashing the polished concrete.

From behind the launched projectile, the officer swung his crystal weapons as well, almost in sync with his opponent, even if he was unaware of the fact. His crystal mace smashed through the rock, just as Ashley’s own did so. Their collective efforts forced their target to burst into a shower of sharp stone. Ashley followed through, withdrawing, and trying to strike at the enemy on the receiving end of the volley.

The officer danced away, pirouetting gracefully for someone armed with what amounted to a sharp chunk of crystals and a fistful of the same said crystals, ignoring the shards of rock that sliced through his clothes and scratched his exposed face. He planted his foot down to balance himself. He brought his sword back, then sprang forwards again, lunging straight at Ashley.

Determined not to get caught in the same repetitive dance from his previous fight, Ashley stood his ground. Taking a defensive stance, he raised his arm and baton as he braced himself for Inigo's attack. He wasn't going to dodge, but he didn't plan on being a sandbag either. He stayed in place with purpose, intending to absorb as much damage as he could while searching for an opening to counter.

The officer swung his blade upwards, connecting his sword with the baton. The blade arced over his head, and collided with the floor, the sheer weight of it carving a divot across the deck. Eyes aglow with nothing short of pure hatred, his lips set in a grim line, his other arm shot forwards, sending a punch straight at Ashley’s head

In response to the incoming blow, the Phoenix took a step. Rather than try to distance himself from the fuming officer's glimmering fist, he came closer, trying to bridge the tiny gap between them. As he forced his way forward, he moved his head to the side, and he felt the sharp pain of razor-like rocks cutting into his temple. Blood flowed from the gash, wetting his dark hair and mixing with the crimson patches.

His goal was to minimize the damage, not avoid it completely, but that didn't mean the blows he took were any less painful. But it was only pain. He was fully committed to ending this fight as quickly as possible, so he could endure the discomfort. Especially when each risk came with equal reward.

As the pain flared, so did the glow in his eyes. His fiery gaze settled on the cop's injured side, and he continued to push in, ignoring the crystals that continued to slice his flesh. He clenched his fist and launched it with the speed and power of a rocket, aiming to bury his whitening knuckles in the blood-soaked wound.

His efforts were not in vain, the blow connected, and at once, the officer’s expression shifted, twisting in acute agony. His teeth clenched, as if he was holding in the blood gathering in his mouth.

He was not going to go down like a dirty dog. The crystals on his bludgeoning arm cracked, as his fingers shifted in position, and took hold of Ashley’s head in a vice grip, reared his own back, and then slammed his forehead straight into Ashley's face.

The impact reverberated, ringing in his ears as his brain knocked against his skull. The rest of his body arched back with his head, but he kept himself from tumbling by opening his fist and clinging to Inigo. His nails dug into the wound, trying to apply the same pressure he was currently receiving. To his credit, the officer did not budge, grinding his teeth in an attempt to suppress the pain, and only pressed his fingers into Ashley's head.

As both of them squeezed, Ashley raised his baton. He did not do so with the intention to swing, only tilting the tip toward the officer's scowling face. He had something else in mind, something he usually wasn't fond of doing. Ordinarily, he found it to be cheap, going against his idea of what a fight should be. However, this wasn't a friendly sparring match. He had to use everything that was available to him. Besides, the cops were the first ones to play dirty, taking hostages and threatening to kill people who were no longer threats.

Craning his neck, Ashley looked into the other man's hate-filled eyes, clenching his teeth as he endured the painful grip. With blurry vision, he returned the same look before letting venom-soaked words slip through his bloody lips. "Fuck you."

In response to the triggering phrase, a raging inferno shot out from the baton. Even though he wasn't the intended target, Ash could feel the burn from the intense heat. Suzu's products didn't always work well, but the flames licking his skin were enough proof that this one was a success.

The effects were incredibly potent. With a pained howl, Inigo released his grip from Ash. He stumbled backwards, wreathed in the flames, his weapons swinging wildly around him in a vain attempt to at least catch his opponent. His sword gouged into the ground beneath him and the walls around, leaving scars in the masonry.

Shrill bells rang throughout the building. With a snap, the remaining sprinklers that hadn't been damaged by their descent kicked in, showering the two with a flood of water. The flames slowly dissipated from Inigo, leaving him a smoking, battered husk, his clothes ragged, torn and burned, his breathing heavy and loud even with the bells and the torrent of water pouring on them.

Yet the flames in his eyes remained, still. A never-ending void of hate towards criminals burned even more brilliantly than before. With a roar of defiance, against all the odds, he pulled himself together, the crystals on his fist reshaping, realigning, and snaked up on the rest of his arm. He stepped back slowly, his form dissipated into the steam and smoke rising from his own body.

A moment of silence, before the mist shifted, bursting open as the Sergeant leapt forwards, his teeth bared in a snarl. He drove his fist straight forwards, slamming his crystal fist into Ashley's face.

A ruby glow reflected off the sharp crystals as Ashley's eyes responded to the sensation of dagger-like protrusions tearing into his skin. They poked through his mask and cheek, causing several trails of blood to flow from the newly created piercings in face. He wobbled, struggling to keep his balance as the force behind the policeman's punch threatened to slide him across the slick floor.

Dazed and wounded, he managed to resist the push by burying his feet in the ground, creating a crater beneath the pair. He then made his counterattack, striking Inigo with the same maneuver. With no diamond-like scales covering his arms, he relied on brute strength as he buried his fist into the officer's face.

He felt the satisfying connection of bone on bone, but he didn't stop. He kept pushing, aiming downward as he dug his fist as deep as it would go. Even as both men fell to the floor, he refused to break contact.

Then the ground shattered, becoming a small pit as a body was forcibly sent below. This time, it was only one man. Ashley remained beside the new hole that led down to the first floor, breathing heavily as a thick cloud of dust surrounded him.

Swallowing, he picked himself up, giving the debris one last glance before silently moving across the room to grab Roza. The cop was tough, reminding him of another long-haired man he enjoyed trading blows with. However, the usual feeling of satisfaction that followed a good fight wasn't there. There were just the lingering embers of anger. But that wasn't important. Right now, the unconscious Phoenix's safety was the only thing on his mind.

Last edited:
Kazue Kaneko
SCENE:
Dragons Arc 3, Scene 3 [Ripples of Stardust]
PARTICIPANTS:
Hifumi, Hiram, Kazue, Ottilie
Ripples of Stardust

A self-preservation response from a guy who had both a verbally expressed a wish for death and a cyanide pill between the teeth?

Kazue crouched next to the man, meeting his awakening stare with sunglasses still on, blank. His shove was like a wave breaking against stone, so slight it didn’t even give cause for a monotone remark. She continued to wait next to the man, looking for more signs of life.

Working lungs. A good sign. Unfortunately for him, he would be recovering regardless of how he felt about it. And he felt quite strongly. His spittle foamed up, a symptom of cyanide poisoning, self-inflicted. He had begun a new speech, and seemed to dislike the concept of continuing to live. Kazue stayed silent, observing his struggle for death as though she was watching nothing at all.

One of the children, Ottilie, had joined her next to their captive, and was being empathetic—ah. As the other girl got into the meat of her speech, Kazue’s neutral face broke beneath her sunglasses. Her eyebrows furrowed and her mouth dropped open, then she pursed her lips.

Wasn’t the point of the cyanide to get him to die anyways? Kazue wasn’t the college student here—she only had a few years at med school under her belt—but something didn’t add up.

The future is in the hands of some brilliant minds.

Wait, are they teaching Ayame this stuff over there?

She stood up and walked away from the hostage. The tasks before had been automatic, but now the gears in her head began to move. If Ottilie’s plan of threatening to kill the death seeker fell through, how else would they break his resolve?

A speech of her own started to come together as she began pacing, still not speaking a word—barring the occasional whisper of her mental draft a touch louder than the rest. Kazue’s walk moved her closer to the men who’s names both began with “Hi”, but she was so lost in thought that Hiram’s question, and likely any further conversation between the two, didn’t register.

SCENE:
New Oasis Arc 3: Scene 2 [The Dragon and the Phoenix]
PARTICIPANTS:
Isaiah , Kanna FabulousTrash FabulousTrash , Maho @The Suspicious Eye , Meirin , Rin @EmperorsChosen , Shen/ Dragons Elenion Aura Elenion Aura , Kaede , Vulken @Nobody Special , Yong-Yut .

The Dragon and the Phoenix

Helva heard a voice, the voice of the Dragons Jack, calling out to rally the Dragons to them, Helva couldn't help but scoff and had shadows rise up to in order to impale or prevent the Dragons she was fighting moments ago from rallying towards the voice. Her focus was put onto the two targets of hers, and Vulken who still had her nabbed by the collar of her shirt, she was growing more frustrated with him by the second. Dragons were getting away thanks to him, more enemies that could of been taken down today, but are escaping to fight and kill more of her comrades at a later date, all thanks to the man standing front of her, Vulken. Helva was sweating up a storm and she was even more, and was growing more agitated with each second of being near him, with the combination of Vulken getting in the way of her hunting their prey, the unreasonable amount of heat she was dealing with from being near him and with the final nail in the coffin being him actively refusing to choose either of the options Helva gave to him.

Helva gave out a low growl, as a fire started on the wooden stakes, and the spears she had equipped on her, Helva reactivated her shadow armor, to the point where only her head wasn't covered, to minimize the damage to herself. Still it hurt, and she was pissed, Helva could see Vulken perfectly, he seemed calmed and annoyed, but Helva was furious at the moment, and her rage only grew when he began to mention their family getting hurt. His serious expression wasn't lost on her, though Helva was just as serious as him, if not more so, but this was a battle that they were winning, the Dragons were in full retreat, and were forced leave some of their comrades behind, either due to the Dragons being unconscious, too injured to moved or were just prevented by the Phoenixs. Stopping now would tactically be the dumbest move that anyone could make, but Vulken wasn't really the smartest cookie, plus her was the one who couldn't see a thing, not her.

Helva was just about ready to tell Skadi to kill the dark orbs and call Vulken a traitor, just for purposing such a ridiculous suggestion, it would of been too easy with the position they were in. Vulken actively hurting her in the middle of a battle, and a whole lot of Phoenixs for witnesses, Vulken would of been forced to either surrender or fight and die, and as of right now, she was considering Vulken to be a lost cause someone who was likely converted to the side Dragons, a risk to the Phoenixs and Lyric. Someone worthy nothing but her FURY & HATE But luckily for Vulken his last words made Helva hesitate for a moment. Tears streamed down her eyes or at least what she thought may of been tears, it was getting hard to distinguish between which with how much she was sweating. But those final words, gave Helva a bit of hope that Vulken perhaps wasn't a lost cause, still though, she didn't consider his idea to throw away this battle in order to team up with the few remaining Dragons there to be in the Phoenixs best interest, and refused to go along with Vulkens idea.

With a sigh Helva focused her full attention towards Vulken and away from the two Dragons who she had the Shadows rise to fight against before giving Vulken a annoyed look. "You are really testing me aren't you? I liked you better back in the old days, the days where i could actually look up to you as someone who i respected." Helva sneered as she said the last part "But now, you've grown soft and have become even more of a idiot than you use to be, you know if i wanted to, i could have Night Witch return your dam lights to you, but if only you could see the position we are in right now, hurting a fellow Phoenix right in the middle of a battlefield, i could easily brand you a traitor just by screaming it out loud, and have a dozen Phoenix witnesses to back me up. We were winning this battle, the Dragons are on the retreat, and we could of finished them off completely making this a crushing victory and making it so that there would be less dragons out there to harm our brothers and sisters at a later date! You have a Dragon friend and lover as well, it really wouldn't have looked good on you now would it?" There was Venom in her voice as she made the threat, but it was clear that she didn't have any intention of doing that, considering she told Vulken about it instead of just enacting her plan. "I plan to support Lyric till my very last breath, if she is fighting the Dragons, i fight the Dragons, and i'll do it to my last dying breath, I lost too many people that I care about to allow anything less than a victory, and i refuse to allow the Dragons to get away unscathed from this engagement, and i refuse to allow any of my fellow Phoenixs to die in vain. Now, if your not going to be of any help, then just stay out of my way, and go back down south, and i'll be sure to tell Lyric about what you did after our victory, but if you do decide to get in our way, consider yourself a traitor." With that said, Helva aimed her right leg to kick Vulken between his legs, as hard as she could, before using her other leg to push off of Vulken forcing her to fall to the ground, landing with a roll into a crouch position, but still dripped in sweat. Helva took off the wooden burning stake and threw it towards the monkey like Dragon boy she prevented from escaping. Before throwing her two burning spears to the ground, and allowing her Shadow Armor to recede, before giving Skadi the order, "Night Witch, Nightbreak." with that said, all the orbs of darkness in the area turned off, giving everyone the ability to see again. Well everyones except Helvas whose vision had gotten a bit diminished, but she was able to operate well enough anyways, seeing decently enough, but her thoughts had gotten interruptped by Hiyma as a internal conversation went between the two of them.

A bit harsh don't you think? Shut up Hiyma, not in the mood. Seems pretty illogical to me, could be a trap, not that you would care with how hardheaded you are. Yeah, but either way, this is our victory. "Phoenixs! I want some of you to focus on finishing off the rest of the Dragons, some of you focus on attending to our wounded, and some of you focus on getting a dam Vehicle." If the Dragon Rookies Helva fought were still alive after their attacks, they would soon be killed by the many other still fighting enabled Phoenixs, especially now that all the other abled body Dragons are gone. But Helvas focus wasn't on them, it was on the Jack of the Dragons at the far end of the field as if waiting or was attempting to make a stand to hold them off, likely a attempt to sacrifice herself to buy time for her fellow dragons to escape, or perhaps she thought she could handle all the Phoenixes alone, bold and stupid. Helva was still dripping with a lot of sweat, as being near Vulken for so long with him being that hot was a bit exhausting, but she was being carried by both, a whole lot caffeine and rage. With the Jack making their return, Helva wanted to kill or capture them as well, and charged towards Kanna with determination clear in her eyes, "Night Witch, Arm me! HIGH LOW." the simple command made Skadi run up to join Helva throwing a spear towards them for them to catch, and attack Kanna with "You should of left with your other Lizards Jack." As Helva charged the Jack with her spear, her sponseree Skadi aimed a stake over her anticipating the fact that Kanna may use her potential to jump high in order to avoid Helvas attack.

Last edited:
Jennifer Weber
SCENE:
Heist
PARTICIPANTS:
Camila, Jennifer, Maria, Ryutaro, Samira, Sylvie
Heist

Entering the armoury Jennifer was quick to pick up on the illegal arms stockpiled within. Graadian firearms, strong, durable, reliable and very easily modified. The KA line of weaponry being the crown jewels. Moving to inspect the weapon rack Jenifer was quick to inspect the serial numbers as well as the weapons themselves. Though when Cal pitched in she was quick to respond "The serial numbers have been chemically eroded, running them is going to be a pain. If they truly did come from 'that bloc' I'll see to the issue myself once we're finished here. I'll have the lab run reconstruction and deep scans back at the factory. You needn't concern yourself with this and by that I mean, do not.".

Grabbing a couple of rifles Jennifer was quick to disassemble one, ditching the stock and extended barrel. With a much shorter rifle more akin to a smg now, Jennifer was quick to store it in her bag alongside the untampered rifle. Grabbing ten thirty-round magazines and dumping them too into her bag she finally retrieved an assortment of hand grenades, five tear gas and five fragmentation. With all the weaponry gathered now in her bag, Jennifer reloaded her shotgun from the ammo present and slung it over her shoulder.

Leaving the room Jennifer arrived at the vault noticeably later than most of the others and once inside she spent little time gathering items of worth, with her bag full of weaponry how could she. But then again, Jennifer wasn't looking to make a quick buck and from what she could tell more than enough was being taken to disguise the intent of the robbery. "We should get moving, we have what we came for. The police are the least of our concerns if these weapons are here in such abundance".

Readying her pistol Jennifer slipped a new magazine into her .50 cal as she spoke. Moving back toward the vault door and the bay itself "I'll go keep watch".

@Beann joshuadim joshuadim @Roda the Red WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten @Shoya

SYLVIE SLEZÁK
SCENE:
Tigers Arc 3: Scene 2 [The Heist]
PARTICIPANTS:
Camila, Jennifer, Maria, Ryutaro, Samira, Sylvie
THE HEIST

Sylvie kept his head up as he tried not to pay attention to the gore in the security hub though he couldn’t help but feel queasy anyway. He had little use for the armoury anyway and only followed his allies in to not get separated. Just the gun he had entered with was intimidating enough, though it prompted him to make a mental note to get more shooting practice if he could bear it. He was lucky to be surrounded by more experienced combatants today, but he wasn’t always going to be so lucky. For now, having the extra space was more important.

He was more than eager to get moving to the big prize, and away from the stench of blood and entrails, but even he wasn’t ready for the sight awaiting him when he stepped through the vault entrance. His stomach churned, but not just from the felled bodies. He was choked up with emotion, both negative and positive. He was terrified at this moment which felt more like a fever dream, but at the same time, he felt giddy with excitement. This was it. He took a few tentative steps inside, careful that the floor wouldn’t crumble beneath his feet and the facade would shatter before him.

But it was all real.

While the man in charge had already gone to find the target box, Sylvie was drawn to the exposed gold in the centre of the room. He thought about asking permission before taking action, but instead, he went straight for it. He felt one bar in his hand for a moment, before placing it in his bag. The rest of the pile followed it. He then looked around at the boxes around him, wondering where to begin with them — and how.

HIFUMI BAE
SCENE:
Azure Dragons Arc 3: Scene 3 [Ripples of Stardust]
PARTICIPANTS:
Hiram, Kazue, Ottilie, Omar, Mirza
RIPPLES OF STARDUST
Zhànzhēng Resort | Outside​

“A slow, and painful death is the reality of all who live in this district.” The man coughed. “The only thing holding back injustice is the unity of soul—that’s what you people lack.”

His eyes turned skyward, away from the group, and his arms fell still to each side. Not a single further utterance graced his quivering lips or the ears of those present. There was only the continued loud chattering of the bustling bodies just walls away, and the ever persistent howling of the jittery fox. If the air could speak it would declare its discomfort, but the voice that rang out was one of their own.

“Besides the explosives?” Hifumi’s hand perched across his chin. “I have heard passing remarks from the staff of a certain rouser scheduled to make an appearance in the main venue.”

“I am unsure of their affiliation…”

His voice trailed off, and a furrowed gaze took its place.

“Perhaps we have placed too much attention on our close-lipped friend here.” He pointed to a now vacant spot. “It would appear the staff woman has taken her leave.”
NAVIGATE

Last edited:
GM POST
SCENE:
New Oasis Arc 3: Scene 2 [The Dragon and the Phoenix]
PARTICIPANTS:
Helva, Isaiah, Kanna, Kaede, Maho, Meirin, Rin, Shen, Vulken, Yong-Yut
THE DRAGON AND THE PHOENIX
Dragon Rookies and Veterans alike were sent hurtling this way and that as Rin carved a brawler's path through the battlefield, with the sudden explosion of black miasma—courtesy of one of Rin's fellow Phoenixes—only serving to slow her down. Eventually, with the help of a wall the Phoenix Rookie had quite literally run into, Rin was able to peek her head out of the cloud of darkness... And in the nick of time, too, as in doing so, she was able to not only catch a glimpse of the Kings—Dragon and Phoenix—jet off through the air toward ports unknown, but also the sight of the Phoenix Jack plummeting through the wall of an adjacent building.

With a start, Alex opened his eyes and panicked only slightly when he found that he could not move. Like a wave, the events of the last few moments before he'd lost consciousness flooded into his mind. The memories made him struggle harder to free himself from his bonds, though it was slow-going.

As the hole in the wall of luckily-unoccupied apartment building sudden filled with a large, looming silhouette, Alex's heartbeat quickened, pumping him full of adrenaline, unsure if this were friend or foe. But as soon as the Rookie came more into view, his fears abated.

bVIWQAB.png
"Yeap, I'm alive," Alex groaned a groan that became a grunt as he continued to struggle against the confines of his bonds, the remains of a telephone pole that had become his literal screaming metal deathtrap.

Luckily, Rin was the helpful sort. Apparently. Alex didn't need to ask for her to give him a hand disentangling him. Together, Rin and Alex prized the twisted metal—remains of what had once been a street pole—off of him. "So it'd seem," Alex mused about Rin's mention of the steel-wielding King as the rest of the metal came free. Quick as a cat, the Jack hopped to his feet. With nary a moment's hesitation, Alex launched into a few stretches. He had to limber up in preparation for what was to come.

"The Kings went that way?" Alex asked and nodded his head toward the outside world as a viscous iridescent fluid formed a platform before his feet. He knew where he was going, and with a moment's consideration, knew that he wasn't going alone. Alex hopped on as the slab solidified beneath his feet, hovering a few feet off the ground.

He held a hand out for Rin to join him. "You comin'?"

Whether she accepted or not, Alex and his magic carpet zoomed out of the ruined apartment and soared down the street in the direction of the Kings.

Even so, despite the curtain of night that had descended, the battle raged and the screams of the combatants congealed into a cacophonous din... That is, until another voice breached the wall of sound, piercing the ear of every Dragon and Phoenix within range.

For the moment, the fires of conflict cooled, as another inferno raged.

0LPKv70.png
8NBP9Zl.png
"Oh!" Ra retreated from the licking of the superheated furnace that snaked a path separating him and his fellow Dragons from Helva and her brood. From within the gloom, another voice chimed in, chipper in defiance of the dramatics going on around him. "Heh, did somebody turn up the heat?" The joked passed his lips easily, though he didn't hear any laughs. Not that he needed any. Easy come, easy go. Hou was fine to put the fighting on pause. Especially if it meant he got to watch the show that followed!.. Not that he could exactly see it all play out. But oh boy, could he imagine it.

Elsewhere, there was a sound like a giantess' voice echoing through the air, some thought. Others would've sworn they'd heard the blare of a car's horn piercing the gloom. Though, it was hard to tell amidst all the confusion.

The Dragon Jack was not confused, however. She was mighty, proving moreover the worth of her skill, and the right to the title she claimed. The Dragons she had rescued from the shadowlands did as she bid them and beat a retreat to the East, even if some doubted... Were they really admitting defeat here? Were they really going to abandon their comrades, their King?

Within the shadowfield, the Phoenixes and Dragons that remained were waiting. The Phoenixes were wondering which hard-headed Veteran would win the battle of wills. The Dragons, who could say what was on their minds? Escape, perhaps. It was hard to tell what was right and wrong in all that dark. Until there was light.

All at once the battlefield was bathed in it, the golden glow of an afternoon sun. Suddenly, everybody could see everybody else. Suddenly, everything was happening everywhere all at the same time.

A flaming, flying spear gouged one Dragon deep in the shoulder, eliciting a yelp of pain and surprise as another Dragon rushed to cover him, erecting a wall of liquid gold. Now that everyone could see, everyone noticed the obvious fact: the Kings were gone.

It was then that the blowhards, the Helvas of both gangs, made their choice, for one reason or another. What was worth more, fighting for one's King? Or rushing to their aid? The Phoenixes, now the larger force on the field, made the choice first, as a contingent of Rookies and Veterans alike broke from the battle and began to speed off in the direction that the lone car had went, picking up the trail left by the departed Kings before it had gone cold.

The Dragons, for the most part, yielded to Kanna's directive. Even though that didn't sit well with one soul. Clutching his bloodied upper arm while Ra covered him, Hou called out to the remaining Dragons in a loud voice, saying, "The Phoenixes are going after the Kings! Follow 'em!"

It seemed this battle was destined to spill out over the whole district.

Meanwhile, Lyric broke out of Shen's grasp mid-flight, tumbling to the pavement below. Kicking her legs beneath her, the Phoenix King cracked the asphalt with the force of her landing before brandishing her warhammer in preparation of the next part of their battle to commence.

2jMn8uA.png
They had traveled far enough now that the origin of their duel was far out of view. And the presence of a lone car cresting the horizon had not entered into either of their single-track minds.

Shen hovered near to his rival; unclasping one arm from behind his back he extended it toward a car parked on the side of the city street. The man in the driver's seat had barely enough time to scramble out of the door before the vehicle crumpled like tissue-paper, as though crushed beneath an invisible giant's grip.

I2Z5F16.png
Shen flicked his wrist and sent the hunk of ruined metal hurtling toward Lyric, who batted it away with the head of her mallet like a professional baseball player might a flaming fastball, sending it skidding down the road before her, as cars swerved to and fro to avoid it.

In the same breath, the street below Lyric's feet began to quiver and crack as Shen drew up metal buried beneath; like a swarm of coiling snakes they entangled the Phoenix King from her feet to her shoulders. Squeezing the warhammer from her grasp—the weapon fell to the ruined pavement below with a mighty clatter—the steel beams groaned and creaked as their quarry fought against their grip. Wherever her strength warped the metal, threatening its integrity, Shen placed his will, mending it. And so, with a wave of his hand, Shen bid the Phoenix King to rise against her own accord, even as the steel wrappings constricted.

Last edited:
Ottilie James
SCENE:
Dragons Arc 3: Scene 3 [Ripples of Stardust]
PARTICIPANTS:
Hifumi, Hiram, Kazue, Omar, Ottilie
Ripples of Stardust
"You know, for a someone who's so keen on ending his existence, you sure do have a lot to say." Ottilie always thought the biggest flaw of the human condition were their emotions. It had a tendency to hinder rational decision making and made things far more complicated than they should be. The man before her was a prime example of this. Had he put his vendetta aside, he might have realized far earlier that trying to blow up an enitre resort was not a very sound plan. Even if it had gone off without a hitch, they would have inevitably made themselves amongst the same people they sought to help.

With a wave of her fingers she severed the ties of her potentiality to the man's beating heart and stood up. "Unless someone has any other ideas, I think the returns from this endeavor might not be as valuable as we hope for it to be." Stepping over the man's prone body, she picked up concrete block Kazue had kicked off earlier and gently placed it back on top of the man, making sure to not break any bones or crush any vital organs. "I hope you don't mind. This is merely a precaution in case you decide to run away."

Looking around the room, Ottilie spotted only one entrance in from the veranda. Next to that, hidden discretely in the corner was a small security camera. "Hiram," She called to the boy. "Do you think you could hack in to the security network and see where the lady went? We might also be able to locate any other suspicious figures lurking around the premises."

Ezra Knight
SCENE:
Tigers Arc 3: Scene 1 [Where Giants Sleep]
Heavenly Beast Plaza, Lower Central District
PARTICIPANTS:
Ezra, Elias, Isobel, Kenji, Passeri, Wren
WHERE GIANTS SLEEP
Indifferent to the Priestess's threats and her little hit squad, Ezra briefly turned away from the woman and her gaudy mask. As he did so, the two pieces of his weapon merged, obeying the will of his Potential and finally becoming whole. Now that he had a free hand, he plucked Isobel's knives from the stone door, thinking to himself that it wasn't as sturdy as it appeared before facing the wounded Jack.

"Try to keep a closer eye on your property. Losing things doesn't really suit you." Still, they were better stuck in a rock than stuck in her chest. That last brush with death was a tad too close for comfort. Isobel nearly ended up with a lot worse than a tiny cut and a torn sleeve.

After returning the blades to their proper owner, Ezra placed a hand on Isobel's arm. When he broke contact, the gash and the blood were gone, not a single trace remaining. An injury of that size didn't take a lot of energy to repair, so there was no harm in fixing her up. He also didn't want to take any risks. After hearing the idol mention poison, he figured it was best not to leave any open wounds untended.

He had experience dealing with poisons before. It was a part of his training he preferred to forget, and he didn't like how the current situation seemed to justify the unconventional methods of his borderline insane instructor. The reminder was an annoyance, but it wasn't nearly as vexing as having to play doctor in the middle of a fight.

He hoped that going out of his way to assist Passeri would grant him a useful ally, but all he got was a burden. Dealing with her toxic troubles was by no means a difficult task, but having to look after her while trying to defend himself was a different matter. It was like being stuck with Titus all over again. Somehow, he always ended up with human-shaped anchors tied to his ankles.

Holding in an irritated sigh, he stepped forward and stopped at Passeri's side, glancing at her from the corner of his eye. "That'd be your third favor." A slight smirk worked its way across his face once again as he answered her request. Despite the wry expression and delivery, there was a touch of seriousness in his statement.

No good deed should go unrewarded, and he felt like he was due for a reward or three after helping out his dear coworker so much. He got her to safety, patched her up, and now he was backing her up. Honestly, all the effort he was putting in was worth far more than what he was asking for, but he was a generous soul.

"I look forward to seeing the debts repaid. After we've handled things here, of course." He didn't want to entertain the possibility of him dying in a place like this. If he did, he'd be sure to make good on an old promise and spend his ghostly days haunting Isobel as punishment for putting him in this situation.

As he prepared for the cultists' attack, he observed his patient, watching her pink playset hover around her before all the shimmering scythes flew at their targets. He raised a brow, wondering if the poison was rotting the poor pop star's brain. Had she forgotten how well that sort of move worked out before?

Surprisingly, the dazzling projectiles kept flying, unaffected by whatever force stopped Isobel's knives. If the Priestess didn't redirect Passeri's constructs, then it was probably because she wasn't able to. If that was the case, Ezra had a few ideas as to why the leading lady suddenly lost her influence. It was most likely because Iroi controlled the path of her scythes, something that wasn't possible with an ordinary weapon.

After observing a possible gap in the enemy's defense, an idea popped into Ezra's head. Acting as quickly as possible, he retrieved his pistol from his holster and flicked the safety. After taking a moment to aim, he fired three rounds, all aimed in the direction of the Priestess.

The bullets certainly went the right way, but they came nowhere close to hitting the masked woman. They whizzed by, vanishing from sight. Then Ezra returned his gun to its resting place, apparently satisfied with accomplishing nothing. He paid the results no mind, still moving as fast as his body could.

He swiped the hot metal casings from the floor, ignoring the burning sensation in his hand as he repositioned himself. He held them between his fingers, lining up the rims with the Priestess's garish headpiece. Once he found a satisfying angle, he activated his ability.

Trying to restore itself, the casings called for the departed bullets to return. Two of them listened, speeding back with no regard for anything in their path. Not even the back of the Priestess's hooded head.

Bullets weren't very effective against HPs if they were under a certain caliber, but they could still pack a decent punch. They could create minor wounds or possibly stun the Priestess long enough for someone else to do some damage. It's not like she was the only target either. Ugly little masks weren't as tough, and he really would've preferred to see that eyesore go.

ROLAND DREYER
SCENE:
New Oasis Arc 3: Scene 3 [Silence for the Damned]
PARTICIPANTS:
Charmy, Dagger, Guinevere, Jack
SILENCE FOR THE DAMNED
Roland's mind screamed. This was it... The end. Or... Was it? He felt... Pain. Pain borne from a contradiction. He was a King, but not a King. He was dead, but his mind—

"NRGH!" A fresh wave of agony sent him sprawling to the floor, deaf to the chaos that had erupted in the wake of his collapse. A tide of flesh shambled through the halls, spilled through the open window, clambering over the bodies—riddled with bullet holes or sliced by steel—that now littered the halls, floors slick with dessicated blood and ichor, bearing down upon the only living souls within reach.

It'd always been a long shot. He just wished he'd had more time.

... Then there was relief. And release. Suddenly he felt light, like air. He was floating, hovering over himself. He allowed a serene calm to wash over him. He'd done all that he could, but it hadn't been enough. Though... He'd expected death—the true death—would've been... He didn't know. Faster? Than this. He imagined he'd have been whisked away from this corporeal plane, scattered to the four winds like grains of sand. But instead, here he remained. It did not take him much longer to ascertain why.

"Ah." He said, alternating his gaze from the body—his body—now still as the grave from which it was robbed, to the peculiar woman peering up at him. Charmy appeared in his field of vision, placing a hand on the officer's shoulder. Roland's lip quirked. He had always enjoyed watching her, even if it was the simplest thing, even if it was nothing at all.

His mind was finally clear. Apparently the Siren's Call of his one-time predecessor's master could not pierce the veil of true death. Good to know.

Though, in this state, he was powerless to quell the dead that now swarmed their location...

"I don't know which view I prefer," Roland snarked, as if anyone had time for that.

The dead lurched.

They snatched.

They bit.

An endless sea of bodies assaulted the pair of Tigers, encroaching on all sides.

NPC POST - AVANT GARDE
PARTICIPANTS:
August, Damian, Kinsley, Kisara, Kyo, Peyton, Raph, Sabrina, Shinko, Julian
THICKER THAN WATER
Damian’s tentacle had crawled towards one of the shadows in the corners of the hallway- a mistake to be sure, for it had not only just noticed the figure within the dimly lit darkness before a glint of steel sparked in the sparse light. The tentacle was lifted into the air. Before it had even hit the ground, it had already split in twain. A slight girl stepped out from behind the corner, or at least, ‘girl’ was the best way to describe her.

Though of indeterminate age, her short, boyish hair, the school uniform, kneesocks and loafers were meant to indicate that she was no older than 18, perhaps. In one hand, she clutched onto a scabbard that held the offending weapon that had so duly cut Damian’s scout in the blink of an eye. A surgical mask ran across the lower half of her face, obscuring it from the three Serpents.

Three serpents enter / the hallowed halls of dragons. / They will meet their end.

When she spoke, her voice was rasping, like it was being grinded across a grater, but the tempo was calm and steady, almost as if she was reciting a poem. Her mask barely shifted when she talked. She reached into her blouse, and withdrew a rectangular, yellowed piece of paper, with strange scribblings present on it.

Drift on and scatter, / falling petals in the wind. / The end cometh soon.

With a flick of her hand, she tossed the paper into the air, and with another glint of steel, and the telltale sign of her sword returning to her scabbard, the talisman was sliced into shreds. She readied her sword again, and, this time, drew it for all to see, sending a gust of wind towards the destroyed talisman, scattering the pieces of paper across the hallway around the Serpents.

She crouched down slightly, lowering her stance, her blade returning to its home. A blink of an eye. She vanished, leaving only a piece of paper from earlier drifting down gently towards the ground.

Begone,” her rasping whisper came from behind Sabrina, her sword already halfway out of its scabbard, blade poised to take her head off.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Lucem Lucem Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Kyuubey Kyuubey

PIXEL & PORTALKEEPER (Silva & Ruriko)
SCENE:
Dragons Arc 3: Scene 2 [Hunting Filth]
PARTICIPANTS:
Silva, Laura, Ruriko, Schroeder, Jiak (NPC)
Filth in the Gutter
“Ruriko?” The name slipped off his tongue with quick pronunciation, hastened by the urgency of the matter.

She wasn’t answering him. In fact, she seemed completely detached from the now. If Silva were relaxed, it might have gone without noticing, but his senses were adrenaline-fueled, and that’s just how he worked.

A rumble rolled through the building, shaking loose chunks of material from the battered ceiling and walls, through which the outdoors poured in. Then, another set of water pipes along the wall nearby cracked, drawing Silva’s attention in the same instant that they shattered, gushing water in a violent jet.

That which pooled out took form, mimicking, at first, human design, the same as before. But this time the figure contorted, becoming less recognizable as something or other and, from it, arms branched out, reaching with grappling hands.

Ruriko was a hindrance if she couldn’t fight.

Silva’s pixels collected at his feet, conforming to their metal, and took him up at an angle, head-on into the opponent’s watery onslaught. At the same time, a belt fashioned of pixels zipped through the air, locking around Ruriko’s waist, and dragged her down the hall at a blurring speed.

Before Silva and the water entity clashed, glowing blades—nine or ten of them, he didn’t count—took shape in pursuit of him, their points aiming for the entity.

Now, he didn’t know how to fight water… but he’d sure as hell have fun learning.
SILVA/POST NOTES
— —What he's wearing: (Click) Leather aviator cap, mask, and green-tinted goggles (one of his lenses are shattered, his eye bloody); Open green jacket w/ open grey jacket underneath (no undershirt) (he is bleeding from the shoulders, blood leaking through the tears in his jacket); Grey shorts; Fingerless gloves; No shoes because metal feet

— —Silva's hair is spray-dyed green this time around. Due to wearing his aviator cap, Silva's hair cannot currently be seen.

— —He smells harshly of chemicals from the spray-on hair-dye that he uses.

— —PIXEL CONSTRUCTS:
1. Some of Silva's pixels are conformed to his feet, allowing him levitation via telekinesis...
2. Ten blade-like constructs...
3. Belt around Ruri's waist in case he needs to throw her around...
+ He has some pixels left over

— —POST RECAP: Silva gets Ruriko out of the way then clashes with Rebecca.

Last edited:
Rebecca #2
SCENE:
Serpents Arc 3: Scene 3 [Filth In The Gutter]
PARTICIPANTS:
Gerda, Darius, Mimi, Reese, Rutheless, Sang-Cheol, Yuna, Yuto, Ruriko, and Silva
Filth In The Gutter

Like butter, the watery hands were cut apart with ease. They splattered around, and the blades of pixels cut through Rebecca's liquid form. Stab, slice, and pierce through the watery veil. It seemingly had no effect on Rebecca, but the pipes, on the other hand. The cracks formed by Rebecca exiting out of the tube turned into a hole as the blades broke them.

Immediately, Rebecca's liquid form dropped from the ceiling down to the ground with a loud splash. It didn't move for a second until a small ripple ran out. Again, a liquid human form emerged out of the puddle. The water from the pipes that poured upon the form soon stilled and formed a connection to the water figure. Without a moment of hesitation, Rebecca struck again.

Her form stretched out its 'arms.' Several lances of water manifested from each of its arms. They shot forward towards the pixel manipulator. From around, below, a front, in any way that there could be an opening.

Though, Rebecca didn't bother to take notice of the semi-unconscious Dragon leaving the scene. It didn't require her attention. After all, someone else was there to take care of it.

SCENE:
PARTICIPANTS:
Gerda, Darius, Mimi, Reese, Rutheless, Sang-Cheol, Yuna, Yuto, Ruriko, and Silva
Filth In The Gutter

Unfortunately, luck was not on Silva's nor Ruriko's side. As Ruriko was moved by the pixels down the hall, halfway through, they bumped into a wall. Not into a wall, into a man. With bright red hair and dull eyes, Olivine looked down at what had just bumped into him.

Touching the construct made out of light, it was absorbed into him and caught Ruriko before she fell onto the ground. Now there was a decision to make again. To let her live? To let her die? Matchstick's directive was to kill everyone in this lab. From the Dragons, his enemy, to his Serpents, his allies, anyone alive in this lab was to be killed.

Though with what little freedom Olivine had in his thought process, perhaps she would make a good worker. Timothy had relayed information about her creating a barrier to deflect Gerda's assault. If made into a worker, she would prove a good shield in the future. Though, it seemed like she was weakening from a type of poison. If left alone, the body would be in less than ideal condition.

Turning back to whence he came, Olivine decided to head back into labs filled with toxic gas. It didn't necessarily affect him due to the body that he copied, but it would perhaps kill Ruriko. If she died, then she died. While it was worth preserving what she had left when she was alive, all they needed was her potential rather than her body.

Either way, he needed to get into the lower floors to perform the operation.
[/comment]

Last edited:
MIRZA KARTAL
SCENE:
PARTICIPANTS:
Nearby: Mirza, ???
In Scene: Hifumi, Hiram, Kazue, Omar, Ottilie
RIPPLES OF STARDUST
Mirza watched the masked fellow’s lack of response with a straight face. Though he was feeling the urgency of the situation, he didn’t show it, though after a moment he let out a small, but insistent, “Hm?”

He kept his eyes on the mask until his attention was drawn away by the conversation of the seated, and only then did he show any more visible interest, leaning forward to try and catch every word. It was hard to tell if they knew much more than he did, but he didn’t have time to wonder when a new face — or rather, mask — came into view. He was ready to begin the line of questioning again when she spoke before him, the casual approach catching him off guard.

Mirza listened without any interjections, head cocked in a way that almost seemed condescending, or perhaps just over-confident for someone in restraints. Only when the woman backed off did he act.

“Hm. You’re right about the restraints…” as Mirza spoke, he brought himself up, now familiar with the swaying of the vessel and able to keep his balance. There was still the matter of the bindings, but he had ways to deal with them. “...They are unnecessary.” New growths forced their way out of Mirza’s body at various points where the restraints held him. The sharp edges cut away at it, and soon the pressure caused them to break and fall at his feet. Now free, Mirza held his hands in front of him in a peaceful manner, and continued.

“I’d be more than happy to hear you out. You can explain everything to me now, so there will be no misunderstandings.” His voice remained soft, but by no means submissive to his captors. “I’ve noticed I’m not the only one you’ve brought here, perhaps you could start there.”

SAJEEM
SCENE:
Phoenixes Arc 3: Scene 1 [Follow the Lightning]
PARTICIPANTS:
Hitoshi, Noa, Ryoma
FOLLOW THE LIGHTNING

There was silence on the other end of the line for a few, tense moments as Sajeem gulped and looked between the phone and the two Phoenixes in anticipation. The static on the other end crackled to life again as the speaker pressed the phone again to themselves. "We won't speak again." the man simply said, before hanging up. Sajeem shifted uncomfortably where he stood and gritted his teeth, looking as though he was about to say something until panicked shouts from back in the front of the establishment shot out. The businessowner darted his eyes to the two of them before shuffling quickly outside, which brought both Ryoma, Noa and her bodyguard out back towards the main room of the establishment.

Much to Sajeem's dismay, *more* goons had now entered the establishment and were visibly armed and here to make a commotion as the remaining employees who had been trying to figure out how to clean the mess from before scattered and ran outside. "Oh for fuck's sake..." Sajeem muttered as he took a few steps back before making his way to the security room and shutting the door as to keep himself safe. This left Ryoma, Noa and her bodyguard face to face with six folks in total who were wearing the same fatigues as the men who had trashed this place did. This could only mean that they were associated with the ringleader they were tracking.

EMIEL
SCENE:
PARTICIPANTS:
Hitoshi, Noa, Ryoma
FOLLOW THE LIGHTNING

Wielding a crowbar that rested on his shoulder, the obvious leader of this pack sneered as he looked around before wiping the bottom of his nose with his thumb. "Verdomde muggen." he muttered as he rolled his head around lazily as if bored with the situation. "You get to play with us now." he then announced. "Unless you walk away. Man will get what's coming to him." His reference meant Hitoshi, though it raised more questions as to not only whom the duo were dealing with but also what *had* Hitoshi done to earn such ire and anger from these people. But also in question was the brazen arrogance on display, as if he didn't even perceive them as a threat in the moment.

"Your choice, my friends." he then said, as if waiting for a prompt to unleash violence at a moment's notice. He twirled his crowbar as he awaited an answer from either of the two Phoenixes and yawned aloud. The lackeys under him let out their own chuckles, with one even shooting a crazed grin towards the Phoenixes as he allowed the large chains he was dragging along to loudly clink against the ground in a dramatic fashion.

Interacting: Ryoma ( Stros Stros ), Noa ( Peckinou Peckinou )

Peyton Xiong
SCENE:
Serpents Arc 3: Scene 1 [Thicker Than Water]
Mysterious Black Site (Hall 1), North District
PARTICIPANTS:
August, Damian, Julian, Kinz, Kisara, Kyoden, Peyton, Raph, Sabrina, Shinko
THICKER THAN WATER
Peyton's eyes widened in surprise, and his mouth made a silent o-shape when the ephemeral-looking man pulled the bayonet closer to him and asked a series of rapid fire questions regarding Peyton's choice of weapon. But once he regained his composure, Peyton's expression turned from feral to one of genuine joy.

"It's called a yataghan-bladed sword bayonet," Peyton said proudly. Yataghan bayonets were a fashionable sort of sword style bayonet that were used in the early 19th century. Sword bayonets were rare to come across these days, as while they turned rifles into glaive-like weapons, they were largely incompatible with trench fighting. But when Peyton was in the Serpents, he was able to snag it from a pile of loot. "And yeah, it is removable! There's a slot where the thing goes right in. And sure, it is heavy, but I don't feel it when I'm really getting into the fight."

Peyton decided that he liked this wispy presenced man. He rarely met someone with as little regard for their own life as Peyton had for his own. It was impressive that the man could wonder more about Peyton's choice of weapon than the imminent danger of being speared by it.

When Julian released Peyton's rifle, Peyton tossed it underneath his arm. It spun up around his back and revolved in the air before the barrel landed right into the grasp of Peyton's left hand. Then with a flick of the arm and a spin of the gun, the holster was returned into Peyton's right hand. The spontaneous, dangerous exhibition rifle dance was almost as if Peyton was bragging about the ease he had in wielding the gun.

"We're the Sable Serpents, so if there's danger, we're gonna go right through it!" Peyton exclaimed, "An ambush isn't going to make us stop doing what we wanna do!"

And running from a fight would make it look as if they didn't have a grasp on the situation. But Peyton didn't say that out loud. It seemed kind of odd being a Dragon but preaching Serpent ideals, but Peyton felt right at home with it. Besides, Kisara seemed too far deep in the spirit of the fight to back out now, so the best way to go was forward.

Peyton watched in amusement as Taka did a thorough exploration of Julian's body. Part of him knew that he should be terrified of someone so looming and ominous, but somehow, Peyton just felt happily indifferent about it all. There also was the fact that Peyton was used to everyone being taller than him, especially Damian, who loomed over twice Peyton's height when he wanted to. When Taka decided that Julian posed no danger, and moved on, Peyton took that as a sign that Julian was probably trustworthy. And if he wasn't, they could just kill him.

"Why not join us for now? None of us have any idea which way is out," Peyton said. He picked up the knife from the dead lab worker's hands and offered it to Julian, "Besides, if you're with us, maybe you can help us find where our friend is! He's this broodily-fun guy with black hair and gray eyes. He's a really nasty guy, in a great way! Have you seen him around?"

With August, Peyton, and Julian being the last of the five people to go down the hallway, Peyton decided to turn to look back at August to see if he was going to follow. While he saw the blood on August's hands, he didn't make the connection that it meant that August wasn't doing too well.

"You coming along, right, Au--" suddenly, Peyton's mind went blank. What was the name of the teal-clad Serpent? Peyton swore that he knew his name. Aubin? Aubrey? Peyton knew that he had called the windbender by his name before, but now he blanked on it. But at least he knew that he most definitely had met the guy somewhere-- and likely in school. "Seriously, have we met somewhere before?"

Sei Shonagon Sei Shonagon Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa simj26 simj26

Arisa McClellan
SCENE:
PARTICIPANTS:
Hiram, Kazue, Ottilie, Omar, Mirza
Ripples of Stardust

Arisa's brows furrowed as she surveyed the meet-up location. Two people were knocked unconscious on the ground, but no one was in the surrounding area. "Oh, hell." she huffed. She was just recruited yesterday but was already running into problems. Muttering to herself, Arisa walked through the area, looking for a sign of where everyone could be. Walking over to one of the unconscious individuals, she poked the body playfully with her heel. They were definitely out cold. As soon as throwing in the towel and going home crossed her mind, Arisa felt a pull at the bottom of her right shoe.

"What the-" Glancing down, she saw she had stepped in a puddle of melted ice cream that had thickened and become very sticky. " My shoes!"

The day was getting worse by the second. Luckily, a fashionista always comes prepared. Arisa quickly replaced her soiled heels and switched them out with a pair of hot pink platforms. As she did this, she noticed a faint trail of ice cream shoe prints leading away from the scene. "Ooo! Lucky!"

After following the trail for a while, Arisa spotted a group gathered around a man held down by a large concrete block. She was confident that some people matched the descriptions she received before heading out, so she approached. " Yo! Pasha, here! Heard you guys needed backup?" Arisa was dressed in a leopard crop top, a jean mini skirt, and platform sneakers with a full face of makeup. She didn't look like she was ready to be fighting anything.

BluEndings BluEndings YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro azenva azenva Saturn_moon Saturn_moon

Isobel Pham
CS Link
SCENE:
Tigers Arc 3: Scene 1 [Where Giants Sleep]
Heavenly Beast Plaza, Lower Central District
PARTICIPANTS:
Elias, Ezra, Isobel, Kenji, Passeri, Wren
Where Giants Sleep
There he was again. The man she met eight months ago as they were busy escaping from the Phoenixes. She'd thought it had been a sort of coping mechanism at first but after getting a peek into what Ezra was really like the last few months she was almost certain this was a completely different person. Unfortunately, now was hardly the time for a discussion about the differing personalities inhabiting the Tiger rookie. Questions would have to wait until after they had stopped the delusional cultists attempting to raise a god.

Retrieving her knives from this version of Ezra, she observed how the blades glint in her palms. Her hands are thin, unlovely thing covered in callouses, but they are strong. They are hands that can speak, though there are only a few that bother to listen, hands that can paint the world and stitch a perfect line. Hands that can draw blood and part skin from flesh should she choose to.

There is a scar that runs across her palm, but that was a long time ago and of her own doing. People often cried out when in pain and Isobel had wonder, almost absentmindedly one day, if her voice laid on the other side of some threshold. If she could maybe summon it forth with pain. The cut had been deep. While heat screamed up her arm and through her lungs, nothing but a short, sharp gasp escaped her throat. More emptiness than sound.

Tightening her grip on the hilt, she drew in a deep breath as mayhem ensued. Hoping to use Passeri's manifestions as a distraction, Isobel rushed after the glowing pink scythes, keeping close on the tails of the ones directed at Crowe. From the corner of her eye, she made out a moving blur before one of the beige robed cultist (or rather, sacrificial lambs) abruptly threw himself in the path of the three blades aimed at the Priestess. Isobel felt a warm splatter across her face as the blades sunk into the man's chest. Choking back the urge to throw up, she eyed their feathered friend with determination and quickened her pace. With a single flap, Crowe lifted off into the air. As he did, Isobel kicked off the ground and using Passeri's pink scythes as a floating platform, boosted herself higher up. Stretching her arms out as far as they would go, she caught the edge of his wing and drove her blade in. With an ear-piercing screech, Crowe fell taking Isobel with him.

Amidst everything happening, no one took notice of the three tiny bullets zooming back toward their casings until the Priestess heard a faint whizzing from behind. As she turned around to look, she felt the impact of metal striking the side of her face. A clatter as the golden mask went skidding across the stone floor leaving a fair-skinned woman in her forties with bright blue eyes cradling her face in its wake. Beatrice Grant brought a hand to her cheek and winced at the tenderness of where the bullets had struck her. "You should really learn from your family and not meddle with things beyond your understanding, Knight." She spat viciously. Suddenly, the remaining three lambs all turn on Ezra and charge.

Anneka, Andrea Payne-modified.png
From above, the sound of a gun being fired five times could be heard. They each puncture the air with a deafening blast but no one sees the bullets until it's too late. Speeding back from the opposite end of the chamber are the five bullets, all of which are honed in on the pop star.

Last edited:
PIXEL & PORTALKEEPER (Silva & Ruriko)
SCENE:
Dragons Arc 3: Scene 2 [Hunting Filth]
PARTICIPANTS:
Silva, Laura, Ruriko, Schroeder, Jiak (NPC)
Filth in the Gutter
Silva wondered if the water entity could hear him. If it could speak.

When it dropped from the pipes, severed from the original, there was a pause. Silva’s feet touched ground, a light clack. Ten glowing blades were fixed at random in the air, all pointing toward the stagnant puddle. They didn’t bob up and down like fairies on television, but were still as a picture, stamped in place.

The entity re-emerged, as expected, and Silva grinned goofy behind his mask, hunching into a sprint-ready position.

“HAH-HAH-HAAAH! I WAS HOPING IT WOULDN’T BE THAT EASY! HAHAHAHAAAH!”

As Rebecca’s arms were thrust, Silva, too, rushed in. Offensive versus offensive. Five of the ten glowing blades conjoined themselves at the hilts and like the propellers of a helicopter, orbited Silva and the entity, slicing up anything in its path with relentless, rapid rotation. The steady chuffing of wind thrummed heavily throughout.

At the point when the belt around Ruriko’s waist was absorbed, Silva felt it, a tingle at his fingertips. He sought her out with his eyes, or just the one that wasn’t encrusted and bedazzled with tiny shards of green-tinted glass, and saw the red-haired man who towered over her.

“Uhhh- heh-heh, not good,” he muttered aloud, narrowly avoiding a lash of water by ducking his head.

To Rebecca; as Silva stumbled back, out of the way of yet another wicked slash, he told her, “Sorry-… mi amiga del agua!… Silva has to go!~” All artificial constructs reverted to their base configuration then—save the ones of his feet—millions of intangible specks of illumination swirling about them. And Silva leaped clear of Rebecca’s immediate range.

The pixels split into two separate clouds and stretched themselves wall-to-wall on either side of Rebecca, blocking both sides of the hallway. Promptly, while Silva chased after Ruriko, the pixels grew up, bending inward, arching over and around the water entity to contain it. It would take all of Silva’s pixels to do so, leaving him with very little to work with, but at least there’d be one less obstacle in the way of getting Ruriko to safety.

He sprinted as fast as he could, then dropped and slid sideways on a knee behind Olivine. Having drawn his saber-blades, Silva used the momentum behind his sliding maneuver to hook them into Olivine’s leg, both claws digging in deep, finding the bone, but Silva didn’t stop there.

The pixels that were conformed to his own feet carried him further, hoping to drag the massive man down.
SILVA/POST NOTES
— —What he's wearing: (Click) Leather aviator cap, mask, and green-tinted goggles (one of his lenses are shattered, his eye bloody); Open green jacket w/ open grey jacket underneath (no undershirt) (he is bleeding from the shoulders, blood leaking through the tears in his jacket); Grey shorts; Fingerless gloves; No shoes because metal feet

— —Silva's hair is spray-dyed green this time around. Due to wearing his aviator cap, Silva's hair cannot currently be seen.

— —He smells harshly of chemicals from the spray-on hair-dye that he uses.

— —PIXEL CONSTRUCTS:
1. Some of Silva's pixels are conformed to his feet, allowing him levitation via telekinesis...
2. All of Silva's remaining pixels have been used to contain Rebecca in the hallway...

— —POST RECAP: Silva attacks Olivine, leaving Rebecca's water entity contained (hopefully).

Last edited:
SCENE:
PARTICIPANTS:
Filth In The Gutter

Olivine immediately stopped and turned to Silva, running straight at him. The man was swift, and Olivine didn't have enough time to react appropriately to the speeding man who came at him. Or somewhat below him, as Silva slid underneath him and tried to stab his legs. Unfortunately, again, Silva had chosen one of the worse matchups.

In Rebecca's case, all you needed to do was cut off her water supply. If enough damage had been inflicted on the pipes, her offensive capabilities would have been weakened. Or do as Silva did and isolate the body of water. With the pipe she was traveling to damaged, she couldn't as quickly travel around the lab. Though for Olivine? For Olivine, it depended on the appearance he had copied.

Olivine copied the appearance of anyone whose surface was on a mirror. He copied their anatomy and body structure as well. If they were chimeric, then he'd be able to possess the same strength as they did. Aaron, the man they held captive on the third floor, could absorb non-solids to increase his physical attributes. Air, electricity, gas...

Light.

Like as was before, the pixels sank deep into Olivine's legs... They weren't pixels. Blood slightly pooled on Olivine's pants, but it didn't do anything. Underneath the layer cloth, the skin was shiny white like the floor. Olivine turned to look at Silva. Aaron also had the ability to copy the attributes of solids. "You can die." Silva didn't display any special sort of that would have been useful. Sure, the pixels were special, but not enough to warrant a good worker. If there were any remains of Silva, they'd properly use whatever was left.

With that, he threw Ruriko off to the side where Silva had created the blockade, so that he could deal with the dragon. Reaching out to his hand, electricity cackled from his palm. Tightening his hand into a fist, he punched the broken goggled man.
[/comment]

Last edited:
Sabrina Felton
SCENE:
Hall A, Mysterious Black Site ( North District )
PARTICIPANTS:
August, Damian, Kinsley, Kisara, Kyo, Peyton, Raph, Sab, Julian
Thicker Than Water

“Not really,” Sabrina shrugged, cigarette clipped between two fingers while she spoke. A bit of smoke escaped her lips. “Blindfolded-freak claimed to be undead, but I’m not sure how reliable that is. As for Miasma, I left him stuck to monster-Romero while I came down here, so his fate is unknown to me. Dead I hope.”

Last she saw Kisara and some other rookies facing the grief-stricken storyteller, so it was most likely dead, but the battle could’ve gone either way. All the sounds of combat seemed to have stopped at any rate. She felt a little guilty about leaving the fight to the remaining Serpents, but the Queen’s call had been heard, and a choice had to be made; Every Serpent for themselves wasn’t uncommon modus operandi for a Snake.

Though, if that were the case, she wouldn’t be down here in the first place.

Sabrina watched Damien detach one of his tentacles with interest, her eyes following the man-sized, living limb as it took the lead and nodded. As psychopathic as Kraken could appear sometimes, she never doubted his cleverness. Or, perhaps caution, in this case.

She followed 10 paces behind, only stopping when the tentacle was lifted in the air and split in twain. Her eyebrows rose when a figure stepped out of the shadows–a masked girl from the looks of it–and started to recite poetry.

Again with the masks. Why the fuck does everyone around here wear masks???

Her dislike of people wearing masks started during a certain concert and had been growing ever since.

Shreds of paper scattered. Then the girl moved.

CLANG!

Swiftly turning, Sabrina lifted Kyoden’s blade to block the strike towards her neck. “Are you an undead too?”

Her body crackled as visible electricity traveled up Kyoden’s sword. She glanced at the other two. “You two can go on ahead. I’ll handle her.”

Or they can stay behind and help her finish the fight quickly. It didn’t matter to Sabrina either way. Her attention returned to her attacker.

Lucem Lucem Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Kyuubey Kyuubey simj26 simj26

Julian Midgley
SCENE:
Mysterious Black Site (hall 1), North District
PARTICIPANTS:
August, Peyton, Kisara, and Takaonna
A horned demon, a 'human' grasshopper, the embodiment of minty mouth strips and a gleeful fox. It was a curious set of characters that had assembled on the stage. Curious enough that the blonde relented to the demon's push with only a surprised blink. Julian gawked after the figure that ambled down the very same corridor that he had emerged from.

They were hurt, fraying apart at the edges in blood that gushed forth from torn seams. Yet they insisted on continuing. Muttered downcast words about 'not having time for this' to the red trails that spawned after dragging feet. It made him wonder why they were here in the first place. Little tingles contracted the skin in his palm as words were chattered and cold tendrils sized him up in slithering touches.

The tendrils palmed over his eyes in a second lid of black and exhaled putrid memories of the chute that he had hauled sloshing bags into. Julian sniffed it and kindled a little smile on budding lips. His first one in a while that sparked the thought of 'it smells like home' to echo with nostalgia on gentle features. The shadowy apparition slinked past him and he squinted down at the dwarf with a faint grin. "Sounds good to me!" Julian accepted the knife in newly healed palms and cradled it "This place is scary after all, I don't wanna be left here alone".

The arctic gaze cruised through his battered new companions and anchored at the backs that were shrinking in the distance. He hummed a thoughtful tune "-Your friend, huh? He must be a good friend to make you go so far~". There was something about the word 'Sable Serpents' that tickled his eyes to narrow under pale veils of lashes. Aha, so that was it. The blonde flared up in beam once more "-Ah maybe you mean Raphy? He's quite the broody, fun and well- not nasty, but, a special guy~".

The stench of blood hung heavy in the air and made his sprightly spirit appear all the more out of place as he glowed with goodwill. Julian scanned his companions in nebulous half-moons.

"Want me to take you to him?"

clothes (since i forgot to give a description of them) x
Julian agrees to group up with Kisara, Taka, Peyton and August. He reveals that he knows where their target is.
Coyote Hart Coyote Hart Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa simj26 simj26

Last edited:
Noa Bakoria Aquanaut
SCENE:
PARTICIPANTS:
Follow the Lightning

Noas amusement from the entire ordeal was quickly turned into annoyance when the man said they wouldn't be speaking again before hanging up, it kinda ticked her off to say the least, making her mutter to herself "You little bitch.". Noa wasn't too concerned about the phone call, until she noticed Sajeem seemed to have been a bit unnerved by the entire event, though she was soon able to figure out why as she heard a noise coming from around the back area. When Sajeem went outside, Noa and their bodyguard followed behind, eventually finding themselves out the back of the establishment, where goons of whoever they were on the phone with were waiting for them. Sajeem didn't seem entirely pleased by the entire ordeal and quickly went on to leave the area, likely to find a safe place to hide in. Though Noa didn't blame him all that much, figuring he might be a NP, and that the guys they were facing were likely HPs. Noa wasn't all that impressed though, as she looked at the 6 men with a annoyed glare, they went on to speak to the 3 of them. The fact he used the term that the Man will get what is coming to him, all but confirmed that for whatever reason these guys were following Hitoshi for, it wasn't good.

Though it wasn't until the man let out a yawn that Noa couldn't help but get super annoyed at the group, underestimating them and likely thinking they were push overs which couldn't be any further from the truth. "Charmed. So if any of you guys got half a brain, i would suggest you run away now, if not, then oh well." Noa then went on to put a bit of distance between her and the 6 men, before going on to lean against the wall looking at her nails in bored disinterest., before addressing her bodyguard. "So Týr, if none of them decide to take up my generous offer, then you just make sure you capture two and kill the rest, or three if you are feeling generous. Either way, I don't feel like running the risk of ruining my second outfit cause i honestly don't have a spare, but I'm sure you can take care of them all by yourself if you really wanted to, either way, have fun." With that said, Noa snapped her fingers, making the Tattoo she marked her bodyguard with glow to life. Pushing their bodyguards potential well beyond their original capabilities, with him being able to see moves before they even happen, a feeling their bodyguard had gotten use to after being with Noa for so long.

Týr didn't hesitate before withdrawing their sword and walking over to the men not even bothering to take a ready stance, already knowing and prepared to dodge all the attacks were sent their way with full intention of countering and cutting down the first one who dares to strike first the first opportunity they got.
1675284563679.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back