• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
SCENE:
Dragons Arc 2: Scene 1 [The Child]
Shaded Alley → Rooftops, The Markets, East District
PARTICIPANTS:
Dyne, Ra, Shiri, Hou
THE CHILD

As the child ran, a figure shot out from one of the other alleys, up into the air and then down, landing on a nearby rooftop without moving a pebble out of place. the firgure was shaped like a man, but it moved with a surreal speed, footsteps unbelievably light. What looked like a red baton was tied tightly against one hip.

“Hey! Kid! There you are!” Hou called out. "I finally found you!" He waved as he caught up and matched the pace, keeping a decent distance so as not to frighten the kid (for what was likely the second time). Hou held a bag aloft triumphantly before opening it and burying his head inside. He kept running, leaping when needed and dodging when necessary, never losing his balance.

“I got you some new clothes, yours looked dirty, oh, and I got some candy, didn’t know what you liked so I bought a bunch…um, do kids play with knives in the city?” He held up a small but well-made butterfly knife.

"I can teach you how to use it, I had to learn by myself and boy did I get cut a LOT!..."
Hou trailed off and frowned as he ran beside the kid.

“Hey, something’s different since I saw you before…” His eyes trailed over the wings…but he just couldn’t place it.

“Anyway, why are we running?”

Sang-Cheol Man
SCENE:
Phoenixes Arc 2: Scene 2 [The Bounty]
PARTICIPANTS:
Raphael, Kyoden, Sang-Cheol, Mimi, Hide
THE BOUNTY

Contrary to everyone's reaction to the little fright show that the white-haired Phoenix displayed, Sang-Cheol didn't find it amusing. Of course, he was what they called a 'stick in the mud.' However, he felt a tiny iota of disappointment with how Hide reacted. It was just a giant rock statue created from Mimi's HP; what was so scary about it. He almost wanted to clap in mock awe for the Phoenix, but again he refused and didn't. Sang-Cheol sighed and pushed up his sunglasses. "Anyone else?" He muttered. The number of random people joining this mission was starting to get irritating.

A shock of fear ran down his spine as Rapahel seemingly agreed. All thought Hide immediately vanished like a trail of thoughts ran through him. Shit, what did I do? Did I do something wrong? Why does Raphael seem so interested in whatever I say? Does he want to terrorize me again? FUCK, FUCK, FUCK, FUCK. Internal strife stirred within Sang-Cheol as he tried to comprehend the situation. It was a good thing that it was raining. Otherwise, he would be sweating bullets.

He followed the group into the building with his mind now on auto-pilot. Anything that was heard went from one ear to the other, though he seemed to under a gist of it. "I'll stay on the ground floor," Sang-Cheol said in a monotone voice. With his brain rebooting, Sang-Cheol slowly looked around. While he'd like to obtain the former serpent's research, he didn't want to be in Raphael's line of sight when he finds them. The amount of blood would be splattered... A slight chill once again his spine.

Though, it wasn't entirely hopeless searching on the ground floor. If the Serpents were careless enough, Sang-Cheol still found their research on the floor he was on. Turning to Kyoden and Mimi, and specifically not Raphael, he said to them, "If you find any of their notes regarding their experiments, I'd deeply appreciate it if you would retrieve them." He quickly left the area with a slight bow to get away from Raphael. After being around Raphael for an extended period, his nerves were at their limit.

Wandering around inside the base, he began searching for any traces of experimentation. While he did that, he noted that the house would be very flammable. Generally, all North District homes were made in poor quality. The construction workers probably got lazy and ended up using material that was flammable to build it. Not to mention every time he stepped on the floor, it creaked. Sang-Cheol decided to withdraw from using HP since it could light this house into a pyre in seconds.

RURIKO IKEDA
SCENE:
PARTICIPANTS:
Dyne, Hou, Ra, Ruriko, Shiri
THE CHILD

I’d like to talk in person. If you change your mind, I’ll be waiting at our usual dojo later this evening.

Ruriko frowned at the message that was sent a while ago as she walked aimlessly through the markets. Her first initial thought was to reply to Kanna with a not-so-kind ‘fuck off’ but instead she locked her phone and chose to ignore the message completely. She was not in the mood to confront Kanna, especially considering how she stormed out of the Eternal Night Palace. Maybe a part of her felt bad for leaving her friends — would she consider Reveler a friend? Either way, she felt slightly bad that she left them behind. However, Callan had no business using Shuwei’s appearance and Reveler was instigating as always, and Meirin — well, Meirin wasn’t doing anything wrong.

As much as she wanted to blame Kanna for how irritated she’s been lately, she knew the source of it all was Shuwei’s disappearance. It was one thing for him to take some time to himself but it was another to leave his plants uncared for more than a week. The messages she would send him wouldn’t even go through and she would get the standard, ‘we’re sorry, you have reached a number that is disconnected or that is no longer in service’ whenever she tried to call him. It wasn’t like him to just leave without telling her at least something. She was worried and had been all these months. Siru was able to at least inspire some confidence in her that he was okay whenever she paid the flower shop a visit but her intrusive thoughts made her question if Siru was hiding something from her.

This was why she decided to go to the markets to quell her emotions with food rather than talk it out with Siru or Shen. Hot food always made her feel better and she was hungry anyway after a boring shift. Now that she thought about it though, she technically didn’t even finish her shift…she kind of just stormed out. Ruriko shrugged at the thought, figuring she would deal with the consequences later. She could always just lie and tell them something urgent came up at the Dragon Headquarters — besides, Meirin was inviting her to leave the place anyways to check on another brothel.

Just as Ruriko got in line for a gyoza and takoyaki stand, two men approached her.

“Excuse me, Miss. Sorry to bother you —”

She turned her head to look at them, her slightly irritated expression forcing the shorter of the two to pause for a split second before regaining his confidence to speak to her.

“—Sorry if this is too much trouble to ask, but…you’re an Azure Dragon, correct?”

Her frown deepened slightly as she slowly moved a hand to the hilt of her blade, barely concealed by the inside of her black jacket. “Who’s asking?”

“Ah, you probably don’t remember us but we were one of the many civilians you helped to safety on the bridge a week ago.”

Ruriko’s expression softened and her hand relaxed as well, figuring they were just here to give thanks. She motioned for the one speaking to continue.

“Do you think you’d be able to help us? We’ve lost our son.”

Finally, the taller one decided to chime in, “we think he’s somewhere in the market. But we can’t find him anywhere.”

Ah, save two lives on the bridge and suddenly they think they can just ask her to help with any inconvenience they run into. Ruriko let out a sigh, glancing back at the food stand and then back at the two men. They were lucky she had a soft spot for children and animals. “Sure, I guess. What does he look like?”

After listening to a general description of what the child looked like, one that included feline-like ears, Ruriko opened a portal in front of herself and another that would take her high up to the sky. As she stepped through and reappeared above, she closed the initial portal, leaving a single portal to balance on. Granted the momentum caused her to bounce in place a couple of times but she maintained her focus, surveying the market below for any small children with black hair and fluffy ears.

The sudden movement in an alleyway and the display of wings caught her attention as she watched briefly for a moment a child scampering along the rooftop, and a man with red hair chasing after him. Ruriko raised her eyebrow at the sight, the two men that requested her help didn’t mention anyone chasing after the child. Was this man dangerous? She didn’t recognize him but as she watched him pull out a blade from the bag he was carrying, she blindly determined that as a threat to the child’s safety.

Motioning a hand, a portal manifested in the path of the child and the pursuer, linking to the one that she balanced on in the air. As she fell through, she wasted no time readying her weapon as she reappeared on the rooftop. Wanting to keep her actions as a warning rather than outright violence, she chose to swing at the man with her katana still sheathed. “Oi, the fuck you chasing after little kids for, creep?”

MINATO MAEDA
SCENE:
Tigers Arc 2: Scene 6 [All Proceeds]
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri, Daemon, Sabrina, Dagger, Fahru, Masked Concertgoer K, Minato
ALL PROCEEDS
Minato was visibly starstruck. Or he would've been. Was he? Oh, man. If only the him that was hawking over-priced concert swag was here right now...

Still... Being in a room with Passeri Park had to earn him some bragging rights somewhere, right? Huh. When she smiled at him he smiled back, even though he'd already been smiling. That was Passeri Park, for ya. He took the news of the stalker in stride. ”Yep! We saw somebody skulkin' 'round back here. I'm on it." Mina said, nodding, as a self-satisfied smirk worked its way across his face. He kind-of ignored Fahru, for the most part. Might've been a little rude, but... I mean, c'mon! It's Passeri Park, yo.

And she was making eyes at him. A-ha. Maybe he could turn this situation to his advantage. Maybe she'd be willing to make a V.I.P. appearance at next week's house party? Osa would flip. And they could make a killing selling tickets at the door if the Passeri Park was even rumored to be in the building.

”So—" Minato began, before quickly zipping his lips to let the queen say her piece. A favor, eh? He-he... Even better. If he could worm his way into her good graces, maybe he could get more out of her than just a few choice minutes of facetime at his next rager.

Heh! Anythin', ba—sorry, go ahead—" Minato stopped himself from saying any more of this internal monologue out loud as Passeri listed off her favors, plural. He hoped it wasn't a long list.

Elsewhere, Minato used a certain masked-concertgoer's cellphone to make an outbound call to a number he had memorized. Nearby, a squatting Minato was holding up the prone body of a man by fistful of his hair. His mouth was moving, but for the blood and the swelling cheeks and missing teeth, it was hard to tell what it was he was trying to say. Why'd this guy try to fight him, anyway? Why'd he think he even stood a chance?

The phone barely rang before the harsh woman's voice cut in over the receiver. ”Yo, D. I got that guy. You wanna come work your magic on 'im?"

For the first time, at the behest of Passeri Park herself, Minato actually looked at Fahru. Cute, he thought. Even if the bird was kind of weird. He didn't necessarily mind—heh—'keeping an eye' on her. And the second favor was mostly what he was doing already, anyway.

”Aye, aye, cap'n. I'm on it," Minato had said, though his words might've been drowned out by the sound of the alarmingly loud squawk of Fahru's avian companion. Minato winced, and was half-tempted to pop the bird in its mouth—err, beak—for startling him. It wanted him to... Stand outside? Was it trying to blow up his spot with Park?

Hell to the no, Bird Brain!

”... Think I'll stay here. Don't wanna let you lovely ladies outta my sight, aha."

... Did that come out creepy? Fuck.

>>> To The Next Post

SCENE:
Dragons Arc 2: Scene 2 [A Brief Meditation]
PARTICIPANTS:
Shen, Kairong, Hadrien and Omar
A Brief Meditation

Omar waited and gauged the reactions from the other three Azure Dragons. Taking note of their every action, response, expression and made a mental note to be placed in the library of his mind all the while remaining silent to their reactions. Even when Mister Gauthier was slowly increasing his anger and changing his tone did Omar remain as silent as ever and when Mister Gauthier spilled the tea onto the floor and made an odd comment about coffee being beter than tea before storming out of the tea house. Omar decided now was the time to do something since Mister Gauthier has left. Omar picked up a few pieces of napkins or to most people tissues. Omar would walk towards the spilled tea that Mister Gauthier has caused before kneeling to the ground and using the napkins to gently dabbed at the spilled tea to absorb the tea into the napkins rather than wiping it and spreading it out even more. Omar would now placed the soaked napkins into the small bowl-like tea cup before taking a few more napkins and begin the process again as Omar did a third attempt to clean up the mess before stopping as it seemed mostly cleaned up the mess well at least it the floor was no longer wet but would still require some work to remove the smell and make the floor squeaky clean.

Omar realized he had been staring at the floor for a bit as if his mind was attempting to relive a past event where he is cleaning up something else like a but then he quickly snaps his attention back to the present as he removed the slowly fading image from his mind. Omar got back up slowly before taking another piece of napkin to wipe his own hands after which Omar would place the napkin in his pants pocket. Omar got back to his seat and bowed his head at first Lin Kairong as he spoke to him. " Pardon my interruption of our discussion but I fear the term young masters should exclude me as I have reached an age where most would call me middle aged. I apologize if I was too hasty to clean up the young Mister Gauthier sign of disrespect and I also apologize if I was unable to clean up the spilt tea and that I stuff the dirty napkins into the tea cup. "

Omar would then turn his attention to Shen Yue while still keeping his head in the bowed position and not once looking up as he spoke to Shen Yue. "I apologize if I am speaking out of rank but usually when someone spills tea, it is a sign of disrespect towards the one who serves the tea and those of higher ranks thus requires " Omar pauses for a moment as he decided not to say punishment and instead changed his line of thought. " Remedial action. I will refer to your judgement on the matter. " Omar would raise his head and gently grasps his small bowl-like tea cup as he took a sip of the tea. At that moment Omar feels a buzz in his jacket pocket, it must be from his cellphone. Omar would pull his cellphone and look at it.

Omar noticed a text from a clinic and it reads out:

Clinic: Snake loose in an apartment bit a kid. Can you send some antivenom to help out?

Omar would reply back: What kind of snake?

A quick buzz with the clinic reply.

Clinic: Sable Snake.

Omar: Okay, I'll send it and also I will send animal control for the snake. Send address of hospital and apartment building.

Omar would get the addresses first before opening up his contact list and select animal control. The response are mostly on the text side.

Omar: We got a loose venomous sable snake in the apartment building address that I sent you....You know what to do.

Animal Control: Pumpkin is on the move.

Omar would notice simply nod before returning his attention back to Shen Yue and Lin Kairong as he spoke out loud. "Seems like one of our contractors is taking care of some loose ends."

Peyton Xiong
SCENE:
Tiger Arc 2: Scene 2 [Matter of Time]
PARTICIPANTS:
Dante, Reveler, Meirin, Peyton
Matter of Time

If not for the welcoming looks on Reveler and Meirin's faces, Peyton would've been under the impression that he had wandered into somewhere he shouldn't have. It was evident an intense conversation about the nature of Dragons and love was happening. The intensity of the conversation was enough for Ruriko to leave. Peyton moved to the side to allow for Ruriko to pass through the entrance of the private booth, exchanging a look with her as she left. She seemed stressed, a strange state of mind to be whilst in a brothel. But Peyton couldn't blame her. Things were happening in the Dragons, although Peyton didn't pretend to know all the details as a mere rookie. The incident nine days prior was proof of that.

An unsteady wavering smile and a small blush appeared on his face when Reveler began to praise his sense of love. He barely raised his hands and said a small "No, Revie, you're too much..." before deciding that it was best if he didn't input too much into the conversation. While he was sure of what love meant to him, it hardly seemed like something he needed to be proud of. After all, he was still attached to those 'happily-ever-after' love books. And with trust, Peyton wasn't even sure if the people in the room would even trust him. He didn't know if any of them knew that he was a former serpent... and that he still hung out with them. But knowing the relationship the serpents had with the dragons, it was safe to say that he wouldn't be trusted. He definitely doubted those who ran the Dragons trusted him.

"Trust is built with difficulty," Peyton mused under his breath, quite detached from the conversation. Pensively, he added, "And broken very easily."

After all, that was how it was with Raph. He hadn't meant to make leaving the serpents like a betrayal to him. But that action was enough to shatter his trust of Peyton. Reveler was right. Sometimes it was difficult to even trust yourself, much less others. Peyton wished that they could just get rid of the idea of trust altogether.

The situation Meirin spoke of piqued Peyton's interest. Finally, something to fill the monotony of the shift. Even if it turned out to be ghosts like Rukiko said, which Peyton hoped was not the case, it would fill in some time. If they were intruders... well, things would get quite interesting. He further perked up at Reveler's offer, shamelessly saying, "Stash? As in your book stash? Heck yeah, I've always wanted to see what sort of spicy stuff you like to read."

"I'll be right back ma'am with your umbrellas," Peyton gave a small bow to Meirin before he quickly excused himself, a skip in his step as he quickly bounced over to the closet where the umbrellas were stored. Along the way, he also picked up his rifle-- he very much intended to join in, and if there were intruders, Peyton would want his gun. In less than half a minute, he was already back at the booth, "I'll take my fifteen minutes then and tag along. If it is as fun as it sounds, I'm guessing it'll take longer than that. But it's not too busy right now."

With only cursory care, Peyton dropped his rifle down on the ground so that he could carefully place the stack of umbrellas on the empty seat nearest to him. Then he retrieved his rifle and slung it over his shoulder. The broken washing machine was a long way away from Peyton's mind at that moment.

"Do you distract people with your shocking good looks during a fight?" Peyton asked Callan with a platonic joking tone. Like Reveler, he held a bit of doubt about the anthropomorphic cow's fighting ability. But he also knew that looks didn't mean everything. Both him and Reveler were proof of that after all.

Isaiah Spade
SCENE:
Dragons Arc 2: Scene 3 [Error 404]
PARTICIPANTS:
Isaiah, Kanna
ERROR 404
As he and Kanna neared House Vinter, Isaiah thought back to the information Xavier had given them. According to the investigator, the Vinters didn't associate with the gangs in New Oasis, but the results of the stakeout suggested otherwise. The john and four of his associates had been spotted at the residence before the fog rolled in, revealing a connection to the wealthy family. There was also a member of said family being held prisoner at Dragon HQ, so it was very unlikely that they had nothing to do with the incident in the East. He could think of a few ways Red's relatives could deny their involvement, but most of the evidence pointed to them being backers for the Cobalt Wolves.

The suspects made a mistake by letting themselves be seen on Vinter property. Like Xavier and Kanna, he thought a group that orchestrated an attack on the Dragons should've been more cautious. For that reason, he wondered if they never intended to hide. "They might be expecting us. We should keep our heads on a swivel." He didn't doubt Kanna's abilities one bit, but it was best to get these thoughts out while he still had the opportunity. It was possible that they could be walking into a trap. Even if it turned out that the enemies were simply bad at covering their tracks, he preferred being overprepared to being caught by surprise.

"Our authority is pretty limited now that we're out of the East. Trying to fish for information like this probably wouldn't accomplish much. I don't think any of my other identities would be very useful either. I have some connections with upper-class families in Central and the West, but nothing with the Vinters." They still needed to settle on a course of action before they arrived, and he didn't think questioning people directly was optimal.

"There's only two of us, so I'd prefer to avoid combat if it's possible. Stealth might be our best option. If we want to do this quietly, we can find a place to park the car and go the rest of the way on foot. Don't want to risk someone bumping into it while we're busy looking around." He could prevent other people from seeing it, but he couldn't stop them from feeling it.

"We'll be hidden, but if you need the illusion dropped or altered, just send a message and I'll handle it. I can keep in contact by projecting my voice, but if you prefer a text, I can do that." Although, that only mattered if they chose to go with stealth. "Of course, I'm open to other suggestions. What do you think?"

Chou “Mothman” Sima
In Scene: Matsuda ( Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed ) | Camila ( Roda the Red Roda the Red ) | August ( Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean )​

Hostile Agenda​
1653183401301.pngAs Chou got closer to the door, the more her face contorted into a concentration, her tongue now sticking out and up. Once she got to the edge of the door, she almost ran right into August as she abruptly removed her hands from the building.

She had felt a faint pulse in a rhythm and she definitely didn’t trust it.

Once August wiggled the door handle, she jumped back and waved her arms in the air with a tiny bit of panic.

The whiff of gasoline reached her nose and out of the corner of her eye, it seemed Matsuda ran off.

She didn’t take her eyes off the home, specifically because she was suspicious of it.

Crouching down, she placed her palms on the ground as Lilith approached the door.

With a nibble of her lower lip, she pulled her phone out and text-to-talked with a warning, “Careful, I felt beeping earlier.

Though Lilith had turned around and told them that there was probably a bomb.

Made sense.

Making a full stand, she took a moment to think. Going through the front door wasn’t a good idea. In fact, a scream from her also wouldn’t be a good idea since that could trigger the bomb.

Maybe… the side of the building?

Whatever was going on behind her back, Chou didn’t really notice, or didn’t pay attention to.

Her eyes glanced over to the side of the house as Lilith took off in the same direction as Matsuda.

Well, if they left her here to get in trouble, so be it. There was a job at hand.

Then again, Lilith didn’t give her those vibes. She probably went to get something.

Chou text-to-talked to anyone that would listen, “Hey, put in your earplugs! Smiley face.

Chou jogged to the side of the building, keeping an eye out for anything that would be obviously suspicious, looking for any windows.

If there were windows, she would position herself right there. If there weren’t, she’d jog around the building until she found one.

She took a big inhale as she stepped back a reasonable distance.

No way they would wire they’re whole house.

If they did, well… It was raining (even if it was gasoline causing the fire).

After filling her lungs with as much air as she could hold, she exhaled in a screech at around 100 decibels. This was capable of hurting anyone’s ears if they were close to the vicinity, and definitely something that required ear protection.

Also– just enough to smash the glass in front of her so someone could squeeze through and inside the building.

Osamu Ueno
SCENE:
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri, Daemon, Sabrina, Dagger, Fahru, Masked Concertgoer K, Minato, Kazue
All Proceeds
Osamu was relieved that he didn't end up with a bullet lodged in his head, breathing a sigh of relief. The light push that Dagger gave almost pushed Osamu over, struggling to keep himself from falling over onto the floor. No longer being threatened by a gun, he slowly turned around to see who had a weapon to his head. Oh my, I didn't know there were pirates present at the concert. The eye patch was quite perplexing to Osamu, maybe she was cosplaying, that seemed to be popular these days.

He took a sip of what was left in the beer can in his hand, crushing it. He listened to what Dagger was saying into the comms for a few moments before completely losing interest. He didn't need to be baby sat, he needed more beer. While that sounded good and all, the chances of that happening were slim. Walking across the backstage would be a great challenge, there was no way he would make it to a vendor. With little to no options, Osamu just wobbled there as he waited for something interesting to happen.

To his dismay, he was being dragged back over to be watched like a kid. Not that he blamed them though, he wasn't too far off from emptying his guts onto the floor.
"She mustn't like you if you have to watch me." The drunk said to the man watching him, his eyes wandering everywhere as if he were in a toy store. He let out another belch before finally hitting the ground, passing out. It seemed the alcohol that he had drank finally caught up with him. Getting blackout drunk wasn't unusual for Osamu.

Charlie Hughes
SCENE:
Phoenixes Arc 2: Scene 4 [Shopping Spree!]
PARTICIPANTS:
Charlie, Reika, Hitoshi
Shopping Spree!

Happy with the purchase, Charlie followed Reika as she led them to the next store on their loosely set path, she also explained how she had decided to, as well as continuing her search for new horns, to buy a piece of clothing, what a coincidence that she also had seen a nice red jacket!

Quickly they reached the small stand which offered a decent variety of confections, proudly displaying their popular chocolate strawberries the most. Reika once again insisted on the two of them to pick whatever they wanted. Truth was that, while he did not necessarily dislike them, Charlie wasn't exactly a fan of strawberries, so instead he asked for a small pack of chocolate raspberries. Soon after that they were enjoying their treats, a little break before resuming on any bigger purchases.

Charlie was quite taken aback when he heard the Queen oh so casually commenting on the Serpent King suddenly being in central. He understood that this was technically their free day and that they were not doing any kind of gang work but...Shouldn't this be a bit of a more serious matter?

Either way, that would soon become the lesser of Charlie's priorities, as the moment he raised his gaze, his eyes grew wide in surprise as he noticed her, the kind girl who just about a week ago helped him get back up from a pretty hard depressive episode, Alice.

"Oh! uhm, excuse me Reika, I need to go for a little bit, I'm just going to say hi to someone, I'll be back real soon I promise!" Instantly after saying that, he bombarded Hitoshi by putting all of the gifts on his arms. "Please hold them for me for a bit, Aniki, I'll carry everything after I'm back, I promise!" And just like that, he sprinted away from them, he had to hurry after all, can't get the Queen waiting for long after all!

He quickly approached the 4 people that had gathered past the trinket shop, a hard to contain smile formed on his face as he attempted to make his presence known to the girl he had feared he would not see again.

"Alice, It's really you! I'm so glad" He also proceeded to give a small friendly vow at Jackson, at the very least aknowledging him as well.

Things didn't seem quite right though, somehow it felt like there was some sort tension in the air, the kind that's thick enough you could cut through with a knife, Charlie also couldn't help but hear at least the last few words that the boy with unusual fashion said, which did not sound terribly friendly.

"...Is everything okay?" His tone unable to hide a lingering feeling of caution, a habit easy to develop when you are a part of a gang.

AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Taigakitt Taigakitt joshuadim joshuadim

Meirin Azuza
SCENE:
Tiger Arc 2: Scene 2 [Matter of Time]
On the way to Platinum Rabbit, East District
PARTICIPANTS:
Dante, Reveler, Peyton, Meirin
Matter of Time

Merin burst into laughter as both Reveler and Peyton questioned Callan’s fighting ability in their typical teasing manner. Too funny. Callan sounding all haughty as he declared his experience in a couple of brawls as well. Perhaps trust would build as they spent more time together and learned about each other. Or perhaps not. It wasn’t as if Meirin cared too much either way.

As Ruri said, Revie could put her trust in whatever she wanted. Meirin would do the same. It was better that way. Whether gang-affiliated or not, Dragons tended to keep an eye on HPs that had the potential to cause trouble in their district either way. Or HPs that had the potential to join them.

“Thanks Revie!”

Meirin hugged Reveler as she passed the other woman one of the paper umbrellas that Peyton had brought over for them. Truth be told, there wasn’t any need for her fellow Dragon to accompany her to pick up her sister…or investigate a “ghost in the attic” so to say. Any of them. Yet the fact that they did showed that they cared. Or, perhaps, they had some ulterior motives for doing so, but Meirin didn’t like to think that way until proven otherwise. Believing what she wanted to believe. Trusting what she wanted to trust.

If she wanted to count the number of times that her gut had been wrong, it’d be 50-50, but faith was something she’d always carry with her due to values she’d gained from the Wuyang temple monks. Faith in herself. In her training, her instinct, and her experiences. To a lesser degree, she maintained a certain amount of faith in other people as well. Whether it was Shen who broke the South-East bridge or Ruri who always backed him, she believed what she saw and she saw them to be good people. Waving at Ruriko as the Dragon’s Portal Keeper left the pleasure house in a sour mood, Meirin doubted Ruri would’ve seen it with her back turned, but that didn’t matter.

She never did things so others would notice her for it. She did it for herself. Whether people thought her a sex addict or an uptight Dragon mattered little to her.

“You too Peipei!” She handed Peyton one of the umbrellas from the stack he’d brought over as well. The Warden of Eternal Night Palace winked. “You’re accompanying your boss to pick up your other boss, so feel free to take as long as you want. We’ll just call it part of the job~”

Hand covering her mouth, Meirin stifled her giggles. “Oh, but you two shouldn’t bully Callan too much. Whether he’s a civilian or not, he’s still an HP like the rest of us. Regular bullets wouldn’t hurt him all that much.”

Probably. Even amongst HPs, there were discrepancies in strength, durability, and whatnot. Training, experience, and how one cared for their body made all the difference. She’d seen firsthand how good Callan was at using his illusionary potential–likely to attract clients. However, she’d never seen him throw a fist at another person either.

Giving Callan an oiled paper umbrella like the other two, Meirin opened her own umbrella and stepped outside into the light rain. Rain smelled nice. Earthy. Frankly, she wouldn’t have minded running under the rain, but since she was picking up her sister she didn’t want Jun or her friends to get sick either. Showing up at the Platinum Rabbit looking like a wet dog would probably raise a bit of questions as well. “The Platinum Rabbit is within this sector of the East District,” The pleasure sector. “So it isn’t extraordinarily far from Eternal Night Palace, but it’s not next door either. I’d say about 15 blocks away…”

Meirin wasn’t especially good with numbers, though she knew the way by heart. “You’ll recognize it when you see it! It’s pretty big–one of the wealthier Dragon establishments, in fact. A different style from Eternal Night Palace though. More…contemporary…looking I guess.” She shrugged. Describing things wasn’t really her strong suit either, though she visited the rival brothel often enough. All businesses within the same area, doing the same work, competed for the same clients, but they were allies under the same umbrella as well. They both received protection from Dragons, gave each other advice from time to time, and maintained good business relations–even sharing workers at times. She knew the owner. Similarly, the owner knew her and her sister.

But then again, who didn’t know about Miss Chouchou and the Warden of Eternal Night Palace around these parts? “How fast we get there is up to you~”

If she were by herself, she’d be zipping along the rooftops and could arrive at her destination in minutes. However, traveling with company meant she was sticking with company. “I’m not too worried about Sis since Long is with her.” ENP’s procurer. “She’s also smart and knows what she’s doing...but she’s still an NP.”

And that made all the difference.

If their roles had been reversed, if Jun had been an HP instead, Meirin was certain her brilliant sister would’ve received the invitation into the Azure Dragons and not her. Jun knew better how to operate a brothel. Had been working in a Dragon-owned establishment (since she was sold there) for a lot longer. She was more clever. More cutthroat. The only thing that Meirin beat her out in was physical strength…and being an HP.

“Against an HP, she wouldn’t stand a chance. She’s a beautiful woman.”

And men that desired her were beasts…especially men with powers. Powers invited chaos. To say that the Dragons were entirely un-chaotic, would be a lie. They dominated the East District with strength. However with that domination came order and with order came safety. Safety for those who didn’t have powers. Ideally, such things ought be dealt with by the police, but they couldn’t do sh*t against the powers either. Not against the Serpents that just did whatever they wanted in their turf. Not ag ainst the Tigers who just wove through the law with wealth…and power when that didn’t work out. When it came down to it, the Dragons did more for her than the police ever did.

“But in our line of work,” one without any particular status, no matter how prettily they dressed. “That’s as much a detriment as it is a strength. Hence why I’m usually seen by her side. My sister's the most important person to me…and so long people know she’s got the backing of a Dragon, they don’t try anything.”

The downside of that was that Meirin’s enemies would likely target her as well–the ones without any form of ethics that is. Meirin put the Sable Serpents as the highest on that list. She knew of Peyton’s past affiliations of course. However, she also knew how he got invited into the Dragons–protecting an NPs against HPs. Keeping the peace in his own way. She believed what she saw. She knew he’d been treated as a test subject within the Sable Serpents as well. That made him a victim of their cruelty more than a member. Peyton had run away from the Sable Serpents for a reason. She liked to believe it was a good reason…but for now she wouldn’t ask. Just like she didn’t ask Callan or Reveler about their pasts, she didn’t feel a particular need to get personal until they were ready to spill. Was that trust? Maybe. It could also be her avoiding the more pressing issue in favor of simply enjoying the surface-level moments.

Strolling down the streets of the Pleasure District under the shade of a red paper umbrella, each step picking up its pace little by little as if to see whether her companions could keep up, Meirin continued to talk blithely. “Whether ‘they’ are a thug with potential or an attic ghost, I don’t want anything hurting Miss Chouchou. I don’t think she would’ve texted me without good reason either. We’re like two halves of a coin. Always in contact...and she's always helping me out, informing me if she notices any problems in our District, though I'd rather her not get involved.” Smiling at Callan as she said this, Meirin then looked to Peyton–the rookie Dragon and a waiter at her brothel. “The Platinum Rabbit has a good relationship with Eternal Night Palace. We help each other out sometimes...especially when it comes to nasty clients. Both Paul and Steve are sweethearts. Their workers are friendly, they have a lot of pretty things hidden away in there, and I love their massage rooms~ So let’s not go in guns blazing until we’re certain there’s something worth shooting, yeah?”

For some reason they all seemed eager to talk about fighting. Meirin enjoyed a good fight as much as the next...but only within certain rules. Martial arts competitions were fun. Practicing it and testing her skills against other like-minded individuals was fun. Excessive bloodshed, backstabs, and killings weren't. She didn't enjoy fighting dirty either. Fun was fun until it crossed a limit. Just like how performing sex for work, and not for pleasure, made Jun jaded towards the normally pleasurable acts between two people, Meirin wondered if she would one day feel that way about fighting. Or if she already had. Lately, all her fights had been for gang work rather than because she enjoyed it.

The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Mqueserasera Mqueserasera Coyote Hart Coyote Hart

Last edited:
HAPPILY EVER AFTER
SCENE:
Tiger Arc 2: Scene 3 [Happily Ever After]
PARTICIPANTS:
Jack, Elias, ???, ???
HAPPILY EVER AFTER
<<< Remember (Elias)
<<< Remember (Jack)

Once again, two differing reactions. While the man tilted his head slightly, contorting his expression as if trying to decipher whatever code Jack spewed, the girl's brows furrowed into a discrete scowl. She pulled the collar of her jacket further up the bottom half of her face. "I don't—"

"Why, I do happen to know a small, blonde Alice,"
the man interjected, making the other tense up again. His countenance calmed, nodding to Jack as though he finally understood something the cowboy said. "In fact, I got a hold of her not too long ago... Figured she was 'lost,' hm?" He stepped aside, motioning towards the employee-only door with a nudge of his head. "We can head into the back and sort things out from there."

The woman cleared her throat quietly, reclaiming her relaxed demeanor. "Well... if you're getting that sorted out... I guess I'm..." A buzzing vibration. Her eyes perked up, retrieving a cheap flip phone from a pocket inside her coat. She glanced at the two. "Sorry... Need to take this..."

The girl stepped slightly aside, still weary of if Jack was going to impede her way. Regardless, she answered the call. A moment of silence, then, "What can I do for you?"

In the surveillance room, Elias may have recognized her within the Victoria shoe store, picking up the phone.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Chaos Gallant Chaos Gallant

MILO NAGISA
SCENE:
Phoenixes Arc 2: Scene 1 [The Recruit]
PARTICIPANTS:
Boltius, Hector, Milo
THE RECRUIT
Even though he'd covered his ears and squeezed his eyes shut, Milo was still reeling from the after-effects of the stun grenade when Hector fell back from on top of him, granting him a brief respite from the terrible onslaught, albeit at the cost of a widening gash along the top of his foot. With ringing ears and blurred, light-blinded vision, Milo scrambled backwards from Hector as fast as his body would allow, trying once more to create space between them. Keeping Hector at bay was his only chance. As he did so, Milo used a free hand to fish out the sketchpad he’d tucked behind his back in the waistband of his jeans. If by some stroke of luck, the page he was thinking of was still intact, then maybe, just maybe… Milo flipped open the tattered remains of the notebook just as he felt Hector’s hand snatch him by the wrist, wrenching his arm back and down, pinning him bodily to the sidewalk below.

His eyes widened as he witnessed Hector’s free hand morph, appearing more like a huge, iron club than anything else, as it swung down for his chest. With precious little time to spare, Milo let the sketchpad fall open as he squeezed his eyes shut, anticipating the blow, but all the same hoping he’d been fast enough.

The resultant crack! forced Milo eyes open as all of the air rushed out of his lungs. He weakly looked down at his own chest, at the wreckage of the drawn heater shield that he’d pulled out of his sketchpad at the last moment, shards of it sprinkling the air and the ground around him. As he stared, Milo spared one moment of consideration for what his chest would look like right now if he hadn’t managed to pull that move off.

Probably a lot like that, Milo thought as he watched the ruined shield crumple and disintegrate into the ether.

Hector, apparently unsatisfied with the number he’d done on Milo’s constructed shield, was reeling back for another blow with his hand-turned-hammer, and this time Milo had nothing to block with. He had no choice but to move. With all the might he could muster, Milo wrenched his trapped hand free from beneath Hector’s grip as the resultant momentum forced him stumbling to his feet, narrowly avoiding the second falling of Hector’s hammer that was thirsting to cave in his chest like it had done his shield.

Milo backpedaled unsteadily into the road, keeping his eyes fixed on Hector as he waited for the Ace to make his way over to him. It was only out of the corner of Milo’s eye that he saw the black luxury sedan peeling down the side-street, headed straight for him.

The next thing he heard was the screeching of braking tires and the exasperated laying on of a car horn as he turned, like a deer in headlights, to stare down the grill of the vehicle that had stopped mere inches away from plowing into him where he stood in the center of the street. The driver of the car was visible through the tinted windshield, making obscene gestures and shouting unintelligibly for Milo to get the Hell out of the way. Behind him, Milo thought he spied the silhouettes of two figures peering darkly out at him from the back seat of the sedan.

Suddenly-and-quite-inappropriately embarrassed at his faux pas of standing in the middle of a street—as though he were not just in the midst of a battle to the death with a violent criminal—Milo bowed his head a little and offered the driver a sincere apology before he half-skipped, half-limped across the pavement the rest of the way to the opposite side of the street, letting the sedan pass him by.

… Only it wasn’t just a sedan. Milo didn’t realize how he hadn’t noticed them until now…

As the car pulled past him, Milo counted fifteen other cars—all of them jet black SUVs with tinted windows—followed behind the lead car.

Milo watched as the line of cars filed down the street before they all took a turn, heading deeper into the South district. He was unsure of what to make of any of it, but he also didn’t have time to ponder the reason for such a motorcade to take such an obscure route to wherever it was they were going.

He still had a fight to win.

>>> To The Next Post

Odessa Vidal
PARTICIPANTS:
Chikage, Jaimme, Billie, Odessa, Carter (Pending)
INSUFFICIENT DETAILS
<<< Remember

“What do you want? For the girl, you can have it.”

What did she want?

What a silly question.

“You know your little monologue was almost entertaining. See girlie you should be proud they instantly recognized your worth. Now the question is… how long will that last?”

She let out a chuckle as she brought herself low to the girl’s shoulder resting her head on the girl like she was an old friend. She brought her face close to the girl’s ear as she whispered so the girl alone could hear.

“You’re a precious civilian now when its convenient. When saving you would earn them laurels. But when the immediate danger is over and the boogymen go back to their swamp who will save you then? Even when I let you go now… you’ll always wish I hadn’t. When life comes to rip you a new one they won’t save you. You’ll won’t even be a footnote in the history of someone’s textbook. Just another tag on the slab of a morgue. Just anther tragedy of the gang violence. And I won’t need to lift a finger.”

As she spoke she weaseled her way into pocketing the girl’s ID a name and a face was all she needed. With that she lifted her head once more as she started to let up on the grip on the girl. She didn’t need the girl anymore and never truly did. But the girl was interesting and that mean she might as well leave the hooks in the girl. She might leave but she’ll come crawling back. With one long drag of her fingers through the girl’s hair she looked back to Chikage.

“For the girl? Nothing. I just wanted to see what you’d do. Congratulations you stereo typical pig I never had any intention of keeping her.”

With that she let go of the girl completely.

“Well go on your white knight wants to save you.”

The teen began to drag her feet as she hesitantly stepped forwards dartting her head between Dreamer and Beast as her steps quickened the further she was from them before dashing the final stretch grabbing on to the nearest police officer trembling as incoherent sobs came from the girl.

“Ah, she almost reminds me of myself. -Tell me do you think you can reality make any change into the way this city has become? Do you have such delusions of grandeur? Or are you just looking for a nice way to flaunt your power? How deep do you think the problems of this city go?”

She clennched her curling the upper digits hearing them creak as her long fingernails laid against the skin of wrists. She darted her eyes around her looking for another target. This time one more fun to play with.

>>> To The Next Post

Ra Yahya
CS Link
SCENE:
PARTICIPANTS:
Ra, Dyne, Shiri, Ruriko, Hou
THE CHILD

As the duo ventured deeper into the alley, Ra calmly took in the sights. the dirty backstreets had a familiarity to them, despite him not having been there. Perhaps it was the rotten smell of old food assaulting his nose, or the littering of trash scattered about wherever his golden gaze fell upon, but it felt not to dissimilar to something he man would have found himself long ago. Minus the sand, of course.

He should come back and clean this backstreet some time.

Running his hand along the wall as they walked, Ra kept track of how long they alley ran as well as leave small circles of gold inlaid into the stones to which he touched, in case the perpetrator decided on running back this way. as the glittering of such a change of material faded, they arrived at the scene. He smelt them before he saw them, a welcome smell of fresh food in contrast to the surrounding grime. What he did not expect however, was a very unkempt child and a traditionally dressed man. Were they a Dragon? He should really ask for a photo album. Dyne and the man began to talk first; Ra was content to smile and bow slightly, showing that at least for the moment he meant no harm. As he leaned forward to do so, the foreign man became keenly aware of water droplets falling onto his back once more, despite being next to the shield bearer. So that was how it was to break down. Hopefully things would remain peaceful, he did not wish to exercise his potential over something so easily remedied.

However, that was not to be. The child backed up into the barrier, turned hostile, and took to the skies. Worrying bone sounds aside, this job had just become more difficult. Another individual showed up and ran after the child, holding a butterfly knife. Then a senior member arrived in a portal, to which Ra broke into a smile of recognition. "Ah! it is Miss Ruriko! Hello! It is nice to see you! Has your day been all of rights?" he greeted with a wave, sliding his foot along the ground as a layer of gold appeared where it touched. He should probably take to the air, it would be easier to follow their charge. He did not want them to get into more trouble, and the knife wilding man with him seemed like they would enable trouble to happen. If the redhead hurt the child, Ra feared his health would decline rapidly. That was hardly good, was it not?

As he turned to look towards Dyne, the discs of gold he left just prior rushed to rejoin their creator. They melted and joined to form an ornate staff, before becoming solid once more. "The correct action would be to give hunt, no? We can follow in air, if one would like?"

DYNE ENJYRE
SCENE:
PARTICIPANTS:
Dyne, Ra, Hou, Ruriko, Shiri
THE CHILD
>>Previous Post

Dyne found herself smiling as the child smacked into her barrier, some mild amusement through the use of her Potential. However, her expression changed as the child took flight. She shifted her focus above, but her barrier formed too slow. The Child was scot-free.

"Oh, let's hurry now." Dyne stopped caring for the rain and propelled her steps with small fields to catch up with Ra. The light rain soaked through her hugging dress, much to her dissatisfaction. It couldn't be helped; her control over her Potential was lackluster and she could barely focus on two points at once.

They did not need to run far before they arrived at the stand-off between the attractive red-haired man and Senior Ruriko. Ra went to greet her, and Dyne followed with a little bow of her own and a flattering smile. "Hello, Senior."

Really, how troublesome this matter had became. She didn't know why the child had so many people on him, but it was getting out of hand. She pursed her lips as she thought. Should she give hunt? Really, a cabbage stall was a small matter compared to everything and Ra Darling already compensated the seller by hundred folds.

"Let's take the child first, Darling. I'll support you from below."
As much as she felt like it was troublesome, she couldn't slack off with Ra and Senior Ruri around. Flying wasn't effortless for Dyne yet. She leapt for the roof instead, where she would try to prevent escape if the young man or child try to escape.

>>> To The Next Post

TAILING THE DRAGON'S HEART, TRI SIDE
SCENE:
Serpents Arc 2: Scene 3 [Tailing the Dragon's Heart]
PARTICIPANTS:
Anna, Tri, Yuto, Kisara, Bash
Tailing The Dragon's Heart
Right about now, Anna was feeling like she wanted to melt herself. She wanted to turn herself into a puddle and then slither away from everybody who might've heard even a syllable of what Tri had just spent the last few minutes saying. It was just about the most embarrassing sequence of words that Tri, no, that anybody had spoken about her in a long time, and she was just sitting there and taking it.

Well, that last part wasn't particularly unusual.

Paris, at least, had been spared the knowledge of his part of the slander, though she didn't even want to think about what sort of expression his face would twist into if she told him about it. It'd probably be for the best if she left this particular part of the day out of her report.

"Um." Anna lurched up behind Tri as he harassed the receptionist. "Somewhere high up, too, please. My... B-bro- He likes to enjoy himself with a view."

From behind a pair of thick-rimmed glasses the receptionist, who was a neatly dressed woman with emptiness in her eyes, scrutinized the pair of fools that were Tri and Anna. She adjusted her glasses, and then flipped through the ledger neatly nestled in front of her. She, like the rest of the Rabbit's interior, was trimmed and manicured to the nth degree. A proper example of professionalism, unlike the two men standing guard outside the door.

"We do have a few suites availiable. Two on the top floor, and one on the floor below." She spoke dismissively, her eyes not leaving the ledger. "Pay is up front, though. I assume you didn't give those two idiots out front everything you had on you?" With a flick of her wrist, and a jostling of her keyboard, she printed a receipt, and slid it over to the pair of incognito Serpents.

"Four thousand. That's one thousand for each of the rooms for an hour, and another thousand as insurance." The woman's eyes, finally, left her desk, and glared towards the cavalcade of gadgets that were crammed into Tri and Anna's hands. "If you want to book any of the rooms in advance, then let me know on your way out."

Anna's eyes figuratively and literally bulged out of her skull at the figure the woman presented. She was well used to seeing big numbers with dollar signs next to them, especially printed out on exorbitant bills, but those had always been for medical fees. Were people really willing to pay this much to have sex in a fancy bed?

"Cash or credit?" The woman, who still had not introduced herself, though her name tag read Roxanne,reached beneath her desk, produced a handful of keys, and laid them down on her side of the desk. She eyed the pair expectantly. "We don't do payment plans."

Anna shuffled over to Tri's side, the muzzle of her mask pressing up against his ear.

"I don't have this." She stated, obviously. "Do you have this?"

BLITZ (Boltius Beckman)
SCENE:
The Recruit
PARTICIPANTS:
Boltius, Hector @FangS31, Darren, Milo Elenion Aura Elenion Aura
THE RECRUIT
Boltius waited for a response but none came.

He yelled again, “IF Y’ALL DON’T QUIT FUCKIN’ IGNORING ME!”

Hector snapped back just then and looked askance at Boltius. YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HERE. MY FIGHT, BOLTIUS. MY FIGHT. YOU WANNA GET INVOLVED, THEN WAIT YOUR FUCKING TURN.”

Boltius seethed, clenching tight fists at his sides, but whatever retort or retaliation was next to come never did. There was only light and the loud, booming thunder of over 100 decibels that sent him stumbling back on his ass.

Blinded, he saw only white. Disoriented, he’d lost his grip on his surroundings and sense of direction. And deafened, he heard only a high-pitched ring.

Boltius got to his hands and knees and felt around—his eyes were wide and blinking—and he shook his head like a wet dog in a half-successful attempt to regain his senses. The world in all its vividness and color was starting to return.

As he labored to his feet with little grace, he felt something—or someone. Two hands came up under his arms and locked around his chest to lift him. It was Darren. Boltius could feel himself being pulled backwards and put his feet to work to help take some weight off.

Still, the world was mostly pale, and the sharp whistle had yet left his ears.

He may have been a stubborn fool from time to time, but Boltius was always one to admit when he needed a hand, and right now he did.

“You alright?” asked Darren but Boltius couldn’t hear, so he repeated it louder.

And Boltius rubbed his eyes and nodded, giving a few concentrated blinks to test his vision. “YEAH-YEAH.”

“It got you g-”

“YEAH, I’M ALRIGHT.”

Darren nodded. “It got you good.”

“FUCK YEAH IT DID.” Boltius sounded almost amused, talking at a volume meant to overcome the still-persisting tinnitus that only he could hear. Darren stayed by his side to monitor his state and make sure the bang hadn’t inflicted any damage. So far, he seemed fine.

“This is some bullshit, Dare.”

“Seems like pretty normal stuff… If…” Darren shrugged, sighed, and never finished his sentence.

“Nah, it’s some bullshit.” Boltius wiggled a finger in his own ear, cringing, then noticed as a jet-black SUV came barreling down the street, and Milo directly in its path. But he’d noticed too late to say anything before the driver slammed on their brakes and the vehicle came screeching to a halt.

Boltius scoffed at the scene, watching as Milo made way for the SUV. One, two, three… What the shit? They just kept coming. Fifteen jet-black SUVs just like the first, each taking the same turn in a single-file line and disappearing one-by-one.

At first, Boltius didn’t view the sight with hard suspicion, finding it mostly strange, but then Darren said something that stirred him.

“That’s the direction of Lyric’s.”

And Boltius jerked his head toward the former Ace, throwing a hand at said man’s chest to grab him by the shirt on a violent whim of passion, “DO YOU THINK IT’S SOMETHIN’!?”

Both of Darren’s hands came up, his expression weary as if just being beside the fiery-haired Phoenix was draining him of all enthusiasm and energy, and he blew a tired breath. “If my intuition is right, it could be…”

Boltius let him go. “AY, HECTOR!... ACE!... ASSHOLE!” If the Ace were to ignore him, the obscenities would persist, but with acknowledgement, Boltius would gesture toward the out-of-sight motorcade and shake his head at Hector, “YOU THINK MAYBE PUTTIN’ A PAUSE ON YOUR LITTLE DANCE-SESSION, MR. MY-FIGHT AND DOIN’ YOUR REAL JOB!?”

Deep down, beneath the surface of his bad attitude, Boltius did respect Hector. But such respect could often be undermined by his inability to control his emotions.

He was pissed, but he’d forgotten why, and trying to find the reason would only make it worse.

In all fairness, Hector was never not doing his job.
BOLTIUS NOTES​
— —He's wearing the outfit in his image.

— —Tattoo Reference (X)

— —Physique Reference, since his face-claim art doesn't accurately depict it (X) (X)

— —Boltius and Hector's food dishes are, like... idfk, set off to the side somewhere :wheeze:

— —SCENE DESCRIPTION: On their way to Lyric's dinner, Hector, Boltius, and Darren were approached by a prepared Milo Nagisa who challenged Hector to a fight, claiming he'd become the next Ace of the Scarlet Phoenixes. The battle ensued—Milo's pulling out all the stops; Hector's ready to kill. Meanwhile, a shocked Boltius—to see Milo again for the first time in years—stood on the side-lines until he finally worked up the temper to intervene (wishing not to see Milo killed), much to Hector's frustration. Following a surprise flashbang from Milo when it seemed his loss was near, Boltius was caught off guard, but Milo and Hector kept fighting until an unexpected SUV brought their bout to another pause.

Last edited:
Scene: Tigers/Phoenix Arc 2, [A Dangerous Game/Home Cookin’]
Participants: Alex, Auvura, Isobel, Ezra

Everything happened in a flash. At Isobel’s whistle, Mbaye appeared in the frame of the window and swiftly pulled the ivory claw from Auvura’s hand as she awoke, blood still streaming from her eyes and nose, using his telekinesis. “Isobel, we need to move.” He said in a tone that was far too calm for the situation but she also wasn’t going to argue with that sentiment..

She turned to make her escape just as an uproar of essence swelled out from Auvura’s body. The white haired woman’s back expelled several long, wispy, tendrils which whipped out, inches from Isobel’s face, and latched itself onto the claw. The pool of essence, stretched out, began to pull back like a fishing line being reeled in, stealing it back from Mbaye. In a panic, Isobel leapt forward without thinking and grabbed the claw with both hands in an effort to intercept it.

Auvura raised her arms and the stream connected to the four main tendrils and began to pull back harder. As hard as she tried to fight it, Isobel’s own strength was nowhere near the strength of Auvura’s potential and her feet slowly dragged across the carpeted floor of Alex’s bedroom.Suddenly, she felt an unseen force tug her in the opposite direction, out the window she’d come in. Like a deus ex machina, her feet lifted off the ground as if they had a mind of their own and pulled her in the opposite direction, miraculously giving her the extra help needed to resist Auvura’s ghostly tendrils.

Hanging mid-air in the middle of Alex’s room like one end of the rope in a bizarre tug-o-war, Isobel could safely say she had absolutely no idea what the heck was happening.

Watching the chaos unfold, Alex started to generate and release his oily, iridescent energy from his body, slowly spilling out of each and every pore of his skin. "Isobel, just let go of it." Alex knew there was a fat chance the tiger would listen, and he was right for all he got was a sharp glare in return, but he felt that it was worthwhile saying anyway as he collected himself after getting pushed. Nevertheless, even though he had been upset about getting pushed by an outside power, Alex and Isobel had never resulted to violence in the past, not to this point, so the Phoenix’s Jack tried his best to keep his inner demons in check.

As things were starting to look very bad for the Tiger’s Jack, a figure came zooming in through the window and landed behind her. As they did, she felt the source of the strange force grow closer although it never dissipated. “Wait!” The familiar voice shouted, grabbing the room’s attention. As it turns out, there was no god out of the machine. There was only Ezra.

"So the attackers wish to make demands of those defending their house?” Auvura responded to Ezra’s plea for peace. “At which point did raiding the king of a gang's home not come as an open act of war? After scrying the object it's not quite that simple, I don't think you realise what you are holding." Clearing her throat she raised her voice so those downstairs could hear. "We have thieves in Alex's room. Could use assistance." Auvura was slightly amused with the mental gymnastics. In the end it would be their king's choice, but this was unacceptable.

Using Auvura's shouting as a signal, Alex pooled the energy that had been releasing from his body into two tungsten javelin-like rods with spiral drill-like grooves running their lengths, each one ending in a point, that floated above his head . "Unless you have something to offer, to negotiate with, I recommend you leave now. You had the opportunity to do this peacefully, Isobel, and you threw it in my face!" Alex's anger was starting to bleed through and anyone watching could tell the moment the male tiger came through the window, Alex's mood took a dive. Still, Alex was trying his best not to lash out. Why should I? They're invading my home! They surely accepted that there would be losses. The thought stuck with Alex as he aimed one of his spiked tungsten rods at Ezra’s eye. "So, what will it be? Are you leaving, or offering something I don't already have? And if you do neither, I won't hesitate to add a coat of red to my walls." The rod started spinning in place like a drill, while the tungsten hand that was holding his hammock bolted across the ceiling, shifted downwards to attempt to grab the claw.

Last edited:
LYRIC ASTON CRIANZA
Lyric and Alex's Townhome, South District
PARTICIPANTS:
Alex, Ashley, Auvura, Corvo, Lyric, Yong-Yut, Vulken, Amelie
HOME COOKIN'
<<< Remember

“...Thank you, Miss Lyric…”

“Of course Amé. Vulken and YY brought you in and that makes you one of us now. Family always looks out for each other kid.”

She stood back up letting the pack play with the little one as she leaned herself back on the counter just in time to see Yong leave. The crowd of course. Well that Yong-Yut came at all was more than enough. She gave her a soft smile that she wasn’t sure the other woman would even catch before turning back hearing Ashley start to introduce himself to the group.

"Name's Ash."

She paused as she watched the two interact enjoying the air they brought to the room. The kid was unexpected but hopefully it would be the change they needed. Nothing mended the heart quite like sharing it.

"By the way, when you came in, you didn't happen to leave the door open for Romero, did you? He tends to get antsy when I tell him to stay, I doubt he'd listen for long."

“Why’d you go and leave him out like that? Poor pup. Were you worried wth all the new people or something?”

She was going to open up the door herself to let Romero into the suite when she heard Vulken’s voice explain just how he found Amelie.

“..ain’t mine! I just know– well, I knew her Pops.”

She stopped near dead in her tracks as she turned back around to face him.

“You don’t mean-”

She dropped it almost as immediately as she started when she realized the mixture of company. She glanced back to Amelie and began to notice details she’d initially dismissed. She’d corner him latter, there was no need for Ash or Corvo to hear and worry abut old wounds. But old or not when you scratched deep enough it’d bleed. She could only imagine it was more pain layered on an already festering wound.

“Delicious, as usual, babe. I hope you didn’t expect me to say somethin’ other than that.”

She cracked a smirk his way as she went to lower the burner.

“Good. I’d have to toss you back to the hospital if you came back with your taste buds fucked up.”

“...YY. Get off the floor. And don’t turn around yet.”

“He’s not a bad dog, Kenny.”

She laughed at the argument finding it funny that Vulken would be more worried with the dog being a few feet from YY rather than the three apex predators that were currently rubbing up to little Amelie. She could only imagine how what a well trained attack dog Corvo must keep.

“Keep it up Cor anything that can spook Vulken must be quite the pooch.”

A knock at the door caught her attention as she made her way to the entrance. She saw the door open and Suzu come in with her own sunscreen dripping in golbets onto her clothes. Before she could get half a word in for the girl to wash her face and change Suzu was already starting her greeting.

“Hello. There are fifty black SUVs approaching this building.”

“Huh? SUV’s?”

She ran through her mind remembering each group on clean up this week. Bernardo’s group with their trucks, definitely not them. Merlot had a few SUV’s under her team, but they should have been on the west end. Kamui’s team had a decent amount and were probably around but either Suzu was exaggerating or it wasn’t them. Another glob dropped and Lyric grabbed a towel and a spray bottle she kept in the closet for people who dared to come bloody into her home.

While she’d usually spray the person directly in the case of trailing blood in her home she instead chose to spare the towel in her hands. She made a quick attempt to wipe off the sunscreen and sweat from the other woman.

“Suzu, what the heck are you going on about this time-”

"We have thieves in Alex's room. Could use assistance."

“-What the fuck.”

With that she set down the towel on the counter.

“Ares, Athena, Ventisca. Protect Amelie.

With that cats began to huddle up closer to the girl as Lyric started to speed her way up the starcase.

“I HAVE RATS TO CLEAN OUT OF MY HOUSE.”

>>> To The Next Post

Scene: Tigers/Phoenix Arc 2, [A Dangerous Game/Home Cookin']
Participants: Alex, Auvura, Isobel, Ezra

It had only been a minute or two since Isobel had climbed down and into the window, Callahan was busy inspecting some birds, lazily circling about the skyline above, when he heard the chaos erupting just below himself.

The plan had gone to high Hell, he could tell, when he heard Auvura shout something about ‘Thieves’ and ‘Requiring assistance’. At that, Cal could feel his own blood run cold. Hadn’t the plan been so quick and simple? What went wrong?

Dropping his head over the edge, he tried to catch glimpses of… anything, really; signs of struggle, movement below, perhaps Isobel had gotten out and was on the escape while the Phoenixes inside had become aware of the theft?

No, there was still someone talking. A voice Cal recognized, actually, though it was too faint to make out in the breeze one often feels when one stands twenty stories high into the sky. There was no time to contemplate that just yet, anyways.

With his ladder planted firmly against the ground below, Callahan snapped off the top rung, and with his other hand on the roof’s edge, he half climbed and half swung himself down towards the window in question. The concrete and roofing became rather compacted in his grip as Cal found himself landing and rolling unceremoniously into full view of everyone.

“Hang on, Mouse! I’ve got– Sam?!” Callahan practically shouted when he saw Alex, as he scrambled to both stand, and swivel his head around to soak in the scene around himself. The tendrils, the hand, the people… it was jarring, considering all the potentials in use at that moment, but Cal was quick to move to Isobel’s assistance regardless. First, trying to swing and swipe at the tendrils that had the claw in their grasp as he watched Alex in shock, “H-Hey! What are you doing here, bud? Mind giving me a hand?”

Well, that got a chuckle out of himself when he saw the large metal hand Alex was already moving towards them… but he sure didn’t think its goal was to stop them from escaping, so he instead turned back to the tendrils, which were obstinately disregarding his attempts to push them away.

So he stepped between them. In extending his ladder down into (yes, into) the floor to give himself a foothold, Cal placed both hands onto the claw, and moved out between Isobel and Auvura. His intent was to push with all his might to counteract the tendrils’ pull…

But his rather massive frame provided enough cover in the crossfire to cause the tendrils to dissipate, temporarily. With his eyes still closed, when Callahan shoved, he ended up practically, accidentally, shoving Isobel out the window... considering she was midair when she received the full force of Cal's press.

It seemed like victory, all things considered! Till he started to feel something punching a hole in his back…

SCENE:
Shaded Alley → Rooftops, The Markets, East District
PARTICIPANTS:
Dyne, Ra, Shiri, Hou, Ruriko
THE CHILD

If Hou had still been rummaging in the bag, he would have had no chance of avoiding the sheathed sword, as it stood, he saw the portal out of the corner of his eye and ducked. The scabbard narrowly missed his head as he bent backwards, the wood lightly grazing his wild hair. After that Hou overbalanced, lurched passed the portal and rolled. The knife dropped down into an alley and out of sight. He came to a stop sitting with his back against a rooftop door, a wide grin on his face.

Whoa! That almost hit me. You’re pretty good.
He rose, dusting loose mortar and gravel off his ripped jeans, seeming none too suspicious of the figure that had just attacked him.
I’m not chasing after kids. I ran into him a little while back. This stuff is his.” Hou answered honestly. It was, at least as far as he was concerned. Hou had noticed the child didn't have much. It was tough being a kid on the streets, so Hou had "acquired" some things for him. It had taken a bit of effort to find the kid again.

Why are you chasing after little kids?” He countered with a juvenile lilt to his voice. Hou seemed not to think too much about the situation, and yet, whether intentional or not, he had placed himself between the child and Ruriko.

It wasn’t long before another person appeared on the rooftops. A woman, and one that certainly did not look like she belonged on a city rooftop.

Hou pursed his lips. It looked like he was deep in thought for a moment. Then he turned in the direction of the child, thumbing at Dyne behind him.
Hey Junior, you know these guys?

Masked Concertgoer S & N
SCENE:
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri, Daemon, Sabrina, Dagger, Fahru, Masker Concertgoer K, Minato, Osamu
All Proceeds
N sat unflinching within Sabrina's grasp. His brow creased, and his attention shifted over to S.

"H-hold on a sec!" S yelped, practically hopping out of her skin when Sabrina took her partner in crime by the collar. "We just had the wrong people! Um- If you'll just let us be on our way, we'll be out of your hair! No need to pay for anything! In fact-!" S shoved her hands in her pockets, and withdrew her wallet, equally as gaudy as her earrings, from within.

"We'll pay you! Just um- Please don't let anyone know about this! S-super uh- Embarrassing! Yeah! Super embarrassing!" While she fumbled about with her words, S struggled in equal turn with her wallet. Her fingernails, manicured and painted to a candy-coated perfection, tapped against the rhinestone-laden surface of the wallet noisy as she failed to open it three times too many. Upon the fourth attempt, the wallet, finally, opened with a snap.

"Here!" She yelled, just a little too loud, as she divided the contents of her wallet between Sabrina and Kazue. It was something close to one-hundred and ten dollars each. "Don't be party poopers, okay? Nik-" S's eyes shot out of her skull as she, just barely, caught the word that was about to leave her mouth. "N-Nikki! Nikki. And. I. Were just looking for our friend and... Well, you know, masks and all, haha!" Her laugh was about as convincing as a bad politician's smile. "So um-"

"Hands off." N, finally, interjected. "You reek."

"Uh- What he means is-!" S jolted an inch closer to N and Sabrina.

"I hate alcohol, you know that? Let me go." He reached into his pocket, and his fingers wrapped around something cold and metalic. At the same time, the stadium lights started to dim. N's grimace deepened.

Where the pure light white of the stadium's general lighting faded, an equally soft, and equally blazing neon pink came to replace it. Spewing out of the commentary office above, an innumerable procession of bright, ethereal stars, hearts, and petals poured out, some hanging in the sky, and others drifting down for the audience to toy with as they liked. In tandem, the generic backing tracks that filled the dead silence between performances faded out, making way for a preparatory stillness. It was showtime.

"W-We're in a hurry!" S stammered out, her emotions now caught somewhere between panic and awe. "Please! I just wanna enjoy the show!"

Last edited:
El'Liberators
SCENE:
Insufficient Details
Central District, Lower Level; Around the block from Mach Sling
PARTICIPANTS:
Chikage, Jaimme, Billie, Odessa, Yuudai
INSUFFICIENT DETAILS
The black 2006 Ford Fusion raced savagely down the highway. The engine roared uncharacteristically, leading one to believe that the true make-up of the old vehicle wasn’t quite what it seemed.

Sophira behind the wheel—she cut every turn sharp and disobeyed any impeding traffic law.

Coming upon a stoplight where both lanes were jammed with traffic, she floored the gas and narrowed her eyes in concentration. And as the grill of the Ford Fusion came near centimeters from kissing the rear of a red Honda, it suddenly vanished with a digital-like glitching of its body, then reappeared across the intersection at the front of the queue and sped on.

4a8f13ac0c69967a0f2cdd5fc4bf1a37.png
Sophira clicked her tongue and beat the horn, “NNNNNOICE!”

Meanwhile, Synchrony descended the slope to Lower Central at a steady pace, holding a cell phone to her ear with one hand on the steering wheel of the sportscar.

326-3264090_photo-wallpaper-girl-background-fiction-black-clothes-anime (1).png
“Sophira’s in their area… I think… A civilian safety- Yeah…” She nodded to the person on the other end of the line. “Yeah… I’m on my way, so I’ll assess the situation when I get there… Okay, got it. Mmhm, bye.”

ROCCHI (Nakazajo Chikage)
SCENE:
Insufficient Details
Lower Central District; Around the block from Mach Sling
PARTICIPANTS:
Chikage, Jaimme, Billie, Odessa, Yuudai
INSUFFICIENT DETAILS

<<< Remember

Chikage noticed but did not acknowledge the Serpent King’s slow transformation. His demeanor remained unchanged as he stood awaiting a deal to be made for the young girl’s life. Only one never came—just insults—and the girl was set free.

She made it into the arms of the nearest police officer at the opposite street-end of Chikage, and they assisted her into a cruiser. They needed no orders from the Captain, having trained for these situations, and proceeded on their own in removing her from the scene.

Meanwhile, Chikage thought carefully about his answer to Dreamer’s question.

Do I think I can make a change? He’d wondered this many times without dwelling too hard. But he’d never been outwardly asked…

“If not me, then someone else will. One person at a time.” Chikage paused, red orbs switching cautiously between the Beauty and the Beast. “If we can scratch the surface…” We because he knew he wasn’t alone in his fight. “In even the slightest…” And he believed they already had. “Then may the ones who follow in our stead take what we have started and finish it… This city did not die in a day, and as such it will not thrive again in one.”

He remembered a poem he’d once read…

I am only one,
But still I am one.
I cannot do everything,
But still I can do something;
And because I cannot do everything,
I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.

It was neither credit, recognition, nor self-satisfaction for personal achievement that he sought. Chikage needed no such grandeur.

His hand inched slowly for the pouch on his hip, hanging from his utility belt. Within that pouch were 10-millimeter tungsten balls that he preferred over his gun—twenty shiny gray marbles of destruction with the right throw.

Chikage withdrew three of them, and he rolled them in his hand as he paced steadily with eyes on Yuudai. In the distance, the violent snarling of an engine thundered. Elsewhere, Oliver Lawless tipped his sunglasses with intrigue and thought to himself he ought to pick up the pace. Meanwhile, the two officers who had been tasked with clearing the area were making their last rounds, one of which mouthed his walkie and pressed the button to talk.

Krzzt—”Captain, the area is clear.” They’d stuck carefully to the alleyways, slinking in through the backs of buildings to search for innocent civilians in hiding. The public safety announcement could only serve so useful.

At the message, the corner of Chikage’s mouth twitched avidly and a flush of adrenaline rushed through him. “I intend to do what I can, and that means never passing up the opportunity to save a life.” A shadow cast over his eyes. “Or take the right one.” He reared back his arm and readied to throw.

The vrooming of the aforementioned engine howled louder then, and to seek its source one would find a jet-black 2006 Ford Fusion barrelling down the street for the two remaining police cruisers at the opposite end of which Chikage had arrived.

The vehicle showed no signs of slowing down. Several officers turned their heads to witness it rushing up to meet them, their concerns voiced in the form of a collective murmur of frantic exasperation, but right when it seemed they’d be struck, the car was gone with a flicker and the sound of its engine too.

Chikage’s hand flung forward, releasing one of the tungsten balls with greater force and momentum than that of a standard firearm. And as it whizzed through the air for the King of the Serpents, the Ford Fusion reappeared beyond the police cruisers and rammed the Captain before he could react. Its hood caved in and Chikage flew backwards into the windshield of his personal vehicle, crushing it like a bag of chips with his arms and legs sprawled and his head back against the car’s roof.

The officers closest to him immediately sprung to his aid.

There, in the middle of the road, the Ford Fusion spun out and ultimately stopped. Then after a few seconds passed, out stepped a young woman in a green tracksuit with orange-bobbed hair. Taigakitt Taigakitt BriiAngelic BriiAngelic
CHIKAGE NOTES​
— —The majority of the front, right half of Chikage's body is badly scarred from burns, stopping halfway up his neck. The skin is distorted and unpleasant to look at. For this reason, he wears a black, leather glove always covering his right hand, and usually wears long-sleeved, concealing clothes. Reference (X)

— —In this specific scene, Chikage is wearing his officer's uniform.

— —SCENE DESCRIPTION: After receiving word that Beast and Dreamer of the Sable Serpents were in the area, Chikage set out to take them down. Upon arrival, he ordered two officers to do a sweep for civilians, then proceeded to talk principles and philosophies with the two Serpents. At one point, Odessa got her hands on a civilian woman, whose life she waved in front of Chikage before eventually letting the woman go. Two officers left the scene to get the woman to safety. Then, once he received word from his officers that the area had been cleared, Chikage made his move, but when he did... so did Sophira of Element Liberation. What will Yuudai and Odessa do next? And how will the twins, Jaimmé and Billie react?

— —There are a total of four basic police officers and four cruisers, counting Chikage's personal vehicle, on one end of the street. On the other end, there are two cruisers and four additional police officers. Also, there are two more officers skulking around the surrounding buildings per Chikage's orders to do a civilian sweep. Odessa and Yuudai are on the sidewalk at the center of the convergence, and there are two dead bodies lying on the ground near them. Billie and Jaimmé are hiding around one of the buildings, waiting to strike.

>>> To Next Post

Last edited:
Passeri Park
SCENE:
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri, Daemon, Sabrina, Dagger, Fahru, Masker Concertgoer K, Minato
All Proceeds
"You know, guys..." Passeri's voice was strained. She appreciated the hubbub over her safety, but, like, really. "I might look it, but I like to think I'm no damsel!"

For emphasis, Passeri splayed her hands and a smattering of pink, glowing shapes drifted out from her fingertips. A reminder that, in fact, everybody in this room was just as much of an HP as everybody else.

"I want you guys to remember that the top priority isn't me! It's the audience, okay?" The constructs Passeri had materialized into the room floated about lazily. The glow they cast, though egregiously pink, filled the room with a certain sense of seriousness that her previous words had lacked. "I can take care of myself! Really! But most of the people down there are NPs, you know? If something's up, they'll be the worst off! So, please, keep that in mind!" Passeri's smile remained fixed on her face, but it left her eyes ever so slightly.

This wasn't something she could laugh off if they fucked it up.

"I hope we have an understanding!" With a clap of her hands, more of her constructs then started to fill the room at a steady pace. The dull pink light that haunted gradually started to pollute the air more and more, until it more resembled a sorority dormitory than it did a football commentary station. "I've got to get on stage soon, so I'm counting on you guys!"

Passeri shot them a final grin, and then turned back to her previous station. Hopefully, they weren't going to be too stubborn about this.

"Dagger?" Passeri spoke, snatching her phone back into her hands. "How are things on your end now? The show's about to start, so... Try to keep things subtle for me, would you? I don't know if that's unreasonable but... I'll pay you double? Triple? That's how important it is! Kay?" She shot her a finger gun, and a wink, before remembering that she was on the phone with her.

"And- I was just talking to the other two about this- Audience comes first, okay?" Outside of the station, the stadium started to dim. "Kinda running out of time here, but I'm trusting you, kay? Kisses! I'll see you after the show!"

After waiting for Dagger's appropriately Daggerish response, Passeri dropped the phone to her side, and hefted a lengthy sigh. There was always so much to keep track of.

Then, she snapped to attention. With a second, much firmer clap of her hands, the stars, hearts and petals that Passeri had inundated the room with, which had now grown so thick that it was hard to look past them, froze in place, and then started to flow towards the window. They spewed out only moments after Passeri slid the window open, covering the upper stratosphere of the stadium and then drifting down below.

The crowd first when silent, and then started to mutter amongst themselves in excitement. Some rushed to fetch refreshments before the main event, while others frolicked about with the products of Passeri's, or rather, Iroi's Potential. Above them all, Passeri looked down with a lick of satisfaction in her eyes, which now glowed a bit less brightly. This was her favourite trick.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back