• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Callan (Dante) | East | The Palace

The waiter's name, was Bartholomew. Or 'Tholly' as he had asked, and been allowed to nickname him.

The conversation with Tholly while short-lived once Meirin had made it obvious she had seen him and was approaching, was nice. Dante had been simple with the chit chat so as not to make the thirty-four year old feel uncomfortable or awkward. He'd asked simple questions about how his day was- broken it down to asking how he had been doing since recent circumstances in the District, then bought Tholly a drink of non-alcoholic form so he could relax a bit while they chatted. It had been nice. They had chatted about some of the stress, he had given him some gentle advice, then they'd talked about his little interest in audio editing- some projects he was working on- his tastes in music which Dante, Callan, had shared some of his own before the lean waiter had to excuse himself/

This was what made being Callan dangerous. Callan had been designed to be charming, engaging, and illusive. Traits, all possessed by the creator- but magnified with a different form and different power. As Callan he could talk to almost anyone and insert a seed, a nagging thought in their head- like tending to a garden, that would grow and nag and nag in their heads till he was out of effect distance. As long as he remained within a mile radius, whomever had his seed inserted in their head would have thoughts whirled around it, like a nagging itch, ignorable but still there- and increasingly bothersome because it remained ever present if albeit, subtly.

With Tholly though, there was no need to use that power to convince him to stay, to chat, or to even share a drink. He'd noticed there was some tension in the way he walked and moved, a sort of tired expression on his face- so he'd invited him to sit and relax, convinced him to after getting up and having him take a seat across from him. A trap he was- but this trap had no reason to spring on the innocent, stressed out and somewhat sleep-deprived thirty-four year old he'd been talking to. He'd merely seen that the guy was exhausted, and could probaly use some kind of break.

For Tholly, the break seemed to have provided some relief as there was a bit of energy in him more than before he'd sat down.

Waving goodbye with a pleasant smile, Callan's lilac eyes shifted to look at the objects of beauty approaching his little spot.

With a swish of his long tail, Callan grinned a slightly fanged smile as he looked towards the giantess as she approached. "Nd I see yer lookin as fine as ever darlin" his tail flicked. Then his eyes turned towards Ruri as she joined them, giving her a pleasant nod at her greeting also.

At the question of why he was here, Dante chose to merely be honest. Ruriko's comment about the central bridge being destroyed was something he had heard briefly about. A bridge being down, but hadn't looked too much into it given other things. Turning his attention back to the question at hand though, he replied: "I wanted ta check up on you guys. I have coworkers that live here who'r a part of my sound editin crew n a few contractors in a couple places within the Night Life District that live within East, they gave me a notice on some o the stuff going on here." He explained. Wisely leaving the details out about the traffic incident, or the murder he'd heard about in particular.

"How r you both doing?" His accent turning heavy as he leaned onto the table and flicked his eyes between them with a concerned frown. "I rushed over here because I had to make sure neither of you were hurt." He sighed almost dramatically- and then with narrowed eyes, glanced between them both- as he spoke, a perfect copy of himself appeared at the table at his will, and mirrored his squint as well as his words, sounding like he was speaking double.

"Neither of you are hurt, right?" The Dante looked at Meirin, while his illusion copy looked at Ruri as it blinked into existence.

Both their tails still as a statue but curled in a question mark like fashion, both thin brows raised and lips pouted just so.

Bonus of being Callan, was that imagery was so easy to shape when dealing with illusions. Even more so when he could make the sounds just so.

Mentions: N/A

Interactions: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Beann Beann

CORVO CORDESCO
SCENE:
Phoenixes Arc 2: Scene 4 [Home Cookin']
Lyric and Alex's Townhome, South District
PARTICIPANTS:
Alex, Ashley, Auvura, Corvo, Lyric
HOME COOKIN'

Corvo.png

The stench of tobacco loomed a fair distance from the Phoenix leadership's home. Leaning against a car, the source of the smoke bided her time outside. Her dog, Romero—a doberman whose size made it practically identical to that of a lion—sat in the backseat of her car with the windows shut. She didn't want him to breathe in the smoke.

It's only been about a year since Corvo Cordesco joined the Phoenixes, and already she was seeing just how tightly knit this "family" was. The concept of their very King hosting a dinner at her own home for about any of the Phoenixes still caught her off guard. Perhaps this was the way of a benevolent ruling: get to know everyone who served you, and win their trust for a securer position. That, or this was the age-old method of letting everyone know they wouldn't ever be leaving. Either way, Corvo could only smirk at the idea.

The cigarette fell to the ground. The sole of her leather shoe stomped it out moments later.

As the wind blew the smell away, she unlocked the car door and Romero immediately hopped out, lolling his tongue at her. From the trunk, she retrieved two things: a bottle of wine, and her captive bolt pistol kit. Only the dog's panting filled the quiet as she waltzed over to the entrance.

At the door, Corvo rubbed the top of Romero's head. "Sit, boy." He promptly did so, finding a comfortable patch of land to lie on with. The doberman so enjoyed wrecking other people's property; the rookie did not feel like owing yet another table repair.

With a breath, she took the door knob and entered the household. She did not utter a word, making her way to the empty dining table where she gently placed the bottle of wine, Apothic Red. No sign of Alex, yet; Lyric appeared to be in the kitchen. Corvo then placed the small oxygen tank and the wrapped hose around the pistol section around a seat—it was hers, now.

Until someone spoke to her, she went on with free reign around the house; eyeing the decor, petting the three exotic animals present (who were far calmer than she could hope Romero to be), and just being a quiet presence.

Corvo hoped they wouldn't mind the scent of cigarette protruding from her suit.
unknown.png

Last edited:
Isaiah Spade
SCENE:
Dragons Arc 2: Scene 3 [Error 404]
PARTICIPANTS:
Isaiah, Kanna
ERROR 404
As he stepped out of the car, Isaiah met Kanna's silver-eyed gaze. When she commented on his illusions, his lips curved into a small smile. "I think it suits you." Chuckling, he shut the door and closed some of the distance between them. His friend wasn't in the best of moods, so he tried to lighten the atmosphere a bit before their mission truly began. It was best to go in with a clear head, but he was sure the Jack already knew that.

Like Kanna, Isaiah wore a face that was not his own. However, he wasn't wearing the usual "Fade" mask that he showed his fellow Dragons. He crafted a new identity for this investigation, one that could play the role of both Dragon and civilian when needed. With silver hair and blue eyes, he looked nothing like his other personas. He was even taller now, but that didn't have anything to do with his Potential. The shoes he was wearing just gave him a slight boost in height. Visually, he was unrecognizable, but his illusions did more than change his appearance. He spoke with a new voice, and he made sure to apply the same effect to his partner as well.

While Isaiah was responsible for altering their physical traits, Kanna contributed to the disguises by having Kasumi prepare fake IDs. Today, he'd go by the name Ray Pembroke, and "Octave" would be his alias. For the sake of keeping his identity a secret, he used every tool at his disposal.

When Kanna went to check her phone, Isaiah received a message at the same time. Guessing that they must have been texted by the same person, he reached into his pocket and pulled out his new burner. There was no name attached to the sender, but he knew that the number belonged to Mei. She asked him to keep her updated on any information regarding Swallowtail. Considering that the ex-brothel worker was one of the targets they were supposed to be tracking down, it would've been unfortunate if they ended up without any information to share with the Sleeping Giant.

"I'll let you know as soon as possible if we find anything out. If you need help with something, don't hesitate to reach out. Stay safe." As soon as he sent a response to Meirin, he deleted their conversation history.

Pocketing his phone, Isaiah nodded in response to Kanna's question. "That's fine with me. If you ever think one of us should take a stealthy approach, or if you need to change your look, just let me know." He'd let her take the lead on this one. She had the most experience with the three impostors, having met them during the battle on the bridge.

More than a week had gone by, but he hadn't stopped thinking about that terrible day. After the bridge collapsed, he spent several nights trying to find any sign of civilians who were presumed dead. It was a fruitless endeavor, but he couldn't just sit back and do nothing. He already failed to act when it mattered most.

Every mission was important, so he didn't regret his decision to stay focused on the murder investigation at that time. However, if he had handled things differently, it was possible that he and the others could have finished sooner and helped those who were in need. He didn't think much of his abilities, but he couldn't help but wonder if things could have been different if he was on that bridge. How many people could he have saved if he was there? Would they still be at war with the Phoenixes? Those questions would never be answered, but they'd sit in the back of his mind. He built up a reputation for being reliable, but his actions then were slothful. If you took away that reputation, he was nothing. That was all he had.

He carried all these feelings during the long week, but did he even have a right to them? To lament and ruminate over his shortcomings was nothing but shameful indulgence in self-pity. When he took everything else into account, his emotions meant nothing. That had always been true. Ever since he stepped foot into this world, his sentiments became a secondary concern. That's why he chose to accept them and move on. He would forget them and focus on repairing the damage in front of him.

The war with the Phoenixes was a major issue that affected everyone. Their fragile alliance had been shattered by a misunderstanding. He knew that conflict was inevitable in the underworld, but this one sprouted from something ridiculous, something that could have been avoided. It would make every death that resulted from this sting even more. Pointless deaths from Dragons, Phoenixes, and the civilians who would be caught in the crossfire. He didn't relish the thought of contributing to that toll. His hands may have already been stained with blood, but he avoided killing when possible. However, if he had no other choice, he would defend himself and his comrades. He was sure members of the Scarlet Phoenixes felt the same way. Neither side was wrong for wanting to defend the people close to them.

As of right now, the Dragons were fighting a war on two fronts. While the Cobalt Wolves were nowhere near as powerful as the Phoenixes, it'd make this meaningless war even harder to fight. The Eastern District could easily fall into chaos, but it was the responsibility of the Dragons to contain it. They protected every life they could. They preserved the peace. That's what they were supposed to do. So what was going through their King's head when he sank that bridge and condemned innocent people to their deaths?

He could understand the Phoenixes' reaction to the Dragons' apparent disregard for their truce. He could understand Shen defending the others when he arrived to see his allies being attacked. What he couldn't understand was the decision to destroy the bridge. He never would. He had always been loyal to the Dragons, and he always would be. However, those weren't the actions of a Dragon. What did that have to do with protecting the peace?

<<< Remember
>>> To Next Post

Last edited by a moderator:
MINATO MAEDA
SCENE:
Tigers Arc 2: Scene 6 [All Proceeds]
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri, Daemon, Sabrina, Dagger, Fahru, Masked Concertgoer K, Minato
ALL PROCEEDS
Passeri Park T-Shirt? Check. Passeri Park baseball cap? Check. Passeri Park, uh… Nope! That was it… WAIT!

Passeriparklanyard? Check, check, check.

Minato Maeda had a job to do. One that he’d been assigned during their pre-concert staff-only planning sesh… By none other than Miss Iroi herself! Which was, y’know, cool enough. Idols just weren’t really his thing.

”MERCHANDISE! CHEAPER THAN THE STUFF YOU’LL FIND INSIDE! Get ‘yer Passeri Park MERCH, here! Don’t miss ‘yer chance to own a little piece of the one-and-only Iroi!

Whaaaat? I respect tha’ hell outta her business model!

In spite of the job he’d been tasked with, Minato was currently hawking overpriced junk on the street corners that surrounded Cloudwalk Stadium, the current host of New Oasis’ very own darling, Iroi. He’d already pinched a pretty penny off of Iroi super-fans desperate to get their hands on the latest Idol merchandise when the phone in the pocket of his Passeri Park pajama pants started to buzz. He adjusted the stacks of Passeri Park monogrammed tees in order to fish the buzzing cellphone out of his baggy pants’ pocket and press it to his ear.

”Yoyoyo?”

… Elsewhere, Minato was also walking the perimeter of the venue.

Cool bomber jacket? Check. Sweet designer shades? Check…

Minato had a job to do. AND THIS WAS IT!!! It’d been assigned to him by none other than Miss Idol herself! It was crazy just to be in her presence… He wondered if he could get a high-five out of this after it was all over? Ayo, if he did, Mina thought as he gazed down at his open palm while he walked… I might never wash this hand again.

Then Minato’s gaze switched to his other hand. Churro time!, Mina thought as he took a big bite from the complimentary concert fare that he’d liberated from a food stand by virtue of his Staff pass.

”Mmmm, ohfu— ‘At’s a damn good churro. Yo, you wanna bite?” Minato asked, holding the half-eaten churro, bitten end out, toward the nearest Tiger who’d been tasked to walk the venue with him. Before he got an answer though, the phone he’d stuffed into the back pocket of his designer jeans started to ring.

”Hold up. Yo, hold that for me?”

Whether they wanted to or not, the Tiger was now holding Minato’s churro as he held the phone up to his ear. ”What’s good Miss Lady?”

… Another Minato half-watched, perched on top of a portable stage light, as the churro-touting Minato passed below. The other half of him was busy fiddling with a hand-held video game, the light of the screen illuminating his features, pinched in concentration. His phone rang and he was forced to look away. He almost fumbled one of his devices and risked losing it to the churning crowd below, but managed to keep both his phone and his gaming console in his grasp as he clicked the ‘Accept Call’ button and balanced the phone between his shoulder and head as he went back to his game.

”Hewwo?”

… ANOTHER Minato was lurking around back-stage, hiding behind a tall speaker. He peaked around the edge, spying a young man holding a box of somethin’. The boy looked like he was busy, and also concentrated on the task at hand. Nye-he-he… Poifect.

Minato crouched and pressed forward, sneaking up behind the young man until he was in striking distance. Rounding it off with a little somersault, Minato POPPED UP behind Daemon and jabbed both index fingers into either side of the boy’s ribs.

”BOO! Ha-ha-ha! Gotcha! Chill out, chill out, chill out, it’s me! Hold up.”

Minato had to take a break from calming Daemon to answer a call on his phone. ”Ayy, Big D. What’s poppin’?”

On the other side of the line, Minatos’ response sounded something like this:

”YOHEWHAT’SAYYYOGOOBIGDWOLADYPOP?!”

Collectively taken aback by the audible assault on the other end of the line, all the Minato’s pulled the phones away from their ears at once before putting it back to promptly start arguing amongst themselves.

This continued until Minato—Daemon’s Minato—piped up, ”Ay, yo. Yo— yo shut— shut, hold up— Shut, just shut, just shut the FUCK up for a sec—!”

Silence.

Thank you. Ah-ha… Sorry ‘bout that, D. So, uh… What’s poppin’? Whatchu’ need?”

The command she issued was a simple one, one that Minato—every Minato—was more than happy to acquiesce to: Talk to me.

Poor choice of words.

”All’s good back here. Jus’ hangin’ with my main homie, D. Not you ‘D’, other D. Say was’sup, D?” Minato held the phone up for Daemon to chime in, but whether he did or not didn’t change what happened next.

”Aight, who’s next?”

There was a brief pause, and then,

”ME”

”ME”

”ME”

”ME”

This briefing could take awhile…

>>> To The Next Post

Welsha Reaper
SCENE:
Tigers Arc 2: Scene 5 [A Dangerous Game]
PARTICIPANTS:
Callahan, Ernesto EdwardDewey98 EdwardDewey98 , Ezra, Isobel, Mbaye
Tigers Arc 2: Scene 5 [A Dangerous Game]

Infiltrating the Phoenix Kings home could be seen as something only a insane person would try, but here they were attempting to steal something from the home of the Phoenix King themselves. This wasn't going to be a easy mission, and failure would likely get one of them killed, but if everything goes smoothly and if they have any luck they would be able to get in and out without being discovered. Though Welsha probably had the least dangerous job out of all the other Tigers, which was to be a lookout, it is a pretty boring job overall. But atleast she had Ernesto to keep her company, with one look at her stoic companion though, she was able to instantly tell that he wasn't going to be much of a talking companion unless she initiated a conversation.

Racking her brain for topic Welsha finally looked at him and began to speak "So how do you think this mission will go? Have you ever met the Phoenix King before? Oh, how about the Jack? Do you know what they are like? Think our little team can handle the situation if things go South? Oooo, i think i just made a pun there, you know because of us being in the south and all. You know i wonder what it's like being in the south, i don't really go here all that much cause of work and all, do you know any nice spots in the south to visit?" The barrage of questions directed to Ernesto was filled with almost child like wonder, she really didn't travel to any other district besides Central and the West all that much. Plus getting to know Ernesto seemed like a good idea considering they would be stuck in this vehicle for a while, with nothing to do but watch for signs of trouble, a important job to some people a mundane one to others.

She had begun to wonder just how long this job would take anyway, typically when it comes to stealth missions the best thing to have would be stealth, surprise and speed, the three Ss if you would. The faster the job was done, the less likely they would be detected, and if they were detected, then it should probably go without saying that they would be in a very bad situation. In the middle of enemy territory with no real back up, except for their little team, which would be taking on however many Phoenixs the Phoenix King and Jack call upon, it was a bit exciting in a way. The thrill of being put in a life or death situation, all these different outcomes, all the things that could go wrong and what could go right, it was like depending on the luck of the dice, with the prize being their lives.

Lorrin Yumi
tumblr_p60o6c2g1u1t7ztr6o1_1280.png

Scene: Dragons Arc 2 | Scene 4: The Underground
FabulousTrash FabulousTrash Taigakitt Taigakitt BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

<<< Remember

Lorrin watched from the corner of the room as everything began, being the one who brought the girl in he felt himself more than qualified to take part in the integration, and having been so far the only one who fought her his experience would prove useful should she somehow get violent, Not that he believed she can do any harm to them now in the state that shes in. Before even starting Yo had given their prisoner a rather nasty cut before she began pacing around the room soon after, he can only wonder what's really going on in that head of hers right now or what she’s likely to do next. Kasumi would be the first to break the silence which did somewhat surprise Lorrin as he took the girl for being a bit meek and figured she was more or less here just to act as a witness to everything being said. But no she carried herself as if she has done this a million times before if she did not belong here her body language did not show it or at least not yet. Kasumi would then ask their first question, which would then only be met in reply with …. Laughing? He would approach getting a closer look at her. Was she already that far gone? He had seen this before in people who were close to death, insanity. She would then start saying something about water and the color blue. Meaning she's likely still living the moments before her fight with him and capture. “So your that far gone already well sorry princess it's time you come back to reality.” He would raise his hand and slap her right across the face. “Now answer the question why did you attack the East District and who this Blue you speak of.”

ROCCHI (Nakazajo Chikage)
SCENE:
Insufficient Details
PARTICIPANTS:
Chikage, Jaimme, Billie, Odessa, Carter (Pending)
INSUFFICIENT DETAILS

<<< Remember

“...recovered from the scene?”

Chikage hadn’t realized he’d allowed his mind to wander from the detective at his side. How he managed to focus on any one thing at a given time in the first place was a mystery.

His gaze quickly tore away from the sky, and he offered the woman an apologetic smile, “Forgive me?”

She blanked for a moment—a curious tilt of her head—but soon realized. “Oh! I asked if you wanted me to go over some of the evidence we’ve recovered from the scene… Like, over the week.”

Chikage hummed in thought. Then, “Yes, please,” he said blithely.

“Okay.” The detective flipped to a previous page in her notes. “The beanie was found today and sent off just recently for analysis. Pictures and measurements taken of its placement. The fire hydrant—no prints were recovered from analysis—it came from the glass cabinet by the back exit. Pictures and measurements taken of its placement. We suspect it was used briefly as a weapon. Blood samples from the parking lot. Blood samples from inside the establishment… Plate numbers of every vehicle occupying the lot at the time of first arrival on the scene.”

“How were the blood samples?” asked Chikage.

“Mostly civilians… victims.”

“DNA profiles?”

The woman nodded. “Yes, I’ll make sure they get to your office.”

“Thank you.”

“The roof collapse was the major cause of devastation. Up until then, based on the witness reports, the first suspects to arrive, suspectedly Tigers based on description, were apparently focused on staff.”

Chikage shifted in his stance. “Some reports made mention of a green energy-wave spreading throughout the building.”

“Yes, that would be the only other disturbance against civilian bystanders.”

“And the proprietor?”

“Hmm… I should have mentioned it already. Two of our detectives have spoken with him and he’s provided a report detailing some of the suspects. His interview is on the record—I’ll have a copy delivered to your office.”

“Anything worthwhile,” asked Chikage. As much as he wanted to know more about the night of September 17th, he doubted it would turn the tides of war between gangsters and police. Even so, it was his job, and every detail mattered. Even if it amounted to something as small as simply getting in their way, he was all for it.

The detective shook her head, “Not that I know of. Just the descriptions that match repeat offenders. Um… the detectives noted that he was very irate and somewhat uncooperative, so we’ve scheduled another interview with him at a later time.”

“Let’s change that,” said Chikage with a smile. “I’ll pay him a warm visit and see what he’s willing to tell.”

The detective hesitated, fidgeted, then obliged, “R-Right. Of course, yes,” her tone on edge. It was no secret how the Captain could be in the face of… regretful to say—men. He was less patient and quicker to bite. Something beside her hoped that more important matters would come up…

And just like that…

“BOSS,” a male officer came darting up from around the dilapidated building, perturbation stricken on his face. Chikage and the detective, both, looked in his direction.

“Suspicious person on the scene, appears female, above average, long violet hair-” The man halted within arm’s reach of Chikage, “She walked right through me, sir, appeared out of nowhere.” He was a young officer, barely any stubble on his chin, and likely still learning the ropes. But Chikage… Chikage knew that description.

The all-too elusive, ethereal wisteria of the North.

He knew she’d be long-gone by now, but still he returned to his cruiser and retrieved his hand radio, hung it on his belt where it already should have been, then made for the location from which the reporting officer came. After changing the output channel on his radio, he spoke calmly into the mic, “All Central District personnel, Captain Nakazajo speaking…” After a short pause in the case of any incoming emergency broadcasts, he ordered a BOLO (be on the lookout) and repeated the before-officer’s provided description of the woman, paused again, then finished with, “Matching in report with ‘Dreamer’, known Sable Serpent affiliate.”

As expected, following a quick sweep of the vicinity, the suspicious person was nowhere to be found, and the officers proceeded their investigation of Mach Sling.

>>> To Next Post

Orion | North | Arcane Informant

A clack, and the blade was sheathed. A groaning sigh, and darkness took over. Susanoo had done its job, and so had he.

The fight had opened his eyes to the abilities of his new comrades, and now that it was over- Orion shifted back to a more humane state. Taking mental note of his 'allies' and keeping in mind not to get on Darius' bad side. His hair still flowed freely like a passing current through the pitter-patter of rain, unaffected by wind, but his body no longer held that deep pale blue coloration that a person might take after becoming a carcass and being left to rot in an oxygen deprived or freezing environment.

Still however, his breathe came out in a haze of cold.

What has my life become?

It was a question he found himself asking a lot lately. More and more. The Sable Serpents had not been the exact kind of stability he had expected, but then again of all the places he could have fled to- he chose this place. He could've left right after jumping off ship in the South, but he didn't. He'd stayed. Spent weeks researching, before 'settling' in the North.

He still found himself wondering why that was.

The Misfits used to patrol the streets sort of like he had been since becoming a Serpent under Brick. Maybe he just craved the violent atmosphere, maybe he just wanted something familiar in the foreign royal brawl. It certainly felt familiar, being in this place- with people that were on one side, and the bodies on the ground on another. Rowdy- that was for certain, a group tightly held by a leash of stronger, superior members- that was a check considering his time spent with Brick and the small crowd that he controlled. Here, their Queen did just as well.

Cold, uncaring eyes looked down at the bodies before him. Some unconscious, others not so lucky. Life juice oozed out of slashes that he had personally saw fit to making, and he moved his barefoot away to avoid having it stained. While the one he now called Boss-man, Caio, double checked the information they had been given earlier by the Captn from before, Orion remained silent, and kept himself somewhat away from the others. Like back home he had once looked down on this place with a degree of critical criticism. Now that he was here though, he had a degree of understanding as to just how bad this place was and just how tough it was to live in a city like this.

So why stay?

I don't know he almost said aloud. Darius, his eyes flicked over to the masked blonde with the gloves- he seemed to hate this place at times from the battle earlier. Why did he stay? Why did Anna? Why did any one of the ones that were truly fearful or truly hated this place stay?

Had he really just become another statistic to a problem that once upon a time, he would have aided to end?

What would Felix and the others think of him now if they could see him?

Orion could only turn his eyes away from the aimless gaze he'd been giving the unconscious body of another Dragon he and Delynn had attacked. Closed his eyes, turned away from the body, then looked up. Eyes reaching Darius and saw the anxiety and anger on his face, reflected behind his own emotionless mask.

I know he thought. Or maybe he was just projecting false feelings. For all he knew, Darius could be as much a psychopath as most of the Serpents around them were.

At least with the job done he would just need to wait for the next orders from their boss.

Dark 'flame-like' hair undulated as he turned around to look at the Boss when he called. The cold look he had before, vanishing in an instant as his eyes regained a much calmer, less distant edge to them- and a small smile came to his face that made the previous look of a hardened killer from before seem unnatural on his soft features.

"Coming boss!" He called back cheerfully. Cheerfulness that took experience to fake into such genuineness.

Walking over the dead body of the Dragon that Caio hadn't named, Orion rolled the arm clutching his sheathed treasured blade, slipped his shirt back on from where it hung, tucked behind his suit pants, and began rebuttoning the top.

Today is going to be long...I can tell

Mentions: N/A

Interactions: BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider gxxberkit gxxberkit WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten Tobi Naefaerne Tobi Naefaerne

MILO NAGISA
SCENE:
Phoenixes Arc 2: Scene 1 [The Recruit]
PARTICIPANTS:
Boltius, Darren, Hector, Milo
THE RECRUIT
What does it mean to be a person?

Let's break it down:

Traditionally speaking, people have two arms, two legs... A chest, an abdomen, a head. People are covered with skin, and hair, too, in places. People have faces. Two eyes, two ears, one mouth, and one nose. All of these things generally exist in pre-defined, specific proportion to one another in order to make up a human-shaped thing. But is that all there is to a person? No... Milo could sketch a human-shaped thing with a few pencil strokes, but that thing is no more a person than the pencil he used to sketch it. No... There has to be more. Something unseen.

Organs..? Perhaps. Organs exist in specific locations. Some of them give shape to the body, though most of the heavy lifting on that front is done by the skeletal system and the subject's musculature. Organs perform many necessary functions in order to animate the human-shaped thing on the page. The integration of these functions could be the secret sauce to that crazy thing called, 'life', but...

Milo's drawings did not have a heart, or a liver, or lungs.

They didn't need them.

But people did.

Was that the missing piece? Could it be so simple?

No... Open any anatomy textbook—he had—and one would find biologically sound artistic renderings of all the major organs and organ systems in the human body. He could draw a bisection of a man with all his guts and viscera on full display, and yet, if a creature like that—half-flayed with his beating heart baking under the raw sun—shambled towards you on the sidewalk, you'd be hard-pressed not to run away in fear, let alone have it in mind to call that thing human, either. Besides, animals had skin, fur, hearts, lungs... They were alive, but animals are not human, either.

So, what was it? This missing piece... This thing that can be neither seen, nor touched, nor articulated beyond a few throwaway lines about the soul, or whatever.

There had to be something. There... There!—

This was it.

There he was. The Ace of the Scarlet Phoenixes, scourge of the South. Look at him—eyes down, Milo; don't alert him to your presence, idiot—look at them all, waltzing the streets like they own the jo—wait...

Milo dropped his gaze immediately, though the grip on his sketchbook and pencil became treacherous. Any harder and they were liable to turn to dust in his hands... It wasn't him... Was it? No. No. No, no, no. Not like this, please. Please.

“Tell me I’m right, Dare,”

Milo's shoulders slumped, wishing suddenly that he could sink into the side-walk, street bench and all, never again to resurface. There was no mistaking it was him. From the clothes, to the voice, to the walk. There was no one else in the world it could've been, no matter how much he'd wished it weren't so.

It's too late to turn back now, he told himself, as he'd told himself before, and as he would again, right now.

It's too late to turn back. We can only go forward from here on out, no matter where the road leads.

"Fuck." This was it. He was on his feet, now, tucking the sketch-pad behind his back and jamming the pencil into one pocket as he stared at the trio of men who'd passed him by without so much as a second look. Typical Phoenixes, he thought, then regretted it. Please don't hate me for what I am about to do.

"Hector Moses!" Milo's voice rang out, clear and sharp as a knife. "I've got news for you: starting today you're no longer Ace of the Phoenixes." As he spoke, he took what might've passed for a fighter's stance, though it was clear he was not much of a fighter... Which was exactly what he hoped this violent gangster would think. Go on, Milo thought with rage in his chest, Underestimate me. It'll be the last mistake you make, you piece of shit!

At last, when he was sure that he'd gotten their attention—all of them, though he dared not look Boltius in the eye right now; he couldn't afford to falter—Milo said at last,

"I am."

>>> To The Next Post

Jaimmé and Billie Hoshizora
Interaction: Chikage ( Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean )
In Scene: Odessa ( BriiAngelic BriiAngelic ) | Yuudai​

6C65DFB0-A55C-4C8D-BFE7-9873D482CDE1.jpeg<<< Remember

Billie happened to be looking in the direction of Captain Nakazajo when he crushed his pen. She had been sitting on the hood of their vehicle, taking a small break and getting a drink of water, so of course watching their Boss get pen plastic all up in his mouth had her spit her water out (at Jaimmé) and burst out laughing, her legs kicking back and forth in the air since they hung over the edge of the hood.

Jaimmé wiped his wet face, his expression a quiet annoyance. “Seriously?

I-I couldn’t hehe help it!” Billie wiped at a tear falling from the edge of her eye. “Anything he does that makes him look stupid, I gotta laugh!

Oh I missed it,” Jaimmé sounded partially disappointed with having missed such a spectacle.

There were many of them at the scene. Mach Sling was an unfortunate victim to a Gang War that suddenly broke out. A hazard to any location in New Oasis. Something they were so desperately trying to get a grasp of but the police haven’t been in power since who knows when. Everyone knew who to actually listen to.

It made the job a challenge. And if anyone preferred the hardest challenges?

It was Billie.

A whistle interrupted their break and grabbed their attention.

Just her posture and mannerisms screamed “not normal.” Drawing their guns would be meaningless.

Billie slid off the hood of the car, glaring daggers up at the woman, but spoke nothing. It wasn’t her place. For now.

Jaimmé did at least put his hands on the baton at his belt as the woman started to walk around and made mention that “our little darlings did a number.”

That made her a member of one of the gangs that were there that night.

Then she was gone as quickly as she arrived. The Captain no doubt was already told so it was time to wait for orders.

It didn’t take long.

The voice of their Captain came over their radio.

They were somewhat aware that Tigers were probably involved but with Chikage mentioning that the woman they just saw matched a Serpent description… was it safe to conclude the fight was between Tigers and Serpents?

They couldn’t hesitate though. They were a pair of cops better suited to combat and chases versus investigation scenes. Mostly due to the fact that they were strong in body, thanks to their Potential-having status.

Jaimmé and Billie shared a vehicle. They were partners and partners didn’t need separate vehicles. Though, Billie was sure that if she ever wanted one of her own, she’d just have to ask.

Billie over the radio, “Copy that. She’s not in the nearby vicinity any longer. Permission for Unit 2 to scope the perimeter?

>>> To Next Post

Last edited:
HIDE ISHIDA
SCENE:
Phoenixes Arc 2: Scene 2 [The Bounty]
PARTICIPANTS:
Raphael, Kyoden, Sang-Cheol
THE BOUNTY
Hide grumbled under his breath, his fists shoved deep into his ripped, tight black skinny jeans. He couldn't believe this shit. Hide knew Martin was a bastard, but doing this to Hide?! Once he gets his scarred hands On Martin Briggy-Bastard, his hands weren't going to be the only thing that was scarred today!

Feeling his new glasses starting to slip off of his nose, he pushed them back up, his eyes shifting warily to everything around him. Being in the disgusting Serpent's territory, Hide couldn't help but feel extra paranoid. It felt like eyes were watching his every move, just waiting for the chance to jump him. He didn't know why the hell his bounty had decided to go to the North District of all places, but Hide wasn't one to question the stupidity of others. All he cared about was finding the prick, and -judging on how Martin acts- either kill him or force him to sell his apartment back to Hide. It was his in the first place! Martin had no right-

Hide swiveled his head to the side, abruptly hearing some kind of commotion nearby. Was this it? Did they finally decide to attack him? Unfurling from his usual slouched stance, Hide straightened his back and reared himself to his full height of 6 foot. His slightly parted mouth let out a huff of breath, anxiety racketing up inside Hide's chest. Now- don't get him wrong- Hide was no stranger to the slums, the dark alleys, etc- however that was in the South District. The North- well... they might have different rules and expectations- the sickos...

It would be a bad idea to get into other's businesses at the moment, so Hide decided it was best to act like he didn't hear anything. Rigidly, he turned his head forwards once more, his jaw tense. With a straight back and stiff limbs, he marched on- ignoring whatever the hell was happening in that dark dirty alley. If he was being honest- he had no idea where he was going. All he knew was that Martin Briggy-Bastard was somewhere in this district... he just had to find out where. He ran out of clues a while ago. Despite how hard he looked- everything In the North district looked the same to him.

Huffing through his nose, Hide could feel the frustration nearing its breaking point. However- he did his best to control himself. It wouldn't do him any good to have a temper tantrum in front of all these degenerates...

This didn't last long.

Snatching his hands out of his pockets, he ran his palms over his face- pushing his golden-rimmed glasses askew. With his head raised to the sky, he tugged on his hair and yelled with all his rage, " FOR FUCKS SAKE- WHY CAN'T ANYTHING BE SIMPLE FOR ONE FUCKING TIME?! " Unstable laughter bubbled out of Hide before he could stop himself, his jarring hysterics ringing through the street.

SCENE:
Tiger Arc 2: Scene 1 [Charity from the Upper City]
PARTICIPANTS:
Akira, Jesper, Lucy, Dimitri The Prophet The Prophet
Charity from the Upper City

<<< Remember

Zahira was still a bit getting Helva a drink it seemed, she had a rather bored look on her as she looked forward into the crowd, when some red headed guy decided to approach her she was able to see him coming no problem thanks to her position. Though she was caught off guard by his friendly demeanor, it was like the sort of greeting one would give to a ally or potential ally rather than a casual acquaintance. It took her a moment to wrack her brain to figure out who the man was, and upon studying him more closely, Helva couldn't help but smile as she finally realized who he was exactly. Dimitri, Reikas Rookie, she honestly should of recognized him was sooner, but she suppose all the lights may of made it harder to see for her. She stood up from her chair, in order to acknowledge Dimitri Bellari, he was still much taller than her but she supposed most Phoenixs she knows are taller than her. Sometimes she has to wonder if someone just gains a addition 6 inches or so once they join the Phoenixs, with Alex being the exception to that rule cause his growth spurt was likely skipped, or stolen as retribution for his thieving ways.

Either way, while Helva was usually suspicious of Rookies within the Phoenix, Dimitri was a different story, he was pretty much a low security risk cause of his fame and status, and she felt that he was trust worthy enough. So Helva opted to give him a curtsy bow in response, before then grabbing the offered drink from his hand before saying "Dimitri Bellari, it is a pleasure to see you, I am doing quiet well as of now and i almost didn't recognize you for a moment, but i must say you do look stunning as usual." she then went on to take a swig from her drink drinking it all in one chug, before then setting the nearly empty glass on the table and then taking his offered hand. "Ahhh, thank you Mr. Bellari, Of course I would be honored to dance with you. And i sure hope you have been doing well this evening, have you been enjoying the event thus far?"

After a moment later she spotted her Escort finally come back with the drink she had requesting, and Helva gave her a apologetic smile and a slight nod in return, Zahira instead gave a slight nod of understanding before approaching from Dimitris side to replace the near empty drink with a full one. "Greetings Sir, would you wish to have a drink waiting for you upon your return from your dance with Ms.Linxal?" Zahira had to look up to him in order to make eye contact with Dimitri, as Zahira was only one inch shorter than Helva, and plenty of shorter than him. Though she had no real complaints either way, size matters little when it comes to some HPs, and she was sure she could still complete her task of protecting and serving Ms.Linxal either way. Plus it seemed that Helva seemed to trust him enough to dance with him, so she was more than willing to go along with whatever Helva wishes to do.

>>> To Next Post

Ashley Hart
SCENE:
Phoenixes Arc 2: Scene 4 [Home Cookin']
PARTICIPANTS:
Alex, Ashley, Auvura, Corvo, Lyric
HOME COOKIN'
Ashley wasn't in a great mood. While Lyric and Alex were arguing back in the kitchen, he sat in the living room, the three big cats being his only company. He tried to keep his mind off of all the shit that went down last week by feeding the family pets, but it wasn't doing much good. He was just as pissed now as he was then.

Everything happening now was reminding him of their losses from the previous year and the bad luck that followed. It felt like everyone was fucking with them. Nina's death was one thing, but then there was the war with the Azure Dragons. Those lizards always went on and on about peace, but what happened on the bridge showed that they were just a bunch of hypocrites who were as bloodthirsty as everyone else. Well, at least their leader was. When he heard about what happened to Vulk and the others, he almost went to the East District himself to give the King the fight he wanted so badly. It took a lot of restraint for him to stay put.

Ashley was angry, but he knew by now that acting on his own for something this big would just cause more problems for Lyric and the others. He already felt like shit for not being around when everything went down, and he didn't need another reason to feel worse about it. He probably would've been able to blow off a lot of steam if he was out butting heads with a couple of rival gang members right now, but he promised himself that he'd be here tonight. Skipping the first dinner since the funeral wasn't an option, especially after he missed so much. Although, if he was gonna be here, he couldn't just sit around with a bad attitude.

Focusing on the past and being mopey wasn't his style. Everyone had done their mourning, and it was time to move on. However, that didn't mean he'd forgive and forget. He was someone who lived in the moment, but when the right time came along, he'd get even with the people who thought it was a good idea to mess with the Phoenixes. Until that time came, he'd keep acting like his usual self. The food probably wouldn't taste as good if he didn't.

He was here now, but he didn't really have a clue what to do. He didn't know how to cook, and most of his meals came from a microwave. Even if he did, getting between those two siblings while they did their thing wasn't a good idea. He couldn't even understand them when they started yelling in other languages.

The table was set, and Alex went upstairs with Auv to check on something, so it was just him and the cats while Lyric finished up in the kitchen. He promised he'd come, but maybe it would've been better to wait until more people showed up. One of the bad parts about arriving early was that there wasn't shit to do.

As he sank deeper into his seat and scratched behind Ares's ears, he heard the door open. Synching up with the other animals, he raised his head to get a better look at the newcomer. When he saw Corvo walk in, he checked to see if Romero would follow, but the big boy was nowhere to be seen. Instead, the redhead brought the smell of tobacco and a bottle of wine. He didn't pay much attention to her weapon, too focused on the alcohol. If he drank tonight, he had to remember to limit himself to just a few glasses.

"Yo." Resting his chin on a soft mane of fur, he greeted the rookie as she walked around the apartment. She was older than him, but he'd been in the gang longer than her. It was easy to forget that sometimes.

REVELER
SCENE:
Tigers Arc 2: Scene 2 [Matter of Time]
PARTICIPANTS:
Reveler, Dante, Meirin, Ruriko
MATTER OF TIME
There had been a death in the Pleasure District. A murder with the murderer still at large. And to complete the package: a ghost to haunt its establishments. Rumors had it the past few days a vengeful ghost had been hovering, darting at the corner of one’s eyes, from place to place to watch, and wail. It was such a chilling business that some girls had taken caution to never go out alone.

At 2 P.M. on September the 21st, the ghost was undertaking its haunting function at the Eternal Night Palace. Despite the tight security, it had slipped in soundlessly and smoothly, as ghosts do, and now was sitting in one of the parlors, quite concerning itself with being left wholly alone, and mostly obscured by the curtain drawn over its booth.

All she had was dark thoughts. The days since Reveler’s last missions had only intensified the foulness of her mood and even then it was mounting still. It was not only that her prey had escaped, but it had also escaped in a grand fashion. Or so the reports had had her believe. She had been away, here, right in this district, playing around with great bored-princesses, while all the excitement had been going on out there. Vengeful was her mood. Days spent haunting in wait for the sudden return of the murderer had been fruitless. And now this dark anger had boiled to its meridian. Ghosh, she must skin someone soon.

She rose. Then just as abruptly, dropped back down. Her pale, long fingers reached out and plucked open a notebook on the table before her. The perpetual scowl deepened as she perused the content. She was checking the events of the last few days, which had passed like a fitful fever dream due to her seething anger. First, she recounted to herself once more the incident at that bridge, where the King had committed an atrocious act. In her own warped ways, Reveler found it amusing more than anything. And yet there existed a discordance in this whole business. No way that demure, dumb King could have been capable of doing such a thing consciously of all the facts. That was not it. It was no crime of passion. If emotional, it was a sort of low emotion, less primal than ego, treading still the lines of gray rather than having been entirely submerged in the abandoned dark. But then where did he find the rights…! And, supposing there could be a way to sway him…!

Reveler abruptly stood up irritably. For a second she stood there, eyes closed. Then all quietly, she sat down again. This time there was a new languor in her movements. She was partly occupied, distracted, and troubled by the thought just now. And yet her fingers resumed flipping the page. Some mindless seconds later, the woman stopped at a more recent account, one that had brought her no less distress. It was only an episode in a series of downward spiraling sequence of developments, but one that had marked a point of no return. The names were redacted for the privacy of the people involved, but perhaps it suffices to say that the subject was at the time a perfectly ordinary salaryman in appearance, whose flawless mediocrity had piqued Reveler’s interest and earned for himself a secret admirer in her. So she had kept track of his private life down to the tiniest details. His hobbies, his insecurities, his callousness, and all the things that were not only normal but even extraordinarily so. And then, all of a sudden, just this week, the man had gotten himself a side chick! The woman was apparently twelve years younger than him, and was a former co-worker currently buried in debts, jobless and could have been homeless if not for her new lover’s financial support. And to make the matter worse, all of this – his sudden impulse and errors in judgment – was done only as payback after an unexpected discovery that the mother of his two kids had been cheating on him for a time. How pitiable. Reveler lamented this loss. Salaryman A was such a glorious example of averageness but now he had lost all his charm owing to a stupid blunder. How pitiable. The family was falling apart. How pitiable. On the other hand, supposing she could set things right once again… it wouldn’t be too difficult, wouldn’t it? With just some well-placed coercion, she could easily take the unwanted elements out of the picture, and somehow, perhaps, get his life back on track. And why not? She was exceedingly bored. And, taking into account the events last week, she was in great need of an outlet.

Just then, someone was entering the pallor accompanied by a host of the Palace’s girls. And they were calling for Meirin. It was not unheard of for customers to come at this hour, but not one so loud and overfriendly as that. Reveler didn’t mind it that much. She wouldn’t take her bad mood out on Meirin’s customers. Not for a good reason. But she did wonder what kind of character that was. So she peeked out between the curtains and found the back of the person as they entered another booth. She knew that back, or rather, that frame. For she had on many occasions, many nights, observed closely and intensively that back. There was the entertainment she needed.

At this point, the girls who had come in with Callan, for that was their name as she recalled, were nowhere to be seen. But a waiter had entered the booth and closed the curtain. Quietly as a ghost, Reveler collected the notebook and her personal belongings that had been left about the booth, then sneaked out of her own and slipped into the booth beside Callan’s. There, she waited.

Meirin, then Ruriko arrived. Their acquaintance with the stranger was not something new to Reveler. In fact, she had stalked their meetings with this Callan for a while now, Ruriko, especially, on her dinners out with them. But whatever their business for being here could be, Reveler was resolved to entertain herself with this mysterious person today.

Meirin Azuza
SCENE:
Tiger Arc 2: Scene 2 [Matter of Time]
PARTICIPANTS:
Dante, Reveler, Ruriko, Meirin
Matter of Time

Meirin blinked, jaw dropping a little when Callan suddenly duplicated himself. If there was any doubt the erotic dancer had a potential, it was gone now. Quickly closing her mouth, surprise turned into curiosity as the brown-haired girl reached out to touch the clone and see if it was real…or an illusion like what Isaiah could make. Since being invited into the Azure Dragon gang she’d seen her fair share of odd powers. Invitation to the exclusive gang ruling the East only extended to HPs, after all. Whenever she visited Dragon HQ, it was sometimes easy to forget that only 10% of the Amestrian populace had potentials. She’d be reminded of that fact whenever she returned to Eternal Night Palace to hang with her beautiful sister.

Then again, this was New Oasis.

“Oh, I’m fine,” Meirin replied as she stroked the curled tail of the clone beside her. Callan’s potential seemed somewhat similar to Sylvester’s…though she could’ve sworn there was something attracting about it. “I wasn’t anywhere near the bridge when it broke. Nor was I present when the murder took place.”

Frowning, Meirin paused in her stroking to look at Ruriko.

“It was Silence,” She spoke solemnly in response to Ruri ‘s questioning gaze, using Eli Azaz’s Dragon alias rather than his real name as she subtly (not really) tossed a meaningful glance in the direction of the only civilian among them (Callan). Well, two civilians, if one counted his clone. Not that it mattered much either way. Dead was dead. Meirin didn’t know if Eli Azaz had any family that would mourn his death—or be impacted if his ties to the Azure Dragons became leaked. She didn’t know him that much at all. However, Ruri had been in the Azure Dragons longer than she, so there was a chance the Portal Keeper might know Azaz…and be affected by the news. Dragons died. That was a given risk when involving oneself in the HP Underworld.

Still, she’d always felt it tasteless to speak ill of the dead. “He was killed in a brothel not too far from here.” Naming Paradise Forever would be spreading gossip that could affect its business and, as a fellow brothel owner, Meirin didn’t feel right doing so—especially to a place Isaiah came from. “We still don’t know the exact details of what went on…but it seems he got into a fight with one of the workers he’d been seeing there.”

Sighing, Meirin shook her head. “I didn’t see his body, but I heard it was horrific. Slashes everywhere. Strangely enough though, the autopsy report says he died from a toxin of some sort…and a friend of my friend has gone missing since then as well…”

Meirin had her suspicions, of course, but she didn’t bring them up.

Having lived in the East District all her life, she knew what Dragons did to those that broke their laws. That disturbed the peace of the East. She saw firsthand when she became a Dragon herself—peace carved through violence and enforced by fear. However, she also saw why it was necessary. The police couldn’t protect Jun from being sold to a brothel by her adoptive father at the age of 16. They couldn’t bring justice to those wealthy or powerful enough weasel their way out of jail.

The dragons could.

They made their own laws.

If those laws were just, if they carved a way towards peace, there would be no problem. Fighting for peace was something Meirin could get behind. Talking was nice, preferable even, but ineffective in most cases. Actions spoke louder than words. The last nine days since the bridge, since the attack on the Dragons, had been filled with…silent tension…so to speak. At least for those aware of what was going on. Meirin wasn’t. Not completely. But even she could feel it in the air. Even a civilian like Mathias could tell Dragons were being targeted. Even a civilian like Callan was worried for them.

She could only hope the prodding didn’t continue.

In all the times that Meirin had interacted with the Dragon King he’d seemed benevolent, easy-going, and lazy even. Stared at clouds most of the time. She’d known he was powerful…ever since she’d witnessed his fight with his cousin as a rookie, but she’d never seen him break a bridge before. Indirectly harm civilians before. In fact, she had high hopes for him because he seemed nicer than the previous Dragon kings…if not a bit less involved in gang politics. What changed? Was it the phoenixes that had also been present on the bridge?

She hadn’t managed to hear back from Kasumi after requesting that the Dragon’s tech expert help her locate Swallowtail either, though Cipher had been understandably busy. Most working at Paradise Forever seemed to be worried about the worker called Swallowtail. Most seemed to agree that Azaz was being aggressive with her. Meirin had ditched the investigation to help Yo and the rest when she’d heard gunfire at Dragon HQ, so she hadn’t managed to listen in on the rest, but Isaiah was fairly open with whatever information he did manage to acquire. Meirin had turned in the mask and burnt clothes she’d found as well.

Wolves.

How was it all connected? Was there a traitor within the Azure Dragon organization? And, if so, was it the worker who worked in a Dragon brothel or was it the dead dragon?

“It’s all so confusing!” Meirin huffed, slouching back into her seat, arms folded. She needed multiple brains to figure all this out. “So…why did Shen destroy the bridge? You were there, right Ruri?”

She would’ve been more careful with names, but Shen was…Shen. The dragon king did nothing to hide himself. Practically a public figure in the East District at this point—or for anyone that saw him flying in the sky that night. And Ruri was always with him. The Dragons didn’t enforce peace, didn’t inspire fear, in their territory by remaining invisible. At the same time, those with many enemies did not appreciate the dox when Dragon system was infiltrated. More than ever, those that called themselves Dragons needed to stick together. Multiple attacks were coming in from multiple fronts. More than ever, allies were needed.

Checking the messages on her phone, Meirin smiled when she received positive replies from both Kanna and Isaiah. They were Dragons in high positions, certainly, but they were her friends as well. She was also confident that those working in Eternal Night Palace were her allies—most, that weren’t new, probably knew she was the Sleeping Giant that protected Eternal Night Palace at least. That they knew better than to speak of the things they shouldn’t. Knew the importance of client confidentiality when working in a business like theirs. Knowledge was dangerous. But it was also safety and survival when properly used. Therefore, thought she’d heard a rustle from a nearby booth, she didn’t pay it much mind. Meirin didn’t have a problem with people knowing…but if they were a threat, they had to be dealt with. If they were traitors, they had to be dealt with. Meirin wanted to speak with Swallowtail because she still didn’t have a full grasp of the situation, Jay seemed to care for the girl, and mistreatment of sex workers hit closer to home than she would like, but if a fight broke out, she already knew which side she’d be on.

She could only hope it didn't.

Beann Beann The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Mqueserasera Mqueserasera

(mentioned: Lucem Lucem FabulousTrash FabulousTrash )

Urien Kokyo
SCENE:
Serpents Arc 2: Scene 1 [Arcane Informant]
Nearby Heavenly Beasts Plaza, Lower Central District
PARTICIPANTS:
Caio, Urien, Ten, Darius, Delynn, Orion
Arcane Informant

<<< Remember

Another day, another snake watch. Urien wasn’t complaining that much, at least this way he wasn’t just watching another one of Snake’s experiments. Not to mention, this way Urien could also perform his most coveted pass time: getting rid of other gangsters. Today was even rather simple at that, just track down fools that had their information leaked, and beat them. Nothing to it really. In fact, if Urien knew who had gotten that info, he might even be willing to offer them a cup of tea, barring they weren’t actually someone in another gang, in which case he’d offer as painless a death as he could.

Even so, Urien watched the Serpent Queen confirm their info, naming off the several unconscious dragons before them. The names mean nothing to Urien, but he knew those that could so easily get their names leaked weren’t the most competaint in the world, and certainly not the best at keeping secrets. But that was neither here nor there, Urien wasn’t here for the sake of this mission anyways, it was ultimately a secondary thing to him. He was here to make sure Snake didn’t do anything out of line while out of the north, something Urien was sure Snake was painfully aware of. At least, that was Urien’s guess, he couldn’t read minds after all.

The young Ten also piqued Urien’s interest. How did someone so enthusiastic end up knowing Darius of all people? They were almost like a puppy in human form, so happy to do what others were doing, and joyful to get a ‘good job’.Urien questioned whether or not Ten needed glasses. Darius and Orion were useful enough, but Darius was more akin to a living dead man’s switch in Urien’s eyes, abiet Darius functioned a tad differently, but his power seemed like it could kill himself from what Urien knew of it.

Seeing everyone wrapping up after the fight, Urien started walking, pacing, between the knocked out dragons, considering how each of them found, the tactics they were able to use, the potentials they displayed. Nodding to himself, Urien let out a few words before showing why he had his alias. “Had you not been dragons, all of you would see tomorrow. But now you face the same judgment your comrades would pass on others. You may be deaf and blind to the world now, but the weakest among you shall tell of your fall.” Urien’s voice came out as a stream of uncaring, apathetic words. And as his voice stopped letting out sound, his foot fell onto the nearest dragon’s head and crushed it like a melon. If anyone were to watch, Urien crushed the heads with alternating feet. Right, left, right, left. Until there was only one Dragon left, the one Urien judged to be the weakest. Slyvie Cartwright, at least, that’s what Urien thought he heard their name to be.

Urien had done this with each and every group they’ve encountered thus far today. And he would continue to do so unless Snake himself intervened. On the thought of Snake, Urien looked to the man as he scraped any head matter from his feet. “Do you already know where we’re going next, Queen Snake?” While Urien’s mouth offered a formal smile, his eyes held a grim curiosity.

>>> To Next Post

Untitled848.png

YONG-YUT SOMSRI, VULKEN BECKMAN, AMÉLIE BARINOV
SCENE:
Phoenixes Arc 2: Scene 4 [Home Cook'n]
United Hope Hospital, Central District -- > Lyric and Alex's Townhome, South District
PARTICIPANTS:
Yong-Yut, Vulken (& Amelie), Corvo, Lyric, Alex, Ashley, Auvura
HOME COOK'N

• Boy, did he screw up.

When he opened his eyes, he wasn’t in the comfort of his own bed in his warm South-District apartment. Instead of seeing his own red-brick ceiling and walls, cozy furniture and blazing fireplace, he saw pure-white walls, blinding bright lights and the endless beeps of an electrocardiogram that reminded him that he was still alive. Slowly, he lifted his upper half up to sit upright in his hospital bed.

To put it short, Vulken fucked up on the night of his fight with the Dragon King. Because he had constantly insisted to others that his wound was, in his own words, ‘just a scratch’, he had ended up convincing himself that he was fine, and neglected the gaping hole in his chest. Before he knew it, he was being rushed to the hospital in an ambulance.

A small puncture in his left lung, along with a minor infection due to his neglect. He’d had a tube in his chest for the last few days, and had to take a bunch of medicine to speed up his healing process, but the beautiful nurses and visits from his fellow Phoenixes (some were good, some were just him being scolded for an hour) helped him power through.

Now, today was the day he would finally be discharged. However, due to her concerns, he’d have to wait for the arrival of a certain someone so that he could be driven home and return to his regular lifestyle.

That certain someone had only just arrived at the hospital. They got out of the navy blue car she’d borrowed from one of her cousins, quietly shutting the door. After checking her phone for a second, she did a little speed walk across the parking lot to the front door and entered.

A hospital was not a place Yong-Yut necessarily wanted to be at right now. They were bright and overstimulating and, overall, a nuisance to be at. It was her own fault she was here, though, so she couldn’t really complain. Over the past few days, she’d been visiting often, and just yesterday she was adamant about picking him up today so he wasn’t heading home alone, all out of her own will.

She pushed some hair behind her ear as she made her way to the already familiar receptionist. “Could, uh, could you tell me where Vulken Beckman’s room is… again?” Once she got confirmation, she turned around —and then turned around again to double-check her double-checking. After going over the directions a second and then a third time with the receptionist, she finally began heading to his room.

Her eyes scanned the hallways and her hands ran through one of her pigtails as she searched for where her friend was currently residing. Upon reaching his room, they gently opened the door with one hand, peeking out from behind it. The soft beep of the machine to Vulken’s side was already beginning to annoy her in the two seconds she’d been holding the door open. “Hey, Flame Princess. It’s Yong-Yut.

Yong-Yut’s voice helped Vulken shake off any remains of sleep he’d been holding onto, and he sat up even more in his bed.

Hey, Pigtails.

He lifted his arms above his head to stretch– sighing as he did so – before sliding his legs over and allowing them to hang off the bed, feet now touching the ground. The bandages around his chest were tight, and he couldn’t wait to finally take them off for good.

Honestly, Vulken was more than ready to get the hell out of this place. He was never really a hospital kind of guy. Even when he was younger, he always preferred to stay home and deal with whatever pain he was dealing with than spend god-knows-how-long in a freaky health center. So, to him, Yong-Yut was kind of like a guardian angel, carrying him out of hell and back to the promised lands.

You get lost on your way to my room again?” He asked, flashing his best friend a smug grin.

She gave an awkward hum in return. “Mm. No. Not technically. I didn’t get lost on my way here, I just asked for directions. Multiple times. But, it’s a step up from last time.

Yong-Yut fully entered the room, the door clicking shut behind her. She placed her right hand on her hip, the other moving over one of her ears. “It’s not my fault hospital hallways are so confusing,” she muttered.

Her voice quickly raised back to its usual level —which isn’t really that loud in the first place— as she looked over Vulken. “Are you ready? I bet you’re heartbroken to have to leave a place so dear to you.

She paused, lowering her left hand.

...That’s a joke, by the way. I know you hate it here.

"Yeaaaah, this place fuckin' sucks, man." He sighed while tugging on his bandages, something one of the cute nurses explicitly instructed him not to do. "Gettin' yelled at every time I got a visit didn't help."

He fully removed his thin, backless-gown shirt, replacing it with one he'd made sure to grab before being taken away in the ambulance. Then, he started randomly grabbing all of the things he'd left scattered in the room and shoving them into his pockets. His hasty packing made it clear that he was anxious to get the hell out of there.

"I'm just glad I'm gettin' the hell outta here. I'd say I'll miss the nurses, but I'll be seein' some of 'em later this week." He smirked and winked in her direction.

"Oh, by the way, YY. I can totally drive. Don't make a big deal about it like you always do."

Collab w/ gxxberkit gxxberkit !

VULKEN BECKMAN
SCENE:
Phoenixes Arc 2: Scene 4 [Home Cook'n]
PARTICIPANTS:
Lyric, Alex, Corvo, Auvura, Yong-Yut
CURRENT STAGE:
0 (Current Temp: Regular Temp)
HOME COOK'N

You know,” Vulken spoke up, ending his call with Lyric and looking back slightly to face the younger girl in the backseat of the car as Yong-Yut approached the slightly-familiar house. “You really shouldn’t just get into cars with strangers on a whim like this. We could be kidnappin’ you right now.

Amelie took a moment from writing in her own journal to look him in the eyes as he lectured her. She stared at him for a few seconds once he’d finished speaking, before finally opening her mouth to respond.

But, you aren’t a stranger… You knew my daddy, so I trust you.

Her impassive expression as she said those words made his eye twitch. With a sigh, he turned back around, now focusing on the road in front of them, along with the fact that he could have totally been driving right now.

While he was doing a fairly good job at playing it cool, Vulken was freaking the fuck out. He was being swarmed by a mass of emotions he hadn’t felt in a very long time– and it was causing him to feel… numb. The child of the man who made him who he was today, the man who’d taken care of him, molded him– the man he mindlessly killed. She was sitting directly behind him, seemingly completely unaware that the hands of the man she had just put her trust in were stained with the blood of her creator.

He was the man who ruined this poor girl’s life.

And he was too weak to make that known to her.

...Right.

Assuming their conversation had ended, Amelie lowered her head, going back to scribbling on a page in her journal. Though nobody could see what she was doing, it was clear that whatever it was entertained her more than the scenery around them as they drove.

Vulken let out a relieved exhale when Yong-Yut pulled into the area in front of the house, quickly undoing his seatbelt and stepping out to get a breath of fresh air. He stuffed his hands into the pockets of his jacket. He recognized the faint smell of cigarette smoke in the air, and his eyes lowered in annoyance. Oh, what he would give to have a smoke right now– if only the doctor hadn’t told him he couldn’t if he wanted his wound to heal. He was also annoyed by how easily he recognized the scent, as there was only one other person he knew that smoked that brand of cigarette. Corvo’s here.

Shit,” He mumbled to himself, looking back at Yong-Yut and Amelie, who were getting out of the car. “Shoulda bought something’ with us, huh? Whatever, I’ll help ‘em cook.

Pushing the door open and holding it for the two behind him, he cuffed a hand over his mouth to amplify the sound of his voice before calling out into the halls of the home.

YO! Party’s here!

He could only hope that his notice of arrival hadn’t been loud enough to aggravate the enormous big cats that Lyric and Alex kept as ‘pets’ as he roamed the halls in search of someone to speak to. It didn’t take long for him to jump in shock after almost bumping into Corvo, prompting him to sigh loudly and place a hand on top of his head.

Jesus, man. Quit sneakin’ around! Do they even know you’re here??

gxxberkit gxxberkit AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Tobi Naefaerne Tobi Naefaerne Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider

Last edited:
BASH HIRABAYASHI
SCENE:
Serpents Arc 2: Scene 2 [Tailing the Dragon's Heart]
PARTICIPANTS:
Anna, Tri, Yuto, Kisara
✕ POTENTIALS BANNED:
None
TAILING THE DRAGON'S HEART

From the very moment Bash’s day started, his eyes had been slanted downward, brows angrily furrowed as he leaned against a wall in the alley with his arms tightly crossed.

He had been thinking about it ever since that day. How Raph’s hands were so tightly wrapped around his throat– cutting off his airflow to the point where he could do nothing but demand that he unclasp his hands and allow him to stand so that they could fight on his terms.

How fucking pathetic.

Every single fucking day. That scene played within his mind in full. He’d spend hours going through it, like a boxer who’d just lost replaying footage from the fight and simply… pondering over what he could have done better– What moves he could have made to secure his victory. Kill him right there! No, idiot, uppercut him! Are you fuckin’ stupid? Even if he didn’t technically lose, he knew one thing was for sure; if that blood-slinging bastard hadn’t powered down when he did, the chances of Bash losing that fight would have been extremely high. Somehow, Raph had managed to unlock some newfound strength– strength that wasn’t ever there before. It had something to do with whatever the hell he drank. Whatever the fuck it was, it wasn’t natural. That freak had cheated his way into the world of the strong. He’d wrongfully trespassed into his territory– somewhere a rat like him should have never been allowed to be.

But, He stared blankly at the ground beneath his boots.

If I wasn’t able to do anythin’ against it…

Am I really worthy of callin’ myself strong?

He’d get to the bottom of it. He knew he would.

And, to make things worse, he had the nerve to save the motherfucker who had almost beaten him.

Back on that day, as a bloodied Bash left from the emergency exit of the collapsed bowling alley with an even-more-bloodied Raph slumped over his back, he was only thinking about one thing.

Make sure he survives, you fuck up, He had thought to himself over and over with every step he took, eyes strained and shaking from a strange mixture of rage and… something else.

Excitement? Fatigue? Fear?

...Make sure he survives…

…So you can kill him yourself.

Now, he was here. Pale exclamations of pleasure faintly resonated from the wall behind him, making it clear to him exactly what kind of establishment he was leaning up against. Without saying a word, he quickly pushed himself off of the side of the building, now standing upright as he listened to the instructions of the goat-masked idiot.

Fuckin’ disgusting...

Bash had embarked on a journey to grow stronger. And the only reason he had taken this piece of shit job, with these pieces of shit (and Kisara), was because stealth was a skill he knew needed sharpening. If he wanted to become known as the powerful, dominant Ace of the Sable Serpents, he needed to be balanced. And he was willing to balance himself out– even if it meant changing the way he went about handing certain things.

Hearing Tri’s bullshit idea only served to make him angrier. Bash couldn’t stand the Jack. In fact, if he could snap his neck right there and know that he wouldn’t face any consequences with Yuudai or Snake– well, he just might have done it. Especially after he’d just been forgotten about and added to said bullshit plan last minute.

Bash glared at his technical superior– eyes more cold than they were angry. It was… unnerving. It was as though he were experiencing a new kind of anger. He opened his mouth to speak as he stared him down.

Shut the fuck up, ya reject. I’ll kill you.

Next, his eyes landed on Anna. “This is 'yer thing, ain't it? Just tell me whatever the fuck ya want me to do. I can be sneaky, and I’ve been stealin’ since I was a fuckin’ kid. This is gonna be fuckin’ easy as shit.

He wouldn't lose again. It was time for some serious changes.

The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Damafaud Damafaud simj26 simj26 Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed

Chou Shima, Camila Gaspari
SCENE:
Tigers Arc 2: Scene 4 [Hostile Agenda]
PARTICIPANTS:
Camila, August, Chou, Matsuda
Hostile Agenda

<<< Remember

A soft hum came from a slender, purple-haired girl as she was attempting to walk across the back of a bench in a small Central Park. Chou didn’t care that it was raining. Not really, anyway.

She held her arms out to her side like a T-pose, attempting to stay upright and not slip. These benches were the best since they were nailed to the ground to keep people from stealing them easier.

Her tongue was out in concentration as she was starting to get more soaked by the second.

There was a group chat she was in that held her fellow Tiger co-workers. They were assigned a project that needed them to acquire information from a competitor? They also needed to set the record straight for their client.

After all, libel and slander weren’t nice!

Don’t know why her skills were necessary though. Did it require sound engineering? Or perhaps maybe it aligned with her physical capabilities more than her smarts?

Chou hopped and turned around on the bench as she went the other direction, waiting for her ride to pick her up. It would be her first time meeting Lilim!

This was an unusually smooth and peaceful day for Camila, as she made sure to clear her schedule for most of the week in order to focus on this new task, probably the most important job she’s taken so far this year. No calls, orders or anything of the like, it helped clear her mind and take some time to herself as she enjoyed a hot cup of hot coffee while driving under the sunny rain. First thing on the list was to pick up a rookie who for some reason was assigned to this job, Chou Shima, alias “Mothman”, as they had arranged to meet at a certain point. Unfortunately Camila didn’t manage to get much info on her, as the info of her joining was very recent, though as long as she wasn’t a hindrance, it wasn’t much of a problem.

A few minutes later she arrived at the meeting location, and happily sitting on a bench under the rain was a young woman who very much fit the photos…weird.

“Hey, Mothman, right?” Said Camila after lowering the car’s window and briefly tapping the horn.

Chou, at some point, had sat on the back of the bench and slid down to sit like a normal person, her legs swinging back and forth, eyes on the lookout for her ride.

A vehicle had pulled up to the sidewalk nearby, which she assumed was Lilim, since she didn’t actually hear her code name being used.

She hopped off the bench and bounded over, her one hand waving as her other hand started to type into her phone to text to talk, “Hi! Lilim?” The voice that came from her device would be… well, maybe unexpected since it was a deep man’s voice.

“What the fuck?” Was this perhaps some sort of joke? This rookie had a lot of bravery to do it if that was the case, or perhaps…

“Wait a second, you can’t speak?”

Chou stopped right by the side of the car, looking in the lowered window. Luckily, this time she could see Camila’s lips. “I’m deaf! If I tried to talk, it’d make no sense.”

“Oh for fucks sake…”
Camila closed her eyes as she pinched the bridge of her nose. How the fuck would this NOT be communicated until NOW!? Now they had to deal with an annoying deaf brat during the job…Although, wait a second.

“Wait, so that means you can read lips? Please tell me you can”

Chou nodded in confirmation, rain water dripping down her face as she did so, then text-to-talked again, “I’m excited to work with you! Also, can I please get in?”

“Good, then, that makes things more manageable, alright kid, hop in”
She opened the door for Chou to enter. “Don’t got any towels though, sorry about that” She didn’t sound all that sorry, to be honest. Not that Chou could tell.

With an excited squeak, she slid onto the passenger seat after quickly wringing her hair out outside. After closing the door, she dug into her pockets and pulled out… something in her closed fist. She moved her hand over to Camila with a smile to give her the unseen item.

“You giving your senior a present? Heh, not bad, kid” Camila opened her hand to accept whatever Chou was about to hand over.

Chou opened her hand and what fell into Camila’s was… a pair of squishy earplugs.

In Chou’s free hand, she text-to-talked, “Just in case!”

“Uh, sure, whatever”
With an expression that could be described as the middle point between annoyed and dumbfounded, Camila just lazily put them in her pocket. She only hoped that at least the other Rookie was a normal person, she really didn’t feel like working with three weirdos at once.

“Anyways, strap in, we’re off to meet with Taz and Smog, also…I’m assuming you did your research on the job, right?”

Chou buckled herself up as requested then nodded, “I looked into the company. They have a big game release soon and they’re having issues with an employee for another company they wanna buy. A mess really. If you know anything extra, I’m all eyes!”

“Well, at least you’re more informed than Au- Taz already, not a bad start, also speaking of Taz”

Camila pulled her work phone from her pocket. “Gimme a second, gotta update the airhead”.

She noticed that she already had a message from August, perhaps he had some important info to tell her already? She checked what he had written almost excitedly, but her expression quickly turned into that of annoyance as she scrolled down the thousands of words, all talking about the goddamn Alduron’s Wrath game.

“Auggie, for fuck’s sake I told you that days ago, were you even listening? Also I wouldn’t worry too much, this company has overall a pretty solid rep so they probably won’t fuck it up unless they add like a bunch of shitty microtransactions, anyways I picked up Mothman and we’re all about to meet now, I’ll send you a link to the place” And…send.

“Alright, let’s not waste any more time, I’ll give you the deets on the way”.

Meanwhile, Chou was adding Lilim to her phone notes!

>>> To Next Post

Yuto Nishimura
SCENE:
Serpents Arc 2: Scene 2 [Tailing The Dragon's Heart]
PARTICIPANTS:
Anna, Tri, Bash, Kisara
TAILING THE DRAGON'S HEART
A small tune hummed low in Yuto's throat, his three fuchsia eyes roaming the side of the dirty walls they were surrounded by. After seeing the photo of the gem they were supposedly after, Yuto quickly lost interest in the conversation. Seeing the gem was enough- he figured. What good is a game without a challenge?

Yuto giggled to himself, clearly lost in his own thoughts. However, his eyes quickly snapped to... Bach? Brian? Oh- right, Bash! he tutted disapprovingly, "tch tch, language language Mr Bash~ no one likes a rude dude~ hehehe.."

As excited as he was for this game, food was more on his mind. He hadn't had time to eat anything before coming here... This was partly why Yuto hated timed destinations. If he couldn't take his time- then why arrive at all?! Though, of course he still decided to come. If he didn't- well... then he would be left out. That just seemed so boring.

Feeling impatient boredom slowly creeping up his veins, Yuto glanced at the wall. behind him, analyzing. It was dirty, sure, but it seemed stable enough to carry his weight. Distractedly, Yuto calmly took his shoes and socks off, spinning around to face the grimy wall. Hopping up, he stuck his palms and feet to the wall, arching his back so he could still face the other four, his neck stretching a bit uncomfortably to accommodate.

His vision of them was now upside down, but he didn't mind. In fact- it was kinda funny! Yuto cackled, his shoulders shaking. "You all look like bats~"

Out of all of these strange serpents, one in particular caught his eye due to her looking so different. His eyes scanned Kisara, his gaze finally landing on her eyes and horns. Was she an alien? She didn't look human... though Yuto supposed he's seen people a lot more weirder and different in his time.

Baring his teeth in a playful smile, his voice carried on excitedly. "Is there a prize?! Food?! please tell me there will be food..." Yuto's definition of food varied. In this case- he didn't mind what he got. Human flesh or pastries, he wanted it all.

Only having caught bits and pieces of the convo due to his distracted mind, Yuto wasn't too sure about whatever plan they had, If they even had one yet- but he figured he would go along with whatever happened. Improv!

Matsuda Russo
SCENE:
Tigers Arc 2: Scene 4 [Hostile Agenda]
PARTICIPANTS:
August, Camila, Chou
HOSTILE AGENDA

<<< Remember

If Matsuda was being honest, he had no idea what he was getting himself into this time. He knew it was something about a company or whatever- he just hoped it wasn't... too dangerous. He really only took the job for the pay- which was- quite a hefty sum if he did say so himself.

In the while he was working for the Tigers, he'd already earned a buttload of cash... However- thanks to his stupidly soft heart, he lent a lot of his to his father already. Matsuda naively thought, this time- his father would use his money for good... Matsuda didn't know why he even gave him a chance to prove himself. This didn't mean Matsuda could quit unfortunately. Despite his father gambling off the money HE earned- AGAIN, he still needed to pay off his stupid debts.

Even if Matsuda despised his father, he still cared for him. Plus he had his brothers to care for. He couldn't just leave them with their deranged old man.

Sighing to himself, Matsuda kicked away a stray coffee can on the sidewalk. He almost regretted doing this. This mission seemed more treacherous than he would have hoped for. He could almost taste the anxiety building up in his chest. His shoulders tense, Matsuda ran a hand through his hair, his gaze fixated on his moving shoes. He forewent his usual hat, figuring if his gas mask is ever needed, his cap would only get in the way.

He hoped it wouldn't have to come to that.

he knew whoever they were after wouldn't go down too easily, he just wished they'd make things... less difficult for themselves. For their own sakes.

>>> To Next Post

SCENE:
Tigers Arc 2: Scene 3 [Happily Ever After]
PARTICIPANTS:
Alice, Elias, Jack, Charmy, Jackson
Happily Ever After

Jack couldn’t fathom how people walked around dressed like this all the time. Due to his current circumstances, Jessi thought it best that he don a much more different sort of apparel. Sporting a pair of hiking sandals, crew socks, khaki shorts, a Hawaiian shirt, and some sunglasses, it was like he was a completely different person. Jack rubbed his elbow uneasily, ‘This is the worst…’ he thought to himself, ‘and Jessi’s staying home too. I get we hang out all the time, but would it really be that obvious if ‘ey tagged along?’ He questioned himself, glancing around the outside of the mall. ‘How’d I get lasso’d into this anyway, there’s gotta be better people for huntin’ n’ trackin’ anyhow.’

Walking through the main entrance of the mall, Jack took a wide look around, taking note of the shops as we continued inside. ‘Not nearly as nice as ours are, but I guess without my store in it what chance did it have?’ He didn’t make it far though before the scent of fresh hot pretzels caused the stomach to growl loudly. ‘Well, I guess it is about time for lunch, and I’m sure the others are already on her trail…’ He headed in the direction of Penny’s Pretzels as a crash, of what he assumed was clothing racks, rang out a bit farther into the mall. “Buncha’ rascals I bet,” he grunted to himself as he continued on towards the stand.

He ordered 3 pretzels and a hotdog, took a seat at a nearby table, and proceeded to devour all of the food in mere seconds. The hot bread set him at ease, letting himself relax as he took in the mall once more, and wondered how Elijah and Ms. Fortune were faring. Well he wouldn’t get much done just lounging around, as he stood up and walked over to the nearest store. A shoe store, seemingly devoid of any boots, which immediately put him back into his uneasy mood.

RAPHAEL SHAW
SCENE:
Phoenixes Arc 2: Scene 2 [The Bounty]
PARTICIPANTS:
Hide, Kyoden, Raphael, Sang-Cheol
THE BOUNTY
Raphael Shaw was hunting today, and he couldn’t be more thrilled. After everything that had happened the week before, with all the static that buzzed in his head… He needed this.

His quarry? A clandestine sect of traitors… Former Sable Serpents, loyalists to an old, dead regime that Snake—Caio and Raph, together—had purged years ago. Or so they had thought… Remnants still remained, insane scientists and their bogeyman snatching people off the streets to undergo horrific human experimentation in the search for the answer to the question of the age, the question of Homo Potentialis… Not unlike what the Sable Serpents—under Caio and Tri in Lab Icarus—did to this day.

Which meant that these people were the competition. The Serpents would suffer no rival… And so for years now, Caio had tasked Raph with hunting down these traitors and ending them, a task he reveled in.

The memories typically flooded back at a time like this. Of the date. Of his face. Of the feeling as the world started to tilt as his mind succumbed to the drugged wine… Then he was there again. Strapped to an operating table in a hole under the earth, with no light but for the antiseptic fluorescence trickling in from a hole in the sky far overhead. There no was sound but for the screaming of men, and women, and children as the cocktail of dirty chemical product coursed through their veins… Turned their bodies to jelly before his very eyes. One by one by one... And then it was his turn.

Ah.... How embarrassing.”

Raph had let his mind wander a bit too far that time. Taking a drag from his still-lit cigarette, Raph absently wiped at his eyes to focus them once more on the task at hand. They were, the three of them, on the slanting rooftop of a decrepit commercial building that overlooked the street, and across the street lay a nondescript tenement house. That was their target. The sky of the North was overcast and dark, like it always seemed to be… The smog parted only briefly here and there to let a few scattershot rays of the afternoon sunlight fall like droplets to the ruined district below.

Kyoden was with him. He was a comfort, though Raph would never admit such out loud. More than that, though, he was an asset in a fight. With him here, this would be a breeze. Raph only hoped he’d save some for him. ~

And also there was Sang-Cheol… Raph shot the scientist a smug look and wiggled his four fingers in a rough approximation of a wave. He could not recall if Sang had ever accompanied him on one of his hunts—probably not. Raph barely recognized him outside of his lab. But that was why he was here. Sang-Cheol was a scientist. Perhaps he’d find something interesting in the house across the street, something that might aid his own research… Not that Raph cared one way or the other, so long as he could do what he willed with the people inside.

I wonder if they can feel me, here. Their crowning achievement… It is once again time to give them a taste of their success.

But before Raph could leap down from the railing to which he clung and stomp his way across the road, an unexpected voice rang out, cutting clear through the quiet, gloomy silence of the all-but abandoned neighborhood.

Raph’s eyes widened in amused surprise as they landed on the origin of the outburst… Fate has a funny way of bringing people together, Raph thought with a sly smirk as he let go of the bannister and fell from the side of the building. He landed in a crouch before the man with the big mouth, before slowly rising to his feet, his still-lit cigarette billowing smoke as he pinched it between two fingers.

Well, well, well.... It’s you.”

>>> To The Next Post

1649275634297.png

Kanna Katsura - Azure Dragons - Jack [CS LINK]
Scene - Dragons Arc 2 | Scene 3: Error 404
Location - Undercity, Central District
Mentions/Interactions - Isaiah Spade ( Lucem Lucem )

<<< Remember

Kanna nodded at Isaiah's words. She pressed a button on her remote, locking her car before the two left the parking garage. Another part of Kanna's life that had to be put on hold, she spent her off time during the past days to visually change most of her vehicles, so that they wouldn't be recognizable on the road.

While the two walked, Kanna glanced around, watching other people pass by. Some seemed to be on their way to work. Others were simply out on the town, looking for something to do. The Jack always wondered if people were genuinely oblivious to what was going around them, or if they chose to be ignorant. The presence of the gangs in all four of the outer districts wasn't exactly a secret, in fact in certain areas is was very publicized. But Central was a different territory. No gang had full control over it. The CDPD had a pretty strong presence over the streets as of now, but that didnt stop gang activity from occurring in Central. Every now and then, Kanna had thought of her future where she denied her father's invite. How different would her life have been if she didn't join the Dragons. But it wasn't out of doubt. Kanna knew that, while at first difficult to find her place, being a part of the Dragons was the right decision.

She continued to observe her surroundings, keeping quiet for most of the walk until they reached the apartment building. Standing four stories tall, it wasn't anything special. Modern enough where you didn't feel like you were living paycheck to paycheck, but not expensive like those extravagant buildings in Upper Central. Kanna pulled out her phone, bringing up the profile that the Dragons had on the man they were about to see.

Xavier Langston....

According to the Dragon's records, he was a former member who wanted out of the gang life when his daughter was born. He married a woman named Naomi, and their daughter was named Lily. Apparently, he got wrapped up in some business with the Serpents and had a falling out. To protect his wife and daughter, he asked the Dragons to shelter them in the East. It seemed that the Dragons agreed, on the condition that he acted as their eyes and ears within Central.

"Here, take a look."

Kanna passed her phone over to Isaiah so that he could read through the information. Her eyes looked over the panel of doorbells, labeled with the last names of the tenants. When she saw Langston's name, her finger hovered over the button. Kanna glanced over to Isaiah. Once he was done looking at the info, she took her phone back and spoke quietly.

"We'll use our aliases, Octave and Valkyrie. We were sent by the Queen to inquire about his reports of the targets. He shouldn't need to know anything more than that."

Once Isaiah acknowledged the plan, Kanna pressed the buzzer, speaking after the tone.

"Xavier, we're here from the Dragons."

A pause. The only reply they got was the door buzzing and unlocking. Kanna reached for the handle, opening it and let Isaiah enter first before following.

"He's on the fourth floor, 421."

Once the two made it to the door, Kanna knocked. While they waited, she took one last look at her phone, navigating to the voice memo app. Kanna pressed the record button, then slipped the phone back into her jacket pocket.

>>> To Next Post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back