• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Isaiah Spade
CS Link
SCENE:
Dragons Arc 1: Scene 1 [Rogue of the Night]
PARTICIPANTS:
Isaiah, Meirin QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel , Kairong simj26 simj26 , Reveler Mqueserasera Mqueserasera , Robin Anne Boolean Anne Boolean
ROGUE OF THE NIGHT
Before Isaiah could hear the rest of Silver's answer, their conversation was suddenly interrupted by a familiar voice. As soon as the door was opened for them, Black Curant entered the room, panicked and out of breath. Concerned, Isaiah opened his mouth to ask if the soft-spoken worker was alright. However, the words refused to come out.

No matter how much he tried to speak, he could only stutter. His failed attempts reminded him of the many times he'd seen others struggle to voice their thoughts in Silver's presence, and now that he finally experienced it himself, one of his long-standing questions had been answered. The manager had a Potential, one that rendered others mute. It was similar to an effect of his own ability, and he couldn't help but think of Eli Azar's alias once again. An odd theory came to mind, but he decided to set that aside for the moment, as Black gave out a concerning piece of information.

The others had been found out. He wasn't sure how it happened, but instead of questioning it, he immediately went to inform the rest of the team. Once again, he used his Potential to make it look as if he hadn't budged, allowing him to text everyone without raising any suspicion. He let them know that Silver was now aware of what was happening in the lobby and was on his way. Hopefully, they'd be able to do something before the older man arrived.

As he finished sending his message, Isaiah noticed that there was another occupant in the room, one that slipped inside while the two staff members talked. While her appearance was somewhat blurred, letting him know he was facing something under the influence of his ability, he could clearly see Meirin and the message displayed on her phone. He was grateful for the information she provided, as well as her offer to assist him if things took a turn for the worse. Although, it would be best if he didn't need to take her up on said offer.

Dispelling his illusions, Isaiah turned his attention from Black to Silver. When asked if he was with the Dragons in the lobby, the Ace's expression changed. However, instead of appearing shocked or worried, he now wore a look of genuine confusion. The others in the room may have taken it as him being puzzled by a possible accusation, but Isaiah was perplexed by the claim that the workers were being threatened. Black hadn't mentioned anything about that, but it was possible that they had been the person messaging Silver. While he didn't want to believe that someone in his group would threaten the staff so soon after entering Paradise Forever, he couldn't ignore how scared Black looked. What was happening in the lobby?

With his ability to speak returned, Isaiah took things one step at a time, starting with Silver's question. "I promise you that I have no part in that. I'd never threaten the safety of the workers. Although, considering the timing, I wouldn't blame you if you had doubts." If his identity being revealed was something that only put him at risk, his answer may have differed. However, letting Silver in on his secret had the potential to affect many lives. It wasn't a matter of whether he could trust someone he'd known since he was a child.

He always took steps to protect his identity. Only a few of the Dragons knew his real face and name, the vast majority of the gang only knowing the masks he often wore. He tried very hard to keep what little remained of his personal life separate from his life in the underworld, all in an effort to protect those who had connections to him. When he first joined the gang, he was hesitant to speak to the people he knew in the Pleasure District, held back by the thought that they'd become unfortunate victims in a crossfire if enemies found out who he was. While he'd taken big steps since then, he still refused to let his secret slip, worried about what could happen to his last living relative.

Ever since his aunt made it known that she wanted nothing to do with him anymore, Isaiah had done his best to completely stay out of her life. Unfortunately, his very existence was a poison to her, and his name getting out would put her in grave danger. That's why he couldn't afford to be found out. He'd sooner die than let her face the consequences of his decision to walk this path.

"If Dragons are threatening the workers, I'm concerned about leaving Black here alone. I'd like to stay with them until they've calmed down a bit, but only if you two are okay with me being here." While speaking, he turned his attention toward Black as they stepped further into the office. For the sake of the investigation and making sure the pink-haired worker was okay, it seemed like the best course of action, especially now that he had a tip from Meirin. They were frightened enough to burst into tears, and he couldn't help but worry about their condition.

"I don't think I'd be of much help with the situation in the lobby, but I can accompany you if you'd prefer that, Silver." In the case that he left with Silver, he could still try to help ease any tension there may have been between the Dragons and the workers. Although, doing so without exposing his identity could prove difficult. At the very least, he felt more comfortable about leaving the office and Black while Meirin was here.

>>> To Next Post

Last edited:
Yo "Kiyohime" Saiwa
In Scene: Kasumi ( FabulousTrash FabulousTrash ) | Jesper ( AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa ) | Kazue ( azenva azenva )​

Eye of Providence​
1640729159231.pngWhile Kasumi reached out to Kanna, Yo took to looking through the camera that were still active, her mind racing a mile a minute. A sharp canine nibbled on her lower lip before throwing a response back at Jesper, “Do your own thing. Doesn’t need to be the same.

Her phone buzzed with a text from Meirin. She opened the message and got a little confused, then responded:

Silence was using their services? I’ll let you know that is extremely weird of him. Then again, this whole thing is. If you can get names, that would be helpful. We can try and run them. The poison was unidentifiable, so if you can find something that fits that, then you can try but it might not be contained to a kitchen.” ( QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel ) Yo’s mind was put slightly at ease that Isaiah relayed that text she sent to the rest of the group. She hoped their investigation was going well.

Kasumi spoke up, stating she didn’t know what she was looking at. “Can you explain– you know what, nevermind. Instead, were you able to identify where and what the source was?

Jesper had headed back out as Guardian. Probably for the best. Everything seemed contained to the Pleasure District and sitting here wasn’t going to help matters. Yo stepped away from the table and moved over to something she had sitting on another table–

Her gloves.

As Kasumi answered, Yo slipped one on, making sure her fingers fit perfectly with the metal claws at the ends. She flexed her hand, using her non-gloved one, she threw a text at Mirembe:

Meet us outside of HQ. ASAP.” ( gxxberkit gxxberkit )

Kazue then entered, and Yo nodded their way. “Great. There’s been a huge leak of our information. Pleasure District is compromised. Jesper went out as Guardian. I don’t know what’s going on with the patrol group I sent out. So we’re going. Batesian is meeting us outside. Code names until further notice. Enemies have infiltrated. Be alert.” It was time for the Queen to hit the streets.

Yo slipped on her other glove and made her way past Kazue and out into the hall. “Cipher, you come as well.

Expecting Kazue and Kasumi to follow, Yo made her way outside of HQ where she expected to see Mirembe, hoping they were nearby when she sent the text.

>>> To Next Post

Last edited:
D2bj5XJVAAAhA6T.jpg

Akane Miyazaki

Noland was standing his ground. Akane respected that. Sadly, it seemed as if he didn't know anything. She would have considered the possibility that he was withholding information, but the tired demeanor made her feel as if he didn't currently have the will for that. She had seen good actors before, but she doubted any could be this good. Thankfully, she didn't need to press him for a lead. He was more than willing to call someone to give them information. A strong and smart man.

When Catherine (quite literally) dropped it, it seemed as if Akane was being shown all three dimensions of Noland. He wasn't just the strong silent type, but had connections with which he could show at least some form of fondness, even if it was just a simple push. These lead looked promising as well, and Akane watched as she scrolled through her phone for photographic evidence. Upon seeing the screen though, she was left a little confused.

Normally, she would love to see pictures of cute animals, but their bloodshot eyes made the snap just eerie. Catherine's explanation explained things, but sadly this just added on another mystery onto their plates.

She let out a sigh. "I really wish you took a picture of the 'blind motherfucker' as well..." she said. Still, not all hope was lost. There was still information to be gathered from this. The woman opened her mouth to ask some follow up questions when she heard Alex's voice in her ear. Her expression immediately soured with her pressing. She looked at Hector, and could only respond to his gaze by giving a sarcastic shrug, one which you would see coming from a mom in a detergent commercial after her kid again soiled the clothes she had just washed. She assumed that Hector went to fill Greed in when he stepped away, but couldn't resist pressing the device in her own ear and giving the Jack some snark. "I thought this was supposed to be just an investigation..."

Akane then made her way over to the crates where Catherine had taken a seat. She remained standing, remembering Noland's disapproval, but continued questioning nonetheless. "Can you describe this man, then?" she asked. "And can you tell us more about how the animals act when he's around?" It seemed Hector had finished his update as well by that time and joined to hear the woman's answers.

>>> To the next post

Interactions: Catherine, Noland ( BriiAngelic BriiAngelic ), Hector ( WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten ), Alex ( Tobi Naefaerne Tobi Naefaerne )
Over earpiece: Hide ( Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed ), Helva ( Peckinou Peckinou )

Last edited by a moderator:
Elias Yumin
SCENE:
Tigers Arc 1: Scene 3 [High Life]
Albino Tiger Penthouse Suite, West District District
PARTICIPANTS:
Elias, Sophia, Yulia, Markus, Isobel, Callahan
High Life

Shrugging as Sophia declared her reluctance to work on an empty stomach, Elias nodded in understanding, his violet orbs drifting to the other ‘lady’ in their VIP table. There was nothing quite as fascinating as watching a woman disappear, literally, then reappear with a shot gun. Eyebrows rose as Yulia pushed past him to the interior veranda, his lips curving upwards upward in amusement. Elias was all to happy to let the Veteran Tiger take the lead while he smoothly followed behind. There was much to be gained from watching how an experienced gangster handled things, after all.

His eyes shifted briefly towards a ‘mousy-looking’ girl that swiftly entered Markus’s den, sensing her gaze on them (if ever so briefly), before returning to Yulia, aka Knox, as she fired a blank shot in the air. Or rather, at all the shocked faces beneath them.

The gunshot was startling…but really no surprise considering who he was interacting with. Probably a bit excessive, but very gangster-like~ More importantly, it was effective at allowing Elias to pick out the odd ones out—i.e. the eyes that didn’t look Knox’s way as…or at least not in fear…as she addressed the crowd below. One of those eyes, of course, was Sophia, who was busy greeting the procurer of her Hamburger Helper. Watching with interest as someone as swung the first fist, knocking a person into the waitress and causing the platter of hamburger helper in the air, Elias might looked away if not for the person that had been knocked into the waitress:

387-3874816_394kib-850x601-1450532869716-kaiki-deishu.png
Ronald Crawford.

It was like a domino effect afterwards…fists upon fists. Not an ounce of fear amongst the partygoers. Perhaps they thought it to be a special effect. Or, perhaps, they just didn’t care. Rich kids (like himself) were spoilt like that—moreso if they were Tigers. As lofty and money-loving as they were of the four gangs, they were still gangsters. Violence was part of their everyday lives, after all.

Elias sighed. As much as he would’ve enjoyed watching the ensuing chaos from afar, taking note of the ones that joined the fighting and the ones that tried to prevent the fighting, he could only imagine how happy Miss Wonder would be with her dinner up in the air and he rather liked Crawford, whose memory he messed with. Poor NP wouldn’t stand a chance if the resident narcotics expert became physical at the transgression towards her Hamburger Helper. The sap didn’t even know he’d been suckered into a pyramid scheme—one in which he had very little chance of climbing…without support of course. Elias couldn’t say why he’d decided to help the gangster out. Pay his debts. Help him with his array of cash-grabbing schemes. At first, it’d been boredom. However, the more he saw of his fellow rookie Tiger, the more entertained he became.

Wouldn’t it be funny if a weak Np toppled gang structure and found a place on one of the Tiger thrones?

At the very least, it proved an interesting challenge to alleviate the boredoms of everyday life…granted, Elias had nothing against Markus Weiss. It was human nature to want things. To masks ones heart, give in to temptation, and drive the nail in to achieve ones’ goals. Rather, such dedication should be applauded to a degree. It was quality Elias himself lacked.

“It seems all of them are willing to kick up a ruckus,” Elias replied amusedly to Yulia’s question since no one else seemed to. “I would advise we notify the king’s security” he was referring, of course, to the black dressed bodyguards that Markus hired, “and lock the doors all windows so as to keep the chaos contained.”

Normally pulling the fire alarm, or perhaps another several gunshots, was enough to cease the fighting, but it was just as likely to cause everyone to run out the building, and the more the violence leaked, the more likely they were to draw the attention of law enforcement. Gangsters, the ones that didn’t want fighting at least, wouldn’t like that.

Stepping up beside the woman with the shotgun, Elias’s palms pressed against the balustrade as he tossed himself over her veranda and into the crowd of fighting partygoers on the dancefloor. Ducking a tray of flying drinks and sidestepping a haphazardly thrown punch, Elias made his way to Ronald, catching the NP’s fist before it could land on its target—the one who’d punched him into the waitress. “Now, now, that’s enough of that.”

As Ronald angrily protested, struggling against Elias’s grip, the dark haired HP activated his potential, diving into Ronald’s memories and cutting away any memory of being knocked into the waitress. The gunshot. And the couple of minutes prior to the gunshot. Didn’t seem like Ronald knew much about what caused the initial commotion anyway. Elias watched as struggling gradually stopped and his friend blinked confusedly at him. “What are you doing down here, Yu--Anamnesis?” He looked around wildly. “Why is everyone fighting?”

“I have no idea, but I don’t think the King will be very happy if this continues in his penthouse….”
Elias’ eyes searched for Sophia. Technically, he could use his potential on every single party-goer fighting…dive into their memories, search out what instigated the commotion, and make them forget it ever happened…but that would a lot of people to go through. Weiss didn’t pay enough for such effort. “Miss Wonder! If you are done with your hamburger, could you—” A fist found its way to Elias’s face. The Homo Potentialis didn’t flinch. Instead, his eyes flickered to the man that Ronald had been fighting—the one who threw the first punch—with disdain. Elias didn’t fancy himself a fighter, but his Ex—his only real girlfriend really—had been a martial artist…and it wasn’t as if he hadn’t learned a thing or two on some of their dates.

“Did you not hear Miss Knox earlier?” Elias hand shot out, fingers encasing the NP’s neck like an immovable vice. “Kids that cause a ruckus at a Tiger party are going to get punished.”

And through his memories, Elias dove.

Elenion Aura Elenion Aura GrieveWriter GrieveWriter The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Saturn_moon Saturn_moon Nova Anyw Nova Anyw

>>> To Next Post

SCENE:
PARTICIPANTS:
Reveler, Isaiah, Meirin, Robin

Kairong kept his silence as the ladies of the house acted. Even without the opaque glass shielding his amber eyes, they did not betray any emotion, staring straight at Raven, calm, unmoving. Then, slowly, his lips curled upwards, and he opened his mouth. From it, his staccato laugh emerged, loud, and clear, full of mirth. It was curt, brief, but strong, and he regained his composure before long.

“I did not think we would need to ask for your permission.” Kairong’s wan smile did not fade from his face. Whether he had meant what he said as an attempt at humor or a veiled threat would be better left to his own knowledge. “Let it be known that I also did not think that we would require subterfuge, even in the wake of my attempted lie. I am against such underhanded approaches. The old bones do not agree with pretending to be someone that I am not. The youth are,” he waved his hands towards his youngers, “entitled to do as they wish, however. I am not their chaperone- they are old enough to think for themselves, and they are free to do as they wish.” He returned his glasses to his eyes, obscuring them once more, and tipped his head slightly. “However, since I am already present here, I wish to apologise for our intrusion.” Though the old man offered these words, there was not a hint of submission in them. If his hosts were any sharper in their senses, they would have instead picked up a hint of wariness and an edge underneath the mirth.

In days past, he would have pumped his fists, and jabbed fingers in Reveler’s and Robin’s disguised faces, were they his peers, and told them that their foolish ideas were as a drop of water upon a raging waterfall- feeble and weak. Now, however, he would keep this boisterous counsel to himself. Rather, he waved to Robin dismissively. “Time to show your face, boy.” He did not, however, posit the same suggestion to Reveler. While he loathed to put even one of his wards in the crosshairs, there would be no avoiding it, if they were to foster a healthier relationship with their hosts. However, since Reveler was wearing the guise of someone the women would scarce recognise, she need not reveal her nature. He glanced towards Robin. If the boy had any sense, though, he would do well to adopt a face different from his real one. “Take care to choose your appearances well,” he offered. He mused to himself if that was enough. No matter. Whatever challenges may come, he will surmount them, with his fists, or otherwise.

Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Mqueserasera Mqueserasera

>>> To Next Post

Lyric Ashton Crianza
PARTICIPANTS:
Ziz ( OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi ), Yong-Yut ( gxxberkit gxxberkit ), Fixer ( GrieveWriter GrieveWriter ), Charlie (@Kai_Drescher)

Involved Via Text:
Alex ( Tobi Naefaerne Tobi Naefaerne ) Hector ( WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten ) Hide ( Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed ) Helva ( Peckinou Peckinou ) Akane ( Anne Boolean Anne Boolean )

Involved Via Dying:
Nina ( Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider )
From The Ashes

Ah the enthusiasm of the young. Charlie had spirit if nothing else. She let out a fond low chuckle as the kid landed right on his ass. With a quick couple strides, she went to the boy's side with the intention of quickly lifting him up from beneath his arms. Bernardo however seemed to get there before she herself could.

“How cute, two baby birds getting along.”

She would have continued to tease but she soon got a face full of feathers as Ziz jumped at her. She threw her arms around the girl bracing her as still as she could as the girl went off about wanting fruity drinks.

“Ok-ok- ZIZ we’ll get you your drinks.”

Yong’s resigned voice caught in her ears as she fought Ziz off.

“For the destruction that occurred… this is going well enough. Rome wasn’t built in a day and all that jazz. We’re in the home stretch, it’ll get easier to stomach once more citizens come moving back in…”

She lifted Ziz with relative ease despite the awkwardness of the girl’s giant feathers. Once she did she placed her down by some of the piles of rubble they had created for the day.

“All this rubble, goes in the trucks Ziz. Once thats done we’re going for drinks got it?”

That should give the girl some motivation at least. She left the girl to her own devices as she started with the largest pieces of rubble having the easiest time with it out of the group as she could toss them like feathers.

She stopped as she saw a swarm of black butterflies flying high and away further east. A sudden scream sounded from the northeast of them. She grabbed her hammer before she started to run towards the sound of the screaming.

“LET’S GO”

She opened the text she had sent to each of her investigating phoenixes activating her speak to text.

“Swarm of black butterflies heading west. Somethings happen. More information soon. KEEP AN EYE OUT.”

Her footsteps stopped as she reached the source of the screaming after a period of running. Nina had seemed to have fallen from the sky, throat sliced and bones bent and snapped. Her sack poured out, spilling out potatoes and cheese. The citizens around letting themselves be corralled by the Phoenixes on the scene.

Rage poured out of her as she started to look for anyone suspicious. No dice aside from some obviously queasy civilians they were surrounded by their own phoenixes. Dropping Nina here was clearly to send a message.

Message Well Received.

Another hitting of the buttons on her phone had the text pull up once more with rage in her voice she spoke once more.

“Quetzal is dead.”

Pocketing her phone she called out to a nearby gang member.

“Status Report now.”

-----------------------------------------------

“Body Dropped. The rest haven’t moved from the docks.”

“Move to lower ground. Now that their eyes have left they’ll be expecting your position”

--------------------------------------------------

It was obvious that Nina was not killed where she was dropped. The lack of blood and the paleness of the body spoke to the scene of the fight and death being nowhere in sight. The swarm of butterflies would have been enough of an oddity but aside from the sack full of food and random shiny objects it didn’t seem anything else was with her. No weapons, no radio, nothing that would indicate Nina was acting as Quetzal.

“Coalescence, SIR. Our team was just working on the rebuilding of the area…Quetz-Quetzal fell when a swarm of black butterflies came through. Fox, Muskrat, and Panda started following the swarm they said they’d check in once they found out more.”

>>> To The Next Post

Last edited:
BabyBlue
"Surveillance Room, Azure Dragons HQ, East District"
PARTICIPANTS:
Yo ( Taigakitt Taigakitt ), Kasumi ( FabulousTrash FabulousTrash ), Meirembe ( gxxberkit gxxberkit ), Kazue ( azenva azenva )
Eye of Providence

“Sector 4 and 5 cleared. Lupine and Monarch on the move.”

They clicked the piece off as they scaled up the fire escape of a nearby building pausing only momentarily to hear the commotion of ghoul and some nearby dragons waiting until the sounds had passed before continuing their climb. The thick of the fog hid them well. Once the fight has left far enough they continued their climb. The rooftops were far less secure but their setup had already been placed.

They crawled low to the rooftop until they had to jump across to the next, and repeated this over and over. As they crossed the final building they caught the ledge with both hands pulling themselves up by their fingertips jumping over the banister of the roof. They grabbed their copy of the map out of their pocket. This should be the building. With a hidden key pulled from their sleeve, they unlocked the storage room on the particular roof pulling out a few different guns from the room.

After a period of setup, the figure had several guns prepared to aim for Dragon HQ. Dropping the mask lower they lined up the guns precisely to prepare. These guns, though built for subduing HPs, wouldn't have the force needed for a quick kill due to the sheer distance. Still hit a target enough and they will go down. They clicked their earpiece once more.

“Poseidon’s supporting Ghoul. Red if you’re still around sectors 1 to 3 get the hell out. It’s ready.”

----

She lined up the guns once more as she saw her target. The dragon queen. All once she started firing with all the firepower they had raining gunfire on the unsuspecting Dragons

>>> To The Next Post

Last edited:
SCENE:
Serpents Arc 1: Scene 2 [Pumping Out The Volume]
PARTICIPANTS:
Caio, Vice
Pumping Out The Volume

Did this kid think he was a joke?

If Sang-Cheol were a kettle right now, steam would be erupting out of every orifice on his face. He wanted to throttle this man and crush every bone this man had into dust. Sang-Cheol gritted his teeth in irritation as the man-child started pulling on his hair. "You think I'm joking around?" Sang-Cheol said with deadly intent in his voice. Just as he was about to grab the hem of the rookie's shirt and throw him down to the ground, the man slipped out of his grip and jumped off his back after a brief struggle. Without hesitation, he stood straight and reached out to grab his gun. If he were lucky enough, he would be able to bust a cap into his knee, at least. Yuto had a potentiality, so a simple shot in a knee would probably prove non-fatal.

"Listen here, do you that shit again, and you're-" But by the time he grabbed his gun, the rookie had already climbed onto Snake's back. Fucking great, now he couldn't shoot him. Had it been anyone else, other than the boss, of course, he would have taken the shot, but it had to be Snake. "Fuck," Sang-Cheol muttered with unkempt anger. He holstered his gun and took a deep breath while looking away.

Snake said there would be higher-up cops coming over, which gave Sang-Cheol another headache. Today was not his day today. "Fucking hell, I wonder what the 'shit head of the day' will be," Sang-Cheol said to himself.

Following Snake's move, he got into the car's passenger seat. He glared at Yuto before grabbing the car handle and turning to face the car front. "Does it matter what method we'll use to lure them in?" Sang-Cheol probably knew the response. If it involved luring people or distracting them, Sang-Cheol was proficient at doing that. After all, he had always lured a non-suspecting pedestrian into an alley to beat them up. However, he didn't exactly feel like using his potentiality. Perhaps they could blow up a gas station or something, that would be a nice sight to see.

If worst comes to worst, he could always throw the rookie at them. It would be the equivalent of fixing two birds with one stone or whatever it was called.

>>> To Next Post

kei2.png

Robin Dior

Robin's stern expression noticeably faltered at Raven's callout. He had done his best with the limited information he was given, but it seemed it wasn't enough. Well, either way, it seemed Reveler was making some headway. He hoped Angel indeed had some information and wasn't just trying to make a quick buck while knowing nothing. Even Kairong seemed to have left him to his own devices, explaining that he was against any sort of deception and then telling Robin to reveal himself. The shame he felt from the chastising he had received as Silver from the old man was only compounded.

Robin couldn't help but think back. Why had they decided to do this again? It seemed like such a good idea at the time. The reasoning behind it was to not scare the workers, but they there was no need for them to be scared unless they were guilty. The Dragons were just... he himself was an example of that. Perhaps trying to do things covertly was just what the group was used to. That was the Ace's abilities, and they all seemed well-acquainted with one another.

His mind then jumped to the leaked info that was sent to his phone. His eyes once again fell on Raven. His face was everywhere, along with his power. Certainly she and the others here had seen it. It wouldn't be such a jump in logic to assume the boss you know so well to actually be an imposter if his actions were strange, no matter how slightly.

He looked over to Kairong when he spoke again, urging Robin to be careful of what face he showed. One could assume that the man meant to be honest, but despite being a fresh face to the Dragons, Robin wasn't completely stupid. Perhaps the incorrect assumption may be the best way to proceed though. Raven had assured them they were willing to talk if the Dragons were honest. That meant that either they honestly wanted to help the investigation or just had a crafty story planned. Either way, it seemed like the only way forward.

With a soft sigh, he let his disguise drop, revealing the face they would have seen on every screen not many moments before. "You're right, it was rude," he said. "We did it because we didn't want to cause any more panic. You are all very shrewd, though.

"You say you're willing to help us, so please do. And as I am choosing to be honest with you now, I hope you choose to be honest with us as well. If you have and fears, please remember, the Dragons are just. I assume you have already seen my name, my face, and my abilities, but if you don't believe me, I can tell you my story."

Interactions
: Reveler ( Mqueserasera Mqueserasera ), Kairong ( simj26 simj26 ), Raven ( Taigakitt Taigakitt )
Nearby: Isaiah ( Lucem Lucem ), Meirin ( QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel ), Silver, Black Currant, Angel, Jay

>>> To Next Post

Pump up the Volume
Soon in Scene: Caio ( BriiAngelic BriiAngelic ) | Yuto ( Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed ) | Sang-cheol ( Misuteeku Misuteeku )​

524C9E40-6A16-4C4F-A324-E9DE8283AFE4.pngJust at the bridge in Central that would lead to the Eastern side of the North district, a woman sat in her vehicle, with the toughbook (this is a laptop) opened and her phone on the holder attached to her dash. Her blue eyes quickly scanned the documents she was flicking through.

Then the alert came through. She quickly scanned the file that was dumped into her email, but just as quickly as she opened it, a second later she was deleting it. Her phone was blowing up and she watched as the three Dragons crawled across her notifications.

Hm.

Her radio went off as she started her vehicle. “10-15 in Riverwood, Section 32.” More information was relayed.

The woman popped her lips a couple of times as she moved her hand to the radio, “Copy.

~*~​

Sirens went as the vehicle zoomed down the bridge that led to Zone 2, which she would have to pass to get where she was going. She had her other team take care of the disturbance. She had another destination in mind.

Cars pulled away as she went, making the trek easy. A couple more vehicles pulled up behind her.

She smiled, looking at her reflection in the mirror briefly.

To the warehouses.

She received a response, “10-4.

Vargfang.

Copy.

You take your team and take care of the disturbance in Section 32. Snakes.

~*~​

The woman made her way with her sirening vehicle towards the warehouses, which she would have to pass if she wanted to get to HQ. Rumor had it that the Beast was loose.

>>> To Next Post

Last edited:

1640840888498.png

Kanna Katsura - Azure Dragons - Jack [CS LINK]
Scene - Dragons Arc 1 | Scene 4: Reckoning
Location - East District
Mentions/Interactions - Ruriko Ikeda (@Beann), Jesper Albrecht ( AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa )

Kanna was reaching her breaking point.

Her eyes looked towards Ruriko, who looked right back at her. No words were said, but Kanna could feel the confusion in the air from her missed attack. She made no comment as her attention returned to the white-haired man, reading for her next move.

Kanna had dealt with trouble makers in the East District plenty of times, both as a regular gang member and as a Jack. However, none were as troublesome as this one. Though, the others didn't have the ability to use multiple potentials.

As the gunshots rang out, Kanna looked passed the white-haired man in time to see the truck tipping over onto its side. The sound of the metal grinding, the nearby cars swerving away to avoid a collision. None of what was currently going on was normal for the district, and to say that it was out of Kanna's comfort zone was a slight understatement. However, she was determined to meet these problems head-on and resolve them, whatever it took.

Kanna looked over to the white-haired man as he exclaimed that the crash was his signal. The grip on her staff tightened as Kanna waited for whatever attack would come. But, like the last few times, it was something that she least expected. Kanna watched as the giant hand of water rose from the river under the bridge. As it came down, Kanna raised her arms in a sort of defensive position, but there was little she could do except adapt once it hit.

Seconds passed...

Peaking through her arms, she watched as the hand instead picked up the man and brought him towards the bridge, away from them. Kanna lowered her stance and let out a sigh. She turned to Ruriko who seemed just as irritated. More vocal about it as well, but it was well warranted. Kanna stowed away her staff and watched as Ruriko formed another portal link. Looking through, she raised and eyebrow. The end of the link was in the air, facing the bridge. However, Kanna immediately knew what Ruriko was planning. She felt Ruriko grab her wrist and pull her along, breaking into a sprint.

Before they went through, Kanna called out to Guardian, assuming they were near because of the drones.

"Guardian! Get as many drones as you can and lock down the bridge. No one gets in or out of this district!"

Kanna watched closely and the second the she and Ruriko went through the portal, she reduced both their gravity, making them float forward at the same speed they were running. They had done this before plenty of times, even earlier in the day today. Though, this was the first time Kanna was with someone else.

The fog was behind them for now. Her attention focused back in front of them. Down below, she could see the white-haired man, along with the couple from before. They were in the same car, confirming that they were in fact working together. She silently cursed herself for letting them walk away initially.

Slowly, Kanna began to lower herself and Ruriko down to the ground in a sort of glide. When the two reached the ground, they were on the other side of the bridge and in front of the car that the couple and white-haired man were in. Kanna slipped her hand out of Ruriko's grip, quickly stepping forward. If Kanna could help it, she wasn't going to let them get away easily.

The ground under Kanna's feet cracked slightly as she anchored herself. She watched the car get closer as she outstretched her hands. As soon as it was just within feet of her, Kanna attempted to reach out and grab onto the vehicle, increasing its gravity and stopping it in place. If it were to instead hit her, it would crash into her and stop.

>>> To Next Post

Tigers: Arc 1, Scene 3 [The High Life]
Participants: Elenion Aura Elenion Aura (Markus)

Stepping into Markus' office, Isobel was immediately greeted by the sight of luxury. Plush leather sofas, thick fur rugs laid over polished hardwood floors with marble inlays, a gold gilded mirror set over the fireplace. Everything was pristine and perfect. To the point where it would set a person on edge. It was the kind of luxury that made you too afraid to touch anything within its confines in case you left so much as a fingerprint on anything. Even with the fireplace crackling in the corner, the space still felt cold and empty. All money and no heart, much like the Tiger King himself.

At his beckoning, the young woman stepped forward, her footsteps making no sound, and sunk into one of the chairs opposite Markus. For someone who looked so characteristically out of place, she seemed oddly familiar with the surroundings. Behind him, the entirety of the West District was visible. A concrete jungle set against the dark night sky, the lights of the stars drowned out by the lights of the city.

"Name's Titus Latken. You know 'im?"

Without even needing to look at the screen, Isobel could call to mind the image of a rotund, balding, man that reminded her an awful lot of a naked mole-rat. She raised a brow at the king, almost offended that he needed to ask. Since Markus had stepped into power, Isobel had kept track of every single person who owed the Tigers money without needing to be asked. Over the past few months, Titus Latken had slowly been growing his... business with the Tigers making him a very important client to the gang.

Isobel shifted her eyes back to the window in the direction of the casino district then shrugged as if to say 'What of him?'. In her mind, the gears were already spinning as she focused on the gentle tug urging her towards The White Tiger Casino.

>>> To The Next Post

Lucidity
PARTICIPANTS:
Dante ( The Regal Rper The Regal Rper ), Vincent ( OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi ), August ( Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean ), Darius ( WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten ), Anna ( The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit ) Reina ( cojemo cojemo ) [When she drives in]
Its Free Real Estate
<<< Remember

A little healthy dose of fear never hurt anybody. If anything it would only make them stronger. She was in Go mode. As the music switched to “Don’t Stop Now” she could only consider it the perfect sign. Of all the ways they could have handled a collection she didn’t imagine they’d go straight to the most violent but hell if she didn’t approve of a day to just go apeshit.

She didn’t waste any time running straight out of the bubble of safety Vincent created for them once she caught sight of another Tiger in the mess. She grabbed a piece of his clothing and yeeting him with all her strength in the direction of Dante out of Vince’s current area of effect.

She felt the breath leave from her lungs as she fell to her knees. Damn if that wasn’t strong. She forced herself up just barely with her scythe and booked it out of the pressure. A feat that took effort but was well worth it once her body was released from the power.

“Damn Vince, getting stronger there.”

She let out a few coughs as she straightened herself out fixing her stance to one more befitting of the Tiger Queen as the Boss came down observing the commotion. She drew her face into a manic grin slinging her scythe over her shoulders in a careless way.

“Well well now if it isn’t the Boss himself. You’ve been-”

She would have continued if not for the Boss addressing people outside of the establishment.

“We want to know, what are you doing here?"

Oh things just got so much more fun. She spun her body into a full 180 to look at the newcomers. Hmmm. Weirdos for certain. At best they’d be other gang members, at worst they’re some idiotic good somertians that wouldn’t leave well enough alone.

“Boss man, you’re in luck. It seems someone more interesting arrived. Just be ready to start signing off your business to the Tigers. We can discuss specifics after.”

She lifted her scythe in the direction of the newcomers before addressing them further.

“And who the hell do you think you are fucking with Tiger business”

>>> To The Next Post

Last edited:
Rogue of the Night: Jay
In Scene, then Text Buddy: Meirin ( QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel )​

1640968850135.pngJay remained cocooned as he held his phone over his head, his tongue sticking out as he examined the photo that Meirin sent to him.

He was also repeating in his head: ‘a Dragon girl’s number a Dragon girl’s number a Dragon girl’s number!

He’d keep this number close to his chest. She done him no wrong, and he thought she was a nice woman. The Dragons were there to help them after all!

As Meirin spoke back up, he went to sit up in the bed, causing the fabric to slip off his frame. “Yes ma’am! I will text you my thoughts!

Her words ‘make sure no one gets hurt outside’ made him shudder. Was the killer still in the area? He tugged the blankets back over him as he then made a fort of blankets to hide.

He studied the picture a little bit longer and then texted Meirin back:

I recognize him! he’s mean! 🥺 i wonder if angel or swallowtail ever got hurt by him. im more concerned bout angel cause shes a bit fragile despite what her personality tells you. as for suspiciousness, i cant say cause i woulda called u suspicious but ur just here to help so idk!

~*~ Moments Later ~*~​

A gunshot rang out, causing Jay to yelp and text Meirin once more, “was that u guys?

>>> To Next Post

Last edited:

AUGUST

TAZMANIAN DEVIL
"TAZZ"​

<<< Remember

Face pressed into the mangy carpet, haunted by the persisting stench of old popcorn, and with an aching pressure bearing down on him, August ponders whether or not this is all worth potentially reacquiring his collections from Markus.

But then all of the grueling efforts he put into those collections comes rushing back, and he inwardly groans, accepting the present.

He tries to fight against the unseen force and manages to shakily hold himself on all fours, gripping his black beanie in one hand--the other, pressing flat down on some hard crumbs.

He feels like an infant, unable to fully lift his head and look around him. All of his strength is directed toward trying to stand, but so far to no avail.

Dante's booming voice, followed by a woman's, then by an explosion of shattering glass windows and high-pitched screams resonate throughout the establishment, piercing August's ears at once. The muscles of his face tighten into a pained cringe as soft curses painted in an Amestralian accent drip from his lips.

The thought to simply give into the pressure and take a nap teases him, but he can't help thinking that wouldn't be a very comfortable rest.

"M-Mates-" he strains, unheard.

A new voice joins the fray, but August lacks the energy to care about or question what's going on.

Dante and the voice are back and forth for a moment before Dante's words seem to change direction. "Hey you two!" he calls out to someone unseen by August, for his eyes are fixed on the floor. "May not want to come here right now, place is undergoing a bit of work as you can see here. You're welcome to- . . . go somewhere else though. . . . So yeah, have a nice day!"

At this point, August regrets not leaving the bowling alley in the first place. It's just his luck to wind up like this--covered in dirt and various bits of different foods; maybe pizza crust or pretzel crumbs. Some sugar crystals from candy and whatnot. He's also certain there's a piece of hair stuck to his mask now.

Lifting his spare hand, he makes an effort to rid of the hair, but instead loses his balance and slams hard into the floor by the invisible weight straddling him like a pony.

That's when something else tugs at him.

No time to recognize what it is. August is thrown from the invisible force's area of effect, and it isn't until he's lying beneath Dante, between him and a shaggy-haired, gun-wielding man, that he realizes it's Queen Lucy who rescued him.

His body feels lighter now, and finally he can stand, doing so whilst dusting himself off.

"Well, 'at was fun." August turns to face the scruffy-haired man, staring down the barrel of his glock. He cocks a brow before stepping out of the line of fire, leaving only Dante in its path. "Whatcha doin' with'at, mate?" he asks the man without caring for an actual answer, then turns to Dante with a different question. "Wot's goin' on? Coulda used a heads up, yeh." Awaiting an explanation of some sort, August situates his beanie back over his head and examines the place through his goggles.

It looks nothing like it did when he arrived. Solid-pane windows are now empty frames with jagged teeth. The floor is glittered from the sun reflecting off thousands of glass shards strewn about. And the number of people within the establishment by now has greatly lessened.

August nods with a puckered bottom lip. "Yep... looks about roight. Nobody'd ever guess we've been he'ah." A few inhales of a laugh succeed his words, but there's no smile upon his face.

>>> To Next Post

♡coded by uxie♡

ANNA GARDENER
SCENE:
Serpents Arc 1: Scene 1 [Friends In Low Places]
West Side, Central District > Western-Central District Sewers
PARTICIPANTS:
Bash (@Nobody Special), Darius ( WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten ), Raphael ( Elenion Aura Elenion Aura ) Dante ( The Regal Rper The Regal Rper ), Vincent ( OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi ), August ( Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean ), Reina ( cojemo cojemo ), Lucy ( BriiAngelic BriiAngelic )
FRIENDS IN LOW PLACES
<<< Remember

Tigers. There were Tigers in Central, and even worse, Bash had remembered that they were supposed to be working as a team.

Anna had her phone cupped lightly in one of her hands, and regarded their little team group chat with as much apprehension as she did the three Tigers in front of her. In theory, they had them outnumbered, but she wasn't sure how much that mattered considering they had just suppressed an entire building's worth of people by themselves. She hadn't been there to seen whatever had gone on in the bowling alley, but they hardly seemed worse for wear. Not to mention, Raph had just recently been left bereft of his Potential, courtesy of their very own Ace.

She wasn't sure if she had bad luck today, or was just making every single wrong decision that she could. Well. It was probably a little bit of both, but she couldn't well just give up on both if she wanted to keep her head here.

Anna's thumb flicked through her phone's functions in the corner of her vision, hastily snapping a photo of both the bowling alley and the Tigers to send to Bash. Unfortunately, both the flash and the stupid sound effect that the photo app made were both enabled, making her impromptu photoshoot plain as day. If she weren't holding her tongue, and Darius didn't kind of remind her of her younger brother, she might've sworn, but instead, she spoke a quick warning as she dropped to her knees, and laid her palms across the pavement.

"Brace yourself." Two words, three syllables, and maybe four seconds passed, and then the street below Darius and Anna's collapsed into a slurry of liquid stone. The pair of them both dropped like rocks into the sewers below, the smell of which immediately wafted up into both Anna's nostrils, and the city streets above.

'Tigers are here. We're running into the sewers.'

Anna shot a message off into the group chat, before setting off like a bullet herself. Despite her poor show of grit earlier, escapes were one of her specialities. She seized Darius by the arm as she trudged off as far and fast into the sewers as she could manage, yelling over her shoulder once they were comfortably within darkness's embrace.

"Sorry about that!" Her voice echoed within the tunnel. "Can never be too careful, right? Let's meet up with Bash and Raphael before we get our heads lobbed off!"

>>> Follow Serpents
>>> Stay with Tigers

Reina Higasa
SCENE:
Tigers Arc 1: Scene 1 [It's Free Real Estate]
PARTICIPANTS:
Dante ( The Regal Rper The Regal Rper ), Vincent ( OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi ), August ( Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean ), Lucy ( BriiAngelic BriiAngelic ), Darius ( WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten ), Anna ( The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit )
It's Free Real Estate
<<< Remember

"If only that girl drove as nice as she dressed..." Mumbling to herself as she rubbed her stomach with one hand, Reina carefully drove through the central district in direct contrast to how she had arrived only minutes earlier. Despite everything her body could handle from deadly viruses to getting torn limb from limb, motion sickness was always her achilles heel and hit her much harder than it did for most, especially when the wild queen Lucy was driving like a drunken hell demon. Maybe it was precisely because her body handled nearly everything else perfectly that it felt so attacked, but she could never seem to handle her brains conflicting signals. Nevertheless, after some much needed resting and a couple pills that were stashed away in the car Reina was back to her old self and moving at her own much preferred pace.

Maybe it'd have been smarter for Reina to drive in the first place, but the gothic princess could never say no to her queen.

As Reina turned the corner to approach the designated meet up location, she couldn't help but roll her eyes at the sight before her. The bowling alley was completely trashed, with windows blown out and debris scattering the streets like confetti. The insides appeared equally ruined along with any civilians that were unlucky enough to be in the Tigers path. "I guess this is what happens when I leave two brainless apes with my Queen of chaos. I swear she's like managing a rabid chihuahua sometimes." Mumbling to herself, Reina couldn't help but crack a slight smile.

However, her attention shifted from Lucy to what at first appeared to be two bystanders in the middle of the street, but upon further inspection were more than likely nuisances that needed to be dealt with. One doesn't usually walk around with a mask on casually, let alone in a group, and not immediately turn around and run upon encountering such wanton destruction. Her suspicions were quickly confirmed as the two fell through the streets as the ground around them liquified, forcing Reina to quickly swerve the car around the hole they'd left, screeching and smashing through more than a couple of roadside advertisements as she did.

The car came to a screeching halt outside of the bowling alley, and after a moment to compose herself Reina carefully exited and turned to Lucy. "It seems I arrived right on time. Apologies on the wait, though you know the affects your driving has on me." Heels clacked as the Ace walked over to the exit their two escapees made, looking over her shoulder casually. "I assume the men I left you with didn't help quell your carnage very much, or better yet are the ones that caused all of this. I'm really needed to balance out your chaos and reel things in a bit, aren't I? You'll chew through so much before getting to the point." She stopped just shy of the opening to the sewers, the smell immediately being cancelled out as Reina shut down her bodies ability to perceive the stench. Turning to face the destroyed bowling alley completely, she gave a very slight and uncharacteristic smile. "Of course, that's why I love you Lucy. We're two sides of the same coin."

"Anyways, you want me to hunt those two down?" Reina nodded downwards to where the bystanders escaped to. "I don't trust them, and leaving them alive could be bad news for us in the future. Better to clean up all loose ends after all. I can go by myself as you know I'm more than capable, plus I'd rather not have to work around those two men." Reina snarled, glaring towards Vincent and Dante for the first time since her arrival with daggers sharp enough to pierce steel. Her gaze drifted to August who she'd just noticed, scoffing and turning to face Lucy again. "It's your call though, as I'm loyal to your command and whatever you say goes."

>>> To The Next Post

RAPHAEL SHAW
SCENE:
Serpents Arc 1: Scene 1 [Friends in Low Places]
PARTICIPANTS:
Bash, Darius, Anna
FRIENDS IN LOW PLACES
<<< Peek At Darius and Anna
<<< Remember The Fight

The fight, if one could even really call it that, was over before it had truly begun. Not that he was surprised by this outcome... It was inevitable. After all, without his Potential, Raph was, well... Powerless. A familiar sensation, really. Feels like home, Raph mused as his forearms throbbed painfully, apparently still reeling from the beating they'd taken. No matter what vector Life chose to remind Raph of his own inferiority—whether by Bash's fists, or by the simple fact that he'd been born as himself—to Raph they all started to feel the same.

... In fact, all of this felt familiar, actually. Like he’d seen this little vignette before, played out upon the silver screen behind his eyes. And not just the comfortable feeling of his head being slammed against the asphalt, but also the grisly sight of that wild, golden-eyed demon leering down at him. A monster that looks like me, Raph chuckled mirthlessly, A little on the nose, don't you think? He'd cracked it, after all. The truth was that this was just another rerun. They were retreading old ground. For his part, Bash was playing the role of Life's Casually Cruel Reminder just as Raph remembered it.

Picture perfect.

From memory Raph knew what came next. It was what he’d been waiting for. What he—or rather, some sad, self-destructive voice inside his head—claimed he deserved. His comeuppance.

He was ready.

He was eager, even.

Raph pushed his upper body slightly off the ground, presenting his 'good' side.

Go on, then. Hit me.~

… Only the blow never came. He's going off-script?

Raph could feel a tremble in his arms that no amount of willpower could quell. Like a deflating balloon, he eased his body back down until he was flush with the pavement, relieving his worn forearms of his weight. Stinging pain pricked all over, as red-and-mottled purple bruises bloomed up and down his arms, courtesy of Bash's relentless assault.

As he watched Bash’s fist unclench, some small flame of resentment flickered back to life. Wrong. He watched Bash’s fist fall by his side, inert and unthreatening. Wrong. Raph’s expression shifted as well, eyes widening as dumbfound confusion turned to blind fury in the blink of an eye. He challenged Bash with his eyes, trying to will his enemy to pick back up his weapon and finish what he'd started.

Raph found he could breathe easier once the weight of the Ace was lifted from him, enough that he leaned back up off the ground again, the protesting in his arms be damned. He wanted to look Bash in the eye, to return his condescension with vitriol of his own. But despite all of that, Raph couldn’t help but see some small irony in the way Bash, his mirror, looked at him. Raph had wondered why the Ace suddenly looked so familiar, only to come to the conclusion that Bash was looking at Raph the way Raph felt about himself.

What’s this, then? Am I suddenly unworthy of even your boundless fury? Or perhaps you’ve lost your nerve, you pathetic—

Then Bash screamed in Raph’s face and knocked him on his back once more, chasing all of his false bravado away.

Raph flinched hard in the face of Bash's sudden, unexpected outburst, squeezing his eyes momentarily shut as he anticipated the blow that once again never came, like a wounded animal cringing away from the whip of its master, sending a signal both to Bash and himself that he wasn’t so brave in the face of pain as he would have liked to believe. His heart pounded against the walls of its bone cage inside his chest, equal parts adrenaline, embarrassment, and a cornucopia of other emotions that Raph was in no fit state to parse out at present.

No matter the truth of it, one thing was certain: the scream had shook him to his core, and had apparently also shaken a few things loose. Fear and admiration. Hatred and love. Raph’s head was suddenly swimming. Perhaps he was concussed. He hoped he was concussed.

In spite of all of his bluster, Raph was not a sore loser. After all, how could he be? He’d been a loser for most of his life. Hell, as far as the grand cosmic lottery was concerned, he’d been a loser since birth, born without a Potential. Yes… Losing’s the kind of thing someone like Raph gets used to after awhile.

But not you, Raph thought as he leered up at Bash. Born lucky. Born with power. Born a winner.

And still winning, it seems. Ah, well. I tried.~

Raph laid there for another beat, breathing softly. Then he got his elbows underneath him and slowly sat his torso up for the third time. With a free hand Raph felt gingerly around the back of his head for wet spots and pulled his fingers away dry. No blood. At least he hadn’t cracked his skull open on the pavement. Here’s to small victories, I suppose.

As he watched Bash whip out a cell phone, Raph suddenly recalled Anna and Darius’ existence. The fuzzy details of their greater reason for being here in the first place were slowly coming back into focus, as fun as it had been, Raph figured that it was time to leave this little detour with Bash in their rear-view. Back to the task at hand.

Raph got up as he was bid. He checked his phone. One text from Bash. He types like he speaks, Raph mused. Remarkable.

As he read, a text came in from Anna.

Tigers in Central. How fun. ~

The sewers… Eh, less fun but not a deal-breaker.

The thought of running into a pack of Tigers was doing wonders to elevate Raph’s mood. And yet, he couldn’t help but wonder…

Curiosity got the better of him and Raph tried to summon his Potential, but the blood in his veins would not obey.

Hm… I’m still in the penalty box. How quaint.~

He wondered if Bash would release him now that he knew that there were enemies nearby. Or was planning to fight the Tigers all by himself? (No, I don’t count Darius and Anna~)

Raph stood as straight as he could manage, though his forearms and ribs still ached from the beating they’d taken. Even so, he took a moment to marvel at the thin, blood-red line he’d drawn down one side Bash’s face, admiring his handiwork.

“Well then, after you, Boss~.”

Raph’s memory was evidently quite short. He seemed no longer to be burdened by the humiliating defeat his Ace had just handed him in front of a crowd of stunned witnesses, nor the rather unceremonious way in which Bash had refused to properly finish things.

Easy come, easy go. Now it’s on to the next battlefield.

>>> To The Next Post

@Nobody Special The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten

Jesper Albrecht / Guardian
SCENE:
Dragons Arc 1: Scene 4 [Reckoning]
PARTICIPANTS:
Ruri (@Beann), Jesper, Kanna ( FabulousTrash FabulousTrash )
Reckoning

Guardian.png

Guardian hovered over to Kanna and Ruriko, having followed the drones to the white-haired stranger. "At some point, people do get tired of repeating the same old 'please surrender' shtick with no fruition." Now, unless he had any more of that strange meat up his sleeve, he was good as cornered. Hopefully, this meant they could all go home... But it was a hope that did not last, as gunshots resounded from the bridge, followed by the crunching crash of a truck along pavement. Mother of— Guardian looked back to the stranger, who uttered some odd incantation like out of a fantasy novel. And Jesper thought he was the nerd. Sighing through his nose, Guardian said, "Fire at will."

Though as the drones fired, it wasn't to be. A stretch of water extended from the river, engulfing the man just in time to save him from doom. Okay, okay, not as nerdy as I thought! Already wary from the lost drones, Guardian motioned for the four devices to hover away from the water hand in case it attacked. Instead, rather, it provided a swift escape for Mr. White Hair, launching him into a fleeing car on the bridge.

Back at the surveillance room, a semi-conscious Jesper slammed his fist on the desk.

"I'm on it!" Guardian shouted to Kanna, feeling peeved, himself, at how big this incident was becoming. As they portaled away, he trusted that the two were more than capable of taking care of the runaways. Once the bridge was under locks, he was sure they had no way of letting them go. Guardian hovered wither her four drones and towards the bridge. He couldn't have more than four drones under influence as of now, but Jesper could certainly reroute the remaining drones to the location.

"That's Guardian...?" one civilian pointed out, unnerved.

"Something serious is going down," said another.

Astounding observations... Guardian flew above the streets, meeting the gaze of those below. Many turned away from Guardian out of fear, however. "Until further notice, the bridge is under lock down. Guests may not leave nor enter in this period of time. Please remain in vehicles until the threat is flushed out," he called to all. As soon as the first two drones arrived, Guardian set them to remain in sentry mode at the entrance. A good way of showing an example. And really... this was all that he needed to do. With a whole truck blocking the lanes, there should have been no way for unpermitted entry. Aside from that, Guardian's sole appearance to the locals should've been enough of a reason to listen.

Jesper hoped the car didn't make it too far ahead. If he finished his task here, he could converge with Ruriko and Kanna and surround the hopefully stopped strangers from both sides. That was his hope, at least.

>>> Phoenix-soon-to-be-in-scene
>>> View the other side to the bridge (Phoenixes)

Bwxodutlh6VAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

SCENE:
Serpents Arc 1: Scene 3 [We'll Do It Live]
PARTICIPANTS:
Yuudai, Tri, Delynn, Yeona
WE'LL DO IT LIVE

"Huh? What's the rus--" she turned around, only to cut herself off and turn away again when she caught sight of Yuudai's bare body. She coughed, clearing her throat, before trying again. "What's the rush? It's not like the cops are bearing down on us, right?" She offered a shrug and a chuckle. How she wished she had kept her mouth shut, for no sooner had she said those words, the sirens began to sound in the distance. Not for her sake, but for the other Serpents with her. She doubted that any of them were looking to tussle now. She, on the other hand, had a completely different reaction. For the first time in today, her eyes lit up with a certain sense of joy and celebration. Here she was, without a working camera to stream her exploits of today. The excitement she felt was palpable, enough to have her almost be giddy with delight. "Haha, me and my big mouth," she commented apologetically, struggling to keep the eagerness out of her tone.

She was here for one reason, and one reason only. It was to fight. Body collecting? Experiments? She couldn't care a dot less about those. She was here to match her fists with someone that was worth a damn. Surely, the police wouldn't send NPs after Serpents. There had to be someone amongst them that was actually capable of putting the hurt on her. The squad cars began to arrive in full force, and their occupants filed out of them, their weapons at the ready. She glanced across them. She could feel something in the air. She believed in fate, she believed that powerful people were drawn to each other, drawn to fight each other, to taste the making of each other's souls. Her eyes drifted, then came to a stop to two particular members in the crowd. They stood out, their dress, their mannerisms, everything, just didn't mesh with the rest of the police. Those two. They were her prey. Or was she theirs? She was simply trembling at the prospect of meeting them. What would they have? What would they bring to the table? How would they satisfy her urges? She drew in a shaky breath, trying to calm herself down. "Now, now, Kisara, what would your new playmates think if they saw you like this? And you haven't even introduced yourself! The nerve! Such bad manners!" she muttered to herself quietly, chiding herself for being so easily tempted.

"What? No rights read? No chance for a surrender? No hope for a lawyer?" She remarked sarcastically to her companions, barely registering the weight of the situation, attempting to normalise herself. If anything, the gravity of it all seemed to be charging her up even more. "Just my kind of pace," she added quietly, grinning and baring her teeth.

She rolled her shoulders, and hopped in place, warming up for what was to come. "I think you guys should run after this. Wouldn't want to get caught by the cops now, would you?" Kisara winked at the others.

She strode over nonchalantly to the front of the group, where she could be seen by all who have gathered before her. "Behold! I am Prinz Gyoushi, baring my heart to all!" she announced brightly to the crowd gathered. "Hiiii everyone~ It's so good to see you! Thanks for comin' all this way just to catch me, in action! It's not so often I get a live audience, and ready for a first-hand experience too~" She twirled around on the spot, showing herself off. This was her time, her stage, her moment! No phone to stream it, no audience to cheer her on, only a live one that was looking to put her and her mates behind bars. She had no loyalty to them, and though she would worry if one of them got hurt, she wouldn't go out of her way to sacrifice her life for them. No, no no no no. This act was not born out of altruism. This was an act of her love, and she was about to give these lovely, lovely police her undivided attention! "Now with that out of the way, we're going to get rrrright into the action! Don't be shy! I want you to give it your all! Show me everything you've got! Bare your hearts!"

With her challenge issued, she opened her mouth wide. A soft indigo spark flashed from between her jagged teeth, before more lit up and coalescing into a small ball. Another second, and it ballooned up to a huge orb the length of her upper torso. With a screeching roar, the orb exploded, shooting a beam of energy forwards, blasting a path open from the police cars, sending one flying a few meters away.

Kisara straightened up, drawing her arm across her grinning mouth. Without waiting for herself to charge up, she broke out into a sprint. When she first caught sight of them, she knew, oh, she knew that those two were special. In what way, she didn't know, but that was one of the thrills of combat. To learn everything about your opponent, to let yourself be learned by your opponent. Without breaking her stride, she charged straight for the one with the tinted goggles. "C'mon, show me a good time!" The other one would have to wait his turn. She'll come around to him later.

Taigakitt Taigakitt Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider mewmilk mewmilk Damafaud Damafaud

>>> To Next Post

Rouge of the Night: Angel
In Scene: Reveler ( Mqueserasera Mqueserasera )
1641142593667.png

Angel joined Reveler-Adonis on the couch, her sparkling green eyes meeting his. They flickered to his hand that was moving up to touch her face, but the touch didn’t come.

She recalled the purpose of this being questions to be answered. Reveler-Adonis followed her rules, so Angel would comply. He paid, after all.

Uncrossing her legs, a light head tilt was made as he spoke.

He had a lot to say.

So much so, she didn’t have much chance to get in any words edgewise, but she did listen.

Them being Dragons was no surprise. After all, Raven called for Black Currant to go ‘check on snogard.’ Her test in the lobby was purposely a showcase to show that Angel had no power, no abilities to speak for. She wasn’t so weak to just speak it aloud though.

Angel gave no indication during his speech that she agreed nor disagreed. No head nodding or shaking. Still. Just listening.

Aware she’s the mouse.

As his speech wound to an end and he had her face meet his, she smiled. A smile that was one for princesses, but there was something more behind it.

Eli was supposed to stay my pet. I can give you a name. You paid for my information, Baby, so you’ll get it. Especially after he-” her voice twisted into a growl “-cheated on me with that little bitch.” She carefully cleared her throat.

Angel attempted to grab his hand that was touching her chin, her eyes sparkling in mischievousness, “The new girl stole him from me, Baby. Swallowtail. But apparently the butterfly is missing.

A soft laugh escaped her lips, “Ah, Papa will be upset with me for saying anything. He mentioned that all Dragon questionings should be filtered through him… but you paid~

Her eyelashes fluttered, “Any other questions, Baby?

A gunshot rang out, but Angel made no indication she heard it. She probably didn't care.

>>> To Next Post

Last edited:

Dante | LINK
~West Side, Central

Scene
Arc 1 Scene 1 {Free Real Estate}

<<< Remember

The interruption was perfect timing.

The boss didn't get to reply to Lucy or continue on making his offer. Wren in the background watched the scene with a sense of grim understanding yet tense alertness.

It was either foolishness, or bravery. He wasn't sure what the blonde masked one's powers were- the gloves could've been an indication of him masking his power which meant it required physical contact, much like Bash's or it could've been just done for fashion-- the latter of which he sort of doubted given the clothing.

When the blonde one had began his first error by approaching and demanding some answers about the situation here, Dante leaned back and watched carefully. The only thing he did move on, was seeing the gorilla girl begin to move.

Striking a pose had been simple when faced with the incumbent movement of a photo shot. AS she had taken the shot, he had winked, grinned, and struck a peace sign. By the time the camera flash had went off, the photo had been sealed and his delightfully odd picture would be sent to whoever was the gang's superiors. The gorilla masked serpent should have done a better job of masking her movement- because if the flash hadn't given her away, the manner she took the pic certainly did. With August, whom Dante vaguely remembered meeting once, and probably only once since he couldn't recall when he stood an observor, much like the boss of the bowling alley did as Lucy addressed the intruders.

The moment the words: 'Brace yourself' were heard, Dante's body ignited into a humanoid form of sparkling light. Just as he was about to reach out and grab both of the two gang affiliated individuals, the ground beneath them vanished, and they with it were replaced with the overwhelming stench of filth.

The scent made Dante pause as he looked at where the two had vanished into.

You did the right thing

Those were the thoughts that went through his mind. The car screeching to a halt in the distance just as the ground went from solid to a soupy hole, signaled Reina's arrival too. And just as he expected, there she was. Ice-Queen, on time.

If a fight had started, with one, two, four Tigers here- and the Queen to boot, there was no way he could stop a death, if things went that far. And there was no way he would not kill, if he were pushed to do it with the Queen so close by and her Ace near her. Despite his faith in his own abilities, and his own understanding in his limits- Dante knew one thing was for certain-- if he were going to fake a scenario that would have allowed the two to escape, he'd have to do it with better data. The Tigers around him currently weren't people he knew that well at all. He needed time to understand them, analyze them, and dissect what he recorded better. And he couldn't do that in a wild card scenario. If he faked something that got them an escape it could lead to his death or immediate break down of everything he was building towards. Even if he had vowed to avoid murdering the members of the other gangs to the best circumstance would allow- compromises had to be made- so for Dante, even if there was no visible expression or way he showed it- given the fact that Jasper was looking more confused and surprised at what was happening before them than somewhat pleased- he was rather happy they had fled.

If he was going to work the system, the deaths of gang members couldn't be on his hands unless circumstance forced it. He'd need the leverage to make those goals happen- and that couldn't be done if he ended up killing people that could've had value in his goals.

"WEW!" He commented aloud as the scent hit him, waving his hand around himself, the spark of his light dimming just a tad. "Open a window am I right buddy?" He nudged August with an elbow. "DAYUM!" Although if he were being honest, the Jungles during his trials had been just as bad in some places if not worse- and he'd had to live there for three months- the memory and the recollection it brought back really kind of paled in comparison even if the scent coming from the hole did make him cringe openly. While the Boss just stood there in abject horror, mouth opening and closing uselessly at what had just happened to his establishment. The shade of red on his face was quite a sight, Dante had to admit- though he would be lying if he didn't feel a smidge of pity for him. First them visiting, now a big stinking hole in your establishment? Whatever deal Lucy had been going to make, he wondered if she'd make it now.

As Reina addressed the queen, Dante's ears tuned back into the conversation in time to catch her spiteful remark about working with any of the men in the group. It honestly made him grin when she said it, and he didn't hide it. Jasper certainly wouldn't have, even if he personally would've suppressed it. That kind of unabashed open display of petty spite was always amusing to him.

Grinning and winking and blowing a kiss at the Ice-Queen before he rolled his eyes when she ignored him. "Tease", he said with a pout, took a step closer to the open sewer. Waiting for further instructions he watched the Queen carefully.

Lucy for the most part was as infuriated as Dante expected. Which if he were being honest, he couldn't blame her. A building that was about to be hers utterly ruined with a gaping hole near the front entrance that didn't lead to a fun slide but the seweres? Yeah, she had every right to fling every insult he heard at the two that had escaped. Though her instructions ultimately were to: "get back to business."

The sound of a chair being smashed against a wall drew Dante's attention. Wren watched silently as her boss smashed another chair against the wall, clearly trying to let off some steam before he had to deal with them.

Ah, life. Gotta love it!

>>> To The Next Post

Mentions: The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten Elenion Aura Elenion Aura @Nobody Special (Team AGGRO)

Interactions: OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean cojemo cojemo BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

BOLTIUS

Vulken's Little Bro
"BLITZ"​

He started at 4:00 AM, like usual.

Boltius flips the bottle with clean concentration. It's pitched a small distance, then it lands lid-up right where he wants it--in the dirt and in line with a makeshift basketball goal. Beneath the shredded plastic bag for a net, a large bin filled with various bottles just like this one.

Saweetie's Best Friend featuring Doja Cat bops in his ear through an earbud, the other to which dangles loosely at his chest, whipping and flopping about as he moves.

Dancing a choreographed jig (XX), Boltius bounces up to the bottle where it sits then sends it flying with a swift kick. Off the cardboard backboard--onto which he doodled a bullseye--and through the shredded net, the bottle drops into the bin with a clatter.

Boltius brings his fists up and flexes his biceps in a dramatic display of victory. Considering it took eight separate attempts just for that one bottle, though, the celebration feels dissatisfying, and so it is short lived before he's walking off to find another bottle amidst a sea of debris that was once his favorite pub.

The district had met a destructive fate, yes, but the resolve of the Sapphire Phoenixes is not to be underestimated.

Boltius sweeps some clutter of drywall, wood, and tattered wiring out of his way, hearing the singsong clinking of glass beneath it. Liquor bottles. Some small; some large. All different colors with different labels.

He plays eenie-meenie-miney-mo with his eyes, still bopping his head to the last few seconds of Saweetie's song, then plucks a lucky winner from the pile.

"St. George," he reads from its label. "Say hello to vodka hell for me... where your friends-" He recalls some of the other labels now sitting at the bottom of the large bin. "Bacardi, Don Julio, and Amaretto are dining with darkness."

Stepping up to the bin, he drops it in, somewhat melancholic. "You will be missed..."

A sigh flows from his nose. His playlist switches from Best Friend to Whiskey Lullaby all of the sudden, and a look of utter confusion twists on his face. "What the hell?" Boltius brings his phone up to peer skeptically at its screen. How did this song find its way to where it doesn't belong?

Some seconds tick by, then his expression deadpans.

Vulken.

It's the only person he can think of.

"Quit fuckin' with my shit," mutters the fiery-haired Phoenix as he deletes the song, selecting another more suited to his taste. One worth dancing to. Thus, he commences, once again, a seemingly choreographed sequence of body movements both jerky and smooth, making his way back to the pile of bottles in need of cleaning up.

Seeing that the establishment named Lucrative Lucy's will no longer be a name on his list of favorite hangout spots, a sunken feeling climbs into Boltius' chest, accompanied also by frustration. The frustration is then overcome by momentary rage before it all melts together into one big pot of depression, and his dancing ultimately stops.

He gazes absently at his feet, no longer hearing the bop of music in his ears.

Lucrative Lucy's, named after the owner's granddaughter, is where he bought his first drink at twenty-one. A small pub begging for business well out of its league before the hurricane. The liquor was cheap and the furnishings cheaper, but he enjoyed the company of its patrons--all regulars and far older than him with plenty of stories to tell.

He's well aware that the lesser businesses are last on the Phoenix's agenda for attention, but this place meant a lot to him. Since he has been able, Boltius has tended to the pub's remains in his free time, hoping to recover enough recyclable material worth selling so that he can give the money to little Lucy. The Old Man would have wanted it that way... Seventy-eight years old and the only thing left to remember him by is a shot glass sitting in a junk drawer in Boltius' apartment.

Thinking about it, he makes a mental note to put it somewhere befitting the sentiment.

The hours pass and so does progress, and Boltius decides it's time to meet with some others.

Turning up the heat, all of the sweat he'd worked up evaporates with a burst, then he gathers his things and starts off, hoping he's not too late to provide a helping hand. Lately, he's felt all over the place but that's hardly a complaint considering his desire to work and keep moving.

Following a cluttered stretch of pavement, he turns his gaze toward the dim sky and decides to let his mind wander, unfazed by the cool air. His earbuds are yanked from his ears, rolled up, and placed in a netted pocket on the side of his backpack. He figures once in a while taking a moment to appreciate the South's ambience isn't so bad. It may not be the most luxurious or stimulating place in the city anymore, but it's home.

Looking around at the mess of natural disaster, Boltius sees what it used to be. The bustling nightlife, bright lights, cars on the cruise, and screams of horror-

Screams of horror?

Boltius jerks his head in the direction of the disturbance, expression going dark. Pulling up his shorts, he cuts off his path into a wild sprint, hopping over and dodging anything in his way as he nears the location of interest. Civilians are crowded around something and exuding an atmosphere of distress, but some other characters are working together to usher them along, and Boltius recognizes them. Phoenixes.

All of the sudden, he begs the universe for a false alarm.

"Please don't be bad."

However, upon closer arrival, catching glimpse of King Lyric in his peripheral, he stares down at the bloodied and broken corpse of a fellow Phoenix. Based on the countenance of those around, this tragedy is as much a shock to them as it is to Bolt.

"No," he says with a sorrow-filled voice.

Shaking his head, "No," he says again, this time more choked with anger and rage, and again even louder and so on. "NO!... NO, NO, NO, FUCK NO!"

Boltius storms toward Lyric, grinding his teeth and trying to literally shake the image of Nina from his mind, whipping his orange hair as he does. "They're underestimating us, Boss!" he screams out. "I'll kill'em! I'll kill every last fucking one of'em! Who did it!?" An expression like that of a snarling wolf grips at his features. His voice lowers into a deep, growly utterance as he presses a thumb into his chest, "Whatever you need, I'm here." Holding that same hand out between himself and the King, he makes a fist as though grasping for something, then throws it to his side, "We'll wipe this city clean of every dragon, snake, and piss-covered cat there is and ever was. I'll make fucking sure their reigns become yours, Boss."

>>> To The Next Post

♡coded by uxie♡

PHOENIX'S
PARTICIPANTS:
Hector ( WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten ), Akane ( Anne Boolean Anne Boolean ) || Hide ( Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed ), Alex ( Tobi Naefaerne Tobi Naefaerne ), Helva ( Peckinou Peckinou )
A GATHERING STORM [LOWLIFE]
With a widening of her grin like the Cheshire Cat itself Catherine masterfully took over the conversation. She threw one leg over the other leaning closer to the two like she was well used to fulfilling the role of an informant. She looked to Akane as she continued the investigation by asking for more information on the man.

“Pretty motherfucker for one. Always well dressed and precisely groomed. Got white hair but that’s a dime a dozen. Eyes too cloudy to really tell what color they were before. Plus as nice on the eyes as he is aint never let a dame or fella get that close. Still he sticks out like a sore thumb with how he dresses like he's part of some theater trope.”

She took a pause to take a breath as the second of the two returned. Once Hector asked for the full lowdown she shifted a little tilting her head as if not knowing where to start. She seemed to get her bearings once more as even more information spilled out.

“Ya’ boy Blindy. See he’s been coming around these parts more and more. Party life ramping up ‘nd all, you know. Besides the batshit animals that happen around him another oddity is that he’s never quite here for the nightlife. The times just don’t match up. Plus while he looks the part of a Richie rich its pretty clear he’s lowbrow. Slums boy from the looks of it. Polite one for sure, but he aint able to hide the way he positions himself ready to fight. Not the way a rich man holds ‘emselves.”

She clicked her tongue as she turned back to Akane. She scratched the side of her head as she looked back to Noland.

“Ayy you remember what that ‘ol falcon was acting like?”

Noland for his part seemed to be directing his workers to continue once more once it was clearer that his group was not in the crosshairs of Phoenixes. Once he gave a final shout of a command he turned back on his heel and returned.

“Fucking loud. Loud and intrusive. Came flying into my boat with four others all with weird-ass glowing red eyes.”

Catherine clapped before turning back to the two investigators.

“-like that. Generally when I’ve seen ‘em they’re a lot tamer, aside from staring like they got fucking rabies. Clearly all happen when he visits tho aint never seen no glow eyes before that. Imagine that rabies man strikes again.”

>>> To The Next Post

Last edited:
PHOENIX'S
PARTICIPANTS:
In Scene: Hide ( Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed ) , Alex ( Tobi Naefaerne Tobi Naefaerne ), Zulin ( Peckinou Peckinou )
Nearby: Hector ( WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten ), Akane ( Anne Boolean Anne Boolean )
A GATHERING STORM [Party Life]
After the realization of just who they bagged Angelo didn’t need to say much as the punks from before took a wider breathe of distance from the prone Spellbinder.

“Fuck man…”

He certainly hadn’t imagined that throwing himself into defending himself would be this much of a problem. He almost wished he’d just let himself be the hostage. He took another glance up to the boy on the upper deck clearly not knowing what to do with the situation. Regardless Angelo stepped up before he could regret it.

“Listen, we’re just here for a nightclub.”

The average-looking boy took a moment to let the gangsters all say their piece before taking a step onto the bent bar and hopping down from the landing above. His feet landed close to Lavinia as the crowd parted for the boy. He threw an arm around the girl’s waist drawing her closer to him before he addressed the others.

“If all you want is your Spellbinder feel free to take him. In case you haven’t realized Angelo here is probably just a little bit concerned that he came here to have a good time, got held at night point, and now has the Jack of the goddamn Phoenixes out here concerned about a teenager.”

He took a look at the younger boy who was pale as a goddamn sheet. Lavinia for her part didn’t seem to be doing much better as she bit her lower lip having been at Armas’s side in front of the crowd of people behind them cowering away from the trio of Phoenixes.

“I don’t know what leads you’re expecting to find here but feel free to examine as you wish. Or we could have a polite conversation here where you let Lavinia and Angelo scram considering neither have anything to do with the boat itself. Now it does feel a little delayed with introductions but I suppose considering the circumstances of your arrival that just makes sense. Welcome to my humble little get-together, My name is Armas Nylund.”

>>>To The Next Post

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back