• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Masked Partycrashers A & T & I
SCENE:
Tigers Arc 2: Scene 6 [All Proceeds]
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri, Daemon, Sabrina, Dagger, Fahru, Masker Concertgoer K, Minato, Osamu
All Proceeds
The sound of the concert reverberated through even the deepest depths of the stadium's corridors. In parallel, Minato's footfalls duplicated unto themselves, rhythmically increasing until they polluted the concrete depths in totality. The air, formerly still and musty, stirred wildly with the frenetic boy's one thousand-eyed search.

Crunch.

Actually, make that nine-hundred and ninety-eight.

Lurking within the stadium's unplumbed depths, a trio of women lurked with an air of impatience. Standing over the swiftly dissolving Minato corpse, the shortest of the women loomed, her face clad in a fearsome red mask, which hid her visage in totality.

"Ya really have to murk 'im?" The second, whose face was only half-hidden, complained. "Coulda been useful!"

"Don't worry about it." A, finally, cut in. She was sitting just a few meters behind the other two women, tension riddling her bones. "Pretty sure I've seen about seven of the dude since I got here. Some kind of cloning HP, I bet. There'll be another one around eventually."

"Right!" The half-masked woman snapped her fingers. "O'Course! Glad our brain's got a good head on her shoulders!"

Behind her mask, A replied with a sarcastic sneer.

"Just make sure none of them spot us and get away. We've only got one shot at this. Those morons in the B-Team managed to stall for us pretty well, but I doubt they're gonna last much longer." She sighed, took a look at her watch, and then sighed again. "And she's not even on the stage yet. Fuck."

"Comon, sweetie!" The half-mask, as chipper as a girl scout, hopped over to A and gave her a hearty clap on the back. "Justice is on our side! I'm sure things'll go fi-"

The red-masked woman moved, suddenly, flicking a bolas which wrapped itself neatly around the other woman's jaw, cutting off her voice an instant before a stampede of Minatos rushed past their hiding spot. The half-masked woman started to struggle with them immediately, only succeeding once the horde of footfalls had vanished into the distance.

"Ptui!" The half-masked woman spat a mouthful of rugged twine out of her mouth. "Comon, er, I? You couldn't've just warned me!"

"Too slow. T. Keep your voice down. Dangerous."

"Dangerous, she says... Y'know what's dangerous? Thrownin' a rope and balls at my teeth... Just got my braces out, like... A couple months ago..." T, this version a bit less useless, complained morosely but listened to the shorter woman regardless. She glanced over at A, and her expression brightened. Anything for her.

"Alright." A, whose gaze had been fixed on her phone while the other two bickered, got to her feet. "If she still works like how I think she does, she'll be down with us mere mortals soon." There was a lot of resentment packed into those two words. "This'd be a lot easier if that idiot T didn't get himself in trouble, but we've gotta move now."

T's eye's twinkled, and I remained stoic as the three women skulked out from their lair.

A wore a determined grimace.

"All or nothing, ladies."

HECTOR MOSES
SCENE:
Phoenixes Arc 2: Scene 1 [The Recruit]
PARTICIPANTS:
Boltius Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean , Hector, Milo Elenion Aura Elenion Aura
THE RECRUIT

Hector froze in place when Boltius snapped back at him. The only noise that came out while Boltius continued to rant was his heavy breathing as he stared them down. His eyes moved over to Darren, who was wisely choosing to remain silent. His fingers twitched in his clenched fists, and soon both hands were shaking with fury, Hector holding off from going straight for a punch.

When it seemed that Boltius was finished, Hector unfroze, taking a step up to his subordinate. The two men were close enough to touch, and Hector looked down at him, unable to disguise his anger.

"Blitz." A few beads of sweat accompanied the blood on his face. Hector paused for a moment, perhaps deliberating on the best way to respond. "I just... I cannot believe this. Did someone replace Blitz while I wasn't looking?" He stepped away from Boltius and began pacing. "'Cause I ain't seeing Blitz right now. I see a damn... fucking... WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?" It took a few seconds of speaking to lose any remaining composure.

"Am I meant to roll over and show my belly to any fucker on this street just 'cause you consider them to be a brother?" He drew a hand up to his head, shaking it. "You think so poorly of me, of him, that you won't even respect our fight. He challenged me and I took his challenge on and now here. I. Am. And if you got something to say about that then why don't you, instead of fucking with MY FIGHT, you put those words inta something productive." The words flooded out with no hesitation, and Hector took barely a second to pause before finishing his own rant off with the simple words of, "we'll continue this later."

With that, Hector looked away from the duo and started examining the area. After a few seconds of getting his bearings, he started to walk away in the direction of Lyric's house. He turned around to the others briefly, and though it seemed like he had much more to say, he simply beckoned them to follow and kept walking like nothing had happened.

VULKEN BECKMAN
SCENE:
Phoenixes Arc 2: Scene 4 [Home Cook'n]
Outside of Lyric and Alex's Townhome, South District
PARTICIPANTS:
Lyric, Alex, Corvo, Auvura, Ashley, Yong-Yut
CURRENT STAGE:
2 (Current Temp: 1,500°F / 815.6°C)
HOME COOK'N

In the blink of an eye, the kitchen that had just been filled nearly to the brim with Vulken’s second family was completely cleared out. Only three remained: Ashley, the kid, and himself. As a precautionary measure, he blinked again– making sure to hold his eyes shut for a second, as if he were trying to wake himself up from a dream– and reopened his eyes, only for the kitchen to be the exact same as it was before. Looks like all those drugs from the hospital weren’t playing tricks on him, after all.

Amid all the confusion, Ash had rolled his sleeve back, firmly requesting that Vulken burn him. This prompted an extremely bewildered look from the ex-jack.

Kid, I don’t know what the hell ‘yer thinkin’, but this ain’t the time to screw aroun– Oh.

Ohhh, that’s right, he thought to himself, thinking back to the time he had heavily considered sponsoring Ashley. He’s got that crazy-ass potential.

The kid wasn’t being a weirdo in a crucial moment, he was asking Vulken for an investment. Who was he to send his fellow Phoenix outside into battle without at least lending him some of his own strength? Without hesitating, he moved Lyric’s food off of the burners (something his tongue probably would have gotten cut out for if she were still in the room) and placed his hands directly on the stovetop.

The controlled flames on the stove seemed drawn towards Vulken’s skin, and began to touch his fingertips, his power supply seemingly never ending as he continued to absorb the scaling-hot flames until he was sure he’d eaten his fill. As soon as he pulled his hands away (and cautiously put the pots and pans back where they had been to erase any possible life-ruining traces of his tampering with the King’s cooking), the room grew noticeably warmer than it had been mere seconds earlier.

With a calm exhale, he turned to Ashley, reaching for his exposed forearm, before hesitating and snapping his head towards Amelie, who was still calmly staring at the two as though she had no problems with what she was about to see.

He’s right,” He said, raising an eyebrow at the young girl. “You may be tough, but this is a little much for a kid to be watchin’, dontcha think?

Realizing she’d been caught, Amelie quickly turned her head and placed her hands over her eyes, making sure her eyes couldn’t see anything but black.

Now that the girl’s eyes were covered, Vulken placed his hands on Ash’s arm, focusing the heat that was surrounding him into his hands to burn the absolute hell out of his junior. Before long, the all-too-familiar smell of burning flesh wafted into his nostrils, briefly reminding him of what he had been in the past– his former self that he had grown to loathe after taking countless lives with the same potential he was using right now.

An incinerator.

Once he was finished burning Ashley– who was surprisingly tame throughout the whole thing, Vulken removed his hands and brought them back to his sides, but not before taking a quick glance at his right hand. The room had gotten hotter, and it seemed that the two had made a fair trade. Ash got his strength, and by using his potential, Vulken had progressed to the second stage of his potential with minimal effort.

Go,” He said, waving the blue-eyed Phoenix away. “And do me a favor. Make sure YY stays safe– Damn it, kid!

Vulken stomped his foot in annoyance once he realized that the third person in the room had moved her hands out of the way, probably as soon as he shifted his focus onto burning Ash.

I told you not to–” He paused, then sighed, letting it go. She really was as stubborn and fearless as her dad. It was either that, or this little girl had seen some serious shit in her short lifetime. “Just go, Ash.

SUVs? Intruders? Rats??? Vulken’s eyebrow twitched in frustration once the younger man exited the kitchen, leaving behind only him, Amelie, and the three beasts that Lyric had left behind on orders to protect her. He was Draken. He was supposed to be the one who ran out and dealt with any obstacles while his King sat in the comfort of her own home without a worry in the world– Jack or not. Instead, he was stuck playing babysitter in the King’s kitchen while everyone else was out working hard on what was supposed to be a fun, relaxed day.

… Or was he?

His eyes trailed over to Amelie, who in turn looked back at him. He wasn’t certain, but the girl’s chances of being an HP were high. Plus, she had three monsters protecting her, and there wasn’t much of a commotion outside anymore, as far as he knew. An imaginary lightbulb went off above his head, and he dug into his pocket while walking towards her.

Vulken pulled his cell phone out of his pocket, unlocking it and navigating to the contacts app. There were hundreds of names on the list, but he scrolled down to his special ‘Phoenixes’ folder and pointed at it.

I’m, uh, gonna go check out what’s goin on. If anythin’ happens, call any of the people on this list. And don’t go through my galler– Nevermind. I know now that if I tell you not to do somethin’, you’ll just do it anyway.” He had an annoyed look on his face at the end of his instructions. She’s too much like YY.

Amelie nodded in obedience, and he took it as a cue to exit the kitchen, leaving the young girl behind with Lyric’s ‘pets’. As he darted out of the house, he thought about whether or not he had just done the right thing. Surely there was something wrong with leaving a little girl alone with three big cats, right?

He shook his head. She would be fine. Besides, if he stayed there, she could have passed out from heat stroke! That would be his excuse if the others yelled at him.

SCENE:
Tigers Arc 2: Scene 3 [Happily Ever After]
PARTICIPANTS:
Alice, Elias, Jack, Charmy, Jackson
Happily Ever After

Just as Jack was about to send the blade for another slice across the boy’s forehead, Charmy’s words hit him like an epiphany. ‘Oh, that is a good idea. Guess I did get a little carried away there.’ The blade hovered close enough to Ben’s head that it caught a drop of sweat trailing down his face. “It’s a good thing my pardner’s here, I mighta’ gotten a little too carried away otherwise,” he chuckled, slapping his knee.

He’d stopped the saw blade to reiterate Charmy’s inquiry. “Well? Whaddya’ know ‘bout Miss Lana? She’s got the red eyes and the big mouth, helluva chatterbox if I do say so myself, bless her soul. She was chattin’ me up somethin’ mean right before you and yer’ blonde little lady friend was walkin’ out that door,” He finished, gesturing to the now locked door. “Tell ya’ what I’ll give ya’ that last one as a freebie, since I think yer’ gonna’ be a helpful fella’.”

“Alrighty, on the count of three…”
Jack began to count down and let the saw blade begin again as he reached one. With a confident smile on his face, he put his hands on his knees and locked eyes with Ben.
AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel BluEndings BluEndings

STAR / TENEBROSITY
SCENE:
Serpents Arc 2: Scene 1 [Arcane Informant]
Nearby Heavenly Beasts Plaza, Lower Central District
PARTICIPANTS:
Caio, Urien, Ten, Darius, Delynn, Orion
Arcane Informant
The baton from the dragon cracked down on Ten’s head with a thud, generating a grunt from them and removing one of the shades on their face. Shaking the pain from their head and readjusting the remaining pair, they giggled. What a response! Ten watched as the Dragon fell from Orion’s sweep and was promptly stabbed— but their eyes quickly moved from one dragon to the next. Keeping in laughter from this hilarious-looking Dragon —seriously, what kind of jaw is that?— they stepped over the person on the ground and launched a punch towards the jaw guy’s gut.

Star didn’t need to do much in terms of defense with the wild way this opponent was approaching a quick jump back was enough to give them an opening. With a quick inhale their jaw opened even wider before they made a quick snap forwards aiming to bite the offender's arm all the way up to the shoulder.

Just as quick as the Dragon jumped back, Ten pulled their arm back across their chest, giving the other a firm hold on their elbow. They planted their other hand on the dragon’s head and shook their captured arm wildly in an attempt to get the biter off of them. Using their pinkie and their thumb, they tried pressing their fingers into the other’s eyes —though the shaking made it much harder for themself.

Star felt the clawing of fingers on his face as the attacker tried to get to his eyes. He closed his eyes and tightened his jaws onto the elbow of the other attempting to chop down further and break bone. The shaking wasn’t enough to get to him but he planted his feet as steady as he could trying to protect his head from being hit.

Okay, the shaking wasn’t working, and Ten was about to lose an arm. They moved their free hand to their arm and pulled it in towards themself. Sharply raising their leg, they kicked upwards towards the defender in an effort to hit them where it hurts.

Star felt himself yanked further as the attacker dragged his arm back. He started to stumble down as his jaw was dragged forwards stretching his neck. He brought the rest of his body forwards to not lose the mark. A terrible idea it turned out as he felt a knee connect with his groin. He screamed at the force applied accidently letting go of them before stumbling back.

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider Tobi Naefaerne Tobi Naefaerne WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten

DARIUS KENNEDY
CS Link
SCENE:
Serpents Arc 2: Scene 1 [Arcane Informant]
Nearby Heavenly Beasts Plaza, Lower Central District
PARTICIPANTS:
Caio, Darius, Delynn, Orion, Ten, Urien
EXPOSED SKIN:
Upper facial area, neck
ARCANE INFORMANT

This... was not going well. Darius slammed the bat down against one woman's arm as he processed their questioning.

"Wait a m-" Darius stepped back as the bat's blow got deflected, and before he could finish his sentence he found a leg raised, a kick heading straight for his face.

Moves like that weren't what he was used to. Any unarmed combat he found himself involved in was generally a lot less clean. He covered his face with his now free arm, letting it soften the blow, though it was still a hard impact that he felt through the limb.

"I'm not gonna hurt anyone!" His verbal defense was far far worse than his physical as he stepped back, bat poised for another swing against the girls if they tried anything, "Let's just back off, ok?"

>>> To Next Post

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic gxxberkit gxxberkit Tobi Naefaerne Tobi Naefaerne The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider

SCENE:
Tiger Arc 2: Scene 1 [Charity from the Upper City]
PARTICIPANTS:
Akira, Jesper, Lucy, Dimitri @The Prophet, Surya BriiAngelic BriiAngelic
Charity from the Upper City

The dance with Dimitri is filled with quiet a bit of stunning elegance, upon locking a single hand with Dimitri and doing a successful twirl, Helva began to hear a voice, that sounded very much familiar to her. Typically interruptions would annoy her, but in this case she was more amused and curious when she suddenly had to stop their dance in order to figure out who the voices owner was. When she finally saw who the perpetrator was her eyes widened in surprise, and a sudden sparkle in her eyes started to appear, the past Phoenix King Surya, though Helva was only a Rookie during their reign she had a lot of respect towards the woman who held the title of Phoenix King nearly a decade ago. Her comments about how terrible the area was weren't lost on her, but she only went on to internally chuckle at the Former Phoenix Kings bluntness, though she supposed they had no need to play politics now a days, unlike herself.

She supposed it would be typical of Surya to consider things from a more strategic perspective, in settings such as these, when she is representing her family, she has her Maids to deal with all their protection. So being in a strategically viable and defensive position was not her main concern, though she couldn't say the same for others here, though she supposed some of them may have their own aces up their sleeves, maybe. And she opted to state as much as well in response to Suryas comment, "I'm sure some of them have a ace up their sleeve, giving the illusion of vulnerability can be very advantageous in some situations." as she mused that over, she had a bemused smirk on her face. When Surya asked if they could steal the dance from them, Helva couldn't help but give a innocent apologetic smile towards Dimitri, when it comes to a Veteran and a Rookie, she would typically choose the Veteran. Though Surya was a Inactive Phoenix, she was the Former Phoenix King, and Helva was always a sucker for people of her past, even though she was more busy trying to prove herself when Surya was King, since the past is where her fondest memories laid.

So without too much of a delay Helva went on to accept Suryas offer with a gracious curtsy bow, "Why it would be a honor to dance with the Sun." she then took Suryas hand, and allowed them to take the lead for this dance, figuring that it would be most natural for someone like Surya, who once lead the entire gang.

RURIKO IKEDA
SCENE:
Dragons Arc 2: Scene 1 [The Child]
Rooftops --> Streets, The Markets, East District
PARTICIPANTS:
Dyne, Hou, Ra, Ruriko, Shiri
THE CHILD

Her grip tightened around the hilt of her weapon as she watched the unknown man reveal a baton that extended in length. It reminded her of Kanna. No, no. Fuck Kanna. She was mad at her right now! Ruriko frowned at the weapon, wondering if this man knew exactly what was going on. It would be four against one if he actually wanted to fight. Not that there was any reason to fight, she was just trying to return the child to his parents.

However, he kept talking — kept trying to see if Ruriko was telling the truth or not. A fair process but it was still annoying. Her expression softened when he asked what the child’s name was. The child’s name…? For a second her confidence faltered as she tried to remember the conversation she had with the two men at the food stand. They didn’t give her a name, only a general description of the child.

“They only gave me a description of what he looked like,” she muttered sheepishly.

At Hou’s last statement, her expression fortified to that of determination. She didn’t have a problem going directly through him if he was going to be stubborn about it. “So be it —”

Before she could fully accept the challenge, her attention turned to the movement behind the red-haired man. Without much time to determine what it was exactly, she watched the child get yanked off the roof to the street below.

“OI –!”

Ignoring Hou completely, she pushed past him, sprinting to the roof's edge to look below. There stood a couple of men, the largest one holding the child underneath an arm while mocking the party on the roof. “The fuck did you just say?” Ruriko frowned in annoyance as she unsheathed her blade, not hesitating to jump off the roof and land on the street below. “You’re about to lose your fucking head if you don’t let the kid go.”

Kazue Kaneko
SCENE:
Tigers Arc 2: Scene 3 [All Proceeds]
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri, Sabrina, Fahru, Masked Concertgoer K, Minato, Osamu
All Proceeds

Kazue had never made any mistakes in her life at all. Also, fire is cold and rain is dry. An alcoholic would be impressed at how many screw-ups Kazue had maneuvered herself into, and even compared to how the rest of her life and its unfortunately unforgettable status as a comedy of errors, this forsaken show was the worst error of them all.

Kazue sat stunned in silence, preemptively activating her humble Potential out of the totally irrational and unnecessary fear of dying to one of the fifty people who had crowded her space. She stayed there as:
• Masked Concertgoer S attempted to bribe Sabrina and Kazue. Kazue's vision shifted over to the stack of bills thrusted at her. She did not grab the bills, instead continuing to sit stone still, as though the act of not acting would somehow cause these invaders to lose interest and finally give her some space.
• Lucifer left the stage. Oh no. If Lucifer's getting off stage, then–
• Sabrina took flight, because of course she could, breaking the stadium roof, still holding onto N's collar. At this point Kazue finally checked to see if she was even awake, deactivating her Potential for a split second to pinch her forehead. She was, sadly.
• Another person, some tall intimidating woman with a massive dog, maybe security, walked into Kazue's corner. She should have just taken the money and ran.
• Yet another person, mercifully not stopping by, also flew through the hole in the ceiling.
• Security person's dog blocked the way out of the corner.
• Security psycho threatened S with a knife. If security person thought Kazue was with these other clowns, she was good as dead.
• S rattled off some bad cover story about wanting to go backstage, not mentioning Kazue. She almost broke her new vow of silence to thank the girl right then and there.
• The main show started. Oh no. Part of her earlier calculation was wrong, but if the other parts were right, then–
• S was given a concussion and a blow to the stomach. Psycho dog lady left the corner after administering the one-two and getting her dog to kidnap S. Praise the heavens, the "do nothing" strategy sort of kind of yeah not really worked. And the corner was safe and empty now. Yippee. She would still be leaving that deathtrap far behind.

Kazue's phone dinged. Another text from the person who had brought her to this hellhole in the first place. Standing up and grabbing her coat, Kazue pulled down her mask and took a deep breath. Having gotten more air into her system, Kazue pulled her mask back up and read the text.

I got the food. Coming over to your corner in a minute

this corner has some kind of evil wizard curse on it

i'll come to you dude where are you

Ayame, for all her skills and talents, was terrible at navigation. Kazue considered waving her eye-searingly yellow raincoat, like a flag of victory, to make a beacon. She dismissed the idea after remembering her height and wingspan. Yelling would get drowned out by the crowd (was Kazue that loud when she was an Iroi fan back in the day? Wow, she was old.) She wanted to get out of the corner, because considering what events had just blitzed by, she was about to get hit by a bolt of lightning through Sabrina's bit of redecoration. The rain that she had momentarily dodged by heading south was back anyways. Her internal monologue was, after a delay featuring several bad attempts from Ayame to describe her location through text, concluded by some images of her surroundings instead.

Kazue compared the pictures to what she herself could see. A few moments of triangulation later, Kazue bade her incredibly unsafe safe and now very lonely corner a farewell, and set off to her new destination.

SCENE:
Tigers Arc 2: Scene 4 [Hostile Agenda]
PARTICIPANTS:
Camila, Chou, August, Matsuda
Hostile Agenda

Things were going swimmingly with the little spy boy. What seemingly started as a hindrance to the job, turned out to be a potential valuable asset, one that Camila could order around to her heart's content.
As they proceeded to regroup with the others, another car parked next to the target's house, a cute boy of questionable fashion walked out of the car, cheerfully greeting Smog. His looks clearly matched with the pictures she had seen of the last member of the arranged group: Spectre.

"Well, it's alright, dear, but I think you should probably try a little bit harder next time, we all need to be punctual, you know?"

Truly, Camila didn't exactly have exceptional patience or tolerance for people with such a flawed work ethic, people like that tend to lead to the least profits, and the most headaches.

Regardless, they managed to proceed into the house without much issue thanks for Mothman's work...Even if the screech still rang within Camila's eardrum. Still, it was good to know that at least the girl was able to find a way to make herself useful.

Camila had to agree with Smog's words, the man must be pretty wealthy to afford such a pretty house right in Central District, verily, the ever-inflating monster that is the housing market in New Oasis could sometimes make the Albino Tigers look like a charity by comparison. Looking at the main entrance, Camila was able to spot the large quantities of gasoline that eagerly awaited to be ignited right behind the door. It seems like Kinslee was more than ready to blow any potential pursuers to bits, the runaway rat was definitely in some deep shit.

She went ahead from the rest and headed upstairs, checking each of the rooms of the second floor until...BINGO.

Kinslee's home office.

Quickly rummaging through the desk's drawers turned out to be a fruitless effort, as the man hid nothing but useless trinkets within them, as well as a couple of porn magazines. Who even uses these nowadays? Thought Camila to herself before forcing her focus back to the search. Next thing in line, naturally, was the man's computer.

After an egregiously long booting up sequence (Someone needs to learn what an SSD is, apparently), she was met with a password protection. Nothing to be worried about, Camila may be no hacker, but that's where third party assistance came into play. She took a small USB drive from her fanny pack and plugged it into the PC. Instantly, the drive's multiple decrypting and
password recovery programs started to run, welcoming Camila into the PC's desktop without need of a single input on her part.

She took a few minutes to search around the local files. Surprisingly, the file management of this PC was better than she expected, with only important work files neatly organized in the desktop. Unfortunately none of it gave away any important information.

Next thing was accessing his Email, and this time, it seems Camila may have found something useful. Amongst emails about work, investments and notifications to renovate subscriptions to questionable websites, she found an E-mail from Element Liberation. The contents of the message were vague but also suspicious, and Camila knew that she had heard of that group before...It wouldn't hurt to get a few more questions out of their invisible friend from downstairs.

"Oh Benji, dear~ I need you to come up for a bit, and you better hurry up if you know what's good for you~"

Taigakitt Taigakitt WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed

CORVO CORDESCO
SCENE:
Phoenixes Arc 2: Scene 4 [Home Cookin']
PARTICIPANTS:
Alex, Ashley, Auvura, Corvo, Lyric, Many Others
HOME COOKIN'

<<< Remember
Corvo.png

Corvo didn't need to glance at Suzerain as she clambered into the passenger seat, carrying... something with her. She glared into the windshield mirror, though it didn't seem like anyone else was coming, much to Corvo's disappointment. But, she'd take what she got. Her foot slammed on the gas pedal, and the car sped off. "Glad you could join me. Honestly, I would have preferred more than one person, but it's better than nothing." The older woman popped a cigarette in her hand as she drove, rolling down the window for the smoke it would have emitted—only to spot something curious in the rearview. "Seems that I spoke too soon..."

The cigarette fell neatly back into its box, and the car slowed gently. Corvo rolled down the windows for the backseats, and it wasn't long before the vehicle shook and buckled from an impact above. She cringed at the metallic crunch, for once donning an expression that wasn't smugness or apathy: a grimace. "This is a vintage car, I expect you to pay for that, YY." Under her breath, she added. "If this thing can get through today, anyway..."

While she drove, her mind raced at the same time. What could be done with herself, a cloth-controller, a girl and her fusion of tech (with questionable utility), and a small assortment of items in the back...?

The side of the bridge came into view as they rounded a corner. "We're here, ladies. Make yourselves the most comfortable that you can, now, because we won't get a chance later on."

Reaching a fair distance from the bridge, Corvo slammed the brakes to a screeching stop. She nodded for her passengers to get a move on. "I hope you don't mind us stopping a little while from the bridge—I can't risk my ride getting caught in the fire."

Corvo didn't even spare her allies a gaze as she spoke, taking to her trunk as soon as she hopped out to grab a black pouch, a rolled up spike strip, and to sling a leather rifle case over her shoulder. She hurried to the front, taking lead of the trio. "Suzu, I need someone to keep an eye out for any approaching vehicles, and I figure that contraption of yours can make a good signal; just play it whenever you spot our unkindly visitors."

As for where she would stand, there was an obvious choice once they made it to the bridge entrance. "YY, use your fabric to put Suzu on the roof of that corner store. It'll be a good vantage point. Also, take these." Corvo let down her black pouch beside Yong-Yut. "They're explosives. I want you to stay on this side and make a sling for them. The moment an SUV comes into view, lob it as strongly as your Potential allows. Try to get their vehicle off its wheels."

With that said, she moved to the entrance of the bridge to lay the spike strip across the road. It was an insurance.

"After that, I'll see whoever or whatever I can drag out of the wreck..." Corvo gave a thumbs up to her teammates, walking into position at the side. For the escaping car's route, the path would have looked all clear.

map.png
unknown.png

Saturn_moon Saturn_moon gxxberkit gxxberkit Ambiloquous Ambiloquous Lucem Lucem @OtherPeopleidk

Last edited:
ANNA GARDENER
CS Link
SCENE:
Serpents Arc 2: Scene 3 [Matter of the Dragon's Heart]
PARTICIPANTS:
Anna, Tri, Yuto, Kisara, Bash, Celestine, Meirin, Reveler, Dante, Peyton
Matter of The Dragon's Heart

A thin, yet voluminous haze of gas exploded throughout the room. The Lovemaker worked well, quickly polluting the room's atmosphere with pink, misty ichor. Of great aid, too, was the air conditioning, which in its efforts to circulate, fresh, cool air throughout the building, instead began to siphon up the Lovemaker's mist, pumping it through the brothel's guts and deeper into the structure.

"There's..." Anna's voice remain strained, and she backpedalled her way further up the stairs. "Uh- W-would you believe me if I said I asked him not to do that?" For her part, Anna was not entirely sure what she had asked Tri what and what not to do, as at this point, she'd given up on whatever scraps of hope she'd had left about him ever listening to a word she said.

"Fat chance!" Paul- who was currently huddled over Steve, who was currently dramatically clutching at where Reveler had shot him- shouted. The two of them were bickering amongst each other, and pointing their fingers at Anna, Reveler, and then the front door, in that order, trying to determine which of the day's troublemakers presented the greatest threat. Or which of them that they wanted to beat up on the most. Steve, in particular, shot an array of very ugly glares in Reveler's direction, which could be felt even through his nearly-opaque set of aviator sunglasses.

"Ugh." Steve groaned, crawling to his feet. "Psycho-bitch, this is your lucky day, I swear to hell." The two of them had, amongst themselves, determined that the Dragons, being Dragons, were not worth pursuing for their transgressions, and the mask-fetishist, well, hadn't done anything yet.

"Miss Mei!" Paul barked politely. "We're going after that old freak! If you'd hold things down on this end, we'd appreciate it." The two of them, in perfect sync, bowed in Meirin's direction, glared in Reveler's and then ran out the front door.

Anna breathed a sigh of relief as the pair dashed from the building, outnumbered now only by one. If worst came to worst, those were numbers that she could work with.

"Sorry uh- Sorry for my P-Pa. He has... Episodes every now and again. Ever since he joined that gang, he's been a little uh- A little funny." She did her best to appear as not threatening as possible. "What's say we um... Ignore? That? And uh- I'll just do my scouting and go. P-please. Missuses."

Anna continued to back up the stairs, slowly, as she spoke, edging as far away from the Lovemaker cloud as possible. He'd never explained what the gun actually did to her, but the second rule of knowing Tri was to never, never, breath in anything he made.

/border]

Fahrelnissa Peynirci
SCENE:
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri, Daemon, Sabrina, Dagger, Fahru, Masker Concertgoer K, Minato
ALL PROCEEDS

The moment the dark woman shot up, Fahru’s objects converged, crashed together, but just as soon their directions changed, homing again on their target as if with a crazed vengeance. Even broken in half, struck against poles, the roof, non-metallic ones rose again, then again persistently, solely with only one purpose for their temporary lives: to harm their target as much as they could.

Electricity. The cackling sparks passing from the wire to Maximon caused Faru to wince. Her knowledge of this phenomenon was almost nil beyond its uses and the danger it posed. But the science behind the woman’s ability to fly and push and pull by the use of electricity was beyond her. Nothing, she knew nothing of how this woman’s potentiality worked. She could fly, could punch and could drag things to her by force. In comparison, Fahru’s ability was rather simple. But so far the damage done to her minions was not significant. So long as she could drag this out perhaps...

No, she could not afford to play this safe. They were practically fighting full force on top of thousands of people. One misstep could cause the death of many. She had to end this quickly. But how.

There was no sign of tiredness, no reluctance, no avoidance. The woman was clearly deriving enjoyment from this. She liked all this needless violence. And Fahru could not comprehend why. She had seen her fair share of brutes in the Tigers, but most of the time it was for a purpose. Vile purpose. But still to achieve something: fear, respect, monetary gain… This woman didn’t seem to care all that much for the escaping man. She was fighting for the sake of fighting. How could someone enjoy such meaningless acts? Is there no better joy to be had? Fahru did not want to fight at all, the woman’s enjoyment disgusted her. But she must.

The woman muttered something Fahru did not care to register. Probably it was just some mindless drivel. It came now. Tch. She forgot her sole weapon was metallic. But as it shot towards the woman. She clutched it hard, with all her mental might she commanded it to move against the pulling force, just so enough that she could still control the pace at which they were both heading towards the woman. A sudden wave shook her colored trinkets, over half fell lifelessly from the sky. Mental capacity pooled and poured into the mic stand now.

Moments before she hit Maximon, the stand glowed brilliantly and braked in the air. Then at once flickered and its hue went dull, escaped Fahru’s hand, and obeyed the magnetic force for the rest of its journey. Without the only medium for flight, the girl dropped back. But the parrot had been already in her embrace. She cringed in preparation for the electric sting, then wrapped her free hand around the wire entrapping her companion. It untangled and freed the bird in turning orange. For a moment no more, the wire was already painted in its entirety. And twisted back to its now-former master like a coiling then springing viper.

Falling, though shaken to the core by the shock, Fahru commanded the barely conscious bird to fly even with its last ounce of strength. The rest of her trinkets fell uselessly now as she fell back, clutching Maximon’s claws. Both landed on the roof and staggered.

Orion | North | Arcane Informant

Things quickly flew into an array of limbs and chaos. With Ten's intervention and Darius' interaction with the brunette and blonde female strangers whom Orion could only assume were also Dragons, the fact both were too close made the idea of using his electrical attacks terrible- so the moment the struggle with Ten ended and he was shaken off by the sawtoothed attacker, Orion went in for a decisive blow. Using his blade as the distraction, Orion deftly used his other hand to remove the scabbard to sheath his blade, and like a blunt object, just as swiftly as he could with a sword, brought it down on the Saw-Toothed Dragon's head, whether that connected or not didn't matter.

For Orion, it was a matter of ensuring Ten was safe at the very least. He could've used his sword to easily injure the Dragon more severely but since he was not being threatened with death at the exact moment, the part of him that had once known what it meant to not approach everything with deadly violence acted.

A swift, yet heavy thud accompanied the follow up movement that came with his swing as he struck Saw Tooth in the ribs. The scabbard sheath being made of a material that made it just as durable as petrified hard wood or reinforced HP steel, it should have been enough to not only crack the rib, but floor his opponent.

The kick he used with his barefoot to follow up and shove the big mouthed Dragon away probably didn't help either.

Without wasting a moment, Orion then turned towards Darius direction and with a narrowing of his eyes, sparks emanated from his body- his hair turning an electric pale whitish blue. "He doesn't mean you harm but attack him again and I will. That baton you have means nothing to me, I'll just soak it up. What are Dragons doing around here anyway?" his sheath was stashed back onto his back, his blade twirled around fingers before he pointed it at one of the women. It hummed with the his of static. "Can't stick to your own territory? Tired of living under the thumb of your benevolent 'king'?" He asked with quite the level of disdain despite how calm his voice was.

Mentions:

Interactions: BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider gxxberkit gxxberkit WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten Tobi Naefaerne Tobi Naefaerne

HAPPILY EVER AFTER
SCENE:
Tiger Arc 2: Scene 3 [Happily Ever After]
PARTICIPANTS:
Charmy, Jack, Claire (NPC), Ben (NPC)
HAPPILY EVER AFTER
<<< Remember (Charmy)
<<< Remember (Jack)

Ben breathed a sigh of relief as all the blades stopped, though evidently the danger was far from over. As soon as Jack put forth his inquiry and counted down, Ben's self-preservation kicked in. "Lana, red-eyed, you must be talking about Lana Rochelle, right? The one who's been going around each store like mad? She's the heir to the Acacia brand; got adopted off the streets by Acacia shortly after her miscarriage some 10 years ago. If you ask me, she's only so high on the org chart because of that creepy Potential of hers, learning things and knowing where people are just by keeping eye contact...

"Lana followed Acacia to this mall and they've stuck around for about a week. No idea why. But... I have seen the two of them frequent the Honeycomb Cafe whenever it was closed, always going in the back. They'd be with some guy in a hat at times, but I never bothered to catch a better look at what went on in there."
Ben stared helplessly between Jack and Charmy, all the while Claire squirmed in his useless state. Ben hoped the fear didn't show in his eyes.
- Ben (?)
- Marked kiosk from Lana
- Location sent by Elias // Near Honeycomb Cafe

BluEndings BluEndings Chaos Gallant Chaos Gallant

Hadrien Gauthier
SCENE:
Dragons Arc 2: Scene 2 [A Brief Meditation]
PARTICIPANTS:
Shen, Kairong, Hadrien, Omar
A Brief Meditation
Hadrien's eyes settled on Shen as he walked past him. He had heard his footsteps approaching, but he wasn't sure it was going to be Shen. His appearance didn't surprise the rookie, as much of his anger was directed toward him. Any self-respecting person would have addressed him themselves. What came next wasn't a total shock to him either. Shen didn't need to say anything to him, he read it in his actions. Shen wanted a fight and while Hadrien would normally be more than glad to indulge himself, Shen wasn't a normal person. He was their leader and lighting him like a torch wasn't the greatest idea. The rain hitting his hat was another issue as well. Hadrien's abilities had to do with fire and rain might impair his ability to use it.

He gave Shen a grin, blowing smoke from his mouth and flicking his cigarette to the side. "While I would like to battle it out in the streets with you, I can't fight under conditions that may put me on an unfair playing field." Hadrien leaned forward, taking his weight off of the wall. "First, if we are to fight, I need your guarantee that no harm will come of me if the results don't go your way. You're the leader, seriously injuring you is a liability for me." Hadrien grabbed a new cigarette, lighting it with a small wisp on the tip of his finger. "Second, it must be in a different location. The nature of my quirk could burn the whole block down and as someone who just destroyed a bridge, I don't think you want to add your own territory to the list."

Hadrien let out a plume of smoke, smiling as he got to his last point. "Finally, what's in it for me? I don't fight unless I have something to gain out of it and you have yet to propose a condition to me." The lanky man made his points clear, and he wasn't going to deviate from them. He didn't expect to be in a conflict with the leader of his gang, but that's what happens when you aren't a yes man like the others in the tea shop. Opinions mean nothing if you don't truly believe in them and Hadrien was always sure of himself.

Osamu Ueno
SCENE:
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri, Daemon, Sabrina, Dagger, Fahru, Masked Concertgoer K, Minato, Kazue
All Proceeds
"You're at a concert... and you're not wasted too." Osamu slurred his way through the sentence, his grammatical cohesion struggling to keep it together. When Minato suddenly stopped, Osamu almost collapsed onto the ground, feeling the nauseousness hit him like a tidal wave. "Next time you do that... I might ruin your clothes. I wonder if they sell buckets here..." Concerts sold all types of merchandise, why wouldn't they sell a bucket? Normal Osamu would have answered that immediately and called you an idiot. Drunk Osamu is an uncaged animal, and you never knew what he was going to do next.

Before the drunk knew it, he was being led into a direction and according to Minato, it was for some beer. "Changed your mind, eh? Make sure to buy cheap beer... the taste doesn't matter past your second one." Osamu rambled on as he clung onto Minato, the ability to do anything but talk would be too much for him. The idea of more beer was just as nauseating as almost being thrown to the ground, but Osamu was not a quitter. If it was a beer Minato wanted, then a beer Osamu would have with him.

"If you need money for beer, just reach into my pocket... I won big today at the casino. They don't know I can count cards." Possibly the only productive thing Osamu did today was win at the casino. He didn't do it for money, he had plenty of that, but more money was always welcomed. He just liked showing people he was the best gambler. "Are we there yet? I think I might throw up again." Osamu found it hard to keep his head up, his eyes staying on the floor. Just watching the floor move made him want to release the contents in his stomach.

Lin Kairong
SCENE:
A Brief Meditation
PARTICIPANTS:
Kairong, Shen, Hadrien, Omar
A Brief Meditation

Once again, the old man said nothing, even as Shen excused himself from the party, and Hadrien followed after. They were adults now. He was only here to provide advice, not act. A long time ago, perhaps, a more hot-blooded Kairong would have buried someone underneath debris for even glancing at him the wrong way, then justify it as self-defense. After all, one could never really know what another’s Potential was. Now, however, the old man simply sighed, and finally took one of the small ceramic cups from the tray, and gently poured himself tea. A lilting plume of steam rose from the surface of the amber liquid. It was still warm, thank goodness. Clasping the cup with both of his hands, he raised it to his mouth, and breathed in the aroma.

“I do hope they do not hurt each other too much,” he commented, almost nonchalantly. He looked sharply at Omar. “Do you think it wise to remain here, with an aged fossil like me? Or would you rather keep your King and his newfound friend from tearing each other apart?” He took a quiet sip from the cup, savouring the rich taste, then swallowed. Good as ever. Karin was improving.

Just then, he thought he saw movement from counter at the kitchen. That was strange. That was not the form of Karin. He turned, and saw the miniscule silhouette of a child pop his head out from the side of the counter, wandering into the center of the shop before he froze, looking at the two seated gentlemen. Kairong was, for the first time in a very long time, rather surprised. “Oh,” was all he managed. Then a quizzical “Oh?” escaped thereafter. He got to his feet, and made his way to the child. He was so small. Kairong placed his age at around…5 years, perhaps? Maybe 7. The old man knelt down beside the young one. “Hello there, young man. Are you lost?” He turned his head to call to his assistant. “Karin. Karin, come here.”

“What is it, Mr. Lin?” The sound of a chair scraping across the floor, light footsteps, and then faithful Karin was beside him. At once, her hands flew to her mouth. “Aww, he’s so cute! Where did you pick this one up from, Mr. Lin?”

“I was about to inquire if he was yours, Karin. From your reaction, I would hazard a guess that you were not the one to retrieve him.” He patted the child’s head softly. “He emerged from the kitchen only just now. Was the door locked?”

“As usual, Mr. Lin.” Karin nodded. “Let me go and check.” With those words, she dutifully left to do as she said.

Kairong remained by the child. “Your parents must be worried, young man. Do you know where they are?”

“It’s locked, Mr. Lin!” Karin called from the kitchen.

How strange. How very strange. Perhaps a Potential was at play here. Perhaps it was one of Ruriko’s portals that brought him here. His brow creased in worry. If it was her doing, then there was a good reason for it, and he could not imagine it being anything but a storm abrew.

Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Vahn Vahn

Sabrina Felton
SCENE:
All Proceeds
Cloudwalk Stadium Rooftop, South District
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri, Daemon, Sabrina, Dagger, Fahru, Masker Concertgoer K, Minato
All Proceeds

Reddened objects continued to come at her–even the ones she broke or stuck to poles–forcing Sabrina to move faster and faster. Pain blossomed at times, but she didn’t mind it. It was pain that told one they were alive, after all. Besides, alcohol had dulled her senses somewhat and most of her attention was focused on the mic stand. She wanted it. She couldn’t say why, but she wanted it. She also wanted her main opponent close enough to trade blows. Beating up toys wasn’t nearly as satisfying as beating up a living person, after all. Fruitless as well since it was becoming more and more apparent that the army of moving objects wouldn’t go down until their controller did.

As proof, over half the animated objects fell down to the citizens below once Sabrina focused on the weapon.

Glasses clung on. That was expected. However, the resistance was not. Frowning, Sabrina’s brows furrowed and her hand clenched as she raised the attraction between two magnetic fields. It was now potential versus potential. Winner? Who can say. Her target was still moving towards her…but at a slower rate.

Ah well.

Maximilian hadn’t quite slammed into its owner as intended, but it was in her embrace all the same. Sabrina’s voltage rose. Catching the mic stand that bulleted towards her, Sabrina swung wide, batting away the remaining vermillion objects that continued to attack her. It was a familiar feeling. Gripping a mic stand, that is. However, there was no microphone at the end this time around. This time she used it as a weapon to channel out all her aggression, visible static emanating from her body in response to her wild emotions.

At the music industry that screwed her over.

At the fans that had once claimed to love her one moment only to turn their backs the next.

At the society that prioritized money and fame over everything else.

Mostly though, at herself, for still clinging on in some way to a long dead fantasy.

Sadly, it didn’t last long. As the metallic wires retreated back into her armored ring, the animated objects dulled, color flickering out as they all fell. Sabrina glanced down at the falling girl being carried back down by the pet she’d managed to free. “Done already?”

To the blue haired girl’s credit, she hadn’t screamed while being shocked. Hadn’t made a peep the entire battle, actually. Was she paralyzed? In a burst speed, Sabrina closed the distance, her feet touching the rooftop (unconsciously spreading waves of electromagnetic interference throughout the building) as she caught the staggering girl by her hair. Sabrina’s limbs were starting to numb from potential overuse. Her breathing heavy. However, her eyes were alight…maybe even a little glassy…as pulled the head back to look at her. No words were exchanged, but the eyes told a story all on their own. Disgust. They seemed to look down on her.

Infuriated, and no longer paying attention to the bird–or anything else for that matter–, Sabrina dropped the mic stand, which clattered on the ground, and raised her fist, intending to bring down upon the girl’s aggravating face. Rain poured over them. Deep down, Sabrina knew she was running away. Listening to the music, the screaming fans, would only bring back memories she wanted to avoid. Addiction. Alcohol abuse. Fighting. All a means to escape the pain. Sabrina didn’t even know the woman she had in her grasp. She didn’t care. She only saw herself as her balled fist came down.

Mqueserasera Mqueserasera The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Elenion Aura Elenion Aura azenva azenva Slav Slav

Last edited:
SCENE:
Phoenixes Arc 2: Scene 4 [Shopping Spree!] (Ft. Happily Ever After)
PARTICIPANTS:
Charlie, Reika, Hitoshi
Shopping Spree!

Charlie continued to feel more and more restless by the second as the tension continued to increase, this only got worse after the previosly silent boy decided to speak up. Could Alice's household really be as ruthless as to get her back by force? No...Of all people, Charlie knew best how naive was to question that, as if he hadn't been gifted with a powerful ability, he may not had been able to battle his way out of that toxic place he once called home, indeed, such was the nature of the wealthy elite from the West.

However, despite their words, Alice was adamant against following them, and truth be told, the pair of strangers didn't come across as friendly or trustworthy whatsoever, maybe some of what they said was true, but it still didn't feel quite right. She also delivered a few kind words about trusting Charlie as well as him being her first friend outside of west, which made him feel joy that he tried his best to conceal. It was also reassuring to hear that this man, Jackson, also seemed dead-set on being on their side.

Something else also caught his attention. Very faintly, Charlie caught the sound of crackling glass. Quickly looking around made him notice an unnatural gleam coming from the nearest security camera, upon closer inspection, the front of the lens was covered by a floating pane of glass, something like that didn't look like the result of high-tech.

Looking back on the suspicious pair, he noticed that the more colorful boy was performing some strange movements with his hands, and at the same time, the strange floating piece of glass continued to move erratically, almost as if...they were related?

He had to make a choice now, would he stay still and hope for a diplomatic resolution? Or would he follow his gut and stop the boy from whatever he could be doing?

...No, he just had to take the leap.

Rushing forward, Charlie went past all three people between, right up to the boy, and catching his strangely-moving left arm with his right hand, pulling it upwards.

"Try anything funny and I'm breaking your arm" he said as he tightened his iron grip, showing that he wasn't just bluffing.

(FC art by gxxberkit gxxberkit !)

AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

Last edited:
Kisara McDowell
SCENE:
Serpents Arc 2: Scene 2 [Tailing the Dragon's Heart]
PARTICIPANTS:
Anna, Tri, Yuto, Kisara, Bash
Don't Go Tailin' My Heart

Maybe it was just her imagination, or maybe she could still hear things going bang, boom, crash outside. It was probably her imagination. It wouldn’t do to interrupt the guests in this establishment if they could hear weird noises from outside over the already weird noises they made. Gripping onto Bash’s hand, she ran across the hallways of Platinum Rabbit. A couple of inquisitive heads popped out of some of the rooms, and she had thought to question one or two of them on where this chief’s office was, but thought better of it. As if running around wasn’t already cause for alarm, shaking someone in their drawers by their shoulders was most definitely a much bigger red flag.

Both of them– well, more accurately, she dashed past a sign plastered on the wall while Bash was haplessly dragged along by the wrist, going down the next hallway. It was only after a second or two that she registered what her fleeting glance had seen on the sign, and she skidded to a halt, made a U-turn, almost wrenching her poor partner hard enough to give him whiplash, then hurried back towards the sign. Still jogging on the spot, she gave the gold (probably fake gold) sign with the black embossing. There were some strange terms on there, probably names of different wings or sections of the Platinum Rabbit, as there were also some recognisable words like ‘Emergency Exit’, ‘Laundry Chutes’, ‘Executive Office’, ‘Reception’, ‘Indoor Pool’-- ooh, an indoor pool? That sounded neat. Maybe she should visit some day on her own, or with Senpai, or maybe Raph– wait, what was the last one? Reception? No, that’s not right. Executive Office! That was the one! She thumbed her nose with her free hand. Sometimes her genius frightened even herself. It was close too. Up one level, and down the hallway. With those simple instructions, she was off again.

Unlike the entirety of New Oasis, she did not take the next five years to navigate through the much smaller confines of Platinum Rabbit. She brought the heel of her foot straight onto the door, causing the door jamb to splinter across the room within, and the deadbolt to go careening into the air and shattering a vase. “Behold! It is I, the plunderer of the priceless, the pilferer of prizes, Prinz Gyoushi!” she announced to an empty room and marched right in, grinning widely. There it was, the dumb gem that they were supposed to make off with, sitting all pretty on a velvet cushion on the desk. Her eyes sparkled, and she clapped her hands excitedly. Finally, she was doing something actually cool! She should get into this cat burglar business, if she wasn’t already busy with other things. She snatched up the gem to take a closer look, then froze.

It was cold to the touch, true, but…it didn’t feel like it was actually really a precious stone at all. She had thought something like this would have been heavier too. She never touched a real gem for too long, but even jade stuff was much heavier, much cooler, much more…sophisticated than this? She couldn’t find a word for it. Was this…fake? Before she could deliberate on it any further, a shrill alarm began to ring throughout the building.

"That doesn't sound good," she commented meekly, as she tried to set the 'gem' back onto the velvet cushion to try and shut the alarm up, to no avail.

The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Nobody Special Nobody Special Damafaud Damafaud Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed angel doe angel doe The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Mqueserasera Mqueserasera QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Coyote Hart Coyote Hart

SYLVIE SLEZÁK
SCENE:
Tigers Arc 2: Scene 4 [Hostile Agenda]
Christen Kinslee's House, West-Side, Central District
PARTICIPANTS:
August, Camila, Chou, Matsuda, Sylvie
HOSTILE AGENDA

After a quick nod to Benjamin for answering his last question, Sylvie brought his attention to Camila.

"Yes, I will be on time in future. I promise." With apologies out of the way, he could notice the way Matsuda was speaking to the hostage. It was pretty clear that Benjamin's boss was not the same as the Tiger's boss, and one could reasonably deduce that he was not an ally by choice.

Sylvie admired the surroundings as he followed the others over to Kinslee's house. He wasn't going to pretend he wasn't impressed, and instead showed it with an appreciative whistle as he stepped through the window. He waved at Chou and August with an apologetic look, before admiring the interior of the house as well.

"Very nice. He is living quite well." The thought of Sylvie himself living in a Central District neighbourhood one day quickly crossed his mind but left when he spotted the gasoline trap that set a much darker tone for their exploration. "Good that we avoided that." Before taking any steps, he looked up and down to ensure there were no other obvious dangers.

He considered approaching the front door setup to inspect, but thought against it pretty quickly. It wouldn't do much good for anyone if the rookie combusted immediately after entering. As Camila ventured further into the house, Sylvie pointed at the hostage still being held by Matsuda.

"So who is this then? Does he know anything about this situation?" He looked at the grip Matsuda held on the pink-haired man. "And should I collect a sample for uh..." Sylvie swung the bag around from his shoulder and opened it, holding up a cloth figure of a human. It was mostly complete, apart from a hole that had yet to be stitched up, "...for this?"

Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed Roda the Red Roda the Red Taigakitt Taigakitt

HIDE & SANG'S
SCENE:
Phoenixes Arc 2: Scene 2 [The Bounty]
PARTICIPANTS:
Hide, Sang-Cheol
The Bounty

Sang-Cheol tumbled off of Hide as they collided against the shallow wall. Rolling off the room, it took a second for Sang-Cheol to jump back onto his to hurl himself at Hide again. That was until he realized they were in a completely different room.

There were multitude of tubes in the room which meant this was the experiment room. There was a black haired man with a mask, who he assumed was one of the scientists he was supposed to hunt, some woman that looked as dead as his crew, and a bloodied Hide…

Blood…

Sang-Cheol paled immediately as he reached up for his sunglasses. They weren’t there. They must have fallen off when he tumbled with Hide through the wall. A knot formed in his stomach as sweat started form. This wasn’t the time, he had focus on getting the information.

Seeing that the pigeon brain was facing against dead bitch, that meant the researcher was left. Channeling whatever anger he had left, he turned to the researcher. “You’re mine, you fucking bastard!” Sang-Cheol roared as he brandished his brass knuckles and charged at the researcher.

“Oh, that won’t do!”

The masked doctor retreated further back into the longer, sterile hall of the secret lab, evidently uninterested in getting into a physical altercation with the once-bespectacled Sang-Cheol.

The zombified woman, sensing her master’s distress, attempted to bash Hide away with the flat of her foot against his chest before trying to snatch Sang-Cheol by the collar and hoist him backwards and, with an inhuman display of strength, throw him back toward Hide.

“Come back here, you little- Eh?” Before he could reach the scientist his vision shifted. Everything was suddenly a blur as he flew through the air.

Hide grunted as something heavy was flung right into him. He coughed out a breathless, “WHAT THE HELL-” before he collapsed onto his ass. With a snarl, he debated headbutting his own skull against Sang-Cheol out of frustration, but ultimately decided against it. There was someone more worth directing his anger towards at the moment. That didn’t stop him however, from roughly and unceremoniously shoving the black haired man off of him, a sneer planted on his face. His eyes narrowed in on the woman, not completely sure if the way she acted was because of drugs or some shit or if it was something more… sinister. He whispered under his breath, “The hell is wrong with you…” Before whipping out his crowbar and lunging once again at the woman, his weapon raised high.

“Fuck!” Sang-Cheol yelled as he was both hurled and then thrown off by two different people. Rolling around for the second time today. Having two dimes on him would have been more likely than fucking rolling around with Pigeon Brain. Unfortunately, the probability was fucked since it fucking happened twice.

Raising again, he glared at the scene before him. Zombie Bitch and Pigeon Brain were in his way now and that discount Serpent was all the way in the back. If only he could his HP to burn this fucking shit hole down, but he couldn’t have nice things.

Zombie Bitch was undead so his pistol bullets wouldn’t do shit against her unless he hit one of her joints, and Pigeon Brain was in the way to begin with. Wait, did he have to care about Pigeon Brain? It wasn’t like he was in his gang or anything, not that it would change since Sang-Cheol would have shot anyone that wasn’t Snake.

“Pigeon Brain, I’m firing.” Sang-Cheol warned Hide. He lowered his posture and aimed for the animated corpse’s knee caps to debilitate her mobility. There was a slight effort in trying to not hit Hide as he began firing at both them.

The duo eyed boy’s eyes widened in shock and anger, head snapping behind him to glare daggers at the bastard that called him, “PIGEON BRAIN?! THE FUCK DID YOU JUST-” before he could rage even more however, a gasp left his mouth as the gun began firing. He dodged barely a second later, just as the first bullet nearly hit him. He gritted his teeth, “God fucking damnit you bastard-” He rolled behind the now, glasses-less boy, (Hide just now noticed) Coming up behind him, he whacked Sang behind his head- crowbar left sitting in his other scarred hand. “THE FUCK DID YOU DO THAT FOR YO-”

Sang-Cheol paled immediately as the fucking bloody, Pigeon Brain ran at him. It wasn’t because the man was intimidating it was that he fucking saw the red trailing down Hide’s face. Like a deer head lights he froze and left himself vulnerable for Hide to him in the back of his head.

The pain washed over and he slightly felt better after his attention was taken off from the sight of blood. He gritted his teeth. “Shut up…” Sang-Cheol growled out, some of his energy had been sapped from his blood trauma. “I was assisting you with gunfire, otherwise why would I warn you.”

The Zombie Bitch and the former serpent scientist were still in front of them. Purposely looking away from Hide, Sang-Cheol spoke, “If you can handle Zombie Bitch for a little while, I can take down her controller.” If they were lucky enough, if he was able to take down the HP behind Zombie Bitch then she would go down.

“Are we in an agreement?”

Hide huffed, crossing his arms as he glared even harder at the gun-wielder. Why wouldn't he look at him?! Was he seriously demeaning Hide right now?! What- was Hide not worth looking at?! That fucker… Hide grit his teeth in annoyance. Wiping his nose, he used his still bloody hand to grab the black haired guy’s jaw, forcing him to look at Hide. With a small triumphant smirk, the white haired man nodded, “Fine. Deal, nerd.” Before shoving his face away and stepping forward. He stalked closer, tossing his crowbar from hand to hand in a playful manner. “Let’s go you coffin fucker…” Before he ran forward and aimed his crowbar at the woman’s head.

"Ngggh."

The stench of blood. A metallic smell that made him nauseous. Hemophilia was a trauma that he obtained after that ‘incident’ in the convenience store. The dead look in her eyes. The bloody spray. The taste of iron. Everything about it made him wrench.

Right now, Hide looked like her for a brief moment. If it wasn’t for the fact that he was still alive, Sang-Cheol would have had a mental breakdown then and there. Again, Sang-Cheol was frozen as if spellbinded by a witch’s spell.

Sang-Cheol gasped for air as Hide left to fight the animated corpse. He clutched his jaw. There was a substance there. It was red.

Red. Red. Red. Red. Red. Red. Red. Red.

Everything felt smaller. His hands looked like a child’s now to him.

“It… it… it…” Sang-Cheol muttered in a daze as all he could do was stare at his hands.

“Nrrrrgh.” The zombified woman hobbled onward, blood—or something like it, only darker, nearly black as pitch—oozed from a wound in her leg from the once-bespectacled Serpent’s bullets.

Too slow, and too hampered by her wounded leg, the black-haired zombie snarled as Hide’s crowbar struck true, the force of the blow twisting her head at an impossible angle as blood, teeth, and spittle flew from her mouth. She stumbled backward, head lolling unnaturally around on her neck before, with her free hand, she grabbed hold of her own face and snapped her neck back into place. Her dull eyes burned with hatred as she charged Hide once more.

“... RAAAAAGH!

Meanwhile, the masked man watched with glee, evident in spite of the mask that obscured half his face. “Quite magnificent, wouldn’t you agree?”

Though, unbeknownst to any of them, a fire had begun to spread in the house behind them. The flimsy, dry wood had caught flame, and the smoke would be choking soon.

Hide’s eyes widened in horror, his own shoes taking a step back despite his own violation. His mouth hung ajar, fear making his voice unsteady, “What… WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU?!” Hide had never seen anything like this! At least now he was confident that her weird behavior wasn’t because of some drugs. This chick was a freakin ZOMBIE! The white haired boy grit his teeth, trying his best to steel himself. After a deep, shaky breath, he tightened his hold once more on his blackened-blood stained crowbar, before bending back and kicking his foot out to try and push the monster away. He adjusted his grip so it stayed at the very bottom of his crowbar, before swinging it her way again, doing his best to get in reach with his leg still outstretched. There was no way in hell he was gonna get bitten and turn into one of them! That's how Hide assumed zombies worked anyway…

“It wasn’t my fault” Sang-Cheol quietly muttered to himself. Everybody seemed to have forgotten about him as he sat there, crouched on the ground. His bloodstained hands seemed to grow even bloodier by the second.

He clenched his fists. “It wasn’t my fault” He repeated.

“It wasn’t my fault… It wasn’t my fault… IT WASN’T MY FAULT! Sang-Cheol suddenly screamed. Fire was unleashed everywhere. Looking straight at the researcher, the target of his ire, his eyes dilated.

Having ignited himself with his own flames, the head of Lab Icarus became a fiery blur as he ran past the zombie. The adrenalin and his ignition had made him push himself even further than ever before. "IT WASN’T MY FAULT! He cried as he descended upon the man, planning to tackle him down and smother him down with his on-fire body.

The masked doctor’s glee was evident, despite the cloth covering his mouth, as he watched his servant do battle with the snowy-haired Phoenix. “Quite impressive, isn’t she?” He called over the chaos. Unfortunately for him, he noticed the flaming Serpent gunning for him too late. He raised up his hands in a futile attempt to ward off his attacker, shouting in vain for him to, “S-stay back!”

It was no use. Sang-Cheol and the Doctor went tumbling to the floor together in a heap of smoke and flame. A scream rang out, and one of the pods nearby began to rattle violently. Its jostling knocked one of the many tubes connecting it to the walls loose, letting oxygen gas filter into the air. The volatile gas instantly reacted to the heat and flame present in the building, catching fire and exploding. The blast unsettled the rickety tenement’s foundation, as the walls began to crumble. It would not be long before the roof itself caved in as the heat and the licking flames buckled what feeble support remained.

1657776932843.png

Kanna Katsura - Azure Dragons - Jack [CS LINK]
Scene - Dragons Arc 2 | Scene 3: Error 404
Location - Undercity, Central District
Mentions/Interactions - Isaiah Spade ( Lucem Lucem )

If she had known they were going to go down a chimney, Kanna would've worn less nicer clothes. Oh well.

Kanna kept an eye out as she waited for Isaiah to make his decent down. Before following, she reached into her pocket, pulling out her phone and wrote up a quick text for Yo. It was for the best to keep the Queen in the loop, plus if Kanna and Isaiah learned anything, they could use the info in the interrogation.

"Spoke to Xavier, told us one of the John Doe's was spotted near House Vinter. Isaiah and I are here now checking it out. I'll get back to you soon." ( Taigakitt Taigakitt )

She pocketed her phone, beginning her own descent down the chimney. Kanna held her breath so that she didn't breath in any ash or soot. As she floated down, she heard Isaiah's voice in her ear. It was a bit weird, since he physically wasn't next to her, but to Kanna, it felt like he was whispering right over her shoulder. She shook off the weird feeling as she crawled out of the fireplace, lightly patting her clothes down to minimize the noise.

Her eyes scanned the room that they were in. The front door was off to the side and some chairs were laid out. On the other side was stairs leading up and other hallways that would take them deeper into the house. While no one may be in the foyer, Kanna was wiling to bet whoever was home would be further in, perhaps in a bedroom or other private area.

Kanna took a moment to think. The place seemed a bit too big for them to search each room together. But, they weren't against the clock and they needed to be thorough. Up until now, Kanna hadn't thought of what to do should they find the people they're searching for. A part of her wanted to confront them on the spot.

Without a word, Kanna gestured for Isaiah to follow, taking them up the stairs and down one of the hallways. She leaned close to his ear and whispered.

"We'll search upstairs first. If we find the targets, we'll evaluate before confronting. Any other useful info we find, take a picture."

Acacia Fox
SCENE:
Tigers Arc 2: Scene 3 [Happily Ever After]
PARTICIPANTS:
Elias, Acacia, NPCs
Happily Ever After
"You sure I should keep letting these guys drive in?" The security guard looked at his radio nervously as he kept the gate open for a third van. Tinted windows again. Earlier, he was ordered to keep new visitors out of the parking lot, too...

"Don't worry about it," the chief radioed back. The guard shrunk back into his chair, still unable to rid himself of the gut feeling. Regardless, he maintained the order. "They'll be gone before you know it." Radio in hand, Genevieve watched from a distance. It still flattered her how easily people obeyed only because of a voice. Her voice.

"So what are these vans?"

"A sign that it's almost time for us to go."
Acacia eyed the vehicle entering the parking lot. The third van... "Keep handling the guards' concerns. I'll be handling the welcome."

"You got it."

The Fox sister departed, following the van along the walls. The success and prompt update to the plan was all so sudden—then again, the presence of the hunting Tigers occurred just as fast. As the vehicle found its parking spot, Acacia stood a fair distance behind. One person hopped out, donning a rabbit mask. "You're the one Ophelia sent?" Acacia called out.

Following a tobacco's stench, the small and lithe girl looked the older woman head to toe. She tore the mask off her head, revealing strands of red lining her hair. Her gaze stopped up at Acacia—trying not to let the height differences affect much. "And you're the other half to the hatter-man. You're prettier than I thought you would be. You know, for a 40-year-old." She snickered to Acacia's prompt scoff.
unknown.png

"Age-related remarks aside, I go by Dormouse." The girl leaned against the back of the SUV, keeping the cigarette between two fingers. "Your brother's causing quite a stir down there. I've never seen Ophelia so wound up before..."

The businesswoman sighed, though with the hint of a grin. "Then I see nothing's changed—he's always been the one to drive her mad." It was a miracle enough that they got back to the siblings; more so the help they're providing despite the risky circumstances. It still felt surreal that those two brats made something like this for themselves... "I imagine her new crew isn't too pleased with this impromptu mission?" Acacia beckoned for the girl to follow her lead.

Dormouse shrugged, obediently walking behind as she spoke on. "I don't know about that. Until now, none of us knew a single thing about Zac or Ophelia, then you two—childhood friends of theirs, apparently—come out of the woodwork and everything gets turned upside-down. Besides, the other day I was just talking to my pal, Knave, about how all the exciting things seemed to be happening in the surrounding districts. Your brother literally dropped in just I thought things were getting monotonous around here."

Acacia listened in silent intrigue. Janay told her very little about what he found out about their old friends, likely opting to come to them without wasting another second. Hearing the young girl chatter about people she knew decades ago... just what happened after the siblings left for the Tigers? Reaching an empty spot in the parking lot, Acacia raised a finger up. "This is the center of the mall. Right above us ceiling is the dropoff zone you asked for." From the spot in the ceiling, a small red X was drawn in.

Dormouse nodded, fitting the cigarette back into her lips and flipping on her phone, where'd she remain idle for now.

Acacia's phone rang then, and a shared glance between the two let each other know their conversation was done. "I'll be back."

Heading away from the SUVs, Acacia glanced at the caller’s ID, promptly putting the phone to her ear. "Dolly. Tell me you’re done with the 'toys.'" This was the good news she'd been waiting on—only for a completely different surprise to take over.

"Dolly is done—at least with the Alice doll. It's a pleasure to finally speak with you again, Ms Fox. Getting in contact with you has been quite difficult since you disappeared."

Acacia bit her tongue, a sinking feeling trampling inside as she seethed. After a momentary silence, she began calmly. "Mr. Yumin… Truthfully, I didn’t think we’d be talking again so soon. And by the sound of it, you’ve been around. Now I don't suppose you’re calling for another business deal between our brands?"

"No, I'm afraid not. This is a deal that will be closed by Elijah Anamnesis…should we come to an accord, of course. Do you and your brother really think you could take Alice and escape the claws of the Albino Tiger so easily? They will hunt you down, you know. If not me, then someone else. I hear the new Jack is very good at finding people who still owe their debts."

She sighed. "The Tigers are resourceful, I'll give them that. But having around two decades of experience in this gang, you're bound to carry some confidence in your actions. You haven't seen how far someone's determination and will can take them. Janay's always been a tenacious brat; if he genuinely believes in something, he will see it through to the end, no matter the Jack or HP standing in the way… Let me ask you something, Elijah, what do you stand to gain from locking Alice in that gilded cage of lies and manipulation?"

"Before I answer that, can I ask what drives you siblings to go so far for Alice? Janay, in particular?"

"Did you know, Elias, that 14 years ago when Alice's mother, Darcy, stumbled into the West, leaking blood and carrying her unconscious child, it was Janay who first saw and ran over to them? He was 18 at the time; I’d only brought him aboard recently. From what he told me, he took Alice into his arms, and Darcy’s legs gave way. Bleeding out on the cold floor, she looked Janay in the eye and told him to keep Alice safe; to make sure she grows into someone strong and beautiful and noble. Then she died. And for the next 14 years, that is exactly what Janay did, and we told ourselves that every lie we fed her was for her own good."
Behind the phone, Acacia grit her teeth. "But maybe, after what happened at the casino, he decided that a manipulative and destructive home with the Tigers was not the best way for Alice to grow. It seems like he and I are the only ones who think that way..."

"Oh, I doubt that,"
Acacia could hear a chuckle at the other end of the line. "Anyone that thinks a gang is the best place for a child to grow must be out of their minds…but few will act on it at risk to their own person, especially if it means bursting the bubble of one so innocent. Darcy Morel, mother to Alice though she may be, was a Tiger–one that made her own choices based on the hand that she'd been dealt with in life. Don't you think Alice ought to be afforded that same choice? She's 18, you know–at an age where she should be perfectly capable of deciding for herself what's best for her." There was a brief pause before Elias continued.

"Have you asked Alice whether she wants to abandon everything she's ever known, burn her Tiger bridges, endanger the people around her, endanger the two people closest to her, and live a life on the run? Live the life of an underworld fugitive? There's a reason most don’t choose that option…not that it can't be done, mind you. It's just not very safe. I've seen her memories; Lies aside, she's lived a more extravagant life than most amongst the Tigers…and I'd like to think you’re smart enough to be aware that it's safer to have the protection of the strongest gang in the West District than to make an enemy of it. That Janay—wonderful as his sense of responsibility may be—is being needlessly reckless, which will likely cost him…his charge…and you as well a hefty price. I don’t have your experience or years in the gang, Ms Fox, but even I know determination alone can only take you so far.

"Currently, with her potential, Alice is an asset to the gang. She has allies amongst the Tigers…ones she might not even be aware of…and her status in the gang is most certainly higher than mine. However, should she throw away her stripes, the 14 years she’d spent in the gang would go to waste. All the gang-related knowledge she takes with her would turn her into a liability which, under normal circumstances, must be disposed of. The same applies to you and your brother as well, Ms Fox."

There was the gnawing feeling again. An unearthing of the doubts and anxiety she'd felt and buried earlier in the week. Acacia knew full well the power of the Tigers; that this incident is effectively throwing away all her hard work from her teen years up to now… Hell, maybe even their lives. All for one sheltered girl who’s not even aware of all the complexities happening behind the curtain.

"...That said, I'm not heartless and it's not like I don't understand where you two are coming from. To answer your previous question, I don't gain anything from keeping Alice in the dark. It's just a side job. I'll earn brownie points and a nice lump sum from a certain section of gang leadership if I manage to bring her back from this little vacation, but I didn't join the Albino Tigers a year ago because I was in dire need of money or status. Nor do I have much at stake when it comes to Alice's position in the gang; The lies and manipulation had started long before I joined.

"Whether Alice returns home to a gilded cage or a gang family is up to her. Whether she lets herself remain a victim of her circumstances or learns to turn her cage into her playground will determine whether she has the makings of an Albino Tiger…if she isn’t one already. Aren’t you curious what choice she would make if all the facts were laid out before her?"

Ah, yes. It was coming back to her now. Acacia had been tossing her decisions around in her mind since Janay ignored her refusal to help, and instead begged and pleaded until she caved. She agreed for a reason. "What choice, indeed… Alice will have her choice, and when she does, it'll be the first time she chooses something for herself. But first, one would have to know their choices before anything—the world around them, the erratic society—all of which was sheltered from her. A girl needs to know what her home is like before she can thrive in it. The longer she lives a false life, the more it'll only hurt her in the end." Acacia knew what it was like to live without a chance of a proper choice, knowing there was so much more out there to behold, yet unable to get there—and she hated it. It was only thanks to those two that she and Janay learned life outside the orphanage. "I am aware of the high chance of inevitable failure. I am aware of the cost. I am aware of the danger that shadows even over Alice… But I won’t abandon my brother knowing there’s a chance. He would never give up, anyway. Not even if the Board descended from its heavenly plane to demand he turn around."

Acacia calmed herself. She could take back the situation; she had to. "That leads me to the next point. I have a deal in mind that would work for the both of us and let things simmer down without further incident. Will you hear me out, Anamnesis?"

"Certainly,"
Elias' voice on the other end sounded intrigued. "I also desire a quick and peaceful end to this chase…though whether or not we come to an agreement would depend on what you have in mind…"

"Not through the phone… I'm sure we can have a much more amicable discussion face to face, just as we’ve had the times prior."
Acacia glanced at the marked spot on the ceiling. "If you go towards the center of the mall, you’ll find an empty kiosk you can walk into. If you're coming, I want you alone."

The call beeped to signal its end, and Acacia was alone, save for the SUVs and the girl lost in her phone around. She wouldn't be surprised if all her hair turned gray by tomorrow.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back