• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy New Oasis: Four Heavenly Kings — The B-Sides

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Yuto Nishimura
SCENE:
Sir, This is a Hospital
TIME:
Tuesday, September 28th, 2021 || Post Arc 2
PARTICIPANTS:
Peyton, Yuto
Sir, This is a Hospital
Yuto lifted an eyebrow, a smile creeping onto his face. He giggled, amused at the guts for Taffy of all people to be sitting so close to him.The three eyed boy sat up and brought the cuffs In front of him once more, tilting his head. "Payback?" the one word came out far more scratchy than intended, the many days of disuse and refusal of water taking its toll. Yuto pouted, though it was quickly replaced by a toothy smile. "But that wouldn't be fair would it?~ After all.." He lifted his wrists up, the short chain connecting the two cuffs dangling helplessly. "You'd be cheating!" It wasn't until now that Yuto realized he missed human interaction. He never usually went by this long without it! He'll really have to thank his nurses properly for this...

Yuto squinted, a sharp glint shining off of his teeth as he leaned closer. "Though I'm pretty sure you and I both know a measly handcuff wouldn't be enough to stop me~..." He returned to his previous sitting position, waving the playful threat off. "So.. is coming here to gloat all you came here to do? because if so..." Yuto made an overdramatic disappointed sigh, slouching back against the bed, examining his nails in mock interest. "You've wasted my time.."

He looked up once more, a playful glint in his eyes. "Taffy~"

BLITZ (Boltius Beckman)
SCENE:
Fraudulent Meeting
TIME:
Post-Arc 1/Pre-Arc 2—2021, September 21st—After 4:00 PM
PARTICIPANTS:
Boltius, Sang-Cheol Misuteeku Misuteeku
FRAUDULENT MEETING
Just before the game started, the world around Boltius seemed to vanish, forgotten. All that was left in the black nothingness surrounding him?… the Dance Dance Revolution studio.

Everything slowed.

Take it easy, Bolt, it’s just a game. No need to get serious. Fingers twitched at his sides.

The game started.

And with that, Boltius got serious.

He sprung into coordinated dance with some added flair, never missing a beat. He was fluid and lithe, aggressive yet gentle. Somehow, he managed to dance as though the arrows on the screen weren’t marionetting his movement and guiding his decisions. There was no hesitation, no failure, and even if he did miss, it was because he chose to for the sake of a cool out-of-the-way dance move, such as the one-armed handstand he performed just before Sang-Cheol bit the fucking dust and shocked him out of his spell.

Boltius dropped to his feet and hopped backwards off the side of the platform, staring wide-eyed at Sang-Cheol as the guy crushed the machine’s safety bar and bellowed obscenities. Then when it seemed he was readying a full-blown assault, Boltius finally stepped in with a hand on Sang-Cheol’s shoulder.

“Yo,” Boltius gripped him hard, and a shadow of seriousness was cast over his countenance. He gave Sang-Cheol a shove with only the intention to reset his awareness—not looking for a fight, but he wouldn’t turn one down if it came to it. “Dawg. Think you might wanna calm down?... Come on, alright? It ain't nothing but a thang, so cool it. Don't let it fuck your day up.”

This guy an HP?
BOLTIUS NOTES​
— —What he's wearing (X) + His usual bling/jewelry

— —Tattoo Reference (X)

— —Physique Reference, since his face-claim art doesn't accurately depict it (X) (X)

— —SCENE DESCRIPTION: Several days ago, before the events of Arc-1 on September 17th, Boltius was approached by a stranger seeking his friendship. This stranger wrote up a contract agreement, which Boltius signed promising he would meet the stranger for a fun day on the town, that day being today.

They've just finished playing a zombie-shooter game and are now making their way toward Dance-Dance Revolution.

Sang-Cheol Man
SCENE:
FRADULENT MEETING
TIME:
Post Arc-1 | September 21th 2021
PARTICIPANTS:
Sang-Cheol, Boltius
FRADULENT MEETING

Sang-Cheol's head became a blur as he whipped his head around. All that he could think of was punching whoever the fuck laid a hand on him. Tightening his fist, Sang-Cheol was going to respond to Boltius's placation with a-

A sudden jolt ran down Sang-Cheol's spine as he was about to attempt to deck Boltius between his eyes.

"I..." Sang-Cheol said as he recovered from the sudden shock. Slowly, the situation began to register into his head and he lowered his fist. "Shit." He fucked everything up. In the corner of his eye, he could see a bunch of employees coming down to see what was happening. "We should go, I'll probably pay for the damages later." The later statement was a little doubtful, but they really did need to get out before they got into massive trouble.

A dejected look formed on Sang-Cheol's face as he moved to get out of the arcade. Everything was going great until he messed things up again. That didn't surprise him. Causing trouble was all he could do. It was a fact that he had gotten use in his life. He was glad that Timothy installed a shock device whenever his adrenalin overtook him. But now, he was at a loss.

"Sorry about earlier." Sang-Cheol began. "I... I have a bad temper problem as you could see and..." He stopped. Nothing came to mind as he tried to think what else to say. "That isn't an excuse, I shouldn't have gotten mad over a stupid game." With that, Sang-Cheol stayed silent. He looked at Boltius to see what was he going to do next. Was he going to stay or was he going to leave? If he was going to leave, then Sang-Cheol was perfectly fine with that. After all they only had to gotten know each other for a few hour and he had a perfectly got reason seeing what had happened.

Plus Sang-Cheol was used to getting left behind, so he wouldn't be hurt by it.

BLITZ (Boltius Beckman)
SCENE:
Nightlife Tryst
TIME:
Post-Arc 1/Pre-Arc 2—2021, September 19th—9:00 PM
South District's Nightlife District, East-side...
PARTICIPANTS:
Boltius, Dyne @Damafaud
NIGHTLIFE TRYST
What if she lied?

Boltius pondered the question, but didn’t know what it meant. Lied about what? He wondered as his eyes, blazing orange and swirling with reflections of the club’s lights, settled on her lips against her glass.

One of his eyebrows cocked with intrigue.

“No bank, no bastard, all so I can get closer... This close.”

Next thing that happened, before he knew it, Boltius was mere inches from those hypnotic lips with a start, which were coated in a glistening, sticky-sweet that tempted him so.

He met her eyes at once—and while he could not feel the coolness of her touch per his inability to feel temperature, the touch itself was tantalizing, and he allowed himself to enjoy it just long enough for a smirk to creep across his face, then pulled away while saying, “I think…”

“I think you know what I think.”

Boltius stood from his stool then, and he shook his head before holding up a finger. “One sec’. Don’t go anywhere.” And just like that, he was gone, vanished into the crowd of party-goers and carried away with the wave.

For a woman as transfixing as Dyne, Bolt was a sucker, and he knew it.

And because he knew it, he couldn’t allow himself to cave too obviously to her bewitching charm.
Boltius skipped up the steps to the DJ station and stopped beside the DJ with a bounce. “Yo, yo, Trill.” Bolt knew the man—and by the look on Trill’s face, he knew Bolt, too.

“Ay, wus good, homie! Wer’ you been, slice?”

“Shiiiet, you ain’t even gotta ask, bro. You already know.”

Trill smiled and bounced his head, “You right. You right. Ay, you still nevah tol’me ‘bout dat trip you an’ Acey got dragged out on. Wut wus it? Some traffickin’ shit? Yo, how’s Vulken? Ain’t seen him around. Tell’im t’ stop by, y’know? Why’s ‘e gotta leave a brotha hangin’?”

Boltius paused in a moment of thought, then it dawned on him and the realization lit up on his face. “Ooooh! Yeah, yeah! Fuck, that was crazy, but yer gonna have to wait ‘cause that’s a long story. But, yeah I’ll let Vulken know. He’s been mostly good. You know he got hospitalized for a- Shit, wait- wait- wait, I ain’t got time!”

“Ooooh, shit? You good, brotha?”

“Yeah, yeah! I need a favor.”

Trill pinched his lips all of the sudden in disappointment, “You tryna impress a lady again, orange slice?”

“Man, fuck you. Can you do it?”

Trill rolled his eyes. “Whatchu want?”

Boltius showed his teeth in a flashy smile.

A few minutes later, he could be seen emerging from the throng of drunken merrymakers just as he had gone, and he wasted no time returning to Dyne’s side. There, he took her hand with perhaps a bit of gentleness to be desired; he was aggressive by nature and often ignorant to his own tendency to be forceful or rough—but he meant her no harm.

“Do you dance?” he asked, keeping hold. It was at that moment, the speakers above squeaked and rattled with the scraping of records, and the entire club’s mood shifted with the changing song…

“If not, maybe I can show you a thing or two?... ... If you'll let me.”
BOLTIUS NOTES​
— —What he's wearing (X) + Black/Silver Earrings, Rings, and Chains rather than his usual golden. The pink shirt is tied around his waist by the sleeves, leaving him in a grey tank top.

— —Tattoo Reference (X)

— —Physique Reference, since his face-claim art doesn't accurately depict it (X) (X)

— —POST RECAP: Things are heating up between Boltius and Dyne. Boltius has asked for a dance...

Passeri Park
SCENE:
Building Bridges
TIME:
December 12th, 2021 || Pre Arc 3
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri, Dante, Charlie, Milo, Yong-Yut, Jozef, Gideon, Corvo
Building Bridges
The sun was pouring down, bright and strong!

A small crowd milled about the bridge, rife with chatter and vim. They were a rare mix. A tasteful smattering of both the South and West's finest citizens, joining their hands together for a rare common cause!

Well, that might've been an overstatement.

Still, Passeri's smile was wide, for once since she'd come back to this city, reasonably genuine. The day has been a riveting success so far, if she said so herself. A much better state of affairs than the other event that she'd hosted recently, but she supposed that came with the territory of having more than a single week to plan it. Passeri's eyebrow twitched, and then she took a deep breath. Now wasn't the time to go dwelling on that can of worms.

"Lunch is ready!" She yelled into a megaphone, a bright echo of her voice spilling out across the half-ruined, or as she preferred to think of it, the half-repaired bridge between districts. The smell of sausages, fried onions, and hamburgers permeated the air, wafting up from one of the food stalls that had been rented for the occasion. A few of them lined the street, assembled of vendors from both sides of the river. Sweet treats, healthy snacks, and artery-clogging street food were the name of the game, all of it cooked with as much love as money could buy. She was looking forward to Flo's ceremonial cookie review, whenever she popped her head out of wherever it was that she'd vanished to.

Passeri laid the megaphone across one of the folding tables that they'd decorated the street with for the day, and took a juice box from one of the stalls, exchanging a grateful smile with the operator. She took a long, grateful sip, and then let herself slip into one of the shaded seats that littered the area.

She might've been an HP, but boy, that sure didn't help with the sun. Winter was not supposed to be this hot.

Last edited:
SHEN YUE
SCENE:
The Koi Pond
TIME:
PARTICIPANTS:
Hou, Shen
THE KOI POND
Shen did not react to the other's alarm, though he did acknowledge the other man's deft recovery, nodding in slight approval even as his gaze remained glued to the koi dancing rhythmically beneath the surface of the water below.

“You're loud!” Shen said without malice, turning to look at the boisterous redhead for the second time before returning his gaze to the waters, his eyes softening at the man's mention of his own mother. Visions of them, her and him, here on this bridge appeared in Shen's mind... Only to be chased away by the man's question that followed. Shen looked quizzically over at him, pausing for a beat before replying,

“... Sure!”

RAPHAEL SHAW
SCENE:
Why Not?
TIME:
Post Arc-1 | September 25th 2021
PARTICIPANTS:
Raphael, Sang-Cheol
WHY NOT
Raph's jovial expression burned away from his face and left a scowl in its wake. Sang-Cheol was probably thinking something stupid. He had that look about him. Raph's scowl deepened and darkened.

“It's called small-talk, darling. It's a thing. That, you know, people do." Raph said, air-quoting on small-talk and people. The insinuation was there that either Sang-Cheol had never heard of small-talk, or he was not, per se, people. Or both. In any event, Raph followed behind Sang-Cheol without protest. Well. Without much.

Raph leered at that doughy-faced associate of Sang's as she came down the hall, satisfied with himself when she turned tail and fled. Coward. ~

“Ooh, immediately hm? What's first? Cavity search? You perv." Raph teased as he followed Sang-Cheol into the examination room. Room Number 3. He'd been in here before. More times than he'd like to recall.

And here we go again.

MINATO MAEDA
SCENE:
"Two" is Company
TIME:
Pre-Arc 1, July 20th 2021
PARTICIPANTS:
Camila, Minato
"TWO" IS COMPANY
”Aye, aye, cap'n. 'M wide awake, now.”

Minato made a mock-salute in Camie's direction—Camie? Had he ever called her Camie before? Was kinda cute—and let his gaze linger a while, craning his neck to enjoy the view of her as she sashayed away to the liquor cabinet.

Minato wasn't much of a chooser when it came to alcohol. He could get down with brown baggin' it on the side of the road, or throwing down cocktails at a fancy schmancy gala that the Tigers were all so wont to do. He was versatile like that.

But Camie was different. As far as Mina could tell, the little minx fancied herself a well-to-do kinda gal. A real prim, proper lady... At least with the lights on.

He take his cocktail from her grip with a little bow of his head. ”Oooh, swanky as hell, Camie.” Minato said his new nickname out loud without giving it a thought. He took a sip and sighed. ”Ah, delicioso.”

This time when she walked away he didn't bother to look. He'd already seen it from that point-of-view this evening. But the night was young! He was sure he'd capture others before it was through. At the mention of table-setting, Mina smiled and winked. ”Way ahead a' ya,” he snapped his fingers and pointed to the table he was busy at work making. Him and another him.

When the two other hims were finished, they and the Minato on the chaise shared an unspoken understanding as they filed out of the apartment, off to make mischiefs of their own.

RAPHAEL SHAW
SCENE:
Carmine Consort
TIME:
Pre-Arc 1 || 2017
Outside of Chaturunga Taphouse, North District
PARTICIPANTS:
Raphael, Peyton
CARMINE CONSORT
Blood... Blood. How was there so much blood? A shiver racked his body. His mind raced. His palms were slick with sweat... No. He turned his gaze upon them, hands trembling. They were coated in gore. His lips parted as if to speak.

“I..."

But no words came. He... What? What was he going to say? That he was sorry? That he didn't want to hurt anyone? Lies. He'd killed these men. And he'd enjoyed it. There was no denying that fact. So why? Why was he reacting this way? Because he was weak? Because he was a coward? A worthless, nameless wretch snatched from the gutter by fortune or fate. He didn't deserve this power. He didn't deserve anything.

The sound of a voice and the feeling a warm, living body bumping against his was enough to shock Raph out of his spiraling despair. “Huh?" He blinked. Peyton entered into his field of vision, and though Raph could see the boy's mouth moving, the words continued eluding him. Until the last bit.

He felt his senior take one of his hands and suddenly the world started turning again. “I'm fine. You won't be if you touch me again. ~"

The corner of Raph's mouth curled a smirk. “Unless that's what you're after? Hm? You want me to?" Tear you apart. Raph could do it. He knew he could. He could do anything. He was a sublime, perfect creature. A reaping angel created to take life. He was good at it. Very good. The testament to his skill painted the ground, and the walls. Everything, really. “You'd probably get off on it. Be honest."[/b]

Raph stepped back and circled Peyton like a predator would its next meal, eyes alight with hungry fire. He felt the heart beating madly in his chest, like a war drum it drove him onward. Faster. Faster.

Oh, yes. He was born to kill. And what's more... He enjoyed it.

Sang-Cheol Man
SCENE:
Why?
TIME:
Post Arc-1 | September 25th 2021
PARTICIPANTS:
Sang-Cheol, Raphael
WHY

"You're getting a check up, Raphael. There's nothing perverse in that." Sang-Cheol could feel his back gather sweat as time went on. "I'd also like to request that you don't do anything funny. The last time you did, the lab burned down." He tried to make his voice sound as flat as he could, but it was getting difficult by the second. Gesturing for Raphael to take the seat on the chair, Sang-Cheol went through the drawers and rummaged through the contents. He wasn't a doctor per say, but he had enough experience to make up for it. Though whether he had actual experience or not could never prepare him for any appointment with Raphael.

"Do you have any problems as of late, Raphael?" By god, Sang-Cheol doubted that Raphael had any problems. "Problems such as shortness of breath, diziness, or anything?" Grabbing the stethoscope and sphygmomanometer, he walked over towards Raphael. Wrapping the sphygmomanometer around Raphael's arm, he began to pump it. "If you have any problems, you should take them to Snake. I'm going to assume that Snake is busy right now, so I'll do it in his stead." Yeah, busy for the seven other fucking times that Raphael came over to torment him.

Blood pressure seemed good. After checking his pulse rate over with the stethoscope , it jotted it down on a clipboard and removed the sphygomamometer. "Okay, please lift your shirt up so I can check your diaphragm." This was usual procedure. Check every crook and nannie of Raphael's body to ensure that he was perfectly healthy. It was simple. Simple. Yes, simple. Even if it took a long time, even if it was going to drive him insane in time, he could do it.

Looking at Raphael, Sang-Cheol took a very noticeable deep breath and leaned forward once Raphael had lifted up his shirt. Pressing the stethoscope down onto the upper part of chest, he began to check for any irregularities.

This wasn't even the end to Sang-Cheol's nightmares.

Last edited:
DAMIAN
SCENE:
I Won't Become a Monster!!
North District, an icecream shop a few blocks from Tri's lab
TIME:
Pre-Arc 1 || February 19th, 2015
PARTICIPANTS:
Damian, Peyton
I WON'T BECOME A MONSTER!!
"No, not that one. Not that one either. Oh, this one's nice! But that's not it..." Each time Damian dug his hands into his coat pockets, he withdrew another cell phone, only to toss it to the side upon realizing that it wasn't the one he was looking for. A massive pile of devices formed at his feet, and it was only growing larger as he struggled to find the one that had received a message. It was an unfortunate consequence of his hoarding.

With there being such a great variety of phones in the world, he could never limit himself to just one, always compelled to pick up another when introduced to a new brand or style. Luckily, he never had to pay the costs to maintain such a sizable collection. For some reason, people were always more than willing to part with their property whenever he requested an examination. The phones never stayed active for very long after coming into his possession, but it was always enough time for him to fully inspect each new addition.

"There you are." The thirtieth time really was the charm. Finally finding the right phone, he quickly checked to see who chose to ring him up. Kinsley, perhaps? Maybe the King himself was requesting his presence.

Surprisingly, all of his guesses proved to be incorrect. Unexpectedly, Peyton had been the one to contact him. He remembered the young man quite well, being rather curious about his time spent undergoing experimental procedures. Unfortunately, he hadn't gotten the chance to learn much, but maybe this was his chance.

"A job, huh?" A satisfied smirk stretched across his face as he reread the message's contents. Yes, that would do nicely.

He enjoyed his time in the snow, listening to the soft crunch beneath his boots and watching his now visible breath. Sadly, his time in the winter wonderland would be cut short. The cold air was quickly driven away as he stepped into the ice cream shop, replaced by a welcome warmth.

It was an interesting place to meet. People sought shelter from the bone-chilling weather, yet they still chose to indulge in frozen treats. The thought never crossed his mind before, but he was curious about the potential of a new experience. Although, that would have to wait for now.

Ignoring the looks coming from the surrounding customers, the giant dressed in jet black scanned the area for a familiar fellow. When he finally spotted Peyton, Damian was quick to move in, sliding into the nearby booth so he could sit opposite of the much shorter man. Despite never replying to the offer, he approached with a high degree of familiarity, as if they'd planned to meet all along.

Wearing his usual smile, he opened his eyes to reveal two inky irises that refused to reflect any light. "So, what's this job you mentioned?" Wasting no time, he cut straight to the chase, showing no regard for anyone that may have been listening in.

Coyote Hart Coyote Hart

Last edited:

(Jasper) Dante | West | The Princess Penthouse

Alice's reaction confirmed it.

Charlie had left some kind of impact.

Given his personal record he knew he really had no real right to go talking to her about a relationship with someone from another gang. Elias could have completely cut out that part about Charlie, he assumed- given the guy's power clearly allowed him to play memories like a video recording, there was no reason to doubt he could do editing and snipping also. Why he had shown him that part, he didn't care to think about in detail- knowing that Charlie had an impact on Alice was enough.

That was the problem though. If anyone else knew, it would be a problem for her. Step out of line, and the knowledge there was someone or other people she cared about more could be used against her. Right now, he had leverage here-- but it wasn't anything he would use. If anything, it was good he knew the stakes she'd be facing.

That was the problem being a valuable asset to a gang like the Tigers.

He wasn't a valued asset. If anything he was a replaceable grunt. Alice, didn't have that luxury. It was doubtful she ever would- not unless she broke out of that mold she had crafted in her blindness. How to go about that without gaining attention though or too much of it? That was the problem. It was next to impossible. Markus wasn't the only one watching. There were other sharks in these Tigers looking for opportunities to get ahead.

How could he help the Casino Princess escape her gilded cage to experience life outside the golden platter it had been served to her for most of her life?

He honestly didn't know. He needed to think about it, but...was it worth the risk giving her that kind of opportunity?

There was that soul-crushing doubt in the back of his mind. The doubt that would never leave him. Was it worth the risk? In the end, what if Alice ended up switching to another gang- what would happen then if she became his enemy later on.

He'd seen a glimpse of what others had seen. Her Potential developing a world in ways it hadn't been able to before. Her powers were growing. Maybe because she had finally escaped the mental vestige the Tigers had put her in for most of her life. Who knew what ways her powers would grow. Who knew what that could mean for her current mental state.

Then she said something he hadn't been expecting: "...Do you think it's possible to fix the Tigers?"

He stared at her, his expression full of surprise. It lasted a few seconds, then it was gone as he narrowed his eyes at her.

He remembered something he had once thought. About helping Alice escape Oasis to go and lead some kind of normal life outside of it. All he had to do was make a call, and the preparations for her could be arranged-- the problem would be getting her out. Getting her out would mean he would have to leave the Tigers- go to another gang, and start all over.

After the question she had just asked, the Tiger shook his head internally.

Even if she left, she'd probably have come back. A normal life was never in the cards.

"Before I answer that, Ezra!" he called, "stop hiding and come here please."

Only after he showed up did Dante exhale slowly, a weight leaving his shoulders- before he looked up at Alice with those bronze reptilian eyes. He plopped down into a couch, and then immediately returned to the subject at hand.

"I don't think there's a way to fix the Tigers. I know there isn't." He told her with both a firmness but gentleness that was hard to miss. "There's no way to fix any of the gangs." I should know. It's what my family tried to do for years before grandpa got killed. Whole reason that bounty got put on us in the first place. "The fact the first thing you thought about was the possibility of 'fixing' this gang though, tells me my hunch about you was right" and at this, he offered her a small smile. One that was short-lived. "Though if you're looking for some positive reinforcement to all of this" he rolled his hand around, "I'd suggest you forget it now if that's the path you want to take. You can't 'fix'" he quoted with his fingers, "any of this. It was attempted years ago." And not just by the royals of Kodaria. There had been many attempts, but that's all they had ever been- attempts. All of which had failed.

"Let me explain why I think so. The Tigers are a gang of opportunists. Keep that in mind. Everything we do is about gaining power, money, and influence. Out of the four leading gangs, we're the wealthiest because we have the most influence in most things business related. That means, it's not just the Tigers, it's our connections and the influence we have over those connections."

He opened his palm, green light emanating from it, orbs floated into the air, tiny ones, that began to link to each other- with a crown in the center being the one to connect to them all.

"That's a wide network. And there's plenty of ways to go about making changes in a gang like this." he said as he swept away the map of connections that orbited the tiger jeweled crown.

"Like war." His voice was cold, it echoed slightly, as he said this, his eyes, his body, glowed with rolling energy- all fading in the same instant.

All of these were facts, and these facts were like punches to any hope of reformation.

"Which, frankly, I have no interest in seeing happen if it can be avoided." he went on, tone much more lighter, all very conversational. "Ezra, you're free to add in your own input if you want- or if you'd rather stay out of this, that's fine also. I knew a topic like this might come up, I trust you enough to believe you wouldn't mind listening in." Turning his attention back to Alice, the orc-man continued. "If I'm being honest with you both, I personally think it would be a waste of time trying to reform any of the gangs. The system within this city is wrapped around them. Major companies are influenced by the Tigers. The Dragons literally own an entire security system, the Tigers work with Ezra's family, Serpents literally have control of everything in North, and the Phoenixes might as well be scattered across the South when you consider their kind of trade. And look at the influence in each District. There's no way to change that after all this time easily. What I want to do, is manipulate the system for my own personal gain, and that's exactly why I'm pleased to hear you brought up the idea." his eyes on the Princess once more.

"If you want to fix things, you need to understand the system, and then manipulate it to your advantage. You have the advantage there. You meet with people of all kinds that the Tigers do business with on a daily basis. Understand their connections, and you'll understand where to start. The problem isn't just the Tigers though, its all of the four."

For a brief moment, he considered telling her how he saw how she fit into things. How she was a key figure in manipulating things to the Tiger's advantage- but then he thought against it. If she jumped the gun, she'd be putting herself in danger. If she wanted to also, she could just as easily, sabotage his goals and turn everything into her favor.

Especially if the idea of revenge might be lingering in her mind.

"Which brings me, to Charlie." He switched topics, was already up and moving towards her.

"Charlie may be your friend" he informed her, "he may like you", he stated, "that doesn't mean the others in his group will either. They won't hesitate to kill me if it comes down to it, and I'm sure they won't hesitate to harm you either. You need to remember that Alice. Or else you'll be deceiving yourself on your own this time. Charlie may like you, but there's no guarantee anyone in his gang will listen to what he has to say if confronted by a group of Tigers. Imagine if his group attacked the Tigers with the intent to steal something and they came across you and realized how much you meant to this gang. Do you really think they wouldn't kidnap you? Because I'm certain Charlie wouldn't hesitate to do it if you gave him a good enough reason"

"I'm positive other Phoenixes wouldn't hesitate to hurt you either. Because not everyone in a gang, is as sensible or stable" he tapped his forehead, "up here, like Ezra and I are. Remember that. No one outside of this city comes looking for these gangs to join them unless they've reached a point in their life where they are craving something unique. And those are the type of people you need to be careful around...me included."

"And that's why I'm going to make you an offer: I want to teach you how to fight." his hand moved strands of her hair behind her ear to get a better look at the eyepatch and the scar underneath it. The black sharpened nails that stuck out of his fingers didn't even trace her skin but the rough scales that acted like armor did lightly touch her as he pulled his hand back. "So that you'll be able to protect yourself if anyone ever tries to hurt you or anyone you care about again. Ezra here, is aware of it. I offered him the same thing. No payments required. It's free. Teaching you" he emphasized at Alice with his eyes, "how to protect fight is all the payment I need, knowing that I'll be helping you defend yourself against anyone that could harm you."

"If you want training that is. If not, fine. If you change your mind and want me to teach you the offer stays. For the record though, I won't go easy on you. I expect results, and I'll make sure both of you give me them."

Mentions: Lucem Lucem

Interactions: AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa

Meirin Azuza
SCENE:
Just Another Training Day
TIME:
January 8th, 2022 - 7:00AM || Pre-Arc 3
PARTICIPANTS:
Meirin, Laura, Peyton, Any Dragon that feels like joining really...

FrontGatetoShaolinTemple-1-1400x700.jpg

The sun had only just peeked over the horizon at 7 am in the morning, so the skies above Wuyang Temple weren’t as blue as they could be, but the orange and pinkish were still lovely in Meirin’s eyes. She loved watching the sun rise in the East District. But of course, Meirin had always been a morning bird, someone who slept easily and derived most of her energy at the beginning of the day. Why waste hours indoors when there was so much to do? So much to see and people to meet? Granted, meeting people usually just came out in one of two ways for Meirin–she either liked them or she didn’t; They were good people or they were bad people. There were gray areas of course, and Meirin knew better than most that people weren’t just one or two colors, but she disliked complicating things. When it came to people she trusted or wanted to befriend, she simply trusted her gut, wrong or right.

Meirin wasn’t afraid of making mistakes. If the people she trusted lied or betrayed her, Meirin learned from it and moved on. It wouldn’t be the first time and wouldn’t be the last. She couldn’t control the actions of others (without brute force), but she could control her own, whether it be her temper or her potential.

Exhaling, the young woman known in the Pleasure District as the Warden of Eternal Night Palace finished her morning stretches, before glancing at the ‘friends’ she’d invited to train with her for today–possibly many days afterwards depending on how things went. Gangsters were rough-looking people that, for the most part, only knew how to fight. Not even that well, considering the broken nose, bruises, etc, they sported just from a few recent skirmishes. Yet, like her, they’d been invited into the Azure Dragon Gang for a reason. She even recognized a few of the faces among the few that answered her invitation–namely Laura and Peyton. Given the increasing violence between gangs these days, it would've been nice if the people that needed the exercise–like Jesper–showed up, but she wasn’t surprised he didn’t either.

Increased hostilities with the Scarlet Phoenixes from the South District.

Increased hostilities with the Sable Serpents from the North District.

If they weren’t careful, they’d end up like the decapitated Dragons in Heavenly Beast Plaza on Sept 26, 2021…or Revie who was still in a coma. Fist clenched, Meirin closed her eyes, letting her breathing even, before opening them again, red orbs sweeping across the motley crew that joined her at Wuyang Temple. A grin spread on her face as Meirin stepped onto her tippy toes–to make herself more visible –and waved. “G’Morning everyone! Thanks for coming today!”

Dropping her heels so her bare feet were once more flat against the ground, Meirin continued cheerily. “We’ll start off with something basic–20 laps around the district.” Not her usual city runs or mountain trails, but when training with a group, all parties had to be considered. “Then, once we return to Wuyang Temple I’ll go over basic self defense techniques, or maybe Shaolin stances, for any that wish to learn. You can spar with anyone here you like. You can even practice targeting or honing your potential. The temple has some training dummies and equipment you can use…but if break anything that isn’t meant to be broken, or hurt any of the monks nice enough to lend us this space, I’ll break your spine~”

Despite her cheery tone, Meirin was dead serious. Turning around, Meirin started her typical (slightly adjusted) morning run, not caring who followed her or not. Those who were serious about getting stronger would get stronger. Those who weren’t, didn’t. That was just the way the world worked. Meirin couldn’t just give them Shaolin martial arts, which took years of work and discipline to master. She was only doing what she could to ensure her fellow gang members didn’t end up corpses due to vengeful Phoenixes or chaos-loving Serpents…especially after the attack from the Cobalt Wolves–or perhaps House Vinter–revealed some of their identities. Meirin sighed.

More than ever, the Azure Dragons needed to remain united in the face of all these threats, yet she wasn’t blind to the growing dissonance in the gang regarding Shen’s recent actions either; Whispers that, despite his power, he may not be the best King for them after all. Meirin didn’t know. She didn’t like to think about such things. For now, she only knew that she needed to get stronger.

Running and training would clear her thoughts as it always did.

Coyote Hart Coyote Hart RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun

(mentioned: ...too many ppl to start listing)

Last edited:
Peyton Xiong
SCENE:
Sir, This is a Hospital
TIME:
Tuesday, September 28th, 2021 || Post Arc 2
PARTICIPANTS:
Peyton, Yuto
Sir, This is a Hospital
Peyton remained still as Yuto got up and close into his personal space. Somehow their interaction at the Platinum Rabbit made Peyton feel physically comfortable around Yuto. He only smiled, much less toothy in comparison to Yuto, when the spider boy said that he could break himself out of the cuffs. "Then why don't you do it? We could be on an even playing field then!"

It was funny though, how Yuto thought Peyton would care about playing fair. When Peyton was younger, his entire livelihood was built by cheating on slot machines. Peyton had no qualms about cheating during a fight. But Yuto was right in that he wouldn't get the payback now. After all, a scuffle was so much less fun when someone couldn't fight back.

"Here, I'll even help. This visit won't be wasting your precious time," Peyton said, hopping off of the bed and invading the medical supplies laying about to find something that could help. He only stopped when he heard the nickname that Yuto had given him, turning to face him with a content little smile, "The name's Peyton by the way. You can still call me Taffy though. I like it!"

After a bit of searching, Peyton suddenly froze, his back to Yuto. When he turned around, an ecstatic look was on his face, and in his hands was a pair of heavy duty metal cutting shears. Obviously, the nurse crew had a backup plan in case the hinge on Yuto's failed to open.

"Didn't you say last time that you would end me?" Peyton said, snip snapping the shears as he returned to sitting on Yuto's bed, "But if you don't want to end me now, we could cause a little trouble instead. Isn't it suffocating to be stuck in bed all day eating hospital goop?"

Peyton really longed for something a bit more exciting. Sure, sitting in bed for two days with a bunch of books really satisfied the reading itch that he had, but after a while, he ran out of books. He wanted something more exciting. A fight maybe. A spot of mischief perhaps. It didn't matter to him whether Yuto was his ally or his enemy. After all, sometimes Peyton felt that he still had a bit of serpent in him. And besides, this was the central district! It was far from the strict decorum that the East employed.

"Come on, entertain me a little, Yutes," Peyton pleaded. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a pack of guava melon gum, taking a stick for himself and offering one to Yuto.

Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed

Last edited:
BLITZ (Boltius Beckman)
SCENE:
Fraudulent Meeting
TIME:
Post-Arc 1/Pre-Arc 2—2021, September 21st—After 4:00 PM
PARTICIPANTS:
Boltius, Sang-Cheol Misuteeku Misuteeku
FRAUDULENT MEETING
Sang-Cheol wanted to leave, so Boltius wasn’t going to stop him, but he wasn’t going to leave him either. And so, he followed without much concern for the events that had just transpired. He was so used to causing a scene, himself, that, without even realizing it, he never dwelled when it was someone else’s turn.

“Sorry about earlier,” Sang-Cheol apologized.

Boltius just looked at him and kept walking.

“I... I have a bad temper problem as you could see and…” Sang-Cheol paused, seeming lost for words. Then, “That isn't an excuse, I shouldn't have gotten mad over a stupid game.”

“Psht,” eyes forward where they were headed, Bolt’s nose wrinkled with disapproval. Then after a moment, he spoke and said, “Tch. Maaan, you don’t needa fuckin’ excuse… It ain’t even the game you were mad at, bro-” A snicker left him. “You fuckin’- Dawg, you busted your ass haaaard back there.” This time a laugh—he covered his open mouth with a hand, head thrown back.

“Bro- Pffft! You- BWAHAHAAAA!” Spurred by a sudden rush of hilarity, Boltius high-kneed it at a quickened pace, leaving Sang-Cheol behind as he succumbed to laughter, taken hostage by the memory replaying itself over and over in his head. “HAHAAAAA-HAHAHAAAA!”

The fit lasted not long before he managed to rein in his amusement and settle down, restraining his laughter enough to apologize, which he did. And he faced Sang-Cheol with tears in his eyes. “I’m- I’m sorry, bro. I’m sorry. Pfffft- No, no. I’m sorry. That shit was just hilarious… Pfft. But for real- For real, though, don’t let it fuck your day up, like I said.”

Boltius was composed. “If it’s botherin’ ya that much- Shit, I’ll go an’ kick its ass like it looked like you were gonna do… Either that, or we could go take some shots in the back of my Denali parked that way.” He pointed toward a mass of vehicles beyond the bounds of the plaza and shot Sang-Cheol a waiting look, raising a brow. “Whatcha think?”
BOLTIUS NOTES​
— —What he's wearing (X) + His usual bling/jewelry

— —Tattoo Reference (X)

— —POST RECAP: Boltius tries to make Sang-Cheol feel better about busting his ass during Dance Dance Revolution.

Elias Yumin
SCENE:
Love at Yu Min Cuisine
TIME:
February 14th, 2022 | Pre Arc 3
PARTICIPANTS:
Elias, Zach (NPC until CS finishes), Sabrina, Meirin, Samira, Minato, Camila, Passeri, Alice, Gideon
Love at Yu Min Cuisine

a43b73becb4aa24b3bb1ee52cfee756da27d0e66a72e691a5ef357ff496fd494_thumb.jpeg
“Wowee, she’s pretty good!” Zach complimented as he cut into the steak on his plate. “Not exactly the sort of music you’d expect in a fancy restaurant like this, but it’s nice. Very unique!”

Elias nodded, studying the old friend who he hadn’t seen since his childhood years. Zachariah had changed much from what Elias remembered during their school days. He now sported pink hair…and a lot of piercings. To be frank, Elias had almost forgotten Zachariah existed until he and his mother went through the list of potential invitees to Yu Min Cuisine’s pre-opening, and his mother remembered the Locke family, whose eldest son Elias used to be ‘close’ to…until the Lockes lost their fortune, of course. Cordelia Yumin insisted on the invite.

“Miss Felton is a rough gem. She still won’t sign any long-term contracts with Yumin Entertainment, but I’ll whittle her down eventually. It’s just a matter of time.”

“Haha, I’m surprised you haven’t used your potential on her like you used to do to our teachers when we were kids!”
Zach chortled . “Good times, man!”

Elias smiled. “When did you realize?"

“Oh, I think I’ve always kinda known. I just forgot~,”
Lifting his sunglasses, which revealed shimmering, kaleidoscopic eyes, Zach winked at him before putting the shades back on. “But then, you’ve always known that about me, didn’t you?” It wasn’t a question. “Honestly, we haven’t spoken in so long I thought you might’ve forgotten me…yet here we are! Maaaaan, I haven’t eaten food this good in ages!”

Elias watched his old ‘friend’ savor the piece of meat he put in his mouth. The person in front was so strikingly different from the person in his memories that Elias was tempted to reach over and see for himself what experiences created thus, but that would be too rude, and Elias knew better than to try the same thing twice…especially toward someone who knew what he could do. Invasion of mental privacy wasn’t exactly against the law, but it could still be seen as unethical.

He knew an old Ex-girlfriend that would see things that way, at least.

Alice probably would as well.

“Thank my mother. She found an old photo of us.”

93e2bde9b13c3cd2e95ba030c385f955.jpg
“Bless be Cordelia!” Zach praised, lifting his wine glass at Elias’s youthful-looking mother, who seemed to be dealing with the press. “I don’t know how a nice lady like her gave birth to a son with such a mean streak.”

Elias rolled his eyes. “Mean? Have I not been courteous to you this entire time?”

“Pffft, courteous? Nah, man, you’re polite, but you ain’t nice. A courteous man wouldn’t make a girl cry, eh Tiger~?”

“I–,”
Elias narrowed his eyes, Zach’s words processing in his mind. “Have you been spying on me?”

“Nah, Nah,”
Zach raised his hands in front of himself defensively. “It was just a coincidence, Eli. I was at the Central Mall the day it was attacked so I happened to see its defenders. Nice job by the way…except for the making the girl cry part. Not cool, Bro. Not cool.”

Elias sighed. For some reason, the way Zachariah spoke reminded him a bit of one of the Minatos...except much more obnoxious. Violet eyes traveled to the stage where Valerie’s student, the former front singer of the Northern Stones, now performed with the newly debuted band Lucifer. They were still rough. Her voice was still husky from substance abuse, but there was a certain allure in the way that Sabrina Felton sang that drew eyes to her. In addition to gauging customer reactions to Yu Min Cuisine’s food in the restaurant's pre-opening, he wanted to gauge their reactions to the music as well. Two birds, with one stone.

Thus far, the results seemed to be positive.

The best chefs. A radiant, yet elegant-looking establishment with a well-furnished interior. A good location in the West District. The only thing he really took a risk on was the music, but, then again, it wasn’t as if Yu Min Cuisine was a serious business decision; His mother’s whim really. If she got bored with it–like her attempts at novel writing–she’d likely sell it and do something else. A privilege of the rich. Elias was only there to ensure the business profited–so that it could actually be sold for a good price–instead of being just a colossal waste of money.

Then again, if it did well, it could be a useful income stream for the family. Who knows? He’d find out once he got a look at the numbers.

Clapping politely with the rest of the diners when Sabrina’s song concluded, Elias groaned when Lucifer began the next song in their setlist. “I told them to stick to soft rock…”

Love songs in particular given the holiday.

“Haha! I like her already!” Zach laughed, clapping as the music at the upscale restaurant took a more upbeat turn.

Beann Beann Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Roda the Red Roda the Red The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa Coyote Hart Coyote Hart

Last edited:
Laura Weissman
SCENE:
Just Another Training Day [Pre-Arc 3]
PARTICIPANTS:
Meirin, Laura, Peyton, others?

January 8th, 2022 - 7:00AM​

It seemed, well no, it was only days ago she received the invitation, and while it was clear to herself at least that Meirin had a hand in this, she was still surprised that she got an invite with others to a training session. The four-armed girl with the alias of Tetra was still a bit overwhelmed by all of this. There was still so much to learn and while she wasn't one to shun the mornings, her job mostly kept her busy in the afternoons and nights. Well, her old job, such a life she had been moving away from, the gang offer had settled the matter permanently.

And so she found herself in front of a temple, using her upper left arm to stifle a yawn while her lower arms wrapped around herself, just under her chest and the upper right hand remains free to twirl with the hair around her burned spot and lifeless right eye, an eye she keeps closed for here and now. Next Mei would join them, though she wasn't sure just who the "we" was as she took to the left most of the grouping, she would see the rest of them once she turned her head or had cause to move, least she wasn't in front of who she considered her immediate boss. "Twenty laps huh?" She says to herself before processing it all "Wait the district?" Surely, she meant the local area around the temple and not the whole district, right? "Eh.."

Was she serious? Or did she mean a smaller localized area? Well, the only way to tell was to follow. She owned Mei at least that much, though she might dip out of the run. Listening to the martial arts offer, she wasn't so sure her four-armed self would be able to learn much from this, then there was the offer of sparing and using the equipment of the temple, and that if she broke it, she would be broken in turn. "Yeah, got it! Though I dunno if I'll be much good with this sparing stuff!" She says out loud as her former boss takes off running. Shaking her head and letting her upper arms swing a bit to the side as her lower arms braced beneath her chest, she takes off at a leisurely jogger pace rather than a full sprint run, knowing the later would just leave her dead tired and unable to remotely follow the pace of the sleeping giant.

Coyote Hart Coyote Hart e QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel @others?

Last edited:
Alicia Morel
SCENE:
Checking In
PARTICIPANTS:
Alice, Dante
Checking In
"Ezra?!" The sight of him threw Alice in for a loop. Dante's return was unexpected enough, but where did Ezra come from? And why was he here? Though she stared at him with unnerving suspicion, she eventually calmed down over the course of Dante's words, although she kept sneaking stares at him. He wasn't taken aback by Ezra appearing; if Dante wasn't worried, she felt no need to be worried as well—even if she wasn't too familiar with him.

Alice's hands went behind her back, and she twisted herself side-to-side, much like a child would. Dante had a way with words; Alice wasn't sure if she liked it or not. Everything he said, as upsetting as it was... had truth behind it, and there was no way she could refute. But even as he spoke as if her ask was impossible, he spun it as a good thing. Then immediately after that, he tried shattering the hope yet again. Yet at the same token, she learned more about the Tigers: their reliance on the kinds of connections (which she had contact with), their status among the other gangs... more affirmation of the "impossibility" of it all.

Like war... Surely that wasn't the only way things could go? She couldn't help but shake her head along with Dante's aversion to that path. But there was one thing she felt compelled to correct him on. "Dante," she spoke suddenly, offering a soft smile. "You shouldn't speak like that. Nothing is ever hopeless. Many people would not even be around if that were the case."

But going back from forth again, Dante proclaimed his pleasure for Alice having such a desire. "Manipulate the system..." what did that even mean? From what he told her, any change was impossible because the gangs were practically involved in everything... So if everything... Alice shook her head. Her mother would surely chastise her for thinking such thoughts!

Charlie's name came out again, and Dante ran his mouth off once more. There the feeling was again: irritatingly grating, valid points. Not everybody was a bad person, and Charlie was a shining example of that, she believed. Though with animosity between the gangs... perhaps an altercation of sorts was inevitable.

Fortunately, a solution was laid out before her and Ezra. Alice's face lit a faint red as Dante brought his hand gently to her scar, not daring to break eye contact. He had a simple offer which extended to Ezra as well. And at it, she hesitated. Alice had never so much as harmed a fly... which was the exact problem. She grimaced, drooping her head downward as the attack on the mall played out in her head. Her fruitless efforts to go against the intruders, only to suffer dearly without making so much as a scratch against them... The memories of Charlie battered in blood and bruised... because she was too powerless to do anything.

It boiled her blood.

"I'll take the training..." she said under her breath, only loud enough for Dante to hear faintly.

But his ask made her recall another event. She looked back at his eyes. "Also, Dante, back in the mall... something... happened." Her hands went back in front of her, twiddling with her own fingers. "Everything changed. As in, the world. I saw beautiful things; bizarre things; wondrous things. Like something out of a fairytale. I-I couldn't pay much attention to it, but..." She took a breath. "I can't help but feel it was me who did that. But I haven't been able to do it since, and... is that something you can help me with?"

The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Lucem Lucem

ALICE
SCENE:
Silver Lining
PARTICIPANTS:
Charlie, Alice
Silver Lining
<<< Remember

"I'm Alicia! But everyone calls me Alice!" She spoke freely as she popped a cherry-flavored gummy bear in her mouth, clearly and leisurely enjoying the candy. But while the sweetness tackled her taste buds and made her very lightly squeal in delight, her purpose here was not to hang out and gorge on candy! If there was anything she was good at it, it was helping people!

Unless... she was mistaken? Could this be something that only people in the Central District do? Alice had to be careful, lest she come across as totally inexperienced and ignorant! Pumping herself up, fists out in front, she turned her whole body to Charlie with a hop.

"So what were you doing out in the rain? Everyone else was running for cover, but you were just walking!" She smiled kindly, resting her chin on her arms bridging across her knees. Her gaze lingered above Charlie's eyes, then becoming one of curiosity. She had an idea. "Could it be... that's your technique to getting beautiful blue hair?!"

Roda the Red Roda the Red

Jesper Albrecht
SCENE:
Anime Convention!!
TIME:
Pre-Arc 1— August 22nd, 2021
PARTICIPANTS:
Jesper, Charlie, Tenebrosity, Kasumi, others
Anime Convention!!
<<< Remember

"Ah, I'm also from the East..." Jesper chipped in more quietly. After that, he felt like he had... no more place in the conversation. And just how were these two familiar with Helva? was that not one daughter of the Jinx... Linx... some important family? Or more likely he was overthinking; he never remembered these important names anyway.

Either way, by his own judgement, the talking was veering more towards Charlie and Tenebrosity's direction, seeing as they knew same people and came from around the same places. If he knew anything from manga, this is when the odd one out—the "sole" boy stuck in a maid outfit—is left behind.

Jesper let out a quiet sigh, trailing beside Kasumi. As soon as they got the figurine, he'd bail.

... Not considering any exterior tribulations like a red glob of liquid shooting towards them.

What happened next was all a blur; the moment Jesper opened his eyes, he was on the ground and drenched in fluid, and his outfit in... less than ideal condition. The force of the glob tore at the maid dress, leaving his upper half way more exposed than he liked. He could feel the eyes draw to them—to him. IhatethisIhatethisIhatethisIhatethis—

His first instincts kicked in: curl into a ball, try his very best to keep a stern look on his face... then tear up.

Roda the Red Roda the Red @FabulousTrash gxxberkit gxxberkit @Damafaud

Sang-Cheol Man
SCENE:
FRADULENT MEETING
TIME:
Post Arc-1 | September 21th 2021
PARTICIPANTS:
Sang-Cheol, Boltius
FRADULENT MEETING

A shocked look was plastered over Sang-Cheol's face. Boltius was laughing? Why was he laughing? He had witnessed a total meltdown and was about to get punched in his attempt to calm him down, but now Boltius was laughing? Then came confusion, Sang-Cheol couldn't comprehend the situation. He didn't know why Boltius was exactly laughing. Was it because the situation was ridiculous that he couldn't help and laughed? Was it because Sang-Cheol had made a complete full of himself at the DDR? Someone questions but...

"Pffft- hehehehehehe," A chuckle and then a laugh began to escape from Sang-Cheol. Why was he laughing? From the forced meeting that Olivine initiated to absolutely falling flat on his face at the DDR, everything was piss poor. Was it because Boltius that laugh that he started to laugh, is that what they called 'infectious laughter?' Did the chemicals in his brain finally activated and cause him to go insane? Many answers were provided, but one of stood out amongst the rest.

It was because he was happy. Happy for the fact that Boltius wasn't going to leave. Happy for the fact that he had genuine fun playing games. To think that this foreign feeling that tightened his chest was happiness.

"Hehehehe, I- I- I understand." Sang-Cheol said. The smile was a lot more genuine then the one he wore at the arcade. No longer did he act and followed directions. As of right now, he was himself. Even if he was wearing a mask right now, as far as he was concerned, this was him now. Wiping the tears off his face, he looked at Boltius with the biggest grin on his face. "I think I'll take you on that man. I think I could go for a shot or two." Standing straight up, his body felt light. It was as if he had become a feather that could easily be carried away by the wind. "Though, I'll tell you beforehand that I'm bad with alcohol. Please stop me if I do anything stupid."

With that, he followed Boltius to his Denali. A smile that was not for work, nor for goals, but for himself. In this moment, he'd remember this feeling until the day he burned out.

PEYTON XIONG
SCENE:
I Won't Become a Monster!!
Ice Cream Shop (a Few Blocks from Tri's Lab), North District
TIME:
Pre-Arc 1 || February 19th, 2015
PARTICIPANTS:
Damian, Peyton
I WON'T BECOME A MONSTER!!
No response. This was what Peyton was afraid of. He began to scroll through his contacts, looking for other people that he could call upon whilst gnawing on his plastic spoon. Maybe Kinz? But as far as Peyton knew, she was a lab rat, did she even do missions? Granted, Peyton could simply call her up to just listen to her hurl words of abuse at him, that would also cheer up his day. Just as he began to seriously contemplate doing so...

"You actually came!" Peyton said in pleasant surprise when the comparatively tower of a man took a seat opposite of him. Peyton slapped his phone down on the table and fished through his pockets. With a pang of heartache, Peyton passed across enough of his hard-earned lab rat money to Damian to get him a double scoop. "A deal is a deal. Enjoy your icecream!"

Peyton chucked his chewed up spoon across the store carelessly, where it landed in a trash can. Throughout all of this, Peyton avoided looking directly at Damian. To be completely honest, Damian scared him. The pale skin like a vampire, the dark abyss that he had for eyes, the way his lanky figure loomed over Peyton. It wasn't as if Peyton wanted to run away from him, in fact, Peyton felt that having someone intimidating as an ally was good. And Damian's personality didn't seem scary But it didn't stop him from being scared.

Still averting his eyes from Damian's eyes, deep dark pits that Peyton felt that he could fall into, he explained the situation, "There's this group who wants to learn more about the drugs that our gang sells. I know plenty about them, but I'm scared I'll mess something up."

"So can you accompany me?" Peyton asked, looking up to force himself to meet Damian's eyes, a crooked meek smile on his face, "Pretty please?"

Last edited:
Sang-Cheol Man
SCENE:
ACCESS CODE
TIME:
Post Arc-2 |
PARTICIPANTS:
Sang-Cheol, Timothy [NPC], Kiwi
ACCESS CODE

"You're sure that nobody would be able to track us?" Sang-Cheol said to Timothy. He loomed over the blonde's shoulder as the worker operated on the PC. After what he had discovered from the lab, Sang-Cheol decided that he needed a little bit more of information. Unfortunately, none of his workers nor himself had the skills to break into an information vault. That's where they were going to get helped.

"I'm sure, Boss-Nim, I put up several safeguards and a VPN to make sure nobody will be able to track our message down," Timothy tried to reassure his boss as he worked on connecting with their hacker. The Tigers would do anything as long as they were provided with enough money to be satisfied. Though how much would they need would be known once they got in touch with them.

Sang-Cheol imagined it would be quite pricey once he revealed what he wanted their hacker to do. Hubert seemed against this entire thing, but he needed the information in order to work on his own little 'new' drug. "Also you better not make a fool of me, I'll send you flying if you do." The glare made Timothy sweat a little as he had begun to type in his message.

Anonymous: Hello,
Sorry for the wait. I pray you weren't bored before I got here. If I'm correct, you're an information broker, correct? If then I have a request. Are you able to hack into the Amestrian Governments Database? We'll offer 1Mil for your services.

Now all they could do was wait for whoever was behind on the other end of the screen to respond. Would they take the deal?

gxxberkit gxxberkit [/USER]

Isaiah Spade
CS Link
SCENE:
Date???
TIME:
Friday, May 27th, 2022 || Post Arc 2
PARTICIPANTS:
Isaiah, Ruriko
DATE???
Closing the case for his contact lenses, Isaiah looked in the mirror one last time. The face staring back at him was not his own. Rather than dark hair and amethyst eyes, the reflection displayed strands of silver and pale blue irises. Even in his own home, free from the threat of wandering eyes, he wore a mask. If not for the way his Potential functioned, he doubted he'd ever remember how he truly looked.

This was the appearance he'd chosen for today, one that allowed him to play the role of a civilian and even a Dragon, if necessary. Considering his company for tonight, it seemed like the best option. He always kept things like that in mind, even when he was supposed to be relaxing.

Tonight was supposed to be a night where he didn't have to worry about anything, but old habits died hard, especially when he still had mixed feelings about stepping away from work. These last few months had been extremely busy, filled with never-ending problems that needed attention. As the Ace, it was his job to help keep things in line. However, he'd been overly critical of his performance lately.

Setting aside the ongoing issues pertaining to the Cobalt Wolves and the war with the Scarlet Phoenixes, he'd failed to be present during significant events. He'd already dealt with his feelings on the bridge incident, but the conflict at the Platinum Rabbit was another thing that weighed on his mind. It was history repeating itself, and there were even more losses.

As if to make up for perceived mistakes, he'd been pushing himself. Stepping away from a mission for even a second felt like he was doing something wrong, but he eventually managed to rein in those emotions before they became self-destructive. Dwelling on things that were simply beyond his control was just useless self-pity. While he couldn't fully relax, he couldn't let himself be consumed.

In any case, it wasn't as if his plans for tonight only revolved around pleasure. Checking in on the people around him was important, especially during stressful times. That was one of the reasons why he decided to invite Ruriko out. Like him, she'd been busy, having even more on her plate than usual ever since she took in Xuefeng. While he still saw her from time to time and helped her look after the child, he couldn't remember the last time they had a proper discussion when it was just the two of them. This would be a good chance to see how she was doing while giving her time to relax.

Buttoning the top of his shirt, he left the restroom and checked the clock hanging from the living room wall. It was almost time, and he expected to see Ruriko portal her way inside any moment now. Because he was so accustomed to her sudden entrances, he was surprised to hear a knock at the door.

At first, he thought it may have been an unexpected visitor, but one look through the peephole showed him otherwise. Seeing the familiar face, he turned every latch and opened the door that separated him from her. When he could see Ruriko in her entirety, he was greeted with yet another surprise.

Isaiah had known Ruriko for many years, but this was the first time he'd seen her dressed like this. It was a drastic departure from her usual style, but that didn't mean it was a horrible fit for her. He thought just the opposite, and it showed on his face when he greeted her with a smile. "I think purple suits you. You look lovely." There was a touch of playfulness in voice as he brought up the color, but the compliment was genuine. It was nice to see that she was looking forward to this.

"Although, I think I might be a little lacking." He joked as he looked at himself. While he was far from underdressed, it was hard not to come up short when compared to Ruriko.

As he stood in the doorway, the space in front of him seemed to shift a little. In an instant, a floral pattern spread across his dress shirt, adding touches of ivory to the black cloth. Once the illusion had finished mimicking the yukata's design down to the last detail, he looked back to his friend. "I've always liked purple too."

Maintaining his smile, he locked the door behind him and offered his hand to Ruriko, prepared to be transported to their destination. "Are you ready?"

Beann Beann

Passeri Park
SCENE:
Love at Yu Min Cuisine
TIME:
February 14th, 2022 | Pre Arc 3
PARTICIPANTS:
The Quirkforce, Samira, Minato, Camila, Passeri, Alicia, Gideon
Love at Yu Min Cuisine
Passeri fiddled with her fork, absentminded pushing a piece of food, half-eaten and stone cold around her plate. She was feeling restless. Sabrina, that was her name, wasn't half bad. She wasn't one for giving reviews, but if she was on the market, she was pretty sure that she'd be able to make a living out of it.

So that only made her want to ask again: Why?

It was like a painter vandalizing another artist's work. Like waltzing into their studio and spilling ink all over their canvas. She sighed, and dropped her fork. It was during moments like these that she really just didn't get people. Sure, she'd had to burn through just about her entire reserve of self-control to not shoot out the lights, bust the guitar, and then leave through the back door, but she still hadn't done it. Would it have troubled the rock not-so-star so much to just have not EMPed her concert?

Questions. Questions without answers. It was frustrating.

"These guys?" Passeri mumbled to herself as Lucifer sauntered onto the stage. What kind of line-up was this? She couldn't understand Yumin at all. "You know, they were at one of my shows last year! Yumin had me shoehorn them in for... Some reason?" She shrugged. "I guess they're just trying to push them. Beats me why they're doing it this way, though! You'd never try to market a cider alongside a bunch of white wines, right?"

Passeri spoke across the table now, passing a sidelong gaze over to another of the Tigers, Samira. Her voice was rife with all of the excitement for the event that she, in reality, lacked. She really didn't have a clue why the other woman had invited her to this soiree, but it was an opportunity to get to know another of the Tigers, and her schedule had been open.

"Not to be ungrateful for the invite, by the way, but... Why are we here again?" She'd been wracking her brain about it the whole night. "This is hardly how I normally spend my evenings! It's so..." Boring. "Relaxing! I haven't just sat around like this in months."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back