• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy New Oasis: Four Heavenly Kings — The B-Sides

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
ROCCHI (Nakazajo Chikage)
SCENE:
Chasedown
TIME:
Pre-Arc 3 — April 4th, 2022
PARTICIPANTS:
Chikage, Sang-Cheol
CHASEDOWN
The Serpent Drug trade…

Its abolishment was one of the force’s top priorities, and a goal that Chikage had made personal by this point. Having recently come into possession of some reliable information, the Central Captain and a North District Detective set out to pursue the lead and see what they could find.

It wasn’t often he took up partnership with anyone outside of his own precinct, not for any particular reason other than finding it inconvenient, but the lead had caught his interest, and with his most recent accomplishments (the capture of Yuudai Fuse) the NDPD happily accepted his participation.

Following the necessary arrangements, he found himself in the passenger seat of an inconspicuous Nissan Rogue—orange in color—driving along the North District streets to meet with a supposed witness claiming to know a handful about the Serpents’ drug business and other points of interest. Said witness requested that a certain level of consideration be taken regarding the discreet handling of his case. After all, he was putting his life on the line to help them.

For this reason, he refused to step anywhere near a police precinct lest his treachery be found out and his blood spilled.

And so, Chikage and his partner were dressed in casual-wear so as not to attract unwanted attention.

Unfortunately… Fast forward four hours and the two were on their way back to Central after their rendezvous point was found to be a bloody murder scene and, the victim, their witness… which, at least, told them the lead was reliable… but… not so useful anymore, and Chikage, as a result, was livid.

He needed a drink. But later.

For the most part, the ride was quiet, as Chikage wasn’t prone to small-talk, but the Detective was occasionally subject to nervous side-line silence as the Captain engaged in business calls over the phone—nervous because he’d received warning about said Captain’s tics and IED, and the last thing he wanted to do was set Chikage off.

Try to hide it as he may, Chikage gazed casually out the window and told him, “There is no need to be nervous,” then added after a pause, “It’s annoying.”

He looked at the Detective with a curled lip, “Your fidgeting and anxious glancing… It’s distracting.”

Thanks to that, even more than before, the Detective was tense, and he dove inward, cringing, to work himself out as he drove, thinking there’s got to be some way to break through the steel-hard exterior of Nakazajo Chikage. Some way to interest him or gain his favor.

“Aha! R-Right, sorry!! I meant no offense, sir!”

Chikage returned his attention to the window, chin resting in a hand, and said, “I know.”

A long silence became of them then. Chikage’s eyes, lidded; his ruby reds reflected the passing world, and his thoughts wandered from one thing to the next. A ceaseless merry-go-round of questions and suspicions and theories, all of which were bottled up and stowed away… for now.

As he looked out at the North District, he did not see “Serpent territory” but, rather, he saw just another section of his city—his home—one no better or worse than the others… And he felt the fire inside that was his desire to reshape his community burn brighter, causing him to take a deep breath.

Exhaling, he shut his eyes and tried to relax.

“Really sucks that we couldn’t see that lead out to its fullest, y’know?”

Chikage’s brows pinched together and, again, his eyes slowly opened to see the North District pass him by.

“I was really hopin’ we could do some good. Make some headway in the whole drug thing an’ all, yeah, y’know?”

“Shut up,” snapped Chikage in a moment of shaken composure, and the Detective flinched, embarrassed, and did as told… Not that there was any other option being he was an NP. I mean, what was he going to do, lean over and punch the Central Captain across the face for disrespecting him?

What a laugh.

And so, he kept driving. Silently stewing in humiliation until...

All of the sudden, the Captain swung an arm and whacked the Detective in the chest as he yelled, “Stop the car!” and threw open the passenger door. Out he sprung before the vehicle could totally stop and, as he adjusted his clothes, walking calmly toward the supposed point of interest, the Detective quickly parked along the curb before following after.

He bobbed his head this way and that in an attempt to see what had so strongly captured Chikage’s attention. Yet, even when he saw it—a man in glasses with a young girl for company—he couldn’t pin any relevance. Curious, once he reached Chikage’s side, he had to ask, “Sir, do you mind telling me what’s the de-”

“Excuse me,” Chikage nodded to the girl then locked eyes with his target. He knew this face. Reaching into his back pocket, he withdrew his badge and told the man, “I’m with the CDPD.” A brief pause as he slipped the badge back into his pocket, then, “Care if I ask you a few questions?”
CHIKAGE NOTES​
— —The majority of the front, right half of Chikage's body is badly scarred from burns, stopping halfway up his neck. The skin is distorted, discolored, and unpleasant to look at. For this reason, he wears a black, leather glove always covering his right hand, and usually wears long-sleeved, concealing clothes. Reference (X)

— —What he's wearing: (Click: X) Long-sleeved, white sweater; Grey trousers w/ belt; White shoes; Wrist-watch and Glove on his right hand

— —POST RECAP: After a dead-end lead regarding the Serpent drug trade, Chikage catches sight of Sang-Cheol while on his way back to Central with a North District Detective. He decided to approach him and shows him his badge.

Last edited:
Sang-Cheol Man
SCENE:
Chasedown
TIME:
Pre Arc-3 | April 4th, 2022
PARTICIPANTS:
Sang-Cheol, Chikage, Rebecca [NPC], Puppy [NPC]
Chasedown

"Like you know how the bumblebee just like flies, ya know? Like how does it do it? Its fat yellow butt is like two-thirds its body, so it shouldn't be possible."

"Yeah, yeah, keep on talking." Sang-Cheol rolled his eyes at Rebecca's chattering. He could already feel a migraine about to manifest as she droned on and on. His hand fell upon the blonde puppy's head and rubbed it. The hair was quite soft to touch, which slightly soothed Sang-Cheol's irritation. Though Rebecca kept talking, Sang-Cheol looked down at the street. It was a mere attempt to tune her out, but he froze.

In that split moment, his black eyes met red. Even though the windows were rolled up, Sang-Cheol could tell his eyes had met someone dangerous. The hairs on his back stood up. "Rebecca, we have company." In a serious tone, Rebecca immediately silenced herself. Her eyes narrowed at the now slowing car.

Fuck

Out stepped a man, much taller than Sang-Cheol, with red eyes and a built body. It didn't even take a fraction of a second for Sang-Cheol to recognize the man in front of him. 'Nakazajo Chikage.' The Police Captain of Central had arrested former Serpent King Yuudai. The man had also caused indirect stress to Sang-Cheol. After Yuudai's arrest, Sang-Cheol had to try to resolve the unrest among the Lab Heads personally and was still trying to do so. Sang-Cheol's fist tightened in memory of that.

Though maintaining a cool expression, he faced the now-approaching police captain. To say he was calm was a stretch. He was nervous. This was the man that had taken the Yuudai, a man that Sang-Cheol respected and now was approaching him. He did not doubt that Chikage knew who he was. After what happened at the Dock several months ago, Sang-Cheol, it was going to be hard weaseling himself out of this one.

Walking up, he met Chikage eye to eye. "How may I help you, officer?" Sang-Cheol said with an amicable tone. He even put up one of the practiced smiles Gerda taught him after his date with Boltius. "I don't recall having caused any trouble; do you need something?"

Rebecca was a little far behind, and the kid was right next to him. Sang-Cheol doubted that a fight would initiate any time soon. After all, he had a child with him. What kind of man would assault a man suddenly with a kid around?

Last edited:
MINATO MAEDA
SCENE:
Osamu's and Mina's Party Bash
TIME:
September 25th, 2021|Post Arc-1
PARTICIPANTS:
Osamu, Minato, Matsuda, August, Elias
OSAMU'S AND MINA'S PARTY BASH
The Minato that Elias had selected was quite the talker. But then, they all were. He shot the older man a crooked smile

”Bro, I work hard and I play hard,” the Minato said without skipping a beat, attempting to hook an arm around the nearest partygoer's shoulders and pull them in for a side-hug, apparently peacefully unaware of the fact that his response had not actually answered Elias' question.

”By the way, yo,” Minato interjected, extricating himself from the side-eyeing stranger so as to point inquisitively at the pool table before them. ”Who's got next?”

”Hey, you!” A voice aimed square at the back of Matsuda's head cut through the droning din of the party. Minato didn't wait for the bespectacled partycrasher to turn around before he came up from behind... And hooked his arm around the (slightly) older man's shoulders. ”Glad you could make it, buddy!” He said before he'd gotten a good look at Matsuda's face. When their eyes did meet, the fact that Minato had mistaken Matsuda for someone else instantly became apparent.

”Whoops!” He said, excusing himself for his mistake and un-hooking his arm from around Matsuda's shoulder. ”Sorry, bro! You look just like my buddy from the back,” he laughed and clapped Matsuda on the back as if to emphasize the point. Though, rather than walk away after such an awkward encounter, Minato lingered. In fact, he didn't seem fazed by the awkwardness of it at all.

Without skipping a beat, he asked, ”You havin' a good time?”

It was at this moment that another man approached the duo. This one was (slightly) younger, though he'd brought an expensive-looking bottle of wine. Minato didn't recognize him either, but he was suddenly struck by the feeling that he probably should. He looked expensive.

”Yo, thanks, man!” Mina said and snatched for the bottle. He was the host (well, one of them) after all, right?

”Y'like it? It's imported shit,” said a Minato eyeing August eyeing the bar back that Osamu had bought and had installed recently. He'd paid extra to make it look like a natural addition to the otherwise nouveau riche trappings that filled the apartment.

MINATO'S NOTES​
— —SCENE DESCRIPTION: Osamu and Minato are throwing a party! The Minatos are in the process of working the room

SHEN YUE
SCENE:
The Koi Pond
TIME:
PARTICIPANTS:
Hou, Shen
THE KOI POND
Shen stood very still, hands clasped neatly above the small of his back, as Hou (though he would not learn his name until much later) leaned his face close enough to the placid waters of the pond that Shen could no longer see the boy's reflection in the water for the back of his head.

His smile faltered slightly, his lips parting as if in protest, as the man reached a hand out and caressed one of the fishes. When he saw that no harm had been done, Shen's smile returned, softer than before.

“... Oh!” Shen parroted Hou's exclamation, a little bewildered, and a more than a little pleased, by this stranger's animated antics. He didn't intend on going anywhere, and returned to silently watching the surface of the pond until Hou returned at a jog and handed him a bag of Koi food.

Shen had only just finished inspecting the bag when Hou's odyssey, the naming of the fishes, continued with fervor. Shen, giving each fish an appraising look, nodded along with each name until the last.

“Bob..?” He questioned, tilting his head at a slight angle. First one way, then the other. His puzzlement faded and he said, at last, with understanding, “... Bob.”

When Hou told him that it was his turn to name the koi, Shen's eyebrows furrowed in concentration. He focused on one of the koi, its body pale blue with red markings adorning its white face, tail, and fins. He knew this koi. It always swam in a different direction from the others. It reminded him of someone, though he could not place who.

“... That one's Li!” Shen pointed and said, a little uncertain. He looked to Hou to see if he'd done it right.

Hou Huang
SCENE:
The Koi Pond
TIME:
PARTICIPANTS:
Hou, Shen
THE KOI POND

Hou stared, mouth slightly open.
"That...is such a great name!" He shouted, sharing in the triumph he attributed to Shen.
"Did it take you a while to come up with that one?" He grinned down at the fish happily. "He looks like a Li."

Hou balanced on the edge of the stones that formed the base of the railing. It was as if he physically could not keep still.
A group of wary sparrows fluttered down from their chatter in the nearby trees. They had spotted the bag of food and were eying it with their glassy black stares.
Hou stole a few crumbs from the bag he had just given Shen and tossed them out to the birds.

"I guess I should get going...still got people to find."
He looked back over his shoulder at his quiet new acquaintance. "How come you're out in the park by yourself? I mean, like, I think most people go places with other people? I dunno, just curious why you're alone."

HECTOR MOSES
SCENE:
The Enduring Hurrah
TIME:
Pre-Arc 3, Evening of May 27th, 2022
Red West Bar, a Phoenix hub in the South District
PARTICIPANTS:
Hector, Hitoshi joshuadim joshuadim , Hide Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed , Charlie Roda the Red Roda the Red , Corvo AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa , Milo Elenion Aura Elenion Aura , Rin EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen , Roza RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun , Boltius Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean , Ashley Lucem Lucem , Gideon Coyote Hart Coyote Hart , Dimitri The Prophet The Prophet
THE ENDURING HURRAH

In an act of mercy, Hector let Gideon get away with leaving his sentence unfinished, watching him as he prepared his drink. He knows how to stay on my good side, at least.

“Hey!” His attention was drawn away as he was addressed so politely by Hitoshi, giving a firm nod to the older man. “I just need to make sure we’re all ready for the future. Gonna give the other gangs hell, remind ‘em whose empire this city belongs to.” He took a long drink, before pushing the glass aside for later, holding his hand out to blindly catch the new glass that was passed his way.

“Thank you Gideon, should get you an application.” Letting out a light exhale in amusement at his own mumbled statement, he drew his attention back to Gideon, before noticing snowy feet on the countertop. Looking up, Hector realised they weren’t just anyone’s feet, it was the new kid, his rookie!

“When did you get here? Hey, grab a drink, you don’t have to pay anything.” Hector waved a bartender down, who approached quickly, looking to the group to see who needed anything.

“I need to introduce y’all. This is my new rookie, Yukito! I just recruited them. Better show him some respect, he’s gonna do great shit for us.” Hector raised his new glass up in a sort of toast, both to his new recruit and the group as a whole. “We all will.”

Isobel Pham
SCENE:
Cookies & Cream
PARTICIPANTS:
Sang-Cheol, Isobel
Cookies and Cream
Not wanting to waste any more time, Isobel took Sang-Cheol's hand and began pulling him towards the main gate. If she was being honest, she wasn't entirely sure where they were going. All she had was the mental image of a small ice cream shop she noticed sometimes while taking the bus home from school. Lucky for them, she had always been very good at directions.

A left turn here followed by two rights. Despite having never walked some of these streets, Isobel seemed to have no issue navigating. Even when they hit a busy junction, she didn't even pause to think about which way they needed to go. About fifteen minutes passed before she spotted the familiar striped awning extended in front of a candy-colored shopfront. Above was a sign that read 'Jenny's Ice Cream Parlor. Situated between two heavily graffitied and slightly dilapidated warehouses, Jenny's stuck out in the best way possible.

The light jingle of a tiny copper bell hanging above the door signaled their entrance and Isobel and Sang-Cheol were immediately hit by the smells of vanilla, heavy cream, and salted caramel wafting around the space. "Hello!" A young woman from behind the counter greeted them in a sing-song manner. She wore a sunshine yellow apron with the word Jenny's printed across the front in the same font as the sign outside. "What can I get for you two today?"

Isobel got up on her tippy toes and brought her face so close to the glass display that her nose was almost pressed against it. Her eyes widened with awe as she studied the magical array of flavors the display held. They had everything from the standard vanilla and chocolate to crazier home-crafted flavors like blue milk and honey. Turning to Sang-Cheol with a determined look, she pointed to the display and finger-spelled the word 'PICK' out to him.

Misuteeku Misuteeku

Last edited:
Sang-Cheol Man
SCENE:
Cookies and Cream
TIME:
Pre Arc-1 | September 30th 2008
PARTICIPANTS:
Sang-Cheol, Isobel
Cookies and Cream

Sang-Cheol followed along with getting pulled by the muted Isobel out of the school. "A-aren't we going to get in trouble?" Sang-Cheol said worriedly. However, both of them knew that the school cared as much as a rat's ass about the both of them. The teacher would continue without them if they didn't attend class. It made Sang-Cheol wonder if they took attendance, but that was another matter.

As they passed by, Sang-Cheol looked curiously looked around him. Everything seemed unfamiliar to him, which surprised Sang-Cheol without Isobel seemed to navigate through everything effortlessly. "U-u-u-um, where are we going?" Leaving school was one thing; getting lost in unknown territory scared him.

Those thoughts stopped as they stepped in front of an ice cream shop. The simple bell that rang with a jingle made the little boy shocked. "I-Isobel... You didn't have to" Before he could finish, they had both entered the shop. Immediately, the scents of all the flavors of ice cream hit him in the nose. He winced at the sweet smell. It smelled... nice. Better than at school and better than at home.

The nice lady welcomed them in, but Sang-Cheol stood still like a deer in headlights. It only took a little prodding from Isobel for him to walk up to the glass display. Peering over the glass, his eyes immediately locked onto his favorite flavor. "I want this one!" He looked at the lady with sparkles in his eyes. Cookies and Cream had a milky yet chocolately flavor. Not that he knew they tasted like combined. After watching it in commercials, he had always wanted to taste what it would be like to eat cookies and milk together.

Digging into his pockets, he suddenly remembered. "Oh... Right." Hyung had taken all the money he had saved up for himself. Sang-Cheol didn't have enough guts to ask Isobel for money. "U-u-um, um, I-I a-c-actually I..." All the enthusiasm vanished, and the fear of talking to an adult overwhelmed him. He tried to speak that he couldn't pay for the ice cream, but the words didn't leave his mouth.

Last edited:
Isobel Pham
SCENE:
Cookies & Cream
PARTICIPANTS:
Sang-Cheol, Isobel
Cookies and Cream
After Sang-Cheol had picked his flavor the woman turned to her and waited patiently for Isobel to make her choice. Scrunching up her nose, Isobel carefully considered her choices, eventually deciding on strawberry shortcake. Grabbing two cones off a tall stack she had on top of the display, the woman reached into the display and skillfully scooped up a ball of cookies and cream ice cream, followed by a ball of strawberry shortcake, and plopped them into a cone each.

Taking out her wallet, Isobel emptied its contents onto the counter and looked expectantly up at the woman. Behind was a board listing the prices:

Single scoop . . . . . . $2.80
Double scoop . . . . . $5.00

The woman quickly counted out the assortment of coins and notes Isobel had, then flashed them the widest smile. It was the kind of smile that showed off one's teeth and caused the corner of your eyes to crinkle. It was the kind of smile her mother always had even when she was sick. "That's perfect. Here you go, darlings." She carefully handed the cones over to them along with some napkins. "You better get to it quick before it starts melting!"

Misuteeku Misuteeku

Sang-Cheol Man
SCENE:
Cookies and Cream
TIME:
PARTICIPANTS:
Sang-Cheol, Isobel
Cookies and Cream

"T-Thank you..."

Suddenly Sang-Cheol found himself with a cone of cookies and cream in his hands. He stared at the whip of his dreams in his hand. "Isobel... You didn't have to do this." The guilt in his voice was apparent. Isobel had spent her money for his ice cream cone. She didn't have to, he could have always tried to save up for next time. "I don't even have any money to pay you back..."

Looking at the ice cream in his hand, Sang-Cheol was filled with temptation. Even if felt guilty for having Isobel pay for this ice cream, the urge was too much for a kid around Sang-Cheol's age. Taking a bite out of the ice cream, he immediately felt his mouth freezing itself over. It felt like he had stuffed a bunch of ice cubes in his mouth. Most of foods he consumed were either hot, or cold from being left out for too long. Then the ice cream began to melt into mouth. The softened ice cream turned into a sweet rush with a little bitterness from the chocolate.

Sang-Cheol gulped down the portion before looking at remained of his ice cream. Then he took another bite, and another bite. "Munch. Munch. Gulp." The ice cream quickly disappeared as Sang-Cheol devoured it. All that was left was the napkins that use to hold the cone. "O-oh." There was a circle of ice cream around Sang-Cheol's mouth. Quickly wiping the remains off with the napkin, the guilt came back and became dowcasted. "I-I'll try to pay you back later."

CHARLIE HUGHES
SCENE:
The Enduring Hurrah
Red West Bar, a Phoenix hub in the South District
PARTICIPANTS:
Lotsa Phoenixes
THE ENDURING HURRAH
Charlie smiled brightly as Romero reacted to his pets, as always, the dog clearly loved them and was playing back, the boy always found the dog's affectionate nibbles to be adorable. He stopped, however, as a little girl got close to them, starting to go crazy on Romero, who in turn became much gentler in response of Corvo's command. Charlie lifted his gaze after hearing a familiar voice, one that he hadn't heard in months. He stood up to reach to the man's eye level...Or at least attempted to, given their height gap (Not that it was a rare occurrence for him, as phoenixes seemed to attract plenty of folks with olympic stature).

"Ryoma! It's good to see you, I've been doing just fine! Training hard as always" he said, flexing one arm and tapping the bicep twice with his other hand.

His attention then shifted to the tray with food, he had been somewhat out of it for most of the night, so the aroma of meat sliding right into his nostrils reminded the boy that he, in fact, was pretty hungry. He gently reached for a burger, Charlie hadn't had one in a while, actually, as he was focusing on a healthier diet as of late, carbs had been his biggest enemy the last couple months.

He took a big bite, enjoying the greasy juices flooding his mouth. Somehow, it had finally dawned on him that despite his endless worries, this was a night where he was free to wash his worries away and just have a good time, and it only took his favorite food to realize it.

"Hey, how about we have a few drinks? I feel like being a little irresponsible tonight!"

In Scene: joshuadim joshuadim Elenion Aura Elenion Aura WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean Lucem Lucem Coyote Hart Coyote Hart The Prophet The Prophet Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed

Interacting with: EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa Stros Stros

ERIC EVENSEN
SCENE:
Behind the Scenes
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri, Eric
BEHIND THE SCENES

"Very well, it may not be the most professional approach, but the easier we get her to cooperate, the better chances we have to keep her name out of the news"

He listened as to what she had to say, her words reassured his convictions and eased the guilt if not being completely open to his boss ever so slightly, but also, her proposition for working together in the future caught him completely off-guard.

He folded his arms and leaned his back against the edge of the window's frame.

"Trust me, Miss Park, I feel similarly...I have wanted to change the city for the better, ever since I joined the force"

A short, pondering pause lingered before he started speaking once again.

"Although if I have to be completely honest, I kind of reached a point in my career where I feel such a thing is impossible, you may specially know what I mean if you are familiar with the North District...But, who knows, maybe New Oasis' favorite star could prove my cynicism wrong".

He took a step forward and straightened his back in front of Passeri, holding out his right hand open.

"I suppose I will take you up on that offer, be it a charity or something else, contact me and I will consider it...Name is Eric, by the way"

No one is safe from the subtle influence of nepotism.

The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit

Peyton Xiong
SCENE:
TIME:
Pre-Arc 1 || Late 2017
PARTICIPANTS:
Peyton, Damian, Kinsley, Raphael
Lab Rats
Today was a good day, or at least Peyton tried to convince himself it was. With a combination of Kisara's fighting ring, tests done by Tri and Paris, and a few odd jobs every so often, Peyton found himself with his debt paid off. So even though he was still a member of the Serpents, he was practically a free man. And this had meant celebrating, in the form of taking his favorite hedonistic hemomancer out for a run of the North. Admittedly though, Peyton had invited Raphael out partly in order to forget about the uneasy feeling tearing up his chest.

Dragging around the extra snarky hemomancer had started with a visit to the barbershop to cull Raph's unruly mane of hair. Peyton also took the opportunity to get rid of some stray dark hairs at the nape of his neck, leaving a clean blaze of yellow hair at the nape of Peyton's neck. Then, inspired by compulsion, Peyton brought them to the next-door salon, and an hour later, Peyton was grinning dorkily at Raph as he compared his auburn orange and yellow nails to Raph's goth-like manicure.

With the morning past them, their most recent stop was a food truck that sold enormous crepes. As they were quite too big for one person, Peyton had never actually dared to buy it on his own before. The crepes were perfect for two people though, although that did mean that Peyton had to stand on his tippy toes to take a bite of it, as it was in Raph's hands. Peyton didn't mind, but he wondered whether Raph enjoyed seeing him struggle to eat the sweet treat.

"Oh, isn't that the building that Kinz is always up at?" Peyton asked as they passed by a particular building. He shaded his eyes and looked up. Being the shorty he was, it was unsurprising that he couldn't determine whether Kinz was up there or not. "I wanna go say hi to her! You should come too! The sight up there is great. And I don't want to see you eating all of the crepe!"

There was a rickety metal external stairwell mounted at the side of the building which was protected by a fence that had a gaping hole in the side. It was trivial for Peyton to slip through the hole with his small frame and pop open the door for Raph. Then he headed up the steps, a bounce in each step that reverberated through the metal steps. He didn't know why he felt so euphoric. It definitely couldn't be his newfound sense of freedom. That had been dampened by his dilemma of whether to find himself a new life or not.

The crepe had probably been spiked. Go figure.

Elenion Aura Elenion Aura (Raph) Kyuubey Kyuubey (Kinz) Lucem Lucem (Damian)

KAZUE KANEKO
SCENE:
[Thawtless Dial]
TIME:
Pre-Arc 3, December 24th, 2021
PARTICIPANTS:
Charmy Devlin, Kazue Kaneko
THAWTLESS DIAL

I’m so sorry.

I know I said I would be visiting for Christmas, but you know how our parents are.

I’ll make it up to you soon.

understandable have a nice day
The lone advantage of riding a bicycle in New Oasis winter was not having a radio blaring holiday music.
Shivering within her two hoodies, Kazue coasted to a stop and got off in a parking lot. Hanging the fruits of her labors on the handlebars, she escorted her noble and trusty steed on the homestretch. Her hands would have frozen to the bike's frame, like a modern day version of someone licking a pole in winter, if it weren't for her gloves. Trudging through the snow, bags of last-minute shopping in tow, Kazue moved from the painful and painfully festive outdoors to a warm and plain isolation indoors, inside of a block of flats that existed to clash with the aesthetic of the East. Her home.

Kazue opened the door. Navigating past wrappers and bags that she would definitely clean later but not now, she set down the rewards earned from the arduous task of going outside. Rewards that were mostly useless, intended for a celebration that would never come. She probably should have tried to get a refund on the baking supplies, but on realizing she'd have to interact with other humans...No. Digging through the bag, she pulled out a singular purin cup and a roll cake. Shoving the cake and its unnecessarily large box into a minuscule cube that claimed to be a refrigerator and telling herself that she'd move the ingredients in later, Kazue opened the purin. Setting it down on a cardboard box containing parts for a coffee table, she stood back up to grab a spoon out of...one of her drawers. Somewhere.

Shuffling back to the stained couch, a mighty weapon to slay her craving for sugar in hand, Kazue sat down and dug in. The taste was almost worth the price tag. Almost. She had intended to enjoy the taste one slow spoonful at a time, but that one spoonful became two, then three, then it became a mouthful, and then half the cup was gone. Setting it down, Kazue leaned back and stared at the ceiling. She blinked some, and sniffled...Was this? Crying? Tears formed. What was she crying over? She didn't know. The absurdity of sudden sobbing was enough to bring the exhausted Kazue to laughter. The two acts really weren't that different, and whether a noise was one or the other, who could tell? Taking a breath, she rolled on the couch, now lying face down. If she had continued with her sudden display of...whatever she was displaying, she couldn't tell. She put her arms down to get up, but then they went loose and she was back to resting. This happened a few times until she was roused by a familiar, ancient sound.

Years ago, back in the West District, Kazue had somehow been more of a Passeri Park fan than she was today. Kids. As a result of this, she had once set the ringtone of everyone in her phone to The♡Doki♡Doki♡Heartstoppers' first single. Trying to batch change the song to something normal never worked for some reason, and manually editing everyone would have been a hassle, so she simply changed them as calls came in.

There was one person this call could be from. Kazue stared at her phone. Her finger hovered over the decline option.

And yet.

Kazue pressed a button. It did not decline the call.

Isobel Pham
SCENE:
Cookies & Cream
PARTICIPANTS:
Sang-Cheol, Isobel
Cookies and Cream
Sang-Cheol and Isobel never shared much about their family situations with each other. It was an unspoken rule that somehow came to be. Maybe they didn't want to burden the other with their own problems or maybe they saw the friendship as an brief escape from the sadness and pain present in their young lives. That said, Isobel couldn't help but wonder if his family was one of the reasons why Sang-Cheol always felt guilty whenever she offered any help or do anything nice for him.

While Sang-Cheol munched through his ice cream with the ferocity of a bear, Isobel slowly worked through hers, savoring every lick and enjoying the experience of sweet frozen cream disappearing on her tongue. In those few minutes, their problems momentarily melted away and they were simply two kids enjoying frozen desserts in each others' company.

Wiping the traces of ice cream from her hands and mouth, Sang-Cheol suddenly brought up the matter of paying her back again and she shook her head vehemently. "T-R-E-A-T" She spelled. It wasn't that Isobel's financial status had suddenly improved, in fact, it was quite the opposite. She noticed her father struggling to put food on the table as days when they resorted to a scoop of rice with soy sauce for dinner became more frequent. It wasn't surprising anymore for her to wake up and find their water and electricity supply cut, and just the other day she'd returned home to see a letter with the words 'FINAL NOTICE' bolded in red taped to their front door. Whenever she asked her father about it he'd respond in a half-drunken agitated slur that he was dealing with it.

So she wasn't in the position to be treating anyone anything, but it made her friend happy. In turn, that made her happy and maybe that was all she needed because life currently sucked big time.

Misuteeku Misuteeku

Last edited:
CHARLIE HUGHES
SCENE:
[Hair and Memories]
TIME:
Pre-Arc 1, March 9th 2021
PARTICIPANTS:
Charlie, Mimi
Hair and Memories
By her words, Charlie assumed she was talking about a friend that also wanted to become an accountant.

"Well, accounting can be a bit tricky, but even I was terrible with numbers at first! I sort of...Forced myself to learn, you know? I'm sure your friend could do great if they tried"

She also mentioned a corporation, one that the boy knew all too well...Not exactly on a very personal matter, but he remembers the several deals his mother had arranged with them, and all the countless times the name was thrown around during conversations in those fancy parties over in West District.

"Knightcorp...No, I don't really work for them...But well, I did consider the possibility several years ago, back when I was in highschool...Things just didn't turn out the way I expected in the end, but I'm happy where I'm at right now, so it's not a big deal!"

Just as he was getting talkative and chirpy with the easy-going hairdresser, she started to behave in an unusual manner. He couldn't really see properly what she was doing, but he could notice her movements from his peripheral view. And then, out of nowhere, she declared the treatment to be over, which was...Odd, to say the least? This definitely wasn't the whole process.

"H-Huh? O-Oh, I uh... I see?"

He stared at his own flowing strands of hair for a moment.

"Y-Yeah, it's great...But uh...What about the conditioning cream? And what about the trim?"

Sang-Cheol Man
SCENE:
Cookies and Cream
TIME:
PARTICIPANTS:
Sang-Cheol, Isobel
Cookies and Cream

"O-Okay." Sang-Cheol backed down as quickly as he gained his guilt. How Isobel emoted her emotions towards him conveyed all he needed to know that she didn't want to pay him back. The guilt still lingered. Did he really deserve a treat? He had done nothing to be warranted a reward or attention. It left a bad feeling in his stomach. Then he remembered.

Reaching down into his pocket, Sang-Cheol felt a round but rough object. Sang-Cheol could fit his finger through a space in the center of the object. Grabbing said object, he turned over towards Isobel. "I- Um..." The words didn't come out, and he was getting cold feet. Could he really do it? Can he do it? Sang-Cheol gulped before taking a deep breath. Of course, he could. If Isobel could do it, then so could he.

"Can I have your hand?" Sang-Cheol requested. Taking the hand that Isobel had been using to sign her words, he opened the palm of her hand. Even if her hands were rough, just like his, it felt pleasant to touch. It was as if there was someone else in the world that could understand his feelings. It meant that even in this cold, lonely world, there was at least someone out there that would be the sun that would cast away these bitter moments.

Removing his hand from Isobel's palm was a diamond ring.

"I want you to have this," Sang-Cheol said as he stared at the ring. "It's my mother's ring. She left it with my dad after they got divorced. It's the only thing that I have of her." And what Sang-Cheol said was true. The ring was the only thing that he had that was a connection to his mother. There were no memories nor any warmth that were associated with the word 'mother.' It was only this ring that Sang-Cheol clung to in hopes that maybe one day, he'll see her.

"It's not an actual diamond ring. My dad told me that my mother created this with her potentiality. You should have seen my hyung's face when he tried to sell it. He was furious." Sang-Cheol rambled on as he tried to erase the nervous feeling. Back then, it wasn't funny at all. His dad told him in his drunken state about the ring when he was in his moments. Hyung beat him up after discovering it was fake and threw the ring away. It took hours for Sang-Cheol to find it on a cold night. To Sang-Cheol, that ring was embodied of his hope. That one day, everything would be fine and the snowy nights could finally end.

PIXEL (Cleo Silva)
SCENE:
Happiness & Prosperity
TIME:
Pre-Arc 3 — February 1st, 2022
PARTICIPANTS:
Isaiah, Meirin, Kairong, Amari, Levi, Ruriko, Ottilie, Silva
HAPPINESS & PROSPERITY
When Levi arrived at Silva’s home—a large, two-story house in which he lives with his mother and covers the bills—Silva was already waiting outside with his weight against the mailbox, dressed in a casual getup of his typical taste.

Behind his mask, as he slipped into the vehicle, a pointy-toothed smile. Then, at Levi’s advice, he snickered, “Heh~ Mi mamá cooked chilaquiles,” he bounced his eyebrows at the mention, “an’ I could jus’ not resist, man. I will BREAK HER HEART if I do~” As he spoke, Silva made dramatic gestures like a damsel in distress; the metal portion of his legs made a racket with every movement.

It had been nearly three months since he woke from his coma and, on that day and ever since, Silva has been completely unfazed by the incident. As soon as Perona gave the permission, he was out of bed and catching up with his fellow Dragons.

As for the event, when they entered the tea shop, Silva wasn’t sporting any of the holiday’s traditional colors, nor did he come bearing gifts of any sort, so when he observed the goings-on as he followed behind Levi, he found himself pinching his brows together in curiosity.

“Ehhh…” Ignoring the question about new year resolutions, Silva rested his chin on Levi’s shoulder from behind and slouched, applying a small portion of weight against him. Behind his goggles, he glanced around suspiciously. “Yo, uhh-” he whispered. “I am… not dressed apropiadamente para esta party, jes?... Uhh… Everybudy is wearing red, heh-heh... You think, maybe Mei will len' me 'er dress, heh-HAHAHAHAA!!” Laughing, Silva melted off of Levi as if to fall to the floor, but instead he caught himself and straightened up again, hand over his stomach. “IT'D MAKE ME DE MAIN ATRACCIÓN, HAHAHAHAA!”

The formal atmosphere wasn't exactly Cleo Silva's kind of scene, but, if need be, he knew how to mimic and follow along... Fake it 'til you make it, right? Then again, would he even have to? LXI LXI (Interacting w/ Levi) QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel (Meirin mentioned) simj26 simj26 Lucem Lucem Beann Beann angel doe angel doe Saturn_moon Saturn_moon
SILVA NOTES​
— —What he's wearing: (See post's image) Mask and orange-tinted goggles; Grey hoodie with biker jacket overtop; Black jeans that cut off at the thigh where his prosthetic legs begin; No shoes because metal feet

— —Silva's hair isn't dyed this time around. As a result, he doesn't smell harshly of chemicals.

— —Pixels: Currently wielding none

— —POST RECAP: Silva arrives at the tea shop with Levi and realizes he's not dressed properly for the occasion, nor did he bring any gifts.

Last edited:
Charlie Hughes
SCENE:
Anime-Con!!!
PARTICIPANTS:
Charlie, Jesper, Tenebrosity, Kasumi, Tri
Anime-Con!!!

"Well, I guess I'm not surprised to see people from all districts, this was a pretty big event with a good amount of advertisement"

Charlie was happy, it was really nice to strike a nice, casual conversation with (for the most part) strangers like this.

Then, something caught the attention of the boy. A sizeable crowd had gathered not far from where they were at the moment. On closer inspection, it seems like they were standing around a large machine, with a man in a costume standing atop of it. From the machine was released a powerful spray of red liquid, heading straight to the group. Charlie barely had a moment to react, too quick to dodge it, but just enough time for him to cover his face with his forearms. He could feel his cloak being ripped off from his body due to the sheer pressure of the spray, but other than that, he was completely fine.

He lowered his arms and opened his eyes, he stared at himself, now drenched from head to toes in this...Strange fluid, it wasn't a comfortable feeling whatsoever. Charlie looked to his side and got scared for a second after seeing a Jesper knocked off her feet. As she sat up, Charlie got embarrassed for a moment, her c-chest was showing!

Wait a second.

That chest is completely flat...And is that an Adam's apple?

...Oh.

Charlie kneeled over to the curled up Jesper, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey! Are you okay, Jesper? That was a strong hit, let me know if you're hurt anywhere".

He stared back at the machine, just what on earth was going on?

AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa gxxberkit gxxberkit FabulousTrash FabulousTrash Damafaud Damafaud

HECTOR MOSES
SCENE:
Passing The Torch
TIME:
Pre-Arc 3 — September 28th, 2021 — 5:00 PM
(Shady's Motel) Phoenix HQ, South District
PARTICIPANTS:
Hector, Reika, Doctor Slim (NPC), Boltius Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean
PASSING THE TORCH

It had been a long night, or morning, or evening, Hector didn’t even know what time it was, it wasn’t important. He had been awake for a few hours, he thought, though that was hard to discern as well. Even when exhaustion had forced his eye closed, his rest was marred with terrible thoughts, chills running through his body, and a dull pain that prevented him from getting comfortable. Maybe he had a fever.

The bandages wrapped around his face and arms were evidence that Hector had sought out medical treatment, but as expected, he was quick to escape as soon as the news about Reika had reached him. Nobody had stopped him, it would’ve been unwise to further provoke him and everyone knew where he’d be anyway. Barring runs to the bathroom and the coffee machine, he hadn’t left Reika’s side since he saw her. It was the least he could do for her.

When he heard someone enter, he could only turn his head to face the visitor, only having the will to sit up straight when he saw who it was. An apparition? No, it was him. Hector as well struggled with his words, staring Bolt down with a dazed look as he processed the events of the last day. He should be angry, he had every reason to be, and yet he couldn’t fly into his usual rage. Hector wasn’t himself. He loathed what he was right now.

“Bolt-” Hector paused, his voice hoarse, as he reached for a bottle of water on the floor, left for him during his rest but barely touched since. He tried again after taking a few sips and returning the bottle to its place on the floor.

“Bolt. Are you okay?” He looked towards Reika, perhaps with the slim hope that she would hear his words and stir from her deep sleep. “...It ain’t good, y’know.” He turned back toward Boltius, gripping his chair with both hands to propel himself out of his chair. Everything ached. “I don’t know when she’ll recover.” Though he said it bluntly, it was clear that he was hurting. His visible eye was already bloodshot and began to glaze over with the formation of another tear. He didn’t even know if it would be a ‘when’, or whether ‘if’ would be a more fitting word.

SYLVIE SLEZÁK
SCENE:
Osamu and Mina's Party Bash
TIME:
September 25th, 2021 | Post Arc-1
PARTICIPANTS:
August, Elias, Matsuda, Minato, Osamu, Sylvie
OSAMU AND MINA'S PARTY BASH

Intercepted already. It was to be expected, walking through a crowd of partiers with a full bottle of alcohol, like swimming through shark-infested waters drenched in seal blood. It wasn’t like he had bought it himself, but Sylvie had hoped to at least sample it before it would be wasted by the boisterous crowd. Adapting quickly to Minato's sudden grab, he loosened his grip to allow the stranger to take it without a struggle, it wasn’t worth causing a fuss.

“Ah it is no problem!” Sylvie flashed a smile at Minato, his earrings glittered as he moved his head under the lights above them. “1989 Vieux… Château Certan.” Though the name was lost a bit under his heavy accent’s pronunciation of the Libere wine, and the noise of those around him, he still pointed to the bottle now in Minato’s hand, proud of his offering.

“Is this your party then? I’m Sylvie Slezák.” He held a hand out as part of his formal introduction, hoping the involuntary gifting would be enough to have made a good impression already.

JESPER ALBRECHT
SCENE:
Meeting 101
PARTICIPANTS:
Jesper, Milo
Meeting 101
Jesper skidded to a full stop as the older boy, like a fire raging across the grass, cut him off. Jesper tried to keep a blank, stoic face, but the reality was that he looked as if the slightest hint of aggression would curl him into a ball. He almost did, really, dropping the box and sitting behind it to hide at least half his body from the bright Nanami. He only heard a marred version of his words, but the tone scared him more—he was too shaken to process everything properly.

The sound of another approaching boy came from behind, and one reluctant glance over, meeting eyes with Milo, that was enough to petrify Jesper until he blanched. They were sizing him up, like sharks circling their prey! He at least noticed Nanami mention the word "drawing" and point at the book—which surely was some list of bounties he drew up! Was Jesper really going to be ransomed off like his dad said could happen?! That's right... his dad said nothing bad would ever happen to Jesper because he would take care of it!

Raising as much courage as he could muster, he said, "M-My dad's going to kill you if you do something to me...!" Though from how terrified the boy was, it sounded less like a threat and more so a plead...

Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

Charlie Hughes
SCENE:
[Building Bridges]
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri, Gideon, Milo, Dagger, Yong-Yut, Vulken, Boltius, Corvo, Charlie, Pascal
BUILDING BRIDGES

"O-Oh..." Was all he let out as he heard Milo's pessimistic remark.

"Well...If our efforts can least ease the burden of the actual workers even if just a little, I'll be satisfied" He thought it was only proper to balance things out with his own optimism.

He turned his gaze to the black-haired boy, the one proclaiming to be called Gideon. His face was visibly puzzle by hearing him refer to himself as a bad guy...What could he possibly mean by that?

"Well, nice to meet you Gideon! A friend of Milo is a friend of mine, hope we can get along!"

Once they were next in line, Charlie gave the hamburgers a long stare, he swallowed some saliva as his temperance was being tested.You promised yourself that you'd start cutting on the carbs, remember?

It's not like he had started putting on weight. He was in fact in the best shape he had ever been in his life, and that was exactly the point. Charlie wanted to get stronger, he had to if he wanted to help against whatever threats the other gangs had to offer...The sight of the South Bridge a few months ago was the truest display of such a thing. Making his body stronger was all part of the process and working out wasn't enough. A healthy and well-regulated diet was also important (He even got plenty of guidance on the matter by Boltius, the apricot-haired health nut).

Instead, he filled his plate with an assortment of roasted vegetables and a couple sausages, was a lot better and also still pretty damn tasty, so it wasn't a big deal in the end. He joined the other two over at the grass patch and got comfortable in a side sitting position. He took a look around, noticing familiar faces here and there, part of him wanted to go and say hi, but ended choosing against it, they seemed to be pretty active by themselves and snooping in could come off as a bit rude. And really, he just wanted to properly spend time with his newer friend for a change.

"So, Milo...How's the phoenix life been treating you? Hector can be pretty intense but he's a really good person!"

The rose-tinted glasses were thick to say the least.

Direct Interactions: Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Coyote Hart Coyote Hart
Others: AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa gxxberkit gxxberkit Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Nobody Special Nobody Special The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean simj26 simj26

Isobel Pham
SCENE:
Cookies & Cream
PARTICIPANTS:
Sang-Cheol, Isobel
Cookies and Cream
Isobel stared at the ring resting in her palm. Then at Sang-Cheol. Then back at the ring. It was a delicate thing. A thin gold band with the "diamond" set in the middle. Even if it wasn't a real diamond, it was still the prettiest thing she had ever seen. And just like the ice cream parlor set against the backdrop of Riverwood, the ring looked so out of place in her calloused hands.

She could feel the cogs in her head turning rapidly yet she still struggled to put the pieces of the situation together and figure out how she should respond. Was she supposed to thank him and just accept the gift? Would it be rude if she didn't? Would Sang-Cheol be offended if she gave it back? All these questions ran through her mind as Sang-Cheol nervously shared about the ring's connection to his mother.

Her decision was made. Pressing the ring back into his hand, she spelled the word 'mother' out with her hands and gently shook her head. It was the best she could do for now and hoped he would understand. The ring clearly mattered a lot to Sang-Cheol if he carried it around in his pocket all the time and if it was the only thing he had of his mother, she knew there was no way she could take it. At home, she had an old biscuit tin hidden in her drawer. In it were various knick-knacks she'd saved from her own mother. An old sewing kit, a wooden comb, seashells they collected from that one summer they visited the beach in the east... None of it had much value nor were they nearly as pretty as the ring Sang-Cheol had offered her, but they meant the world to her and she would have traded her soul before giving them up.

In the distance, she could faintly hear the sound of the school bell signaling that lunch was over.

Misuteeku Misuteeku

Last edited:
Sang-Cheol Man
SCENE:
Cookies and Cream
TIME:
Pre Arc-1 | Janurary 12, 2022
PARTICIPANTS:
Sang-Cheol, Isobel
Cookies and Cream

"Ah."

The moment the ring found its way back into its hand, Sang-Cheol stared at it. Why did everything feel colder? The only thing the boy could do was stare at the ring and process what had just happened. His mouth made some movements to say something, but nothing came out. Then the only thing he could do was smile.

"Too much, huh? I guess it's too extreme." There was no stuttering in his voice; Sang-Cheol had felt an awful feeling enter his body. Mother gave a ring back to dad and left them. Isobel did the same and gave the ring back to him. Sang-Cheol tried to control himself and put up a front. "Next time, let's go buy ice cream together. I'll pay it next time." His best smile was mustered out to give the impression that he was fine.

The sound of the bell rang, and Sang-Cheol immediately got up. "That's the bell. We should get back going." He stood up and started walking. Though before he could make it far, he stopped himself. "Hey, Isobel..." Turning around, he smiled. "When we grow up, I'm going to buy you a ring, okay!" The smile grew and grew as he continued to talk. "So, next time, don't reject it, okay? I'll be hurt otherwise!" With that, he started to sprint off to school. A surge of unfamiliars overwhelmed Sang-Cheol, which propelled him to move even faster.

"I promise I'll buy you that ring! Whether it be tomorrow or years after! I'll make sure!" Sang-Cheol yelled at the top of his lungs. A laugh erupted from his mouth. His body felt like it was soaring through the sky. Somehow, he just knew that everything would be fine. After all, he still had hope. He clutched the ring in his hand tighter than before. In the future, Sang-Cheol would give a ring to the most precious person in his life.

"It's been a while, hasn't it?"

"Yep. It's been about a couple of days. How was the experiment?"

"Another failure. The rats break apart too easily."

"You should be nicer to them, you know? Even if you inflict a lot of pain, a little sincerity is all it takes to patch things up."

"I don't want to hear coming from you."

"Haha, maybe not. Either way, there are lots of options in the future. Just take your time and grow through all of them."

"You're way too relaxed... What's that in your hand?"

"Ah, this? It's my family photo. Look at this! Aren't we just cute?"

"If anything, I feel sorry for them. Seeing as you're your usual self, you must have left them too."

"Well, can't it be helped? I still had a whole life ahead of me, and it wasn't like I was serious."

"Then why do I see a kid in the picture."

"Oh, that? I was just curious what it was like to give birth."

"You're crazy."

"Not the first person to say that~."

"Even as a serpent, you're the garbage at the bottom of a landfill. I pity the now family of two-"

"Actually, it's three."

"Three?"

"I had a little accident a while back and gave birth to a boy."

"How come I don't see that kid in the picture?"

"Oh, that. I left a couple of months after he was born."

"...You-"

"It's not like I'm not always there for him. Before I left, I planted a chip into his brain and read through how's he doing. And I might say it's interesting reading about someone else life. It just inspires me to write a book."

"You're an utterly despicable woman, Lee Hyejin."

"Again, with the unoriginal insults. I'm getting bored when you keep saying the same thing."

"Haaa. Did you at least name the kid?"

"Yep. My husband named our first, so I named our second!"

"What did you name him?"

"Sang-Cheol. Cute name, right?"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back