• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
GM/Scene Post
SCENE:
Opening Night
Abandoned Warehouse Park, Yamato Outskirts
PARTICIPANTS:
Cosmic Crusaders (minus Kazu)
Opening Night

Every show has an audience. Though the raindrops were plenitiful and raucous, they would not do. The warehouses, neatly lined up in threes, were too few and stoic. The cold bit and the wind howled like a pack of wolves, but metaphorical beasts made for poor watchers too. Why not the metaphysical beasts, then?

The power surge of the children tapping into the background magic of the universe lit up the dreary opening night. As they plotted amongst themselves, any of the fighters who spared a glance at their leader and could discern facial expressions past the monsoon, her wetted fur, and her smaller features would notice closed eyes. Peacefulness? Memories? Exhaustion? Whatever it was, it was gone when she opened her eyes. And her mouth. She had questions to answer.

Yoko. “You’re a magical girl. Your job is to save the world, kill monsters, and do what I say. Maybe you missed that part while you were fantasizing.”

Moura. Answered by his comrades. Next.

Ken. And also Daichi. “Do you want me to demonstrate? Write up a step-by-step tutorial? Or are you looking for something like an instructional pamphlet? Look, the hand of the big guy in the sky is not its brain. I don’t know why fate wanted these people, but it did. So I had to get them. By any means necessary. You gotta lead with the incentives before you tell them that you’re paying a thousand kan an hour. I’m sure you know.”

Ken had run off already. It was at this point that Moura had to have set Ritsu down into the mud. Yippee. She remained very still to avoid splatter, but the raindrops still stirred up plenty.

Tyrant existing wasn’t a question, but it was questionable. “Clown shoes! Commie! Can’t come up with a snappy nickname for the last one! Have you wrapped it up yet? Look, lady, there might not be enough room in this dump for your ego. Use names. Use humility. I’m the only one allowed to be a hypocrite here.”

One of her fighters was currently getting drunk. Ritsu wanted to ask him for a sip or two. Double dipping vice, hell yeah. “If you can’t plan, I’ll do it for you. I don’t think 2/IC here is gonna back down. And…” Ritsu again flattened down, almost sinking into the mud. Her vanilla white fur was now half chocolate. “Hate to say it, but her idea of a bigger group is solid. I can detect roughly the yōkai’s auras, though. Should be plenty of scouting.” Ritsu again shut her eyes tight, sensing the unbound magical power of their enemies.

Empty.

Occupied.

Occupied.

Empty.

Empty.

What the hell even is that.

Startling back and getting even more mud over herself, her eyes snapped back open. “Whoo. Right. We’ll need two groups. I think we have more than that already, so unless someone really wants to be the insurance policy cavalry, we need some mergers. Half these have nothing. Two’ve got some mooks. But that one. You guys see that far one on the right, squeaky clean, no art? That one’s got something. Something I don’t recognize. Too much energy there for me to get a bead on what’s up, besides ‘nasties here.’ I don’t like that. We might need the full might of pack tactics.”

With Ritsu’s plan laid out, silently daring someone (cough cough Junko) to challenge it, she turned away and made to once again bound forward, before remembering the dreadful terrain and catching herself.

“…Someone’s gonna need to carry me again. Just grab me by the sides.”

Fukushima Moura
CS Link
SCENE:
Opening Night
PARTICIPANTS:
All Present Cosmic Crusaders (Minus Kazu)
Opening Night

With everything said and done, it was time. With the remainder of the Crusaders transforming, it was now time to launch their raid, as Ritsu put it. Everyone was fired up, from that one crusader that popped out of nowhere, Tyrant, to Ishida-Senpai, whose attitude remained the same from before and after the transformation. "Handa-Senpai, Ishioka-Senpai is on our team." Moura reminded his hot-tempered senior. "I trust that Ishioka-Senpai knows how to handle a firearm safely. Otherwise, why would her transformation have it?" To Daichi's misfortune, Moura did not seem to understand his point of view.

Though back onto the main topic, as Tyrant had suggested with the Ritsu stamp of approval, they would divide up into at least two big groups. From Ritsu's intel, at least two of the warehouses had monsters, while another had a strange signature that Ritsu could not identify. It must be serious, considering that they needed all of them to take one that monster. What could it be in the last warehouse?

"Well, I guess we better get started moving." Scooping up Ritsu, Moura held her in the crook of his arm as if she was a basketball. "Sorry, Ritsu, I'm going to need at least one of my arms to fight in case we get jumped. I'll put you down if it gets too dangerous." That or he would throw Ritsu at the enemy. If Ritsu could bestow them magical powers to defeat the yokai, then Ritsu could obliterate them with a tap of her soft body.

"Let's get going! Handa-Senpai, straight ahead!" Looking over to his crimson-armored senpai once more, Moura shot him a curious glance. The junior felt a little peeved over Ken's unnecessary worry, so he didn't add him as well. It was a bit immature, but as the youngest wasn't he allowed to be childish? "You too Nanami-Senpai! Let's go and kick that Yokai's ass!" It'd be good to add one more person. Looking around Moura smiled and shouted out.

"Hey, Arasaka-Senpai. If you're not in Masao-Senpai's group, wanna join us?" Admittedly, the only reason why Moura picked Kyoko was that she was the first one he spotted in the dark of the rain. He didn't know much about her other than her background, which everybody muttered about when she walked down the halls. Though seeing as she was part of the group, she was probably as reliable as Masao.

Whether she'd said yes or no, the engine in Moura's heart was bursting. "Well, in any case, let's go, Handa, Nanami, Arasaka-Senpai." With Ritsu by his side, Moura began heading in the direction of one of two warehouses. They had a strategy, and while they may have difficulties in implementing it, they just had to improvise through it.

Last edited:
Lady Airi <Masao>
PARTICIPANTS:
Opening Night

Now that everyone was getting into she was really feeling fired up! She watched as her friends all started their own transformations with awe. She stopped though as she saw Tetsuya unable to transform. That was going to be a big problem! She was glad that he chose to stick with them and was ready to do her best to ensure he stayed safe. She’d seen how deadly he’d been with a shovel before, and while she still didn’t approve she’d be happier knowing he’d have some defense.

“Of course! But please promise to be careful until you can transform okay Tetsuya?”

She didn’t get to say much else before someone she hadn’t seen before was now shouting directions at them all. Oh, that was actually a good plan. She turned it around in her mind nodding along as the girl spoke. Wait she was bleached blonde right? Oh the girl must not be from the same school as them all. No wonder she was calling them by traits.

She should introduce herself.

Oh, but it was more important to reassure Kemari right now. She turned back to her group waving off their concerns. She should probably explain that better later but she was too busy being star-struck by all of their transformations. She brought her fists into her chest before throwing them out in dual fist pumps up in the air.

“That’s so COOL. You guys look AWESOME.”

She stopped though as Yuu waved around her new gun with excitement. She gave the girl a big pat on the back proud of her. She heard Daichi’s voice though and was reminded of how often the other would bully Yuu. She pointed at Daichi before speaking.

“Now’s not the time for your bullying Daichi. You should be taking this more seriously right now. It's very important that we’re all working together.”

She heard Ritsu speak up and focused on her words. Okay, so there were two threats and a third unknown factor they needed more information on. She looked at her group. They were all standing strong. It was a good thing Suzu was in the mood to beat something up because she had a feeling they were going to need to.

“So then, bigger groups. Two targets and one to scout out… WELL! We’re off then! We’ll take the right two warehouses. Stay safe everyone, let us know if you guys need backup and we’ll come running! Yuu, Suzu, MariMari, Suya let’s get things done quickly and safely.”

She didn’t wait long before she started heading to face their first warehouse. Their team was already decided right? So then they were just burning moonlight if they didn’t get this done before they were all exhausted.

ATurei ATurei miki miki Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean Roda the Red Roda the Red Coyote Hart Coyote Hart

Imperator Atlas
SCENE:
Opening Night
PARTICIPANTS:
Opening Night

AnemoVictorious AnemoVictorious NimbusWing NimbusWing gxxberkit gxxberkit Nobody Special Nobody Special

The Imperator listens to the little fluffy thing's words with careful consideration, before looking at the various forming groups. He then waves to a few stragglers, gesturing them over, while he himself turns to Shiki and Yoko. And in particular, the imperious-looking Yoko. He replies to her own fury with a wink and a smirk, and a little wave from his waggling fingers. A princess, huh? It suited her perfectly, he supposed. He gives her one of his trademark teasing little grins, as he speaks up, amusement in his voice.

"Ah, the young mistress. I see your transformation is exactly as gaudy as one could expect it. The Gothic Lolita look is a little unexpected, I must admit. But it does make you look adorable."

His face turns a little serious now, as he looks over towards the warehouse with the... unknown that Ritsu had indicated, a thoughtful expression on his face. Yes. Best to see what was going on there before they engaged in force, he figured.

"The other groups can handle the easy jobs. I'm thinking we get together and scout out this particularly troublesome target, see how bad it's going to be, no? If we run into trouble, we can always run away."

KAWAGUCHI KEN
CS Link
SCENE:
Opening Night
PARTICIPANTS:
OPENING NIGHT
After the huddle broke, Ken let out a low whistle as he watched Moura don his bright armor. He then gave the younger boy a quick thumbs-up at the mention of his mother. "You got it. Make sure you stop by again after all this, yeah?"

Before he could get a response, Ken had his attention stolen by Nanami as she threw her arm over his shoulders. He turned to face her, and unlike usual, he didn't have to look too far down. This was the second time he'd seen her like this, but it still felt a little weird having her reach above his bicep. And that wasn't the only thing about her appearance that caught his eye.

Having his face covered made a number of things difficult, but he was pretty thankful for it right now. The visor did a great job of hiding his wandering gaze as he tried his best not to stare too much at the gaps in Nanami's outfit. Now really wasn't the time for that. He could do this. He was a gentleman with great willpower, and he'd show no weakness. He was just concerned that she might catch a cold. Yes, that was it.

"'Course we will! We got this! Just gotta watch each other's backs!" A small plume of fire shot from one of the exhausts on his suit as he tried to empty his mind and hype himself back up. Thankfully, a welcome distraction arrived to help with that.

When Masao mentioned his little lies, Ken was quick to correct her, pointing in the white knight's direction. "Not lies. Half-truths. Half-truths!" The distinction was very important.

The next distraction was not as well-received. A girl he didn't recognize demanded everyone's attention and gave out a plan of her own, expecting everyone to follow. Honestly, Ken didn't have any big problems with the plan, but he did have a problem with the girl's attitude. Nobody put her in charge, so she didn't have the right to go around barking orders. The closest thing the group had to a leader right now was Ritsu, and if he was going to follow anybody, he'd take the fuzzy ball over the alternative.

Ken would have said something, but Yuuka managed to sum things up pretty well. By the time he turned to get a look at the former team manager, she was already completely covered in pink. The look was definitely princess-like. It was like it came straight from one of the magical girl shows he watched with Chiharu on Sunday mornings.

"Yeah, you look great! Just make sure you only aim that thing at the yokai, 'kay?" While he wasn't as dramatic as Daichi, Ken understood where his friend was coming from. Yuuka probably just got carried away by the excitement, but a safety reminder never hurt.

Eventually, Ritsu rounded everyone up and gave out more information about what to expect. Only half of the warehouses actually had monsters inside, so not as bad as it could have been. Although, the description of the final aura was worrying.

Until now, Ken assumed Ritsu had all the answers, so it was as surprising as it was concerning to hear that she didn't recognize whatever she was sensing. Having everyone together to check it out was probably the right call, but there was an annoying thought at the back of his head that made him question if they'd be enough. Was there something besides yokai to worry about?

Lost in thought, Ken didn't notice Moura aiming for one of the warehouses until the boy was already on the move. Seeing that, Ken immediately sprung into action, sending all the energy in his brain to his legs. "Ah, wait up, MoMo! Na-chan, let's get moving!"

Taking a few steps forward, Ken looked back at Daichi. "C'mon, ChiChi!" His friend was still hanging around Masao's group, but knowing how quick he was, it probably wouldn't take very long for him to catch up.

BUDDING CARNATION!
SCENE:
Opening Night
PARTICIPANTS:
KEN!! & Cosmic Crusaders (Minus Kazu)
Opening Night

Yuuka set the gun back down at her side at Moura’s mention of her. As much as she wanted to bash Daichi with the barrel of the gun, the faith that Moura and surely, Ken to that extent, had in her ability to be a civilized girl stopped her in her tracks.

That was a wise decision, because quickly after Moura, Masao and Ken came to her defense. Plus, as an added bonus, Ken had answered her with a compliment! ‘Yeah, you look great!’—Ooh, that was going in her journal for sure!

As Masao scolded him, Yuuka turned her smug attention right at Daichi.

THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!! Hah, take THAT Daichi!!

Now confident in her abilities, Yuuka took in the rest of the mostly-transformed team. Only to find something of critical note.

...EHH!? SHE LOOKS JUST LIKE ME!!

Yuuka’s jaw dropped as she looked at Shiki, who had blossomed into her alter-ego for the first time just as she had. Her heart fell for a moment, but only a moment. Well, it doesn’t matter. As long as I’m the apple of Ken’s eye, it doesn’t matter if we look similar!

Yuuka nodded to herself, unaware about how ironic her statement was. Nanami should have thanked her lucky stars that Ken had a visor.

And then Ritsu started speaking. Yuuka’s excitement was quickly dulled by her worry. Of course—this was a serious situation, but Yuuka felt unprepared. She didn’t know how to shoot a gun, she didn’t know how to fight, and she wasn’t sure if she had the skill to pretend she did know half of what she was supposed to.

But as she looked at Masao, she remembered—having the courage to step up was half the battle. It couldn’t be too hard, anyway. Not harder than figuring out what the heck a contact play was.

But then Masao suggested going to the eerily clean and sturdy warehouse—the one that was supposed to be the most dangerous. As long as she was with Masao and Kemari, she felt safe, sure—but this was Yuuka’s first time transforming. Putting anyone in danger because she was inadequate wasn’t fair, even if she didn’t like half of them. It would make a horrible impression on all these people she didn’t know yet.

So Yuuka took a second to think. She assessed the warehouse before them, taking a moment to think critically. The most important thing she had ever learned from her beloved mahou shojou animes was that walking blindly into a dangerous situation was normally how people got captured. She couldn’t afford that—especially when Yuuka didn’t know how to diffuse a situation by herself.

But there was another option—finding another way in. Some of the shows did that, where one character thinks quick and finds another way in and catches the villain off-guard. And Yuuka was good at being discreet, or at the very least she thought herself to be. She was agile and silent on her feet. She had been climbing things she shouldn’t have been since before she could walk. She could find the way up a window, or smuggle herself in through a small crevice.

This was it—her way to help.

Yuuka walked up next to Masao with her gun gripped in both hands and a spark in her eyes. “Masa… I think I should try and look for another way in. What’s the phrase? The most powerful element is the element of surprise!” Yuuka held a thumbs up to Masao. “I may be new to this, but I promise to give it my best shot! Literally. Teehee~♪”

Black Lily
SCENE:
opening night
abandoned warehouse park, yamato outskirts
PARTICIPANTS:
all present cosmic crusaders (minus kazu)
opening night
Although covered with a visor, Nanami could feel Ken's eyes on her and she looked up with a smile under the assumption he was meeting her gaze, "Precisely~" There wasn't much more she could think to say, so she agreed and moved on, pulling her arm from around Ken's shoulders.

Nanami's attention was quickly stolen by the rest of the group, however, and she watched as the majority of them transformed. Seeing all of their transformations, she could feel herself getting frustrated, her jealousy spiking; she did her best to put a lid on that and bury it. There were more important things to deal with and Nanami's trivial feelings were not one of them.

Choosing to remain silent as things progressed, she observed. The stranger barking out orders caught her attention first, but that was quickly drawn away by Yuuka waving her gun around. Nanami took a step back, only slightly concerned she might try to use it on her and was relieved when Daichi commented on it. Perhaps he was a tad loud and dramatic about it, but Nanami couldn't fault him for reacting the way he did. Yuuka with a gun made her uncomfortable, too.

Suddenly, laughter escaped from Nanami and she had to cough into her elbow to cover it up. Masao's comment about Daichi's bullying and how they needed to work together startled her so much that she didn't know what else to do except laugh. It was the bullying comment that really got her, though, "A bit ironic when you really think about it..." she muttered, shaking her head slightly and trying to find something else to focus on.

The thought of trying to work with Yuuka made Nanami's chest ache. She didn't hate the girl, far from it actually, but she definitely did not trust her. Nana could manage some interaction, but to rely on Yuuka in a situation as dangerous as this?? That was asking far too much.

Thankfully, she didn't have to think about it for long when Ken called for her and Daichi by name and she turned her focus back to him, giving a nod of acknowledgment. Only then did she spot Moura in the back heading toward one of the warehouses, "He sure is enthusiastic!" Nanami mused, giggling softly.

Grinning, she gave a little salute to Ken and knocked him gently on the head, "See ya there, slowpoke~", and with that Nanami was off, running after Moura. Her wings didn't seem to weigh her down in the slightest and her footfall was light, leaving no tracks in the mud; if she made any sound it was drowned out by the rain.

Coming up alongside Moura, she slowed down to match his pace and leaned towards him, "So, which warehouse are we checking out first?"

Lucem Lucem Misuteeku Misuteeku Roda the Red Roda the Red

Last edited:
APEX [MACHI]
SCENE:
Opening Night
PARTICIPANTS:
Cosmic Crusaders, sin Kazu
OPENING NIGHT

Machi spent a decent amount of the planning time… well, standing there. She was listening to what everybody was dishing out, of course– but the suit of armor she donned gave no indication of that. To the others, she most likely looked like some sort of powered-down robot, idly sitting in place while awaiting someone to come over and flip her switch to bring her back to life.

Somewhere within all the spitballing that had been taking place, a fresh new face emerged. The red-clad girl startled Machi ever-so-slightly, though she showed no signs of it. It was like she suddenly popped up out of nowhere and started throwing plans around with the others as if she were there the entire time. Machi squinted at the girl from behind her dark visage. Who… was that? She shook it off for now– she had probably missed her on the walk here. She wasn’t paying much attention until that girl fell down, after all.

On the spur of the moment, a finger was pointed in Machi’s direction. Frantically, she snapped her head to look behind her, and then around her general vicinity– but no one was close enough for the girl’s finger to be inadvertently pointing at her. She was the one who didn’t have a group ready, which was painfully true.

The embarrassment. Machi could only pray that the limelight wasn’t now on her as she turned her back to the others to face the warehouses they would inevitably have to investigate.
...Sorry.” she muttered, slowly taking a step forward before she could gain any more unnecessary attention. She’d have to pick one to conquer right now– and whoever followed her, would follow her. “...I’ll just–

Before she could take another step, the fluffball’s familiarly high-pitched voice resonated within her ears– and her mind, too. She quietly followed along with the information Ritsu provided, taking note of the warehouses with enemies in them– especially the obviously-more-important one that the creature was seemingly unable to properly read. Her dark eyes remained on the farmost building for a bit, and that familiar feeling shuddered throughout her body. Something strong…

Just like that, a plan was in motion. One group started making their way to one of the occupied warehouses, and she remained with the others who had yet to move yet. The extremely tall, white haired monocle-wearing one suggested scouting through the ‘unknown’ warehouse– an idea that greatly tickled the judoka’s fancy. Without hesitating, she took another step forward, this time in the direction of the aforementioned building.

Yeah. Let’s see what’s in there.” She nodded, clenching her fists in anticipation. Ever since she started working in the family business, she’d had less and less time to experience the thrills of combat that she had grown so accustomed to in her earlier high school years. It was time for her to have that taste she’d been craving.

...Stay on your toes.

ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe NimbusWing NimbusWing gxxberkit gxxberkit AnemoVictorious AnemoVictorious

Princess Crimson
SCENE:
Opening Night
PARTICIPANTS:
Opening Night
During this period of time where Yoko - who had now unknowingly transformed herself into the brilliant Princess Crimson - had kept her eyes so sharply trained on her dreaded magician and rival who had stood before her. But in spite of her efforts to state that she was to silence the foolish man where he stood, it was instead the so-called Princess that was actually silenced, at least for a brief moment. Even in spite of the new guise that she was still completely unaware of, there was no doubt about it that it was still the very same Yoko Ishida underneath.

"J-just you wait for half a second, Ryoto!" She protested weakly, extending her hand out to point a dreaded finger towards the magician in question, turning her head away to try and hide what seemed to be a shy blush. Even despite not using any aspect of his newly gathered powers courtesy of his transformation, Ryoto could still go as far as to easily fluster the heiress to the Ishida name with his sly tongue as he could in the classroom. "Gaudy? Gothic Princess? Adorable!? Words that utterly do not deserve to be spouted from your mouth and your mouth alone! Have it be known, I will get to the bottom of this business and shut you up, snake!"

And it was that moment that she yet again turned to face her 'foe', still trying to hide the blush upon her face, but more determined to get to the bottom of the business that she found herself in than she ever did. Luckily, it was at that moment that she did uncover such mystery; one that didn't take a genius to figure out, to be certain.

Upon gazing on a perfectly intact lacy sleeve, Yoko's confident but enraged expression morphed into one of confusion.

"Hold on... since when is this wonderful outfit a piece of my wardrobe? This is not a part of the Ishida's linework of fashion... Just what in the..." Yoko looked down at her outfit, the first time that she had done so as well, only to discover what really was the hard truth. She hadn't just realized it until now, sadly enough. Her perfectly fitted and designed dress, unfettered by the terrible weather that befell her fellow students. And then she gasped.

So it was at that moment she was told the reality of the situation. She had no clue how this happened, or how she even transformed to begin with, but Ritsu's words rung true. She was a kick-ass and drop-dead beautiful magical girl. What said magic was? Yoko didn't know that either, but surely it was something that could have been of some nice merit, right? For now, though... it instilled a new confidence within Yoko even with her prior flustering.

She smirked, gave a flick of her hair, and crossed her arms as she looked over at her two rivals: the utter fool named Imperator Atlas, and the newly transformed Blooming Muse, the woman who was once her artistic 'rival' Shiki.

"Now now, you'll heed the words of moi; the Crimson Princess, Twilight Rose! The Lady of the Night and ever beautiful master of spectacle!" She haughtily cried out with a graceful twirl. "My advice as a Princess is sound and clear. We have no raw knowledge on what this foe is... as such an advisor has already explained, we would need to amass a greater team in order to scout ahead and uncover potential flaws in this enemy before we do battle!"

Was Yoko a tactical genius? No. Was she even a strong leader? Honestly, it was far from it. She was only echoing prior advice that was already given, but thankfully Yoko was getting up to speed... finally.

CRYSTALLINE EIDOLON
CS Link
SCENE:
Opening Night
PARTICIPANTS:
From cocoon forth a butterfly.

Along with Masao to the two warehouses on the right Suzume had no inclination for which one in particular to make target for her first assault. There is a thing about the desire to release one’s destructive impulse where finer tastes and preferences cease to matter. After all, she had no wish to kill or pulverize any in particular, only the thought to unleash, explode and relish the first taste of true freedom her limited physique had thus far forbidden. That is to say, she had no hate for the yokai, though it is safe to presume they are detestable creatures, no more than she hates slithering snakes that roam the wild, or the quakes that ever torment her country. Too far removed from her daily life they seemed a thing only of fiction, even as the many natural disasters going on around the world.

For all that reason, it would be very amiss to presume the sudden flash in her glittering eyes upon hearing Ritsu’s assessment of the warehouse was out of any malice or personal hatred. She simply said, “We go for the big one then,” because the stronger the foe, the greater should be the satisfaction of taking them down in one fell swoop! And she had no doubt in her ability to accomplish the task with style, whatsoever. The cautions voiced thus far had even less bearing on her than the harmless cold rain rapping on her floating mantle. And the only type of suggestion she would heed was the kind to add that extra dimension to senseless violence. So with glee, she answered Yuuka, “I like your thinking, Yuu-chan! The only thing funnier than our enemy’s face when we kick down their front door is when we strike from where they least expect. Let us go! Look out for any openings in the walls or roof, so long as we can drop through it onto that yokai resided yonder and give it a good thrashing!”

With both hands she set the cloak aflutter, and from underneath the rippling fabric, she pulled a long sharp shape almost indiscernible to the eyes, as strongly the object resembled the transparency and shifting brightness of the raindrops and the tiny puddles on the ground. A rapier of crystal.

Wielding it with ease, for light indeed it was, though without expertise, she trod enthused steps towards the rightmost warehouse.

CRIMSON BLITZER
CS Link
SCENE:
Opening Night
PARTICIPANTS:
OPENING NIGHT
There she goes again with that 'bullying' bullcrap, this was nothing new to Daichi, ever since he made it his mission to stop Yuuka's unsavory antics, Masao has for the most part been an annoying thorn to his side, causing the two of them to have confrontations in the past, both of the verbal AND physical kind. The saddest part was that he knew that if it wasn't for that creepy stalker she had for a BFF, the two could've been great friends. But as long as the gyaru supported her friend's creepy antics, their contentious relationship would have to continue as it currently stood.

"I'M NOT- Whatever, that doesn't matter right now, just be careful y'all, okay?" Hotheaded as he may be, Daichi still new that this was a new experience to some in the group in front of him, and a potentially very dangerous one at that (not that he was very experienced himself either) so as unnecessary as it may seem, it didn't hurt to encourage some precaution to the other group. He turned his head around as he heard Ken's calling, it seemed like the group already started to mobilize towards one of the warehouses that Ritsu detected as habitated. He looked back at the other group momentarily one more time. "Duty calls, See you guys in a bit!" Said Daichi as his gloved index and middle fingers touched his helmet, where the side of his forehead ought to be, before moving them forward with a flick of his wrist.

He was a bit behind, so Blitzer put in some effort in order to catch up with his group. He broke into a sprint, an unnaturally quick one at that, namely the main blessing given by his transformation, or at least that's what he was able to understand from it so far. Water splashed in quick succession with a high pitched sound as his feet landed hastily on the muddy, soaked soil. Eventually he reached Nanami and Moura, mananaging to catch what the former asked. He performed a front flip, leaping above the pair and landing in front of them, legs bent and a single palm placed on the ground. "Well! My gut is telling me..." He said as he stood up, throwing his arm back from across his chest, before dramatically pointing at the warehouse on the right. "THAT ONE!"

But then, he turned around, all exaggerated mannerisms from his body language now gone. "But uhhh, it can be the other one if you want" Said Daichi to Moura, now a bit worried he might have accidentally stolen his thunder.

Tateyuki Mitsurugi
SCENE:
Opening Night
Rightmost Warehouse, Abandoned Warehouse Park, Yamato Outskirts
PARTICIPANTS:
????
四面楚歌

Not strong enough. Not strong enough. He buried his sword into the beast again, and again, and again. It was no longer moving, but with every plunge of his blade, he could still feel weakness coursing through his very veins. It had not been perfect, he still hadn't the power to fight against the inequities of life itself. He screamed, he cried, but only silent sobs and shrieks escaped from his hoarse throat. It felt like gravel was shoved down his throat. Power. He needed more power. He needed more to protect everyone else. He needed more to take his vengeance up against the monsters. It didn't matter if it was Yokai, or those damned Oners, he needed power.

He snapped around as the door to the warehouse began to grind open. The light from the lampposts outside seeped in treacherously, drowning the dim one of the hanging fluorescent lights up above him. He could see several figures standing there. He couldn't make out their faces. Exhaustion was catching up to him, and his vision was starting to blur, his head starting to spin.

"Who..." His voice was more akin to a grimy groan, like pebbles scattering across the asphalt, his hair, dyed crimson in the blood that decorated the surroundings and his blade, hung wet and haggard over his face. He shook his head, grit his teeth, summoning his second wind. His sight slowly refocused on the group at the door of the warehouse. Masks, costumes, they were dressed impeccably, almost like...heroes of some sort.

Heroes. Those had powers. They were capable of fending off the evils of the world.

Then why? Why did they not come to help his mother? Why did they leave her to die?

The other people that had powers...those were the Oners. They were just as responsible for her death. He grasped at his sword, the slick wetness of the blood on his hand made him slip the first time. The second time proved more successful, and he wrenched it free from the body of the lifeless creature at his feet.

"You..." he steadied himself, placing his other hand upon the hilt, and gripped it hard. "You don't deserve to live." His sight blurred, and the tendrils of the miring thoughts began to encroach once more on his mind. They should die. They will die. He had to win. He had to become strong. He had to slaughter them all. He was surrounded by enemies, everyone was his enemy, everyone was against him. They would never understand. They could never understand. He would cut them down, all of them down. One by one, two by two, three by three, he would make sure that he was the strongest. Starting with these ones. These vaunted heroes. These Oners. Whatever they were, they will die.

Mother. Grant me strength.

He charged forwards, and thrust his sword forwards into the first figure that was fool enough to stand before him.

ORIO TETSUYA
CS Link
SCENE:
Opening Night
PARTICIPANTS:
OPENING NIGHT
Just as Tetsuya inserted himself into Masao's group, the Tyrant spoke up, her suggestion loud and abrasive, leaving no room for dissent. If Tetsuya was a more animated person, he could probably find the willpower to speak up against the idea. Still, given that he had a raging headache, Tetsuya didn't find that idea to be palatable. Instead, Tetsuya turned away from the Tyrant as if he wasn't acknowledging her. It was his way of expressing his own disagreement.

Masao seemed to be under the misimpression that Tetsuya wasn't capable of transforming. For a moment, Tetsuya was tempted to correct her, "No, it's just--"

Whatever. It wasn't worth the effort to do so. Tetsuya just took another swig of his alcohol and stuck his shovel into the ground as he waited for the final kinks of the operation to be sorted out. While he was sure there were better options than the one that Ritsu fielded, there didn't seem to be any inherent flaws and Tetsuya didn't think anybody could think of anything better. He was perfectly okay with going along with it.

"Sorry about the smell," Tetsuya said to Kemari, "I've got some perfume. I'll put on another layer."

From his bag, Tetsuya pulled out a bottle of cheap perfume, spritzing it over himself. He might've been a drunkard, but he was a functional drunkard. He needed to be on top of things, including smelling good enough that people didn't smell the alcohol. That was especially important for the teachers at school. Better for them to think that he was the kind of person to wear four layers of Axe Spray than someone breaking the law to get alcohol.

"Don't you all seem happy and full of camaraderie," Tetsuya noted to anybody who was willing to pay him any mind, "Make sure you all come back in one piece, okay? There's no shame in aborting a mission if it means being able to fight another day."

As he looked around, Tetsuya realized that despite his horror, he was surrounded by a beautiful sight. Shining armor and beautiful outfits adorned each of the school boys and girls. It was like something out of a manga. And all of a sudden, Tetsuya was aware of how he was the sole person who had not transformed. Tetsuya didn't often feel left out, but this once... it felt like he could've been a part of something cool and instead chose to stay home.

And so when Masao began moving her group towards one of the warehouses, Tetsuya succumbed under peer pressure. It was probably less embarrassing than he imagined, right? And if it was just as embarrassing, so what if people laughed at his appearance? He was going to need to reveal himself sooner or later. It was better to rip the bandage off now. Right? Right? Tetsuya could shatter a bottle at anyone who laughed at him. And so, halfway to the warehouse, Tetsuya stopped for a moment and began to chant.

"I call upon the power to change fate," Tetsuya's voice was no louder than usual, but it held a quiet determination. He lifted a hairpin with a cat paw on it and pulled back a lock of blond hair and forced out the rest of his incantation, "...Myah."

From his feet up, Tetsuya's drab school uniform gave way to a flowing white hanfu decorated with red and white roses. The yellow of his hair receded to become red, and almost as if by magic, it seemed to be more well groomed and neat. With a boing!, red ears sprouted out of his head, perking as they got accustomed to the improved hearing. In conjunction, from his tailbone, a sleek red tail emerged, proud and haughty even as it tried to hide between Tetsuya's legs.

"Don't perceive me," Tetsuya demanded when the transformation was over and he lifted his shovel over his shoulders to continue moving. But there was something about this new form that made the quiet rebelliousness against life that Tetsuya displayed vanish. He felt light on his feet, and light in the head. His pounding headache was gone. The drunkedness was gone. He had heard that some drunkards got more lively when they drank... was it like what he was currently feeling? It felt nice. Tetsuya smoothed back a portion of his hair and uncharacteristically grinned at Masao's group, "But if you must see me, be sure to shower me with compliments, myah~"

"Now, I heard that we're breaking through roofs?" Tetsuya asked, echoing Suzume's idea moments ago.

ATurei ATurei miki miki BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean

YOUR SUPREME LEADER: TYRANT
SCENE:
INAUGURATION DAY!
PARTICIPANTS:
COMRADES! PEONS! STAGEHANDS!
Opening Night
Pshh. Tough crowd. A mixed bag of being disregarded, booed, and… quietly applauded. Like a spoken poetry session, or a golf tournament, the applause was quiet— it didn’t seem like anyone verbally agreed, save for Masao and, despite her best interests, the Puffle.

It seemed like Ritsu’s final plan wasn’t too far off from Tyrant’s, only proving Tyrant’s prowess in tactics. A proud grin made its way onto the dictator’s face, despite being humbled only moments earlier.

She was motioned over by a guy that looked like a failed magician, and, since no one else had invited her to join them, she walked over.

Her eyes scanned the other groups as the magician spoke. One of the other groups had already taken the lead, heading to the powerful warehouse before Tyrant’s group had a chance to move. The third group seemed to just be heading to one of the goon-filled warehouses. Good for them.

Tyrant’s eyes snapped to the princess, followed by a clap in Yoko's face. “Keep up, your majesty! We’ve got another group already heading there. That’s twice the manpower.” She gestured to Masao’s group, who had already made their way to said warehouse— the door was already opening. “And, if we willingly let them go alone, that’s their blood in our hands. Besides, almost everyone else in this group already agreed. Machi's already started moving! We’re going.”

She took a sharp turn on her heel to face the rightmost warehouse. She unhooked her baton from under her skirt and pointed it forward. “Onward, march!”

Last edited:
THE HARBINGER
SCENE:
Opening Night
PARTICIPANTS:
Cosmic Cockroaches
CURTAIN CALL
A shadow took shape atop the crumbling warehouse. His silhouette cut a jagged contrast against the pallid glow, as the warehouse park's dim light cast its shadows across the stark white mask, a blank canvas, devoid of emotion, devoid of humanity.

Below him, they writhed. A den of Yokai, spirits of a forgotten world, swirling in a dance as old as time itself.

He crouched down atop the weathered rooftop. Now that he was closer, he could hear the cacophony. Within, they tumbled and shrieked, their unbridaled energy pulsating like a living thing, tangible and wild. A living tempest, a throbbing heart of darkness. Meanwhile... Before him, framed against the dim glow of lamppost light, the obstacles assembled. Bright stars against an endless void.

Anomalous.

Antithesis.

Ignorant.

They knew not that the world they sought to defend was far, far beyond salvation. Nor was it deserving of it.

This wasteland of greed, corruption, apathy. Stewards of the world?

No. Parasites.

Feasting on the earth, eroding its essence with their relentless pursuit of self-interest.

Humanity was a disease, a malignant growth that infected everything it touched with its malice and avarice.

One need look only at the harm they cause—to each other, and to the once-bountiful land that was their inheritance. No.

Humanity has corrupted the earth and, therefore, have forfeited their right to it.

There is purity in chaos.

These were the trueborn heirs.

Of the world, born from it, apiece with its inherent beauty, its magic.

They do not exploit, do not ravage. Harmonious, in a way humans could never achieve. Wild, untamed, yes, yet in their raw nature lies balance, a respect for the natural order of things, an order that mankind has cast aside in his hunger for more.

The only way that the land can heal from the scars inflicted by human hands, is for the blight to be excised.

The rot must be purged.

It is not a destruction, it is a cleansing, a necessary cull to restore balance. To usher in the dawn of a new era, where the world can finally find peace from the stain of humanity.

This is my absolution.

And yet... Their presence like embers sparking to life in the darkness. They were children playing at being saviors.

And yet... Despite his loathing, his gaze lingered. And yet.

The fabric of reality shivered. Not one, but two.

He breathed deep, inhaling the raw essence of the roiling entities below, their wild energy seeping into his very soul. Behind his featureless mask, his eyes took on a newfound fervor, a zeal that imperfectly mirrored the restless energy of the formless tide waiting to be unleashed. The world was sick, he reminded himself, infected by a disease called humanity. It required purging, a purifying fire to cleanse it from its sins.

We are the cure.

His fingers grazed the worn edges of his mask, the cool, water-stained surface a stark contrast against the now-feverish heat of his skin.

As their laughter and easy conversations rang out against the silence of the gloom, the warehouse beneath him quivered. They were blithe in their togetherness, effulgent beacons of misbegotten hope amidst the encroaching wall of night. Their youthful cries echoed upwards, light and oblivious, a reminder of their folly. They dallied, lingered in their own tiny worlds, too enamored of their own play at heroics to recognize the storm that was quietly brewing.

With a cold inevitability, he knew that this world would fall. Its guardians were woefully under prepared.

Without warning he stood tall, a looming sentinel, as a voice that was not entirely his own rang out. "Children of starlight, the path you tread," he began, his words echoing over the rumble of thunder, "leads only to ruin."

He tilted his head, the lamplight catching the edge of his mask. "You brandish your stolen power, believing you can stave off the inevitable. But stars, however brilliant, eventually burn out."

A crash sounded beneath him, unsteadying his feet. The monsters wanted out. They wanted to feast on starlight and flesh. To reclaim what was rightfully theirs.

"Can't you hear it? It is the sound of absolution. And you, with your fleeting sparks of resistance, stand in its way."

The warehouse door rattled violently as he spoke.

"To change, we must shattered the mold that was made for us," he continued, his voice a bare whisper against the howling wind and the thrashing of monsters. "The old world must crumble to give way to the new. It is the law of nature, the rhythm of existence. Your fight is not against us, but against the current of life itself."

He paused, letting his words hang in the air amidst the cacophony of crashes and roars. "The future cares not for heroes or villains, only the course it is set to follow. So, wage your battles, ignite your stars. The storm is coming, and it shall wash away all but the enduring truth: to resist change is to resist life itself."

As the last echo of his unfamiliar words faded into the night, the dilapidated warehouse doors were ripped open as though torn by invisible hands. From within, a torrent of flesh and rage poured forth, a seething mass of eldritch shadows and monstrous forms.

They were creatures of nightmares, forms pulled from the darkest corners of human fears and myth, their shapes as varied as the legends from which they sprung as they advanced on their adversaries, an unnatural sea of snarling beasts, slithering entities, and flitting apparitions, the air heavy with their raucous cries and the thunderous cacophony of their charge.

A beast the size of a large dog skittered out ahead of the pack. Its chitinous form gleamed in the pale lamplight, an array of razor-sharp limbs clicking against the concrete. Eyes, too numerous and too alien to belong to any earthly insect, blinked open, glowing a deep, malevolent crimson. A large, bulbous stinger swung haphazardly above its unsettlingly human-looking face.

Behind it, another form emerged. Long and sinuous like a serpent, it coiled and twisted in an undulating dance, its scales shimmering and flickering with an inner light, as ferocious spikes rippled like waves along its back. A pair of golden eyes, elongated and cat-like, burned like molten metal, fixating on the group with a predatory hunger.

Finally, a larger form lumbered forth, shoving smaller creatures aside, a monstrous silhouette that towered above the rest. A twisted parody of life, it was hulking and covered in a coarse, matted fur. Its head was a skull, crowned with massive antlers, and a pair of tusks jutted from a gnarled snout. Its eyes, a sickly, luminescent yellow, bore an unsettling intelligence.

Around and amongst these three, the creatures emerged in droves, the air around them crackling with potent energy. And all the while, the masked figure stood, the voice of command having left him once-again a silent, brooding, lonely figure atop the crumbling warehouse.

BLOOMING MUSE
SCENE:
Opening Night
PARTICIPANTS:
XX XX XXXX
Overwhelmed by the sheer speed of everything happening, she shuddered. It was hard to keep a solid head on her shoulders, everything was just... Well, it was a lot. And, just her luck, the scary one was coming to join their group AND they really going towards the scariest of the warehouses...! At least another group was going there as well, but still!

But there was no time to shudder in fear. Muse clutched the plastic bag containing Mew to her chest and whispered a prayer for her safety - and her teammates, too. Then, she took a deep breath and, like Tyrant had commanded, began to march towards the warehouse - even if her heart was telling her to march all the way home.

And then a voice rang out, reaching her ears and yet becoming static within her already filled mind. She did not stop, she kept marching - steady, no distractions, just continuing onward until she reached the other group and the opening doors, ready to face whatever may be inside.

But from the other warehouses erupted the youkai. Startled, Muse let out a shriek, dropping the plastic bag containing her most prized creation. But before she could pick it up, the plastic bag was torn to shreds - not by a beast, no, but a sudden surge of growth from the plush itself, which was now just about the size or a child. Her hands, shaking in shock, reached for Mew, but instead the toy began to float towards her, mimicking her actions

Muse blinked, trying to figure out what had happened before it hit her - perhaps Mew was her weapon. With new resolve as her beloved 'friend' would now stand beside her, she let out a breath and spoke softly. "I'm ready to face whatever is inside here." Whatever it was, she and Mew would help their comrades fight, for the sake of the world!

Lady Airi <Masao>
SCENE MUSIC:
PARTICIPANTS:
All Present Cosmic Crusaders
Opening Night

“Masa… I think I should try and look for another way in. What’s the phrase? The most powerful element is the element of surprise! I may be new to this, but I promise to give it my best shot! Literally. Teehee~♪”

She found herself nodding along to Yuuka’s words. It wouldn’t do them well to approach from the obvious entryway especially as she heard another group intending to do the same. No it was probably safer for both groups that they approached as a backup unit for whatever might be in there. The only issue was Tetsuya still hadn’t had a transformation of his own. Especially since Suzume was already thinking of thrashing them from above.

“We can definitely do that, Aki’s Group is already headed for the biggest one and I don’t know if they really know what they’re getting into it would help if we can support them-”

She would have brought up the fact that they needed to play defensive if not for the sudden transformation of Tetsuya. She spun on her heel as she took in how cute the transformation he was able to do was. Without missing a beat she heard the request for compliments and immediately folded.

“It’s sooooo cute Tetsuya! We’ll definitely manage to-”

Before she could manage to say a word more the eerie rattling of the warehouse doors caught her attention. She could hardly focus on what the rest of her team was saying as she watched the doors be ripped in two as three giant monsters came out from within the two warehouses Ritsu pointed out.

“GET READY THEY’RE COMING!”

With a shout to warn anyone in the vicinity who hadn’t initially noticed the approaching beasts she yanked at the chain attached to her belt. Soon she felt her power beating through her once more causing a echo in her chest as she began to put her all into lengthening the chain she could generate. She didn’t know what the others would be able to do but if she could keep its eyes on her she should be able to get enough openings for Yuuka to shoot it down.

She took the opening to run forwards and right trying to draw at least one of them to pay attention to her instead of her friends and cousin.

Her Group:
ATurei ATurei miki miki Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean Coyote Hart Coyote Hart

Other Group Also here?:
Roda the Red Roda the Red Lucem Lucem angel doe angel doe Misuteeku Misuteeku

Maybe in Sim's Warehouse?:
Nobody Special Nobody Special gxxberkit gxxberkit AnemoVictorious AnemoVictorious NimbusWing NimbusWing ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe PlusUltra PlusUltra simj26 simj26

Adversaries:
Elenion Aura Elenion Aura azenva azenva

SEAMSTRESS OF SHADOWS | kemari
SCENE:
Opening Night
PARTICIPANTS:
OPENING NIGHT
Black orbs behind jaded lids flitted this way and that with each person to open their mouth. She listened quietly and watched with easy-to-miss interest.

Calm at face—though, her heart aflutter in her chest—when Daichi appeared so closely so suddenly, Kemari gave the slightest shake of a nod she could manage to answer his question. Kemari will do her best.

His attention was diverted as quickly as it was hers, but the initial startle lingered and brought calculated breaths to and from her lungs.

The applaud of rain counted the seconds that followed before the groups were established and Ritsu’s final plan was laid out.

With no desire to take any leads or tug any reigns, Kemari stuck closely behind Masao and let her eyes wander until the quiet utterance paired with Tetsuya’s transformation drew her focus. She did a double-take, lips parting with restrained awe, “Ah…” After Masao’s own enthusiastic adoration, Kemari nodded in agreement. “Cute.”

However, at the same time, another voice, one more demanding, overpowered her own.

”Children of starlight,” it started. A speech followed, then with concluding words came the crash and outpour of Yōkai from one warehouse what’s door was all-at-once ripped apart like the giving way of a dam holding back an ocean.

Three of the Yōkai stood out amongst the rest. Hideous creatures, all of them.

Kemari was no brave warrior, but she wasn’t a coward either.

No… she was a coward, indeed, but she wasn’t a fleeing coward.

When Masao darted forth, Kemari hesitated for a breath. Her heart skipped a beat, but then she acted, letting her hand rise, palm down, in a relaxed fashion as she’d done before in practice.

Drawing from her own shadow which was cast by lamp-light across the cold, wet ground, when Kemari splayed and flexed her hand, black stems raced from the tips of her fingers toward the advancing army of Yōkai. Doing the same with her other hand, she crossed her arms, one over the other in an X formation, and began to weave the flexible strands of shadow into a complex web with another series of motions.

Clenching her fists, the webs became taut, trapping some of the Yōkai in place where they struggled and awaited execution by another.

Kemari was by no means adept with her powers. There was little she could do, but she felt glad she did it.

CRYSTALLINE EIDOLON
CS Link
SCENE:
Opening Night
PARTICIPANTS:
All Present Cosmic Crusaders
opening night

So it was chaos that Suzume’s first bold step towards her goal had invited. A force of hell burst the warehouse doors in answer to the challenge she issued. And she, spearheading the formation thanks to her imprudence and unwarranted temerity, bared her fangs. The translucent cloak fluttered behind her as a banner raised, her cause being havoc and a wild will set free.

Upon the roof, in all shadowed by the rainy night, a lone figure barked a speech of madness. If for a last-ditch effort to check Suzume’s courage and instill some senses into her raving brain that he had revealed himself, then he had utterly failed. It stirred the senseless girl even more, being but provocative oil to heart’s flame, brooding darkness to the glittering stars in her wake. Elsewhere, Masao was trying to divert the yokai, Kemari had entrapped some in her black web, but it was for the heart of darkness that Suzume had set her eyes, not for strategies and prudence.

“Come!” she cried, lifting her face skywards even as the army of misshapen creatures charged her way, “Come and give some confidence to your drivel! Or is this future you speak of so fragile you dare not invest your own safety in its machination? For it cannot be! A future that clashes with mine can never be! So raise an army if you must, call for hell’s madness and heaven’s wrath, not a one will withstand my advent! Only the future I have designed is a surety, the one absolute truth!”

But blinded in her skyward raving as she was, she had not seen a blade thrusting for her core until the last moment. She drew a sharp astonished breath, and not a moment too soon either; lightly the tip had rent the outermost layer of her chest ribbon before penetrating the thin air where her body had just now physically occupied. Yet all the sudden enemy had cut through were the raindrops freely falling through her image.

Cursing, Suzume leaped away from the blade and exhaled. The rain wetted once more her dancing cloak. Before her stood a blood-soaked swordsman, the author of her ragged ribbon.

“Aside, you trash! It is your pompous boss I must impale!” half-maddened by the uninvited surprise, Suzume roared. With rage but little skill, she drove her rapier at the yokai, “Not some lowly mook!”

Elenion Aura Elenion Aura simj26 simj26

APEX [MACHI]
SCENE:
Opening Night
PARTICIPANTS:
Tateyuki
OPENING NIGHT

Despite the tough act she had put on, it was nearly impossible for Machi to feel absolutely zero unease as she got closer and closer to the dreaded warehouse. With every step, her heart began to beat faster as adrenaline began to course through her veins. However, her burning fervor for a fight was still stronger than any fear she had, so she was able to continue forward without hesitating at all.

Machi couldn’t help but be curious about her ‘teammates’, who couldn’t be too far behind her. She didn’t know a single one of their names, so she was too timid to speak to them. Plus, while she wanted to stop and take a second to introduce herself (and hopefully get them to follow suit), she was already a few inches away from the warehouse. As a matter of fact– her hand was already on one of the rusted doors, causing a loud, grinding noise as she pushed both of them open.

… Wait, what?

As soon as she had realized that she had been briefly lost in thought, she quickly got on guard. If she could have face-palmed herself at that moment, she would have. Really, Machi? She mentally scolded herself for her dim-witted thinking. Daydreaming like that in a situation like this? She chalked it up to hunger, and promised herself that she’d get a nice burger after this was all said and done– that was, if she could react to the sword that was headed straight for her, of course.

… Wait, what–

Her steel-plated forearm immediately shot downward, deflecting the blade with milliseconds to spare. Without wasting another second, she swiftly reached forward, grabbing onto the attacker’s clothing and setting up to take them down. A multitude of throws and takedowns scrolled through the girl’s mind for a second, before finally landing on the most effective one for her hand placement– osoto-gari. However, a brief glance at the perpetrator’s face caused the judoka’s hold to falter.

It’s… you?

Instead of slamming the familiar face onto the ground with the painful throw, Machi now opted to gently shove him back, creating a safe distance between the two. Behind her armored visage was a puzzled expression. Why is Mitsurugi here? She couldn’t risk physically revealing herself to him, considering she still had no idea what might have still been in the warehouse. She could only hope that her brief display of judo and her voice would be enough to drill the fact that she was a friend and not a foe into the boy’s head.

...Why are you here?” She inquired, still keeping her guard up just in case he tried to turn her into a Machi-kebab again. “You’re… covered in blood…

…While she waited for an answer, Machi awkwardly shook her hands– crimson droplets flying off and hitting the ground beneath them. Gross…

ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe NimbusWing NimbusWing gxxberkit gxxberkit AnemoVictorious AnemoVictorious simj26 simj26

GM/Scene Post
SCENE:
Opening Night
PARTICIPANTS:
Opening Night

Never make plans. The universe is lazy, and will just take what you think will go wrong instead of getting its own ideas. The idea was to stomp on some fresh born young yokai. The power coming from this place was weak and immature, last time Ritsu checked. The hope was that whatever was incubating here would stay weak.

Never hope that a plan will go right.

At least more of them were figuring out how their powers worked. The drunk guy (who Ritsu still suspected was only picked by the hand of fate to fill a quota) finally transformed as well. If Ritsu had hands, she would have been clapping.

The unreadable warehouse was unexpected, but she could hardly tell her merry band of misfits to turn around because of a weird house. So her soldiers took the lead instead and marched themselves into the fire. Or sword, as Ritsu sensed that two of them had seemingly both dodged being skewered by one thrust by the skin of their…well, not teeth. So much for swarming the last fight. Considering that one of the fighters that had volunteered themselves into the meatgrinder was currently raving like a lunatic, defensive stall tactics were not on that group’s mind. As for who the madwoman was yelling at…

“Children of starlight.”

The universe was getting creative.

Being squished in the arm of Moura made it hard to turn towards the masked speaker, but Ritsu’s ears perked up to listen to the new problem. The guy monologued at the group a bit before letting the dogs out for a walk, all the while remaining on his perch. Creatures not to be perceived by a normal mortal’s eye, not fully developed but some clearly more advanced than expected.

Ritsu swore a little bit, like how there’s a little bit of sand in a desert. After her one simile long temper tantrum had concluded, she took a deep breath. As quietly as could still be heard with the wind howling, the fluffball suggested that the group take action.

“I don’t know if the people working at the car dealerships you go to take the display vehicles on joyrides, but I don’t see them use their cars all that often. I can’t use the power, I just dispense it. Kill those things. Please.” Ritsu could show her weak hand to her allies, but the intruder might need a little bluff to convince them to leave. Though Ritsu wouldn’t be too surprised if the masked man heard her little “encouragement” over the storm anyways.

Throughout the night, the tempest had been content with its torrent and gale. That was until its first bolt of lightning finally touched down out of sight, when the storm brought yet another instrument into play. The whipcrack of thunder spurred the beasts into action, and the yokai, like a tide, rushed towards the magical boys and girls.

The waves may be frightening, but they shall be broken upon the shore.

Tateyuki Mitsurugi
SCENE:
Opening Night
Rightmost Warehouse, Abandoned Warehouse Park, Yamato Outskirts
PARTICIPANTS:
????
四面楚歌

"You…? Machi…?" His voice and his grip on his sword quivered. Her face, her boyish hair, her devotion to the art were all memories in his mind. Try as he might to push away all those he held dear in his heart, they still remained as part of him. His vengeance was not only for his mother, it was for them as well. He had to protect all of them. Machi, Ken, the others, all of them. Was she truly behind that helmet…? No, it can't be. It couldn't be her. She wouldn't be one of them.

He steadied his grip and his breath. This was some wicked trick by the Oners. How dare they? How dare they use the voices of the people he used to care about against him? He'd show them the errors of their actions. They would not use the voices of the people he once cared for against him like this. He would not fall to their lies. He took a step back, and sheathed his sword.

“Don’t you dare speak with her voice, monster!” he spat. “I’ll make you regret this trespass in your next life!” He stepped forwards, and his blade sliced through the air, with a speed almost imperceptible to the naked eye.

ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe NimbusWing NimbusWing gxxberkit gxxberkit AnemoVictorious AnemoVictorious Nobody Special Nobody Special

ORIO TETSUYA
CS Link
SCENE:
Opening Night
PARTICIPANTS:
OPENING NIGHT
How strange. Tetsuya's skin practically prickled from the praise and compliments being showered from Kemari and Masao. He knew he would be curling up in a ball in shame if he was himself. But in this new form, Tetsuya almost felt a newfound confidence. He was sure to regret it when he transformed back though. That was for future him to deal with though.

"Thank you thank you," Tetsuya said softly. The enjoyment quickly changed to annoyance as he noticed the masked man. What right did he have, getting in their space? What right did he have telling them that they were wrong? Tetsuya might've lacked the same conviction to do what was right, but what his friends were doing was respectable. But he was unable to think of a proper retort to the masked man's excuses. All he could say was, "Myah, plenty of things are against nature and they've prevailed nonetheless. Why shouldn't my friends be any different?"

With that, Tetsuya set his eyes on the rabid yokai that the man set on them. Tetsuya could tell that his transformation lacked any of the more offensive capabilities that those not in Masao's group had. But he didn't need that. He had his trusty shovel.

Tetsuya had been hoping that his foes were monstrous-looking. The tinge of the uncanny valley made it very difficult for Tetsuya to gather his nerve and fight Aside from his middle school bullies, Tetsuya didn't think he had much of a capacity to kill. Yet, if he was going to survive this night, he was going to have to draw upon every ounce of that capability.

The catboy bounded forward in tandem with Masao. Thanks to the enwebbing from Kemari, a few of the yokai acted as excellent warm up. Tetsuya raised his shovel and slammed the flat of it against the yokai's head. Then twice for good measure.

"So much for the element of surprise," Tetsuya said as Suzume and Machi went ahead of them. If they were going to be in the front, then it was Tetsuya's job to ensure that their backs were guarded.

One of the yokai swiped at Tetsuya, and surprising even himself, Tetsuya deftly leaped over the attack to deliver a stab with the pointy bit of his shovel into the jugular of the monster, letting it bleed out to death. Yes, that was right. If he didn't fight back, then he would be mincemeat. And it wasn't the death that scared Tetsuya, it was the pain.

Tetsuya was already out of breath from a few attacks. He was definitely out of shape. He turned around to ask Masao, "Doing alright?"

Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Elenion Aura Elenion Aura ATurei ATurei

Black Lily
SCENE:
opening night
abandoned warehouse park, yamato outskirts
PARTICIPANTS:
all present cosmic crusaders
opening night
(i hope you all enjoy this absolute nonsense. i really do be saying shit sometimes. this is my worst post yet <3)
-- -- --

A stranger monologued at them, which was quickly followed by waves of Yokai bursting forth from the warehouses they had been trying to sneak(?) into. Nanami wasn't sure if one could call what they were doing 'sneaking', but an effort was certainly made.

Now wasn't the time to be thinking about that, however. The yokai were released and swarmed them without hesitation, in response to this Nana did what she could to get rid of any that got too close.

The larger ones would definitely be a problem, with a mere glance one could tell they were more advanced than the rest, but surely if they worked together they would be able to take them down...

...Right?

Nanami's grip tightened around her weapon, anxiety spiking as she cut down each of the smaller yokai that found their way to her. Would they actually be able to work together long enough to eliminate this threat? How were they going to do this? They had no time to really discuss a plan of attack, either, so they were more or less flying blind.

Nana cringed, disappointed in herself for thinking so negatively. This group was rather dysfunctional, sure, but as long as everyone made an attempt to work together, they would succeed. They had to.

"There is no room for failure." She whispered to herself, slicing through more Yokai as she tried to think of ways they could handle this without any loss of life or severe injury.

Nanami's eyes darted to the other students any time she slaughtered an enemy and had a moment to spare before another attacked, "So, uh, does anyone have a new plan?" She leaped backward, narrowly avoiding being struck, "Or are we just going to brute force it and hope for the best?"

Nana prayed it wasn't the latter.

Last edited:
KAWAGUCHI KEN
CS Link
SCENE:
Opening Night
PARTICIPANTS:
OPENING NIGHT
Like an armored oni with its mighty club, Ken swung his weapon in a wide arc. Thunder crashed as the bludgeon met its mark, leaving one of the many smaller yokai with a deep impression in its malformed body as it was sent flying toward the masked man who stood atop the weathered warehouse. As it whizzed by the gabby stranger, Ken raised his tetsubō, aiming its heart-marked cap at him in the wake of his homerun.

"Enough already! You're giving me a headache!" The guy kept talking nonsense. A lot of it didn't make any sense, and the things Ken could actually understand just sounded like the stereotypical rant of a Saturday morning anime villain. There was a lot to digest all at once, and it would all probably come up again in the near future, so he wouldn't just dismiss it as nothing. However, that would have to wait for another day. Right now, he had to focus on the immediate threats and make sure everyone got through the night safely. Nothing else mattered.

Promptly ignoring the phantom of the opera, Ken focused on the surrounding yokai. Everyone was at risk of being swallowed by the swarm, and that was only the least of their worries. There were still three larger ones that definitely looked like major problems. If his past experiences taught him anything, the ugliest of the bunch would be hard to put down without some kind of plan.

Choosing to act quickly, Ken clipped his weapon to his belt and pressed his palms against the ground. In response to his movements, the exhaust pipes on his suit shifted slightly, aiming ahead at the wave of incoming enemies. Trying to keep his focus in the tense situations, he took a deep breath and willed a magical force to emerge.

Cool air rushed out of his suit, contrasting the lively flames shown earlier. As the temperatures quickly lowered, ice began to form, freezing over parts of the ground and the pools of water created by the heavy rain. With each passing second, the size and radius of his chilling wave increased, trapping some of the weaker yokai and keeping them from progressing. It also served to split the three massive ones from each other, the ice acting as dividing lines in the field to make things more manageable. It was messy, uncontrolled work, but it managed to get the job done.

Unfortunately for Ken, the yokai weren't the only ones affected by his cold touch. Several of the exhaust pipes on his suit had frozen over, and frost began to spread across his limbs. He could feel himself shiver, and in response, he tried to raise his temperature, calling forth a fire that could get him back in tip-top shape. It worked to a certain extent, but it would take some time for the heat to fully melt what remained.

Not taking a single moment to rest, he stamped his weapon into the ground again, letting the sound of metal meeting earth ring loudly. "Everyone pick your mark! Try to focus on one of the big guys while the little ones are busy!"

The only strategy that came to mind right now was trying to divide and conquer. Now that the biggest problems had been cut off from each other, he was hoping that it'd be easier for the groups to take them down one by one. At the very least, it could buy them some time until a better plan came along.

"ChiChi, MoMo, Na-chan! Let's aim for the huge furry one!" The undead elephant-looking thing seemed like the most trouble, so he thought it would be best if it was handled by the people he knew had prior experience fighting these things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back