• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern New Oasis: Academy

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Yuuko Shibuya
PARTICIPANTS:
Jay( angel doe angel doe )
Later That Night

Oh no. Her roommate was trying to sleep through them? She’d definitely managed to make herself an annoyance. Now how was she going to manage to make friends with her. Or worse what if they got into fights? She’d pretty much only made friends with Ema and Jason. Wait she was friends with them right? Oh no she was spiralling again. That thing was going to eat them and then friends wouldn’t even matter in the long run would it.

She started to do her deep breathing exercises to avoid her potential going haywire. The last thing she wanted was to add violence to disaster.

“Right… I’m sorry.”

She grabbed her pillow once more clutching it to chest wishing they were allowed to bring more things to this place. Her art set wasn’t exactly a comfort item. She didn’t think with the competence her roommate was showing that Jayden would have needed it.

“What if what’s making that noise is some type of violent creature? Wouldn’t it be best to just try to contact the staff? Oh what about curfew what if we get in trouble? Should we try to shout for someone?”

She half wondered if she could just collect some of the other girls and them barricade up the biggest room. Maybe the answer was just to make the worlds biggest sleepover to keep safe. Surely the staff couldn’t fault them for trying to have safety in numbers right?

“Maybe we should ask around if any of the other gals heard anything?”

IVAYLO VODENICHAROV
CS Link
SCENE:
Later That Night
Ivaylo's Bedroom, Boys' Dorms, 12th years floor
PARTICIPANTS:
Ivay ft. Intrusive Thoughts and The Sounds tm
Later That Night

What the hell was wrong with that asshole

Ivay's feet tapped against low ceiling above him, or rather the bottom of the top bunk which served as such. His head rested atop a soft pillow, long, snowy locks of hair sprawling all over the length and width of the bed like the roots of a seasoned oak tree taking over its vicinity. His rosé irises focused down on the natural dark imperfection on one of the above bunk's wooden planks, all the while his mind drifted away into recollections of the day.

From the disrespectful fucks that were Kasha and Kina and their lack of simple conversational etiquette, to the grating and obnoxious Dexy, to the friendly and likeable Everly. The crowds that seemingly were going to surround him for the next year were certainly going to be something of a mixed bag as a whole.

But the negative highlight of the day as a whole would doubtlessly have to be that Eustass boy. Undeniably the biggest dickhead in town, or rather, in the castle. Even for a moment the ivory-haired youth thought he was going to be attacked! That minature pepper man was a menace that would not feel too out of place wearing a muzzle. Ivay himself recognized that he had his own venom ready to deliver at any moment. But the distinction between him and the savages was actually being able to hold it in. After all, even the assholes were potential sources of affection in one way or another, and Ivay had no plans in letting better relationships slip out of his grasp, ESPECIALLY considering how he was more or less stuck with the other students until the next year. The saving grace of it all was that he did not find himself having to share a room with the red rascal, but on the other hand, he was not assigned to share it with anyone at all. It was only Ivay himself with his own thoughts, a scenario with a tendency to escalate for the worse, should it remain unsurpervised for long.

Luckly enough, the intrusive thoughts had little in the way of time to slither in. As echoes of a noise from beyond the walls surrounding Ivay reached his sensitive, highly acute ears. From his position, as well as the auditory capabilities of his beast-like ears, Ivayo could catch the sounds in unsettling detail. "What the fu-" The nigh otherworldly sound of nearby weeping afflicted the boy with a sense of dread, a high-pitched yelp escaping his lips as he grabbed onto the edge of his covers, blocking the majority of his body with them, as his eyes remained locked with the direction the sound was coming from.

"A-Ahahahaha...I-It's probably rats or something I'm sure, must've done a piss-poor job at fumigating" He said to himself and only to himself, a visible drop of cold sweat running down his side as he shrugged awkwarly, small, cute canine peeking out from his open smile.

But the sound continued, a cacophany of voices and everyday percussion echoing past the thin walls of his room, his smile disappearing as the dread accumulated.

"Oh I know! It's my nerves!" He uttered as he jumped out of his bed, crossing his arms and nodding his head as he stood on the middle of the room. "You know what they say, moving in is one of the strongest causes of stress for the average person! Not to mention I'm just really excited because of all my new friends!" He forced a trembling giggle out of himself as his knuckles rested on his hips, leaning his torso to one side, and then to the other. "All the stress is making me hear things, and I just know what to do!"

He let his body drop forward, like a door which hinges had just broken off. His fall was then stopped by his palms firmly landing on the floor. "I just need to tire myself out! Uh-huh, that's all I need to do!"

Enthusiastically, he begin performing a long series of push-ups, hoping that fatigue might chase the (alleged) hallucinations away.

-Full sleepwear set (shorts)

Interacting: No one

Last edited:
Hatsumi
SCENE:
Later That Night
Cree & Hatsumi's Dorm; Rosengarten Castle
PARTICIPANTS:
Cree
LATER THAT NIGHT

THUNK. . . !

She was dreaming.

THUNK—THUNK. . . ! !

She was dreaming. Reminiscing. Going back to the droning of dragonflies overhead and the bare glimpse of leafcutters, half swink, ants forming a straight line under her shade. Her nails black with a mingle of dirt and mud, fingers splayed on the quilt of snaking tree roots on the floor— they were worker ants, taking rows upon rows of fresh ferns back to their colony.

She was dreaming, back home.

The imagery in her dreams had a lack of feature to it, all faceless shapes and memories blurred smooth, yet she somehow still remembered the ants in detail.

THUNK—THUNK—THUNK. . . ! ! !

She remembered the flannel moth’s too, like squiggly, shriller tinsels of fur worming their way across the shape of a tree. She remembered, also, the wingspans of feigned predator eyes the butterflies carried. She remembered nightfall. Shadow. Water; water with glisten; water with murk. Footfalls. Something swinging on the lush, above in the vines. Something else rumbling a growl, like it were waiting for the thing swinging on the vines to come down.

Ebbing noises, sights.

This dream in particular had her looking back at that one rainfrog that kept following around, hopping on her shoulder. Same way those tinier, feeble frogs would seek out protection in bigger predators. Symbiotic relationships, mother had read her a book about that. Tiny frogs, giant spiders. She figured the thing was almost half-expecting that she too would lay eggs he could protect as a pay for her refuge.

Human people didn’t lay eggs, sadly. She wasn't a spider. She remembers scaring it off with the THUNK—THUNK—THUNK—THUNK. . . ! ! ! ! of her tail whip-cracking against a tree.

“G—huuuh…?” — Her tail smacked a dull THUNK against the wall again, restlessly.

The salamander took in the world with weary, drowsy eyes. Half-conscious, up and out of reverie. She lay there waiting to see why her trusty tail had snapped her awake for. Then the air felt like it were shivering in upon itself, waning, a cold rush that made her shoulders shrink— she immediately shot up from the blankets when she heard it, suction pads sticking her stiff to the roof like a feral cat sinking claw into couch.

Hatsumi had shove a terrified croak under her rolled up blue-tongue.

Thunk—Thunk. . . ! — Her tail warned her again.

“What was that…!?” She felt like tree roots and underbrush tangled up in her throat, she wanted to cry her eyes out. It didn’t help that she’d heard that blood-curling sound so sharp in her ears. Her tongue rolled out, tangled in her mouth— Hatsumi finally let that croak out, trying to get her roommates attention.

They hadn’t talked much aside from a few introductions; she’d only told her that her name was — “Hat-soo-mee.” — and that she liked sleeping on the upper bunk; but that noise was starting to bring out the hidden socialite inside her.

She eased down from the roof, a gleam of silvery moonlight crept in behind her from the blinds. She dropped, on all fours, swiftly snaking over to Cree’s bedframe — “Roommate…” — She called out, — “Roommate…”She called out for emphasis.

“Did…did you hear that?” — The long shadow of a tail crept up from under Cree’s bed, wondering, weighing whether or not tapping her shoulder was worth the risk of losing ‘good-roommate-points.’

gxxberkit gxxberkit

EVERLY CLARISSA HARTINGALE
SCENE:
LATER THAT NIGHT
PARTICIPANTS:
Dexy, Kina
LATER THAT NIGHT WITH..... DEXY (send help)

Focusing on the words before her had proven to be much more of an arduous task with the incessant snoring of one of her roommate’s filling the air. Everly had had so much hope for a mental respite that was just within reach once Dex had finally fallen asleep… but that shred of light had been snuffed out when the girl started loudly, borderline violently, snoring and sleep talking.

Eve wasn’t sure that Dexy even knew how to embrace moments of silence. Not while awake, not while asleep. With a sigh that could only be characterized as one admitting defeat, Everly sank further into her pillow and lifted the blanket over her knees before resting the sprawled open book securely against them.

The attention that had once been on those pages soon drifted off to the day she’d had. A day full of surprises and adjustments. A day that had granted her a new friend. A smile began to tug at her lips as the image of Ivay popped into the forefront of her mind. They’d spent a majority of the day together. With certainty Everly could say that her favorite thing about the boy was…

" …. His fluffy ears? " Dexy’s mumbled words entered her mind and Everly sprung forward when she echoed her roommate's words.

No! I didn’t mean… “ She finished her thoughts off audibly as if caught in some sort of confession. She shook her head about as a tinted shade of pink crept onto her cheeks. “ Dexy said it! “ Eve whined aloud to the universe, groaning as her face found itself planting into the welcoming pages of her book.

Apparently whiplash was something Everly was going to have to get well acquainted with because a lowly groan throughout the halls was met with Dexy’s horror movie style scream. Eyes that had glued themselves to the door for a couple seconds soon found themselves watching Dexy’s theatrics with dumbfounded awe.

I don’t think we’re supposed to….. “ Eve started off, feet barely making a noise as they planted themselves at the foot of her bed to watch Dexy unceremoniously exit their room with a humorous kick that swung the door open.

Hey, wait! “ Eve called out worriedly as she placed the book neatly atop her pillow. For a split second, Everly considered bringing it as a weapon but couldn’t stomach the idea of damaging a precious book.

Everly looked over towards Kina, a pleading look being screamed silently within her gaze before she followed after the Queen of Torment.

Dexy… Dexy! “ She hissed out, voice getting unnaturally quieter once they were outside the safety of their dorm room. However safe it could really be deemed. Those strangely colored eyes widened behind her glasses, mixed with fear of getting in trouble and fear of whatever was waiting at the end of Dexy’s current warpath.

Maybe we should look for a teacher or one of the twins… surely that would be wiser than exploring this… rather creepy hallway and going straight towards an even stranger sound that we have literally zero idea what made it…. “ She tried to reason with the other student but she knew it would be completely in vain. She had to try though, right?

" You know whatever it is certainly stands no chance against you... so let's just turn back and show it some mercy! You seemed like you were having such a lovely dream. You should go back to it! " A different approach that would probably yield zilch, nada, nein results. Even if said dream was extremely questionable.

AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa azenva azenva Roda the Red Roda the Red

Last edited:
Cree H. B. Stave
SCENE:
Later that night...
PARTICIPANTS:
Hatsumi
LATER THAT NIGHT...

Cree hadn’t gone to sleep. Instead, her mind had been wandering for whoever-knows-how-long. Thoughts after thoughts came and went, keeping the door shut and refusing to make way for real dreams.

They weren’t bad thoughts, though.

Sweet daydreams made their way through her head. Mainly thoughts of the sea, the salty blue waves going on for miles. The boat ride today was so exciting— it reminded her of what she loved most.

Pirates!

The ‘shink’ of a swordfight between the captain and whom she was plundering echoed through her head. The ‘thunk’ of her roommate’s tail only added to the scene, becoming the sound of the boots stomping harmoniously about the deck. As the thought became more exciting, like a movie reaching its climax, she sat up, her feet kicking at her blankets. Her hands clenched into fists, shaking with anticipation.

“Yes, yes, yes! You got this!” she mouthed silently. The captain of the imaginary pirate ship had pinned an imaginary plunder-ee, about to plunge her cutlass into their chest when—

An eerie, otherworldly noise groaned through the halls, pulling Cree from her fantasies. Her golden eyes trailed to the door, her hands dropping to her sides.

A dumbfounded expression had taken over her face.

It seemed that her roommate heard it too, as when Cree looked over to her, she was now on the roof, like a frightened cockroach.

The lizard made its way over to Cree and, after a glance between the door and her roommate, they made eye contact.

“I’m awake!” She nodded, easing what had seemed to be a notion that Cree was still asleep, and then nodded again, this time referring to her question— “I did hear it.”

Cree pushed herself off her bed, tip-toeing over to the door and cracking it open. With one eye, she peered out into the hallway. There was nothing out there, so it must've been from somewhere else... “What do you think it was? It sounded…” she thought… “weeeeeird.”

Haze- Haze-

Last edited:
LESLIE BELLADONNA
SCENE:
Later That Night
PARTICIPANTS:
Ema, Leslie
Later That Night...

The cards were not reading right. Wheel of Fortune. Wheel of Fortune. Wheel of Fortune. No matter how many times she consulted and reconsulted the cards, there was nothing else to be gleaned from the powers that be. A question mark hung in the air of the empty room that she had retreated to when she was finally released from her leash. There hadn’t been much need for exploration or mingling with the crowd. She had always been the reclusive type after all, if the bangs over her eyes had not been enough of an indication of her withdrawal. Let the others have their time in the sun. She would only cast a dreadful shadow over them, unable to experience the same experiences they had, and always keeping them wary of what they could or could not say in front of her. The apologetic ‘I’m sorry’s and her replies of ‘It’s okay’s had become so tiresome, and she was sure it was as well for those around her.

She shuffled her cards again, planning to store them somewhere, and flop down onto her bed, staring up at the ceiling that she was sure was there. Fate declared otherwise, however. The door to the room opened, and a few cards fell out of the deck. “Oh!” she exclaimed, and stooped down to pick them up. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry. How clumsy of me.” She slipped the cards back into the deck. Temperance. Star. Hanged Man. A sign? A reading? Maybe not. Just some average misfortune.

She felt around the bed for her pillow, and then shoved the cards underneath it. “It’s huge! It’s really big! I think I would get lost here if I weren’t careful!” She replied cheerily to her roommate’s question. Uncertainty. She could sense it in her voice. It was the same with many others. She wasn’t exactly a small, cute girl, after all. Her prodigious size and her draconic wings and their accompanying grasping claws did little to not dissuade others from approaching her. At this point, she was unsure if her own friendly persona was simply a mask to ensure her own survival.

She couldn’t continue to put on that act, if it were one, if she wanted. She shot up from the bed, her body poised towards the door, her wings spreading out, covering the room, and shielding her roommate. She couldn’t have missed it, even if she tried. Of the very few things she was proud of, one of them was her unparalleled hearing. “Yes. I did,” she said quietly. Her wings closed up, their claws resting back on her shoulders after she was sure there was no imminent danger, and she started towards the door, then stopped. One more card was at her foot. She picked it up, and turned it over in her hand. The Fool. Reversed.

She was quiet for a moment, and then pocketed the card. A draconic hand waved over to her roommate as she continued towards the door. “You wanna check out what that was? My name’s Leslie, by the way. And I’m in a mood for some adventure.” She offered what could be construed as a smile at the blurred image of where she thought her roommate was.

miki miki

Last edited:
SANTIAGO DE LEÓN
PARTICIPANTS:
Jason, León, Luka
LATER THAT NIGHT
What a day. León laid back on his bed, twirling the matching wooden chibi charm of him around his fingers before he wrapped it around the bedpost and fully committed to lying down.

He had forgotten how comfortable a real bed felt like. The plush warmness that coddled his joints, unlike the scratchy mattresses that he had dealt with in the past. There was no rock hard floor beneath him, no rush of cold winter air forcing him to pull his covers closer. The air was still, none of the rocking of the cargo trains and the loud ruckus.

Sleep should've come easily, but León was still up, thinking about the things that had happened. He had nearly effortlessly made friends, one of which turned out to be his roommate. He had easy access to food, running water, and a bed-- although the food wasn't as good as some of the street food that León had in the past, and a bed was far more boring than traveling around Amestria.

The other roommate-- it seemed that he was bunking with three people-- proved to be less chill than Jason. Luka was his name, an affectionate little gremlin that refused to leave León's side. Like a wasp that won't leave you alone. León wasn't a fan of Luka, but he thought that he could deal with him... maybe.

Once the thoughts had run their course, León finally began to drift off to sleep. But as he basked in the silence, he couldn't help but hear the faintest sounds echoing through the dormitories. Sobbing, like that of someone who had nowhere else to go. Feet shuffled against the floorboards. Perhaps it was a fellow troublemaker? But then why the crying?

León's body screamed out in protest as he left the warm comforts of his bed, tiptoeing across the room so as to not rouse his roommates. He tried to take a peek underneath the gap of the door to investigate but to no avail. He took a hesitant look towards Jason and Luka's beds and back at the door.

"Jason, Luka, d'ya guys hear that?" León hissed, soft enough that it would be audible if his roommates were still awake but not enough to wake them up if they weren't. He had already made up his mind that he was going to investigate these noises, after all, what was more thrilling than breaking curfew? Now the question was whether León would need to sneak out of the room alone, if either Jason or Luka could provide an alibi for him, or if they were willing to join him.

Lucem Lucem Slav Slav

LUKAS WOLFF
SCENE:
Later That Night
PARTICIPANTS:
Jason, León, Luka
Later That Night
So many new faces and people to meet. Luka couldn't comprehend the amount of people he had to talk with at his disposal. This new experience sent his mind into a spiral, making it hard for him to sleep. His mind was racing, along with his heart. He pretended to keep his eyes closed, hoping that the others wouldn't notice that he was still stirring. He wanted to make good impressions upon his new roommates.

He opened up one of his eyes as he heard a collection of faint noises. He saw a figure creeping through the room, causing Luka to become mildly frightened. It took a few moments to realize it was one of his roommates but he couldn't make out the face until he heard a voice slice through the silence. He really didn't want to answer, creeping through the dark wasn't an appealing thought to Luka. He also didn't want to break any rules, being caught could have some consequences he didn't want. Nonetheless, he answered quietly.

"I'm awake... I heard a few noises but I couldn't make it out..." He recognized the voice as León's, somebody who he enjoyed to talk to, though he didn't really respond a lot... that just means he likes Luka. He sat up in his bed, giving off a silent yawn. If he could sleep right now, he would. He didn't want to deal with the noises, especially at the current time of night. He would have left it alone if it weren't for his compatriot.

"You shouldn't be up... you should just go back to bed." Luka didn't think he was going to convince León, but he might as well try. He slipped off the bed onto his feet, holding his puppet close to his chest. He tried to make his way through the dark, bumping into the end of his bed. He let out a soft cry of pain, before standing next to León. "If you really want to investigate we can! I would just advise against it." He tried to keep his whispers quiet, but his high energy couldn't stop his voice from raising higher than it ought to have been. He was also struggling to hide the fact he was scared. He wasn't really fond of being up late at night, so before Luka knew it, he had latched himself onto León's arm without realizing it. His natural reaction was to grab whatever was closest and that happened to be León.

Lucem Lucem Coyote Hart Coyote Hart

jayden clarice aiden-fynn
SCENE:
later that night
PARTICIPANTS:
yuuko
later that night
Jayden blinked at her roommate and shrugged, "You don't hafta apologize, dude. It's not a big deal." Rising to her feet, Jay brushed off her pajama bottoms and opened their door, peeking outside.

"Well, if it's some type of violent creature then I guess we're all gonna die," Jayden looked back at Yuuko with a grin, "But I'm sure we'll be fine. No shouting, though, that wouldn't be very helpful."

Humming, Jay exited their dorm, glancing at Yuuko over her shoulder one more time, "Time to go see if anyone else heard what we did~" And then she was off- twirling gracefully as she waltzed down the halls, touching just about everything she could. Jay couldn't seem to keep her energy contained even while walking but made sure to keep an eye out for anyone else who may have gone to investigate the strange noises.

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

IVAYLO VODENICHAROV
CS Link
SCENE:
Later That Night
Ivaylo's Bedroom, Boys' Dorms, 12th years floor
PARTICIPANTS:
Ivay ft. The Weeping and The Sludge tm
Later That Night

"One. Two. Three. Four.

Work it. Like. Never. Before!"

In the middle of his dark bedroom, Ivay stood in place, or rather, HANDSTOOD. His entire body upside down, a single arm extended downwards, his five digits connecting with the floor, maintaining a great level of balance. His fluffy white hair draped down from his head and layed about the floor. With earch word he let out, he uttered a word.

After being satisfied with the amount of workout he performed, he made one last push with his arm, propelling him upward. He made a quick flip in the air before landing on his feet, arms held straight and wide like an olympic gymnast.

Despite his best efforts to empty his vast energy tanks through working out, Ivay had yet to meet the proper exhaustion quota to chase those pesky eerie sounds, which were most definitely a simple product of his anxiety, out. Bringing his fingers up to his chin, the beast boy contemplated his next course of action. What method would be best to appease the unease in his brain.

But then, an unexpected shift of the events happened.

The steps that had surrounded Ivay on all sides had begun fading out, as if they were becoming further away. Despite this, however, soft cries persisted above him.

A black, inky liquid began to drip slowly from the floorboards and splattered on the boy's pearly white hair.It was like a slow, soft sprinkle of rain, or the pattering of tears hitting the ground...Soon enough, walking had replaced the weeping, and the black rain had relented.

Ivay stayed still for a moment, an overwhelming rush of emotions paralyzing him in place. First off, the weeping had sent bone-chilling shivers across his body, a wailing so clear and unequivocal which cause Ivaylo to shatter his expectations of his mind playing tricks on him.

Secondly, and even stronger than the latter, was what followed from the ink falling on top of him. Ivay's hand shakily reached for the top of his head, a light gasp as he felt the ooze coating his fingertips. He brought his stained hand down to his field of view, his face contorting with absolute INDIGNATION.

Next was a borderline slideshow of Ivay in the verge of absolutely losing his mind. His body language communicating the action of screaming, but without any real sound coming out of him, a trace of his decency as he worried waking up the others in his vicinity.

He held his head with his hands while his mouth hung wide open. He pretend-screamed while throwing his arms to the sides and contorting his body backwards. And lastly he knelt over to his bed, burying his face on the cushioned mattress, with his hand beating on its surface in frustration, still completely silent all the while, the light bumping of his fist against the fabric being the only sound in the room.

With his silent outburst over. An angry-looking Ivaylo headed over to the door of his room. A light creaking echoed through the halls of the 12th years' floor as Ivay made his way out, his nails having grown twice in length now, ending in acute points.

Fear was one thing he could deal with, but to stain his pristine mane with a disgusting liquid? Someone was going to be held responsible for this, and they were going to pay.

-Full sleepwear set (shorts)

Interacting: No one

Last edited:
Yuuko Shibuya
PARTICIPANTS:
Jay( angel doe angel doe )
Later That Night

Her roommate was a merciful goddess. Okay that was probably a bit too far but still she clasped her hands together over her reclaimed pillow as she relaxed seeing the benevolence her roommate had. Jayden, Jayson… she should just keep to the Jays. They were both nice.

She didn’t need to worry about sleeping around strangers if she was this nice. Someone smarter than Yuuko would have probably considered this long before coming to an academy with dorms but they couldn’t leave now.

Wait VIOLENT CREATURE? She almost screamed then and there. If not for Jayden telling her it wouldn’t help she would have. Instead the sound came out like a stifled strained whimper.

“Y-y-you don’t actually think they’d let creatures in right? Oh no no no.”

She thought about all the nicer people she’d met today and felt a sinking in her gut. She kept close behind Jayden as they left their room. She looked to the hallway seeing no one else coming through but feeling concern for her friends.

“I-I want to check on my friend Ema. Umm she should be on this floor too. The… end room? Is there anyone…. you want to check on?”

Hatsumi
SCENE:
Later That Night
PARTICIPANTS:
Cree
LATER THAT NIGHT...

Her ‘G.R.P’ (Good Roommate Points) were safe, for now at least.

Hatsumi snaked away along the floor when Cree set a foot out of bed, crept back in as quiet pitter-patters following along the roof when she tip-toed to the door, jerking back and forth like a cowardly leaf bug at the sound of the door creaking open.

She pushed her head in between the half-opening, hanging over the doorframe, head just an inch away from Cree’s — “Weeeeeeird…” — She echoed, croaked. At the question of what it could have been, Hatsumi had a pause, her peanut brain running off with half-a-dozen thoughts. Only coming out with one answer for Cree… — “Ghost piano………”

There was an old hair-raiser Mother used to tell her before going to bed, in days where she’d gotten too touchy feely with the decorations around the church. She remembers her bringing out the candlelight just for the sake of setting the ambiance for it. It was a simple story, common sense; curiosity kills the cat.

‘Emily’s Piano,’ a heartless ghost story about an adventurous, curious girl past her bedtime, going where the clock ticked midnight. Following the constant, spine-rattling clink of her grandfather’s piano echoing downstairs in the living room. A wooden, grand piano with ivory keys played by ghastly, idle hands. Because Emily was too dumb to play-pretend that she was asleep that night.

At the end, and for reasons the book had to illustrate to unnecessary detail, poor Emily was devoured whole by the piano that night.

She recalls Mother snapping the book at her face and ‘boo’-ing and ‘hoo’-ing loudly so that the image of that piano lid clamping down on a child was etched into her mind.

Was it overkill for a punishment? Yes. Did it traumatize her? Maybe.

But it’d burned an important lesson into Hatsumi’s mind,

NEVER be like Emily.

That’s why the salamander waited, only peering into the empty hallway…one eye blinking, the other following with a lag…she waited a little more, the tension made her tongue reel back into her mouth, and then—

Absolutely nothing happened.

She narrowed an eye at the darkness, a blue tongue swiftly dampening her other eye. Like a desperado adjusting the six-shooter on his belt with one hand. She knew that piano had followed her all the way back from the church… It was out there waiting.

It’d gotten more terrifying to wait around for the sound to repeat itself than if whatever made the sound jumped out at them.

“D…Do we…?” — After a moment of silence, Hatsumi came down from the doorframe to stand beside Cree, hands close to her chest.

“Investigate?”

She could only hope that Cree wasn’t an Emily.

gxxberkit gxxberkit

jayden clarice aiden-fynn
SCENE:
later that night
not in jay & yuuko's dorm; rosengarten castle
PARTICIPANTS:
xxx
later that night
Jayden couldn't help but laugh at the way Yuuko reacted to her silly comment, "I mean, I really hope they wouldn't let any creatures in." She grinned, spinning to look at her roommate, "But I dunno. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. Only one way to find out."

Jay shrugged, giggling and twirling back around to continue her graceful waltz down the hallway, but froze when Yuuko spoke up again. Something about how she wanted to check on her friend, "Sure, but hurry it up. I wanna find what made the noise."

Oh, but was there anyone Jayden wanted to check on? She tapped her chin as she rummaged around in her memory, before smiling and nodding vigorously, "My best friend, Cree. I'd love it if she could join us on this adventure!" She had to fight back a squeal of delight, hopping up and down at the thought of spending more time with her new bestie.

"Okay okay okay, now we really gotta hurry." Jay began to usher Yuuko down the hall where she said her friend's room was, all while trying to remember which room Cree was in.

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

Yuuko Shibuya
SCENE:
PARTICIPANTS:
Jay( angel doe angel doe ) Ema ( miki miki ) Leslie ( simj26 simj26 )
Later That Night

The only one way to find out may not have been surprising per se but it gave her little comfort. Still the other girls presence alone meant this was better than any other time she’d been in a dangerous situation. Besides they were at school…nothing bad happened in schools right?

She did her best to delude herself.

As soon as Jay mentioned Cree she already had the place in her mind. She out of pure nerves managed to memorize her floor. It wouldn’t do well to accidentally grab for the wrong door.

“Second door…left side”

She squeeked out the directions to Clee’s room before rushing up to Ema’s door and pounding on it. It didn’t matter if Ema or her roommate answered at this point she just wanted as many people as she could find to ensure they weren’t having some joint hallucination.

“Emaaaaa, Ema’s roommate Leslieeeee. Is anyone in there???”

She kept her voice low as it let out the urgency in her tone. She was still calm for now. Still in control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back