What's new

New Light Update

k o r o l

P r o t e c t o r
I'm an avid dark user but these past months, I've been having to switch to the light mode due to codes or post becoming unreadable in the dark side and highlighting them doesn't always work. I recently switched again cause, I just really cannot stand light. I'm a dark person who likes her blacks and greys so it's just in my nature to stare at a dark screen but the codes and post are still acting the same. Is there any plan to fix this? Or at least make it so on dark mode it fixes itself. I know it's because of people coding and the majority of people being in light mode and not dark. It just makes me frustrated that some post I can't see.

I'm an avid dark user but these past months, I've been having to switch to the light mode due to codes or post becoming unreadable in the dark side and highlighting them doesn't always work. I recently switched again cause, I just really cannot stand light. I'm a dark person who likes her blacks and greys so it's just in my nature to stare at a dark screen but the codes and post are still acting the same. Is there any plan to fix this? Or at least make it so on dark mode it fixes itself. I know it's because of people coding and the majority of people being in light mode and not dark. It just makes me frustrated that some post I can't see.
Sadly, there's not really any way to account for what people will do with their BBCode. The best you can do is tell them "Hey, I can't read this in the dark theme, could you tweak it a bit please?" and hope they do. Maybe also throw in the advice that if you're changing the text color, put in a background so it's readable, and vice versa. Otherwise just use the plain text. It's just not practical to try and make the site automatically catch every single instance where something like this could happen, while also making exceptions for when certain combinations of codes would be perfectly fine.

k o r o l

P r o t e c t o r
Sadly, there's not really any way to account for what people will do with their BBCode. The best you can do is tell them "Hey, I can't read this in the dark theme, could you tweak it a bit please?" and hope they do. Maybe also throw in the advice that if you're changing the text color, put in a background so it's readable, and vice versa. Otherwise just use the plain text. It's just not practical to try and make the site automatically catch every single instance where something like this could happen, while also making exceptions for when certain combinations of codes would be perfectly fine.
That's what I've been doing. I just wondered if there was a way to adjust this but I understand why that couldn't happen.

The Dark Wizard

🔥🔥🔥
Administrator
Theres no way to do it in any decent way with coding or addons.

We have afforded a Dark Style for a few years now, but before that, we didn't offer it for many more years because of that.

Animent

(〇*>∀<)ゞ★☆
I’ve been experiencing some problems with the new light style on moblie. The links on the top are squished/being partially covered causing me to be unable to read it plus I can’t click on them expect for the first one. I’m not sure if others are experiencing this as well or that’s just me but I figured that it was better to post anyways.

I put a picture inside the spoiler below to show what I’m talking about.

D1F837B0-B04E-427D-8E8C-4F04E048C8A8.jpeg
DEBC2D8E-BE78-4FE9-8390-A67588D5A1CE.jpeg
97331E69-D906-4662-8A9A-9E4F12E99453.jpeg

Attachments

The Dark Wizard

🔥🔥🔥
Administrator
I’ve been experiencing some problems with the new light style on moblie. The links on the top are squished/being partially covered causing me to be unable to read it plus I can’t click on them expect for the first one. I’m not sure if others are experiencing this as well or that’s just me but I figured that it was better to post anyways.

Looking into it :)!

The Dark Wizard

🔥🔥🔥
Administrator

Is it better now :)?

Onmyoji

Unyielding Resolve
I'm not sure if I'm seeing it wrong, but...
When you type your post in message window it shows smaller sized font than you see when you actually send the post. I don't remember having this discrepancy before.
As in, when you type you see font size 12 (I think) but when you send the message it shows with font size 15. Feels a bit weird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)