• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

New Horizons

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Clockwork_Magic

*Gears turning*
Roleplay Type(s)
Planet Sunrise.jpg
In the year 2253, humanity had found itself among the stars as the first light speed ships were created. The first light speed colony ships were sent out in fleets of 3 to 4 ships order to find a new home for humanity. The first colonization fleet reaches a planet deemed suitable for life in the year 2262, named Outurn by the colonists. However, humanity is not the only species to have landed on this planet, as several other colonization ships originating several other start-up interstellar civilization have also landed on Outurn. You are a leader of one of these colonies. Will you lead your colony to prosperity, or will your colony be doomed to fail?

Last edited:
Caelestis
Sci Fi Flag 5.png
Caelestis City/City Outskirts
Conrad stood on a hilltop, looking down upon he colony he had helped create over the past 6 months on Outurn, along with his two bodyguards. The streets of Caelestis are live with movement, yet seem empty in comparison to the vast metropolises of Earth. This place isn't so different. Conrad thought to himself. The view of Caelestis surrounded by fields of green grass with the ocean in the far distance looked like it taken on Earth countrysides before the population of Humanity could no longer sustain itself on Earth alone. "Do either of you ever miss Earth?" he asked his two guards while still taking in the view. "Yes, sir." "Absolutely." The guards said in quick succession with each other. "Really unfortunate the state of Earth as we left it. It wasn't a great living, but it was home." "I've read about Earth back in the 20th and 21st centuries. We really did fight ourselves a lot back then. Sounded like a dangerous time to live." "At least people had room to live and things to fight over back then." Conrad's wrist communicator started to beep. "Council meeting called: Report back immediately" a text read as Conrad activated the holographic display. "That's humanity for you. Well, time to head in boys."

Conrad entered the capitol building. His footsteps echoing through the halls until he reached the council room door. After adjusting his tie, he opened the door and entered the room. 12 faces all looked at him as he entered the room and sat in the one remaining chair surrounding a circular table. "Thank you for coming on short notice, Conrad. This council meeting is now in order. The situation today is this." The head councilman spoke up. The table's holographic display activated, as the councilman displayed a globe of Outurn. Caelestis was marked on the map, along with 3 other locations. "As you all know, we've detected several other objects land on the surface of the planet upon our first arrival 6 months ago. We've avoided contact with them until now for the purpose of establishing a foothold on the planet first. Now that we have, however, what are we to do in this situation?" "Perhaps we should try contacting them?" "What if they're hostile? We need to prepare our forces for a possible conflict!" "How would we even get that far in the first place? Walk? The only vehicles we brought with us are civilian, and they're not built to travel that far of a distance." "Perhaps a compromise is possible." Conrad butted in. All other council members looked at him. "We could re-purpose the industrial sector to retrofitting existing vehicles so that they will be capable of traveling vast distances or produce new vehicles entirely, all the while building up our military numbers via a draft." The other council members nodded in agreement while initiating short conversations with each other. "Alright! Order! Order! Let's take a vote. All in favor of Conrad's proposal raise your hands and say 'Aye.'" "Aye!" all 13 council members said in unison. "Then it's settled. This meeting is now adjourned" the head councilman had said, turning off the holographic globe projection, while everyone else stood up and proceeded to leave the room.

Effects:
A draft is now in effect, in an effort to raise a decent sized army in the case of conflict
Factories are given the order to modify civilian vehicles to be capable of long distance travel
New long distance vehicles are being developed, both military and civilian​

Zerg

Zerg_SC2_Icon2.jpg
"The landing was sucessfull... Main hive established... Hatcheries operating at 100%... 2 More hives were also established... What are your orders?" A young queen said to a bigger, stronger queen, a broodmother.

"Send scout to non-zerg lifeform bases... product more zerglings and roaches... Prepare defenses" The broodmother answered.

"For the swarm..." said the queen.

"For the Hivemind" said the broodmother.

The queen went somewhere to the south, while the broodmother was going to meet the Hivemind in the center of the main hive. As she walked through the hive, she saw roaches, zerglings and hydralisk patrolling around, the deeper she was into the hive, the more patrols she saw. She finally get to the center of the hive, and was infront the Hivemind.

1518957648298.png

It was truly giant, atleast 60 meters, she saw, confident, at the giant, humongous monster, and telepathically speak.

"What you need me for... great Hivemind." She spoke, a bit nervous.

"Broodmother... I need you... You are yet to earn a name... Establish a 3th hive at the southeast of our position... The reason?... The nearest non-zerg base is at the southeast... I want that hive as a precaution... That hive is were you will build your brood... Keep building zerg until i order you to do something... And defend your position... At all cost... Fail... and i will kill you." The Hivemind told.

With her orders, the broodmother went to the southeast, with a small force of 40 zerglings, 20 hydralisk and 5 drones, to build her hive, and her brood.

Effects:

One Overlord with a single queen were send to every base to investigate.
An additional Zerg base was build near the administration main base, as a precaution, and later, an invasion point.
The production of Zergs was set to 100%, mostly roaches and zerglings.

Black: Main hive
Red: Minor hive
Blue: Hive in construction

Outurn.png

Last edited:
The Administration of Sentience

4e 65 77 20 69 6e 66 6f 72 6d 61 74 69 6f 6e 2c 20 42 6f 6e 64 65 64 20 41 6c 69 65 6e 73 20 68 61 76 65 20 66 6f 72 6d 65 64 20 61 20 62 61 73 65 20 6e 65 61 72 20 6f 75 72 20 43 6f 6c 6f 6e 79 2c 20 64 75 65 20 74 6f 20 74 68 65 69 72 20 70 65 72 63 65 69 76 65 64 20 61 67 67 72 65 73 73 69 76 65 20 6e 61 74 69 6f 6e 20 74 68 69 73 20 69 73 20 70 65 72 63 65 69 76 65 64 20 61 73 20 61 20 74 68 72 65 61 74 2e 20 49 6e 76 65 73 74 69 67 61 74 65 20 50 72 6f 74 69 63 6f 6c 2d 33 36 7c 33 39 As the information was relayed into the shared Knowledge of the Administration, Unit a8 7f organised a group to set off and a large Aqueous Energy Store set off with 7 Peace Units and 1 Administrative unit, Unit a8 7f. Landing on the coast near the newly forming Hive the units made swift progress toward the Hive. Once the structure they had scanned came into view the began broadcasting the following message in all known languages as well as theoretically constructed 'perfect' languages that the Administration hoped to introduce as the future shared language of sentient life "Greetings please attempt to communicate so that we can decipher your language and begin communicating with you. Hostile action will be met in kind. We wish to welcome you and support your existence provided you agree not to take hostile actions against other sentient life." The message was broadcast on a loop in the hope enough information would be conveyed in a language similar enough to warrant a response that they could then begin deciphering.

Meanwhile in the land around the colony units were out collecting samples of native flora, fauna, animals and other living creatures. Soil samples were also being taken and catalogued from various areas to decide where to set up intensive farms to provide food for the future colony. The living samples would be taken out of their newly induced neutral state and placed into large ecosystems both for the administration to observe and, eventually, for future colonists to get enjoyment from watching while safe from the dangers it may pose.

As this was taking place efforts were being made to discover the geological make up of the planet so that mines could be set up in the most efficient spaces to minimise ecological damage until the Colony is ready to begin mining barren celestial bodies.

Actions:
8 Units make effort to investigate the new hive forming and attempt to open communications with the aliens that seem to be bonded like that of an insect colony.
A Large scale effort is being made to catalogue and investigate the local wildlife and build habitats for these catalogued life forms.
Geological surveys are being carried out throughout the region so that the Colony can mine the planets surface.

Trundik
1518973396088.png
Hurn stared out across the Northern Trundik river and lets the scents wash over him. Flowers in bloom, foreign animals, and the cold smell of the mountains were carried by the flowing water. It smelled wonderfully peaceful, yet he could not let such predilections distract him, there were matters that needed to be attended to. Most importantly, the possible threat of the other races.

Perhaps it wasn't right to immediately equate them with being a threat, some of the other sapients on his home world had been cordial to the Burtrun, but most of them had been one of the varying shades of hostile, resulting in his kind not having much in the way of expansion. They could not afford to let that happen to themselves again. If their ship hadn't been depleted of supplies by the time they arrived at Outurn, he would have risked trying another likely candidate. Alas, they only had enough food for a few more months and had to land on the planet.

Hurn was snapped out of his thoughts by the scent of gathering and began to lumber his way to the meeting hall.

......​

The large wooden building was filled by the mass of the thirty-five representatives of the clans, as well as the large scent-cauldron at the center of the room that had given off the gathering call. The clamor of the meeting hall ceased as Hurn entered the building and took his seat at the head of the room. "Let us get down to business" He said, scanning the assembly. "First, let's discuss the matter of food."

After a moment, a largish burtrun with wild fur stood up. "Grand Chief, the first harvest has been held and great news is to be had. The Cukuj Vines have taken well to the trees of this planet and produced a larger than normal bounty, though they do have more of a sour taste than the ones on Olmna." Putov paused for a moment before continuing. "In addition, the soil of this area is very fertile, and all vegetables have grown well, with the exception of the Komjom Shoots. I believe they require a drier climate to succeed."

"Excellent news Putov" Hurn said, motioning him to stand down. "That will help with replenishing our stocks. Now, onto the next matter, transportation."

A rather diminutive fellow stood up next, his fur singed and reeking of smoke. "Grand Chief, the boats have come along well, though we had to use more metal than originally intended to get a decent carry load. Also," he continued, "I believe I have an idea that might strengthen the transportation between the clans, but we would need a lot more metal and resources to accomplish it. If you like, I can discuss it with you later."

"Indeed you can Hunj, and that does bring me to some matters I would like to discuss." Hunj sat down and the assembly looked expectantly at Hurn. "Now, where we are situated now is quite beneficial for us to have started from" he said pointing to their location on the large map covering the wall behind him. "We have two waterways for transportation as well as enriching our soil, and we are isolated from the other races. However," he said waving his large arm over the map, "we will be stuck in the same position as we were on Olmna if we stay content with our current situation." There were several murmurs from the assembly. "So, what I suggest we do is three things. Foremost is to increase our numbers. That was always a problem with us compared to the other races, they just breed to fast. We must seek to close this gap. Tell the Elders to encourage child bearing by all couples. To facilitate this, we need to expand our land." Using a marking stick, he outlined the area he had in mind. "This area would have all that we need for a while. The mountains would provide many resources, and keeping along the river would allow easy use of trade and lots of farmable land. The drier areas would also allow us to grow Komjom Shoots as well. Finally," he said turning back to the crowd, "We will need to further explore our surroundings. Ask the Elders if they can drum up some adventurous individuals to explore the surrounding areas and catalogue everything they find, whether it be plants, animals, geological landmarks, or... other races." Woth that, he ended his session and let the other representatives bring up their issues.

Effects:
-Increase of birthrate to increase total population size.
-Clans are spreading out in an attempt for expansion utilizing the rivers.
-Explorers are being sent out to further an understanding of the planet, its lifeforms, and possibly other nearby races.

Red Dot: Landing Site
Red Outline: Current area of clan settlements
Black Outline: Attempted expansion area

Outurn.jpg

Time Skip
Due to the lack of activity, we are doing a time skip. Time skips will act as if a web page has passed and players may continue progression without limitation.​

Zerg
Zerg_SC2_Icon2.jpg

The zerg armies has grow in number, in this 3 months, 4000 Zerglings and 1500 Roaches has joined the ranks of the zerg, the Administration bots, send to establish contact with the hive are currently underattack by a dozen zerglings, 4 roaches and the broodmother, the zerg is seeking to capture the administration model.

The hive was successfully established, and with it, the production rate of the zerg was increased, the unnamed Broodmother has got herself a name, Broodmother Rindell, leader of the Claw Brood.

The Claw Brood was ordered by the Hivemind to watch over the movements of the administration, and if an attack was detected, they would hold it enough time for the zerg forces to group and defend the hive.

The Hivemind Brood is hunting the fungal monsters, due to their infectious spores, their essence would be usefull to create a new zerg strain, the Infestor.

A dozen Zerglings were attacking a fungoid lifeform, it was like a dog, but bigger, it bited a zergling in it neck, and ripped its head out, while releasing spores, 2 zerglings were infested, and now their skin was a sick green, with tentacle-like appendages in their mouth, and now were in thrashing melee with 2 roaches, one had its face melted by the acid, and the other was cut into little pieces.

The combined effort of 12 Zerglings and 4 roaches were able to take down a fungoid, with minor casualties, but that didn't matter, a zergling could be created in matter of days.

The zerg bases are now producing spine crawlers and spore crawlers to increase defense(Spine crawler Spore crawler).

Effects:
-Zerg numbers were increased by 70 zerglings and 20 roaches, making a total of 40090 Zergs in the planet.
-A new zerg strain is being made, the infestor, a zerg capable of control other non-zerg lifeform, and make them part of the swarm.
-The defenses in the hives are being increased.

Current Pop:
Zerglings: 30068
Overlords: 1800
Hydralisks: 10000
Roachs: 10000

Last edited:
Caelestis
Sci Fi Flag 5.png
Caelestis City
Conrad was paying a visit to the Caelestis main military base a just on the outskirts of the city to pay a visit to the new recruits. As he walked in through the entrance to the yard he was greeted multiple groups of soldiers around the dirt yard performing various combat drills. "Ah, Chairman! Welcome to Marshal Base! As you can see, we've been putting the recruits through the basic combat training. It's coming together well." Conrad took another look around. There were men doing push-ups, laps around the yard, climbing up a wooden wall with rope, among other activities. "I see. How many men have passed basic training?" "50, sir." "Hmm, well I just stopped by to check in. I'll be on my way now." "Of course, sir. Long live Caelestis! Long live humanity!"

The industrial sector was next. Conrad walked though the doors to the factory floor to be greeted by the factory foreman. "Chairman! I assume you're here to check on the vehicle conversion!" the foreman yelled over the racket caused by the numerous factory equipment in use. "Indeed I am!" Conrad yelled back. "We had just gotten this first batch of transports done! They aren't very armored or armed, but they should be able to travel long distances no problem, just as you asked!" "Excellent! Have them delivered to Marshal Base!" "At once, sir!" Just then, Conrad had received a message. He didn't need to open it to know what it was. Council meeting. He thought to himself. He wasted no time and began walking to the capitol building.

"Alright. Seeing as we're all here, I call this council meeting to order. Conrad, what is the status of the transport conversion program?" "The first batch of aerial transports have been produced and are being shipped to Marshal Base as we speak." "Excellent. Now that we have the appropriate exploration equipment, we can now begin exploration of the planet and perhaps make contact with other civilizations that may have also landed." "My thoughts from the last meeting still stands. These civilizations might be hostile, and we need to be prepared first." "I don't think that's the case. If they were as advanced as us and detected us upon landing, wouldn't they have attacked already if they were truly hostile?" "What if they're biding their time. Waiting for us to come to them?" The room filled with chatter, as council members argued among themselves on who was right. "Order! Order! All in favor of exploring and contacting these civilizations raise your hands and say 'Aye!'" "Aye!" 6 hands went up. "All oppose raise ,your hands and say 'Nay!'" "Nay!" 7 hands went up. "Then it is settled. Exploration expeditions will be sent out, but will avoid these civilizations as much as possible. Now, does anyone want to address something else?" "Perhaps now is a good time to bring up the topic of education. We don't have any major institutes for learning for our youth or young adults. We need to build schools and universities so we can educate future generations." Mutters of agreement fill the room. "I've been working on something: a national anthem for Caelestis" another council member states, the others look at him, intrigued. "The lyrics are set to the tune of an old American song written back in 1859. Dixie, I believe it was called. Anyways, the anthem is entitled Live On." The councilman then proceeds to sing the lyrics along to the tune of Dixie.
Caelestis National Anthem: Live On!
On the grassy fields of Outrun we shall live and fight and stand united
We'll live on! We'll live on! We'll live on, humanity!
On the rocky terrain of Outurn we shall live and fight and die as brothers
We'll live on! We'll live on! We'll live on, humanity!
The legacy of mankind shall not vanish!
In Caelestis we shall fight and strive to preserve our humanity!
Live on! Live on! Live on Caelestis!
Live on! Live on! Live on humanity!

We escaped the prison that is Earth and found our homes among the stars
We'll survive! We shall strive! We'll live on, humanity!
Among the stars we found a home that we can truly make our own
We'll survive! We shall strive! We'll live on, humanity!

Humanity shall live on! Live on! Live on!
Humanity shall fight and strive to make Outurn home!
Live on! Live on! Live on Caelestis!
Live on! Live on! Live on humanity!

As the councilman stops singing the rest of the council members begin to applaud. Both proposals were voted upon and were passed with no one against.

Effects

• 50 soldiers were trained, making the total soldier count 2050. Training continues​
  • The first batch of converted transports has completed production. Modified from civilian aerial transports, they have been converted to long range aerial scouting vehicles/transports for the military. These transports are unarmed and has very lightly armored, making them venerable to attack. More transports are in the process of being manufactured​
  • Research and development for a lightweight combat vehicle for the military continues (I didn't know how to include this in the post)​
  • 2 transports were sent out, carrying 10 soldiers each, to the East and South to explore the planet while trying to avoid other civilizations as much as possible.​
  • Schools and universities are now being built in the city​
  • Live On! is adopted as the Caelestian national anthem​
  • 798 Caelestians were born (Calculated from the birth rate for 2011)​

Reiner softly hummed "Heil dir im Siegerkranz" as he looked over progress reports on the construction of the expedition's capital. The "city" of Gute Aussichten had become a small bastion of civilization on this untamed world. Prefabricated shelters stood alongside cozy log houses set up by industrious pioneers, and some of the roads in the more developed or important areas had been converted from hardened dirt to proper asphalt. The first signs of a developing society have popped up as well, enterprising colonists setting up stores working on barter or German Marks they had brought from Earth. Most importantly, a series of greenhouses have been set up in their short time on the planet, providing the colonists with fresh food until they could develop proper agricultural infrastructure.

According to his head of Resource Acquisition, they would be able to begin mining within several months, and teams were already being prepared to perform a geological analysis of the surrounding area. He signed several orders to begin mineral exploration, before turning his attention to matters of the colony's long term viability. With their hold on the region being firmly established, his research teams were finally able to set up their equipment and organize themselves, and they were practically begging to be let loose. A short call over shortwave radio to his research director established their primary priorities: determine if the local soil could sustain Terrestrial food crops, if the biochemistry of the local flora and fauna was compatible with humans, and attempt to establish communications with Earth.

Finally, Reiner focused on the matter of the other colonies. While he knew there were at least three other ships launched from Earth, they have yet to make contact with any of them. Deciding to simultaneously solve the problem of long range communication with any personnel out in the field, he sent a quick order to one of the engineering teams to construct a radio transmitter with a long enough range to contact other colonies and teams that are deep into the field.

Effects:
15 teams of ten surveyors and five armed personnel set out on horseback to identify mineral deposits and geological features of interest
Research personnel begin to test the soil to see if crops from Earth can be grown in it safely. They also hunt down local wildlife for purposes of dissection and testing if they are safe to consume. A small team is also devoted to constructing a device capable of communicating with Earth.
Construction begins on a long range radio transmitter

Edit: Fixed flag image

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back