• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building New Horizons OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
This seems interesting, I may make a CS for it. What are some limitations though when it comes colonies and species? How large can are colonies be? What's the strongest tech and species abilities there can be?
In terms of starting size of colonies, they're going to be relatively small in comparison to any other conventional country. Colonist ships/other modes of transportation landed on the planet fairly recently, but not too recently, so I'd say all starting colonies would be the sizes of a fairly large city state. Technology in this world could be classified as somewhat futuristic, but not too much. The fastest known starships in existence could only travel at the speed of light and while laser, plasma, or similar types of weapons exist, conventional projectile weapons still remain the most popular type of weapon as they have been used for centuries now and are the most reliable, add with it the fact that the other types of weapons are still relatively new, at least for humanity. Technology such as nanorobotics, cyronics, and artificial intelligence do exist, just to give an idea of what type of technology exists at this moment. As for the species abilities, I'm don't have much restrictions on that other than if your species has positive traits, you must balance it out by including negative traits.

I posted a CS, it is okay or i have to nerf them
While I don't have any problem with the Zerg or a similar species being in this, I'd say you would have to start off with the less powerful types of Zerg then gradually work your way upwards from there.

Last edited:
Alright, posted my Character Sheet. How does it look? Any changes need to be made?
I have to say either you spent a long time preparing that colony ship or DAYUM do you have efficient thrusters. 20KTons just for the people then if you imagine how much food and water each one needs.... Then ofcourse theres the insane amount of space.
I am not saying they are bad just pointing out the scale of your colonisation effort. Looking forward to auditing you and I hope you get accepted so I can look after your people

I have to say either you spent a long time preparing that colony ship or DAYUM do you have efficient thrusters. 20KTons just for the people then if you imagine how much food and water each one needs.... Then ofcourse theres the insane amount of space.
I am not saying they are bad just pointing out the scale of your colonisation effort. Looking forward to auditing you and I hope you get accepted so I can look after your people

Yep. Remember, this 1/100 of their entire population. It's basically a last attempt to find a place they can actually grow their numbers. Plus, they didn't build the ship themselves, just acquired it from other aliens.

Alright! So, I'll start approving CS's tomorrow, just to give people time to make or complete their CS's. A few things I'll say first:
1. We don't know that any of us officially exist yet, although considering the technology level, it is very likely that ships detected each other while in orbit and have detected any craft or object descending onto the planet from orbit. So while not knowing or having made contact each other yet, we do know of each other's presence on the planet.
2. The way time passes in this RP will be 3 months per page.
3. Minimum of 3 sentences per post.
4. Just to make things a bit more interesting, I plan to do random events once in a while.

Alright! So, I'll start approving CS's tomorrow, just to give people time to make or complete their CS's. A few things I'll say first:
1. We don't know that any of us officially exist yet, although considering the technology level, it is very likely that ships detected each other while in orbit and have detected any craft or object descending onto the planet from orbit. So while not knowing or having made contact each other yet, we do know of each other's presence on the planet.
2. The way time passes in this RP will be 3 months per page.
3. Minimum of 3 sentences per post.
4. Just to make things a bit more interesting, I plan to do random events once in a while.
The Administration will overcome all that threaten the survive of life.

Thorn_Reaper Thorn_Reaper
Shouldn't you wait till everyone else post before continuing? Each post is supposed to be followed by a 3 month timeskip afterall, so we should probably wait on the others.

I dont have a problem with people posting if they have a valid reason to, for example if someone interacts with them, but in these situations progression will be limited or prohibited, depending on what is being progressed.

I dont have a problem with people posting if they have a valid reason to, for example if someone interacts with them, but in these situations progression will be limited or prohibited, depending on what is being progressed.

Alright, makes sense.

Also, I’ve been getting questions on what technology is actually in existence, among other things, and I feel like I’m giving conflicting/differing answers. So, for the sake of giving everyone the same, canon infomation, I’ll soon be making a thread dedicated to the information about what exists, what doesn’t, and what happened prior to the events of this RP, particularly for human players, as I had intended to have a reason why humanity left Earth in the first place.

Alright! So, the information thread is up, the link is up there along with the others. Any questions, objections, suggestions, comments?

Let's do the time skip, the others can start by landing some time later, after all, it don't makes sense everyone landed at the same time.

Alright, due to the lack of activity, we are going the time skip. You may now post again and progress whatever you are doing.

So, do you decide if our stuff is successful or how much progress we make? It seems we might need a Controller for the outcomes to ensure we don't go overboard

You can't just destroy another player's forces that quickly and in one turn. You'd need to give them a chance of responding/reacting first.

Edit: Also, 5500 Zerg is a lot to increase your pop by in one turn. Considering these Zerg would also double as a military pop, it would also mean you could overpower every other player currently in RP.

Last edited:
You can't just destroy another player's forces that quickly and in one turn. You'd need to give them a chance of responding/reacting first.

Edit: Also, 5500 Zerg is a lot to increase your pop by in one turn. Considering these Zerg would also double as a military pop, it would also mean you could overpower every other player currently in RP.
Sorry, ill try to balance that.

So my CS is nearly done, but I won't be here for I think a day or so. I'm just saying this now because I did not want to appear to be wasting the GM's time with questions only to appear to never actually join in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back