• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern new horizon ephemeral style

billie_gif_by_hippogryphfeather-dce6rbp.gif

B xxx I xxx L xxx L xxx I xxx E
─────────────────────
people always told me
be careful of what you do
and don't go around
breaking young girls' hearts

─────────────────────
billie_small_by_hippogryphfeather-dce6rjp.png

wordxxcount ;; 619
Billie’s grin only grew wider as the other girl extended a hand to softly slap her on the shoulder, pushing slightly against her in playful reprimanding, although Billie was quite sure that she could’ve seen something like that going. Over the past few weeks she’d gotten a pretty clear image of what Aliyah was like, and she was sure, because of her own openness and her ability to be herself around pretty much anyone, that the feeling was mutual. Still, the question seemed to have come unexpectedly and she leaned back, putting one of her hands behind her shoulders and raising a questioning eyebrow at the other girl.

Freshman year? How long you been goin’ here?” Billie shook her head, eyes slightly widened in surprise, before relaxing back into the wall. “Never mind. Don’t wanna know.” She allowed her gaze to stray, finding its way to the moon that was clearly drawn against the dark sky. It was slightly chilly, even in the summer, and a faint sheen of goosebumps played around her biceps and forearms, but not nearly enough to make her actually cold as a soft breeze moved past them. There was rain in the air, she could smell it, but even as a couple of dark, ominous looking clouds slowly moved in their direction, she didn’t move. It felt peaceful for a moment. “Makes sense why ya were so desperate now, though.

There was a brief silence between them, the only sound emanating from the city being the distant roaring of car engine on a nearby street for late drivers, and Billie’s gaze moved slowly to meet with Aliyah’s as she delved into her next question, which left Billie slightly surprised. “Uh, yeah, guess I did.” She muttered, a sudden slight frown pulling down at her eyebrows and creating a thoughtful wrinkle between them. “I was always kinda the different kid, ya know. Fittin’ in ain’t for me. In the, uh, in the houses, it kinda just was me against everyone else, so I just kinda did my own thing, ya know.” She pushed her hand through the thick curls of her afro, playing with it absently. “I ain’t never worn a dress in my life. Think that’s proof enough for me.” She grinned, allowing her gaze to find Aliyah’s. “Everyone just kinda knows, ‘n I ain’t tryna hide it. It’s just… me.

She gave a light shrug, breathing in deep and letting out a sigh before turning slightly towards the other girl. “Guess the same ain’t true for you, then?

They spent some time talking, and eventually Aliyah scooted over until she could lean against Billie’s side again much like they had on the couch earlier. When Billie noticed the other girl’s eyes beginning to droop again, she stirred underneath her. “Let’s get ya home,” she murmured, standing and helping Aliyah on her legs, before guiding the both of them back down the stairs and into the dorm hallway. When they reached Aliyah’s door, she shook her head when the other girl began to take off the jacket. “Nah, I’m good. Keep it for now.” They shared a brief kiss, nothing more than a momentary meeting of lips, before Billie was walking back to her own dorm.

u wanna meet up today?” … “ill pick u up from the park at 4

Aliyah was already there when Billie arrived, looking slightly uncomfortable as the brunette approached her – and she was amused to see that even now she was wearing Billie’s leather jacket. However, that same thoughtful crease appeared between her eyebrows when she caught sight of the expression on Aliyah’s face, and she brushed aside common courtesies to address it. “What’s up? You lookin’… uncomfortable?

tumblr_oaji3tFpdP1sj2yv9o2_250.gif

A x!XXL xX!XI X!XxY x!XXA XX!xH
────────────────
i wanna fall through the stars
getting lost in the dark is my favorite part
let's count the ways
we could make this last forever

────────────────
tumblr_inline_ofl0xo5B2j1ravrtw_500.gif

wordxxcount ;; 954
Aliyah's gaze had come to rest on the other brunette, gently studying her subtle shift in expression while she listened to her speak. Her curiosity piqued when Billie spoke of the "houses" that she'd presumably grown up in, but she didn't mention it, and instead offered a smile in response to Billie's own when she joked about never having had worn a dress. Unprepared to offer her own response to her question, the girl sucked in a slow lungful of air and smiled, leaning back against the wall. "Not quite," she confirmed the other woman's guess, delving briefly into her own experiences in coming to terms with her sexuality; namely the fact that, outside of her immediate family, most people still didn't know.

Not much longer after that their late-night escapades were drawing to an end and Billie was walking Aliyah, who was struggling to stay alert, back to her dorm. She'd lifted the borrowed jacket off of her shoulders, prepared to return it to its owner when Billie shook her head and insisted that she hang onto it for the time being. "Okay," Aliyah nodded, chewing down on her lower lip as a smile pulled at the corners of her mouth. She turned briefly, turning twisting the key within her door's lock and opening it on a crack before she turned back to face Billie. The pair shared a kiss, nothing compared to what they'd experienced at the party, but still enough to leave Aliyah with butterflies in her stomach before they said their goodbyes and parted ways, Billie returning the way they'd come as Aliyah stepped inside.

"A little warning beforehand might be nice the next time you plan on coming home at six in the morning," a pillow, having had been tossed by her disgruntled roommate as she walked past her bed, jolted Aliyah awake as it was thrown on top of her sleeping figure. "And whose jacket is that?" Aliyah pushed the pillow aside and pulled her arm over her face to shield her eyes from the light. She didn't realize until the sleeve came into contact with her face that she must've forgotten to change when she'd arrived home and fallen asleep in her clothes from the party. "Anyway, it's after noon. You need to get up..."

The blonde, appearing utterly vexed as Aliyah favored her phone over her company following the long and arduous mental battle that had transpired while she'd dragged herself out of bed, promptly removed herself from the dorm room and left Aliyah to text Billie in peace. Shaking off the fatigue that seemed to have settled in her bones after her late night out, Aliyah agreed to meet up with the other woman and quickly got dressed.

Dressed in a sleeveless maroon-colored dress that ended just above her knees and Billie's leather jacket, unzipped, she set out for the park, smiling down at her phone as the pair exchanged a number of texts between themselves in the meantime. She'd put her earbuds in as she walked, her music effectively disconnecting her from the world around her until a male's voice permeated the beat. "Hey, beautiful, what's happening?" The girl slowed in her step, offering a brief glance in the direction of a small group of college-aged men who sat clustered together to ensure that they were in fact addressing her directly.

She removed one of her ear buds just as one of them broke off of the group to approach her, and though her stomach sank at the sight she presented a neutral outward appearance, willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. "I'm sorry?" she pinched her eyebrows, hardly having heard what he'd said over the volume of her music.

"You going somewhere?" She found her gaze lifting as he stepped closer, his sheer size and height intimidating enough on its own without his group of similarly-sized friends watching their every move. "Uh... I'm waiting for someone." She quickly clarified, hoping that the prospect of another person would be enough to discourage his advances, but he only looked around instead, allowing his gaze to sweep over the grassy area before it fell onto his group. "I don't see anyone... you see anyone, guys?" Aliyah became tense, stuck in place as the man turned back toward her and hooked his fingers gently around the back of her bicep, running his thumb over her arm through the sleeve of her jacket in a subtle, predatory gesture. "I can keep you company 'til he gets here... Maybe if I'm lucky you'll give me that number of yours," his grip tightened and in a momentary lapse of courage Aliyah jerked her arm free, offering little more than a disapproving glance as she backed away from him and turned, fearing the tremble in her voice that would give away the intimidation that she felt if she attempted to address his actions. He only followed for a handful of steps, calling out after her in a final display of dominance in front of his friends.

She kept her music off for the duration of her wait, putting an adequate amount of space between herself and the group of men who still occasionally shouted out after her, and her tension only found its release when she spotted Billie approaching from a fair distance away. Her discomfort was still written all over her face and Billie didn't hesitate to address it, but Aliyah was quick to brush off her concern. "It's nothing," she lied, wrapping the cord of her earbuds around her phone and sliding both of them into her pocket. Her gaze wavered nervously before it came to rest on the brunette. "Can we just... get out of here?"

─────────────────────
people always told me
and don't go around

─────────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 614
Billie’s gaze came to rest on Aliyah as the other brunette brushed it off, though the uncomfortable look wasn’t wiped off her face. She nodded, the worried wrinkle remaining between her eyebrows as she turned a hundred and eighty degrees and started back in the direction she’d come from, Aliyah at her side. They were about to step away from the park, putting distance in between themselves and the spot where she’d picked the other girl up when a noise met Billie’s ears.

Her gaze moved, trying to pinpoint the origin of the noise, when her eyes came to rest on a group of college boys on the far end, who were now actively making slut-shaming noises at them, particularly at the pitch of two girls. She could see Aliyah cringe from the corner of her gaze, and something twisted inside of her, brought even tighter when one of them interrupted his chorus of noise to yell “fucking dyke!” in her direction, evidently aimed at the other girl.

It really didn’t take much for Billie to start marching in their direction, leaving Aliyah behind in a breeze.

As she stepped closer, their noise died down and eventually came to a complete halt. “Oh, fuck, it’s Billie,” she heard one of them mutter, but her gaze remained glued to the one that had yelled at Aliyah, and as he scrambled back when she approached him, her hand immediately grasped at a fistful of the front of his shirt, pulling him back towards her and keeping him in place. He towered over her, having inches and inches of height over her, but Billie wasn’t scared of a boy. “Ya have a problem with my girl?” She hissed, loud enough for Aliyah to hear the few hundred feet back where she’d left her. She pulled him a little closer, her knuckles turning white as he pulled back on his collar, suddenly seeming a lot less confident than before. “Ya gonna yell that shit at my girl? ‘There anything ya wanna say to my face instead?

Ya better apologize now,” she grumbled, rolling her eyes when he stammered out a quiet “I’m sorry”. “Not to me, dipshit. To the lady.” His eyes flicked from her face to over her shoulder, undoubtedly to look at Aliyah, and she kept her gaze on him as he gave the other woman the same treatment. “She can’t fuckin’ hear you, asshole,” she shook him slightly by the collar. “I’m sorry, alright?! Jesus, Billie, chill the fuck out.” He only continued pulling back on his shirt until she let go, shoving him away in the same motion. “That’s what I thought, bitch.” She turned, beginning to step away, when she heard him mutter something under his breath – she didn’t quite catch it, but it sounded an awful lot like what he’d yelled at Aliyah before – and, knowing it hadn’t been positive feedback, immediately turned again and punched him square in the jaw. He stumbled back, hand pressed over the sore spot on his face, and Billie’s hands balled into fists as she set a threatening step towards him. “Say one more word ‘n you fuckin’ dead.

He scrambled off, back to his friend group, and only when he was far enough away from her did she allow herself to turn and stalk right back to Aliyah. Her knuckles were turning sore, and she knew she would have a bruise the next day as well, but she still took the other girl’s hand within her own, gesturing briefly with her head – her aggressive posture lost and made way for a much softer attitude – and guiding the other brunette away from the park. “Let’s go.

Last edited:

────────────────
let's count the ways

────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 720
While Aliyah's immediate dismissal of the situation didn't seem to convince Billie, the brunette found herself appreciative of the fact that the other woman didn't seem set on pressing the matter any further. She followed, the nerves that the group's presence had stirred within her beginning to settle now that she was in Billie's presence, and walked alongside the brunette as they started back in the direction that she'd come. The pair remained quiet, a degree of unspoken question lingering between them, and they were only nearing the sidewalk to the street that would effectively free Aliyah from the group's looming presence when a noise caught her ears and caused her stomach to sink. They were laughing; making mock moaning noises in the pitch of two women and Aliyah instantly found herself growing tense at Billie's side, and despite the way that she tried desperately to hide it, she was sure that the other woman had caught on and made the connection.

She seemed willing to brush it off, continuing to walk until one of the men - whose voice Aliyah recognized as being the one who had initially approached her - shouted after her and Billie instantly halted in her step. She didn't have to have known Billie for long to know that she wasn't going to let something like this slide by and, desperate to avoid any further unnecessary interaction with the group, her hand found the other woman's bicep. "It's fine, just leave it..." her voice and her touch were soft as she gently attempted to coerce the other woman out of confronting the group of men, but her words seemed to go right through Billie, whose gaze had locked onto the man who had shouted, and she gave little warning as she brushed past her to approach the group. "Billie -" her arm fell, defeated, back to her side and she could only watch as she stalked toward them confidently.

At least one of the men appeared to have recognized Billie fairly quickly and scrambled backward, the rest following suit as she grabbed a fistful of the man who had called after her's shirt and yanked him toward her. Albeit worried by the sheer fact that Billie was easily outnumbered by the men, Aliyah couldn't help but feel impressed as she unflinchingly confronted her harasser and stood up for her. The man's hands had found his collar and attempted fruitlessly to pull himself free as Billie jerked him closer, demanding an apology. He complied, his gaze briefly finding Aliyah's, and though she couldn't hear what he was saying she understood it's meaning... but that wasn't enough for Billie. She shook at his collar once, prompting him to yelp out something of an apology before she finally let go.

Aliyah's gaze flitted to Billie as the woman moved to step away, but, prompted by something that Aliyah hadn't caught given the physical distance between them, turned around and punched him square in the jaw. Aliyah flinched, unable to deny the slight degree of satisfaction that the action had brought her; all the while remaining wary that it might escalate into something much bigger than it needed to be. She remained mostly stationary until Billie moved to return to her side and gently took her hand into her own.

She kept her gaze down as they walked past the group, the men now gathering themselves to leave while one of them clenched painfully at his jaw, and offered a subtle glance in Billie's direction. "You didn't have to do that," she muttered, keeping her voice low until they were out of earshot of the group and making their way into the sidewalk from which they'd previously been interrupted. "But... thank you..." She offered quietly and brushed her thumb along the side of the other woman's palm as they walked hand-in-hand.

They continued a ways further down the sidewalk until the faint thrum of bass hit their ears, enticing them further, and they happened upon a small fair that was taking place within the downtown area. "You wanna check it out?" Aliyah's gaze flitted up to meet Billie's and she squeezed gently on her hand, a broad smile finding its way onto her lips and pulling them upward. "Come on, it'll be fun." She tugged her forward and merged into the crowd.

─────────────────────
people always told me
and don't go around

─────────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 676
Yeah,” Billie muttered, jaw tight underneath her stoic, though internally rioted, expression, “’cept that I did.” Her fingers tightened slightly around Aliyah's, attempting to use the other brunette's presence to calm herself down from the worked up state the dudes had worked her into. Her attempts were fairly fruitless, as each time her mind went back to what he'd yelled she found herself getting pissed again, and momentarily, she wished she'd punched him more than once. Asshole. “Fuckin' white dudes think they can do whatever they wanna. ‘Nd then also get away with that shit.” She relaxed her clenched jaw, and only then her eyes found Aliyah's. “Not on my fuckin' watch.

Only when they stepped away and the distance between the two of them and the group of boys became larger did she finally allow herself to lose that edge. Her attitude became softer, her muscled relaxed, and she allowed her shoulders to hang rather than remain pent up. They seemed to walk aimlessly for a moment, subconsciously gravitating towards the part of town that seemed to have some sort of festival going, and when her eyes came to rest on the ferris wheel and the stands surrounding it, she shook her head.

Hell naw, girl, I ain't gettin' in that.” Just the thought of being up so high had a nausea settle in her stomach, but Aliyah's pleading eyes and her reassurances that the ferris wheel would be left for everyone else did she finally follow. It was a standard fair: kids ran around with various kinds of candy and junk food, people lost spectacularly at claw machines, and Billie felt extraordinarily out of place among the bright colors and happy faces.

A giant teddy bear? Ya kiddin' me, right?” She rolled her eyes when Aliyah shrugged, and once more Billie didn’t stand a chance against the other girl's puppy eyes, so she slapped a five on the counter and the stand boy gave them the toy rifle. “You ever shot before? Hell, why am I askin'. You put this thing ‘gainst your shoulder, ‘n you wanna keep your body sideways. …Yeah, kinda like that.” Billie shrugged, gesturing vaguely at the beat up set of miniature targets across the stand. “Fuck ‘em up, girl.

The rifle’s noise was loud, but it didn't get close to oversounding the laughter that was coming from Billie in response to the way Aliyah failed at all of her attempts. “You supposed to hit them targets, girl!” When she caught her breath, she rummaged through her wallet, pulled out another bill and handed it to the stand boy. “Don’t worry, aight? Imma get you that bear.” Expertly aligning the butt of the rifle with her shoulder, she pulled the trigger, and the first fake bullet shot right through the bullseye of the first target. The second missed, but the third and fourth hit almost effortlessly, as well as the fifth.

I want the bear.” The stand boy looked up at the giant stuffed animal, then scratched his head and shrugged. “You need five hits for the bear. Sorry.

Billie was silent for a moment, catching the glimpse of disappointment that moved over Aliyah's face, and then turned back to the boy. “Aight, kid, lissen. See that girl? She ain't had a good life. All she ever wanted as a lil' girl was to have a giant bear, aight? ‘N now you just gonna smash her dream like that?” The boy's face lost his attentive expression, and he simply listened, losing his care about it completely. “She ain't ever gonna recover from that, boy. So you wanna make her fuckin' day?” “Fine. Fine, fine.” The stand boy waved at her, a frustrated frown curling down his eyebrows. “We all have really hard lives. You can have the bear.” He took it down for them, and Billie handed it over to Aliyah with a triumphant smirk as she hooked her arm through the other girl's and began to walk away from the stand. “See? Nothin' but the best for my girl.

────────────────
let's count the ways

────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 696
Aliyah's expression shifted into something curious when her gentle tugging was met with an immediate halt as Billie dug her heels into the pavement and shook her head, sternly declaring that she "ain't gettin' in that", whatever that was referring to. "...What?" Her gaze followed Billie's line of sight and her furrowed brow instantly gave way for a smile as her eyes fell upon the ferris wheel that towered in the distance. It tickled her to think that Billie, who had shown such fearlessness only moments earlier, might've been afraid of heights.

"We don't have to do the ferris wheel," she reminded, promptly masking her initial amusement at the other girl's obvious fear that seemed to go against the grain of the entire persona that she'd presented to her. "We'll leave it to everyone else," she assured, "I just wanna look around." Her perfectly crafted puppy dog eyes paid off as the other woman eventually discontentedly agreed and the pair stepped into the crowd, still hand in hand.

Feeling exceptionally comfortable in the other woman's presence compared to their interactions prior to the party, Aliyah found no shame in pausing in front of one of the many game stands to ogle at one of the prizes - a giant teddy bear - and offered little more than a shrug in response to the playful roll of eyes that her action had managed to elicit from the other brunette. Billie once more stood no chance against Aliyah's wordless persistence, it seemed, and following an exaggerated sigh, she slapped a five dollar bill onto the counter and began to walk her through the process of how to shoot a toy rifle. Aliyah followed her instruction as best she could, a perpetual smile glued to her lips as she angled the rifle against her shoulder and lined up her shot... only to fail spectacularly with every shot she took. Billie was nearly toppled over in laughter, her amusement over-sounding the repetitive clang of the weapon and continuing long after she'd ceased in her fruitless attempts.

"You know, I'm glad I could amuse you..." Aliyah scorned, but was ultimately unable to fight her own amused grin as she watched the girl struggle to catch her breath through her fit of laughter. Billie composed herself not long after, a look of determination flitting across her ever-confident expression as she rifled through her wallet for another five dollar bill and announced that she was going to win her the bear. She lined up her shots perfectly, squeezing the trigger with an impressive degree of ease as she hit all but one of her intended targets before lowering the rifle and calmly pointing to her intended prize.

A playful glint of disappointment flashed across Aliyah's face when the stand worker explained that five hits were necessary to win the bear and, prepared to settle their losses, she moved to turn away when Billie worked her magic. She fought a grin as the brunette delved straight into some bullshit sob story that the boy clearly didn't believe, but that he didn't want to hear any more of as he finally agreed to give them the bear anyway. Billie took it, a proud grin pulling at the corners of her mouth, and handed it over to Aliyah who smiled and tucked it under her arm. "Thank you," her gaze moved up to meet with Billie's and she playfully bumped lightly into the girl's hip with her own as they walked side by side.

They spent a little less than an hour walking the fairgrounds before they both decided they were ready to leave; Aliyah, who appreciated the memory over the prize that she most certainly had no room for in her dorm, had handed the massive bear over to a gleeful young girl before her fingers worked its way down Billie's forearm to find her hand once more. "You wanna come hang out for a while?" She started, seemingly casual despite the way that her insides had begun to twist at the idea of spending time alone with the other girl. "Becca's making some day trip to another university, so she'll be gone most of the day."

─────────────────────
people always told me
and don't go around

─────────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 709
Billie’s eyebrow raised, a sly grin curling around her lips as the other girl moved closer and bumped her hip into Billie’s in a playful gesture as she took the bear. Despite knowing that there was no way Aliyah would be able to fit the giant stuffed animal in her dorm, it still caught her by surprise when instead of figuring out a way to make it fit, she handed it to a young girl who was ecstatically running her fingers through its ‘fur’. A smile came at Billie’s lips, endeared not only by the girl’s sheer joy at receiving a giant fluffy bear but also at Aliyah’s willingness to part with it in return for just making another person’s day. Her fingers tightened slightly around the other girl’s, but Billie squared out her shoulders and wiped the smile off her face before the other woman could look over and see her approval, instead feigning indifference.

They walked the fairgrounds for a short while longer before they collectively agreed that it was enough; a knowing, sly grin appearing on Billie’s face when Aliyah instead attempted to prolong their proximity and invited her to her dorm. At the mention of her bitchy roommate being gone, Billie’s smile widened, a knowing twinkle appearing in her eyes as she figured out just why the other girl had gone out of her way to invite her. “Hm,” she cocked her head, planting her heels in the ground and stopping them as her free hand moved to rest against her own hip, and she allowed the grin to spread as her gaze met Aliyah’s. “Whatchu have in mind?

They fooled around for a bit in Aliyah’s dorm, and although nothing came of it yet, Billie left feeling satisfied and with a tingle in her stomach and a bounce in her step that was not entirely unknown to her, but definitely stronger than she’d ever felt before.

Four days passed, and the car that was parked a street and a half away from Billie’s dorm was begging to be stolen. She’d been eyeing it for a couple hours from behind the safe walls of her 4th floor dorm. It was a sleek black sports car, heavy engine and open roof; her hands were tingling just from the idea of driving it – and it was then that she realized it was the perfect car to pick up chicks in. One particular girl. She sent Aliyah a short text, asking her where she could pick her up from, before putting on her bomberjacket and moving out the door. The alleyway where the car was parked was practically empty, so she pulled a bobby pin out of her hair and jimmied the lock until it snapped open. The alarm didn’t go off until she was already in the driver’s seat, and it let out a singular honk before she managed to slice through the alarm wire, allowing the sound to be drowned into the distant rustling of the city.

It only took her about five minutes of fidgeting with the wires under the dashboard until the engine turned and began to purr underneath her; the surprised, impressed grin that found her lips barely fading as she pulled out of the alleyway and drove in the direction of the park near the college.

With sunglasses on and her elbow out the open window, Billie pulled over on the street next to where Aliyah and a number of her friends were sitting in the grass with open books scattered around. She honked once, the engine of the car rumbling quietly as she leaned partially out of the window. “Babe, get in!” The surprised look on Aliyah’s face made way for a broad grin and Billie’s face mirrored it as she watched how quickly the other woman packed her bags and left her friends in favor of spending time with her instead. Billie’s eyes followed as Aliyah crossed the street and slipped into the seat next to her. “Whose car is that?” She stuck her chin up, lowering the sunglasses just far enough to make eye contact over them, before shrugging. “Found it somewhere.” She pouted out her lip, before pushing the sunglasses up again, and pulling out onto the road.

────────────────
let's count the ways

────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 675
There was no doubting that Aliyah and Billie had grown fonder in the time since they'd met, but the slowness that the progression of their relationship - she felt confident she could call it that now - had taken to had Aliyah craving more; so when Billie texted her half a week after the last time they'd seen each other and asked where she could pick her up the brunette didn't hesitate to offer up the location of the park where she was studying with her friends. "Ali?" The girl looked up from where she'd been smiling at her phone, her expression faltering when she registered the irritated look her roommate was giving her as her gaze dipped down to the phone in her hand. "Do you really have to do that right now?"

It was no secret that Becca didn't like Billie - she'd made that plenty clear from the moment that Aliyah had shown an obvious interest in the other woman - and now, concluding that it had to have been the charismatic woman who was breaking Aliyah's attention and interrupting their study session, was no different. She lifted her eyebrows in a quick gesture that wordlessly conveyed her apology - though visibly insincere - and slid her phone into her pocket. The group buried their noses back into the various textbooks that lay splayed open in the grass, interrupted a short time later when, much to Becca's dismay, a car honked from across the street. Each of their gazes lifted, but Aliyah was the only one whose expression stretched into a broad grin when she spotted Billie leaning out from the open car window.

Without so much as a word goodbye Aliyah began stuffing her books into her bag and bounced onto her feet, a noticeable spring in her step as she crossed the street where Billie had the car idling near the curb. She reached for the door handle, suddenly aware that this was much too nice a car for someone still paying their way through college, and slipped into the passenger seat with a look of curiosity melting into the excited smile she was still sporting at the sight of the other woman. "Whose car is this?" She tucked her bag near her feet and her gaze found Billie's, who smoothly declared that she'd "found it somewhere", and had it been anyone else in the driver's seat Aliyah would've been back out of the car quicker than they could've reacted, but Billie's effortless charm kept her glued right where she was - her moral compass spinning as it attempted to adjust to this new shift in character - and she clicked her seatbelt in place as they pulled onto the road and began to drive.

They talked as they went, the little voice in the back of Aliyah's head that normally would've been screaming about the trouble that this could land both of them in legally muted to little more than a quiet whisper that she could easily tune out as she convinced herself that Billie could talk her way out of anything they might've found themselves stuck in, and the car rolled to an eventual stop at the top of a wooded hill overlooking a small section of the city below a fair deal of time later. Billie got out of the car first, popping into the back seat to grab a blanket that she'd left folded there, and spread it over the hood of the car as Aliyah stepped out to meet her. They sat lounging against the hood, the discomfort of the metal surface below the thin blanket easily ignored in their shared company, and Aliyah watched with a calm fixation as Billie lit a joint and popped it between her lips. She had a softness about her that Aliyah hadn't noticed before but that had her mesmerized and, upon the other brunette taking notice to the way that she'd been watching her, Aliyah dipped closer and brought their lips together in a soft, lazy kiss, catching a taste of the smoke on her lips.

Last edited:

─────────────────────
people always told me
and don't go around

─────────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 682
this sucks so bad holy fuck!!!
Billie’s eyes strayed temporarily from the road in front of her when she realized her obviously crafted response that she “found the car somewhere”, implying what she’d done to get it metaphorically in her hands, didn’t scare Aliyah off enough to make her want to get out. There wasn’t even a glimpse of doubt on the other girl’s face as Billie’s gaze moved over her for a split second before she pulled her eyes back onto the road. Despite how she’d invited the other girl to join her after she’d stolen the car, Billie had still expected that she wouldn’t be okay with it and that she’d get out and leave, or possibly even ask Billie – by use of her puppy eyes, which Aliyah knew were an instant “yes” from Billie – to return the car to where she’d initially taken it. But that entire response never came, and Aliyah didn’t break a sweat as she joined Billie in the car, not once bringing up the illegal status of the situation they found themselves in.

They talked while Billie drove them out of town, Aliyah’s voice not trembling once, and Billie having to suppress a raised, but still somewhat proud eyebrow at Aliyah’s sudden fearlessness. The road in front of them was winding, but largely empty, and the engine purred underneath Billie’s feet as she pressed a bit harder onto the gas, the wind whipping around the open roof as the car shot over the road, and she couldn’t help the grin that was immediately playing at her lips at the thrill of it.

She eventually pulled over on a hill a few dozen feet away from the road, parking the car in the grass and leaning over to the backseat to retrieve a blanket that she’d brought. It did little to soften the hard metal that they sat on after she’d spread it out over the hood, leaning back against the window, but Billie didn’t care. The view was good from over here and they sat in silence for a few minutes until Billie began to dig through her pockets and pulled out a blunt and her lighter. She made a short gesture towards Aliyah to offer it to her, but the brunette refused, like Billie expected, and instead she tucked it between her own lips and lit it. The smoke curled from between her lips, twisting upwards and dissipating into the hot summer air. Billie lost her bomber jacket, throwing it over the windshield into the backseat of the car, and when she turned back towards Aliyah the other girl’s eyes were glued to her in a way that did have Billie’s eyebrow pull up.

She didn’t move, allowing Aliyah’s hand to find the side of her jaw and slowly coax her closer as she dipped in herself. Their lips met slowly, and through the taste of the smoke of the joint that was still tucked between her fingers, there were traces of something sweet on Aliyah’s lips. Billie pushed a bit harder, taking control, and her elbow moved back to lean against the windshield as she slowly coaxed the brunette on top of her. Aliyah’s knees came down on either side of Billie’s hips, and there was a small noise that fell from the smaller brunette’s lips as Billie deepened the kiss that had her insides twisting. “Hmm,” Billie eventually pulled away, just far enough to be able to look Aliyah in the eyes, but remaining close to her as she pushes the joint between her lips again, before letting go of the smoke in a thin cloud of grey mist. “Ya had somethin’ in mind for today?” The grin that curled around her lips only grew wider when she caught sight of the slight blush on the brunette’s cheeks, and Billie shrugged, settling a bit more comfortable against the windshield.

Her knee pulled up almost soundlessly, and just then, her thigh came in contact with Aliyah’s jeans, and she pushed slowly, upward, keeping her eyes on the other girl to gauge her response. “’Cause if ya don’t… I do.

Last edited:

────────────────
let's count the ways

────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 531

aaand probs gonna have to cut that off there
The contact between their lips started soft, the pressure between them increasing steadily as Billie leaned toward her and eventually took control. Aliyah complied as the other woman began to guide her closer, gently coaxing her until she was on top of her with her knees on either side of her hips and her fingers found either side of the brunette's jaw. Billie was the one to deepen the kiss despite the leverage that Aliyah's position gave her and a quiet hum fell from Aliyah's lips as the woman's tongue grazed against the edge of her lower lip. Her lips had just begun to press down, longing for pressure, when Billie broke away from the kiss.

Their gazes met just as Billie was pushing the tip of the joint between her lips and inhaling, a thin veil of gray smoke momentarily blurring her features before it dissipated into the clear sky that hung above them to reveal the smug, satisfied smirk that was now pulling at her lips. Aliyah, who had been feeling admittedly confident until then, felt her cheeks grow warmer when her intentions were suddenly being questioned, but Billie simply shrugged before she could even think to formulate some undoubtedly stuttered response and made herself comfortable against the car's windshield. She had little time to linger on the flustered churning that had settled somewhere in her stomach before she felt the other woman begin to stir beneath her and in a slow, careful movement the woman's knee was bending to connect with the space between her thighs. A stuttered gasp lifted from her chest and Aliyah chewed down on her lower lip, automatically grinding down into the pressure to alleviate the want that had settled there. She leaned in to meet the brunette in another kiss, hardly able to mask the needy moans that were flooding into the contact as Billie's knee pulled higher.

The kiss deepened, traces of desperation present in both of their movements though much more masterfully masked from Billie's side, and Aliyah was left looking slightly perplexed when the other woman eventually broke away from the kiss and moved out from underneath her. She paused long enough for Aliyah to follow suit and grabbed the blanket from the hood of the car, throwing it into the backseat before she saw herself into the driver's side and toyed with the wires underneath the steering wheel until the engine purred to life. They were on each other again faster than Aliyah knew how to react and the tips of her fingers grazed gently against the side of the other woman's face as she pulled her closer, the motion being met with Billie easily guiding and coaxing her onto her lap.

Aliyah's knees came down on either side of Billie's waist and she kept herself slightly lifted, opting against sitting back onto the other woman's thighs, and deepened the kiss herself as she cupped the brunette's jaw with the palms of her hands. The throbbing need between her thighs had become almost unbearable, forming a thick haze in her mind as she felt the brunette's hands beginning to wander from where she'd been holding her at her waist.

─────────────────────
people always told me
and don't go around

─────────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 555
Billie sat up, reaching out to pull the sheets over the other girl’s form, only rolling to the side and making herself comfortable against the headboard when Aliyah had curled up under the blanket. The brunette inched closer burying her face into Billie’s side, and while Billie wasn’t uncomfortable with physical contact in a situation like this one, she wasn’t familiar with it and it took her a couple moments before she relaxed. Usually, she or the other girl would immediately leave afterwards, get dressed and out the door as quickly as possible, but Aliyah seemed to have other plans.

The brunette snuggled her face into Billie’s side, her breathing slowly returning to normal as Billie’s arm eventually came to rest around Aliyah’s waist, while she fiddled with her phone on the other. They sat, largely in silence, like that for a while, Aliyah curled up underneath the blankets – her clothing still strewn about the dorm floor – both their heartbeats slowly getting back down to normal. Maybe the situation was a little too warm and a little too comfortable, because before Billie knew it, Aliyah’s breathing slowed even further and she soundlessly fell asleep, curled up against Billie’s side. Only after a few minutes, when Billie was sure she wasn’t going to wake up from Billie’s movements, she shifted slightly away from the brunette’s grip, and managed to reach just far enough to get her bra and her shirt from where they’d been discarded on the floor.

She let Aliyah sleep through thirty or so minutes, eventually pulled out of her train of thought – all the while messing around on her phone as not to wake the brunette – when the door was being pushed open. It wasn’t a secret that Becca didn’t like Billie, but the face she made when she saw Billie lounging comfortably against the headboard with a naked Aliyah at her side had something within Billie flaring up both into pride – because she managed to make her make that face – and into sheer joy, because the feeling was mutual. Becca didn’t speak, only looked Billie up and down disapprovingly, her gaze flicking briefly to Aliyah’s covered up form under the blankets.

The blonde messed around in the apartment for a moment, visibly agitated by Billie’s casual presence, and on more than one occasion seemingly wanting to say something before catching herself, until she finally turned around and addressed Billie directly in a hushed voice filled with annoyance. “You need to go. I have to change for this… thing I’m going to and I don’t- I’d like some privacy.” Billie only smirked at first, wanting to clap back with something smart and sassy about how she’d leave when Aliyah wanted her to leave, but swallowed the words before they could come out of her mouth and start a turf war between herself and Becca.

She didn’t speak, only wordlessly removed herself from Aliyah’s sleeping grasp, and took her time getting her things, just to piss Becca off a little more. Only when she moved out of the dorm did she turn to face the blonde, and sent her an obviously faked, self-assured smile. “Hmm, see ya, homegirl.” She turned on her heels, beginning to walk away, but still remaining close by to hear Becca’s annoyed huff before she closed the door behind Billie.

────────────────
let's count the ways

────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 430

me @ becca rn
Feeling deeply satiated by the events that had transpired between herself and the other woman, Aliyah didn't even realize she'd been drifting off until she found herself waking up in bed - alone - some time later. The sheets had been pulled up and tucked under her arms, effectively covering her otherwise bare chest, and she blinked against the afternoon sun that was spilling through the blinds as she pulled her forearm up to cover her face.

"Morning, princess..."

The voice sent a rush of adrenaline coursing through Aliyah's previously relaxed form and she felt herself grow tense at the irritation that was laced into Becca's voice where she'd expected to hear Billie's. Suddenly feeling exposed, she pulled at the edge of the blanket and held it a little tighter against her chest. She pushed against the mattress with her heel until she was half-sitting against the headboard and her tired gaze scanned the room curiously. "Where's--"

"Billie?" Becca finished. "I don't know. I got here like an hour ago and it was just you..."

"...Oh." Aliyah felt her stomach begin to pull in disappointment but kept her face neutral. She raked her fingers through her hair as her gaze dipped to the floor, namely her clothes that still laid scattered about, and she tried to determine how she could get to them (and back into them) without making things even more uncomfortable. However, just as she was moving to wrap the sheets around her frame, Becca was removing herself from her own bed and fetching her discarded T-shirt from the floor to hand to her.

"It looks like you two had a good time though."

Aliyah breathed something of a laugh in response to her roommate's sarcastic teasing, but it failed to reflect in her eyes as she strained to determine what she could've done to drive Billie away without so much as a goodbye. She pulled her shirt over her head and let the sheets drop so that they pooled around her hips. Had she read the signals all wrong? She felt a bout of uneasiness begin to wash over her as the realization that maybe she and Billie weren't on the same page began to overwhelm her.

It was an hour later before she worked up the courage to grab her phone from the nightstand and open Billie's contact. "Hey," she typed, "I'm sorry for falling asleep on you." She sent, allowing a few minutes with no response to pass before she texted her again. "I'm free after class tomorrow. Do you wanna grab a coffee or something? Lmk."

─────────────────────
people always told me
and don't go around

─────────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 469
Billie had, in what little time had passed since she’d left Becca’s – no, Aliyah’s – dorm, had plenty of time to reflect on her blessed moments in the company of Aliyah’s roommate and with that, her quickly building hatred of Becca. Initially, she’d sat on the backrest of one of the park benches just outside of the dorm building Aliyah’s room was located in, hands fidgeting with a smoldering cigarette whilst her insides felt even hotter than before. Usually, she didn’t let these things get to her, but Billie couldn’t deny that the girl had done her absolute best to get on Billie’s nerves – and succeeded – and she simply didn’t want to reign herself in anymore. Billie wouldn’t seek conflict, not in this case, but if Becca tried anything else to get between her and Aliyah, she wouldn’t avoid taking matters into her own hands.

She’d gone to walk back to her own dorm then, a few blocks away – the car she’d stolen was parked a little ways away from where she’d taken it, and she felt confident enough that it’d be found without any traces back to them, so she didn’t bother with that. By the time she reached her own dorm, Isaiah was lounging back onto his bed and barely looked up from his phone as she walked in. His gaze didn’t even flick over to her, remaining glued to the screen of the electric device he held in his hand, but he still addressed her nonetheless. “’Sup, Bill.” She only grunted back at him, working her feet out of her sneakers and plopping down onto the bed next to him. “Ey, get out of-” he seemed to reconsider his words when he caught onto the frown between her eyebrows, and instead shuffled over a little bit to make room for her. “What up? Some girl break your heart?

She grunted again, burying her face into his pillows as her shoulders remained pulled taut behind her. He only chuckled, sighed, and went back to what he’d been doing before.

It was only fifteen minutes after that when her phone made the short notification tune, twice in a row in a span of just as many minutes. She groaned, rolling off the side of the bed, but just too far so she landed onto the dorm floor with a quiet “oof”, before crawling her way unceremoniously to her phone and picking it up from the edge of the bed. “Oh, god,” she groaned when she saw the name that popped up on her screen, “if that fucking bitch hacked her phone-

It wasn’t the case. Instead, the message was from Aliyah herself, asking Billie if she’d want to hang the next day, and without much of a delay in her response, she replied. “sure, ill pick u up. 4pm?

────────────────
let's count the ways

────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 604

it's bad, but it's something...
The tension that Aliyah had unknowingly held onto began to fall away when her phone buzzed against her palm to signal Billie's response only minutes after she'd reached out to her. The thrumming of her heart settled to a much more reasonable pace when, upon opening the message, she determined that the other woman wasn't upset with her - she couldn't pinpoint exactly what Billie had to be angry about, but the possibility had reared its head when she'd woken up alone - and they agreed on a time to meet up after class the next afternoon. She drafted a small number of responses but promptly deleted them in favor of a simple "Perfect. See you then!" before she exited the chat.

The next morning came quickly, and, due to the unusually high number of deadlines she had to meet before that afternoon, four o'clock came even quicker. She packed her things, sliding her laptop from the table she'd set up camp at in the library into her rucksack, and made her way to the courtyard - grateful for the chance to take a break from her ever-growing mountain of assignments to spend time with Billie. It'd been a few hours since they'd last texted each other - since early that morning, to be more precise - but nothing of their (albeit, brief) conversation indicated to Aliyah that there was any change to their plans.

She thought it strange when she arrived to the courtyard to find Billie nowhere in sight - she was surprisingly punctual - but assumed she must've been running late and thought little more of it as her gaze scanned the space for an empty table. She waited ten minutes, pulled her laptop from her bag after twenty, and habitually checked her messages for any sort of update from the other woman while she used the free time to work on her assignment.

"Everything good?" She eventually texted after nearly forty minutes without a word from Billie. Her stomach churned uneasily as her gaze fixated itself to the message marker beneath her chat bubble and the "sent" failed to switch to "read". It was another twenty minutes before her laptop's battery indicator flashed red and, upon no word from Billie, she packed her things and started down the sidewalk. "Hey. Hopefully everything's okay. I'm gonna head to my dorm. Lmk if you wanna talk." She sent, worried that the other woman might think she was prodding despite the fact that her worry was justified, and slid her phone into her pocket while she finished the walk to her building.

Becca wasn't home - thank God - and while Aliyah managed to successfully distracted herself with her schoolwork for a short time, it wasn't long before doubt began flooding her mind. Had she done something wrong? Said something wrong? She kept her phone at an arm's length, discouraging herself from checking it obsessively, but reached out for it when her curiosity became too much to bear. She opened her chat with Billie, a pang of disappointment settling somewhere in her gut when she saw that she'd still yet to receive anything new from the other woman, but it twisted into something else when she saw that the receipts had been changed from "sent" to "read" with no acknowledgement of her messages.

She was angry suddenly, something she'd never experienced with Billie, and waited another ten minutes before she sent her final text of the night. "Okay. I'll text you tomorrow." She sent, promptly discarding her phone onto the nightstand, and opted to get ready for bed rather than sit and fester in her own thoughts over what had gone wrong.

─────────────────────
people always told me
and don't go around

─────────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 641
Hey, Billie!

With clenched jaw and balled fists, Billie averted her eyes from the man that had called out to her and kept on walking, eyes focused on a point in front of her. It was the same guy that had teased her and Aliyah that day before they’d gone to the festival, when he’d bothered Aliyah and Billie had had to teach him a lesson – one that he, evidently, needed his memory refreshed for.

Ey, I’m talking to you! How’s your cute girlfriend, eh? She still got that cute little ass?

Problem was, his dorm was in the same building as Billie’s. And he’d made it into a habit to bother her, to step on her tail whenever he saw her, just to get a rise out of her. Apparently, he hadn’t learned from last time she’d resorted to more extreme measures to make him shut up. And despite how her fists were aching to plant themselves in his face, she kept herself composed. There were more important things to spend her energy on.

Ya know, just the right size to fit it in your hands as you’re pounding away. You know that feel, Billie?

Her teeth grinded against each other, her biceps balling up from tension as she used every ounce of her self-discipline in her own imperative to stay put and not let it escalate into something more than it needed to be, but god. This guy had been getting on her nerves a lot the last few weeks, intentionally trying to coax it out of her, trying to get under her skin, trying to-

Too bad she’s a dyke. Maybe that can be fixed th-

He didn’t manage to finish his sentence, promptly cut off when Billie finally turned and, in the same motion, punched him in the jaw. “Say one more word about her, motherfucker, and I’ll end your ass right here.

He only grinned, his hand pushing briefly against the already reddening spot on his jaw, and then, lightning fast and unexpected, moved in and did the exact same thing to Billie. Her head shot back, and she stumbled back a few paces, her nose already beginning to bleed in response to his hit. “That all you got?

His friends tried to intervene, but he waved them back down, and Billie let go of the reign she had over her unbridled rage within that was directed at him. They landed punches on each other, Billie’s teeth found his arm, he pulled her hair and they roughed each other up until with a final hit, Billie stumbled and fell. Her back hit the ground and she groaned briefly at the soreness that embedded itself into all of her muscles, every movement too much for her bruised arms. “And stay down.” He spat on the ground next to her, before wiping his own face and turning, before sauntering away.

Billie stumbled back to her dorm, her date with Aliyah completely forgotten as she pushed through the door and immediately collapsed on her own bed. “Ey, B- Jesus, what the fuck happened?” “…Ow.

The next hour was spent in Isa’s company, as he patched her up as best he knew how and listened to her side of the story – Billie way too occupied with reigning in Isaiah’s temper towards the guy that had kicked her ass to even remember texting Aliyah back or letting her know why she’d stood her up. She opened the messages some time after Isaiah had left to get some ice from the cafeteria, but was distracted when her nosebleed started again, and only really remembered to text Aliyah back later that night when she was about to head to bed.

hey, sorry for standing you up, something came up and i couldnt make it. i cant hang rn but ill let u know.

────────────────
let's count the ways

────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 737

billie & isaiah rn
"You're in bed early... What happened to your hot date?" Aliyah had stirred awake at the door opening and closing. Chatter from the hallway followed Becca inside as she moved to the nightstand parallel to Aliyah's and flicked her lamp on, saturating the space in its warm light. The blonde plucked her T-shirt and cotton shorts from where they sat folded neatly upon her perfectly made bed and gave an interested lift of her eyebrows when Aliyah responded with little more than a disinterested hum, silently imploring her to elaborate.

"Billie didn't show," Aliyah raked her fingers through her hair and sighed, having pushed the thought from mind long enough to successfully find sleep but now troubled with the burden of having it dragged to the forefront of her mind again.

"Hm," Becca hummed and Aliyah wondered how someone could sound so insultingly condescending without so much as uttering a word. "She seems like the type."

"I'm sure it's nothing," Aliyah countered, feeling an obligation to come to Billie's defense despite the anger that she'd felt toward her herself. "I'll text her tomorrow and we'll reschedule...... Can you turn that light off though? I have to get up early."

"Someone's in a mood..."

Aliyah parted her lips to respond, but in the same instance Becca was climbing into her own bed and the room returned to its darkened state following the soft click of the light switch. She rolled over upon the mattress until she was facing the wall and left her cellphone untouched until the following morning when her alarm began to chime upon her nightstand. She curled her fingers around the device, shutting off the alarm first, and stared through half-squinted eyes at the incoming notification. One new message from: Billie.

The irritation that she'd felt the night before seemed to fall away and she clicked on the notification to open the chat between herself and Billie. She read over it, appreciative of the simple acknowledgement, and typed out her own response with little hesitation as she remained comfortably entangled within her sheets. "No problem. Hope everything's okay." She sent, fully expecting to have to wait a few hours before she got a response as she knew Billie was more of a late riser, and forced herself out of bed to get ready for the day.

What she hadn't expected was that her initial text from Billie - the vague apology with little in the way of an explanation - was the only one she'd get for two days. She texted her a handful of times, nearly called her on one occasion, and suffered through Becca's condescending comments and smug looks as she was forced into mental cartwheels to try to figure out where she'd gone wrong. She tried to distract herself with schoolwork but found her mind circling back to Billie and wound up obsessively analyzing the texts that she'd sent her for any hidden clues before she could even think to make any headway on her assignments.

It was mid afternoon on the second day when, in a moment of feeling particularly bold after Billie had left yet another one of her texts on read, Aliyah grabbed her keys and headed for the other side of campus. She wasn't in the mood for games. At the very least Billie owed her an explanation for her sudden cold shoulder and Aliyah felt determined to get just that as she cut through the courtyard and followed the sidewalk to the other woman's building.

Her confidence had wavered considerably by the time that she reached the door and even more so as she climbed the steps to the correct floor, fleeing her entirely as she paused in front of Billie's dorm. She forced herself forward - she hadn't come all this way for nothing - and sucked in a deep breath before she knocked twice against the wood and waited.

Her stomach churned and twisted and she had the sudden urge to run and avoid confrontation as the quiet approaching of footsteps sounded from behind the door. But she stayed put regardless, masking the overwhelming nervousness that she felt as the door pulled open on a crack and, instead of Billie, she was greeted by the woman's roommate - God, what was his name again? "Oh... Isaiah-" that was it, she suddenly recalled Billie's other friend, Tish, telling her before the party. "Is Billie around? I need to talk to her."

─────────────────────
people always told me
and don't go around

─────────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 704
Aliyah hadn’t texted her back that night, but the next morning – following a night of nosebleeds and sore ribs – Billie awoke to a text from the other girl. She read over it sleepily, before pushing the device under her pillow and rolling over, only to be kicked out of her nest by Isaiah at noon. She’d completely forgotten about Aliyah’s text at first, the notification having removed itself from her home screen and her phone seemingly lost in the abyss until she finally got Isaiah to call her and found it vibrating underneath her pillow, where she’d tucked it that morning.

A day passed. Billie’s bruises turned dark and her cheek swelled up, her bruised ribs aching with every breath and the pain causing her to find almost no comfort whatsoever, no matter the position she was in. She hated being stuck in one place like that, but she hated it even more to feel vulnerable or to show weakness to the outside world, so she kept herself cooped up in her dorm and broke contact with everyone but Isaiah and Tish, who’d showed up after the fifteenth consecutive hour of no texts from Billie, and who knew her better than to just leave it at that.

Jesus, Bill, you look like shit.

Yeah, good to see you too, I guess.” Billie murmured, pulling a sweater over her shirt, before turning back to Tish. “No, don’t-“ her words were intercepted by Tish’s hands moving out and raising the rim of Billie’s shirt, baring the dark-and-light skin that was now accompanied by a number of dark blue blotches around her chest and stomach.

Who the hell did you beat up this time, huh? Some other guy stepped on your tail?” Tish’s hand moved up to touch one of the bruises, and Billie winced, pulling away and straightening out her shirt, gesturing wordlessly for that to be the end of the touching.

I ain’t lettin’ that piece of shit talk about her like that, Tish. Ya know I can’t.

Did you even talk to her in the last couple days? …Don’t look at me like that, I know you get all isolated when you’re hurt, and you’ll feel all sorry for your own ass.

Billie couldn’t get another word in before there was a knock at the door right after, and her stomach sunk within her. She just knew who was going to be on the other side of the door, and she didn’t want to face her, didn’t want her to see Billie in any state other than ready to take on anything. She didn’t want her to know that Billie could be weak, too. It didn’t fit in the reputation, in the image of her that she wanted other people to have. “Fuck. It’s her, you tell her I ain’t here.” She hissed at Isaiah as he moved to the door, and he shrugged, before pulling it open.

The voice that came from behind was the one everyone had been expecting, and Billie cringed visibly when Isaiah paused, didn’t immediately shoot her down. His eyes flicked from Aliyah behind the door to Billie on the other side, and she gestured wildly, but he shrugged again. “Yeah, she’s here.” “Next time I lay eyes on your ass, I fuckin’ end you.

Let’s leave the ladies to it, Isa.

Watching Isaiah and Tish leave had Billie’s stomach churn uncomfortably within her, but she kept her face stoic and unmoving as the empty space that they left was quickly filled by Aliyah’s presence. Her gaze moved slowly up to meet with Aliyah’s, only to rest there and see the frown between her eyebrows immediately shift into something else when she laid eyes on Billie’s bruised face and split lip. “It ain’t anything big, girl, don’t get ya panties all up in a bunch. It’s just a few bruises.” She leaned back when Aliyah attempted to take her face into her hands, shoving her hands a little deeper into the pockets of her jeans as she leaned back against the headboard of her bed.

Hey, listen, aight? The whole textin’ thing... I just had different things on my mind, ya know? I’ll make it up to ya, though.

────────────────
let's count the ways

────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 399

angery!!!
Aliyah hesitated, caught off guard by the quickness of Isaiah's confirmation, and let go of some of the tenseness that she'd been holding in her shoulders as he pulled the door open the rest of the way to let her inside. Her eyes didn't find Billie right away - she sidestepped to allow the other two to see themselves out of the room and kept her gaze low - but when they did the anger that had settled within her quickly lost its hold. "Oh my god -" the crease between her eyebrows loosened and faded as she set eyes upon the woman's battered, discolored face. Suddenly, she felt sorry for ever feeling angry at all and moved to close the distance between them as she stepped toward the bed. "What happened?" Her thumb barely grazed the side of Billie's jaw before the other woman was leaning back and away from her touch and she slowly withdrew her hands.

She listened and found herself bearing little patience for the brunette's usual stoicism as she brushed off the bruises and split lip as "nothing big" and moved straight into an apology regarding her sudden absence, claiming she'd been preoccupied with other things. "I mean... yeah... I can see that." She took half a step back and crossed her arms. "I'm not mad, Billie, I don't need you to make anything up to me," she lied, shrugging, "I was just worried I guess. It's been two days. Did you... did you, like, get into it with someone? What happened?" She watched, waiting for something, anything from the brunette.

Billie sat, face unmoving aside from a visible tightening of her jaw, and averted her gaze from Aliyah's own as they remained in absolute silence. Realizing the answer that she sought would never come, Aliyah inhaled sharply and unfolded her arms, her annoyance bubbling over once again. "You know what? Whatever, Billie." She threw her arms up in surrender and stepped away from the bed but turned again before she reached the door. "I came here for a simple explanation, but if you can't even give me that..." She curled her fingers around the doorknob and twisted, pulling the door open and turning away from the other woman. "Text me when you're ready to talk." Her words were sharp and dripping with anger as she yanked at the knob and let the door slam behind her.

─────────────────────
people always told me
and don't go around

─────────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 704
There was a momentary silence between the two of them, before Aliyah crossed her arms in front of her and responded, finally, to Billie’s words. Billie’s eyes, from behind her bruised, swollen cheek, finally met with Aliyah’s as she turned slightly, took note of the frown between her eyebrows as she spoke, of the light shrug around her shoulders when she told her not to lie, but her jaw tightened when the brunette instead attempted to coax an answer out of Billie, and she turned her head away slightly all the while remaining silent. It only took the other woman a few moments to figure out that Billie wasn’t going to respond, wasn’t going to give up her reasoning that easily – after all, she’d done it for Aliyah, but the reasoning was stupid and impulsive and she didn’t want to rile herself up again by thinking about that guy’s annoying face – and the brunette threw her arms up in annoyance and turned.

Even when she was at the door, threatening to leave, Billie didn’t respond, only stared quietly at the footboard of the bed, watching the door slam behind her from the corner of her eye, and let out a breath she hadn’t realized she’d been holding when silence returned to the dorm.

It took her a week to build up the courage to text Aliyah back; a week without any contact between the two of us, and even then she could only muster a short question about meeting up at Billie’s dorm later that day. The response she received for it was equally short but at least positive, and Billie managed a low grin as she rolled out of bed and got dressed. She chose to make a stop at the Starbucks nearby to pick up drinks for both of them, hopefully to make a good first impression on mending whatever bond they’d had that was now broken, but was stopped dead in her tracks when she realized she was being followed.

She paused, stood there in the middle of the campus, outside, hands balled into fists and seething on the inside as she realized who was following her, and just barely turned around in time to meet his gaze mere inches away from her own. “What the fuck you doin’, huh?” He only grinned, the epitome of stuck-up right in front of her, and she suddenly itched to wipe that grin off his face. “See, there’s that attitude again. …I haven’t seen you with your girl, lately. She single, by any chance?

Billie’s jaw clenched, and she turned away, ready to keep walking and ignore him – he was obviously just trying to get a rise out of her. “Ey, where you goin’?” His hand closed, tight, around her wrist, and he yanked her back; she turned and reached out in the same motion, disappointed when her fist hit nothing but air. He didn’t stop his friends from helping him this time, and it wasn’t even five minutes later before Billie was stumbling back to her dorm, through the dorm halls, hand pushed against her nose to stanch the bleeding, barely able to keep her balance a couple times and threatening to fall over, her meeting with Aliyah completely forgotten in that moment. Only when she rounded a corner and her good eye – the one that wasn’t hidden behind a quickly-swelling cheek – came to rest on the figure in front of her door; one that turned towards her the moment she came around. A very familiar figure.

Ugh, Jesus” she muttered, allowing Aliyah to grasp her by the elbow and support her to keep her on her legs as she handed the brunette her key. “I’m fine, girl- ugh, no, I’m not.” She leaned heavily on the sink, spitting out blood and running the water to wash the blood off her face that was still steadily coming out of her nose and split eyebrow, only sitting down on the edge of the bed when Aliyah coaxed her down. “That one dude, from… the park that one time. Remember him?” She muttered half under her breath, wincing every time Aliyah’s fingers came in contact with the bruises on her face. “He’s a motherfuckin’ asshole.

────────────────
let's count the ways

────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 677
It was a week before Aliyah heard from Billie again; while her anger had initially surged in the hours after their last encounter the lack of contact had provided her with ample time to cool down and reconsider the situation from a more level-headed perspective. The text from Billie had come as a surprise - it was nothing heartfelt, just a simple invitation to meet up at Billie and Isaiah's shared dorm later that afternoon - and Aliyah, who'd never been one to play games, responded as soon as she'd become aware of the text to tell her she'd be there.

Part of her was nervous, another relieved, and some small but incessant part of her skeptical as to what their meet-up would entail after a full week without contact, but she pressed on regardless and walked through the courtyard to Billie's dorm determined not to be late. Her stomach felt like it was doing somersaults inside of her when she'd finished climbing the stairs and stopped in front of the other brunette's dorm. She'd felt embarrassed about the note she'd chosen to leave on during her dramatic exit a week ago but told herself that this was her chance to set things right as she tentatively raised her fist to knock against the wood.

A minute passed without answer and, just as she was pulling her phone from her pocket to text the woman, a figure rounded the corner. Her eyes, attracted to the movement, glanced sideways and it took a long handful of seconds before it registered in her mind that who she was looking at was Billie. She was bleeding and bruised, hardly managing to hold herself upright, and Aliyah found herself temporarily stuck in place before she sprung into action.

"Billie?" She could feel the color drain from her face as she closed what little distance remained between the two of them and grasped at the brunette's elbow to help keep her upright. She didn't have time to ask her what had happened before a key was being pushed into her hand and she guided the other woman inside and to the sink where she colored the porcelain with varying shades of pink and red as she spit blood into the running water. Her hand lingered somewhere near the small of her back, able to offer little more than a comforting touch before the bleeding eventually began to slow and she gently coaxed Billie toward the bed where her question must've been written all over her face.

"Who?" She asked initially, pinching her eyebrows together as she tried to piece together who Billie was talking about before she suddenly recalled the brunette's standoff with a group of men a few weeks past. She couldn't remember the face of the one that Billie was referring to specifically but recalled enough to confidently say that she knew who she was talking about. "Jesus, Billie -" she moved to touch her eyebrow but immediately retracted her hand when the touch earned a hissing wince from the other woman. "Sorry."

She coaxed the brunette onto the bed, propped up against the headboard, and ran a washcloth under warm water for her to hold against her still-bleeding eyebrow while she stepped out of the room to get two cupfuls of crushed ice from the machine in the hallway. "Here," she tied the ends of a cloth around a small plastic bag packed full with ice and gingerly placed it into the brunette's palm. "It'll help with the swelling." She moved to sit at the foot of the bed near Billie's calves. She watched with a poorly masked concern as the other woman held the ice against her battered face and let her hand rest on the inside of Billie's leg near the side of her knee. "I'm gonna take a wild shot in the dark and guess this was what you didn't want to tell me last time?" Her gaze lifted and dragged past the slow rise and fall of Billie's abdomen with each strained breath to connect with her eyes.

Last edited:

─────────────────────
people always told me
and don't go around

─────────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 498
Him and his friends,” Billie muttered, voice low and completely out of breath as she rested her hand against one of the painful spots on her ribcage, “they been followin’ me.” Her jaws clenched together as Aliyah reached out to press against the split in her eyebrow, and she cringed as another slash of pain flared through her. Her knuckles were scraped and bloody, and without a second thought she wiped the back of her hands against her pants to remove the dirt, only to hiss quietly when the friction of the fabric made it hurt more.

She eventually leaned back, allowing Aliyah to guide her against the headboard, and she rested her head backwards in hope of preventing another nosebleed. The washcloth felt warm against the continuous stinging of her eyebrow, and she could still taste blood, but her heartbeat finally started to slow from where it’d remained erratic even as she’d dragged herself back to her dorm. The bleeding from her eyebrow eventually stopped and she replaced the cloth with the cold bag of ice that Aliyah handed her; loosely pressing it against the swelling on her cheekbone – although it’d gotten red and thick already, it still felt somewhat comfortable against the heated throbbing of her cheek.

Billie chewed on the inside of her lip for a moment when Aliyah sat down and broke the brief silence between them, her jaw tight as she eventually spoke, quietly. “He kept sayin’ shit about you and how he was gonna do all this shit-” she gasped, her bruised lungs burning with the length of her words, briefly feeling like she was suffocating before she managed to suck in another breath. “-I ain’t gonna let him walk around sayin’ that.

She pulled up her knee – the leg that Aliyah’s hand was resting on remained in place next to her – and sunk down a little lower against the headboard. She was almost glad the ice pack covered up half her face; if there was anything that she hated more than stuck up men, it was being vulnerable – it didn’t exactly fit in the image she wanted people to have of her – let alone being vulnerable in front of someone she cared about. Isaiah and Tish were different stories, because she’d know them for so long and they’d seen her beat up and bloody many times over. Despite the bruises that she could feel throbbing lightly underneath her shirt, she remained tensed up all the while; something that Aliyah obviously took note of as she inched closer and eventually cuddled against Billie’s side.

It took them a moment to find a position that was both comfortable for Aliyah and not painful for Billie, but they managed, and Billie slowly felt herself begin to relax at the brunette’s slow, regular touches. “I ain't gonna let him talk about you like that,” she grumbled, sinking even lower and tensing up slightly before Aliyah could bring her down from her riled up state again.

────────────────
let's count the ways

────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 784
Aliyah could hardly refrain from wincing herself while Billie strained to pull enough air from her lungs to string together a simple sentence explaining her recent shift in behavior. It was almost painful to watch and Billie's half-gasped words took longer than usual for Aliyah to process, but once they finally managed to digest in her mind she found her train of thought skidding to an abrupt stop. "Oh, I-" she stammered, flung right into a state of confoundedness when it was revealed to her that Billie's current state was the direct result of her standing up for her; the next place her mind went was to her dramatic exit only a week prior when Billie had stubbornly kept her in the dark about what had been going on and she could feel her stomach begin to sink inside of her. "Well, I feel terrible now..."

Her emotions began to flurry, causing her to jump from one to the next, and she eventually settled on a healthy dose of concern laced with a tinge of criticism when she realized that things could've ended much, much worse (or avoided entirely had they not let it escalate in the manner that it had) and a worried wrinkle formed between her eyebrows. "Why didn't you, like, I don't know... go to the dean or something if they were harassing you like that?" The question hadn't even finished leaving her lips before she realized who she was talking to and immediately backtracked, noting Billie's expression. "...Right."

She took notice of the visible rigidness that was holding Billie's shoulders taut and opted not to put her on the spot any longer as she carefully moved into the space at her side. It wasn't until she was there, gently pressed against her, that she realized how much she'd missed her. She was careful not to press too much of her weight into her and risk irritating the assortment of bruises that adorned her skin as she turned onto her side, facing Billie, and let her hand rest near the bottom of her ribcage. Her fingers followed the slight curve of the woman's waist and she drew a slow, even pattern with the pad of her index finger before Billie grumbled something about the guy she'd fought and her body went rigid once more.

Aliyah's arm lifted, steering clear of her bruised face, and settled higher on Billie's chest so she could follow the defined ridge of her collarbone as she worked her back down from her aggravated state. "I'm sorry for freaking out on you before." She realized that the fault wasn't entirely her own to bear - nor was it Billie's - but she valued her relationship with the other woman more than she did her pride (which wasn't overly-inflated to begin with) and had no issue owning up to her obvious misstep if it meant they could work toward mending what had been fractured between them. She didn't seek out a specific response from Billie, nor did she particularly look to make sure she'd gotten one, and placed a soft kiss against the side of her shoulder before she sunk further against the mattress and nuzzled closer.

She felt her eyelids growing heavier as she settled against Billie's side and their combined warmth eventually pulled her into a light but restful sleep. She awoke what must've been hours later judging by the warm light that was only barely peeking through the curtains, signaling sundown, and her gaze automatically pulled toward Billie, who was still sleeping soundly at her side. Her breathing was even, though somewhat ragged, and she appeared totally at ease for the first time since Aliyah had known her. It was a strange sight to take in - to witness Billie without her usual impenetrable act - but it was one that had the corners of Aliyah's mouth tugging upward as she gently brushed her thumb along the curve of her jaw and leaned to place a kiss in the same place on the side of her face closest to her.

She didn't understand it still, why she'd put herself in such obvious physical danger because of a few words, but couldn't help but feel appreciative and, quite frankly, flattered that she had someone willing to do such a thing for her. She stayed there a moment longer, simply taking in the sight despite the nasty bruises and lacerations that colored her face, and gently pried the washcloth containing the now-melted bag of ice from Billie's hand. She carried it to the sink, leaving its contents sealed within the porcelain bowl, and quietly sifted through a collection of pill bottles until she found some Ibuprofen for when she eventually woke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back