• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern new horizon ephemeral style

alex danvers

5 bears in a trenchcoat
takexxitxxallxxonxxinxxyourxxstride

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.jpg

itxxisxxsinking,xxfallingxxdown​

x

zazie_by_hippogryphfeather-dcdt4ca.gif
x

sybil
❝ billie ❞
booker
25 - homosexual - student
5'7 - 141lbs - esfp-a - sanguine

charismatic - jokester - confident - social
flirty - boyish - defensive - confrontational
blunt - careless - opportunistic - chaotic

Last edited:
x
x
x

A!!!!L!!!!I!!!!Y!!!!A!!!!H
- j!!!!!!!!!a!!!!!!!!!n!!!!!!!!!e -
E M M A N U E L
───────────
25 • homosexual • student
5'6 • 130lbs
third year kinesiology

tumblr_ox9en8KynL1qj22yno6_r1_250.gif

Last edited:
billie_gif_by_hippogryphfeather-dce6rbp.gif

B xxx I xxx L xxx L xxx I xxx E
─────────────────────
people always told me
be careful of what you do
and don't go around
breaking young girls' hearts

─────────────────────
billie_small_by_hippogryphfeather-dce6rjp.png

wordxxcount ;; 486
isaiah
Bill, c’mon. You need the extra credit.

She kicked back, feet planted firmly on the seat of the wooden bench, knees a foot apart and elbows resting on her thighs. Isaiah elbowed her in the side, continuing until she slapped his hand away in frustration. “You know I’m right,” he shrugged, plopping down next to her on the back of the bench, disproportionally long legs stretched in front of him. “You know Rosenheim is gonna fail you next year if you end up with no extra credit again. And besides, you’re like, athletic, I guess.” He gestured vaguely to her, before pulling his hands up in a shrug. “And, who knows, maybe you’ll meet a cute girl there. There’s plenty of those around here.

Her hand eventually found his face, and she shoved back hard, making him fall backwards and off the bench. His grunt and the thud he made when his back hit the grass made her snort, and she was grinning when he shot back up on his feet, brushing dirt and grass of his shirt. “What the hell?” He came at her, and she jolted, jumping off the bench with her hands raised in defeat. “Fine, fine! I’ll do the stupid fucking test, the kine-whatever-ology thing, just don’t kill me!

Maybe she did need the extra credit. And maybe Rosenheim would fail her if she didn’t get her shit together. And maybe it wasn’t so bad, just a couple minutes on a treadmill is what Isaiah had told her. He’d already done it; hopefully she could get enough extra credit out of it to actually pass.

She’d combed her hair upwards and managed to wrestle it in what seemed to be some sort of ponytail – a very poofy ponytail, but it was whatever – on top of her head. She’d pre-changed into her workout clothes, bag with a clean casual shirt and a pair of ripped jeans slung over her shoulder for afterwards. The room wasn’t hard to find, and just as she pushed the door open, she came eye-to-eye with another girl. “Oh. This the right place?” She looked around for an indication of room number, despite how her gaze fell on the treadmill set up against one of the walls, before her gaze met the girl’s again. “For the, uh- the running thing. The test, or whatever. …I’m Billie.

Apparently the first part involved a bunch of weird stickers all over her, and Billie just watched with a faint, distant interest as the girl – who’d introduced herself as Aliyah, one of those kinese-something students – plastered them all over her skin. Then came the treadmill. “You been doing this with a lot of people?” Billie gasped between intakes of breath, eyes moving from where they’d been stuck on the wall to Aliyah, who was working at her computer while Billie’s feet pounded against the treadmill within regular intervals. “Seems pretty boring for you.

Last edited:

tumblr_oaji3tFpdP1sj2yv9o2_250.gif

A x!XX LxX!X IX!Xx Yx!XX AXX!x H
────────────────
i wanna fall through the stars
getting lost in the dark is my favorite part
let's count the ways
we could make this last forever

────────────────
tumblr_inline_ofl0ziPhH81ravrtw_500.gif

wordxxcount ;; 598
"I'm gonna run across the street and grab a sandwich... you want anything?"

"No on the sandwich," Aliyah's eyes lifted from where they'd been focused on the screen in front of her and connected with her lab-mate's. "But can you bring me an iced coffee? Mocha if they've got it." She flashed a bright, overly-exaggerated smile in the girl's direction and turned back to her computer, calling out an equally as enthusiastic "thank you!" as her attention eventually resumed onto the numbers and charts that decorated her screen, illustrating the results of the tests that they'd spent the last days conducting.

No more than ten minutes later there was movement at the door and Aliyah's gaze was lifting once more, expecting to find her friend and lab-mate where, instead, another girl stood. She was tall - taller than she was, at least - and as her eyes were moving up to meet hers she took immediate notice to the patch of lighter skin that encapsulated her left eye. She lifted her brows, nodding in affirmation when the girl inquired whether or not she'd entered the correct room. "Yeah, come on in," she invited, tone cheerful as she lifted herself from the chair where she'd been sat to greet her. "I'm Aliyah," she smiled and beckoned for her to follow her to the pair of chairs that were stationed near the treadmill where she took a few moments to explain the purpose of their study to the other woman.

"The goal is fifteen minutes of continuous cardio, but it's all about what you're comfortable with," she ensured, a gentle smile pulling at the corners of her mouth as she finished adhering the electrodes to the other woman's skin. "If you decide you're done after five, that's your call." She offered the palm of her hand and instructed the girl to give her her wrist, quieting down momentarily while her eyes flicked to the analog clock on the wall and she timed her resting heart rate. "Fifty six... not bad," she carefully recorded her results in the corresponding space on her spreadsheet and invited her to begin.

For the first six minutes of the exercise the only sounds that filled the space were the whirring of the treadmill and the continuous, rhythmic pounding of the woman's feet against its surface. Aliyah's attention pulled away from the live results that were being transferred to her computer when Billie spoke to ask her about the turnout so far. "Mhmm," she nodded, gaze flicking to meet with hers. "Free extra credit is always a pretty good incentive to get people in the door," she smiled, offering a shrug when the woman implied that the work must have been boring for her. "Not really," she admitted, omitting the fact that out of all of her lab partners she was easily the one who was most invested in the experiment and its predicted results. "It is my major..." she teased, eyes flitting back to the timer that was still counting down in the corner of her screen.

"We're at exactly fourteen minutes and thirty five seconds," she informed, "you can start winding down now." She grabbed a water bottle from the cooler that sat near her feet and placed it on her desk's edge so that it would be immediately accessible to the other woman when she stepped off of the treadmill. "There's just a few more things we need to fill out and then you're good to go," she promised, giving the brunette a few moments to catch her breath before they dove straight into anything.

─────────────────────
people always told me
and don't go around

─────────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 562
isaiah
Hmm,” Billie hummed, a grin on her face when the girl commented that it wasn’t as boring as Billie would've thought. Her pace increased slightly, her elbows angled a little more to increase the size of her biceps as she subconsciously made herself look better. Every nerdy girl she knew was into a bit of muscle and, despite not having even the faintest idea of who this girl was, her major being whatever this was told Billie enough and she figured that it would still apply in this situation.

“Oh, please. Billie will flirt with a tree if you draw tits on it,” Isaiah had been real about that and Billie had to give it to him: she didn’t have many weaknesses, but a cute girl was definitely one of them. And a cute girl who seemed to be available and also into other girls was too good of an opportunity to pass up, so Billie squared herself out and put more effort into it.

They stopped when she hit the 15-minute mark, as Aliyah had explained before, and Billie, slightly sweaty but still going strong, stepped off the treadmill and took the water that the brunette was offering her. Aliyah’s hand found its way onto Billie’s wrist again, and her eyes paused briefly on the white patch that enveloped her pinky and ring finger, spreading up her forearm and past the wrist. Billie raised an eyebrow, watching intently for a response from the slightly shorter brunette, after already having noticed how her eyes had paused on the irregular circle of white skin that colored Billie’s face around her eye. It was usually the first thing people looked at and the first thing they had questions about, but the girl seemed to brush past it and focus on the clock that was affixed to the wall.

She then moved to carefully take off all the stickers that she’d previously put all over Billie’s skin, and she moved to help, their fingers brushing slightly as Billie handed her the ones that she’d pried off. The response from the girl was immediate, and an even slyer grin curled around Billie’s lips as she followed her to the side of her computer, casting a glance at the screen only to be met with what seemed like a chaos of numbers, graphs and tables, and Billie immediately shrugged. “Never mind about that. Way too difficult for me.

Her gaze then met with the girl’s. “You ever wanna get out of this… limbo place?” Her eyes moved about the room, taking in its dreary interior and its windowless walls, and then finally rested back on Aliyah. She opened her mouth to say something, interrupted by the opening of the door and a second girl entering, who took in the sight of Billie in her booty shorts and a tank top, looking slightly sweaty, and whose gaze then moved to the other girl’s, before sliding a plastic cup of iced coffee in front of her.

The drink gave Billie an idea, and she disregarded the new girl completely as she allowed herself to relax. “Meet me for coffee? -actually, don’t answer that. Friday at 3, Starbucks across the street. Meet me there,” she grinned as Aliyah only seemed to be taken aback with this, but Billie was out the door before she could respond. “See you then, homegirl!

Last edited:

────────────────
let's count the ways

────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 649
Aliyah waited for Billie to sit down before gently taking her wrist between her fingers. She noticed the blotchy, irregular patches of unpigmented skin that colored her hands and extended past her wrist onto her arm. She didn't allow her gaze to linger for long, understanding that this girl probably caught far too many fascinated stares already, and looked toward the clock while she applied a gentle amount of pressure in pinching the girl's wrist between her fore and middle fingers and her thumb. "One-twenty-six," she announced, gaze flitting back up to meet with Billie's as she released her grip slowly.

They began the slow process of peeling the electrodes off of the woman's skin, Billie joining in after Aliyah had already managed two on her own, and as she reached the one closest to her bicep she found her gaze beginning to wander, taking in the sight of the slight curve of her muscle and back up to the collar bones that were prominently visible above the low-dipped neck of her tank top. There was something gravitating about this girl - something she couldn't quite place - and she was jolted right back into the present when Billie moved to hand her the electrodes that she'd peeled off herself and their fingers brushed, the brief contact sending an instantaneous tingle shooting up Aliyah's arm.

She went quiet, not fully understanding her own reaction to such a simple action, and allowed a now-wavering gaze to meet with Billie's before she moved back to her computer and began to input the information that she'd collected, albeit much more distracted than before as the slightly taller girl followed her around to the other side of the desk and her eyes found the screen. She allowed a smile when she brushed off the numbers and charts as being too confusing and instead turned her attention to the minimally-decorated room that the university had allotted them for their study; just as Aliyah was prepared to answer her question, her lab-mate returned, looking slightly perplexed at the sight of Billie leaning so casually into the desk, and offered her the iced coffee that she'd picked up.

Aliyah had hardly found the time to say thank you before Billie was speaking, disregarding the fellow student, and inviting - no, telling - her to meet her at the nearby Starbucks that Friday. Her gaze bounced between the two women a few times, eventually coming to rest on Billie, but before she could so much as answer, the woman was out the door.

A long few seconds of silence followed, only to be broken by her lab-mate. "Uhh... what the hell just happened?" She cast an utterly confused look toward Aliyah, who couldn't help the slight smile that was pulling at the corners of her mouth. "... I... think I have a date."

A gentle twisting feeling had settled itself in Aliyah's gut and it only grew more prominent as Friday drew near, becoming nearly unbearable when the actual afternoon rolled around. She picked through her closet for what felt like hours before settling upon an outfit that she deemed acceptable, still not entirely clear as to why she seemed to care so much about what this girl thought of her. Still, she looked forward to it in a nervous kind of way, going as far as leaving her dorm fifteen minutes early so that she was sure she wouldn't be late.

The nervous twisting reached its peak when, upon reaching the last street, she noticed Billie leant nonchalantly against the wall near the door. She gave a slight wave, immediately regretting the motion in comparison to the other woman's easygoing and confident stature, but rolling with it anyway as she moved to cross the street. "Hey..." she greeted with a gentle smile that she then decided might have been just a bit too enthusiastic as she met her at the door.

─────────────────────
people always told me
and don't go around

─────────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 655
latisha
Lookin’ good, girl,” Tisha leaned back, phone clasped in her hand – as usual – as Billie approached and leaned against the bench Tish was sitting on. “Did you change your hair? Wait, nah, you just lookin’ gayer than usual.” The petite brunette grinned, raising a perfectly shaped eyebrow. “What’s up with that? Found the last cute girl you hadn’t banged yet or somethin’?” Billie shrugged, but the twinkle in her eyes told her best friend enough, and Tisha straightened herself out, about to cut through the silence Billie left when she responded herself. “Yeah, I did. Got a sorta date,” Trish’s eyes suddenly reflected that same knowing grin that Billie now had on her face, and she patted the empty part of the bench next to her. “C’mon, Bill. Who’s the lucky chick this time?
I don’t know. She’s just some girl I met at that experiment thing, the whatever running thing Isa and I did.
Oh, this chick a scientist? Maybe she can teach your dumb ass a lesson about showing up on time for your friends, Bill.
Shut up, Tish.

Billie wasn’t exactly nervous for the meeting, but rather felt a slight pull in her abdomen every time she thought about it, with a healthy dose of excitement – concealed excitement, of course; she couldn’t risk her reputation – and was maybe a bit more careful with picking clothes for the day that Friday morning. Eventually she decided that her normal ripped skinnies and a crop top with a thin jacket over top would have to do, despite the heat. However, as she was leaned against the wall of the Starbucks, hands in the jacket’s pockets and one of her shoes’ soles pressed against the wall, she realized that the jacket was too much – but she wasn’t about to take it off. It was part of the outfit.

Her attention was quickly pulled away from the heat that gathered underneath her unzipped jacket when a familiar face came into view, and Billie’s neutral, resting-bitch-face expression broke into a knowing grin. “Hm, I didn’t know if you were gonna show, homegirl.” The smile on the other girl’s face in response to seeing Billie told her quite enough, and she looked her up and down for a moment, not even covering up that she was checking her out, before shrugging and gesturing briefly with her head. “Let’s go.

What you want? I’ll get it for you,” she waited for Aliyah to inform her of her order, before leaving the brunette to pick a table for them and walking up to the front. “Uh, two mocha iced coffee, I guess.” The barista rang her up, and she moved to the other side of the counter to wait for her pick up just as her phone started vibrating in her pocket. Three messages from Tish.

“u found a cute one”

“she checkin out ur ass. think u picked the right girl”

“man this chick gay or what”

What the hell? Her eyes moved about the space just as the barista handed her her drinks, and just as she turned away from the counter, her gaze fell on her friend, who had a broad, shit-eating grin on her face as she wordlessly gestured between Billie and Aliyah. “Fuck off, Tish,” Billie passed her table, barely acknowledging her friend’s presence as she moved back to the table her date was sitting at, and gently eased her back on her feet. “Let’s not give her something to haunt me with for the next five decades,” she grumbled, handing Aliyah one of the drinks and holding the glass door open for her to step outside, before promptly following and flipping off Tish with her free hand through the glass. Only when the other girl was out of sight did she drop the front and turn back to the other girl.

Sorry. Tish is a nosy bitch. …How’s your thing, your exam thing goin’ though?

Last edited:

────────────────
let's count the ways

────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 565
Aliyah fought the blush that threatened to color her cheeks when the other woman's gaze moved down the length of her body and then back up again, unabashedly taking in the sight of her. Suddenly grateful that she'd given extra attention to her choice of outfit that morning, she followed the other woman into the Starbucks, pausing momentarily in her step when Billie turned to ask her what she wanted to drink. "Iced coffee... mocha," she added as more of an afterthought, admittedly more distracted and scatterbrained than usual in the presence of the other woman, and they both parted ways; Billie to the front counter and Aliyah to the back where she found an empty table near one of the windows.

She glanced out the window for a short time, gaze eventually drawn toward the front of the room where Billie stood at the counter and waited for their order. She took the fact that her back was turned to her as an opportunity as she allowed her gaze to slowly draw along the length of her body, wordlessly taken by the shape of her as she observed her from a comfortable distance. Jolted from her trance, she immediately ripped her gaze away at the sudden unexpected movement of the brunette drawing her phone from her pocket.

Instantly, her gaze found the window; that nervous twisting resuming in her gut when, after an appropriate amount of time had passed, she glanced back toward the front to find Billie making her way toward the table, drinks in hand. Another movement caught her eye, however: that of another woman dressed similarly to Billie gesturing between the brunette and Aliyah. The woman who Aliyah didn't recognize, but who had certainly caught Billie's attention (whether that was a good thing or not she really couldn't say) was sporting a wide grin, remaining entirely unfazed when she was unceremoniously told to "fuck off" before Billie seemed to brush off her presence entirely in favor of picking up where they'd left off.

Aliyah's gaze lifted, wordlessly complying when the brunette coaxed her back onto her feet. Her gaze automatically flicked toward the stranger who, upon piecing together what she'd witnessed Aliyah could only assume was one of Billie's friends who she was trying to avoid, and a gentle smile came to the girl's lips in reaction to her date's grumbled words.

"Uh, yeah," the sudden shift in atmosphere and conversation had her pause a moment to catch up. "Well... sort of..." she corrected, fingers curled securely around the girth of her plastic cup. "We didn't have any sign-ups yesterday and one the day before that, so it's looking like we might get the plug pulled on us before we can wrap things up ourselves; some other group wants the room, I guess." She shrugged, realizing that - while endlessly interesting in her own eyes - this probably wasn't the kind of thing that Billie would want to talk about. She fell comfortably into step with the other woman, a gentle smile beginning to curl around her lips as she cast an almost shy, careful glance in her direction. "Your friend seemed nice," she half teased, smile growing. "Does she come on all of your dates with you?" The unwavering matter-of-fact way in which she spoke left room to question whether or not she was teasing, but her smile quickly gave her away.

─────────────────────
people always told me
and don't go around

─────────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 485
Billie listened quietly, intently, despite having less than no interest in what the brunette had to say about the examination that she’d taken part in; after what Tish pulled at the Starbucks, the least she could do was to change the subject. Despite the bad news, she still grinned, picking off the cap of her iced coffee and taking a sip – she wasn’t about that straw life – and shrugged. “You can ask Tish. She got way too much time on her hands anyway.

Billie paused briefly when the subject came exactly onto Tish, and she raised an eyebrow, staring at her date for a moment while trying to gauge if she was serious, before her face broke and she smiled. “Eh, only with the ladies that’ll break my heart,” she fake-pouted, before shrugging. “A girl needs her emotional support.

They found a spot in a patch of grass in the park, underneath a large, thick tree, and Billie leaned back against its trunk before putting her drink in the grass, keeping it steady with the side of her thigh. She had to dig through her pockets for a bit before producing a pack of cigarettes and a lighter, and held them out to the girl – who refused, as Billie had expected – and lit one for herself. “I really didn’t think you’d show, though,” she muttered, keeping the cigarette stuck between her lips as she spoke while stuffing the package and the lighter back in her pocket. Even despite her clenched lips, a knowing grin still curled around it; the fact that she had shown had been more than an indicator for Billie and she now knew what road they were on, for sure.

But then Tish told me you were- …lookin’ at me, so I’ll take that as a compliment.

The other girl immediately flushed at Billie’s words, and she grinned again, reveling in the response that she’d managed to elicit. “It’s not a bad thing, homegirl.” She planted her feet in the grass, resting her elbows on her knees and leaning slightly into her free hand with the side of her head, getting comfortable on the ground. Her eyes flicked from Aliyah’s face to the neck of her shirt, dipping briefly lower before coming to rest on the faint curve of her collarbones under her skin.

Only then did she allow her gaze to move back up. “It’s Aliyah, right? So, Ali?” Billie kicked back, leaning against the tree and plucking the cigarette from between her lips. She waited for the brunette to nod, before blowing out a cloud of smoke, gaze finding Aliyah’s, who was sitting across from her. “So, Ali, I don’t know what you’re into, but there’s this dumb whatever music festival goin’ on next week… You wanna come?” She didn’t let the girl answer before she was cutting in again, eyebrow raised slightly. “Tish will not be there – I hope.

Last edited:

────────────────
let's count the ways

────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 540
A flutter - some indiscernible cross between being nervous and excited - formed in Aliyah's stomach when she caught sight of the playful pout that had gently pulled the other woman's features down, twisting right back into a smile after the moment had passed. She had a gravitational pull about her, something that made you want to come back for more, and Aliyah had found herself caught right in her orbit by some quirk of fate, or chance, or whatever it was that had caused their paths to become entangled so unexpectedly.

They sat together in the park. Billie had found a tree to lean against while Aliyah propped herself up on her arms, which she'd stretched out behind her. She watched with a gentle interest while the other girl fished a pack of cigarettes and a lighter from one of her pockets and offered them out to her, which she promptly declined, and lit one for herself instead. She didn't answer when Billie made it known that her presence had been unexpected, if not for the fact that she wasn't exactly sure what had prompted her to take to the woman's offer with such eagerness it was because she didn't want to openly admit it... not to herself or to Billie. She saw the smug, knowing grin that had curled its way around the other woman's lips and, if anything, she wasn't ready to give her that satisfaction so easily.

It became much harder to hide, however, when Billie nonchalantly informed her that her friend from the coffee shop had taken notice to Aliyah's staring and had taken it upon herself to relay that information to Billie. Shit. It suddenly felt as if it were all out in the open; she could feel her cheeks becoming warm, a flush of red undoubtedly beginning to color them as her eyes, which had previously been rested comfortably on the other brunette, sought to avert her gaze. She didn't know how to respond to the sudden call-out, immediately relieved when after a few short seconds of silence, Billie changed the subject.

She parted her lips, prepared to protest the nickname, but opted to remain quiet when she decided that she didn't completely hate how it sounded rolling off of the other woman's tongue, and only nodded instead. "A few of my friends and I already made plans to go check it out," she informed, absently watching the cloud of smoke as it dissipated into the air in front of them. "But you could... come with us if you want? I mean, we usually end up splitting up halfway through anyway, so I'm sure we wouldn't be stuck with them the whole time..." While she normally might've felt a pang of guilt for brushing off her friends so easily, the idea of spending the evening with Billie had her insides fluttering.

"We're all meeting by the West Hall at three to walk there together," she offered, trying not to sound too hopeful just in case she wasn't keen on spending time with a group of complete strangers. "If not, maybe I'll see you there..." she provided her with an out, a gentle smile pulling at her lips as she allowed their gazes to meet briefly.

─────────────────────
people always told me
and don't go around

─────────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 568
Billie remained quiet for a short moment after Aliyah spoke, mentioning that she’d already been planning to go with her friends, and then immediately implying that they could part from the group at any given moment. The brunette leaned back, loosely holding the cigarette between her lips as her eyes met Aliyah’s, simply observing her for a moment, despite the silence that had fallen between them. The first thing Billie noticed was how willing she was to ditch her friends to hang out with her – something that had been brewing for a little while, she realized, seeing as how easy she’d come on a date with someone she barely knew. The second thing she noticed was the way her entire face seemed to reflect the smile that curled around her lips; her eyes softened, her eyebrows dipped upwards, and her expression became much more gentle. The third thing she noticed was the hopeful expression that had taken place on the other girl’s face after extending the invitation, which Billie assumed would be largely fulfilled alone.

Your friends any fun?” Billie raised one eyebrow, plucking the cigarette from between her lips and exhaling a cloud of smoke that slowly dissipated in the air above her. “Or they all smartasses, too?” she grinned at the slightly perplexed look on her date’s face, before she rested her ankle on top of her knee, and put the cigarette out against the sole of her shoe. “I’ll be there.

She waited for the other girl near the gates of the festival. The heat of the summer had arrived, and Billie was only wearing jean shorts and a tank top, but still sweating in the full sun while she waited for the other brunette to meet her with her group of friends. They approached just as Billie was getting impatient with waiting there, and the girl moved up front to meet her, the rest only trailing after her, looking hesitant as Aliyah joined Billie’s side. “What’s up, homegirl?” The smile that had appeared on Aliyah’s face the moment she’d set eyes on Billie was bright enough to almost make her squint, and it only grew more flushed and broader as Billie shot her a brief wink from behind her sunglasses.

This is Billie.” Billie gave a brief, uninterested nod towards the small group that Aliyah had hauled with her, and as she delved into name introductions, with Billie immediately losing both interest and focus after the first name. Her attention was only brought back when the silence that had fallen after initial introductions was broken by one of the guys, whose eyes lingered on the white skin that was peeking out from under her sunglasses. “Billie, huh? What’s that short for?” She shrugged, cocking her head sideways slightly and allowing her gaze to stray from the guy to Aliyah. “Short for Billie.

They trailed a couple paces behind the rest of the group, and Billie took the moment to fall into step with the other brunette, leaning towards her slightly. “Seems like they really like me,” she muttered, quiet enough for just Aliyah to hear her, and shrugged. “Doesn’t matter, though,” her voice loudened slightly, back to normal volume, “just care about what you think, anyway.” She winked again, taking great enjoyment out of the immediate flush on the other girl’s face, before allowing the topic to change. “So what you been up to?

────────────────
let's count the ways

────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 631
To say that Aliyah had been looking forward to that afternoon would've been an understatement. She spent what little free time she'd had in the morning texting with her friends about their plans - the rest of her time spent studying for the exam that she had scheduled later in the day - but what she looked forward to most was the chance to spend time with Billie. Slowly, she found the brunette creeping her way into her thoughts, and while she'd yet to tell her friends that she'd taken it upon herself to invite the other woman to tag along with them at the festival, she hardly thought they'd mind the added company.

One exam and a few hours later, they were all meeting near the doors of the West Hall to walk to the festival together. "So, hey..." Aliyah pried her way into the conversation, figuring now a good time as ever to break the news. "I kind of agreed to meet up with another friend while we're here..." She flashed a quick smile, hardly apologetic as the group began to question her on whose company they'd be sharing that afternoon.

Despite the short distance between the campus and the fairgrounds, the heat of the sun as it beamed down on them from above had her wishing she'd taken the time to put her hair up that morning. Even dressed in a pair of jean shorts, a thin but loose-fitting top, and an ankle-high pair of navy blue keds, the heat was almost too much, but as they approached the gates and a familiar figure came into view she found her distaste for the summer's heat fading almost entirely as she moved to the front of the group to greet her.

"Hey," she could do little to hide or to control the bright smile that had drawn her lips upward at the sight of the other woman. She turned toward the rest of the group, gesturing briefly toward the brunette. "This is Billie," she was immune to the hesitant stares that were being thrown by her friends, far too caught up in her own euphoria brought on by the other woman's presence. She ran quickly through a list of introductions, making no comment when a boy from one of her physics classes by the name of Aaron asked the brunette what her name was short for only to be promptly shot down.

Aliyah and Billie lingered a few paces behind the rest of the group, easily matching each others' pace while they walked and Billie leaned in close, teasing to the fact that her friends hadn't taken well to her. "They'll come around," she assured, though unsure herself. "They just take some warming up to," she found her gaze drifting toward the other woman, unable to hide the blush that instantly colored her cheeks when she winked at her.

Growing bored with the act of trailing after her group of friends after no more than ten minutes, she slowed considerably in her step and called after them. "Hey, guys..." they paused in their conversation, gazes drifting between herself and Billie before coming to rest on the former. "There's something we wanna check out, so we're gonna catch up with you later. Is that cool?" Aliyah's roommate glanced toward Billie, only barely hiding her distaste for the other girl, and eventually nodded. "Uh... yeah, go ahead, I guess."

She turned, her gaze catching Billie's on her way, and beckoned for her to break away from the group with a subtle nod of her head. "Sorry," she muttered quietly, perking up once they were out of earshot from the rest of her friends. "Hey, do you mind if we find something to eat? I came straight from my Biology exam, so I'm starving."

─────────────────────
people always told me
and don't go around

─────────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 545
It was barely fifteen minutes after Ali had introduced Billie to her friends that the brunette had apparently decided she would rather spend time alone with Billie than with the group, so without question, she drew the attention from the group of friends that she’d brought and unceremoniously told them that they were leaving, before gesturing for Billie to follow her in a different direction than the other people were moving. The girl that Billie recognized from the treadmill experiment, who she thought she’d heard Ali call Becky – she hadn’t been really paying attention – shot Billie a toxic glare and then promptly turned, muttering something, before stalking off with the rest of the group.

Billie shrugged as Aliyah led them away from where her friends had been, and she cocked her head when the brunette apologized, but didn’t say anything. Her intentions were crystal clear to Billie, who’d been keeping track of it all since moment one, and who could say with complete certainty that it was because she wanted to be alone – if she hadn’t, she wouldn’t have brushed off her friends as easily, and Billie suppressed a knowing smirk in response to the thought.

Exam? Damn, why you takin’ summer classes? That’s like a girl’s worst nightmare,” Billie shoved her hands in her pockets, following behind the brunette in the direction of the food stands a little up ahead. She skipped over the fact that she had two exams coming up in the next few weeks; they were resits from previous exams that she’d flunked, but she preferred not to think about school unless it was coming up in the next week.

They ended up in line for one of the fast-food stands, and Billie stepped in to pay after Ali ordered what she wanted. The brunette thanked her, but Billie simply shrugged. “Just let me steal some of ‘em and we’ll be even.

Fries in hand, they found a stage with half-decent music and Billie promptly plopped down on one of the hills, among the grass, practically instantly followed by the brunette. Their gazes met just as Billie picked out one of the fries, popping it in her mouth before fishing through her butt pockets for her cigarettes. “You know,” she muttered with the cigarette stuck between her lips, thumb struggling with the lighter for a moment, “when you said your friends were gonna come, I figured you at least wanted to hang with ‘em.” She took a drag, eyes meeting Ali’s, and raised an eyebrow at her. “Not that I’m not flattered,” she shrugged, “but you could’ve just told me you were into girls.

Billie’s hand moved up, a slightly tense silence between them for a moment as she pushed her thick, tucked-up afro back into place, before setting her hand back down onto the ground, intentionally near Aliyah’s. She didn’t tear her eyes away from the stage, but her fingers slowly moved over the other brunette’s knuckles, grinning slightly when she didn’t pull away from the subtle touch. Their pinkies and ring fingers automatically entwined, and Billie intentionally didn’t address it – she’d seen what response a few words could elicit from the girl; a touch like that would probably have her voiceless and Billie wasn’t about to make it uncomfortable.

────────────────
let's count the ways

────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 743

ok i might edit this

i figured maybe billie would offer to walk her home instead??? if not i'll add some dialogue and have her say goodbye and all that
Taking the lead, Aliyah started into the direction of the small grouping of food stands that bordered one of the fences, the enticing allure of various fried and freshly prepared foods drawing her closer. A gentle smile came to her lips when, upon learning that she'd come straight from one of her classes, Billie questioned her decision to sign up for summer courses. "Lower tuition, smaller classes..." she shrugged, casting a quick glance in the girl's direction "I figured I could get it out of the way before the fall semester."

Unable to decide and unwilling to make Billie wait for her to settle on one of the many options that were available, she opted for a simple order of fries; filling enough to satiate her hunger and straightforward enough to fulfill any cravings that she might've been experiencing. She'd stepped to the side, prepared to pry her wallet from out of her pocket when Billie moved forward, taking it upon herself to slide a five dollar bill to the cashier. "Thank you," she cast a warm smile in the other girl's direction, offering a brief greeting and the same to the young man behind the counter as he handed her her order.

They found a seat a little ways off from one of the stages where Billie wasted no time in making herself comfortable in the grass and Aliyah followed suit, sitting criss-cross next to the other brunette. Her gaze flicked to the stage and then back to Billie as her arm extended between them, unabashedly stealing one of the fries that she'd paid for and popping it into her mouth. Previously somewhat distracted by the sound of the music and the hunger that was still pulling at her gut, Aliyah lifted a brow, attention focusing on the brunette as she hung a cigarette from her lips and began to speak, simultaneously thumbing at her lighter.

Her words had the color pulling from her face. She could feel her insides sinking at the suddenness and the bluntness of her callout, unable to form anything remotely coherent to defend herself with. "Oh, I wasn't... - I just figured..." She stammered, mentally chastising herself for breaking away from her friend group so quickly and so eagerly to be with Billie.

While awkward in its own regard, she almost appreciated the silence that had settled between them in the meantime. It did, however, allot her a fair amount of time to consider - and ultimately regret - a number of the decisions that she'd made during the short time that she'd spent with Billie, realizing that she'd left little room for assumptions in her straightforward, eager acceptance of quite literally anything that the other woman had thrown her way. Her silent pondering wasn't allowed to go on for long before even her thoughts were becoming jumbled, shorting out completely when the brunette, whose hand had been resting suspiciously close to her own, began to run her fingers over her knuckles.

Her insides were absolutely churning, bubbling up at the simple yet wildly effective touch until, eventually, their ring and pinky fingers became entwined. It was embarrassing almost, how such a simple gesture left her absolutely reeling; she felt as if she were on cloud nine, the sound of the band falling away into the background as all of her senses focused on what they'd undoubtedly been working toward over the course of their last two meet-ups.

They sat there a while longer - long enough for the band to finish their set and the preparation for the next group to begin, at least - until the sun, beaming down relentlessly from the cloudless sky, prompted them to seek out residence elsewhere. They walked a little closer than usual for the rest of the afternoon, and as it dipped into the evening hours they found their time spent together - alone, at least - drawing to a close.

"Aliyah! Hey!" a familiar voice had her turning, eyes falling upon a much smaller group of her friends than they'd started out with. She paused in her step, Billie at her side, and remained stationary while the small group half-jogged their way. "We're heading back to the dorms, do you wanna walk with us?" Offering nothing more than a brief glance to acknowledge Billie, Becca's gaze fell expectantly onto her roommate, visibly vexed by the lack of instant response as Aliyah's gaze flitted toward the brunette with which she'd spent the majority of her afternoon.

─────────────────────
people always told me
and don't go around

─────────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 594
Billie’s response to the touch had been much less than Aliyah’s; a slight flutter moved through her stomach, but she suppressed it, her eyes remaining locked on the gig that was playing down the hill, but occasionally allowing her thumb to graze over the skin on the back of the other girl’s hand, which only seemed to push her further into her flustered state. The music surrounded them, but Billie barely heard it, simply enjoying the moment, in the warmth, with their fingers entwined.

When they eventually got up, it took the brunette’s friends only a few minutes to find her, and Billie’s gaze moved over the group, taking in the fact that there were less of them than previously. The girl who had acted bitchy before, when Aliyah had chosen to come with Billie, hadn’t seemed to be able to break herself out of that spell and only glanced briefly at her. The girl was stuck up, Billie felt, and seemed to think that she was too good to deal with a low life such as Billie herself, and while that might have pissed off more passionate people such as Tisha, Billie found that she really didn’t give a fuck. Instead, she watched with a distant amusement at how pissed the girl became when Aliyah didn’t immediately answer her question with wanting to part from Billie, and instead looked at her, question embedded in her eyes.

I can walk you home,” Billie shrugged, her gaze moving form Aliyah to the other girl, and she grinned slightly when the frown between her eyebrows only seemed to deepen. “Did you wanna go home already?” The already seemed to throw the brunette off, and she hastily changed her mind, almost unceremoniously brushing off her friend and instead choosing to stay with Billie, who flashed the other girl a shit-eating grin at the now extremely pissed off expression that was on her face.

They hung out at the festival grounds until the sun began to dip behind the horizon and the bands began to pack their stuff, and Billie noticed how tired Aliyah was starting to look. “C’mon,” she muttered, wrapping an arm around the brunette’s waist and gently guiding her towards the exit, “time to go home.

Aliyah guided them most of the way to the dorms, as Billie still wasn’t sure where she stayed, and eventually, they stopped in front of a door in the west wing dorms. “Okay, then, homegirl,” Billie’s hand strayed slightly from her waist, to rest on the small of her back, before breaking contact, “I’ll see you later.

Her hand moved up slightly, brushing slightly along the side of the other girl’s jaw, and her date seemed to be stuck in place for a brief moment before Billie pulled away. “Get home safe.” Billie cocked her head, her face breaking into a playful, knowing grin. “You realize anyone who’s gonna hurt me is gotta be scared of me, right?” Her teeth sunk into her lip, before she shrugged, producing a pen from her pocket – she didn’t even know how much shit she had in her own pockets, it was getting a little out of hand – and extending her bicolored hand to grab Aliyah’s. Her grasp was gentle as she wrote down her number in round, and slightly crooked numbers, going over them once or twice again to darken the lines. “Text me,” she flashed her another bright smile, allowing her gaze to find Aliyah’s, before she was turning and following the dorm hall in the direction of her own dorm.

────────────────
let's count the ways

────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 760
Though she chose not to acknowledge it, Aliyah remained acutely aware of the irritated look that had etched itself into her roommate's expression. The corners of her mouth twitched into a smile and she nodded softly in confirmation when Billie offered to walk her home. "Actually," her eyes flitted between her roommate and her date, coming to rest upon the latter, gaze softening. "I think I want to stay a while longer." She could hardly help the smile that had her lips curling upward, fading only slightly when she turned to face her friends and caught the look on Becca's face. "It was nice seeing you guys," she half-turned, making a step toward Billie and offering a small wave. "I'll catch up with you later!"

While it normally would've eaten away at her, Aliyah found herself giving little to no thought to her friend and roommate's obvious disapproval of the company she chose to keep as she and Billie walked the festival grounds. They stayed until the sun had begun to dip below the horizon, coloring the sky in hues of pink and orange, and Billie - upon noticing the way that Aliyah's eyes were beginning to droop - announced that it was time to call it a day.

Aliyah nodded, tempted to lean into the touch as the brunette wrapped an arm around her waist, but maintained proper posture as the pair found their way to the exit and walked side-by-side to the university's west wing. A pang of disappointment rang through Aliyah as they approached her dorm room and their pace slowed, marking an end to their time together. Billie's hand moved away from her waist and she instantly found herself missing it, but she reveled in the sensation as, upon turning to face her, the woman's touch graced the slight curve of her jaw. "Get home safe," her tone was soft and she could only blink slowly as the other woman retracted her touch and Aliyah nearly followed it subconsciously.

She smiled, heart fluttering in response to the broad, amused grin that had stationed itself upon the other woman's lips in response to her concern, and her gaze flitted downward when Billie extended one of her hands and her fingers curled around her wrist, gripping it gently. Her eyes lifted, carefully studying the calm, concentrated expression on the other woman's face as she began to write in round, crooked letters on the palm of her hand.

As if she'd been given something that required protection, Aliyah clasped her hand shut as Billie pulled away, flashing another broad smile before she moved down the hallway, and her fingertips found the small charm that hung from her necklace, fidgeting with it as a small, somewhat flustered smile played upon her lips and she watched her round one of the corners, taking it upon herself to move into her own dorm once she was out of sight.

Sharing a short, somewhat strained exchange with her roommate (who quickly grew tired of Aliyah's inability to remove her gaze from her phone for more than a few seconds at a time after carefully saving Billie's number into her contacts), they quickly retired to their respective beds for the night where Aliyah wasted no time in taking the other woman up on her offer and sent the first text. They talked for a short time, Billie eventually mentioning the fact that there was a dorm party planned for that coming Friday night, and while she hadn't explicitly invited her, the implication was clear. Aliyah had never been one for parties, but seeing as it was another opportunity to spend time with Billie she considered her options.

"You can't seriously be considering this..." Becca gazed up from the textbook she'd been studying, entirely displeased with the direction that things had been going lately. "You're not a party person, Aliyah... When's the last time you ever went to one of these things?"

"Exactly," Aliyah grinned in the mirror, turning and cocking an eyebrow in a subtle but playful gesture. "I never put myself out there," she turned back toward the mirror, carefully applying another coat of mascara. "It could be fun." She shrugged, twisting the tube shut and leaving it on her desk before she moved to the bed to collect her phone and her wallet. Becca didn't seem convinced, but she didn't care. "I'll be home late," she informed, sliding her newly-charged phone into her pocket. "Don't wait up for me." She slipped through the door, her insides already fluttering at the prospect of seeing Billie.

─────────────────────
people always told me
and don't go around

─────────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 831
The party had been planned way earlier, but it was kind of an all-open where anyone who felt like coming could just show up. BYOB, of course – Billie wasn’t made of money, and neither was Isaiah or his friend group who they planned it with – but even then, a larger amount of people showed up than they’d initially thought. Billie had dropped the news about the party to Aliyah about a week earlier, but she’d gotten a feeling for the brunette’s personality and she hadn’t actually expected her to come.

Tish, however, knew better.

Hey, girlfriend,” she was leaned against the outside of the dorm building, cigarette between pursed lips and a knowing smile on her face, “you here for Billie?” She barely let the girl finish, blowing out a cloud of smoke, before leaning against the back door. “I’ll take you to her. One sec.” Tish took the moment to eye the girl up and down, immediately having recognized her from the Starbucks that one time – still grinning at the memory of it, and how annoyed Billie had been – her gaze eventually resting on the girl’s face. She wasn’t like the girls Billie usually dated, but she fell somewhere within that box. Billie just had a knack for managing to make any girl want her.

She put out the cigarette, straightening herself out and gesturing briefly with her head towards the door. “Just warnin’ you before, Isa is a dick to everyone who dates Billie. He’s got a bit of a jealousy thing goin’ there, bit of a crush. It’s nothin’ personal.” She pushed the double doors open, the music from down the hall immediately growing louder, and waited for the brunette to follow. “Just ignore him. Bill doesn’t know, but he’ll back off.

They weaved through the crowd, eventually ending up at the far end of the hall, in one of the dorms – not Billie’s, but a nearby neighbor – and Tisha gestured out for the brunette towards Billie, who was standing near one of the tables, engrossed in a game of beer pong.

It took her a few moments to notice Aliyah’s presence, having been distracted from everything that happened around her by her opponent’s relentless flirting. She didn’t pay much attention to it, only laughing occasionally, and quickly downed her cup of beer when her eyes fell on the approaching brunette. “Oh, hey,” Billie immediately stepped away from the table, to the other girl’s disgruntlement, to meet Aliyah, “you came.” The other girl, evidently having caught onto the fact that Billie was less than not interested when Aliyah had approached, mumbled something, rolled her eyes, and walked away, leaving the two girls together.

I didn’t know if you were gonna show,” Billie explained, a broad smile playing at her lips, before grabbing the other girl’s hand and guiding her towards the kitchen-esque area with all the drinks. “What you want? I’m a half-decent mixer, so I can make you pretty much anythin’.” The blank expression on the other girl’s face told her enough. “Never mind,” she muttered, the smile still on her face as she grabbed a couple of bottles and started pouring, eventually handing the brunette a red solo cup with a strong-smelling amber liquid. Without prompting, Billie downed her own cup in one go, immediately falling into a snicker as she caught sight of the expression on the brunette’s face in response to the bitter, tangy aftertaste the vodka mixture left.

They hung out near the bar for a moment, Billie continuously pouring new drinks until she felt slightly buzzed, and they only stepped away when Billie proposed a team game of beer pong against Isaiah and one of his friends. “You ever played this before?” She quickly and vaguely went over the rules, but it made little difference: Isaiah immediately got two in and the beer was cheap and bitter as she downed it. Aliyah proved terrible at it, Billie being the only one on their team that actually made any of the shots, and a sly grin curled around her lips as she realized what she was going to do.

She positioned herself behind the other brunette, under the guise of “helping”. She moved forward, pushing closer until Aliyah’s ass was in the dip between Billie’s hips, her chest pushing slightly against the other brunette’s back, and her hand slid forward, underneath the brunette’s ribs and lower until it rested on her abdomen, keeping her pushed close to her. “Okay…” Billie murmured, her hand clasping loosely around Aliyah’s that was holding the pong ball, before repeating the throwing motion a few more times, completely disregarding the pissed off look that was now embedded in Isaiah’s expression as she nuzzled a bit closer, her lips getting close to the other girl’s ear. “Chuck that shit,” she grinned, laughing in a few short chuckles as Aliyah’s now-shaking hand shot out, and the ball completely missed any of its targets. “Maybe you need more lessons, hm, homegirl?

────────────────
let's count the ways

────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 1,077
Approaching the building from one of the courtyards, Aliyah had noticed but hadn't given much attention to the feminine figure that was leant near one of the doors until she spoke, directly addressing her. She slowed in her step, taking a moment to study the girl's face from behind the screen of smoke that she'd just blown from her lips; it wasn't until the stranger mentioned Billie that she recognized her as the friend who'd dropped in on their first date at the Starbucks. Tish she thought she recalled Billie calling her. She eventually nodded, her response somewhat delayed. "Uh, yeah..." she admitted, suddenly feeling sheepish as the other woman took the moment to finish her cigarette and her roommate's words rang through her head. This wasn't her scene... it never had been; a wave of self consciousness washed over her when Tish flicked the butt of her cigarette onto the sidewalk, stomped it out with the toe of her shoe, and lead her inside.

She immediately fell into a short bit about someone called Isa who, apparently, displayed a degree of jealousy toward anyone who Billie showed interest in. "I'm sorry, w-who's that?" she trailed close behind the other woman, struggling to hear her over the music, but before Tish could further explain they were turning through one of the open doors and she was gesturing toward one of the long tables where Billie was standing opposite another girl.

The girl was leaning heavily toward Billie, clearly flirting, but as Billie's gaze moved about the space and eventually fell upon Aliyah, who was still lingering somewhere near the doorway, she stepped away from the table without hesitation and they met somewhere in the middle. "Hey... I came," she countered playfully and matched the brunette's smile with one of her own. The third girl, who'd previously been working to engage Billie, grumbled something and stalked off, but the pair paid her no attention as they left the space to enter the kitchen.

Her doubt was quickly extinguished by the broad smile that played around the woman's lips, encouraging her that she was welcome and wanted, but she quickly found it replaced with something new when the brunette asked her what she wanted to drink. Her expression went blank, met with another smile and a chuckle as Billie retracted her question and whipped up something of her own creation, handing it over to her when she deemed it complete. "...Thanks," she spun the liquid around her cup a few times, looking down at it before she eventually brought it to her lips. Encouraged by the way that Billie had so easily thrown hers back, Aliyah took a sizable gulp. Immediately she was hit with an overwhelming burning sensation in the back of her throat, but she pushed past, attempting to mask her unfamiliarity with the sting of alcohol as she forced it down the rest of the way.

Her efforts appeared to be for naught, however, as Billie immediately fell into a bout of laughter at the sight; in some attempt to prove herself she fought through the bitter aftertaste and finished her first cup-full within relatively good time (though nowhere near Billie's pace) and was halfway through her second, and already feeling the effects, when the brunette proposed they team up in a game of beer pong against two of her friends.

With her attention momentarily turning to their opponents, Aliyah's gaze eventually drifted back toward Billie when she asked if she'd ever played. "Once, I think, but it was in high school..." she admitted, choosing to omit the fact that they hadn't played with actual beer and that she'd been indescribably terrible. She listened, picking up on bits and pieces over the repetitive beat of the music as the other girl gave her a quick briefing on the rules.

The other team showed no sign of going easy on them even despite Aliyah's failure to sink any of her throws into any of the cups, and as they scored one after the other and Billie and Aliyah were struggling to keep up with the rate in which they had to drink to keep up with it (well... Aliyah, at least; Billie offering to toss back one of the cups in her place when she couldn't), Aliyah could feel the effects of the alcohol slowly beginning to take hold.

She'd missed every shot she'd attempted to make, her already limited skills hindered even further when Billie slid in smoothly behind her and attempted to guide her through the motions. She moved in close, hips flush with the curve of her backside, and deftly curled her fingers around the back of her hand. Her other hand rested somewhere near Aliyah's ribs where it slowly drifted lower, settling somewhere on her abdomen and applying the faintest amount of pressure to keep her in place. Aliyah's insides were absolutely tangled, fluttering and churning as the other woman dipped in closer and encouraged her to take the shot... which she promptly missed, hand verging on trembling as she finally released the ball.

Billie didn't move for her own turn, somehow tossing and making two shots with relative ease from her position nestled close against her partner. In something of a miracle Aliyah scored her first point after that, proudly exclaiming her victory much to Billie's amusement.

"We clearly win," she grinned, noting the one cup on their side of the table versus the four that still stood proud on the other side. Their opponents seemed less amused than Billie by her semi-drunken false declaration, who playfully leaned in close to the brunette's ear and inquired what she won, fingers slowly dipping lower against her abdomen.

Aliyah bit down on her lower lip, tilting her head to expose more of her neck when the other woman nestled her face closer into the space above her shoulder. A shiver moved through her as the brunette pulled away and, encouraged by Billie's advances and the lapse in judgement induced by the alcohol that she'd consumed throughout the course of the game, she turned, leaving little space between them, and her hand found the side of Billie's jaw, pulling her close. Her free hand moved up to the other side of the brunette's face as their lips met in a slow, deep kiss that had Aliyah's insides pulling, entirely unfazed by the stares that normally would've discouraged her from acting out in such a way.

─────────────────────
people always told me
and don't go around

─────────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 726
Billie’s laughter barely subsided when she caught sight of the look on Isaiah’s face in response to the physical proximity between herself and her date; however, she paid no attention to him, instead remaining nestled close to the other girl as the opposing team tossed the ball towards them. The lack of space between them seemed to drive the other girl into a state of nervousness and restlessness but not the bad kind; so Billie stayed in place, expertly throwing the ball and managing to land two in one turn even from her spot pressed up tightly against Aliyah.

As Isaiah took the ball instead, Billie took the moment of distraction to press herself even closer to the other girl, her hips pressing harder against her back, and, slowly, bucked her hips upward, setting a slow, teasing pace as she began to grind herself up against the other girl. Immediately, Aliyah responded, pushing back against Billie’s slow movements, subconsciously or not, and the brunette took the opportunity to press a soft kiss against the side of her neck, just over the pulsing of her heartbeat. Their advances, borderline inappropriate for the setting, were nearly unnoticeable for those around them, being subtle enough to just allow feeling for both of them while remaining masked by the slowness of it all.

Somehow, despite Billie’s continuous distracting, the other girl managed to actually make the next shot, proudly exclaiming her success as she turned slightly within Billie’s tight grasp. “Hmm, clearly.” She muttered, pushing her face a little closer into the other girl’s neck and placing another soft kiss against her skin. “What’d I win, then?” Her lips parted slightly, allowing her tongue to move briefly against the same spot where she’d just kissed her, and she could feel Aliyah tensing up as her hand slowly inched lower, fingers dipping briefly under the hem of her pants, before she pulled away, stepping back from where she’d been close up against the brunette.

Before she had the time to move an appropriate distance away, Aliyah was turning, her hands finding the sides of Billie’s face as she pulled her towards her in a desperate motion, before meeting Billie’s lips with her own.

Billie responded immediately. Her hands found the sides of the brunette’s waist, pulling her hips against Billie’s, and her lips parted just enough to run her tongue over Aliyah’s lower lip, who seemed to let out a breath she’d been holding at the feeling. Billie slowly guided Aliyah’s lips open, her tongue finding its way between them, and Aliyah gasped as Billie’s teeth grazed her lip, pulling her closer despite the questionable stares they were receiving at their public display.

Only after a few more seconds did she finally pull away, disregarding the fact that half the people in the room were looking at them, and allowing Aliyah to stay close to her for a brief moment before she was stepping away, taking notice of how Isaiah was no longer near the table, and the uncomfortable expression on his teammate’s face. “He’s such a fuckin’ drama queen,” Billie shrugged, downing the last cup of beer that was still on their side of the table, before gesturing with her head for the brunette to follow – the other girl seeming a whole lot less put together than Billie.

They ended up at the couch, Billie’s jacket wrapped tightly around Aliyah’s shoulders after a complaint that it wasn’t warm enough, and Billie’s arm resting on the back of the couch, half around the other girl. She pushed a joint between her lips, lighting it with a lighter she’d picked up from a nearby table, her feet on the coffee table in front of them, as she leaned back and exhaled a cloud of thick-smelling smoke. “You good?” Her eyes found the brunette’s, flicking down briefly to indicate that it was the jacket she was talking about, before closing her lips around the blunt once more.

She didn’t look as Aliyah’s head rested against her shoulder, only glancing over occasionally to make sure she was still comfortable as her eyes rested on another game of beer pong across the room. “Ya know,” she muttered, quietly enough for just Aliyah to hear over the pounding of the music, “I didn’t think you had it in ya. To… take what ya want, I mean.

────────────────
let's count the ways

────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 812
It was ethereal. Billie's hands had found her hips while her own still grasped desperately at the other woman's jaw, pulling her closer despite the way that their bodies were already flush against one another. All of the doubt, the yearning, the want that had accumulated over the short course of time in which they'd known each other had spilled over, desperately overwhelming Aliyah as she finally found the courage to satiate her desires. A low moan - an involuntary reflex to the sensation - rose from her throat and she hummed quietly into the kiss when Billie's teeth grazed against her lower lip, pulling gently.

Aliyah required little further guidance to allow her lips to part as the tip of Billie's tongue brushed between them in a slow, languid movement. She brought her hips closer, desperate for any kind of physical connection, and even despite the way in which her partner's movements had lessened considerably in intensity from when they'd first started, she found herself caught by surprise when she finally pulled away. Lingering against her for a short time, she managed to find her bearings and resume an acceptable upright position that didn't require the other woman's support as she stepped back, making a slow drift back into the moment as the reality of the situation began to settle on her and she became acutely aware of the stares and of the comments being thrown their way by strangers. Still, in her semi-inebriated state, she found her ability to care or to feel self-conscious about her current situation significantly less than usual as she followed Billie out of the room.

They found themselves on the couch in Billie's dorm where the brunette unquestioningly stripped herself of her own jacket and offered it to Aliyah without hesitation when she complained of the sudden drop in temperature between the two rooms. Slumped back against the couch with Billie's hand draped comfortably over her shoulder, she glanced briefly toward the other woman in her semi-distracted state - still very much feeling the effects of the drinks - and gave a shallow nod, addressing the brunette's mild concern. "Mhmm," she hummed, fitting perfectly into the space at the woman's side. "I'm fine."

Steadily growing more tired, she rested her head comfortably against the other woman's shoulder and leaned into her, listening to her speak and watching the slow trail of smoke that rose from her lips and swirled through the air as she took another hit from the joint that she'd been holding pinched between her fingers. She hummed quietly in response, feeling her cheeks grow warm at the softly spoken observation even in her current state. "Maybe you don't know me as well as you think you do..." she teased, grinning at the realization that they both knew this never would've happened had she not been drinking. Still, it felt nice to ride on the high that this temporary newfound confidence provided; even if she thought she might regret the surroundings in which she'd decided to make her affections known, she certainly wouldn't regret who she'd chosen to share them with.

A comfortable silence had settled between them after that and Aliyah was only moments away from drifting off to sleep against the slightly taller woman's shoulder when Tish, the friend who had showed her to the dorms, sought refuge from the rowdiness of the party and joined them in their semi-quiet corner. Aliyah sat up at the introduction of a third presence and the three - though mainly Billie and Tish - shared a brief conversation before the joint was being passed around and, somehow, Billie's friend was convincing Aliyah to give it a try. Refusing at first, she eventually complied, following the verbal instructions that she was receiving as she pinched the joint near its end and put it between her lips.

She inhaled, confidently enough, before her throat hitched and she was instantly sent into a coughing fit. She shook her head, slouching over as she moved toward the edge of the couch, and held the joint out and away from herself. "Mmm, nope... no, I'm good..." she croaked, shoving the joint between Tish's fingers before she sat back against the couch.

Left to physically restrain herself from coughing and attracting more unwanted attention to herself despite the tickle that was still present in the back of her throat, Aliyah settled comfortably back into the space at Billie's side, perfectly content with simply observing while the other pair, soon after joined by a few more of Billie's friends, passed the joint amongst themselves. She eventually found herself leaning into the woman's shoulder again, eyelids growing heavy as Billie's hand, which had been slung over her shoulder, found her hair and began to toy with it distractedly. She forced herself awake, smiling along sleepily to the conversation and occasional jokes that were being tossed around the group.

─────────────────────
people always told me
and don't go around

─────────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 601
Hmm,” Billie hummed quietly, shifting slightly under the brunette’s weight, as Aliyah replied with her not knowing her as well as she thought she did. “Maybe I don’t.” She closed her lips around the blunt again, inhaling a lungful of smoke, and exhaling part of it as she spoke. “Maybe we gotta work on that.” She grinned, eyes finding Aliyah’s, as she let go of the cloud that was still in her lungs, breathing it out through her nose in a dragonesque way. She allowed the other girl to lean into her, her own arm slowly dipping lower automatically, eventually coming to rest around Aliyah’s shoulders as the brunette moved into her side, fitting perfectly under Billie’s bicep.

They only had a couple of minutes of silence together before Tish was moving over, plopping unceremoniously onto the couch next to Billie, and pulling her feet onto the couch, knees resting to the side. “Gimme that,” she muttered, holding her fingers out in the direction of Billie’s half-smoked blunt, and the brunette automatically handed it to her, no questions asked. “Raul again?” Tish only shrugged at the mention of her ex, who Billie had noticed as being present at the party, but the dip between her friend’s eyebrows told her enough and she immediately dropped the subject.

Tish barely looked at Aliyah, acknowledging her but being comfortable around the way the two of them seemed to be glued together, having known Billie and her ability to make any girl feel comfortable for a longer time. “Ya wanna try, Ali?” She handed the blunt over, and Billie’s gaze came to rest on her date as she put the blunt between her lips and inhaled, immediately descending into a coughing fit that had Billie snickering. “Not your thing, eh?” She shrugged, taking it from Aliyah’s now outstretched hand as she stuck it between her own lips instead, patting the girl on the shoulder. “You get used to it.

The comfortable silence that surrounded them was soon disturbed by the presence of another number of friends who, as the party began to dwindle down, sought refuse from the loud music that was still playing outside and found their little quiet corner. Billie lit another blunt as the first ran out, and they simple handed it around, listening to one of Isaiah’s friends as he told some lame story about a football game he’d been to recently and how his date had unceremoniously dumped him because he ate a hot dog in front of her. Meanwhile, Aliyah’s weight began to push harder into Billie’s side, her face eventually dipping against the side of Billie’s neck as she snuggled closer to it. No one commented on it, being entirely used to displays of affection involving Billie in such a way, and only when the brunette eventually dipped down, resting her head in Billie’s lap, did she notice a taunting grin on one of the guy’s faces.

We got a problem, man?” Her eyebrows dipped, hand possessively resting on Aliyah’s side as she stared the guy down, who immediately scrambled to defend himself against Billie. “Uh, no, it’s cool.” “That’s what I thought.

The brunette didn’t move from her spot in Billie’s lap, eventually drifting off to sleep with her forehead pressed against Billie’s stomach, and she simply continued to run her fingers through her hair absently as even the people sitting nearby began to dwindle down, leaving to go to their own dorms. When Tish got up, around three in the morning, Billie gently shook the brunette awake. “Hey, babygirl, you want me to take you home?

────────────────
let's count the ways

────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 592
The sound of conversation had begun to muddle into something of an incoherent hum; Aliyah cuddled closer against Billie's side, nestling her face in the crook of the other woman's neck. The brunette continued to participate in a conversation with her friends, the gentle vibrations of her voice felt as Aliyah remained pressed close to her. She remained upright for a short time, eventually taking advantage of the free space on the couch next to her and lowering herself so that her head could rest comfortably in the other woman's lap.

Billie's hand had since found her side and she felt the woman tense beneath her, relaxing again only after she'd tossed a defensive comment in the direction of - judging by the voice that responded - one of the guys in the room. She didn't bother looking and instead allowed her eyelids, which were already becoming difficult to keep open, to drift closed as she dipped her face closer to the other woman's stomach, finding comfort in her warmth. Meanwhile, Billie had taken to slowly dragging her fingers through her hair and the gentle pulling sensation quickly had her drifting off to sleep in the other woman's lap.

She didn't know how much time had passed when she finally came-to, stirred from her light sleep by a gentle nudging against her shoulder. She pinched her eyelids shut a bit tighter, groaning quietly before she blinked against the light. "Hm... what time is it?" the music had died down and though there was still a stale smell in the air, the smoke that had previously hung in the air had long since dissipated. She'd pushed herself up into a half-lounging position, casting a disbelieving glance toward Billie when she told her that it was nearly three in the morning. "Really?" she breathed, raking her fingers through her hair as she sat upright. "Shit... Becca's gonna kill me." she leaned into the couch's back with her shoulder, still not entirely awake and listened as Billie spoke again, offering to let her stay.

She wasn't exactly sure how it'd happened, but somewhere between waking up and being offered a chance to stay a while longer Billie had proposed that they grab a bottle of wine and head up to the roof. It was already half past three... arriving home in a few hours time would make little difference at this point. They'd taken to leaning comfortably against the bricked wall of the roof access point, bottle of wine between them; the quiet chirping of crickets below the only other sound for miles, it seemed.

Aliyah was the first to break the silence. "Twenty-one questions," she didn't glance toward Billie to catch the look that would undoubtedly be etched onto her face, still gazing semi-distractedly out toward the night sky, but her silence said enough and a gentle smile came to the girl's lips as she came to her own defense. "Do you have anything better in mind?" She quickly cut in before the other brunette had time to think of a response. "I'll go first." She went quiet for a few seconds, clicking her tongue quietly in thought before she turned her head, lolling it against the brick of the building to cast a quick look in the other woman's direction. "What's your major?" she instantly broke out into a grin as Billie's face fell straight into disappointment at the dullness of her question. "I'm sorry, I've been dying to know! It says a lot about a person!" She laughed, shoving playfully against the girl's knee.

─────────────────────
people always told me
and don't go around

─────────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 488
Uh, like, 3 in the morning.” Billie leaned back as the brunette moved from her spot in her lap, resting her arm on the back of the couch as Aliyah scrambled up slightly to look at her. At the mention of the other girl’s friend, Billie’s head cocked briefly, one of the corners of her mouth pulling downward slightly, but the moment was brief enough to not alert Aliyah to Billie’s gesture of distaste towards her friend. She shrugged, fingers briefly getting entangled in her own thick hair, before she allowed her eyes to stray downward and connect to the other girl’s. “You can stay, if you wanna.” The room was pretty much empty at this point, and Billie, being a nocturnal animal, wasn’t planning on going to bed any soon anyway. She’d have plenty of time to sleep in the morning – she didn’t really attend her morning seminars anymore anyway.

They ended up on the roof, Billie lugging a bottle of what seemed to be expensive whine along. “I found it… in the principal’s office,” she shot the brunette a lopsided grin, full of mischief and playfulness, “think it’s for ‘special occasions’.” Her voice changed briefly, adopting a fancy accent, before dropping it immediately. “Think this occasion is special enough,” she winked at the other girl, wordlessly implying it, and promptly plopped down on the roof, leaning back against the doorway to the stairs that they’d gotten on the roof from.

She popped the bottle easily, muscles straining slightly under the short sleeves of her shirt, the moonlight just bright enough to light up the rooftop for her to see what she was doing. She raised a questioning eyebrow when Aliyah spoke again, eyes briefly pulling away from the bottle onto the girl as she mentioned playing a question game. She was about to speak up, input some sort of protest, when her attempt at speaking was promptly shot down and Aliyah was already moving along into her first question, that had Billie roll her eyes. “Really? Ya had to ask that?” She shook her head, immediately putting the mouth of the wine bottle to her lips, taking a big swig of it before handing it to the brunette.

Women’s studies. I’m failing, though.” She shifted, tucking one of her feet underneath her while the other leg remained stretched out in front of her. “I ain’t even gonna ask you what you’re doin’ in that lab of yours.” She muttered, grinning as her gaze connected with Aliyah’s. “That ain’t in my corner at all.

Her eyes moved then to the faint outline of buildings against the moonlight, following a couple of them as she thought briefly. “Aight. When’s the last time ya made out with another chick?” The gaze that the other girl gave her just had Billie shrugging, unable to prevent the grin on her lips. “You just seemed a lil’ desperate is all I’m sayin’.

A x!XXL xX!XI X!XxY x!XXA XX!xH
────────────────
let's count the ways

────────────────

wordxxcount ;; 536
Aliyah's fingers grasped at the neck of the bottle of wine as it was handed to her. She brought its mouth to her lips, tipping it back slowly, and swallowed a small amount, preferring its taste over the cheap beer that they'd consumed hours earlier, but remaining aware of the fact that she couldn't hold her drinks as well as Billie could. Handing the bottle back to her, a gentle smile had the corners of her mouth curling upward and she nodded when the brunette told her what she was studying. "That suits you." Her voice was quiet and genuine, her smile growing broader as Billie teased her about her lab work.

It was peculiar, almost, how at ease she found herself growing in the presence of the other woman. And as they sat there, basking in the moonlight to the sound of their own laughter while the rest of the campus slept, it felt like they were the only people in the world.

Aliyah's gaze flitted, drawn back into the moment when Billie verbalized that she was ready to ask her own question and the girl offered her a glance, but her expression quickly drooped as it registered in her mind, causing Billie to grin. "Screw you," she tapped the backs of her fingers against the girl's shoulder in a lighthearted gesture of reprobation, suddenly regretting her decision to partake in a question game with someone as blunt as she was. Still, she considered her answer, unwilling to shy away from the brunette's question and leave her to the incessant guessing that would undoubtedly follow.

"I, uh... I dated a girl my freshman year," she admitted, thinking back. "She transferred to some school in Colorado - Denver or somewhere around there - and long distance wasn't on the table for either of us, so it ended pretty quickly." Had it really been that long ago? She almost felt embarrassed for herself. "I stay busy with my study, so I guess I didn't really look for anything after that." She admitted, shrugging. Relationships had never been a priority for Aliyah, especially not now that she was in college, but the realization that it'd been almost three years since she'd been intimate with another person paired with the comfortable but exciting flutter that she felt whenever she was around the other woman almost had her longing for something more. "...Let's just say it's been a while," she finally answered, unwilling to verbalize just how long it had been.

She pulled her knees closer to her chest and leaned forward, folding her arms, still encased within the slightly oversized sleeves of Billie's jacket, over her knees and resting her head against them in a sideways motion as she observed the other woman, considering her next question. "Your friends all seem really cool with it," she started quietly, assuming that Billie would catch onto what she was implying by "it". "Did you always know?" She sat up slowly, gaze finding the brunette's. Thinking back on her own experiences and her time spent hiding a large part of herself from her family and her friends, she simply couldn't imagine the brunette doing the same with her take it or leave it attitude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back