Anime & Manga New Fruits Basket Anime

AnimeGenork

The Duck Overlord
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

So Fruits Basket, one of the cutest and heartache-y series I ever read as a manga, is coming back! From the looks and sound of it, instead of going a few volumes in, this time they're animating the full manga series, which has since become one of my favorites. I thought the anime was cute the way they did it, though it was a bit of a bummer they didn't go farther.

How do you, fellow fans, feel about the reboot? Excited? Bummed? (If bummed, WHYYYY) Thoughts on how well they'll do with the adaptation?

Which character are you excited to see in this new animation?

And, if you're like me and watched the dub, do you think they'll bring back the English voices from the original?

If you read the manga, has anyone read the sequel manga, Fruits Basket Another? (I read all of one chapter before I realized it wasn't a joke)

Personally, I'm suuuper excited for this! I always wanted to see the entirety of the series animated, and now I do!! I can't wait to see the members of the zodiac who didn't appear in the original, namely Rin and Kureno. Personally, I can't WAIT for Kyo in this new animation!! I do hope Jerry Jewell will grace us with his voice again in English.

How about you all?!

Oh wow, this brings me back. Thanks for the news! I probably wouldn't have known, since I've fallen out of loop for things like these. As for whether or not I'm excited... I don't know. The manga left a strong impression on me and the art style factored a lot into the whole vibe of the piece. From the trailer, things look very polished and bright; it doesn't have that soft feeling I'm nostalgic for lol (the artist uses a lot of flat colors in her art) I'm also slightly anxious because they didn't show any of the characters' faces up close hahaha

I'm kind of particular for things like that for some reason, which is why I lost interest in Natsume Yuujinchou seasons 5 and 6.

As for the sequel manga, I also thought it was a joke XD Is it any good? The original series felt complete already with the curse being broken and all, so I dismissed it without reading it.

I wasn't actually sure if it was real at first, but it was actually pretty cute!! It gives a very strong "nostalgia" feel, what little of it I have read. XD

As for the faces, I scrolled through Funimation's Twitter, and it gave sneak peeks of the character designs. They're actually really similar to the original, just new!!

Hm... I found them, but I'm still ambivalent since they kind of look more... generic somehow. I mean, the eye size is definitely more proportioned so from an artistic standpoint it should be better... right? Maybe I'm just nitpicking lol

But I do think this is great because newer audiences who might not have read the manga might pick it up after watching the anime :D

Oh, definitely! Not to mention Natsuki Takaya (the creator) will be keeping a closer watch on how the anime's done, so I think she'll be pleased with how it's done. (Apparently she wasn't a big fan of what they did the first time around.)

I'm not sure how I feel about this to be honest.

I loved Fruits Basket (admittingly I thought Yuuki and Tohru were supposed to be canon but the last episode made me realize I was wrong) and how the art style and voices and everything was. I loved how Fruits Basket was one of the classics (at least to me) and how... old the anime itself was. The feeling of Fruits Basket and the characters were the best. Although I admit that the art style wasn't the best: it was certainly eye-catching and unique.

Nowadays, "new", polished anime is complete bullshit and dogshit compared to the old and classics. The plots are terrible, if I do say so myself. Besides, they're ruining my all time favorite slice of life by a 2019 polished version.

I may change my opinion... but I'm not sure how I feel...

I'm not sure how I feel about this to be honest.

I loved Fruits Basket (admittingly I thought Yuuki and Tohru were supposed to be canon but the last episode made me realize I was wrong) and how the art style and voices and everything was. I loved how Fruits Basket was one of the classics (at least to me) and how... old the anime itself was. The feeling of Fruits Basket and the characters were the best. Although I admit that the art style wasn't the best: it was certainly eye-catching and unique.

Nowadays, "new", polished anime is complete bullshit and dogshit compared to the old and classics. The plots are terrible, if I do say so myself. Besides, they're ruining my all time favorite slice of life by a 2019 polished version.

I may change my opinion... but I'm not sure how I feel...

They will be basically doing the same thing, but it more closely follows the manga, which was hecka amazing if you haven't read it

As for Yuuki and Tohru
Yuuki actually saw her more as a mother figure than a romantic interest

They will be basically doing the same thing, but it more closely follows the manga, which was hecka amazing if you haven't read it

As for Yuuki and Tohru
Yuuki actually saw her more as a mother figure than a romantic interest
I haven't read it, actually.

So they're following the manga closely? No... changing anything? If that's the case, then I feel a bit better.. but like, I still don't know how I feel about it. I really did love the old Fruits Basket..

Ah, I'll see how it is when it comes out and give a solid opinion. 9.9/10 I'll like it though.

Wait what? I need this. I read some of the mangas but I preferred watching the dorky Tohru on tv. I am stoked! They should have at least introduced all the animals if they were going to stop with the anime years ago. Thanks for letting me know!

Well, this is exciting. Honestly I'm really excited to see the new art-- Like how anime is really pretty and detailed now days. I'm most excited to see Kyo~~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back