News New Desktop Notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turns out restarting Firefox fixed my notifs and I'm just an ijit.

These notifications are working out beautifully. I'm on an Android phone and it notifies me not through email but rather an actual notification. It even notifies me of a response when I'm offline. And when I click on the notification (if I'm logged in) it automatically opens up a new tab to the notification.

Hate to be a negative nancy...but I'm not getting notified for watched threads anymore. Not desktop notifications (which I don't want to implement) but just on the site itself. I haven't changed any settings. This might go together with my earlier problems of the favicon and what not. But I haven't changed any of my settings. I was wondering if there was something on my end I should be doing?

Hate to be a negative nancy...but I'm not getting notified for watched threads anymore. Not desktop notifications (which I don't want to implement) but just on the site itself. I haven't changed any settings. This might go together with my earlier problems of the favicon and what not. But I haven't changed any of my settings. I was wondering if there was something on my end I should be doing?

I still have the same problem, added bonus that I have given permission for desktop notifications, too, and I get neither. Only e-mails... :(

I still have the same problem, added bonus that I have given permission for desktop notifications, too, and I get neither. Only e-mails... :(

Yeah it seems that the notifications are being weird. But this is all new and staff has said that they're looking into it.

I have a few questions about this new notification system, and sorry if these were already answered (Was too lazy to read through all 4 pages) :

1. Are the notification meant to disappear on their own from the desktop after a moment of showing up? If so, is there a way to change it on my end to where it stays up till i either click it or exit it like they do for youtube's desktop notifications?

2. Are you going to bring back where tabs will show you the number of notifications? As I'll only get notified of 1 thing such as getting a like, and I won't get notified of other notifications as the previous one remains in view on my desktop.

New problem: I am now receiving notifications hours late on things I have already received alerts for and saw. Por que?

I understand you're doing your best, I'll be patient. But these kinks are getting weirder.

You know what I just realized? In calling the problems kinks, I totally missed the opportunity to do that Tumblr meme and announce "I"MMMM KINK SHAMING" Cold Ramen Noodles Cold Ramen Noodles Mfing dissapointed in myself.

Best of luck to our poor overworked staff!!

For me, on my android phone everything works nicely now. But on my laptop, which I use more, still the same problems, with the late notifications.
I guess the new problems means they are working hard, it usually does :)
So right now I am just virtually cheering in a suit and keep a virtual champagne cooled for the occasion when the staff wins over the machine. :)

This thread might not be the best place to test your notifs out, seeing as somewhere between 20-50 people are getting alerts for it. ;)

But then they all know it's working. Or not. ^;3^

I wasn't able to get a screepcap, but I did notice that when SkyGinge SkyGinge commented on a profile post that I also commented on, that the alert lacked a space between his name and the alert text. It said "SkyGingelikes a status you posted". Which, is of course incorrect because my account is set to not receive alerts for likes, but that's something else entirely.

Hey All,

I've gone ahead and released an update that should fix most if not all of the issues. The only hicup is that it might not ask your browser for permission to send notifications.

So you'll have to enable it manually if you didn't get a pop up (you might already have given permission due to the first update in this feature)

Firefox:

firefox_2017-06-07_20-41-51.png

Click on the arrow next to the secure connection > more information > permissions > receive notifications.

For chrome this is similar, just click on the lock and find the notifications permission.

If you have any questions/concerns please continue posting below :)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back