News New Desktop Notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.
The overlap is on mobile too and desktop, but it's not a HUGE issue for me. Just makes my OCD tick. Also I don't know if that is what Cold Ramen Noodles Cold Ramen Noodles was saying. But when I usually get notifications, a red number would be next to inbox or alerts. I no longer get that despite new notifications.

The overlap is on mobile too and desktop, but it's not a HUGE issue for me. Just makes my OCD tick. Also I don't know if that is what Cold Ramen Noodles Cold Ramen Noodles was saying. But when I usually get notifications, a red number would be next to inbox or alerts. I no longer get that despite new notifications.

Right now, I can state the same, so I guess work is in progress. :) At least now I actually get e-mail notifications. They were late for a little while.

Maybe? I'm terrible at explaining things. It's like...the tabs when you are on the internet. And you have Rpnation open on one tab. There would be a little, red one on the tab if I had one message or alert.

Maybe? I'm terrible at explaining things. It's like...the tabs when you are on the internet. And you have Rpnation open on one tab. There would be a little, red one on the tab if I had one message or alert.

I think RitualDeadlyf RitualDeadlyf means here:
Notifs on site.JPG

and Cold Ramen Noodles Cold Ramen Noodles means here:
Notifs in tabs.JPG

I'm getting the ones in the first pic (on the site itself) but I don't remember if I had them in the second one. Someone reply or like so I can test. ^;3^

Interestingly I got the popup, but the notif showed in neither the tab nor the site (until I hovered over the alerts icon, and it showed in the dropdown that appears).

Thanks for the test, DeadnotSleeping DeadnotSleeping !

We'll work on it.

I get no pop-ups, and the red alert icon only shows up when I hover over it, too. Desktop notifications supposed to be permitted. Thank you for looking into it. :)

Problem! I found a problem! On my screen, you know the arrows that show up to either take you to the top or bottom of the screen? Yea, it's covering the bottom arrow. :( I use that a lot.

If I accidentally press no how do I enable them?
There should be a little red bell on the bottom right or the website you can click. Should being a keyword since my UI might be different based on theme, browser, etc.

There should be a little red bell on the bottom right or the website you can click. Should being a keyword since my UI might be different based on theme, browser, etc.

It might be different since they already said no to it. They would have to go into their settings and dig out the permissions and enable it manually.

So every time someone replies to a thread I follow, instead of "X replied to the thread" it says "X liked your post"
but then when I click on my notifications, it displays the correct "X replied to the thread"

I got the same problem,

+ It 's nice that I also get notifications on the chrome app on mobile

; n ;

I think I broke my alert notifications. I'm not getting them anymore even though I'm still subscribed.

Am I supposed to get a notification... about getting notifications? Cuz that certainly never happened to me.
And the notification for this thread, sent at 11:21 PM yesterday, showed up for me on my tab at about 3:36 PM today. Over twelve hours late. RIP self. And maybe firefox.

I noticed that now the site itself is also lagging when I'm actually on the page. The little envelope icon won't update itself unless I hover over it and then it'll say how many messages I have. But it seems I'm not the only one with this problem.

the overlapping of the bell and the arrows is really bugging me, specially in mobile. Other than that, I'm very happy that you guys released a notification thingy.
Though I did notice that it's slightly faster than the in-site notifications. I'd get the note on my desktop, but when I go check on the site the alerts and conversations tabs aren't displaying the little red number and only after I hover my mouse over them that they update saying I got a new message/alert.

the overlapping of the bell and the arrows is really bugging me, specially in mobile. Other than that, I'm very happy that you guys released a notification thingy.
Though I did notice that it's slightly faster than the in-site notifications. I'd get the note on my desktop, but when I go check on the site the alerts and conversations tabs aren't displaying the little red number and only after I hover my mouse over them that they update saying I got a new message/alert.

Yeah, that's a problem that myself and a few others on here seem to be experiencing.

Oh my god, shiny! I love it. :D
FF is taking it pretty well, despite not liking most of my everything, so ayy!
Good job as always~

There are definitely some glitches still to be worked out here. For example, I received a notification that said: " Noble Scion Noble Scion has commented on your post" when in reality he'd commented on his own post which I had also commented on. And I got one that said " Daisie Daisie made a new profile post" when in actuality she'd liked my comment on someone else's post. But the whole, I have a notification and my browser will take me there thing is working. I won't deny that. Just...wording.

There are definitely some glitches still to be worked out here. For example, I received a notification that said: " Noble Scion Noble Scion has commented on your post" when in reality he'd commented on his own post which I had also commented on. And I got one that said " Daisie Daisie made a new profile post" when in actuality she'd liked my comment on someone else's post. But the whole, I have a notification and my browser will take me there thing is working. I won't deny that. Just...wording.
why does everyone think I'm a he...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back