• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Relief_of_Hatshepsut%27s_expedition_to_the_Land_of_Punt_by_%CE%A3%CF%84%CE%B1%CF%8D%CF%81%CE%BF%CF%82.jpg

--New Civilizations--

Welcome to the World That Might Be...

-The Immortals Sorrow-

╔═══════════════╗
-Introductions-
╚═══════════════╝

You're an old soul in a new world. You are given no explanation - no cause of knowing how you arrived here - nor reason for being here. You don't know where or when you have landed. You are alone, you are naked, and no one is looking for you. You have come just in time to witness the end of humanity's blank slate: the time before history and civilization. Man is finally beginning to understand his real power, and will soon understand his place in the world. You, are the product his quest for knowledge and mastery over the Earth. You have seen the culmination of 5,000 years of labor, before miraculously being sent back to the beginning of it all. No reason was given to you for arriving here, so you must make the reason! Why were you sent to the beginning of time? How did you shape our journey? The history books are blank once again, and you - you shall be the Author!

»»————-  ————-««

Welcome to New Civilizations! A game, which sends you, either your literal self, or a person very like yourself, back five thousand years into the past - the dawn of history, and civilization. There is no explanation of how you arrived, or even why you are here. Not only has the world changed around you, but you have changed as well. From the day you arrive in the past, forever onward, you will not age. You've become a timeless immortal! What is more, you are able to, unconsciously and instinctively, understand and speak every language you come into contact with; your body has become immune to receiving or transmuting disease - though you are still able to be killed by other unnatural means. Sent to the past, as a timeless and near-immortal, you are free to shape history and mankind's journey over the millennia as you see fit - restrained only by your reason, your means, and the will of other Authors. Typically though, you are expected to fashion some kind of civilization or culture - this is an ultimate sandbox game. And of course, this is my first time hosting a RP! So hopefully, this idea here might be successful! Credit goes to G-Tech Corporation who actually (and still to this day) does RPs on NationStates that I used to go to and is the one who came up with this masterpiece so I decided to introduce it here to RPNation (which might actually be the first in the site's history here)! Please note that this is being posted on the interest check section so if anyone is interested then feel free to do so! By the way, sorry if this presentation looks ugly and disorganized (if not, pretty basic and poorly coded) to you all, but that'll do for now, so I might make it better at a later date!

╔═══════════════╗
-Rules and Expectations-
╚═══════════════╝

1. Rules!
2. You may not post your author profile to the author list until you have been accepted by me.
3. Your Author should not be someone who just happens to be perfectly suited for the time period. You can't be an expert in metallurgy, blacksmithing, masonry, and carpentry. Your Author should be an otherwise normal person with normal skills. It is preferred that your Author resemble you as much as possible (be yourself if you want), though exceptions will be made if deemed reasonable.
4. The people of the year 5000 BCE, are not stupid - or even that ignorant. They are, in their own way, usually just as logical and reasonable as you are now - you crafting some bronze and making a shovel isn't going to make people think you are a god. What is more, these people aren't going to make you chief of their village simply because you killed the old chief in a fight. That'd be unreasonable today, it'd be unreasonable then. Treat the NPC's like they were actual human beings with fully functioning brains.
5. You arrive in this world naked - literally. You come in with nothing. However, please don't make it too explicit as it can potentially break RPNation's rules!
6. There is no set rule for time skips. At opportune moments in the story, I will do a small global skip a few years into the future. Every participant will be warned ahead of time of when this skip will happen. Prior to these skips, try not to jump more than a few months or a year ahead in your characters development - and significantly less when you are just starting out.
7. You are free to write the reactions of NPCs as you see fit. On occasion, I might intervene simply to make the story more interesting. You are limited in reacting for the NPC's of another Author's civilization by what that particular Author will permit (if allowing you to react on their behalf at all).
8. You will arrive in this world after having awoken from sleep.
9. Your Author should not just instantly comprehend with their situation; some kind of panic should be expected.
10. Skills listed in your Author Profile should be specific, relevant to your current situation, and things to which you posses a degree of expertise at. You actually must be an knowledgeable expert at the skill which you list, in order to declare that you have it.
11. Do not list any of the following as a skill: historical knowledge, oration, charisma, leadership, military tactics - unless you have very hard skills in these areas. Do note that skills which are deemed too broad will have to be sharpened until they fit our criterion for acceptance.

Me who watches historical war movies and dramas: "Yeah, I'm something of a military tactician myself."

Ahem.

Just wanna drop by to endorse this project of yours. Seems promising. Alas, I will not be participating due to my tight schedules of late. Best of luck and welcome to RPN! <3

Me who watches historical war movies and dramas: "Yeah, I'm something of a military tactician myself."

Ahem.

Just wanna drop by to endorse this project of yours. Seems promising. Alas, I will not be participating due to my tight schedules of late. Best of luck and welcome to RPN! <3
No worries! I'm glad to hear that you liked my idea!

Question, what civilization do we spawn in?
Anywhere in the world (well, except for Antarctica, Iceland, parts of Greenland, New Zealand, and Madagascar, but I might miss some others)! It could be China, Japan, England, Ireland, India, etc! As long as your Author doesn't end up in an uninhabited place (like I just mentioned), the possibilities are endless! However, considering that this RP takes place in the Neolithic period (c. 10000 - 4500 BCE), I (of course, you probably don't have to) recommend doing some research on that matter before creating an Author. But other than that, all you have to worry about is just have fun! lol

Um, what do you mean by that? lol
Well, what if my character abhorred the ancient ways of doing things — slavery, lack of freedom and equality, etc. — and decided that they could create a society focused on the betterment of humanity. This society would draw in bright and like-minded individuals (not that it would be easy or likely) to bring the modern age into being via technologies, societal changes, revolutions, or something else. I was thinking something similar to the Assassin's Creed from Assassin's Creed but totally different in goals and execution because, well, they wouldn't be assassins. Just a thought and not a deal-breaker, regardless of this, I'd still be interested in joining!

Well, what if my character abhorred the ancient ways of doing things — slavery, lack of freedom and equality, etc. — and decided that they could create a society focused on the betterment of humanity. This society would draw in bright and like-minded individuals (not that it would be easy or likely) to bring the modern age into being via technologies, societal changes, revolutions, or something else. I was thinking something similar to the Assassin's Creed from Assassin's Creed but totally different in goals and execution because, well, they wouldn't be assassins. Just a thought and not a deal-breaker, regardless of this, I'd still be interested in joining!
Oh, I see! I'm not entirely sure about that one. We'll see. By the way, are you Skyhunter?

my major was in us history, I minored in Greek mythology (so I took Greek history courses) so it would be wise if I went with Greece. I did also do research on French and Russian history as well, for my poly-sci major, and being raised a Jew, I know the books of the Abraham faiths. (And I majored in theater but uh that’s not gonna help here)

So uh… Greece or Mesopotamia.

Wow, amazing! I'm glad that you came across these useful (re)sources!
I read stuff like that as a hobby. I also have a link somewhere on my laptop - I think - to an old interactive map of Greece. I also lived for a year and a half in Turkey and couldn't avoid learning a bit about the Ottoman Empire. And I did some studies on Dacian / Thracian history, linguistics and mythology. (I was studying Ardael (Transylvania the the Byzantine name for that region).

I read stuff like that as a hobby. I also have a link somewhere on my laptop - I think - to an old interactive map of Greece. I also lived for a year and a half in Turkey and couldn't avoid learning a bit about the Ottoman Empire. And I did some studies on Dacian / Thracian history, linguistics and mythology. (I was studying Ardael (Transylvania the the Byzantine name for that region).
That's so cool! Can you speak Greek?

Nah ... a little Turkish though. And Russian, Italian, German. Taught myself Braille and Sign when I was 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back