• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern New Civilizations 1st Edition OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Oop, I never get notifications for this thread...weird.

That aside, I come bearing gifts!

It's a long read, but part III has a nice list of fruits and approximately when they were cultivated. The categories are Mediterranean, Central Asian, Chinese & Southeast Asian, and American fruits. Hope it helps!
It does. Has a direct bearing on my next post. Of course, instead of a fruit, Jon ends up getting an onion … and a glare.

You know what guys, from the way I saw my writing that I posted the other day, I'm thinking about modifying my writing style to make it a little easier to read. Well, considering that my current writing style has been disorganized and chaotic. But we'll see...

Alright, I edited my post. In case you don't know what I did to it, I basically removed some of the "said" parts/tags because of how redundant and complicated they were. Why is that? I have decided to write in the light novel style of writing because I find it to be somewhat faster and less complicated to write in this style. If you have never heard of a light novel before, I'll provide the links to it below.

The hard part of inventing gunpowder is the KNO3. First, you have to know how to distill the stuff and purify it. Then you have to know the correct ratio to mix. The latter part is a matter of trial and error.

The second hardest part, believe it or not, is the charcoal. I am the only one living in an area that already produces charcoal in quantity. Easy enough to make if you know how. Otherwise your yields will be pitiful and wasteful.

Unfortunately ... none of these technologies will help any of you create a civilization. You might make some for personal use. But beyond that ...

The hard part of inventing gunpowder is the KNO3. First, you have to know how to distill the stuff and purify it. Then you have to know the correct ratio to mix. The latter part is a matter of trial and error.

The second hardest part, believe it or not, is the charcoal. I am the only one living in an area that already produces charcoal in quantity. Easy enough to make if you know how. Otherwise your yields will be pitiful and wasteful.

Unfortunately ... none of these technologies will help any of you create a civilization. You might make some for personal use. But beyond that ...
I see. What about iron and copper when it comes to creating armor and weapons?

I am in the birthplace of copper mining, hence the availability of charcoal, which is needed for this. (LOL, you folks have your cultures anywhere from 1000-2500 years ahead of their development. Oh well ...)

The stages of Anatolian Metallurgy are divided as follows:

Preliminary Stage (Nonmetallic Period) before 8200 BCE;

Beginning Stage (Monometallic Period) after 8200 BCE;
In this stage that take native copper and smack it to pound it into shape.

Development Stage (Onset of Extractive Metallurgy) after 5000 BCE;
This is the stage I have just entered. This stage is subdivided based on pre-bellows, then pot bellows, then more advanced bellows.

Organization/Experimentation Stage (Advanced Metallurgy) ca. after 4000 BCE;

Industrial Stage (Bronze and Iron Ages) ca. after 2800 BCE.

IRON
You will not be able to extract iron until you have advanced bellows. In short, the earlier bellows just don't get the fire hot enough.

I think I have my next post ready. But before I post it, I think we have a couple members who haven't made intro posts yet.

Me being gone for 50 years, everyone: alright, I'm out
but gone for 2 seconds everyone: *starts a war*

Hmm ... marriage was invented in 2350 BCE. (There was something similar in China in 5000 BC for extra clan marriage called antithetic marriage.)

Good news, a lore page will be created in the near future, so please be sure to keep in mind about that!
Awesome. I may write something up and submit it in PM. Like the post I made about marriage… I was thinking of having Telip trying to hook his cousin up with Jon. Lol.

Regrettably no. In 1993 I met a lady and allowed that to be a distraction that probably cost me taking the top spots in Inorganic and P Chem. It also is the reason for the job I list for Jon in 1995. I cut my character off there because otherwise I would have violated that Rule 6 completely. Experience by necessity.

I do have some classified experiences that I can’t discuss. I guess the closest thing I can say there that would mean something, would be that among my work, I gathered intel for Project Red Flag. Yes, as in Top Gun.

By chance are you German? Just wondering if that affected your choice of starting location. I spent 3.5 years in Berlin before the Wall came down. And I am half German.
No, I’m not German however I went to Berlin back in July 2018 when me and my high school team participated in the International History Quiz Bee at that time. So with that, I was given an opportunity to get to know Germany and its rich culture. Although it’s not the reason why I chose the Ore Mountains as the starting point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back