• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern New Civilizations 1st Edition OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Anyone know how BIG horses were in 5000 BCE? Even wild ones. I have a bad feeling they will be about like ponies.

the wild precursors of modern horses would have been pony sized, yes. you didn't start getting big modern horses until the industrial revolution and they were specifically bred for height. (remember too that people were also much smaller until very recently!)

330px-Kherson_tarpan.jpg

^ only known photo of a Tarpan, a now extinct wild steppe breed

eta: at this point in history domestication was only just starting and only in the eurasian steppes, most people were still hunting horses as game

the wild precursors of modern horses would have been pony sized, yes. you didn't start getting big modern horses until the industrial revolution and they were specifically bred for height. (remember too that people were also much smaller until very recently!)

330px-Kherson_tarpan.jpg

^ only known photo of a Tarpan, a now extinct wild steppe breed
Actually, no ... they weren't. I was surprised. Toward 3500-3000 BCE they got SMALLER. Not what I expected. Wild horses were larger. The reason they started to get larger later on was breeding them with Wild mares.

Still, with me at 6'7" horses are NOT going to like me much. Greeeaattt ... if we meet I may give rise to the legend of Paul Bunyan riding an Ox.

Sorry I’m going to withdraw my interest in this, my great grandmother just past and I don’t think I’ll be on here much in the next week or so. Sorry for the inconvenience

Sorry I’m going to withdraw my interest in this, my great grandmother just past and I don’t think I’ll be on here much in the next week or so. Sorry for the inconvenience
That's terrible. Sincerely, I send my condolences to you and your family. Grief can be a hard thing, take all the time you need to process and manage it. <3

Gu Wan taking inspiration from Aegon the Conqueror is scary. She'll be rolling into battle on the backs of dragons, with sister-wives in tow.
Hahaha, yes! Conquering the world through fear and incest.

NOT SERIOUS.

Three children destroyed the Mongols. Of course, the Mongols can lay claim to the fact that their FLEAS laid claim to a third of the population of Southwest Asia.

Found a site that advertises the Seven Churches tour I went on in Turkey - though ours was arranged a bit differently - a private charter deal that started from Ankara instead of Istanbul or Izmir.

If ShinGeorgeTownRaja ShinGeorgeTownRaja is still inactive for the next few days, someone needs to take up the shots for this RP. And it's sad if this RP doesn't take into fruition because it is by far one of the unique RPs I've seen for the last 9 years of my roleplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back