• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern New Civilizations 1st Edition OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Ugh, that happened to me about a month ago. I accidentally rebooted my laptop in the middle of an update, killing the bios and frying the drive.
Yeah, same here. I remember a long time ago that, when I was a kid, I used to download a bunch of random stuff on my desktop computer, whether it would be games in general and the like, to the point where it became unfunctional for the worse. Speaking of which, I was even unaware that these programs were carrying viruses. And yet, that habit (though not too common nowadays) still continues to this day. However, I'm trying my best not to download too much of anything on my laptop, but it's a long story. Oh yeah, I got it two Christmases ago, so yeah. lol

Aluminum sucks. It is one of the hardest metals to extract. It can't be smelted like iron. It has to be chemically treated, melted in a chemical that exists in a small supply on Earth ... or which must be made. Making that chemical won't be easy either. It will take 19th century chemistry to extract it - at least.

Direct smelting would take temperatures around 2000 C.

Ah, I see. That sucks, I suppose. lol
Yeah ... one in particular would affect you. Honestly though, I think we should ignore it in your case. Horses. While not "fair", it does make for good reading and that is the point. Besides, who's to say some high school dropout turned ranch hand from the 1960's American Southwest didn't land in Mongolia in 10,000 BCE and change his name to Tengri, introduce them to horses? Then later died in a bad accident, completely unknown to the Mongols.

Added Sabela to my CS post. It is incomplete, but I thought I should post something there. Eventually I am sure it will read "deceased."

LOL ... at the rate I am going, Jon is going to find himself chained to a rock for wild animals to come and eat his entrails.

Edit: Waitaminut ... that sounds familiar.

So ... should I keep going and catch up to Jesiah's timeframe? Or give some of you a chance to catch up?

Never went past Civ V. Not a big fan of Steam.

I think if I ever do an RP like this, I will NOT try to recreate myself - not unless it is a 1x1 or something.

Never went past Civ V. Not a big fan of Steam.

I think if I ever do an RP like this, I will NOT try to recreate myself - not unless it is a 1x1 or something.
I mean, I was playing Civ VI on the PS4, not Steam, so yeah, that's an exception, I guess. I used to play it once on Steam, though. Have you played Humankind? lol

I mean, I was playing Civ VI on the PS4, not Steam, so yeah, that's an exception, I guess. I used to play it once on Steam, though. Have you played Humankind? lol
Nah, I have been living on my laptop with a mobile hotspot for years. 64 bit encryption kills bandwidth.

i was hoping to get a post up tonight however it is turning out to be much longer than originally anticipated, and also i accidentally binge watched like 3 defunctland videos in a row this evening, so post tomorrow instead.

I just won another Civ VI match, this time as Rome. It was a religious victory. But to be honest, it was fairly easy, probably great for people new to the Civilization games, in my opinion. By the way, I found this obscure MMORPG called Civilization Online. I'm very surprised this game has existed as it has been defunct, since 2016, which is unfortunate because it seems like it has so much potential to be successful with the South Korean (and Chinese/Taiwanese?) Civilization community, but nope, I guess it went downhill from there because the game was lacking in popularity and players. Perhaps you heard about this game before? It was a shocking discovery, really. I'll put the link to the website and a link to the gameplay on YouTube. Mitheral Mitheral

Users who are viewing this thread

Back