• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern New Civilizations 1st Edition OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Finally posted mine, folks! I added Attila the Hun and Genghis Khan as my character's main inspirations on the character sheet because I think these might fit Eddy better. Also, I spelled Zalantun wrong when I was working on my draft. Obviously, it's been fixed and regarded now. lol

So, I recently played the tutorial for Civilization VI and it was extremely easy as you would expect from a tutorial. However, I wanted to refresh my mind, considering that I haven't played the game for a while. Because back then, I struggled with it. lol

I used to play Civ V. I also used to play Empire Earth. The latter I once played with my wife. Yeeeaaahhh ... that went well. She never played me again.

I used to play Civ V. I also used to play Empire Earth. The latter I once played with my wife. Yeeeaaahhh ... that went well. She never played me again.
Do you play Civ VI on the PC or console? I got the game for Christmas and it's a PS4 one. I used to play Civ VI on the PC via Steam but it was lagging like crazy (because, you know, performance issues) because my laptop is a low-end one. Quite obviously, playing the game on the PS4 handles the performance very well.

V not VI and it was on PC. I had a state of the art gaming laptop. Still lagged because of my ISP.

For those wondering how long it takes to make a stone ace from scratch - assuming you know what you are doing: (I do; and I can tell you that it isn’t fast.). Figure a good week and a half. Jonathan will do it a little faster, but only because he’ll have a little help and he is exceedingly healthy. Wanna hear him curse? Break his axe head. Yep, that’ll do it. You will learn first hand about that old phrase: bury the hatchet.

For those wondering how long it takes to make a stone ace from scratch - assuming you know what you are doing: (I do; and I can tell you that it isn’t fast.). Figure a good week and a half. Jonathan will do it a little faster, but only because he’ll have a little help and he is exceedingly healthy. Wanna hear him curse? Break his axe head. Yep, that’ll do it. You will learn first hand about that old phrase: bury the hatchet.
Is that supposed to be a joke or... lol

Is that supposed to be a joke or... lol
Pretty much ... I did this once when I was 13 ish. But we did cheat a little for part of the work. I suspect the teachers didn't think they could get a class of 25-30 to complete the axe if it took that long. LOL, however, I was the only one to actually complete it anyways - without breaking it. Yes, everyone hated me. Got me nicknamed Captain Caveman for a little while though.

Pretty much ... I did this once when I was 13 ish. But we did cheat a little for part of the work. I suspect the teachers didn't think they could get a class of 25-30 to complete the axe if it took that long. LOL, however, I was the only one to actually complete it anyways - without breaking it. Yes, everyone hated me. Got me nicknamed Captain Caveman for a little while though.
Oh, wow, I see! lol

Most of them broke the cobble (axe head) right where the groove are to attach the handle. Real easy to do. I could HEAR a good cobble. You can hear a difference in the sound when you tap on it with another rock. A dull sound means there is likely a flaw / crack that will break while you are working with it. Or they get in a rush and try to go too fast.

Rysesaka Rysesaka My favorite Chem professor was from Zimbabwe. I was the only person on campus - student or faculty who pronounced his name right. Everyone else called him Dr M or Huggy, some nickname. Me? I practiced pronouncing it until I got it right. Never one to take shortcuts.

He taught Analytic Chem (I got the award for that my senior year.) He also taught Microqualitative (for Freshman year). I was his lab assistant of choice. Basically a course in testing for metal cations in aqueous medium. I was the only student to memorize every reaction and test backwards and forwards.

I still remember a student bringing me a test tube and asking me if the sample contained Molybdenum. I smiled and got the class' attention and made the question public. I explained that the reaction was kinetically dependent on thermal energy - heat. All it took to speed it up a little was the smallest bit of heat if they were impatient. I then had the student rub their hands together handed him the test tube and waved my hands over him and said Abracadabra.

I then had him show everyone the bright yellow precipitate. I leaned over his textbook and read, "A yellow precipitate indicates the presence of molybdenum." Got a laugh.

Rysesaka Rysesaka My favorite Chem professor was from Zimbabwe. I was the only person on campus - student or faculty who pronounced his name right. Everyone else called him Dr M or Huggy, some nickname. Me? I practiced pronouncing it until I got it right. Never one to take shortcuts.

He taught Analytic Chem (I got the award for that my senior year.) He also taught Microqualitative (for Freshman year). I was his lab assistant of choice. Basically a course in testing for metal cations in aqueous medium. I was the only student to memorize every reaction and test backwards and forwards.

I still remember a student bringing me a test tube and asking me if the sample contained Molybdenum. I smiled and got the class' attention and made the question public. I explained that the reaction was kinetically dependent on thermal energy - heat. All it took to speed it up a little was the smallest bit of heat if they were impatient. I then had the student rub their hands together handed him the test tube and waved my hands over him and said Abracadabra.

I then had him show everyone the bright yellow precipitate. I leaned over his textbook and read, "A yellow precipitate indicates the presence of molybdenum." Got a laugh.

I posted, let me know if it's too short or not. I would have written more but I was a bit busy, so, expect a potentially longer post with more sustenance soon!

You know, I don't know if your story is true or you're just making a good bullshit in a positive way. Lol

You know, I don't know if your story is true or you're just making a good bullshit in a positive way. Lol
True. Dr Huggins Msminga. I was both Freshman Chem student of the year 1989-90 and Analytic Chem SoY 1994. My freshman year I overloaded with 20 semester hours per semester. 12 was a full load. Read about 140 pp a night. Had a GPA of 4.0 at the end of that year. In Chemistry I had a perfect year. 100% plus any extra credit. I worked as Math or Chem lab assistant and tutor from day one. Math lab I started as a volunteer, not knowing I could get paid for it. The lab coordinator saw me help a student two other tutors gave up on and asked me if I worked there. Lol, SHE knew I didn’t. Then she asked me if I’d like to get paid for it.

True. Dr Huggins Msminga. I was both Freshman Chem student of the year 1989-90 and Analytic Chem SoY 1994. My freshman year I overloaded with 20 semester hours per semester. 12 was a full load. Read about 140 pp a night. Had a GPA of 4.0 at the end of that year. In Chemistry I had a perfect year. 100% plus any extra credit. I worked as Math or Chem lab assistant and tutor from day one. Math lab I started as a volunteer, not knowing I could get paid for it. The lab coordinator saw me help a student two other tutors gave up on and asked me if I worked there. Lol, SHE knew I didn’t. Then she asked me if I’d like to get paid for it.
Oh. Props to you sir. I'm an upcoming senior Political Science student specializing in international relations and foreign service, so I'm pretty much a young guy, lol. May I ask if you ever have participated in a science research project like Project Manhattan-like (either confidential or not) orchestrated by your country's government?

Oh. Props to you sir. I'm an upcoming senior Political Science student specializing in international relations and foreign service, so I'm pretty much a young guy, lol. May I ask if you ever have participated in a science research project like Project Manhattan-like (either confidential or not) orchestrated by your country's government?
Regrettably no. In 1993 I met a lady and allowed that to be a distraction that probably cost me taking the top spots in Inorganic and P Chem. It also is the reason for the job I list for Jon in 1995. I cut my character off there because otherwise I would have violated that Rule 6 completely. Experience by necessity.

I do have some classified experiences that I can’t discuss. I guess the closest thing I can say there that would mean something, would be that among my work, I gathered intel for Project Red Flag. Yes, as in Top Gun.

By chance are you German? Just wondering if that affected your choice of starting location. I spent 3.5 years in Berlin before the Wall came down. And I am half German.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back