• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern New Beginnings

-4 months-
Clay groaned some, rolling out of bed and trying to take a few steps towards the bathroom. He'd been getting better and the seizures were less frequent until three weeks ago when he started having a minimum of three a day and by this point he could do no more than spend his time in bed and on the couch, always sick, exhausted and in pain with how much he was thrashing around. Today, however, was meant to be a good day. It was Greyson's first birthday party and he wanted to be able to be downstairs and joining in as much as possible so he was trying his best to even make it to the restroom to relieve himself.

Carmen woke up already exhausted, sighing some as she looked at the time, listening out for the kids but quietly got up, wanting to have at least a few minutes peace and quiet before the chaos began. Things had been going really well for them as a family, even after Pedro started travelling for the new job. Until one morning it seemed the twins woke up and had decided they hated her, choosing to make her life a living hell for the past month. It was bad enough that they were being nasty to her and all round disrespectful but they were getting Abby to misbehave as well and it was starting to really take it's toll. She got herself ready before heading down to get breakfast sorted "Hey kids, you gotta be ready for 9:30 okay? Remember we have Greyson's birthday party today." She reminded them.

Max sat downstairs setting up everything for the birthday party smiling happily at Greyson watched her. It wasn't a lot since they knew he would never remember it but she still wanted a few decorations up. The past four months had been a struggle for her to say the least. Jensen had decided he wanted to start harrassing her to try and get her back and it was driving her insane, plus the added stress of Clayton's seizures starting to come back was not great either. She just hoped that today could go well and they could all have a nice time to celebrate their son.

Talia frowned as she saw Carmen come down and rolled her eyes some "Why do we have to go? We barely know that baby." She said crossing her arms some. Her and José had been missing their father terribly lately since he left them for filming. They also realized that even though they loved Carmen they still couldn't handle her as their mother fully yet. With Pedro there it provided a buffer for them, but now with it just being Carmen things just felt different and they didn't like it.

Carmen sighed a little, lifting Abby into her high chair to get her fed her breakfast. “Waffles on the table... we’re going because there’s gonna be pizza and it’s nice to get out the house and see people. We’re gonna go ride after as well. Won’t be there long. I’m not leaving you home alone. That’s not allowed.” She told them both, feeding Abby then got her ready to go.

Clay made his way downstairs carefully and wandered into the kitchen, finding Nico and Greyson botheating because Nico had stayed the night and he shuffled over to max slipping his arms around her waist. “Mmm morning.” He mumbled, kissing her head. “Can you do some arnica on my back please?” He asked her quietly.

José sighed heavily and frowned more "But I don't want to ride! I want to go to my friend's house! He invited me over and you're making me go to this dumb party." He whined while getting his waffles.

Max smiled softly as she felt Clay's arms wrap around her "Morning handsome, I can definitely do that for you." She murmured kissing his cheek gently "You sure you're okay with having the party? We can cancel if you want." She said softly

Carmen frowned shaking her head. “Which friend. I can call their mom if you like and double check.” She compromised, shaking her head when he wouldn’t say. “Then you’re not going. After riding we can go do something you like José.” She promised, getting some coffee down her and spent the next hour getting everyone ready to go before piling them all into the car. “We’ll call your dad later as well okay?”

he nodded. “I’m good. Stop worrying. I’m just tired.” He promised her quietly. He could push through for just one day and then he would need to rest tomorrow. But this was important. “Nico you can have one glass of soda okay buddy? One. I’m not having you bouncing off the walls then you’re gonna clean your teeth real good tonight you got me?”

José frowned more and gave a heavy sigh eating his food quietly "Okay..." he mumbled before he ran upstairs to get dressed for the day. When they sat in the car on their way to the party he and Talia complained the entire time about not wanting to go and once they finally got there they were still being brats.

Max smiled some and kissed him gently "Alright alright. I'm gonna go get boys dressed okay?" She murmured before she went upstairs with them. As the day progressed everyone had finally arrived and she was more than happy to see Carmen there after so long "Carmen! Oh man is it good to see you." She said happily

Carmen smiled, carrying Abby around on her hip "Hey! God he's got so big! Is it weird that he kinda looks like Clay? How's he doing?" She asked her, grabbing a couple plates for the kids to have some pizza, calling for them to come get it "Here, eat this, we can have the cake pieces later okay?" She told them both gently, sighing shen they both complained again.

Clay was sat on a deck chair with Nico perched on the edge while Greyson bounced on his lap in a party hat "Do you remember what you got your brother for his birthday?" He asked his eldest, kissing his head. This was his happy place, with his boys, relaxing at home but he smiled over at Max, seeing her holding Abby for a minute "You think you'd like a little sister Nico?"

Max smiled widely and gave a small nod "Oh and look at Abby! She is so big too!" She said happily before she reached out to hold the little girl "Clay is as good as he can be right now, right now he has been having it rough but it'll be okay." She explained softly smiling more as he saw the kids "How are they? How is Pedro?"

Talia frowned some seeing all they had gotten was plain cheese pizza for the kids "But we like pepperoni!" She whined before stomping off with José

Nico smiled happily as he sat on his dad's lap munching on his pizza. He was more than content being there for as long as he could be these days "A sister? But girls a icky!" He said giving a small laugh before he took a small sip of his drink to make sure his soda lasted "But then I get to be the big brother and protect her right? Like you protect mommy and Max?"

Carmen sighed quietly and got her own couple of slices to go swap with the kids in a second. “They’re uh... adjusting. Pedge gets home in a couple weeks for a bit so hopefully they’ll settle then.” She mumbled. “Excuse me while I make a swap with them.” She told her, taking Abby back and carried her over to the twins. “Here. One pepperoni slice each okay? I’ll have your cheese slices.” She told them

Clay smiled some. “Girls aren’t icky silly. Is your mom icky? What about max? And how about that friend of yours? Is it Lily? And if you had a little sist- Oh hey babe, I was just telling Nico I think we should give him and Greyson a little sister." He smiled as she sat in the chair next to them to eat "You okay? You look worried."

Talia frowned more at her and sighed heavily "Wow thanks..." she muttered before she started to eat and frowned a bit as Nico came in trying to play with them "I'm eating right now, I will play later." She told him rudely before she kept eating

Max gave a small nod and let her take Abby from her. She frowned when she heard her phone go off and went a bit wide eyed rejecting it immediately before making her way out to the boys "Hey babe." She said softly before Nico ran off inside "Yeah I'm okay, just hoping everything goes well." She said happily

Clay frowned some and just rubbed her back. “I’m sure it will.” He murmured. “Your mom wants to do presents in a minute. I’m gonna go lay down though.... promise I’ll help clean up.” He told her, pulling her a bit closer and pecking her lips, passing Greyson to her and got up carefully to go inside and lay down in bed, not feeling so good right now.

Carmen sighed heavily and shook her head some “Watch your tone young lady. You’re a guest here.” She told her. Both the kids continued to act up all day as well as Abby and by the end of the evening she was exhausted and and worn down so once they were all finally in bed and Pedro rang her all she could do was start crying down the line to him.

Max took Greyson from him and gave a small nod "Alright babe, just let me know if you need anything okay?" She murmured kissing his cheek and letting him go. When he woke up it was already dinner time and Max was finishing up "Hey handsome you sleep good?" She asked

Pedro smiled happily when he called Carmen just wanting to hear her voice after a long day of filming "Hey beautiful." He said softly frowning when he heard her crying down the line "Babe whats wrong?" He asked worriedly sitting up straighter in his hotel room bed.

Clay had woken up, sweating buckets and made his way down carefully, somewhat glad that the kids were both in bed by now so that Nico wouldn't get scared again "I don't.... I don't feel so good." He told her quietly, half sitting, half falling to the kitchen floor, sticking his head between his knees and trying to breathe steady, struggling to see straight.

She was just trying to calm down, eventually managing and swallowed back tears "I can't keep doing this Pedge... The kids have been so horrible." She whimpered. She hadn't wanted to tell him at all but after their constant poking at her she had been worn down. "I took them to Greyson's party today so we could see her and Clay and the kids. They were yelling at me cause they wanted the adults pizza. I gave them mine and took the kids slices but Talia was rude to Nico. We went to the yard so Talia could get some practice in for the competition next week.. I had to stand outside the arena cause she just kept trying to run me over or smack me with her whip. Jose wanted ice cream so we went to Cold Stone and he threw mine on the floor... That's just today." She whimpered "I love them but I can't keep doing this." she sobbed to him.

Max frowned and sat next to him wrapping her arms around him "Its gonna be okay baby okay? Come lay on the couch so you have somewhere soft to be if something happens." She said softly helping him to the living room to lay on the couch with his head in her lap "You had to go lay down I didn't get to give you your present." She said softly trying to calm him down.

Pedro listened to her and frowned taking a deep breath "Take deep breaths babe okay? I'll get this handled. You just do your best to relax for the rest of the night." He said quietly trying to not let his anger show through his voice. He knew his children knew better and the fact they thought it was okay to act that way to Carmen made him even more furious about it all.

She frowned, just listening to him, "Your sister said she would have them for a couple days and I wasn't going to but I think I'm gonna have to... How was your filming today?" She asked him quietly, wiping at her eyes.

He frowned some, laying with her and just tried to keep breathing normally but he had gone quiet and he wasn't responding to her for a good few minutes, wheezing badly until he started seizing violently, his lips starting to go blue from the lack of oxygen

Pedro frowned more and gave a heavy sigh nodding some "Ask her to take them for tomorrow and the day after okay? My day was good, I actually finished a bit early so I might get some vacation here soon." He murmured to her hoping that might brighten her mood a bit to know he would be coming home sooner than planned.

Max frowned when he didn't respond and kept calm as he slipped into his seizure. She went wide eyed though seeing how his lips were turning and quickly called 911 for help on what she needed to do.

“That would be good. The kids all miss you obviously... I’ve missed you. I’ve run out of T-shirt’s that smell like you.” She smiled tiredly. “You going out with the boys tonight or staying in?” She asked him.

He eventually came out of it but by that point he’d stopped breathing and the ambulance still hadn’t arrived

Pedro gave a small smile and sighed softly "I'm staying in, long day." He murmured before he pulled the phone from his ear and requested a face time with her. He smiled widely seeing her face pop and sighed happily "Sorry I just wanted to see you."

Max whimpered and quickly started CPR when he got out of it. She kept at it for another 10 minutes before she opened the door to let the paramedics in.

Carmen smiled tiredly, running a hand through her hair. “That’s a beautiful angle handsome.” She teased him gently. “Well who’s gonna look after Taron then?” She smiled some knowing he’d become good friends and like an older brother to his co star. “You almost look more tired than me.” She told him.

He still wasn’t responding and they gave it another few minutes, about to call time, before he finally started breathing again and they were quick to try and get him loaded and taken down to the hospital to keep an eye on him.

Pedro chuckled a bit and smiled more at her "Oh no he is in bed tonight, had too much party time last night." He murmured sighing some "I am very tired but this is movie is going to be good." He murmured happily to her "I think you'll love this character."

Max whimpered and quickly called Reese to hopefully watch the kids since her mother was by now asleep and wouldn't be reached.

Reese frowned some when she listened to what max was saying. “It’s alright. I’ll go down and see Clay. You stay with the kids.” She told her and hung up before max had a chance to protest.

Carmen smiled tiredly. “Oh yeah? I’ve definitely been enjoying the voice... baby I can’t keep my eyes open. I’m gonna go to sleep alright? I love you.” She told him quietly. “Can’t wait to have you home.”

Max frowned more shaking her head about to protest before she hung up. She tried calling her back multiple times but got no answer and soom enough she was trying to find someone else but it was too late.

Pedro chuckled softly and gave a small nod "Alright babe, I don't have much longer in me either. I love you too and I'll see you soon okay?" He murmured blowing her a kiss before saying one last goodbye and hanging up

Her phone was ringing at around 7am by which point Greyson had been up for a couple hours and Nico was starting to wake up but it was the hospital calling her. ‘Hello? Mrs Cardenas? I’m just calling about your husband, he was brought in last night after a seizure that led to a cardiac arrest... we need you to come in to see him as soon as possible ma’am. There are things that need to be discussed that can’t be said over the phone.” She told her.

Carmen was up and making cereal for breakfast for everyone when the kids came down. “Get your bags packed for an overnight sleepover. You’re gonna go stay with your aunt Javiera okay? She’s gonna come pick you up at 10.” She told them both shaking her head when they started whining. “I’m not having that right now José.” She told him firmly.

Max answered her phone and listened to the nurse giving a heavy sigh "Yes m'am I will be there very soon." She said softly before hanging up and finishing feeding Greyson smiling as Nico came down "Hey sweetheart, my mom is coming to watch you two okay? I gotta go see daddy, don't worry okay? He is okay." She explained to him seeing the worried look on the young boys face. Once her mother had arrived she quickly rushed to the hospital and asked for his room glaring at Teresa who was laying with him "How is he?" She spat furious with the stunt she had pulled last night

José whined when being told he would be going to his Aunt's house "No! I don't want to go!" He yelled before throwing his spoon towards her head barely missing her "I hate you!" He screamed before running upstairs trying to barricade himself in his room

Carmen grit her teeth and went up there "José! You do not throw things! You know better than that!" She told him fuming. "Your cousins want to see you and it's already been agreed so it's final." She told him seriously, "Do not make me take your bedroom door away." She warned him.

She sat up but made no move to get off the bed "He had a heart attack last night. All the drug abuse catching up with him." She frowned, smoothing his hair away from his face. "They're worried about brain damage." She muttered "You should have brought him in last week after he had those two big ones." She spat back at Max, glaring at her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back