• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern New Beginnings

Max frowned softly and gave a small nod to him sighing heavily "They want to sedate you baby....to help you heal." She whispered kissing him gently just wishing this would end.

José smiled wide as they got into the car with them "The lions mommy! You know they are my favorite." He said happily getting excited "I can't wait to show them to Abby."

He frowned some shaking his head, trying to stop himself from crying. By this point he was just scared. "If they... make... me sleep... I'm not... gonna... gonna wake up." He wheezed out to her, gripping at her hand desperately.

Carmen smiled, glancing back at them "Oh yeah? What do you think her favorite is gonna be?" She asked him, "I think your Dad would like to see some elephants but they don't have them at the zoo." She told him, "And I wanna see the wolves." She turned back to face the front, just leaning back in her seat, wrapping her hoodie around her tighter.

Max let a few tears fall as she watched him and took a shaky breath as she squeezed his hand "Alright, then you stay awake if its what you want." She whispered before kissing him again trying her best to hold back a sob.

José smiled happily and shrugged some "I think she will like the Tiger's, she always growls like one." He said laughing some nodded happily "Oh I look the wolves too! They're so cool." He said happily but frowned some "Can we see the flamingos too? Those were Talia's favorite." He said quietly looking at the ground some. He missed his twin dearly and it was weighing heavily on him that she wasn't there anymore.

He was in and out of consciousness for the rest of the day and through the night after she’d had to leave, her mom staying the night so she could get some sleep that night. The whole house was woken up to the phone ringing at 4am.

She smiled some “you wanna FaceTime her see if she wants to see them?” She asked him. They’d offered for her to come home on the weekends but she hadn’t wanted to. At least when she spoke to José she was in a good mood on FaceTime. It was clear she was enjoying the school at least.

Max woke up when she heard her phone going off and quickly answered "Hello?" She said quickly down the line. She had been on edge since Clay had started his stay there and was always up for any phone calls she might receive.

José perked up and smiled wide giving a nod "Yeah! And maybe then she will miss us and come home!" He said excitedly while they pulled into the zoo's parking lot

“Mrs. Cardenas? I’m calling from Lincoln memorial, we need you to come down as soon as possible. Your husband has had another heart attack and it’s looking very serious right now.” She told her as gently as possible.

Carmen gave pedros hand a squeeze as they listened to José. “Maybe bub.” She murmured gently, getting out with everyone once they parked and she got Abby into the buggy, walking next to Pedro while José demanded to be carried around on his dads shoulders.

Max frowned and quickly threw on her shoes before she rushed out of the house "I'm on my way." She explained before getting in the car and hanging up the phone. She rushed into the hospital in just her pajama pants and a tank top running to Clay's room "I'm his wife pleasw let me in!" She begged the nurse

Pedro took a deep breath as he got out and squeezed her hand gently trying to keep a positive attitude for the kids. Even if hearing how much José missed his sister shattered his heart.

She frowned looking over and nodded. “We’re keeping him comfortable as we can but there’s not anything more that can be done for him.... the next 24 hours are crucial and I’m afraid it’s looking quite likely that you’ll need to start making preparations.” She explained to her, leaving her to privacy with her husband for now while he lay there half conscious and staring blankly at the wall in front of him, not even recognising max when she walked in.

Carmen smiled a kittle and walked in with them, making her way round with Jose leading the way the whole time until they got to the flamingos and Talia refused to answer his FaceTime call, sighing a little and gave Pedros arm a squeeze reassuringly “José bub you wanna go get some lunch?” She asked him, “maybe afterwards if we come back here she’ll pick up?” She suggested just wanting to avoid him getting too upset.

Max could barely get a thank you out as the nurse walked away and she made her way inside. She went to lay with him and cried softly keeping him close "Its okay Clay...we'll be okay." She said through her quiet sobs

Pedro frowned when he saw José's face and gave a heavy sigh "I bet she is just having lunch probably. We'll come back and show her okay?" He murmured before he held his hand and they went on to find some lunch once Abby became fussy

He moved eventually and reached for her hand, giving it a weak squeeze, resting against her and slipping in and out until it got to be late morning, just laying there staring at her while his nurse checked on him again 'his breathing is starting to slow.' She told Max, making a few notes on his chart before leaving them to privcy again.

Throughout the day she noticed Pedro becoming more grouchy and by the time they got to bed that evening he was barely speaking to her, even noticing he'd fallen asleep turned away but when he was still in a sour mood by the next day at 11 she'd had enough "José you ready to go over to Connor's house?" She asked him, helping him get his bag together for having a sleepover with his friend, ready to have time to have a serious talk with Pedro

Max layed with him the entire time kissing him here and there and murmuring just how much she loved him. She thanked the nurse and moved up a bit to look at him while he squeezed her hand "Hey baby. I'm here, I'm not leaving you I promise." She whispered

Pedro bacame more upsrt as the day progressed at the zoo. He was upset Talia didn't answer and was upset that both his children were unhappy all because of him. It put him into a foul mood and he didn't want speak to anyone at the moment not just Carmen. When he heard her come back after dropping off José he sipped at his coffee and grunted a reply as a hello.

She sighed quietly, shaking her head some. “Don’t forget appointment is at one. To see the baby.” She reminded him, going to get Abby in her buggy and get Edgars leash on to take him for a walk “you wanna come with us now?” She asked.

He stayed leaned up against herfor a little while until one of the doctors came into the room to keep a close eye on him, checking on him every ten minutes or so until she made one final check and stood up. “He’s gone ma’am.” She told her and left her to privacy for a little while so she could say goodbye.

Pedro gave a heavy sigh and nodded some getting his shoes on before he left with them. He held Edgar's leash in one hand and Carmen's in the other taking in the nice day "Am I a terrible father?" He asked quietly

Max stayed by his side the entire time. She felt his heart slow and his breathing stop before the doctor even said anything. She cried quietly and held him close not wanting to say goodbye even though she knew she had to. Once they came to take him she stepped outside to call Teresa before she sighed all of his paperwork

carmen sighed quietly, looking up at him and shook her head. “No. You’re not. A terrible father would have let her get away with everything and not cared what she was doing.” She explained to him, “you love your kids. But you are their father not their friend.... honey they’re not supposed to always like you.” She pointed out. “Look as far as we know, this is what she wants now. She’s really enjoying this school.” She told him. “Things will work out I promise.” She smiled.

Greyson was excited when his mom got home and reached for her happily, completely unaware that Clay wasn’t there anymore but he was too young to understand anyway

-4 years-

Max stood outside of Greyson's daycare smiling softly as she waited for him to be released. These past 4 years had been rough on them. After Clay passed they had to sell the house to just try and afford anything. She had moved in with her mom at first but now she had a small town home for the two of them. She had a good job at a studio now and they were super flexible with her time so that she had time for Greyson. She saw Nico every now and again as well but Teresa was very strict on it. Finally though after all this time she felt like she was in a good place. She hadn't dated since Clay's death but she was now ready to open up to the possibility.

Pedro stood outside of Talia's boarding school waiting for her to come out with her bags so that he could finally take her home. After her first semester there he realized she was thriving and let her stay for the rest of her schooling. Since she was done with her elementary years now,she would be coming back home to start middle school. It had definitely been a rocky road but their relationship was finally on the mend and so was her and Carmen's as well. He smiled wide and hugged her tight as she ran over to him sighing happily "Oh its so good to see you ." He said softly to her before he led her to the car

Carmen was getting things set up at home for Talia to get back. They'd planned for a barbecue and she was getting the salads done and the table set so all Pedro would have to do is chuck the meat on the grill. "José can you get Edgar fed please?" She asked him, smiling a little as Abby ran through the kitchen with their youngest trailing along behind, "Charlie, come here kiddo." She called to him, reaching down to pick him up when he got over to her, holding him on her hip "You gonna try some cucumber for me?" She asked him. It had been a rough ride with him from almost the moment she'd found out she was pregnant. She'd almost lost him at one point and then on top of it he'd been born slmost two and a half months early, they'd encountered problem after problem with his health but he was her baby boy and she wouldn't trade him for the world "You excited to see your big sister?" she cooed to him, looking up as the front door opened and Pedro came through with Talia.

Ubbe was waiting just outside the gates, sat down on the arm of a bench out there, chewing on his nails and just waiting for them to let him pick up his son, just wanting to get him home and make sure he'd made it through his day alright. He'd lost his wife shortly after Alfie had been born and he'd been raising his son solo since then. He stood as he saw the door open and the kids come spilling out looking around for their parents and he smiled when his son finally spotted him and ran over, "Hey buddy, er du klar til å reise hjem? Vi har mac og ost til middag." He smiled as he nodded and he went to pick him up until Alfie protested "What's wrong?" He frowned, feeling Alfie tug him over towards another little boy who was standing with his mom, "This a friend of yours Alfie?" He asked him.

Charlie ran behind his elder sister squealing loudly at her. When he saw his mother though he quickly rushed in her direction "Mommy!" He said happily as she picked him up. He frowned and made a face at the cucumber shaking his head "Icky." He mumbled before wrapping his arms around her neck.

Pedro smiled widely when he got home seeing they had the welcome home sign already put up and José was waiting by the door. His heart warmed as both twins hugged eachother tightly before making their way to the kitchen to greet everyone else. He followed close behind and smiled wide at Carmen giving her a kiss before ruffling Charlie's hair "How is everything?"

Alfie ran out to his father after daycare and smiled wide at him excited to tell him about the new friend he had made. He quickly tugged on his arm "Come daddy! Come meet my friend!" He said excited before they walked over to Greyson who now stood with his mother "Daddy this is Greyson! He my best friend!"

Max smiled widely at Greyson ran over to her and hugged her tight "Oh hello my sweet boy, did you have a good day?" She asked but before he could answer another little boy was at their side with his father. She looked at the man and smiled some, his striking blue eyes catching her attention instantly "Oh hello there." She said softly smiling more when she heard what his son had said

Carmen smiled and set him down, letting him go see Talia and she slipped her arms around Pedros waist. “Mmm.... bbqs ready for the meat.” She murmured, pecking his lips. “You happy baby?” She asked him quietly, swaying quietly with him.

Ubbe smiled some, letting Alfie drag himround. “Hi, so you must be greysons Mom.” He smiled. “Nice to meet you.” He told her, his accent coming out a bit more than usual. “This is my son Alfie. I hear they’re very good friends at school.” He glanced down at the boys who had started talking already. “I’ve gotta get home but I’d be more than happy to set up a play date for them.” He told her, lifting his son up. “Coke on kiddo. Home time.”

Pedro wrapped his arms around her and smiled happily see Talia hug Charilie and Abby both "Yeah....we're a full family again." He said quietly before kissing her lovingly and grabbing the meat to go start cooking

Max smiled wide at the man and gave a nod noting his accent immediately. She could definitely see him making ladied swoon wherever he went "Yes I am, I've heard so much about your son." She said happily before taking Greyson's hand in hers "I think that could be great for them,maybe we can talk tomorrow before pick up?" She said before he agreed and went off. She took Greyson home and smiled softly "Alfie seems very nice sweetie."

She followed him out to the back yard, sitting on the edge of the chair near the bbq, cracking open a soda and leaned back. “You home all summer?” She asked him hopefully. She loved their blended family but four kids on her own over the summer would be hard, “Max should be here in a little bit with Greyson, and your sister is running late.” She told him.

Greyson yawned big and nodded. “Mommy what’s for dinner?” He asked her,cuddling into her side while she got him freshended up to go back out to his aunts carmen’s. “Alfie’s really fun. And he’s like me. He only got one dad. He doesn’t have a mommy.” He told her

Pedro gave a small nod and smiled more "Well the exception of a few interviews here and there." He said happily to her as he continued to cook rolling his eyes at the mention of his sister "As always with her." He teased

Max smiled as she listened to him and got him cleaned up for the bbq "Oh yeah? Well thats okay, there is nothing wrong with having just one parent." She said sweetly to him before giving him a kiss on the cheek "Well maybe we can set up a play date for you Alfie."

She smiled some, leaning back some until she heard screaming from the kids and she jumped up to go check on them, coming back a few minutes later carrying a sniffling Abby. “So someone ran into the kitchen island, and she’s knocked a tooth out.” She told Pedro, suppressing a smile. “But she’s very upset because she accidentally swallowed it and she thinks the tooth fairy won’t come now.”

He nodded and sat on her bed waiting for her to be ready, cuddling one of her pilllws. “Mommy where’s my daddy?” He asked her. He asked onice every few months or so but since starting school it has become a bit more frequent. He didn’t know about Jensen at all and all the photos he’d seen were of Clay and his mom but he was too young to remember.

Max gave a heavy sigh as she fixed up her hair while he asked his questions "He is in Heaven baby, he passed away." She said softly to him. She always made sure he knew about Clay and how good of a father he was. She never told him about Jensen though and thankfully he no longer tried to mess with her.

Pedro smiled softly at her and flipped some of the burgers "Well when you poop it out we can get it and give it to the tooth fairy." He said before busting out laughing at the terrified look on her face "Oh Abby I'm only kidding I promise. The tooth fairy will come, I'm sure of it."

He frowned "What happened?" He asked her curiously, reaching to be picked up once she was done getting ready. "Mommy I need to pee." He told her after they had left the house.

Carmen rolled her eyes, "We'll put a note under your pillow and let the tooth fairy know about your tooth and she'll still give you money." She told her, letting her go play with the others once she calmed down "They're going to be scarred for life if you're not careful." She winked at Pedro, standing up and slipping her arms around him tightly "Although if you're a good boy, you can leave some marks on me tonight." She winked at him.

Max frowned some and gave a heavy sigh "Well he got very sick baby, and something it can make you go to heaven." She explained while carrying him to the car. She gave a heavy sigh when he asked to pee almost halfway there "Okay hold on baby." She murmured taking him into the nearest little store and quickly took him inside to do his business.

Pedro chuckled watching her run off once Carmen got her calmed down "Mmm don't tease." He whispered kissing her cheek gently before he finished up the rest of the food

Users who are viewing this thread

Back