• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
yeahh every GM in my group has homebrewed it out of the game at this point, way too strong. we even tried nerfing it to a 50% and even 25% chance to auto kill and still too good
Well fortunately in this story there is no autokill. Even taking a persons head off may not be fatal to certain individuals.

Sorry for the delay guys life has gotten hectic recently and my schedule has been packed. I haven’t forgotten and will still be getting us off the ground soon.

Heh, I play 5e. I gave one if my players, the mage, a vorpal hoe. Improvised strength based weapon, deals 1d2 damage plus strength if it hits (they have 0 strength). It was funny to watch them get excited over having a 'vorpal' something and then never using it.

you know, when i first read about Alicia's vorpal sword, i was a little concerned, given the only frame of reference i have for that word is the pathfinder/dnd3.5 which is an enhancement that simply kills upon landing a crit
Oh, also, since your only frame of reference for it is d and d, the reason I gave it to Alicia is because the sake author that wrote Alice in Wonderland also wrote the poem in which the vorpal sword is first mentioned! It's from this poem that d and d got the sword!

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

“Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!”

He took his vorpal sword in hand;
Long time the manxome foe he sought—
So rested he by the Tumtum tree
And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.

“And hast thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!”
He chortled in his joy.

’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

It's a lovely little nonsense filled poem by Lewis Carroll

I finally finished my characters. Let me know if anything needs fixing or changing.
K.O.D K.O.D
Nothing I see does. In fact Cindy may well have just solidified herself as one of the most plot relevant characters in the entire story. I’ll message you soon with premonition details and other important things that may work in her favor.

also I may have a very epic and important quest for Honeybell

Meanwhile Lilith is only relevant thanks to being close with Sogen
For now. Everyone needs and introduction. After all Sogen only promised he wouldn’t interfere with Terror. That doesn’t mean he cannot ask someone else to do so.

So we should be writing up introduction posts about being asked to help sogen? Or just who sogen mentioned in his post.

In other news there is a pretty awesome species native to the Endrealm that has yet to go extinct. They are called the Karion You will likely meet a lot of them and they are pretty horrible and pretty well known…an image and description are included below but you have been warned.

The dead in the end realm rarely stay that way if they are not promptly burned, burial does not exist in this realm due to one creature alone.
891B2A01-ECCE-4F20-A05F-9E85F32643B2.jpeg
A Carrion is a horrid insect species that is native to the end and has plagued those that dwell here forever. Every single populated area must come up with a way to deal with these creatures lest they all die.

It hatches from eggs implanted into the corpse and it’s first stage of life is the
Karion snap worm stage seen above. These worms feed on the body while simultaneously fusing themselves to the nervous system. Throughout the process they will reanimate the infested target bringing them back to life so as to extend their meal as long as possible. If the host dies prematurely the Snap worms will attempt to burrow into other nearby bodies and continue their life cycle but if no body can be found they will die. If a body does not die an adult Karion Hopper can begin to spawn. These Tick like creatures can leap hundreds of meters and impale a target with their hollow proboscis, they will then rapidly fuse their own flesh with the host while injecting eggs into the target. As such adults are kill on sight as one single one can convert living people into Karion. On rare occasions infestations will become so bad the Karion Hoppers will use the same fusion process to consume dozens or even hundreds or rhousands
A5BAF054-292F-42AD-899F-83A6EBCC79C8.jpeg
they are able to rearrange the skeletons, muscular systems, and even grey matter to become single powerful creatures capable of destroying cities and can possess a range of abilities based upon the combined hosts abilities…in some cases they can even develop high intelligence.

these guys will be an ever present threat and something you would be wise to not let in your settlements.

So we should be writing up introduction posts about being asked to help sogen? Or just who sogen mentioned in his post.
Lillith and Bridget were contacted by Sogen.

rebel faction leaders were sent letters from Vorin. They will likely either go there themselves or send someone depending on how important they think it is.

In other news there is a pretty awesome species native to the Endrealm that has yet to go extinct. They are called the Karion You will likely meet a lot of them and they are pretty horrible and pretty well known…an image and description are included below but you have been warned.

The dead in the end realm rarely stay that way if they are not promptly burned, burial does not exist in this realm due to one creature alone.
View attachment 892013
A Carrion is a horrid insect species that is native to the end and has plagued those that dwell here forever. Every single populated area must come up with a way to deal with these creatures lest they all die.

It hatches from eggs implanted into the corpse and it’s first stage of life is the
Karion snap worm stage seen above. These worms feed on the body while simultaneously fusing themselves to the nervous system. Throughout the process they will reanimate the infested target bringing them back to life so as to extend their meal as long as possible. If the host dies prematurely the Snap worms will attempt to burrow into other nearby bodies and continue their life cycle but if no body can be found they will die. If a body does not die an adult Karion Hopper can begin to spawn. These Tick like creatures can leap hundreds of meters and impale a target with their hollow proboscis, they will then rapidly fuse their own flesh with the host while injecting eggs into the target. As such adults are kill on sight as one single one can convert living people into Karion. On rare occasions infestations will become so bad the Karion Hoppers will use the same fusion process to consume dozens or even hundreds or rhousands
View attachment 892014
they are able to rearrange the skeletons, muscular systems, and even grey matter to become single powerful creatures capable of destroying cities and can possess a range of abilities based upon the combined hosts abilities…in some cases they can even develop high intelligence.

these guys will be an ever present threat and something you would be wise to not let in your settlements.
Well then interesting thing to "accidentally" summon

Awright. So since Alicia is high up on the totem pole, but not directly the leader, should I write something up there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back