Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
transition period.

packing up home
to go back home

to start a new life
with something unknown

nervous is an understatement

I'm in a weird transition in my life right now. I've been in Orlando for 5 years now working at the rides in both WDW and Universal Orlando Resort. Orlando changed my entire life. I moved here completely by myself to do the internship program with Disney. Although things didn't exactly work out at Disney, I have loved the wild roller coaster Orlando has put me through.

Five years ago today I was being trained at my first attraction--Mission Space in Epcot. Mission Space is where I decided I didn't want to be a teacher anymore. It's where I found my love for entertainment, recreation, and leisure. It's where I learned guest service tactics. It's where I decided to change my life for the better. Soon thereafter, I dropped out of teaching school, broke up with my long term boyfriend, and moved down to Orlando full time in hopes to move up the latter at Disney.

Oh, Disney. How you hurt me. I was with Disney for a collective 3 years. I loved it. I loved being from the year 2036 and helping trainees embark into deep space and fly to Mars. I loved being a gate agent and happily and neutrally flying travelers to Naboo, Tattooine, Hoth, and Mustafar all the while listening to our silly droids. I loved taking guests around the jungle and spitting horrible corny jokes at them while they rolled their eyes and (sometimes) laughed. But the way cast members are treated at Disney is atrocious. Its so upsetting to know that the happiest place in the world has the unhappiest employees I've ever met. I hope that in the future, Disney changes their ways. For now though, I'll just enjoy their movies and tell cast members how much they mean to me every time I visit the parks. If you ever visit Disney, please do the same. The cast members really need to hear it.

Universal. My saving grace. The love of my life. I love this company more than anything. I will defend Universal until my dying day. Now, it wasn't always a happy story for me at Universal. Two an a half years ago I started at Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. It was a dream. I mean, getting my Hogwarts letter and being able to dress up as a hufflepuff every single day, could there be anything better then a job like that? I have been a Harry Potter nerd since I was a kid. It's the one movies that my family and I agreed on every time. But you know how they tell you never to meet your heroes? Well, I should have listened to this advice in the first place. Working at Forbidden Journey was what I imagine hell to be like. It's an extremely fast paced attraction that the people that work there are miserable. They're mean, nasty, and horrible to each other. I walked in being a bright an sunny optimistic hufflepuff and left a mean and awful slytherin (no offence to slytherin's I love y'all but sometimes you don't handle situations correctly.) I spent a year an a half in that miserable castle. The only time the team got along was when our friend passed away in the Pulse shooting. We banned together to make sure we were all okay and then a week later, it was back to the same nasty antics. It wasn't until about a year ago I got my transfer to Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon that I finally started feeling like my happy self again. I can't thank my team enough for saving my life. Fallon saved me from my miserable state at Forbidden Journey. Sure, it's not always peaches and ice cream, but lord do I love Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon. I love my team, my leadership, and the job itself. I am so sad to be leaving.

Now onto the reason I'm making this post. I'm leaving Orlando because I just got an entertainment spot with Carnival Cruise Line. I'll be hosting children's activities, I'll be the MC for the teen clubs, and I'll be a character performer. I'm excited to start this new journey but it does mean I have to relocate home because I don't want to pay rent while I'm on the ship. I have made the best friends a girl could ask for here in Orlando and I'm leaving them all behind. Not to mention my roommates dog that I've fallen in love with. I'm so heckin' nervous. Although I'm only 24, I feel like I'm too old to be starting over again. I feel like I'm not going to remember how to make friends. I'm nervous I'll fall in love on the ship. I'm nervous I'll hate the job and be trapped and feel like this is all a big mistake and I should have stayed in Orlando the whole time.

Anyways, I'm currently making this transition and packing up my life in anticipation for the move next month. Life is crazy. Any and all advice is welcome. Thanks for listening.​

im jess saying im jess saying

I'm happy you've been able to find your calling in life. On top of that I hope you continue to do the world good and providing happiness to others <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back