• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Nero: The Hidden City

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"Naw man, it was no bother at all," Jermaine answered before laughing at Joe's next comment "Frost doesn't interest me, so I guess I will have to meet you somewhere else. As for Titania getting it, that is a good joke. Even without me there, you guys don't stand a chance."

After Joe said his goodbyes Jermaine did the same and took his new model to the counter. The lady scanned it and then returned it to him with a smile. Jermaine couldn't help but smile as he caught the woman's gaze lingering on him. With a thanks he made his way to the back room.

The back area was very different from what the main area looked like. In the back there were different booths that had a table at the center, built in scanner, and personal 3D printer. Each pair of booths was separated by a domed barrier, and had NERO link ups on each station. The center area was filled with beanbags and there was even shelves where a builder could get different materials for printing and sculpting. The room was circular, had a domed roof, and was basically a smaller version of the building. The thing that caught Jermaine's eyes the most was the ceiling. The entire ceiling was a display screen that showed NERO. Jermaine smiled as the planet Frost was being shown. "Good luck Joe," Jermaine said as he walked over to Daniel's booth "It looks like your going to need it."

"Hey buddy," Daniel said not looking up from what he was doing "I though you might have gotten lost. You have a hard time deciding?"

"Naw, I ran into a fan of yours and we talked for a bit," Jermaine explained "I picked fairly quickly."

"Ah, what did you get then?"

Jermaine slid the kit over to Daniel who looked at it before whistling.

"Not bad," Daniel said as Jermaine slid into the booth opposite him "Storm Sworder is a pretty cool kit. It might take you some time to get use to it though. It pilots like a jet and not like a mech most of the time. It also has a top speed of about mach 4, and that is not even adding diving speed. The fun part is that if you can handle the speed and the crazy controls, there isn't much that matches its speed, the blades also get real dangerous at those speeds too. I remember a guy tearing up the ladder with one of those, haven't seen him a bit though. I assume he got swept up by Sandalphon and they had him change his mech. Those guys are way to serious sometimes. Anyway, open it up, the building supplies are on that back wall. I'll give you some pointers, and after you finished building, we can do some testing, and fix the stuff that would make me ashamed to be your friend."

Jermaine chuckled as he opened the kit. "Not everyone great builder," Jermaine joked, talking like a caveman "At least I kill good. Very few kill as good as me."

Daniel laughed and tossed Jermaine some nippers which he deftly caught. "Yea, and that is the scary part," Daniel said "I can wait to see what you can do in an Einherjar."

"Well your going to make me one right?"

"I sure hope I will."

"Well then I'll just have to keep getting better till you do. We'll show those Blades what dominance looks like. Let's crush all the colonies that stand in our way to the top." The two of them bumped fists and focused themselves on the kits in front of them.

6ft Under 6ft Under

Lahire

'500,000? Not a bad run for solo.' Lahire had just received payment for the remaining parts of a relatively new mecha, which had been attacked and stolen but an hour ago. 'Yet another enemy I've made. I wonder how long it'll be before I got the whole server after me?' He smirked as he thought to himself, knowing it'd only be a matter of time. It was all in good fun though, right? Surely people that were upset would just laugh it off in the coming hours, and just go buy a model kit. Hell, Lahire was potentially advertising the bonuses of a physical model through his actions. That may have explained why no administrative actions have been taken, or maybe that's simply because the world is so free.

The freedom was a big part in why he had spent countless hours logged in. Anything you wanted, you could accomplish given enough time and strategy. Or neither, if you were just plain lucky. It was an ideal game to mess around in, without too much fear of the admins just jumping in and ruining the fun. The community however, did have the power to try and band together against a threat. Some have tried, but found out they'd have been better off not bothering at all. That's not to say that Lahire had never been defeated before, but generally total defeat was rare. There was almost always something that made it worthwhile, either the enemy was dumb enough to try stealing his personal mecha, or just the fun of battle.

Lahire lazed around in the shop for a while longer, reminiscing on the battles he's had, before a notification popped up on his HUD. "Hmm?" He acknowledged the notification mentally, and it opened to some potentially lucrative info... 'Frost is freed up now? Shocking truth! Well if I'm getting it, I'd bet everyone else online is getting it... Oh yeah look at chat, gone wild already.' Lahire opened up the friends tab, before opening up private messages with Meeasma. Within seconds, a message was sent.

It read: "Ayyy frost is free! \(≧▽≦)/ Wanna steal a planet or something?"

(Interacting with: Idea Idea )

[class=top]
background-image:url('https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starcraft/images/8/88/Kaldir_SC2_Art2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120504081523');
background-size:fit;
border:7px double grey;
text-align:center;
background-attachment:fixed;
[/class]
[class=border]
border:8px double grey;
[/class]
[class=game]
display:inline-lock;
[/class]
[class=text]
background-color:black;
margin:0 auto;
border:7px solid grey;
border-radius:25px;
color:green;
width:95%;
[/class]
[class=IRL]
display:inline-lock;
[/class]
[class=1]
float:left;
width:12%;
border:4px solid lightblue;
height:134px;
[/class]
[class=2]
float:right;
width:12%;
height:134px;
[/class]
[class=title]
background-color:white;
border-radius:25px;
color:blue;
width:22%;
margin:0 auto;
text-align:center;
[/class]
[class=img]
float:right;
width:30%;
[/class]
[class=t]
margin:4px;
[/class]

[div class=1]
[/div][div class=2]
Bowtie1 (2).jpg
[/div]
[div class=border][div class=top]

[div class=title] Nero Online
Mission: N/A
[/div]
[/div][/div][div class=text]
[div class="img game"]Avatar Momi Is a Hero.jpg[/div][div class="img IRL" style="display:none"]Bowtie1.jpg[/div]
Identification:[div class=game]Meeasma[/div][div class=IRL style="display:none"]Shiniri Tetsuora[/div]
[div class=t]

"Someday I won't have to go to school anymore. Someday this game will shut down. Someday I'll be even taller than my big bro, and someday I won't be alive anymore. "Someday" is not important. What's important is right now." I complained at the warning, puffing my cheek. " I'm just playing around, this is a game, so what's wrong with that? I'm supposed to have fun, no? Even when my big brother gets time off he doesn't wait for me, and on days like this where you have also gone head or are late, I can't really help it can I? Plus I get free things out of it. And even if they find out, I can just apologize and stop, like at school, even if I mess up, just apologize to the grown-up and they'll let you go."

The mischievious smile I gave her/him only grew brighter and more genuine as Osmu confirmed it was my big brother they wanted to team up with, referring how he was more trustworthy.

"Of course he is! He's really awesome! He was the one that invited me, and then still helped me even though I joined behind his back with a model I chose myself. And the way he maneuvers it and plays, even in a game like this one, it's just so cool!" And yet, despite my gushing, he wasn't here yet. The only part he was missing from trustworthy it seemed, was reliable. I glanced over. I wasn't the only one who was a little red, the teasing worked. My friend was pretty proud of herself right now, so she whispered about how she was watching even more of those action movies, nothing surprising there. Heck, Osmu's whole avatar, or should I say, all of Osmu was built around that action movie form. I knew she acted a differently, but times like this reminded me of why the other girl was so interesting, and so fun to be around. "Still, I'm pretty surprised your mom doesn't mind the violence."

At this point, I received a message from someone very important. I smiled and flashed it to Osmu.

"As you can read, my big bro's coming and I think he heard of this quest of yours." I replied with a quick

S@Y_mR YES!!!

and parroted his words to Osmu.

"Wanna go steal a planet or something?"

[/div][/div]

[script class=1 on=mouseenter]
hide IRL
show game
[/script]
[script class=2 on=mouseenter]
hide game
show IRL
[/script]

Interacting With: GhastlySquash GhastlySquash Tanya Degurechaff Tanya Degurechaff
Mentions:
Might also want to read: Monochromatica Monochromatica Enolx Enolx Becker Becker

The young girl introduces herself as Juuna and asked Lily about her name. "It's--Lily. Nice to meet you." She replied in a rather quick manner, immediately placing the box she was holding back in the shelf. A young man with glasses like herself also joins in, asking whether she plays the game. Lily tensed up a bit. She wasn't quite used to talking with several people all at once. Still, at least it was about something she's familiar with. However, there's the slight chance that any one of them could be...

"No...For one, I at least know what the two of 'them' look like outside the game. It's just the others which could pose a problem. Neither of them seem like any of them though." Lily mused to herself as she observed the people she was conversing with. One supposedly hasn't played for a long time and the girl well, if she was asking about color schemes, that kind of eliminates her as well. Glasses-guy on the other hand...

"By any chance, you play NERO too?"

"I've built the kits--" Lily started, subtly shooting him a glance while still browsing. Just in time, another girl seems to have caught on to their conversation and has walked up to them.

"Sorry for butting in the conversation...I also do happen to play NERO."

Lily looks up at the new girl. A little too old to be playing games perhaps? Not that it's any surprise to her at least. She has seen people older than her play the game after all. She seemed like a nice enough woman however.

"Are you choosing your very first model for the game?"

"It's my first time playing the game. I just made my account yesterday." Lily replied. A lie. It wasn't a complete lie however, at least not to her. "But I have built some models. I was away for some time in the countryside. I'm not exactly up to date on how much the 'meta' has changed in the game right now. By the way--"

Lily turns to the people around her. Juuna, the older woman, the slightly older male and glasses guy. "If you don't mind me asking, what colonies are you at?"

Interacted with: CrowOuttaHell CrowOuttaHell Guardian Aelita Guardian Aelita Becker Becker Monochromatica Monochromatica

JR6lO3J.png
X
X
X
X
X
72f3c93ba9a0b566482140a471d7b0d3.png
X
X
X
X

Mikami was genuinely surprised when another person moved into the conversation, carrying a toolbox. The girl he'd been talking with almost seemed overwhelmed and he briefly considered excusing himself- giving her a little bit of space. But the person who approached seemed to ask them both a question. Luckily for him, his earlier conversation partner- was her name Lily?- replied first.

"So she's new to the game..." Mikami relaxed a bit. Good. Then that probably meant she hadn't heard of any niche "celebrities" in the game world. More importantly, he would wager she didn't know about the mecha racing metagame in NERO. It lessened the chances of his cover being blown. Hearing her mention that she didn't know much about the current metagame brought a wry thought to his mind. "Oh, I can tell you all about how shit the racing metagame has gotten," He thought sourly, but shook it off and replied to the other woman's question.

"I play, but I'm just picking up a kit to build over my break," He replied truthfully. He'd blown enough of his patience on trying to refine ADMIRAL- now he just wanted a relaxing build. He moved to look back at the rows upon rows of boxes before he was startled again by a question coming from Lily-

"If you don't mind me asking, what colonies are you at?"

"I'm in Astraea," He answered. "Pretty small colony- good for when you want to pick up the mechanics of the game at your own pace. Plus," He chuckled a bit to himself, "At least you don't spawn in heavily populated areas all the time."

SCSaya06 SCSaya06 Monochromatica Monochromatica

test-png.467184

AGATHE VIOLETTE • FIEL
Mentions: SCSaya06 SCSaya06 , CrowOuttaHell CrowOuttaHell , (Honorable mentions: Tanya Degurechaff Tanya Degurechaff , Idea Idea ) OOC: Oof, sorry for not posting for so long.
[div style="background: transparent; width: calc(100% - 417px); height: 453px; overflow: hidden; padding: 5px; margin: auto; position: relative; float: left;"][div style="height:95%; width:95%; padding: 0px; overflow: auto; padding-left: 35px; padding-right: 35px; text-align: justify; line-height: 13px; margin: auto; position: relative; float: left;"]
Agathe blinked at the moment the girl she was conversing to said that it was her first time playing the game. She was nearly stoked. They were new -- and now she wasn't too sure if she was going to target them for a profit or not -- for now, her set decision was no. She'd not target anyone in here as she had a slight idea on how things would turn out if she did. Rather, it was just speculation. The moment she heard that the girl wasn't up to date about the game's meta, it slightly set off some reds to her. Nonetheless, Agathe had let it pass up.

She looked at the guy wearing glasses and just noted his response. Picking up a kit to build. She nodded ever so slightly to acknowledge it before seeing him taken aback by a question from the girl that she approached. This woman snickered, at least very quietly, covering her mouth with her left hand, leaving her mech model just slightly shifting to the right, yet not enough to drop it.

'By the way-- if you don't mind me asking, what colonies are you at?'

A few seconds and she then proceeded to adjust the position of her model and stop from snickering. Hearing the man that he was in Astraea, Agathe had the slightest idea that they might be still trying to get used to the game. She turned to the girl who asked. Agathe had a faint smile on her face. The woman was always like this when being asked about anything. Let alone about a game that she has been playing for quite some time now. She briefly looked at the model she has still on display and back to the girl and just gently said:

"I'm located in Orion. What about you?"

She was bowing ever so slightly. Oh, the soft mannerism is strong in this one.

Agathe thought of saying something about profiting in-game by stealing with her 'partner-in-crime' but for a moment -- she realizes it might be not fine to say it. She visibly scratches her cheek, not too rash -- this notes that she was thinking of another thing to say about it.

"Mmm... it's a bit crowded in the colony but nonetheless, it's quite fun."

It was then until Agathe realizes that she should've been going to test the mech. But a bit more time to chat with someone else without rudely leaving would be nice. The woman looks around and then eventually just realized as well that she hasn't introduced herself. This is evident by her covering her mouth yet again with a hand and a shocked expression. Agathe said, not as muffled and still audible at least.

"Pardon me, erm... I forgot to... introduce myself. I am Agathe."
[/div][/div]
Agathe blinked at the moment the girl she was conversing to said that it was her first time playing the game. She was nearly stoked. They were new -- and now she wasn't too sure if she was going to target them for a profit or not -- for now, her set decision was no. She'd not target anyone in here as she had a slight idea on how things would turn out if she did. Rather, it was just speculation. The moment she heard that the girl wasn't up to date about the game's meta, it slightly set off some reds to her. Nonetheless, Agathe had let it pass up.

She looked at the guy wearing glasses and just noted his response. Picking up a kit to build. She nodded ever so slightly to acknowledge it before seeing him taken aback by a question from the girl that she approached. This woman snickered, at least very quietly, covering her mouth with her left hand, leaving her mech model just slightly shifting to the right, yet not enough to drop it.

'By the way-- if you don't mind me asking, what colonies are you at?'

A few seconds and she then proceeded to adjust the position of her model and stop from snickering. Hearing the man that he was in Astraea, Agathe had the slightest idea that they might be still trying to get used to the game. She turned to the girl who asked. Agathe had a faint smile on her face. The woman was always like this when being asked about anything. Let alone about a game that she has been playing for quite some time now. She briefly looked at the model she has still on display and then back to the girl and just gently said:

"I'm located in Orion. What about you?"

She was bowing ever so slightly. Oh, the soft mannerism is strong in this one.

Agathe thought of saying something about profiting in-game by stealing with her 'partner-in-crime' but for a moment -- she realizes it might be not fine to say it. She visibly scratches her cheek, not too rash -- this notes that she was thinking of another thing to say about it.

"Mmm... it's a bit crowded in the colony but nonetheless, it's quite fun."

It was then until Agathe realizes that she should've been going to test the mech. But a bit more time to chat with someone else without rudely leaving would be nice. The woman looks around and then eventually just realized as well that she hasn't introduced herself. This is evident by her covering her mouth yet again with a hand and a shocked expression. Agathe said, not as muffled and still audible at least.

"Pardon me, erm... I forgot to... introduce myself. I am Agathe."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back