• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

RageOfInfinity

Improbability is a bad reason to disbelieve
Do you like anime?
Do you like psychology?
Do you like deep, relatable characters with well-defined strengths and weaknesses, that are forced into situations that develop them into well-rounded individuals that nonetheless never reach a pinnacle, and are always honestly challenged by the trials and tribulations of the world they were born into?

Do you like... Mechs?

Well this might be the roleplay for you.

I've been a roleplayer for well over a decade, now... and I have a lot of skill. My favorite and best roleplays have always been in groups, but I haven't found a good one since 2018.

In the meantime, I have become very... VERY interested in Anime, and specifically some of the classics, like the Anime mentioned in the title, Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Neon Genesis Evangelion is a mecha anime that heavily features Kabbalistic imagery and symbolism, as well as Freudian psychology to deconstruct and rebuild the main characters.

Each character has a deep and wonderful backstory, and by the end of the anime, the entire human race is similarly deconstructed and rebuilt from the ground up.

The Anime, however, is only one of many realities, and the Evangelion multiverse has innumerable timelines featured in movies, manga, and video games as well as the original anime (which can be found and watched on Netflix, though with an inferior dub from the original release).

I'm going to need around a dozen people for this, and it's going to be a rather long-term roleplay. I would prefer more literate roleplayers, though it can work with less literate writers as well.

What's really required is commitment. I intend to see this through to its end.

Considering that you're the first to reply, would you mind if I sent you a PM for us to do a 1x1 there? It would give us room to develop the story, think of things to do in the group, and really just acclimate to one another. I expect it to take a while before we're ready to plan out the actual group RP, let alone start it, and i'd rather hope to keep you from losing interest *insert anime boy rubbing the back of his neck and smiling coyly riiiight here*

So... RPNation hasn't been notifying me of replies to the thread... so I'm gonna respond to all the replies I've gotten here.

Mirai-chan Mirai-chan That sounds fantastic. Would you mind sending me a PM so we can talk about how you'll write Rei's character?

Human Instrumentality Human Instrumentality I don't have it fully worked out, but I think that for battles and the like, I'm going to make it work something like a turn-based RPG (Like Persona or something like that) with an RNG for outcomes, as for characters that don't have a pilot will be somewhat of advisors to the pilots, somewhat like what they actually do in the anime, with Katsuragi being someone who gives direct orders for the pilots to either follow or ignore. The angels will specifically be the ones from the anime, not the movies, and we can decide together what kind of ending we want. If you'd like, we can discuss this more in-depth in a private message. I'd like to know if you have any ideas to improve or replace the ones I've outlined here.

Blitzkrieg Bob Blitzkrieg Bob Would you care to send me a PM to discuss which character you'd like to write as?

cherrywaves cherrywaves Yes, definitely still open. Would you care to send me a PM for the same reasons as those above?

And for all plus anyone else interested... I will be writing as Shinji, if that isn't already obvious... I'll also be taking on the roles of the angels, because their roles are so limited and situational.

We'll be mainly focusing on playing the story from the anime, though there MAY be aspects and endings inspired by the manga, the movies, and the various Evangelion video games that have been released (primarily the game "Raising Ayanami Project with Asuka Supplement"

Wordy title, I know. It's just the translation from the original Japanese... the game was never localized for English speakers. Not officially, at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back