• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic 【Neo-Proxima : Exodus】- A Post-Apocalyptic, Science-Fantasy of Hidden Creatures

Would you like to keep OOC on site or Discord?

• On-site (RPNation)

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Discord

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

Hiwa

Orbiting Imagination
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

◢◤◢◤◢◤ Neo-Proxima : Exodus

79AF8AA4-5F57-453F-9848-C2F948B11803.jpeg

PRELUDE

Slippers scraped across lint covered carpet as feet dragged themselves reluctantly to the lobby. A slurry of yawns and half-hearted complaints from the lips of tenants fell loosely, interrupting the otherwise tranquil hours of the foyer. Ten minutes ago, it’d been near empty save for the night crawlers slinking their way back into their apartments after some midnight escapades. Now, it was littered with bodies bracing themselves to the walls or finding places of refuge in furniture to keep themselves upright. Perhaps, a question or two had been uttered in passing, but most kept quiet from the lack of energy and mental haziness physically maintained by the circadian rhythm.

A flash of light accompanied by the pinging sound of the elevator was enough of a distraction to capture most people’s attention. However, it was the heavy footfalls and disgruntled muttering from a certain authority figure that charged the air. The Sheriff’s presence descended like a bad omen waiting to be heralded. The scattered crowd magnetized and pulled itself in closing the gap between themselves. At it’s core, the man stood, his usual gravitas abated by the fingers running through his hair.

Was it that bad?

Under normal circumstances, his stony demeanour gave away no secrets. Even through the most harrowing times, it was his unrelenting composure that alleviated their anxieties. Fidgeting with his hair was a tell that something was definitely wrong.

He cleared his throat before he explained the news he needed to deliver…

“The Proxies have found us.”

NEW WORLD ORDER: PROXY SYNTHESIS

After years of pollution and war, Earth finally gave way on its final leg. The atmosphere grew toxic and the climate became too unbearable for the lifeforms whom were supposedly known to be its stewards. Instead of curbing the habits of overconsumption, humans combined their efforts to make a sanctuary of sorts, a system of preservation, a way to cheat death. Technological advances were just ripe enough to be able to digitize their consciousness into a machine. And so humanity’s been reborn again. Lives redefined to fit into the new era of Earth’s existence.

As their organic bodies weren’t made to suffer the toxic air, a robotic body was assigned to them by proxy. Hence, the name. Although their physical forms became obsolete, it was mental capacities that forged the networks that controlled their Proxy’s body. Without it, the planet would be deemed free of sentient lifeforms by their extraterrestrial neighbours. At least, that’s what they thought until walking anomalies began to show up in its system.

While human bodies slept in cryogenic chambers in a place called The Hive, creatures of old reclaimed the territory of the Earth. Magical beings previously disguised in “glamour” spread out to colonize pockets of deserted land as their bodies were somehow protected with a ethereal essence that made them impervious to the changing environment. Physically, the magical creatures were going to survive so they saw this as a opportunity to start anew within their own kind.

Unfortunately, with each new frontier town, Proxies hammered down the progress with an arraignment of ammunition set to decimate all organic life. Their newly adopted philosophy contrary to everything their kind believed before. Sentient organic life was what killed the environment; therefore, they must be eliminated like any invasive species for the betterment of Earth. Once again, the humans found themselves new rivals for dominance to right to reign over their planet.

Magical creatures deemed this period an era of darkness. Mass genocides dwindled their numbers to a handful of survivors who’ve been forced into hiding once again. Perhaps, it was better to accept their fate of having to live in their glamourized selves just as humans lived through their mechanical counterparts.

ABOUT

Hello! If you’d have me, I’d love to GM this science-fantasy sort of plot for you guys. It’s basically a mash up of The Wolf Among Us/Fables, Surrogates, and The Matrix.

The world is basically inhabited by two general species: (1) Androids called Proxies who’s operation is based upon a real human stowed away in a cryogenic chamber. Think of it like a brain in the jar or The Sims, where you control your avatar’s daily life remotely. (2) Magical creatures who’ve disguised themselves through a “glamour” spell to blend in. This very much so follows the logic of The Wolf Among Us.

Currently, I’d love to a group of characters on the run from the Proxies to find a new place to live. Another 2-4 RPers is what I’m looking for, but I could always open up more slots in the future. The post requirements is at least one paragraph (more is highly encouraged) weekly. And finally, for face-claims, art, anime, video game characters, and/or written descriptions are accepted. Since I’m leaning towards a sci-fi/fantasy aspect, I’d prefer to have a range of body types, magical races, and appearances for the characters that might be difficult to attain via realistic fcs.

If you’d like to co-GM this with me so we can make a bigger group and extend the lore even further, send me a message! I’d love to have a co-pilot for this adventure!

If you’re interested or have questions, comment below and I’ll answer the best I can. More information like lore and occ will follow after this gains enough RPers. As always, thanks for reading through! Good luck with your RP searches!

hecckckkk....fascinating. I am not familiar with any of the inspos...yeah never watched Matrix either ;;

Hi!!

Soooooo this is Werewolves running from Androids?

Hello! Welcome! 😁

Yep Yep Yep!!

But it doesn’t necessarily have to be a werewolf! It could be dwarves, ogres, trolls, halflings, witches, dragons, kitsunes, onis, golems, or any mythical beast or creatures.

hecckckkk....fascinating. I am not familiar with any of the inspos...yeah never watched Matrix either ;;

No worries! It’s all good! It’s not a fandom RP by any means so it’s okay to be unfamiliar with the inspo. I just wanted to mention it in case anyone was interested!

If you have any questions, I’m always happy to answer! 👍

I am hightly interested. Might have a few ideas i might DM depending on the time.

Oh, that would be great! No pressure if you’ve got no time! I’m always happy to hear ideas from other people - players or GMs!

I’ll set up a Discord when I get home. I’ll also start drafting my notes into the lore.

I’m so excited!!

Thx for ansewers but uuuughs... me n' Discord are allergic to each other lol.

Withdrawing interest. Good luck with RP!!

Oh, I didn’t know. From what I’ve seen, I thought Discord was popular here. I’m sorry.

I can always set up OOC here instead to accommodate for everyone! It’s no problem! But I understand if you’d still like to withdraw.

Oh, I didn’t know. From what I’ve seen, I thought Discord was popular here. I’m sorry.

I can always set up OOC here instead to accommodate for everyone! It’s no problem! But I understand if you’d still like to withdraw.
It is. Like yeah most people here prefer it. Just stick with it then cuz you get more interest. All goods!

And even if you do 1 OOC here and 1 in Discord, most people will go to discord and i get sad so i'll leave anyways lol.

It is. Like yeah most people here prefer it. Just stick with it then cuz you get more interest. All goods!

And even if you do 1 OOC here and 1 in Discord, most people will go to discord and i get sad so i'll leave anyways lol.

Oh, you’re so kind! I’m really sad to hear you go. I could also just scrap Discord entirely, if it helps!

I mean, really OOC should be a place for everyone so at least if it’s on-site it’s easy to access.

I’m still learning things as a GM so I appreciate your understanding.

Oh, you’re so kind! I’m really sad to hear you go. I could also just scrap Discord entirely, if it helps!

I mean, really OOC should be a place for everyone so at least if it’s on-site it’s easy to access.

I’m still learning things as a GM so I appreciate your understanding.
K well welcome to RPNATION then !!! Come for the RP stay for the ADVEN-CHAAAAAAH!!!!

lol me. Right. K Imma be honest sometimes it gets reeeeeealllllllyyyyy tough to draw RPs in here so you best be on the popular side to draw em in. Maybe leave the OOC with the option for both to see what your RPers want more? Oh! and see if you can't put up a CS skeleton too so people can toss in their concepts and keeps interest going right? Cuz then thingies like me start asking tonnes of questions too. That and like you get to see how RPers are vibin with your stuffs too. Usually the ones that put up charries early stick witcha!

Aaaaaannnnnyyyyways... yeah!

K well welcome to RPNATION then !!! Come for the RP stay for the ADVEN-CHAAAAAAH!!!!

lol me. Right. K Imma be honest sometimes it gets reeeeeealllllllyyyyy tough to draw RPs in here so you best be on the popular side to draw em in. Maybe leave the OOC with the option for both to see what your RPers want more? Oh! and see if you can't put up a CS skeleton too so people can toss in their concepts and keeps interest going right? Cuz then thingies like me start asking tonnes of questions too. That and like you get to see how RPers are vibin with your stuffs too. Usually the ones that put up charries early stick witcha!

Aaaaaannnnnyyyyways... yeah!

Yeah, it’s really active here so I’m glad! I think the last forum I joined - the RP section was quiet.

It’s never been a popularity thing for me, tbh. I know it’s weird to say, but I’m just looking for people who are really passionate about the plot. It doesn’t have to draw a big crowd, it just has to draw the right people. But I’ll take that note though! It’s a great idea! I’ll leave a poll up for people to vote on. Thanks! 😁

Yeah, I wasn’t sure if anyone was gonna be interested in a sci-fantasy. I’ve always wanted to crossover genres so I thought - why not? Hit or miss - at least I tried. And I’ve always wanted to see a fight between tech and magical creatures.

6E53B44A-46F1-4108-B9BD-5DD561347AA2.gif

54A41EEF-7486-4564-A012-B1787C00750F.gif

Thanks again for the info! I can tag you for updates, if you’d still like. If not, it was really great to chat and get to know you! 😁

InTheSea InTheSea Yonsisac Yonsisac

Hello everyone!

I need your help. I just wanted to know what’s convenient for you guys - Discord OOC or RPN OOC. I put a poll if you wanted to cast a vote. I just wanted to gauge where I can communicate the easiest with everyone.

Thanks so much in advance! 😁

Hello everyone!

I need your help. I just wanted to know what’s convenient for you guys - Discord OOC or RPN OOC. I put a poll if you wanted to cast a vote. I just wanted to gauge where I can communicate the easiest with everyone.

I would say discord but if you want long term and people to see the activity and even get more players i would suggest here but, make a discord as well, if you can be in both, better enough!

I would say discord but if you want long term and people to see the activity and even get more players i would suggest here but, make a discord as well, if you can be in both, better enough!

Thanks so much for your input!

I’m actually really tempted to make both - but the thing is, I want people to be able to plot with each other too.

For people who don’t have access to Discord, I don’t want them to feel left out. And vice versa. I don’t want Discord users to miss plots and great conversations from RPNation.

If we can manage to keep everyone up to date without leaving people out, I’ll do both!

Also, I love Discord because you can make your own channels, assign colours, etc. But it wouldn’t be worth it if no one will use it.

I’ll leave the poll up for a bit in case we have any newcomers. But I really appreciate the feedback and the idea to do both! 😁

Hello everyone!

I'm open to both honestly. Discord is fine, but so is RPN. It really makes no difference to me ^^

I am interested! Also about the poll, both is really good to be honest for inclusivity. I like discord but if the rp isnt on discord I prefer the ooc here so i can easily reference back and forth plus its easy to link all the channels connected to your rp.

Interesting concept, I've always want to explore post-apocalyptic fantasy. I know you have a limited amount of slots open but if you ever think about introducing villain/proxy characters, I'd be very interested 👀

Thank you for keeping an open mind! It’s much appreciated! 😁
I just wanted to ask, are you against feral-like characters? Like a unicorn/faun/centaur/dragon? Intelligent and sentient and can use glamour/shapeshifting to be human?

I am interested! Also about the poll, both is really good to be honest for inclusivity. I like discord but if the rp isnt on discord I prefer the ooc here so i can easily reference back and forth plus its easy to link all the channels connected to your rp.

Hello! Thanks so much for sharing! I appreciate the feedback as well!

As of the moment, the majority is telling me that it would be better to keep the OOC on site.

Interesting concept, I've always want to explore post-apocalyptic fantasy. I know you have a limited amount of slots open but if you ever think about introducing villain/proxy characters, I'd be very interested 👀

Oh, I’d love to have a fellow villain! I don’t have a story arc for them in mind, atm. But it’s something to think about. To balance us out, if there’s anyone also who’d also like to play a proxy, I’d welcome them to express it too. I just don’t want there to be an imbalance in activity from one group (magical beings) vs. the proxies.

I just wanted to ask, are you against feral-like characters? Like a unicorn/faun/centaur/dragon? Intelligent and sentient and can use glamour/shapeshifting to be human?

I was actually going to use mutated feral creatures as part of the challenges that our group might have to overcome. They’ve lost the ability to communicate and become aggressive upon meeting. It’s a regression they’ve experienced from being isolated from society.

Unfortunately, in order to be part of the group, they would have to be sentient to use glamour and be able to communicate. However, you can use any creature of your choice. You can use a unicorn, faun, centaur, and/or dragon as your original form.

Just came back to vote!!

ea9a541c365e5f6a293a49e1db8df12c.gif

...and wanna play a glamoured up monster! Running from the scary terminator bots!

robot-dance.gif

I was actually going to use mutated feral creatures as part of the challenges that our group might have to overcome. They’ve lost the ability to communicate and become aggressive upon meeting. It’s a regression they’ve experienced from being isolated from society.

Unfortunately, in order to be part of the group, they would have to be sentient to use glamour and be able to communicate. However, you can use any creature of your choice. You can use a unicorn, faun, centaur, and/or dragon as your original form.
Yeah thats what I was thinking; one of those but can use the glamour and speak. Similar to dragons in WoW or the last unicorn or Narnia ^^

this looks interesting…. Do you have an age limit for people who can join? (Mostly cuz currently I‘m still a minor, even though I turn 18 in about 3 weeks.)

Just came back to vote!!

ea9a541c365e5f6a293a49e1db8df12c.gif

...and wanna play a glamoured up monster! Running from the scary terminator bots!

robot-dance.gif

Yay! Welcome back! Always happy to have another player! 🥰

Yeah thats what I was thinking; one of those but can use the glamour and speak. Similar to dragons in WoW or the last unicorn or Narnia ^^

No worries! It’s a great question! 👍👍

Actually, maybe I can show everyone what I mean with original forms and un-glamourized characters.

This was what I was going for magical creatures-wise.

Of course, their glamourized forms look just like average “humans”.

CAAB12AB-0D87-4A17-A0B7-CF2324A9D69F.jpeg

this looks interesting…. Do you have an age limit for people who can join? (Mostly cuz currently I‘m still a minor, even though I turn 18 in about 3 weeks.)

I was hoping for an 18+ crowd in case we come across dark subject matter that’s not appropriate for younger audiences.

However, since you’ll be 18 in a few weeks, it’s okay by me. I think any younger than 17-18, I’d have to decline though. It’s simply a maturity thing because I know there’s some real talented young RPers out there! 😊

I'm down to join if you will have me and can help gm if you need! C:

Yay! Thank you so much! I really appreciate the offer! Send me a message with your ideas and perhaps we can talk about it! 😀

For full disclosure though, I did also have another offer for a co-GM via Yonsisac.

I’m just in the middle of writing everything so I’ll see what happens.

I will keep you in mind though! Perhaps, the three of us will be able to run the RP together! But I’ll have to test the waters first. I hope it’s cool! 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back