• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Neighborhood Semantics [IC]

Do you prefer realistic or cartoon faceclaims? (No vote means you are indifferent.)

• Realistic

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Cartoon

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters

Aato

Social(ly-inept) Butterfly
Hello, all! It's been a while and I've been itching to RP using one of my families, so I sprung this idea based on an old RP I was in.

This interest check is somewhat of a rough draft, but this is definitely the gist. Some minor changes could be made and/or I may ask for input.

The main concept is a set of six families (roles below) living in the same cul de sac interacting and coexisting.

This is mainly a slice-of-life RP with the potential for drama, romance, angst, friendship, and so on. It will be mainly character driven, although I will throw in 'character guiding' to help push things along when needed.

I am looking to fill all six roles; however, it's not totally necessary. It will not be first-come-first-serve, as people will be welcome to apply for the same roles and I'll select who I think best fits. You'll be welcome to apply for up to two family roles, keeping in mind that you may be chosen for and managing both (however, if you're like me and just extremely indecisive, let me know in the OOC that you're only interested in having one role chosen). All orientations will be welcome. Family dynamics are welcome to vary in size, background, and so on; two guardians and child(ren), one guardian and child(ren), or a couple with no child(ren) - extended family permitted too. I do prefer to have at minimum two people in a household.

Leaving us? I want to be prepared for drops. Just let me know you need to dip and in-RP, I'll make some type of excuse for your family no longer being active. Your sudden absence might throw off some chatting, but it won't jog the whole plot-line, so you can go with a guilt-free conscience and others can continue their game. :)

ROLES:
New Fam on the Block - This family moved into the neighborhood this week and is the focus of the neighborhood-invited housewarming party. Welcome to the neighborhood!
Picture Perfect[Taken] - This family seems perfect on the surface - two parents, kids, a tight-knit dynamic, and a homey place. They are friendly and other families seem to like them or feel neutral. However, this family has certainly seen hardship or lives more unconventionally than others realize.
The "Old Money" - This well-off family cares more for tradition than flashing money. They have lived within the same house in this neighborhood for generations. They always host the housewarming party for the new family that moves in. Whether they actually like these newcomers or not is always up for debate. The family's longevity here seems to make them very influential and give them more authority on neighborhood issues. They run the Community Board.
The "New Money" - This well-off family is the first of their generation to live in the neighborhood and isn't afraid to show that they live a little more lavishly. They're always updating their home with the latest innovations and ready to get involved by suggesting new ideas, including spins on local traditions. The "old money" family is not their biggest fan.
Neighborhood Riffraff - This family is the wildcard and certainly unashamed of who they are. Loud music and ruckus, raggedy home, messy yard, and regular police visits describe the view of their home from your window. However, despite their obnoxious/inconsiderate lifestyle, they are the most outgoing and open family - they won't hesitate to ask for a cup of sugar and will absolutely return the favor. Still, no one can seem to figure out why they can't be more stable.
The Shady Bunch - The only way you know this family is home or not is if their vehicle is in the driveway. They are as quiet as mice and somehow rarely ever seen except when checking their mail or maintaining their property. Even their blinds stay closed year-round. They don't attend many neighborhood events, but are always present for Community Board meetings. Are they simply private people or are they hiding something? The neighborhood riffraff would love to know.

If you're interested please comment [10 interested comments = thread work]. Have any questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions? Let me know via message or post, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. ...Pssst! If this does not take off as a group RP, I'm equally interested in 1x1-ing.

Thanks!

-- Aato*^

OOC:

Characters:

Sign-ups are open!

Last edited:
For the Riff Raff couple; I was having the idea of two guys who were both major outcasts in school, which is how they met. The grew close, fell in love, and moved in together. All the while still staying beautifully different.

Update: Although I haven't quite gotten the amount of interest I wanted yet, you all have added to how excited I am! However, I also know character forms for a full family can take time. So, two more interested folks and then I'll start on the ooc and character pages.

Alright, I'm going to start working on the character and ooc thread tonight and will let you all know when everything's up. :xFsmile:

Most people expressed interest in certain roles, but nothing is "taken" except for the "picture perfect" family (I'll be playing that one). So you're certainly welcome to go out for a spot.

Speaking of, could I play both roles in the pairing I requested? Unless someone else wants to be an outcast with me XD

UPDATE:
Sorry, y'all. Fell a little behind this week. I'll aim to have the character page and ooc up on Sat. Fingers crossed. As always, I'll keep everyone posted.

And in regard to the poll, whichever has the most votes once I get the character page up will be what I go with. In case y'all are wondering, I did not vote, so it's a totally member interest driven choice. :) I did not give an option for both just because I want to keep the "universe" consistent.

OOC:

Characters:

Sign-ups are open!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back