Anime & Manga Needing some help finding an anime

here4therps

So I have been watching anime since I was in kindergarten I started with Sailor moon. Now the daughter of brother inlaw's sister inlaw is 14 and is interested in anime. Her parents are pretty.....well let's say they like the bible alot. The girl's mom came to me and asked a hard question for me. An anime that isn't Pokemon that has no nudity, nothing same sex(don't even get me started on that part) no magic, no talk of other gods and no violence. I am drawing a blank

So from anime I've watched, some that can possibly fall under these requirements would be ones that involve more of a family theme or is under the slice-of-life genre. But it is a little difficult to find a lot that have no violence.

Here are a couple that I've watched, that from my memory do not have violence, magic, etc.:
- Gakuen Babysitters

- My Roommate is a Cat

So from anime I've watched, some that can possibly fall under these requirements would be ones that involve more of a family theme or is under the slice-of-life genre. But it is a little difficult to find a lot that have no violence.

Here are a couple that I've watched, that from my memory do not have violence, magic, etc.:
- Gakuen Babysitters

- My Roommate is a Cat
Thank you I'll be sending over be reviewed

With one episode exception, this one should be fine. That episode is an OVA if memory serves me right, and it all takes place in a dream anyway, so it should be fine to skip that one episode.

Has some performative "violence" but it's that stilted stage "violence" and very much portrayed like that. I recommend watching an episode or two just to be safe, but I doubt it's anything anyone would bat an eye at, even religious fundamentalists.

Only violence here is people playing pretend. Only times when anything same sex happens, is a couple brief moments played for laughs.

Simple, harmless comedy

I'll be honest, I don't recall all the finer details with this one, but I'm pretty sure it meets the criteria

I think this one might also work.

Definitely does.

Again, I don't remember it super well, but I think it makes the cut.

Aside from one "walk in on them changing" scene that lasts all of 5 seconds, it should perfectly make the cut.

Honorable Mention: (ones that definitely have something objectionable for a fundamentalist in them, but which I think still work well for Christian viewing even for those more restrictive types)

Barakamon

Honestly, this one almost certainly makes the cut. However, I seem to recall a Tanuki spirit or something, or maybe I'm confusing this and another anime... but because I don't fully remember, I'm putting it in honorable mentions.

Sakura-sou no Pet na Kanojo

Definitely has some nudity in it, but it is heavily objected to. This is also a show with an extreme and very serious focus on working hard through life and through failure, even when others may have more talent than you, plus with the general design of the show and uniforms and such, I think both thematically and aesthtetically it might please them.

Gabriel DropOut

Now, here me out. Yes, this does have two good demons and two evil angels. However, as Catholic and as someone who has a pet peeve against good demons, I can say this is still a very enjoyable show that keeps in mind that it isn't serious. It acknowledges that this isn't the order of things, and admonishes those who go through with evil/sinful acts as being that. So I think it would be still be good watching material even for a hardcore fundamentalist

find a lot that have no violence
Yep, especially without knowing the line. Also hard to find ones without another god being mentioned, since Japan follows Shinto and uhm... there was one other, I think it was Budhism? I don't recall... in any case, definitely not a Christian country, and in fact christians tend to get a lot of flack in anime.

Hello!

I would personally recommend:

Yumeiro Patisserie (a really cute show about baking)

Summary:
Aside from her deep passion for eating cakes, the clumsy Ichigo Amano has never been successful at anything. After an encounter with Henri Lucas, a famous patissier, Ichigo's amazing tasting abilities—although unbeknownst to her—are discovered. Recognizing her talent, Henri offers her the chance to attend St. Marie Academy, a prestigious culinary school which specializes in desserts.

In spite of the fact that she is a beginner lacking skills, thanks to Henri's recommendation, Ichigo is placed in the topmost group with the "Sweets Princes." The princes, famous throughout the school for their magical treats, are Sennosuke Andou, an expert in traditional Japanese sweets; Satsuki Hanabusa, with a flair for candied flowers; and Makoto Kashino, a gifted chocolatier. Ichigo and the Sweets Princess, each accompanied by their "Sweets Spirits"—fairies who make patissiers' dreams come true—all work towards their goals in the competitive world of sweets.

Kimi no Todoke (really cute, slowburn highschool romance anime)

Summary: Kuronuma Sawako is completely misunderstood by her classmates. Her timid and sweet demeanor is often mistaken for malicious behavior. This is due to her resemblance to the ghost girl from "The Ring," which has led her peers to give her the nickname Sadako. Longing to make friends and live a normal life, she is naturally drawn to Kazehaya Shouta, the most popular guy in class, whose "100% refreshing" personality earns him great admiration from Sawako. So when Kazehaya starts talking to her, maybe there is hope for the friendships Sawako has always longed for. Maybe... there is even a little hope for some romance in her future.

sorry for the format. idk how to do the thing the previous posters have done.

It's basically a sports anime about a very unique Japanese card game that combines competitive reaction game with memorising literature. It's realistic and set in modern Japan, this game exists in real life. There is no violence aside from characters occasionally getting angry. There is some romance but it's girl/boy so that should be fine (?) But it mostly focuses on building friendships and working towards achieving your goals. I found it very motivational.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back