• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Needing Some Fantasy/Mythology

Loki god of BS

God of BS
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Update: Now I'm not really going to update the plots, while I would love to do any number of them, I am hoping I'll be met with some fresh ideas from you. I generally accept several interested people at once because as always half of them will poof before the roleplay even gets started.

I am dying for something based on already established mythology, I’m up for trying some new stuff but I also have some dear (or not so dear) muses at the ready, namely Hades and Tyr for the people that actually know this stuff....

I have long lost the last search thread I did, and it was probably outdated in some places. Granted that I tend to reuse plots a lot. But here I go again.
First a little about me to get things going.
A moose once bit my sister. Sam, 29, he/him. I love art, music, writing, Death Note, horror, fantasy, and lots of cute fluffy things. Also weird. Weird happens OK. Whether it's due to boredom, general loopiness at night, or one of my 800 mental illnesses, let's be honest that crap is buy one get 7 free. I have the weirdest sense of humor that I'm sure no one else on earth has, in fact 50% of the time you won't even realize I've made a joke. I am a bit busy sometimes but hopefully it wont effect replies too much.
Alright and now some general rules and thingstuffs about roleplaying (I'll get to the plots last).

Literacy
Now when it comes to this I am a tad picky, I don't ask you be an English major, because I'm sure not one myself, however I do prefer longer replies to shorter ones. Short first posts are a huge turn off and I can't stand one liners. My short replies are between 3-4 paragraphs. Not that short posters have no place in the world, but I kinda like to write...For me short replies defeat the purpose.

Frequency
I'm not always fast. I'm a pretty busy person in general so I don't mind if you're slow. Likewise I hope for you to be understanding if I take a bit to reply. Let me say this. I. Will. Wait. Months. For replies. I have done it before and am totally OK if you need to take a while or need to take a break. On that note I'm not fond of ditching. I understand being busy, or losing interest, but I think even a quick "I'm quitting" is better than just never replying again. Honestly I don't handle rejection well, and I will lay awake in bed all hours of the night wondering what I did wrong to make you run off. I can just about guarantee I wont ditch without a word. If I'm not replying it's because I'm dead or don't know there's something to reply to. Friendly bumps are fine if you think I'm taking too long. There are occasions I'll reply multiple times a day, but more often than not I reply once a week.

Characters
Given that I'm not looking for fandoms I'm not sure there's much info on one in particular. I do have several babies I love and keep character sheets for, which can be given at request, but this all depends on what the plot needs. I also design and draw my own characters, I refuse to use any other face claim. What you use, if any is up to you. I can double, but I don't love it. NPCs are fine, if necessary I expect us both to pull our weight. The slight exception to the OC thing is when mythological figures come into play, at which point...Well I mean they're technically canon, but they'll basically OC's in costumes. If that actually is the case, and you are particular about them then feel free to say so. I basically only play male characters primarily. I've made slight exceptions here but I wouldn't count on it. I'm not horribly picky about your character make them female, make NB, whatever you wish. Along with sexuality, I don't have a great preference there.

Limits
Here we have something that's a deal breaker, if anything is important to know it's this. Nothing nonconsensual. Don't you dare, don't you dare at all throw in any rape or sexual assault, now that I've mentioned it you have better read it and I can promise you if mention it at all I will quite the roleplay then and there. I don't really want to be mean about this, but it's a very important issue and I have had people throw it in despite me specifically telling them not to. That is the only thing I will not tolerate. Things like cursing and violence well it rather depends on the roleplay. Sometimes a little blood will work for the plot, sometimes a lot of blood, and sometimes no blood. I mean I don't do smut either...Which isn't allowed here and I would probably suck at, I'm a fade to black kind of guy. With other sensitive topics...I haven't come across too many besides rape and MI, which I guess see way back at the introduction because I'm not forbidding it outright, but you really need to know what you're talking about.

A note about plots
Plots are great, it can be hard to get a roleplay going without one, but I personally like character driven roleplays as opposed to plot heavy ones, it's just a matter of preference and I'm adaptable, but if you're looking for something with a complicated, detailed plot driven roleplay I'm probably not your guy.

OK I think we've come to plots, but first a couple things/plot elements I like/what I'll do. Because as you see I have some plots, but I'm not open to whatever you come up with. For that matter these plots are up for alteration.
Some things I absolutely love are...
Dragons
Faeries
Other various mythological creatures and characters
High fantasy
Any fantasy really
Romance
Forbidden romance
Vampires
Demons (You'll have to ask about my semi-ridiculous demon classification)
Werewolves
Mythology in genera I suppose, Gods in particular though I guess which would really depend on what we both know allow me to ramble a minute because I do that. You say oh I love mythology and for some reason everyone always jumps to Greek/Roman and then you're like...Norse mythology and then there's a long pause and you're like oh well this is awkward. That isn't to say I don't know and love (Greek included) many different mythos from various cultures all over, but Norse is probably my favourite as well as what I'm most familiar with....Just saying.

Alright and finally I will get on to the plots I do have. Most of them are fairly basic so make of them what you will. I ought to note that some of them I do have roles I want, and the other character is referred to as she simply because that's easy to type.

The Spirits' Hand
The world is threatened by war and dark energy. The spirits know this and know if it isn't stopped soon all life will be eradicated. So they upon a chose few individuals they bestow their power for creation in the hopes that the damage can be reversed and those responsible stopped. (Lots to say about this in a discussion because it's based on something).

The Key
To protect her in her vulnerable state she was placed in a hidden tomb locked with a special key to await the day she reawakens. That key was hidden away and no one any longer remembers where. However the time has come for her to be awaken, and it's said that the one, or ones, who wake her will have great power at their disposal. As such many people are in search for the key, good, evil, selfish, and otherwise. As it happens some people are willing to share that power and find teaming up to benefit them. Two such people may do just that.

In Pieces
Unrest and turmoil has plagued the vast country of Elda ever since a very powerful magician took over the rule of the kingdom. Split by contention and held unwillingly by magic the five regions must be united and saved from the dark magic only by an equally powerful ritual. But those who can preform it are few and the complex magic requires five substances found all across the continent. It's up to a few brave souls to gather the necessary ingredients and preform the rare magic to save the country.

Reincarnation
I'm not gonna fancy up how I describe it, it's a bout two lovers cursed by a jealous witch to never find happiness together. They're continuously reincarnated only to meet a tragic end and have to find each other all over again.

Von Den Elben
Never stray from the old road in the woods, they say. Elves live in them. Elves that bring misfortune to anyone that happens upon them. Belle has lived a life full of hardships. One day while on an errand that took her through the woods she came across an injured man. Out of pity she took him in and nurse him back to health only to learn that he was one of the elves she had been warned about. He promised her that for helping him she would be rewarded. Sure enough her fortunes begin to improve, but at the expense of all those around her.

Revenge
The kingdom of the humans and that of the Faeries had been at war for ages. In attempt to gain an advantage the humans kill the faerie queen, angering the king. Yet as the years pass on and both kingdoms are strained they agree on a union. The faerie king agrees to marry a human princess to restore peace among the lands, however he has his own ideas. For his own revenge he plans on later murdering the princess as his wife was, until he falls for her.

So they are somewhat listed in order of preference, it would make my little heart just flutter for a good Gods based roleplay.
And yeah...That's it for now. Still probably a lot there. Honestly I can never tell how I'm going to come across, so I hope I don't sound like an idiot. Or a dick. An idiotic dick would be the worst and now I should shut up.

One last word. I'd like it if you sent a conversation, I'm not always alerted when replies and reactions are made on threads, so your best bet of catching me is through a DM.

Last edited:
Hello, forgive me if my formats off I’m trying to get accustomed to this site. I really like the way you laid out roles and the wants for the rp itself. I’m heavily embedded in mythological adaptations and would love to chat with you more about this to see if we could possibly build up something for a rp

You definitely have my attention! I really want a good fantasy, plot based rp right now. I have several characters I could use for this, but the one I want to write most right now is a faerie.
Everything I can agree with, however I am a shorter reply. 3-5 paragraphs usually. I can promise that they'll be good paragraphs though!

Hey there! I love to do fantasy roleplays and I tend to write longer responses as well, which is also something I'm looking for in a writing buddy. I actually have a few ideas for a fantasy roleplay(one being based in the middle of a war) that I'd love to share and try out. Just send me a message if you're interested!

So yesterday my mom found 3 baby bunnies, they belong to a bun I used to have and she made the most adorable little floofs. They are very smol and soft and fluffy and just completely adorable I love them to bits they are the sweetest. You have no idea how cute they are. I'm dying over how cute they are, the tiny fluffers are afraid of the dog so they hide by the people and I just wanna squish them.

I would love to write with you And have ideas, but first of all did a Moose really bite your sister?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back