Advice/Help Need some help

River Rose

RIP Avicii 1989-2018
Lately it just seems like no one wants to roleplay with me. Is there something I can do to make my roleplays more interesting/exciting/etc. ?

Should be fixed now
Alright, thank you. Now, from what I'm seeing...

1. Your interest checks are extremely short. The common perception of these is as either laziness or a sign that the one that made the interest checks is interested in extremely small posts, which can turn off both detailed and casual roleplayers.
2. Statements like "I'm into a lot of fandoms" are not informative. Again, they look lazy, like you're just not willing to put in the effort or bother.
3. Lists contained within the same line are visual turn offs. It's harder to visualize a list of elements when you pile them in the same sentence, as opposed to spacing them out.
4. While you don't make a lot of demands, you don't really offer ideas of your own. Sure you mention you want this or that fandom, and may mention a plot type like "soulmate AU". The one time you had something like one, you left only the opener and not the actual OOC information.
5. You insist that you want to play with your OCs, but mention nothing about those OCs.
6. You are missing a lot of crucial information, such as where you like to roleplay (threads, PM...) and what kind of writing style you have and expect (how large are the replies you want, any namely ). The information you do have, which regards posting speed, is extremely demanding, depending on the kind of posts you want.

So in summary:
*The interest check looks sloppy and low effort, which doesn't mean that it necessarily is either of those things, just that it looks that way
*You are missing very important information for people to know whether they are compatible with you.

That's what it seems to me. I hope this helps.

Finding a roleplay partner isn't always easy! I've been roleplaying since 2009 and the challenge is always present. Sometimes it feels like you're searching for the perfect date, hahaha. Everyone has different expectations. No two roleplays will ever be the same. It can help to understand what your style of roleplaying is and knowing what you like to see from someone that you roleplay with. There's no single right answer to this. Roleplayers are diverse people! The most important thing is that everyone is having fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back