Other Need some help on finding appropriate evidence

minajesty

𝘢𝘬𝘢 𝙈𝙄𝙉𝘼 !
Alright. Lets get started. In my HELA class (Honors English Language Arts) we are writing an essay based of this question: "What do you feel is the most fundamental factor of your public education?".My class was provided with a blog that the teacher had copy/pasted on google doc. If you can view it, here is the link https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RnJptLD45vPAzuCNsmgSt645DJInqlsIDALfk4TvWAQ/edit

But I personally believe that technology is the most fundamental factor of public education. Unlike before, we have an unlimited resource to guide us. We can all agree that the internet has some valuable information that is helpful, which is why I chose it. Now in the blog it talks about how he has had some encounters. I would like to use one of his encounters to support it. Basically like "if we had technology used in schools instead of only textbooks, it gives the person a better understanding of how it actually works or they don't just have the textbook to look for information." but im not sure if thats the right way to go.

So what im asking is, should I continue going with what I had planned? And if so, what evidence would be best to support my opinion on the prompt provided for us.

Well, the technology, such as computers, can allow for a series of fetes to be accomplished. They enhance our learning capabilities far beyond that of a textbook, provide us with multiple sources of information, allow us to find information more easily than any other solution and offers us information that may not be present in certain textbooks.

Alright. Lets get started. In my HELA class (Honors English Language Arts) we are writing an essay based of this question: "What do you feel is the most fundamental factor of your public education?".My class was provided with a blog that the teacher had copy/pasted on google doc. If you can view it, here is the link https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RnJptLD45vPAzuCNsmgSt645DJInqlsIDALfk4TvWAQ/edit

But I personally believe that technology is the most fundamental factor of public education. Unlike before, we have an unlimited resource to guide us. We can all agree that the internet has some valuable information that is helpful, which is why I chose it. Now in the blog it talks about how he has had some encounters. I would like to use one of his encounters to support it. Basically like "if we had technology used in schools instead of only textbooks, it gives the person a better understanding of how it actually works or they don't just have the textbook to look for information." but im not sure if thats the right way to go.

So what im asking is, should I continue going with what I had planned? And if so, what evidence would be best to support my opinion on the prompt provided for us.

This would be a counter-argument .

Technology indeed changes many things and without it , it would be a great detriment to one's own ability to learn.

However with that being said.....

I personally believe that while technology is fast becoming " a necessity " in terms of learning. ( If it hasn't already become so )

The environment is a factor that many take for granted that's necessary for one to be able to learn ......

How can you study when your under some extreme mental duress if someone's playing loud music the next floor over ? Or if there's an argument going on the next door and you hear shouts and screams ? Now to take it to an absurd height , What about if there's gunfire or explosions ? What if there were groups of heavily armed people roaming the streets banging on each doorway to find " enemies of the state" ? Can you really learn in that kind of environment ?

Another factor for the environment, would include the well being of a person in their current state.

What about if you haven't eaten for 1 day ? 2 days? What about if your thirsty and haven't drunk anything for a day ? What about if your sick ? What if you haven't slept for over 1 week ? What if you have a chronic injury that's throbbing with pain every minute or so ?

Not to mention a whole host of other factors . What if your in a neighborhood / culture where learning is actively discouraged ? ( I won't list examples here because its ...well....fairly toxic if i were to do so ) .

How can you learn when your under some extreme duress constantly, simply because you don't have physical / food security, etc.

Even if your able to try to learn some thing from an educational youtube channel , its not exactly doable when you have your parents screaming in the next room overthreatening to see the lawyers for a divorce proceeding . Or when your half starved and super tired. Sure, you might remember scraps for said youtube video , but that doesn't necessarily mean you've learned something ( I'm not exactly a big fan of rote memorization for learning anyhow ) .

The environment like it or not plays a huge role.

Not to mention there is a possible point of failure with technology: Electricity , what if that isn't always provided ? One can't always assume that you will always have electricity day in and out. Yet again the environment plays a role.

So in conclusion ......

Technology ? Yes its good to have, but ultimately a good environment is a necessity that many take for granted .

I requested to look at your doc. I would really like to support you.

I think this doc is for school students. Maybe if you made a copy and shared it to me if you want. Otherwise, I still support your claim. The technology today has changed our learning enviroment, teaching our kids to be creative and crafty!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back