• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Need RP partner - need help to create RP!

ThatAJ

Magic Eight Ball
1571669483413.png
Hi!
I'm looking for somebody to help brainstorm ideas with on a basic idea I have come up with. Unfortunately, my past RP partner has just vanished with no explanation...so I need help with this! I'll give a little rundown before showing you the things already discussed with my previous RP partner and me.
Luna City is a vast, sprawling metropolis appearing like 1940s Chicago (reference is the picture above), sporting 5 separate districts (that are yet to be named:
  1. Wealthy / Rich district: In the middle of the city. The famous, rich and poweful live in their lavish penthouse suites located in the sprawling towers above. Only the upper-class reside around here, and at night, the bustlers and party-goers attending their very large nightclub scene.​
  2. The waterfront district: Located near the sea/river/lake the city is built by. Many middle-class citizens work here by day, however, by night it is a completely different area. Various triads and organised crime syndicates run through their docks and warehouses, storing weapons and drugs.​
  3. Residential district: Mostly apartments where the middle-class live and reside. Within, there are small pockets of vegetation and some small businesses. Not much crime occurs here, it's just residential.​
  4. Ratway disrict: Alleyways sprawling around most districts. Small rooms branch off these little runways where the lower-class lives, nestled in poverty. Petty, less organised crime occurs here via the lowlives trying to get by. Only travel here with caution - and avoid entirely when night strikes.​
  5. Finally, the induistrial district: an area filled with tunneling chimneys and smog. Some crime occurs but it is ultimately very small.​
Yet in humanity's stupor for industrialisation and cities, they did not realise what they had built over - a sprawling underground civilisation who had constructed a city underneath its land. The underground civilsation ran on small rips, mostly known as "tears", which broke through the barrier of real life and the underground city. When humanity came and built over them, no energy was entering the underground and...well, the species that lived within died out. Eventually, however, this tears would break through the sewers and trainlines of the city. Walls in underground tunnels would collapse and make wormholes to the underground city, and in mere moments, the wall would be completely fixed and behind it, nothing. These tears and wormholes could faze in and out of the city at will, and eventually, catch the eye of the locals. They were an urban myth that only few managed to enter...and only fewer managed to get out.
Within, people found structures hanging with moss and mold with strange statues and landmarks once harbouring life. Chasms would soon be uncovered that would contain the key liquid for creating elixir - an invention giving people elemental abilities. This liquid would come to be named "extract", or "essence."

Only one search party has went further then the winding rivers of essence and down to the bottom lands. Here is where an alter is found - the Rift alter.
I haven't discussed or researched how this alter will come to work - but it does one thing. Opens a rift. A rift is a pocket in the universe where these creatures would store their deepest desires so it will not cloud their judegement, it is how they managed to survive and thrive as a colony of people. These five desires were Wealth, Power, Magic, Knowledge and Eternal Life. Each person has one of these as a deep desire, and upon entering a rift, it will show to them. Rift hunters have tried finding the answers they need eversince they discovered the underground city.
Two people could enter a rift and both find two different things, one person may find a library of the widest knowledge and another, a small army awaiting to give them immense power.
That is where our characters collide. Both recieve a tip-off about a blind monk - the only remaning member of the search party whom found of the rifts, a blinded elderly man cursed to wither away. Either will most likely attempt to fight one another away, until they eventually make peace in finding their desires.
Now...a small summary of some already said stuff, and stuff not yet known...

Magic
  • Magic is given through the use of elixirs
  • Powers given by elixir will eventually drain, yet drinking too many will begin to negatively affect you. Consuming too many will start draining your life force and replacing it with raw elemental power. Certain monks and advanced mages drink in supplemented doses so they can harness their power better, and avoid the damages.
  • Consuming too much on an elixir will eventually degrade your life force, slowly withering you away and essentially killing your body whilst you lay dormant within. Your chosen elixir will begin to kill you from inside, like burning or freezing you until you die. Reversing this process can possibly be done via a reversal elixir or terminal - leaving you to die. Non-decided.
  • Intergrating a certain power into your DNA requires the purest of essence, found in the deep caverns of the lost city. Humans naturally reject this due to its supernatural and unwordly nature. Only the mentally strongest can use their willpower to stay on top, and eventually, harness this ability.
Rifts
  • Rifts are small tears in the dimension that an omnipresent being has filled with 5 different things: Wealth, Power, Knowledge, Magic and eternal life.
  • There are 5 big vaults containing these 5 things. They are what Rift Hunters look for. Opening these rifts requires a certain ritual to be done with a ritual table found at the lowest point of the city. This hasn't been discussed much, though.
Setting: Luna City (Ik I made the name up)
  • A city resembling that of 1940s Chicago, sporting vibrant signs and back alleys. It is comprised of five districts:
    • City district where the famous and rich go to live in their massive penthouse suites. Only the rich can be found here.
    • Ratway district, the opposing version of the city district, are several alleys where petty criminals live and reside. The lowest of the low live there and it's not advised to walk around there at night.
    • Induistrial district which supplies the docks with goods and fills the warehouses. Very foggy and poluted.
    • Waterfront District where there are warehouses and docks. Criminals reside there and keep their businesses.
    • Residential District filled with various apartments and houses belonging to middle-class citizens.
  • It is built over an underground city called [insert name here]. They all know vaguely about it but some think its more serious than others. Something it's a little room and others, a large expansive metropolis - to which it is.
[Insert name here] underground city.
  • It was constructed and owned by magical beings.
  • Humans built over the ground they lived by, and this killed off the species/beings. Over time, people living in that city began to develop strange abilities and magical powers.
  • People soon learned of this place after somebody/some people stumbled across an entrance. How they got back, I don't know, but they stumbled back through another exit or really quickly got back through the entrance they came in through. Many people who find an entrance normally cannot locate an exit when the entrance moves and die. Possibly they come back...but as an undead being possessed by the beings who the city belonged to.
  • The entrance and exits change possibly every hour or every time they are used. For example, a broken wall in the subway may be an entrance. Someone goes inside, walks around and returns to find no exit in sight. The entrance has moved to a sewer tunnel in the ratways. If someone was to go to that wall from outside the dimension, they'd find a normal wall. If they were to try and break through it, they'd just find dirt and rock - it's completely gone.

Thank you for reading it all!
If you're intrested, please reply.

I'm interested in this I'd like to take part in this world could you PM me on how I can create my character and some of the key rules for the start of the roleplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back