Need Help With Character Name

Freydis

Not Entirely Dead
So I am in need of some naming help! My previously named character is getting a revamp, half because I am dusting her off for use again and half because no matter what I do I can't spell her name right for the life of me xD

Anihuil Ref - Also my Icon.

So I think her name started as Ainhuil, then changed to Anihiul, then Anihuil, and honestly it just isn't working for me anymore.

A bit about her - She was born a dryad, and practiced earth and nature magic with her tribe. She was uniquely gifted and excelled quickly in her studies, becoming the most powerful study of her age. But as all rebellious teenagers go, she sought even greater power, looking for the knowledge that was forbidden, simply because it wasn't allowed. She messed with things over her head, and became infected with a kernel of dark magic. Her once amazing powers were forced to turn inward, fighting the curse of darkness and evil, and through a powerful (and also forbidden) ritual she was able to practically split her soul within her body, keeping the "infection" to only one part of her soul and leaving the rest pure. However, it is a constant battle in her body, and one that weakens both her dark and nature powers, some days worse than others. This splitting had an unintended change on her body, making her something not quite living and not quite dead, relatively an immortal to the effects of time. Her "Undeath" keeps her in the state she was cursed in. As she grows older, however, her bodies point of stasis has a slightly detrimental effect on her health as well.
She is a bit arrogant, mostly in her abilities, constantly searching for knowledge, and slowly begins to view other people as inconsequential. Which gives her some issues in relating to others.

So anyways, I have a few ideas for names but I just can't decide. Feel free to add any others that you think might work for her as well! I'm open to anything. I'm looking for something maybe Old Norse or Celtic based, and something that would fit well in a fantasy world.

Name Ideas so Far -

-Aslaug
-Eira
-Inkeri (Ink for short)
-Iona
-Ragna
-Signe
-Torhild
-Tove

I also am trying to think of a good surname for her, not that she uses it after she is cast out of her tribe for black magic. But for the prestory. I'm looking for something earthy, nature-like. Like Windfeather or Winterwolf (two of my other surnames for characters).

Thanks for your help!

I like Eira or Iona for the first name myself. As for a surname how about Rockwind? That's off the top of my head though without much thought. Up to you but good luck in making a decision!

Thanks! I haven't got much feedback on any site so far so its been a little frustrating.

Just a thought, but how about Runa? It's a Scandinavian name meaning "secret ritual". As for a sir name, how about Woodstone? It's literally just the idea of earth and nature but hey it's something.

I really love the names 'Iona' and 'Tove'.

I'm really into the mystical/supernatural aspect of this character! I've always been interested in writing something more supernatural but I've had trouble with it for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back