• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help Need help with BBcode

Sir Fungus

*Alot of Poses* "Kamen Rider: Black!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So, I want to be able to use BBcode for like character sheets and stuff, but I don’t know how to use it properly.
Does anyone mind giving me a walkthrough tutorial on how to use basic BBcode?

hi there!
first and foremost, i always love to tell everyone that you should turn off RTE in your settings! when using BBcode, at times, it can mess up your code . . . badly! so always make sure your editor is on BBcode editor whenever you manually write any code!

so, BBcode is a bit specific in terms of placement and order of how you want to stylise your code.

for example: depending where you place your border and background tag, be it
Code:
[bg=black][border=1px solid white][color=white]Text here[/color][/border][/bg]
— so this translates into you having a black background and a 1px solid border inside of your background.
— if you wanted to have a border around your whole entire background, you’d have to place your “border” tag before the “bg” tag.
— there are at least 7 different types of borders you can use : “solid, dotted, double, outset, inset, ridge, groove” (( when using double borders, start with 4px and make your way up ))
— also do note: i had manually used the color tag and used the color “white” against the black background. always remember to be mindful of background colours and text colours in your coding because some themes ( light or dark ) will cause your text to be unreadable / transparent.

— always remember to close your tags! when closing your tag, go in the order you’ve written. so for example, if the order is bg, border, color. you’d close the tags by doing color, border, bg.
—always place your color tag before your text! ( this placement is necessary ! )

there’s an amazing tutorial in how to customise accordions and slides so i will link you there!
Tutorial - Stylizing Accordions

as for tabs, bbcode tabs are not customisable in terms of the tab colours. you would have to use divs and/or BBcode+ to accomplish such goals.

if you have any issues with rows and columns; just remember: columns can span up to a total of 8.
so that means you can have this:
Code:
[row][column=span2]text here[/column][column=span2]text here[/column][column=span2]text here[/column][column=span2]text here[/column][/row]
— this code will translate into: one row with 4 columns. ( span2 + span2 + span2 + span2 = a total of 8 span )

if you want to make your code not fit the entire post and make your code “smaller”
use the code:
Code:
[centerblock=#][bg=white][border=1px solid black][color=black]text here[/color][/border][/bg][/centerblock]
— note: you’d start from 100% and go down to at least 50% ( when I used this code I would go to at least 80% for centerblock)

i hope this quick writing helped!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back