• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic NCQuest: Mecha flavored action, OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Windsock

Two Thousand Club
This is the OOC for my latest project, NCQuest. The primary thread will be created soon after this.

Any questions or discussions, feel free to ask and start them.

My character is already accepted, so just putting my name here for the time being.

Okay, characters thread posted, and when I'm done with this little post, the story thread's opening text will be soon after. For simplicity's sake I'm just going to re-use what I wrote earlier for the interest check for now, just to prepare the damn thread.

When everyone has a character ready to start, I'll provide the truly opening post and we'll get started.
To notify everybody:
Malphaestus Malphaestus Tanya Degurechaff Tanya Degurechaff SkyHawk MK III SkyHawk MK III Pacificus Pacificus Viper Actual Viper Actual AnonyMouse AnonyMouse

I'd like to set a final deadline of march 1st before we start up this bad boi, at least in part. I'll be awaiting character concepts and any questions, story ideas, things you'd like to see, or anything else you'd ever want to discuss, very patiently. If everyone is ready before then, we'll start sooner. If anybody would like more time, or some help, please notify me.

Oh, also, I'd like to see public discussion as well. Please, talk about one another's characters when they get posted in the character thread and brainstorm stuff. I'd love to see what people think of each other's characters and styles.

Oh, so everyone's up to speed:

I'm hoping to use that 'episodic' idea I had, and there'll be a time-limit for each micro-story (episode), I'm hoping to have each 'episode' be twice monthly or just monthly. How well the story goes along during the first 'episode' will help inform me if this concept is sound or if it shouldn't be considered any further.

Oh, and somebody asked this in the OOC, but to post it here: The player characters won't exactly be a 'team' but I'll be using my GM fiat powers so that everyone is more or less part of, if not the same 'group', at least they're 'working peers'. Simply for storyline simplicity, you see. But, if anybody would like to get away from the group for a while for some neat lone wolf stories, I'll do my best to facilitate that.

Any 'team identity' you'd want is up to you guys.

Oh, be aware: I'm not actually expecting this much from everybody. I know Malph already is all. Don't think you need a doorstopper like he makes CS's, as long as it looks good and 'feels' good, and I get a good idea of who they are and there's just something to sink your teeth into, that catches the eye, I don't mind about length. Well, as long as it's more than 3 sentences.

It's not THAT long, I prefer quality over quantity too.

Based on my understanding, Viper Actual Viper Actual , we will start off with a default assortment. If you were to make an NC sheet now, it will most likely be implemented in a while.

Viper Actual Viper Actual

I appreciate the enthusiasm but I said that I wanted to review your character in private so we can discuss it in private before I'd let you post it and accept it.

And, as I said, everyone is going to start with a basic model provided for free, but they'll have some freebie modifications they can pick in-character. So an NC sheet isn't necessary; use the one already provided as a placeholder. The one with freebie modifications will be provided by me for you to then modify/replace as you wish over time.

I've been getting good character concepts and submissions so far and I hope to see that this continues! Very happy with all of the progress going on.

Windsock Windsock I had seen in the first thread that you were looking to have 4-5 players, and judging by the people mentioned earlier in this thread that I would be number 7. Is that fine or do you prefer if I just be on standby just in case a spot opens up?

YsFanatic YsFanatic Yes, I've noticed the huge amount of attention I'm getting as well. I wasn't expecting such a great turnaround which is half the reason why I said 4-5. I'll find managing this amount difficult, but I hope to accomodate everyone to the best of my abilities! Including you.

Of course.. I do intend to reserve the right to say "This isn't going to work and I'm not willing to approve you as a player.", but so far I'm happy to see that I don't think I'll have to say that just yet.

Windsock Windsock Awesome! I'll work on getting a CS to you tomorrow evening or Friday. I am going to PM you about an aspect of my character I already know about to make sure it works before I do too much.

Sorry about that, didn't know you meant "I posted my CS for approval to the GM". (Me)

Mentioned this offhandedly to savoi in PM's, I'm quite exhausted right now and will be trying to get some rest for the night. Sorry for the spam notifications earlier.

Things seem to be progressing well. Glad to see you all appreciate Windsock's idea as much as I do.

Howdy folks; I'm starting to adapt what I've written down as 'NPCs' into the reserved character sheet space I posted underneath the templates. There's 3 to sink your teeth into for now, but watch the space. I'll be adding things over the day, and even more when the RP is underway.

Again, I'd like to thank everyone for the interest they've showed so far and express my jubilation at how well this is going! I can't contain my excitement and I'm actually finding it difficult to sleep. So this is all you guys' fault, smh. But, seriously, I'm very happy with what everyone is giving me and I'm further inspired to continue my work; thank you all so much already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back