• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Naught But Beasts Are We

KingofAesir

Ghostly Presence

53a962b95229d2eb3da3f87e6c22a32d.jpg
❝ THE WORLD IS FULL OF BEASTS. ❞

❝ RULES. ❞

1. Follow all basic RPN Rules
2. No Meta-gaming, there's only one god in play here ;)
3. Posts must be at least two good sized paragraphs in length
3. Be respectful to all participants (homophobia, racism, transphobia, etc. will not be tolerated)
4. Keep all the drama within the roleplay
5. Drawn or realistic face claims (no anime face claims, I am sorry)
6. Have fun! This is a roleplay, not a job, and I want everyone to remember that
816f6e3a81d6e572f8c1a226d2990547.jpg
6d0133423fbec8cafd60cf58ffb23c15.jpg
985c201d8aaf091dd23b6af4a372c7cf.jpg
42cce240354dda2f8af4c1b770183798.jpg

❝ Naught But Beasts Are We.❞

—PREMISE.

In the realm of Vi, The Sacred Land, deep within the Elder Forest, exists a single city that has evaded the blinding light of Killia, The Burning Light, for centuries. This city has long been known as Ara, an old land word for hidden, to those outside of its boundaries, for it’s true name is unknown to even the small few who have seen it with their own eyes. Legend speakers spin tales of great white spires built out of the very stone that all magic in Vi comes from, Vinstone, a rare and precious commodity that is hoarded almost exclusively by the Academy of the Burning Light. You see, many centuries ago, Vi was a realm of many sprawling kingdoms that were filled to the brim with magic, each holding its own Vinstone pillar. But, the rise of the followers of the Burning Light of Aesthwen would ravage the lands of all of these lost kingdoms with the power of a single woman, or rather, a single weapon. The Staff of Aesthwen is a weapon almost as aged as Vin itself, created by the God of Brute Justice himself at the beginning of the Fae Rule before human, elf, or even sub-fae walked the Sacred Land. Aesthwen created the staff to be wielded by the first Fae King, Nurion, against the invading forces of the fallen god, Kir. With the power of the staff behind them, the Fae Kingdom swiftly defeated Kir and his followers. They put the war to rest and, fearing the immense power in the staff and the potential for it to be corrupting, they built a secret chamber deep beneath their capital city, protected by great magic. Unfortunately, the tales of Aesthwen and his staff captured the hearts of many and long after the downfall of the Fae, a human woman by the name of Alessandra Dreth came into possession of the all-powerful weapon. Using the staff, Dreth would come to form the Army of the Burning Light and crown herself queen of many a kingdom. The staff was near impossible to resist, using it’s light to ensnare the souls of those that gaze upon it and put them under the control of its wielder. This was only meant to be used against the less righteous to convince them to lay down their weapons and come willingly into the hands of brutal justice, but Dreth has used it purely to amass an army and enslave those that would not listen.

Here is where you come in dear reader, you see, the forgotten city of Ara holds the only thing known to be able to combat the weapon of a god. Forged from the very vinstone of Ara itself by the great Fae Master Smith, Pellas, sits the Spear of Ara. This weapon was crafted specifically to be a safeguard, should the staff ever be used for ill means, and it is the only thing that can shatter the Divine Vinstone orb that powers the Staff of Aesthwen. No one has heard from Ara for centuries and it has been regarded as myth for most of that time, but the elven King Hilas of Idusia believes it to be Vi’s last hope. King Hilas has summoned all those willing to travel to the whispered location of Ara and retrieve the spear and put an end to Dreth and her gods forsaken war. Only eight adventurers heed the call and you, adventurer bold, may be the world’s last hope.

—BASICALLY.
I'm looking for a small group of eight, including me, to join this world saving quest. We will have a Discord where all of us can discuss plot points and places we could discover on the journey to Ara. I want this story the be as interactive as possible for my participants. I want to hear your ideas and your wants so that we can make this a story that belongs to all of us. We will be creating the ins and outs of the world of Vi together so that we can all fall in love with the thing that we made.

This roleplay is going to have fairly long winded posts, as I'm used to writing quite a bit for postings, so it will be considerably slow paced. I want everyone to have enough time to flesh out their posts and make them beautiful. If you like high fantasy and slow paced roleplays, this is the place for you! P.S This will not be first come first serve so please let me know if your interested even if there's more that seven people already.
&&— ❝ your death comes swiftly, heroes. ❞

Users who are viewing this thread

Back