• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Nations of the Second Age (Fantasy Nation-Builder)

Shireling

A Servant of King and Country
Ten thousand years ago, the world of Morfea was created by the loving hand of the god Morfus, who created all matter, energy, and spirit and gave rise to the first races of mortalkind. What began as a garden of harmonious union between gods, beasts, and men fell, over the centuries, increasingly into disrepair and ruin. As the centuries rolled by, even the gods themselves believed that Morfus had withdrawn his guiding hand from his creation to let it stumble in the dark. Some of the divine, corrupted by pride or by jealousy of mortals, turned on the mortal races in pitiless revulsion, enslaving the weak to their will and using the strong as instruments of torture for those peoples too virtuous or lofty to bend their knee to their caprice.

faraz-shanyar-img-0819.jpg

The First Age ended in the fires of war. To keep the mortal races separate, the gods destroyed the great continent of Morfus'hair and scattered the peoples of the world to the four corners of Morfea. One of those continents, Enmundi, played host to the greatest society of mages and learned scholars the world had ever seen, the Magisteri Imperium, but even they were destroyed by their hubris and decadence. In the year 5420 of the Second Age, the Imperium has long since passed into ancient history. More races of mortalkind than ever before walk upon the face of the world and the dark gods are once again stirring for complete dominance of Morfea. It is a time for the rise and fall of empires, and for the mortals of Morfea to write the closing chapters of the Second Age.

------​

Hello, and thank you for your interest in Nations of the Second Age. With the quarantine in place in my neck of the woods, as no doubt it probably is in yours, I thought this would be an excellent time to kick off a nation-builder, one of my all-time favorite past-times. For this particular RP some of my main focuses are:

Creativity: All of the races, nations, and locations in NotSA are completely original, which is expected of players. Because we want to truly build our own setting from the ground up, we have decided as a community to endeavor to bring to light our own original creations. This means that you will not be fielding armies of axe-wielding, quasi-Nordic dwarves or standard Elves who are great at archery and live in the trees. While analogues to humans and other races exist in the setting, they differ in terms of their biology, psychology, and origin. While the setting is not entirely original, having dragons and other such well-known fantasy creatures, NotSA is not a reskin of Tolkien's Middle-Earth.
Narrative Focus: NotSA has a narrative focus, meaning that the goal of this RP is to create a compelling story together and not one-upmanship. At the same time, we encourage players to have a competitive drive as that helps shape the narrative. I will not require you to keep spreadsheets of information on armies and town garrisons with stats and movement attributes. NotSA will flow organically as a story, with you piloting your nation and your major characters through war and peace, diplomacy and exploration, love and hatred.
Lack of Restrictions: I put no hard limits on what the participants can and can't do in terms of your nation. So long as you can rationalize it within the lore of the setting, the sky is the limit in terms of creative freedom.
Community: NotSA already has a community of around 10 members cobbled together from my connections on RPN, so you will be joining an RP with a thriving community that is already getting off the ground instead of one that may not ever start.
The Writing Craft: Myself and a few other participants are multi-year veterans of nation-builder RPs and play-by-post RPGs in general. If you're relatively new to the genre or format, myself and others would be more than happy to help you hone your craft.

If you have any questions about recruitment, feel free to ask in the comments below. If you are interested, please DM me in addition to posting in the replies below.

Ten thousand years ago, the world of Morfea was created by the loving hand of the god Morfus, who created all matter, energy, and spirit and gave rise to the first races of mortalkind. What began as a garden of harmonious union between gods, beasts, and men fell, over the centuries, increasingly into disrepair and ruin. As the centuries rolled by, even the gods themselves believed that Morfus had withdrawn his guiding hand from his creation to let it stumble in the dark. Some of the divine, corrupted by pride or by jealousy of mortals, turned on the mortal races in pitiless revulsion, enslaving the weak to their will and using the strong as instruments of torture for those peoples too virtuous or lofty to bend their knee to their caprice.

View attachment 704786

The First Age ended in the fires of war. To keep the mortal races separate, the gods destroyed the great continent of Morfus'hair and scattered the peoples of the world to the four corners of Morfea. One of those continents, Enmundi, played host to the greatest society of mages and learned scholars the world had ever seen, the Magisteri Imperium, but even they were destroyed by their hubris and decadence. In the year 5420 of the Second Age, the Imperium has long since passed into ancient history. More races of mortalkind than ever before walk upon the face of the world and the dark gods are once again stirring for complete dominance of Morfea. It is a time for the rise and fall of empires, and for the mortals of Morfea to write the closing chapters of the Second Age.

------​

Hello, and thank you for your interest in Nations of the Second Age. With the quarantine in place in my neck of the woods, as no doubt it probably is in yours, I thought this would be an excellent time to kick off a nation-builder, one of my all-time favorite past-times. For this particular RP some of my main focuses are:

Creativity: All of the races, nations, and locations in NotSA are completely original, which is expected of players. Because we want to truly build our own setting from the ground up, we have decided as a community to endeavor to bring to light our own original creations. This means that you will not be fielding armies of axe-wielding, quasi-Nordic dwarves or standard Elves who are great at archery and live in the trees. While analogues to humans and other races exist in the setting, they differ in terms of their biology, psychology, and origin. While the setting is not entirely original, having dragons and other such well-known fantasy creatures, NotSA is not a reskin of Tolkien's Middle-Earth.
Narrative Focus: NotSA has a narrative focus, meaning that the goal of this RP is to create a compelling story together and not one-upmanship. At the same time, we encourage players to have a competitive drive as that helps shape the narrative. I will not require you to keep spreadsheets of information on armies and town garrisons with stats and movement attributes. NotSA will flow organically as a story, with you piloting your nation and your major characters through war and peace, diplomacy and exploration, love and hatred.
Lack of Restrictions: I put no hard limits on what the participants can and can't do in terms of your nation. So long as you can rationalize it within the lore of the setting, the sky is the limit in terms of creative freedom.
Community: NotSA already has a community of around 10 members cobbled together from my connections on RPN, so you will be joining an RP with a thriving community that is already getting off the ground instead of one that may not ever start.
The Writing Craft: Myself and a few other participants are multi-year veterans of nation-builder RPs and play-by-post RPGs in general. If you're relatively new to the genre or format, myself and others would be more than happy to help you hone your craft.

If you have any questions about recruitment, feel free to ask in the comments below. If you are interested, please DM me in addition to posting in the replies below.
Haven’t done one of these before but id love to join

of course not i haven't been like that in awhile only way that is happening is if people hate the undead workers and ruler which would be a shame

Sounds interesting, Although i'm not sure how to do this, I've never done this type of RP before.

For everyone who expressed interest and has not, I would like everyone to DM for more details.

Still accepting members. This is totally not a shameless post to bump the thread up to the top.

I’d like to join. I’m thinking about creating a vaguely Romanesque, British Empire type thing with dragons.

This, again, definitely not a shameless bump. Also, if you have expressed interest but haven't DMed me please do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back