• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Nation Building Roleplay

Overred

The Nation-Building Fool
This is more of an interest check then anything. I have built a nation-building forum game that includes resource-gathering, wars, intrigue, etc. and am looking for interested players. The game was built after months of testing and configuring, and I believe it to be great fun.

The game is set in 1066 AD. Medieval based, a terrible plague has wiped out much of the Earth's population. The game centers on only Europe and allows you to create a nation born from the ashes of the disease. This allows players to create their own viable nations, even if they did not exist at the time.

The game is turn based between years, and allows players to control their nations as time goes on. Technology, building, and warring is a part of the system. The system is very basic and simple and at this point, I just need players.

I will be adding more and more expansions to the game as the timeline continues. I hope that this game goes on for quite a while.

Does this even interest anyone here? If so, please post your thoughts, etc.

It's not its own forum. I would be posting it here. If there is even a little interest, then I definitely will post it here and start it up.

Overred said:
It's not its own forum. I would be posting it here. If there is even a little interest, then I definitely will post it here and start it up.
I think if people could see your proposed system they could further gauge their interest. It is an interesting idea, but until I see your system I wouldn't be able to commit to it.

And that's fine and completely understandable. I am building it right now through the Forum Roleplays. As soon as its done, I will be able to post it here.

Sounds lovely. I have a few ideas for something like this and I've been wanting to try writing for this sort of roleplay. However, I have a question. Will this be, not sure if this is the correct word, "story based", as in, roleplayers interact with one another. For example, a roleplayer could take control of a character that would be contributing to the nation's history. Perhaps a king would decide to wage war against another nation or team up with the nation to attack another? Maybe a mere peasant begins a revolt against xir's nation's ruler? And so on.

Or would it be more of a game sort of roleplay? Like "+1 resource" and so on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back