• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom [Closed] Naruto - Trials of the Forgotten

Kiyoko Tomoe

The Donut Goddess
"Congratulations, young Shinobi, on graduating from the Amegakure Ninja Academy," A familiar voice proudly said in front of this year's new batch of graduating Shinobi. "Starting today, you will be assigned in groups of three to an instructor whom will be responsible for you for the next two years. When I call your name, I want you to stand up and head to the room number I indicate."

Hey, so I know I've left probably a lot of important details regarding the RP out, but I do want to say that this isn't going to be some generic 'do what you want' kind of Naruto RP. This RP will be heavily guided by the story elements, giving the characters strict schedules and times. I don't want to have an RP where it's nothing but players wandering around sniffing the roses and thinking about where the best ramen can be found (for those of you wondering, the answer's obviously Ichiraku). I will, of course, give players the freedom to choose how their characters act, how they think, feel, etc., but I do want to stress the fact that, the more a character diverts from the main plot, the less likely it is the plot will be continued, and thus the less likely a player is to stay interested. I want a smooth, fun RP that has an actual ending.

A few little things I should also clarify, so that people know what's going on with the RP:
- Looking for a group of about 4-8 people (which is including myself in the count).
- Characters will be Genin level.
- There will be NO Kekkei Genkai or Tailed Beasts for the player characters.
- Characters will have a Jutsu and stat system, though there will not be a specific combat system (subject to change).
- Characters are limited to up to two Nature types, and having a 2nd nature type will affect the character's stats and Jutsu.
- Everything in Naruto and Naruto Shippuden? Didn't happen, as far as the characters are concerned and/or aware. Exceptions include things like creation lore, 1st/2nd Shinobi World War, etc. However, a key thing to note is that Hashirama and Madora, as well as all related figures, are only LEGENDS. Stories, myths, fairy tales; that kind of stuff. The same is true of Tailed Beasts.
- This RP will have characters as a part of the Village Hidden in the Rain, also known as Amegakure. All characters must be natural citizens of Amegakure, as well as current residents of Amegakure; however, this will not limit your Nature Release choice in any way; all five of the basic releases are available to you.
- Nagato and Konan are not real people in this world; they are creations of religious belief, with Nagato being the believed God, and Konan his messenger.

One last thing to note. Players will be limited to one character for the beginning of the RP. This may change at some point throughout the RP.

Anyway, feel free to let me know if you're interested! ^~^

RP LinksIn Character ---- Out of Character ---- Character Sheets ---- Lore ---- NPCs

Last edited:
It feels like a few years since my last naruto Rp- So I'm kinda curious and since this a non Konohagakure Rp, it furthers my interest. I'm even fine with genin level just curious of some things that I'm sure will come to light over time. Might be interested pending on how some things will work. If ya don't mind a rusty Naruto player that is...

I am utterly and completely interested in this. Not on this site but on another I was in a sandbox naruto roleplay and to say the least your example of what they usually turn out as is very accurate and I'm glad to see a much more story orientated naruto roleplay.

If it's a naruto RP, especially a well structured one, I'll join. Strict plots >

I'll watch the thread & tag me whenever it goes up.

Also thankyou for banning all the OP crap, I swear everyone wants to have a perfect susanoo eternal mangyekyo with reality bending abilities lmao.

Want to ask two things though, will there be progression or is it Genin level for the duration? Am interested either way... also by Genin do you mean chunin exam rookie 11 where they are genin but strong, or actual fodder level genin like land of waves? Although I'm sure you'll get to explaining that lol so if you want to keep cards hidden feel free, not enough naruto RPs these days to justify being choosy.

Last edited:
If it's a naruto RP, especially a well structured one, I'll join. Strict plots >

I'll watch the thread & tag me whenever it goes up.

Also thankyou for banning all the OP crap, I swear everyone wants to have a perfect susanoo eternal mangyekyo with reality bending abilities lmao.

Want to ask two things though, will there be progression or is it Genin level for the duration? Am interested either way... also by Genin do you mean chunin exam rookie 11 where they are genin but strong, or actual fodder level genin like land of waves? Although I'm sure you'll get to explaining that lol so if you want to keep cards hidden feel free, not enough naruto RPs these days to justify being choosy.
On god XD Everyone tryna be a special snowflake

On god XD Everyone tryna be a special snowflake

Facts I swear, then I feel like I got to make an OP character too and it becomes an arms race of who has more hacks lol like damn, cant I just do some substitution techniques and throw some kunai, maybe some water techniques? Got fools out here opening seven gates casually & breaking mountains.

If Atls in this I'm in.

it'd be nice to play in a new setting, and one that may or may not went kaboom in another universe in a rp far far away...

Would recommend being picky on choices of whos in and such, coming from experience here.

Just a tip for anyone looking for character images & inspiration. Deviantart & Pinterest have a metric shit ton of non canon ninja that fans drew at the level of the manga/anime. If you look up "naruto character OC" you'll find a lot of images. Not trying to plug websites lol but they're A1 if you want non canon naruto character images.

Just a tip for anyone looking for character images & inspiration. Deviantart & Pinterest have a metric shit ton of non canon ninja that fans drew at the level of the manga/anime. If you look up "naruto character OC" you'll find a lot of images.
I can confirm. I usually find all of my characters images on pinterest and with it's board fucntion it's pretty easy to organize everything you find into the corresponding rp you'll use it for.

Just a tip for anyone looking for character images & inspiration. Deviantart & Pinterest have a metric shit ton of non canon ninja that fans drew at the level of the manga/anime. If you look up "naruto character OC" you'll find a lot of images. Not trying to plug websites lol but they're A1 if you want non canon naruto character images.
Safebooru.org is a great place too if you can figure out the tag systen

It's been a long time since I watched Naruto and my knowledge of the show isn't impressive, but fuck yeah, let's do this

Question. Im planning on running a gen character, any special rules there? Ive done it before and always believe theres more to be earned from a loss, but I know its a pain in the ass to Gm so just thought Id check what the thoughts are there.

Edit: Actually, not sure I'll do it, but I'm still curious.

Last edited:
Though I do have a few questions?
Ask away!
Want to ask two things though, will there be progression or is it Genin level for the duration? Am interested either way... also by Genin do you mean chunin exam rookie 11 where they are genin but strong, or actual fodder level genin like land of waves?
You will be straight-outta-school garbage-ass Genin. A little exaggeration as to how weak you'll be, but better I lower the level too much for he moment than raise it too high.
Question. Im planning on running a gen character, any special rules there? Ive done it before and always believe theres more to be earned from a loss, but I know its a pain in the ass to Gm so just thought Id check what the thoughts are there.

Edit: Actually, not sure I'll do it, but I'm still curious.
I will allow Genjutsu, and in fact I'd encourage it. Just know though that it will use a different stat than Ninjutsu as well as your Nature Release, which will cause your character an inability to compete evenly in a Ninjutsu v Ninjutsu comparison.

Ask away!

You will be straight-outta-school garbage-ass Genin. A little exaggeration as to how weak you'll be, but better I lower the level too much for he moment than raise it too high.

I will allow Genjutsu, and in fact I'd encourage it. Just know though that it will use a different stat than Ninjutsu as well as your Nature Release, which will cause your character an inability to compete evenly in a Ninjutsu v Ninjutsu comparison.

Will there be improvement allowed or is the level of our characters static?

Edit

I guess when you said "for the moment" that kind of implies progression lol. As far as speed of progression & system of progression, I'm not really concerned, I'm sure you've put ample thought to it.

Also, to be honest, it'll be refreshing to be a weakling that needs to train up rather than the usual power fantasy RP character.

Well now i'm leaning heavily on using a genjutsu character. I suppose I'd be at a disadvantage in most cases but honestly, I'd look forward to that and hopefully be able to grow and improve as we go on.

Will there be improvement allowed or is the level of our characters static?

Edit

I guess when you said "for the moment" that kind of implies progression lol. As far as speed of progression & system of progression, I'm not really concerned, I'm sure you've put ample thought to it.

Also, to be honest, it'll be refreshing to be a weakling that needs to train up rather than the usual power fantasy RP character.
Ah, my bad, I didn't even really notice the question about improvement, but yes, there will be character progression throughout the story.

What about fuuinjutsu? or would most if those technique s be too much to start off with?
Fuinjutsu won't be discouraged, however it is something that will be, like Genjutsu, Ninjutsu, Taijutsu, etc., its own thing, and so it will be extremely slow to work with unless a character goes full-blown support mode from the get-go. (Not to say going full-blown support wouldn't be amazing to see someone try out. Bonus points for creativity in your support methods ^^)
Let's get it ??????????? I was worried for a second but now I'm ready to go, where the CS at lol.
Since we have a good group of people interested, I plan on having a CS posted by the end of tomorrow (my time, which it's currently about 4:40-ish pm).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back