• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Naruto: The Sage of Shadows

Ganryu

Your Lovable Jackass GM
Supporter
Roleplay Type(s)
Naruto: The Sage of Shadows
Gms
Ganryu - KageYuuki - Orikanyo

Hello all, I'm Ganryu, and I'd like to welcome you out to this RP, hopefully you'll be interested. This is a simple AU Naruto RP. We'll mostly be playing genin throughout it, and watching their struggle and story. Well, come see if you like it.

Story
Across the five great nations, whispers are heard the Bijuu have been managing to escape, one by one. An odd tale of the beast breaking free from its host, running into the wilderness after a brief violence, and then nothing. The beast had gathered in the wilderness, and have stayed put. They haven't attacked anything unprovoked, nor are they living up to their legends of being akin to a natural disasters. They don't seem any calmer when they are approached, and yet they don't have a desire to go after villages either. And this is far scarier to the villages than a simple rampage.

The villages in turn have sent their strongest away to scout out these beasts, and to catalog what villages are left with their beasts.

This left many of them vulnerable to a series of thefts. Nothing yet of value has been stolen, only a few religious artifacts, but its enough to put the villages on edge.

To make up for the lack of jonin, they've started to up their military presence, training new genin to cover these simple thefts, and to cover whatever it is that is coming. Nobody is sure what, but the kage respectively can feel something is amiss. Something that might shake their very villages to the core.

The story begins with the first test among those selected, who will become a ninja for this new generation?

Rules & Expectations:
1) Genin only
2) Burning House Rule: I deal with inactive characters as I see fit. Don't be inactive!
3) Detailed posts- I don't expect perfect grammar (mine's hardly the best), but I'd like it to be legible. Generally posts should be 2-3 paragraphs.
4) Have fun.
5) Seriously, follow 4 or we'll have to kick your ass.

Character Sheet:
Notes: You start out with 10 stats to spend as you want, max of 3 in one stat(literally one stat can have up to 3). You also get a max of 2 C-ranked Jutsu.
KageYuuki has the Uchiha clan pretty well fleshed out if you are interested.
Code:
[CENTER][h]~Name~[/h]
(img)
[blockquote=CharacterName]Quote from your character[/blockquote]

[B]Squad:[/B]  (Leave Blank for now)

[B]Personality: [/B](What's your character like)

[B]History: ([/B]How'd they grow up?)

[h]~General Fighting Style~
[/h]
[b]Special Traits[/b]
*List anything special about your char here.
* Are they fast?
* Are they deathly afraid of something likely to appear in combat?
*What do they specialize in?

[table]
[tr]
   [th]Ninjutsu[/th]
   [th]Taijutsu[/th]
   [th]Genjutsu[/th]
   [th]Tool Mastery[/th]
   [th]Perception[/th]
   [th]Stealth[/th]
   [th]Total[/th]
[/tr]
[tr]
   [td]0-5[/td]
   [td]0-5[/td]
   [td]0-5[/td]
   [td]0-5[/td]
   [td]0-5[/td]
   [td]0-5[/td]
   [td]10[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
---------
DELETE THIS SECTION
Stats explained[/CENTER]
[LEFT][B]Ninjutsu -[/B]how well versed you are in ninjutsu. This could be anything, elemental jutsu, seals, medical jutsu. Just try to pick a specialty here.  Certain ninjutsu can belong to Stealth or Perception and not here.
[B]Taijutsu - [/B]how well versed you are in Taijutsu, how well you throw, and take a punch. This includes any close quarter weaponry, like kenjutsu.
[B]Genjutsu -[/B]how well you can cast, and break out of genjutsu.
[B]Tool Mastery - [/B]How well you use ninja tools, and how powerful yours are. Shurikenjutsu is included here, as well as the use of explosive tags. Trap making, also here. Pretty much anything that isn't close quarter is probably here.
[B]Perception -[/B] How well do you see things around you. Any sensing jutsu is included here.
[B]Stealth - [/B]  How quietly do you move? How's your sleight of hand? Things like 'Hiding in X' jutsu are included here.

You begin with a total of 10. Any one stat can hit 3. Pretty much works like ranks.
0 - Civilain (E)
1 - Genin (D)
2 - Chunnin (C)
3 - Low Jonin (B)
4 - High Jonin (A)
5 - Kage level (S)
[/LEFT]
[CENTER]-----------

[h]~Tools~[/h]
Basic Tools:
(Name, amount, example, kunai x10. Mainly I care how many explosive tags you are carrying around.)

Specialty Tools
Item Name:
Description:

[h]~Jutsu~
[/h]
[SIZE=5]~Kekkei Genkai/Hiden~[/SIZE]
Kekkei Genkai/Hiden: (Name)
Effect: (describe it's overall effect here.)
Mastery: (How good is your character's use at it?)

[h]~Canon Jutsu~
[/h]
[/center]
[accordion=bcenter]
{slide=Rank E|center}
[LIST]
[*][URL='http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Clone_Technique']Clone Jutsu[/URL]
[*][URL='http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Rope_Escape_Technique']Rope Escape Technique[/URL]
[*][URL='http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Body_Replacement_Technique']Substitution Jutsu[/URL]
[*][URL='http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Transformation_Technique']Transformation Jutsu[/URL]
[/LIST]
{/slide}
{slide=Rank D|center}
[LIST]
[*][url=Naruto wiki...something] Jutsu Name[/url] - (Any additions or changes to it?)
[/LIST]
{/slide}
{slide=Rank C|center}
[LIST]
[/LIST]
{/slide}
{slide=Rank B|center}
[LIST]
[/LIST]
{/slide}
{slide=Rank A|center}
[LIST]
[/LIST]
{/slide}
{slide=Rank S|center}
[LIST]
[/LIST]
{/slide}
[/accordion]

[h]~Custom Jutsu~
[/h]

[accordion=bcenter]
{slide=Rank E|center}
[LIST]
[*][B]Name: [/B](What's its name?)
[list]
[*][B]Rank:[/B]  (How strong is it. One jutsu has one rank)
[*][B]Nature:[/B] (Fire, Earth, etc)
[*][B]Description: [/B](What does it do? Try to include a weakness)
[/LIST]
[/list]
{/slide}
{slide=Rank D|center}
[LIST]
[/LIST]
{/slide}
{slide=Rank C|center}
[LIST]
[/LIST]
{/slide}
{slide=Rank B|center}
[LIST]
[/LIST]
{/slide}
{slide=Rank A|center}
[LIST]
[/LIST]
{/slide}
{slide=Rank S|center}
[LIST]
[/LIST]
{/slide}
[/accordion]

Well then, let's party. Ask me any questions ya have.

Good evening, or morning folks, I am one of your most illustrious GMs.

I would like to add another few notes.

Work hard and you will reap the rewards of your work, don't put in the work, and you will be left behind. And remember, just because you put alot of work into something not acceptable, doesn't make it otherwise.

Do so without it, and you will be automatically disqualified from the roleplay.

When you post your character, please await our judgement before posting, if you do so, this will impact your application negatively.

Due to the nature of this roleplay, and the nature of the series we intend to roleplay, we are putting a strict ruling against mary/gary sues and any who want to make their brave little genin the best damn thing since sliced bread.

Infringe upon above, and there will be no mercy.

At most you will have 2 chances, one warning, then that is it.

Posting order will be naturally forming, shotgun posts and you will be smacked with a rolled up newspaper, wait for a few people to post between each of yours so that others don't get left behind, if you and another player wish to have a large moment between you two, use a collaboration site like Etherpad or google doc to help you.

And finally, the most crucial note of all.

Even with the burning house rule in play I shall stress, please look upon your schedule for the future, please see that if you have time for this roleplay, please note if you don't TRULY feel like joining this, please see to it that you make a character you'd like to play for a very long time and are MORE than willing to talk and collaborate with others to expand and let your character flourish!

WE WILL NOT MAKE YOUR CHARACTER FOR YOU!

THERE IS MORE TO THIS RP THAN BATTLES!

DO NOT FOCUS ON BATTLES ALONE OR YOU SHALL NOT FIND ANY SUCCOR HERE!

With that said, please have a wonderful time, and remember, you get out what you put in!

Also remember, if you drop out or drag your ass it's not you who suffer, it's the people who have to wait for you.

Last edited:
And one more thing (sorry if I'm annoying you with my questions ;-; ) but does the name "Sage of Shadows", have to do with the rp? Or is it just a name? You know there's Toad sage, snake sage, etc. Is there a shadow sage in rp that is connected to the plot?

Also here, what do you mean by this?
Trying to post in the IC thread (When it's actually up) before your character's accepted. There are players that try and pull that nonsense....
Can my oc be a senju? Having inherited the latent wood release?
Gan gets final say, but I do believe there are still full Senju members running around seeing as the Uchiha were not massacred.

Black Jade Black Jade

1) You can have a Senju, but remember power level, stiiiill a genin.
2) Kage covered it. Basically get the character approved.
3) Yes, relates to the plot. Relates to Sage of Six Paths. Rest you'll see IC.

Interesting!!

I'd be really game to partake here!
We'd be willing to have you, do mind we expect great things from this, be ready to make someone you'd like to go into a long journey with for a great deal of time.

I approve of your choice of Fey, just to mention.

Understood!

I'll just have to go with my usual character archetype main: the lovable, aloof semi-asshole. I'm definitely thinking of trying out a member of the Hyuga clan for once, though!

Also best assistant, best girl.

Not even started yet and already have the Three Great Clans represented? Neat

Understood!

I'll just have to go with my usual character archetype main: the lovable, aloof semi-asshole. I'm definitely thinking of trying out a member of the Hyuga clan for once, though!

Also best assistant, best girl.
I see, so long as you create a character that you will have fun with, and be actually...

you know...

interacting with others, that'll be fine.

A reminder to folks, Ganryu Ganryu is our resident battle master, if you have any questions on jutsu and fighting, talk to him.

And yes, I am throwing Gan right under the bus for this.

I am not sorry gan.

4e4f902285dbe9fb7d8f29e9f63a16bc.png

TACTICAL BYAKUGAN RAMPAGE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back