• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Do the DMs in DnD or Pathfinder show you the character sheets for every -or hell, any- encounters? No, it ruins the suspense, drama, and fun.

Main thing, we're not here to kill your characters. Can you get injured? Oh yeah. Die? No.

There is the Monster Manual. Pathfinder had like 6 of them.

There is the Monster Manual. Pathfinder had like 6 of them.
Only cheaters look at those sheets. And only the most evil of DMs know you cheat and purposely use different sheets then the ones in the manual to purposely get you eaten for trying to cheat

KageYuuki KageYuuki See that's actually the issue, PC and monster stats are constructed differently. You don't make character sheets for monsters, unless they're super major elite-class boss monsters with PC class levels. This is sort of core to the balance of the thing because if monsters and PCs had the same statlines PCs would get shredded every time by attrition.
In D&D you can just look in the monster manual and see the average chump's entire block and roughly eyeball how things are gonna go which is actually kind of important to do if you're playing, say, a ranger.

Alright, bloody hell, it was a poor example apparently.

The answer's still no, we're not giving out sheets of whatever is being thrown at you. We're not here to kill your character. If you don't like it, no one's forcing you to stay.

I think transparency is important to running systems, but since we're not actually running in an environment where the numbers we're putting down matter I suppose it's not especially an issue either way. This does, however, raise the question of how one will dictate these "injuries" to characters if there's no objective overarching system to resolve conflicts. Is it just gonna be "I personally think that was stupid, so now your arm is broken"? Because that's, generally speaking, kind of discourteous.

Average Genin: 15 pts
Average Chunnin: 50 pts
Average Jonin: 110 pts.
Average Kage: 150 pts

Akuma come in all shapes and sizes, and more important powers. You might have a chance. ;D

Mission Ranks & Difficulty:

• D-rank - assigned to genin fresh from the Academy. They pose almost no risk to the ninja's life and usually consist of odd jobs like farming and babysitting work.
  • C-rank - assigned to more experienced genin or chūnin. They are missions with little to no chance of combat against other ninja. Examples are guarding people against bandits or highwaymen, background investigations, eliminating or capturing bandits or thieves, and capturing or suppressing wild animals.
  • B-rank - assigned to experienced chūnin. They are missions anticipated to involve combat with other ninja. Examples are guarding people, espionage, or killing other ninja.
  • A-rank - assigned to jōnin, concerning, among other things, village-or state-level matters and trends. Examples are guarding VIPs or suppressing ninja forces.
  • S-rank - assigned to experienced jōnin and concern state-level confidential matters. Examples are assassinating VIPs, and transporting highly classified documents.

I am super interested in this!
Sweet! Glad to have ya. Any questions? Anything you're thinking of running?

Ganryu Ganryu I am slightly confused with the akuma. If I'm understanding correctly they work similarly to the tailed beast? And they are still sealed in people to create jinchurikis??? And not really, I've never really done a Naruto RP so I kinda wanna make the most basic of ninja and build them up haha

Ganryu Ganryu I am slightly confused with the akuma. If I'm understanding correctly they work similarly to the tailed beast? And they are still sealed in people to create jinchurikis??? And not really, I've never really done a Naruto RP so I kinda wanna make the most basic of ninja and build them up haha
Aye, more or less. They're smaller and their chakra's more nasty, but still tailed beasts in the most basic concept. (ie creatures made entirely of chakra)

Well, we're here to answer questions

Basically we wanted more tailed beast, and not to make the same ones as in canon. So we slapped a new name on them and said basically the same. So yeah, they're basically tailed beasts in my understanding. We still have Jinches. Kage can explain a bit more on that, tbh, I'm still a bit fuzzy myself. I just like explosions and big guns.

And a basic ninja is actually still really fun and useful, hit me up with anything you need or want to know for that. We hope its a good first Naruto RP!

Ganryu Ganryu KageYuuki KageYuuki @AtlannianSpy Ayo but seriously you ever go on rpol this system looks really familiar.

Also why are we even here when kakashi can solo tho that power gap is nutso.

...Kakashi literally solo'd team 7 as they graduated the academy. And they had 1 Jinch, and an Uchiha genius. (Suppose they had one Sakura that counts against that, but we can't all be winners.)
Asuma body'd how many sound nin?

You level up in this RP.

Aight so this is less legit naruto and more rock lee's springtime of youth.
I'm super down for that, yeah.
No, this is Naruto. The Jonin can and will body any number of genin at the start. Thank goodness you won't stay genin. Its a story about your growth! The jonin don't too much grow because the RP's not too much about them and you'll catch up.

And I'm not answering because you're genuinely annoying the shit out of me. I've never been there, from Roleplayer Guild and Iwaku. I'd like to keep this to this RP and questions about it. I want to see what other people come up with, and help them with character concepts or answer questions.

Also I am gonna let you know that if/when my character does get accepted I'm a theater major apart of two major productions so during tech week for our play and spring musical I will be unable to post and I will make sure I pm those date. Just giving a heads up!

Also I am gonna let you know that if/when my character does get accepted I'm a theater major apart of two major productions so during tech week for our play and spring musical I will be unable to post and I will make sure I pm those date. Just giving a heads up!
No problem at all, just let us know and all is fine. RL > RP everytime. Only thing is its a game we try to keep fun for everyone in it, let us know an all's good.

Two very different genin with very different styles are now up, hopefully seeing the stats in use will help make them easier to understand. Also a good example of the different directions little baby genin can take.

Two very different genin with very different styles are now up, hopefully seeing the stats in use will help make them easier to understand. Also a good example of the different directions little baby genin can take.
Puns or hosting a giant malevolent being...

I'm not sure I see much a difference.

Puns or hosting a giant malevolent being...

I'm not sure I see much a difference.
I'd say one is a punch above the rest. Quite an explosive backstory with the one and plenty of stitches holding them together from having one beast of a future to come! i'm sure little Sachi will really Puntificate her beliefs and give Kuri plenty of puntifiul tails

If there's room for the RP, I am interested in joining.

Are we supposed to make a character, or is there stuff we do beforehand?

Read up on everything, ask questions if you've got 'em, and make a character really.

Apparently need to just link this here 'bout kicking people:

Nasty little mod business can be put aside, and I can get on with my life RP'ing. Everyone whistle a happy tune. Hear there's someone interested in Floral release. That should be interesting.

Got a fungal release coming, floral, Explosion (can't use it), Rock Lee trope, meteor hammer with glasses, and a med jinch. Interesting line up so far.

Hey maybe I'd join and do a beat boxing ninja who unleashes a bunch of puns.... *Stares* I SEE WHAT YOU DID NOW Ganryu Ganryu ! I SEE YOUR EVIL SCHEME TO KEEP A RAPPIN NINJA OUT BY TAKING HIS PUNS!

Hey maybe I'd join and do a beat boxing ninja who unleashes a bunch of puns.... *Stares* I SEE WHAT YOU DID NOW Ganryu Ganryu ! I SEE YOUR EVIL SCHEME TO KEEP A RAPPIN NINJA OUT BY TAKING HIS PUNS!
Or just didn't want me bringing the otter puns back.

Might try a Yamamoto peep, what elements are we saying make up crystal release? Wiki just says earth is probably in there somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back