• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Is the current stuff the full extent of the mechanics, or is this a WIP?
The mechanics page is the full breakdown of how stats and jutsu are going to be handled. If you have other questions, feel free to ask here or on the discord

Aight.
How are passive jutsus costed and what's the base resolution mechanic for contested actions?
Roll a 1d20 (joking)

Jutsu cost depends entirely on its rank. So you'll need to talk to us about what you have in mind so we can rank it accordingly.
You RP it out basically. Though stats will play somewhat into it. For example, if you're sparring another player in taijutsu and they have the higher stat, they're going to have the advantage. Worst case, a GM will make the decision.

So it's all fiat?
1579133078174.png

Its a RP. The stats are a guideline and show growth. As far as who wins in a fight or a contest, it's about making a good story. Try to make both characters look good. The stats are where people are good at and a good guideline though.

You have someone who sucks at taijutsu, you go bully the person who's amazing at it? Probably getting clocked out.

However, during a story point, you're taking on someone so much stronger than you, better in every category, and risk it all for a strike, are you always going to lose? Hell no, that's good writing there.

PvP is rare anyways, its normally PvE. You fight against people the GM gives, for story. You're stats say you're good at ninjutsu? Congradulations, you're good at ninjutsu, we expect it to be awesome in the fight.

Oh, he is?
I thought he was just some guy backseat GMing my bad guy.
For the record, how many GMs does this game have?

If the stats have no conflict resolution, no real grounding system or point of comparison and can be ignored whenever convenient that IS basically just running on fiat though.

SELECT rp AS fiat FROM naruto: song of rage WHERE gm<>care;
#It is now a fiat.

Any, like, system questions (my area), lore questions, or anything else? Happy to answer questions on where we're going or the like. I'm running a knife thrower. I'd throw it up in the thread, but know Kage wants top three spots in the roster to be for the jonin, then the chars we're having fun with.

What's everyone else doing?

Last edited:
So we all agree the system is just bigger number wins except when GM says it doesn't? Cool, just so long as we're on the same page.
What's the average enemy character spread?

Also, a further question for KageYuuki KageYuuki
If there are four big dick super ninjas, which are presumably GMPCs, are there also four GMs? In which case, what are their usernames and roles in this game?
And, finally, are those four the only admin staff here, or are there additional members and, if so, what are their names as well?

Just so it doesn't go unnoticed, because this is something I want to know too, another question was asked which was: What would the average enemy ninja's stats look like? Though I guess it's just as much as asking for an example sheet.

Just so it doesn't go unnoticed, because this is something I want to know too, another question was asked which was: What would the average enemy ninja's stats look like? Though I guess it's just as much as asking for an example sheet.
That's going to vary wildly from situation to situation. Just like in the series, sometimes it was characters equal in skill, fellow genin, other times it was jounin or even S Ranks like Orochimaru.

Well, you've got the three Jonin, and then the token overpowered main character type.
That's four super ninjas.
There will be no OP genin.

Do the DMs in DnD or Pathfinder show you the character sheets for every -or hell, any- encounters? No, it ruins the suspense, drama, and fun.

Main thing, we're not here to kill your characters. Can you get injured? Oh yeah. Die? No.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back