• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Village Hidden in the Leaves

Kaida- Squad Five.

Kaida sighed when she heard her teacher ask which one of them would be going first. She was about to offer to do it, but then Yukari stepped up and made things much more simple by simply looking with her Byakugan.
"Good thinking, Yukari. Definitely don't want to go in blind. If there is chakra in the webs, that will most likely make them more difficult to get rid of in some way...and if I gambled, I'd bet a good amount of Ryo that our target, or at least some sort of clue, is in that tunnel."

Kaida grabbed a nearby rock, threw it into the air, then made the following handseals in the displayed order.

Monkey-Rat-Snake.

"Earth Release: Rock Section Cane."

Kaida caught the rock and it converted itself into a staff about the right size for her, though the way the ends of it look, it would almost make more sense to call it a javelin. (Seriously, look at the picture. It looks like a double-ended javelin)

"I'm also willing to bet whatever made those webs is going to be hostile."

KageYuuki KageYuuki Kimiwriter Kimiwriter Orikanyo Orikanyo

Sei Teshima, Squad 5

Kuro stretched out, balancing on Sei's shoulder, flicking his tongue out at the web covered house. "I concur with Yukari," he said after a few more flicks, "no mammalss at least." He coiled back around her neck. "Try to keep the webs off me."

"No promises." Sliding a kunai from her pouch, Sei followed Yukari into the house. The inside was hard to call a house. Furniture was coated in delicate white spider silk, ranging from a coating to a lump that might have been a chair or a table at one point. The floor was sticky and Sei moved slowly, curling her toes in her shoes as she peeled each foot up and crept further into the house. Webs dangled down from ceiling. Batting them away from her face, Sei moved into the room with the tatami mats. It was just like Yukari had described it, but there was something . . . odd.

"What is that?" Looking around the bare room, she tried to place the familiar feeling. "Do you feel it?" She turned to her teammate.

Before them, the tatami mats sagged slightly.

"Is that the tunnel?" She knelt to examine it, careful to keep away from the edge. The familiar, eerie feeling was stronger now. It was almost like . . . "Sensei. That thing in the teapot wasn't from this world, was it?" She had a feeling she knew the answer.

KageYuuki KageYuuki Orikanyo Orikanyo Spemout Spemout

Aiko Uchiha
Squad 6

Aiko watched for a few moments as Mai dashed off to plant seeds. It seemed like she was going right towards the mine. She must be going for the seed locations that were very close to the mine. "She'd better not mess up and just waltz right into the mine or something..." Aiko muttered to herself. She briefly looked at the map, then looked at Ukita before saying, "I'll take the farther off locations," then she grabbed some seeds, turned, and jumped into the trees. As she hopped and dashed atop the tree branches and occasionally on the ground.

The farthest seed location was a bit farther than she had thought, and by the time she reached it, she was sweating a bit. Wiping her forehead with the back of her hand, she took a few moments to catch her breath before she pulled a single seed out of a pouch on her thigh, and slid it into the ground. Now, she'd work her way towards the spot sensei had marked for them to meet at when they finished. It'd be wise to keep an eye out for any bandits that just happen to be wandering around. Getting ambushed by some unwashed brute would be annoying.

Hideki Ukita
Squad 6
(To lazy to color~!)
The others went to work without issue, though Mai.. Mai was always a worry. "I'll take the ones nearest to us and back up the others... In case anything goes down." he said that, but it was largely keep an eye on Mai. For good reason, because he knew, not matter what they said, no matter what they did, no matter how much rope they use to stop her.

She will find a way.

Mai always finds a way.

And with that, he set off to work, as usual he would do his work quickly and thoroughly, it was his job and he may as well see it to completion. He found little resistance during it though, planting seeds was easy, especially when you could simply just.. toss it there. Though he did wonder what the finished product will look like when it was grown, guess he'd have to hope Mai doesn't do something stupid for him to see that happen...

Regardless, with his seeds in place he set off to find Mai. Which was easy enough, considering the fact he could remember her face lighting up when she noticed a part of the mine's map labeled "Danger." it was like watching a kid in a convenience store suddenly noticing they were nearing the candy shelf. That little shred of hope, followed occasionally by begging. Most often also followed by a stern "No." Which in this case, nobody was around for her to do said no...

Well, he figured it wouldn't help, she was already scorned enough, the dam was about to burst anyways.

All he had to do is figure out just how that dam was gona burst by getting to the hole.

A few seconds later, the young man's answer was found, the echoes coming from the hole told wonders of what transpired, and also told him that the young woman was about to get somebody, or herself, or both, killed. "...Well.. i.. got this far... what do i do now?' he wondered to himself, thinking of what possibly he could do to solve this... new situation! if went and told his sensei, that'd be wasted time he could use to grab Mai. If he went to grab Aiko, that'd also be a waste of valuable time as he'd need to find her, wherever that girl was. Not like he memorized where the other points were!

"...Well.. I.. guess she'll be fine... Sensei is my best bet here." the young man sighed again, heading off to hunt for their wayward teacher.

KOMA AND GANG
VS
THE 8 LEGGED BANDITS!
KageYuuki KageYuuki Kimiwriter Kimiwriter Spemout Spemout
"So we have some brave hearts, good! Don't let a few poisonous spiders push you away! And I must congratulate you even more Sei, for this is, INDEED, another realm. You two wouldn't have experienced it yet, but image a place that is and is not real, at the same time, and filled with it's own little... Ah you'll understand it soon, come now! We have a hole to enter~!" Koma seemed to more or less stride through the stick spider webs as he made his way you his genin's find.

"Yep, most definitely a arachnophobic's hell in there, best you all keep your hoods or whatever you have up, lest one of these things gets in your hair. Speak of the devil, Yukari, one on your blind spot." he pointed to the young lady before hopping down into the tunneled out area beneath the floor, making the sound of several squishes and the tightening of thousands of webs under strain of his weight.

The tunnel seemed to stretch on, rounding a corner but nonetheless was filled to the brim with sounds of incessant skittering and chatters of the various creatures below. A horrid realm of web and hair limbs lay beyond.. But beyond... the glint of victory!!

Or at least, a returnable tea pot, but naturally that glint is also metaphorical.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once inside the tunnel, Koma jabbed his staff into a nearby mess of spider webs, pulling out a large, now dead, strangely shaped spider. It was all the same you'd expect of a... gigantic spider, until it came to the abdomen of the beast. It's hindquarters was that of another old tea pot, yet it was broken now, due to a staff being lodged right into it. "Not mine, but it seems our little friends are collecting more pots to make friends. Perhaps it is best to note these creatures tend to horde such things, though anything that has a slight sparkle could tickle their fancy... While we are down here, perhaps it is best to keep an eye out, you never know what treasures we're stolen by this little creatures. Better in our hands then their hair legs... To return or keep, that is up to your own conscious. Don't feel bad about pocketing a few coins, all I'm saying."

He shook the arachnid off, causing a small shower of coins to fall out of the broken pot before the body it'self seems to disappear into a small purple mist, leaving behind the desecrated tea pot.

Right to the point it seems, but indeed the tunnels did hold treasures, and beyond the entrance holds various pathways moving forwards, three to be exact that come into view below.

With the powers over sight that be, the flow of chakra flows mostly into the right most tunnel, where the webs flow thickest.

The center tunnel shows the least amount of activity, perhaps might be he safer route through.

The left most tunnel shows moderate in both regards, but shows drag marks of something heavy moving, or being moved, down that way.

"My oh my.. which way to pick? this is your show my dears. I'll let you decide. It is your mission after all... Only advice I shall give, is that you shouldn't split up. Genin you may be, but alone you will be eaten... and/or robbed. "

(treasure and spoils await you, or good will should the stolen things be returned. Some things large, some things small, choose right and you will be rewarded quite handily. or perhaps you wish to move quickly to the end? the spiders being to... creepy, for you. This is a one time run, make the best of it, but know you only get one chance each intersection, if you choose we can do it as a vote which way to go in the discord, or roleplay it out. The path to treasure is not always to easy to spot, and tricks and traps are always possible.

Make your choice as a group, but do not dare split up.

I you wish to see something as treasure, feel free to hit me up, I have my own ideas of course. Do note I like silly ideas more then self serving ones. And it must have a shiny part, to draw their many eyes. )

Last edited:
Kaida- Squad 5

Kaida crouched down and picked up the coins that fell from the slain 'pot-spider', as she mentally dubbed it as such.

"Hmm...it'd probably be a waste of time to decide what to do with everything as we find it, so maybe we should collect as much as we can find, then discuss what to do with everything once we finish up in here."

Kaida thought for a bit, then stood back up, putting the coins in an empty pouch, obviously thinking about something. "

You know...this reminds me about a story my father told me about: When he was still in a genin squad he was cleaning out a basement for a D-Rank when he found an old katana that the client said he could have. To this day my father still uses that katana over any other sword..."

Kaida shook her head. "In any case...I think we should go to the right. With the amount of webs, it's likely the most spiders are there, and the more of them we kill now, the less of them we'll have to deal with if the target decides to call all of them into wherever he is. Of course, that's assuming he can do that, but honestly, I'd rather make sure he can't and it turns out he couldn't anyways than not doing it and leaving it up to chance."

Orikanyo Orikanyo KageYuuki KageYuuki Kimiwriter Kimiwriter

The right path.

"Is that you decision hmm?"

Following the mass amounts of webs, the young genin followed the path to the right, sticky step after sticky step the group went down the way with slight difficulty, the tangles of webbing and strands dancing along the surface of the tunnel.

This, tied with a rocky surface, made an uneven path, causing progress to be slow and frustrating as if one was walking through a sticky, tread covered, rocky, swamp.

The chakra continued to pulse down the way, the sounds of skittering could be heard in good numbers, on the far edge of her sight, Yukari could see legs skittering about in the darkness, going in and out of sight to fast to count. But with one more step forward, there was a pause in the skittering steps beyond... Silence... A silence that held a thick sense of foreboding, a calm before a skittering, and at times glistening, storm.

"..Well, a small caveat with your plan.. Should you intend to deal with a threat before it starts to muster, you must of course destroy them. I hope you all are ready." their jonin warned, rubbing his fingers along the part of the staff his hand lay upon.

And with his words coming to an end...

A horrific display of skittering limbs and raised fangs came rushing towards the ground! 8 in total, each with a different choice of pottery upon their behind. Three leapt forwards upon the genin up front, as 3 others climbed up the walls to go around the group, possibly to escape, or to surround them, they could not guess.

The final two are farther back, watching and waiting for the right time to strike!

You have angered the nest, like it or not, they know you are here.

(These are simple beasts, deal with them as you may, they each have but a pittance of money within, but one holds a neat little treasure, should you get the right one. Their main goal is to bite, overwhelm and ultimately eat you. And steal your shit. But that should be the least of your worries.)

"Oi! Mr. Senju! Are you listening to me? I think there are shinobi hiding in the trees up ahead!" The Old man driving the caravan practically whined. The team had already been walking for a few miles with the Geezer and his measly wagon. Hotaru had been sitting inside for most of the mission already, maybe it were time Mako addressed that.

"Ashi, you're in charge. I'll be right back," Mako said, he was clearly caught up with something else and with a flicker of his body, he was gone.

Mako reappeared yards away inside of the forest that paralleled the trail the caravan was currently taking. With a quick movement of his hands, two wooden clones sprouted from his body. One heading back to the genin, the other taking off with Mako into a different direction.

"Alright guys, I'm currently surveying the area. We're clear for now, but stay on your guard alright?" Clone Mako said to his genin as he arrived. At their current level, they shouldn't have been able to distinguish the wooden clone from the original Mako, but his goal wasn't to confuse them. It was to keep them safe from whatever it was that was after the old man.

"Guess it isn't him."

"Nope, but there are a few bandits waiting around the bend."

"We can let the genin handle them."

Mako was speaking to himself. Well more specifically the wood clone that appeared beside him.

loyalwolf loyalwolf Hanarei Hanarei AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

Ashi (Tsukiashi) Inuzuka
Squad 7

Ashi continued to walk forward, keeping up her general attempt to come off as tough. She remained at attention, not paying perhaps as much attention as she should be not bothering to think to use her nose to sniff out any threats nor paying half the attention she should in observing her surroundings. Her desire to stand out and try and get recolonization tended to be counterproductive in her actual attempts to act as a successful shinobi, further aided by a bit of her own rather careless nature. For her she was working on the big picture rather then focusing on what was right before her.

Ashi blinked as she looked to her sensei putting on a scowl in her rebellious attempt against him only for it to change quickly into a rather perplexed and dumbfounded look. In charge? It wasn't hard to tell just how thrown off she was not expecting to hear such a thing as she lost her composure completely. The dog girl shook her head, trying to straighten herself out looking on only to see their sensei had vanished so quickly. She scratched at her cheek, suddenly snapping back to attention a second time quickly crossing her arms attempting to play off the fact she had been left confused.

"Ah, y... yes! You better do as a say, I'll make sure we get the job done!" She spoke attempting to gloat although her words didn't sound completely convincing even to herself as she tried to fumble with what had just happened that left her in charge of the team. As puzzled as she was by it, she would make sure she did the job right!

She watched as their Sensei's clone returned, unaware of it not being their actual teacher. It was something that Ashi could likely pick up with her nose, though she still hadn't thought about using it. She nodded at his words seeming a bit more receptive to him after being given the reigns over the team, even if it was likely only a temporary thing for Ashi. She shuffled forward looking back and giving the others a thumbs up.

"Alrighty! You both cover my back, I'll keep up in the lead and if we come upon anyone, I'll smack em! You guys just watch." She spoke out quiet loudly pointing to herself half paying attention as she walked forward.

loyalwolf loyalwolf Retro-Grey Retro-Grey AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

Hotaru Hagano
-Team Mako-

"Aye, aye Commander!" replied Hotaru with a mock salute, scrambling out of the caravan and stretching her arms. If their temporary leader wanted to be the first one to walk into amy nasty surprises that was fine woth Hotaru. It was starting to get a little cramped anyway and now that she had discreetly surveyed the contents of the caraven it was less interesting. Conclusions? Anybody after this junk was likely to be pretty small time. Also why was Tsukiashi in charge? Hotaru was clearly the best choice but she would have at least understood Kuren, putting Ashi in charge seemed like asking for trouble. Maybe it was because Ashi had a similar way of thinking to Mako sensei, they were both direct and proactive.

Hotaru decided to keep her misgivings to herself though. Squabbling over who was in charge would be a bad look and could even be dangerous if something actually happened. Makorama would just say something like "The fact that you don't understand why I didn't pick you is the reason I didn't pick you," Hotaru knew when to pick her battles, besides she owed Mako sensei for letting her take it easy in the caravan so she wasn't in a position to quibble.

More interesting then politics was the moth that had just returned to her. Hotaru outstretched a finger for the creature to land on and watched intently as its wings fluttered in a particular pattern.

Nothing so far, should I extend the radius?

The further away Hotaru sent her moths the more ground they'd cover and the more likely they'd be to detect any incoming threat. But the further away Hotaru the moths ranged the longer they'd take to convey the infornation back to her, increasing the likelihood that something would slip through her perimeter. The moths relayed messages by fluttering their wings in particular patterns, any moths that saw this pattern repeated it and so it would spread and eventually make its way back to Hotaru, the more moths around to repeat the pattern the faster it would spread but if the moths were more spread out then it would take longer.

Ultimately Hotaru decided her current range probably struck the best balance, hopefully her efforts were also being supplemented by her teammates. Kuren looked fairly alert and diligent but she didn't know if he had any particular aptitude for sensory jutsu. Weren't Inuzuka supposed to be good at that though? Hopefully their esteemed acting squad leader was onto that.

"see anything cool?" asked Hotaru suddenly, sidling up beside Ashi with an innocent, but inquisitive expression. It probably wouldn't hurt to plant the thought in her mind, Hotaru reasoned.

Retro-Grey Retro-Grey Hanarei Hanarei loyalwolf loyalwolf

Sei Teshima, Squad 5

Sei shuddered. Insects usually didn't bother her. In fact, a lot of them were useful in the garden. And normally she wouldn't hurt a spider. Under these circumstances, though. . . The oversized spiders were bad enough, but to have them actually intelligent enough to skitter above and behind them, like they had some kind of plan of attack? Think. How do we deal with these things? And what about the others? I'm sure these aren't the only spiders nearby. If these things are intelligent, then showing all of our cards isn't a good idea.
Moving between her teammates, she crouched and began gathering her chakra. It would take a few minutes to get enough under control. "I'll try a genjutsu on them. See if you can take them out from there." Weaving hand signs, she focused on the spiders. Hazy Genjutsu!
The webs swirled around them, turning into a blurry, moving mass. Vertigo surrounded the closest spiders. What should be up was now sideways and there was no beginning or end. The world spun for them, like a fair ride designed to make people sick. The spider's slowed their advance, gingerly testing the webs before them with their long legs before moving forward. It's not working. Sei felt her chakra waver and the swirling slowed.
"Hurry up! I can't . . . hold it. . . for very long." Gritting her teeth, she glared up at the spiders over her head, willing the genjutsu to hold. It was steadily weakening. "Are you two going to help or not?!"

Spemout Spemout KageYuuki KageYuuki Orikanyo Orikanyo

Kurēn was rather pleased that the mission was going so smoothly for the team. Overall, it wasn’t challenging, but it was a good start to bond as a team and show how proficient they were at completing simple missions. Still from the look of Kurēn’s face one could not tell he had any real opinion about anything. Unlike the caravan owner, who seemed to be worried about enemy ninja’s. This man should really try to relax. After all, if an enemy can see your emotions and worry then they can take advantage of them. That’s when sensei Mako went to go scout out the area ahead of them. Kurēn mood quickly changes, ever so slightly. "Ashi, you're in charge.” Was the one phrase that kept replaying in his head. Not only did Kurēn feel unhappy with the choice but slightly offend that he would pick the member that tried to attack him. The member of the team that disrespected his role as a teacher and their squad leader. This greatly bothered Kurēn but he just bottled up his emotions and negative feelings. Right now, it's better to be a member of a successful team than leader of one that fails. That was how he rationed his feelings about the current situation

He took one look at Ashi as she tried to take command of the group and for the first time since he meet the group there was a physical frown on his face. “Ashi, I think its best if we work as a team to complete this mission. After all, a good leader work with his team and treat them like equals. Someone who pushes his commanders a side is not worthy of being the leader of a squad.” Kuren showed how straightforward he is but he wasn’t trying to cut ashi down but he would not let her do as she pleased. Even if she was the temporary leader. after all following a blind captain to your death is just unintelligent.

Kuren could tell that Hotaru was busy trying to push ashi in the right direction as a leader and trying to keep a perimeter with her Jutsu. Before this mission kuren was trying to learn a jutsu his ancestors used where they tapped into the Mycorrhizal network to have a greater sense of perception but he has yet to figure out how it works. So for now he had to focus on his senses and so far he couldn’t pick up on anything out of place. so he was trusting his two teammates who had better perception then him to warn him of any incoming enemy. still kuren put his guard up. The fact that mako felt the need to break from the group and scout ahead means he was troubled by something or he picked up on something. He drew his tessen fans and readied them in case something unexpected happened. these were his main weapons. his right fan was named Shi adn his left fan was name Gensui. he was ready to put them to use and have them give meaning to there names.
Retro-Grey Retro-Grey Hanarei Hanarei AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

Squad 3 Mission
The Beast

Kiyoshi was blistering. Angry. Disgusted. He was tired of being shrugged off. By his peers, by his sensei, by the village. He was tired of it all. But seeing Tsushima, destroyed, desolate, the opposite of what it once was. It was more than infuriating, it was devastating.

At first glance it didn’t seem so bad, but the further he walked into the village, the worse it got. There was once an old woman who would build kites for the children, what once was her shop, was now a charred piece of earth. “Dad owns one of her kites.”

The words were awkward, they didn’t deserve to be said, to be spoken aloud. Not in the state Kiyoshi was in. His feet stopped by themselves when his eyes recognized another place that held memories. It was a pink building that was painted with the crimson of blood.

“How does it feel? To know all of this was your fault!”
The dark voice within said, the silence within having been broken.

“I didn’t do this, but I swear that whoever did will die by my own hand.”
The vow was eerily calm and spoken with a ferocity that couldn’t have been more genuine.

There was a spread out number of men, all carrying a similar item. Something Kiyoshi could barely make out from the distance he was standing at. Those men weren’t from this village. None of them were. He could tell. He felt it in his gut.

“What did you do?! What did you do with them all?!”
Kiyoshi practically screeched as he stomped forward.

Cautiously, somewhat unsure for once, Koutaku followed his friend from a safe distance, not really certain as to how to deal with him. He kept an eye out, noticing the far off men...who were then likely alerted by Kiyoshi’s screaming. If that wasn’t alarming enough to Koutaku, there had also been Kiyoshi talking to himself...as if someone was in his head, as if he were seeing things that weren’t there.

A genjutsu perhaps? No, no there hadn’t been a chance to catch him in one, not that he could think of at least. Plus, what was that chakra that was coming off of his fellow genin? “Kiyoshi...maybe it’s not such a good idea to call out to them. They look out of place, maybe...maybe they’re related to those bandits.” While he wasn’t afraid of dealing with the bandits he had noted that they were down a sensei and a member of their team--which was more than a little worrisome seeing as the other member of his team was acting...strangely to say the least.

“What did these people ever do to you?!”
Kiyoshi yelled before launching himself into a very sloppy sprint. He readied his hands into a claw-like fashion before shooting his entire body at the person nearest to him.

It happened in an instant, the boy was on top of a man, savagely beating him. Whatever morals Kiyoshi had had before, were gone. He went on a rampage, leaving the workers beaten nearly to death for what they had done.

Coming up from the shaft below, screaming was heard as the guard finally got off their rear end as several miners were beaten near to death.

“Oi, what do you think you’re doing? Do you know how hard it’ll be to keep to threaten these guys with people like you running about?”

One of the guard to emerge had a headband with the village scratched out, the Hidden Stone Village. He moved slightly woozily.

“Rest of ya keep the shaft going, we don’t get into that room by the time boss comes back, she ain’t gunna be happy. Remember last time ya’ll messed up?”

Half of the people outside shuddered, including the miners, who seemed to actually be hostages more than anything. One sight of Ko angry was enough for a lifetime. The drunk rogue nin walked towards the two slowly, almost appearing like he COULDN’T move fast. Each step he took left a crater near abouts.

“What you brats want? I know there are two more somewhere. Ya Leaf cowards ne’er go anywhere alone. Wanta beating? Papa’ll give it to you.”

He threw his sake jar at Kiyoshi, not even questioning the demonic aura. He hadn’t yet caught sight of Koutaku. A panicked retreat into the mine left the area near barren, some of the injured miner’s crawling towards the hole.

Koutaku’s look of worry deepened into a proper frown as he watched the scene unfold, unsure of what to do. He honestly hadn’t noticed the difference between the two--so shocked by Kiyoshi’s behavior was he. Then one of the bandits broke things up somewhat...but it was honestly worse news than before. The bandit was a former shinobi.

Koutaku narrowed his eyes and flicked a finger, drawing a kunai with a chakra string in a flash of movement. He, at a moderate pace as the miners and bandits retreated, made his way to some cover and then began sneaking between areas that blocked the bandit’s line of sight, moving silently and low to the ground so as to draw as little attention as possible.

He was making his way closer. If he was going to have to work with Kiyoshi in this state he had to assume his teammate was going to be violent and...well, not terribly receptive. Thus he’d have to use Kiyoshi as bait--which pained him. He hadn’t noticed that his other hand was clenched into a fist and that he had clenched his jaw.

This sucked.

“Kill him,”
the voice said softly in Kiyoshi’s ears, it seemed they had reached a sort of mutual ground. Having both want the same thing. The jar of sake hit Kiyoshi dead in the chest, but he didn’t move an inch. He looked down as the liquid began to evaporate.

“Leave now, or I’ll make you,”

The rogue nin swayed slightly, not really too perturbed.

“I-I’d love to, not a lovely place here. Got blown to kingdom come weeks ago. But we got a job to do, and you beating our hosta- workers isn’t appreciated, savvy? So, why don’t ya -hiccup- put on ya bigboy pants, and skidattle. I, uh, got to get a belt if ya don’t. So hiya.”

He made a whipping motion with his hands, and suddenly, nothing happened, except a drunk man striking the air.

“Hiya!”

He repeated with no effect.

“Alright, alright. So, yeah, I’m going to deal with you so hard.”

He rushed forward, swaying as he ran. He tripped on a long sleeve as he ran at Kiyoshi, toppling forward beneath the lad. Despite the awkward position, his foot slammed up during the fall, ‘accidentally’ kicking straight at Kiyoshi’s genitalia, with enough force to shatter stone, or in this case, stones.

“You’re pathetic,”
The young blond said to the man on the floor before him. Kiyoshi had jumped back to avoid his gonads from being pretty much demolished, but he was still just as angry, if not, more now. His eyes, now slitted, were focused on the drunk before him.

“Go die somewhere else old man.”

With that, Kiyoshi grabbed a hold of the man’s ankle and threw him far off to the side, away from the boy’s conquest.

“Just a little more…”
The dark voice chided Kiyoshi forward. At this point, the chakra began to manifest itself into the shape, growing denser as the genin continued on.

The man was flung a little less than a third the distance Kiyoshi had planned. Picking him up, he was like a rock, weighing several times more than he should have. He panicked as he was lifted, suddenly screaming. Landing in the distance, he formed a crater where he landed.

He got up still with panic in his voice.

“Oi, how the bloody hell did you do that? With my Added-Weight Rock technique no little punk should be able to do that….”

He looked closely at Kiyoshi, holding his hand to his eyes.

“Wait…. That chakra. It kinda looks like that Bijuu that attacked here. Feels like it too. Man was that thing angry, sent one blast at the center of town, and boom, no town! Hey, kid, you blow up this town? Cause that’d suck for me. Means I’d have to try a bit til boss got back here to handle you. Wait…. Bijuu chakra’s gotta be worth a lot! I bet you’re worth a lifetime supply of sake!”

The man started to laugh. He reached for a sake jar, unable to find it at his side. With a disappointed sigh, he began several handsigns, his skin darkening as he approached at a running gait, his feet sinking in the earth at every step.

Seeing that things were getting...well, very much out of hand, Koutaku performed handseals. Immediately the air around his teammate vacated the premises as he positioned a cylindrical vacuum, aimed at about a 20 degree angle upwards.

“Shinkū-shitsu(真空室 'Vacuum chamber').”

Then, pouring twice the necessary chakra into the technique, he amplified the strength of the wind’s velocity that was being channeled around the vacuum, and then in one burst he released it. With Kiyoshi standing at the “back” of the vacuum he would be struck--with tremendous force--by a blast of wind that was twice as strong as what would normally be capable of sending an object of 300 lbs or less twenty meters. With the chakra used doubled it would be sending him about 40 and with how fast the technique worked, there wouldn’t be enough time for Kiyoshi to get out of the vacuum before the “canon” was, so to speak, loaded and then released.

Once Kiyoshi had been sent flying--back into the treeline by a generous amount, and carried by the momentum through the air even further than the technique would normally carry someone, Koutaku felt the drain and knew he had to get the hell out of there. So, knowing he needed to conserve chakra, he used the transformation technique...and turned into a mouse. He then channeled chakra through his body, using wind affinity and the cover of rubble and grass to retreat and find his teammate. Hopefully, Kiyoshi would be largely uninjured...but maybe knocked out of whatever state he’d been entering. Something about Bijuu chakra, the man had said.

Not a good sign, that was for sure.

Kiyoshi couldn’t begin to explain the anger he felt boil inside him. At first it was a growing pain that generally impaired his psyche, but now Kiyoshi was gone. Anger was all that remained. Sound was white-noise, and all of his vision was filtered through rage-induced red.

“I’M GOING TO FUCKING END Y—”,
the boy was cut off by an expulsion of air. A blast powerful enough to send him off into the treeline.

If there were anymore of an edge, this surely would’ve sent Kiyoshi miles off. His body splintered the trunk of each tree he managed to have come in contact with and by the time his body landed, there was a clear path leading to where his body laid.

“Son of a bitch…”
The blast did its number on his body, he could hardly breathe without feeling a sharp pain, but the chakra that surrounded him seemed to be healing his body as he stood. As Kiyoshi stood, the cloak that surrounded him finally took a tangible shape.

“I’m done taking shit. I’ll end this all right now!”

Kiyoshi charged forward at speeds too intense for his current rank, it was like his speed had doubled in this single moment. The next time Kiyoshi appeared, he was in the air, his hands in the Tiger hand sign.

“BURN!” The airborne genin yelled as a volley of fireballs rained from above. Normally when performing the Phoenix Sage Fire jutsu, the flames were usually small, but now they were almost comparable to the size of a Great Fireball. Not to mention that instead of scattering, the flames were almost all honing in on the drunk man beneath Kiyoshi.

As Kiyoshi finished his jutsu, a fan struck him in the air, before he could close too much distance.

“Blood Seal: Ama-no-Iwato”

Umichi stood on the ground, slowly weaving handsigns. As soon as he managed to finish the jutsu on the man, she finished hers, blood would explode from the genin at the impact point. The blood would start to cycle back into him, in a painful motion, forming what looked like a sphere around him. It rapidly spun before returning to his body, dropping him.

Beneath, the man screamed after the fireballs struck. He was still cursing after the impact. Umichi called back to Koutaku.

“Good thinking. If you hadn’t stunned him and moved him away, I couldn’t have connected”

She lost all sing song in her voice, holding her side in pain. One arm hung uselessly to the side, and her fan was smashed. Umichi honestly felt like she was going to fall over at any moment. With the swearing still in the background, she grabbed her fan out the air as it fell.

“We succeeded in the mission, we found what had happened to the village, and what’s going on. We need to get out before that woman returns. Hold on to me. Koutaku, this is a jutsu you should be able to do something similar to later I believe. That jutsu you used on Kiyoshi looked like it has a lot of uses.”

Umichi would hold her fan to the ground, forming a sphere of water under everyone, and flicking it off to the distance, would form a bullet she would ride while trying to hold onto the genin.

-----Later that night----
Umichi finally had to rest in the forest a few miles away from the town they’d seen, collapsing against a tree.

“If I hear any cracks about me being lazy, I’ll send you not to Amaratsu, nor Tsukiyomi, but straight to Izanami.”

She moaned a bit before ‘sheathing’ her water fan. The other cloth sheath was empty.

“Alright, I have something important to tell you two, so shut up and listen. It hurts to talk with a few broken ribs, but this is top priority. We’re far enough away they won’t chase us, I’m sure of that. Now, this is the most important damned story in your life, and you might have heard part of it.

“The first is about beasts that rampaged across the land. Nine of them, each with a differing number of tails, fittingly called the tailed beasts. Like demons, they destroyed all in their wake. Some say they are a punishment from the Gods for man stealing chakra. Of the beasts, one was a fox spirit, with nine tails. It was said when he shook his tails, mountains crumbled, the seas raged, and villages folded. Initially, ninjas were helpless against these monsters. To kill them would have them only return a few years later, and the casualties were enormous. The first hokage discovered a way to stop them, to put a halt to their rampages, and there was peace. Because of that, the ninja villages were able to form. I know you’ve heard that, but that’s half the story. How did he do that? Why do you still hear of disasters when they are supposed to have stopped?

“The Hokage didn’t stop using them, he instead sealed their power into various individuals, and the other kages that came after stole his technique. By sealing a beast into a human, a weapon is formed, a Jinchuurikii. Their chakra melds with the beast’s, and becomes enormous. However, if anything, anything at all goes wrong, such as intense rage, the Tailed Beast can begin to break free, to influence its hosts, and, at worst, break its restraints. If it does so, the host dies, and another tragedy occurs. It was discovered that if a Tailed Beast is sealed into a child or baby, their chakra will meld much easier, and the chance of the beast escaping is greatly reduced. Sometimes, they don’t even know they ARE a jinchuuriki. In the Hidden Leaf, the Nine Tailed Fox escaped the last Jinchuuriki about 12 years ago. The Hokage, and a few others captured and sealed it. I watched. I got hurt. It was horrifying, I never wanted to deal with a Tailed Beast again. Then the old man assigned me you lot. You ain’t that dumb, you can figure out the rest of the story, can’t you, beast.”

Umichi gave a bloody cough. Her lungs were on fire, why the hell was she putting up so much effort for these brats? Thinking about it, it was probably because she would have wanted to know when she was being trained.

“And there’s a new part to this tale. The last part is classified. This part is TOP secret. Tell a soul alive you even know about it and I swear I’ll introduce you to Izanami tonight. Several years ago, something changed. It's normal every few generation for a Tailed Beast to escape. One there, two there, it's a disaster, but the villages deal with it. However, almost every single village began to lose control. Their Tailed Beast broke free, and ran away from our control. First the One-Tailed Shukaku, then the Three Tailed, then everyone except for three remaining Jinchuuriki. Most of the senior Jonin, probably your parents, if you have any, have been sent out to monitor them, to see where they are going. They’ve just been wandering around, far less violent than normal. And the Fox, the Fox will probably try and break free and kill its host again. It would really suck to be in the squad when that happens, won’t it? That’s why I got promoted to Jonin, because I managed to learn a seal that’s pretty effective at controlling their hosts. That’s all I got for the moment, don’t you dare tell a soul you have that info.”

Koutaku nodded, having quietly listened the entire time, almost his entire focus on Umichi. At the same time everything that had happened in the last while began to make more sense. He felt bad, but he was also very glad he’d thought to use his technique on Kiyoshi, for even if he was somewhat battered...he was at least alive, they were both alive.

He frowned, glanced at Kiyoshi for a long moment, as if thinking, and then he stood up from where he’d been sitting and jumped up into the treeline. “I’ll take first watch. Umichi...thanks. Rest up so we can get more distance later,” he said, though his tone was soft, respectful.

He didn’t look at Kiyoshi, but he would talk to him later, for while a small kernal of fear ate at him, he would not let it control him, and he would not lose a squadmate of a friend due to circumstances beyond their control. “Oh, and Umichi...I don’t know if I can use your technique, but is there anyway you can teach me fuinjutsu...later?” He had basic knowledge in it, as he did most things, but he had never really used them for much. He wanted to change that, he wanted to find a way to help his friend, and to do that...he’d need more knowledge. Much more.

That said he rested up, using one last technique, but this time trying something odd. Exuding chakra threads, he used fine control and used yin chakra instead of normal chakra, and let them spread out invisibly from his body, wrapping around and zigzagging like a web between trees out for 20 meters. By the time he’d finished creating the net he was almost out of chakra. He’d have to refine it later, but it was a start. He sat down, closed his eyes, and let his other senses take over as he tuned into the sensory net.

“You guys rest, I’ll alert you if anyone is nearby.” Then, with that said, he fell silent, focusing intently.

“So all these people hate me because of a choice I didn’t make? Because of a monster I didn’t want put inside of me? And then you of all people knew what this thing was capable of and what could happen to me, but instead you treat me like I AM that damn Fox. You treat me the worse out of all of them…”
Kiyoshi was growing angry once again, but he knew it wasn’t worth the time. He gave a look towards his sensei, a woman who caused him stress over and over again. Who devoted her time to belittling him. “It isn’t worth asking to switch Teams. It isn’t worth living in the village if all I am to them is a freak they’re gonna use when life throws its lemons.”

Kiyoshi was sitting down, he paid no attention to Kotaku, choosing not to show the other boy his vulnerability. He lifted his shirt and looked at the seal planted on his stomach. His eyes picked up and his mouth drew out a long winded sigh as he laid onto the forest floor.

“Umichi, never look in my direction again. Never speak to me again. Or I’ll find a way to let this Fox out just so it can kill you..”

Kiyoshi threatened the lady, loud enough for her to hear, but without raising his voice. He brought his eyes back to the woman near him.

“If I have to. I’ll let it consume me so it can destroy you, and that damned village. Or better yet, I’ll train. So I can learn to control it, so that way when it does kill you. I’ll be fully conscious.”

His head flopped back onto the dirt. His breathing was slightly slowing and he began to turn his body onto his side. His back facing his oppressor.

“I used to respect you. I defended you when it said you didn’t care.”

That was all Kiyoshi had left to say before sleep consumed him.

"Tch, drama queen."

She closed her eyes, and simply nodded to Koutaku's earlier question. Teaching him that seal would be the least thing she had to do. The Jinjuriki of the Leaf was out the bag now. He was about to be kicked into a world she hated. Still, something, did make her raise a question. Why'd he act so odd on his first traumatic mission? Honestly Kiyoshi's reaction was more proper, annoying shit.

Oh well, that could wait. Umichi had one last instruction before she passed out as well, thought she was honestly afraid of doing so.

"By the way.... I sent Shikakaku back ahead of you guys, don't wait up for him. I think this mission was too traumatic for him, he... he probably won't show up to training again."

She lied.

Squad 6
(Kage's having some RL crap)

Mai Sanada​

As Mai walked through the mine, her fire continued to burn, and she didn't notice it start to spread a bit as it found a powder on the floor. It slowly crept towards a barrel. Mai ran straight past it going quite a ways in the distance, finding the place she was looking for, planting the crystal in the ground, running quiet some distance into the mine.

"Heh, nailed it."

The place she'd put it was technically correct from an X and Y axis perspective. It just happened to be wrong on the Z, it happened to be wrong by several hundred feet, planted deep within the mine rather than atop like Takara had designated. Mai had found a way to enter regardless of the best laid plans of mice and men. She was proud, as far as she'd known, she'd entered without a problem, and had the seed exactly where she thought she was suppose to.

Smiling at her success, she let out another laugh.

"Another victory for the Sanada!"

A loud boom echoed through the mine, followed by an absolute darkness as rocks fell in the distance. Screaming was heard as the bandits rushed around, initially at the laughing, then later at the cave in. The collapsing rock was loud enough to be heard for miles. Mai looked around trying to find her source of light, lucky enough not to be caught.

==================

All across the entrance, bandits began to pour out like rats, their leader screaming at them. Ten of them had exited the mine rallying at the barked orders, scanning the forest and area.

"FIND WHATEVER DUMB ASS TRIED COLLAPSING THE MINE! TELL THEM IF THEY DON'T GIVE US THEIR HEAD IN AN HOUR, WE WILL START KILLING HOSTAGES! IF THAT DON'T WORK, WE BURN THE WHOLE TOWN!"

Yukari Hyuuga: Squad 5

Yukari was careful as she stepped inside, using her byakugan to take in as much of the web covered hellhole as she could. The house was definitely a mess, to say the least, and that feeling in the air... It was kind of like that split second before Hikari would pop up to harass her at home or something.

"That thing in the teapot wasn't from this world, was it?"

At least she wasn't the only one that felt it then. Though Sei seemed much more familiar with it than she was. Of course, Koma continued being his usual, vague self. Something she fought to roll her eyes at. Speaking of eyes...

"Speak of the devil, Yukari, one on your blind spot."

"Eh!?" The Hyuuga heiress wasn't sure which she was more shocked about. The stowaway arachnid? Or the fact Koma knew about her blind spot... "Nasty things," She muttered, dashing the creature against a wall as she followed the others down into the tunnel. And if the regular spiders weren't bad enough, there were now pot-spiders to deal with.

Spider-pots? Arachni-pots?

Hmm...

"Treasure is nice and all, but the less time we spend here the better I say." Yukari stated, trying to search the branching paths ahead of them. "Most of the chakra in the webs seem to be pulsing down the right tunnel, may be our best bet." She turned her head slightly to make it more clear she was looking at Koma, "Must you always sound like you're second guessing every choice we make? If you have any objections, Koma-Sensei, it's best you speak up. You are still in charge of this mission."

Though with his lack of (clear) objections, the group made their way down the hall. Yukari would occasionally emit small bursts of chakra from various tenketsu along her body, pulling free of any stubborn webs that decided to latch on. Every so often, a needle-like burst from her palm would help cut either of her teammates loose from the sticky mess.

Koma...

In his normal fashion didn't seem to be having any difficulty navigating the strange terrain.

That's when what had been near constant movement just out of range of her vision came to a halt. A foreboding silence claiming the air around them. The three little nasties taking to the ceiling were rather out of Yukari's reach. The genin preferring not to draw a kunai or shuriken in there unless she absolutely had to. The Hyuuga clicked her tongue, "Sei, it's best if you don't catch yourself in your own illusions, they've only just appeared. But you've slowed them somewhat at least." Her stance shifted, "Kaida, why not put that staff of yours to use and take out the ones above us, hmm?"

Eight Trigrams: Sixteen Palms

Yukari sprang forward, raining precise blows on what spiders drew near. Two for the impatient one that lunged at her first, chakra drilling into its body and dissolving it into mist. Two more for the one that followed close behind its ally. The third in the little cluster thought it could circle around behind her to land a bite, the beast was surprised as she whipped around to punish its attempt.

The last two on the ground hung back just a little ways. A body flicker quickly closed the distance before she greeted them with the kata's last eight strikes. "Tch," She shook her hand slightly, a nail having snapped back from striking a kettle one of the creatures scuttled away with.

Five of their eight attackers were now down. What of the last three?

Kaida twirled the stabbing staff (just going to refer to it as that for now) and jumped towards the ones on the ceiling, using her staff to knock all three to the ground at once. She then let gravity do the work as she placed the staff beneath her right before she landed on top of one of the pot spiders, the staff being beneath her feet caused it to crush the other two, which were dazed from the landing. She got off of the one she landed on, and made sure they faded away before retrieving her stabbing staff.

"Alright. That seems to be all of them for now. Yukari, please keep your Byakugan active and let us know if any more come this way. Sei, you need to treat these pot spider things like they are immune to genjutsu, because while what your jutsu had an effect, it didn't work very long. Probably due to the fact that they aren't normal spiders, because its not any lack of skill on your end."

Kaida then started searching through the shattered remains of the pots.

KageYuuki KageYuuki Orikanyo Orikanyo Kimiwriter Kimiwriter

Squad 5
( KageYuuki KageYuuki Spemout Spemout Kimiwriter Kimiwriter )
Recovered belongings!

A rather good sum of coins, enough to buy dinner for the squad with abit left over.
3 Silver rings of middling quality, likely missing from either a very worried wife or a husband whos deep in the doghouse right now. There is a fourth right, but appears to be made of iron.
1 odd looking metal object that may or may not be vaguely shiney scrap metal.
1 somehow still alive mouse.
A small fake gold hand mirror.
A real gold pocket watch(broken).
Several different types of steel cook ware, ranging from spatulas to a full blow and actually rather new looking pot.
And one weird looking Noh mask.
Koma stared down at the meager rewards for his genin's efforts. "Well, not bad for a few trash collecting spiders. Not often you actually find something worthwhile in these dens." the man walked abit forwards, taking a look around the small area. "Seems theres one path leading in. Should be getting closer. I do feel it.. Regardless, do keep watch. Along with behind you, and for the love of the god's don't always leave keeping watch to Yukari, there will be times you will be separated, and you better have eyes on the back of your head by then." he began to scold his genin, before gazing down the next tunnel.

Your treasure lays before you, Relatively easy to carry amongst yourselves, but what is done with them at the end is up to you, as your sensei says. Sei feels an odd sensation coming from the Noh mask, and the others can feel it as well, but not as clearly, like a small spreading headache that you're not fully certain is going to get worse or leave as quickly as it came.

Much like whenever Koma speaks.

[Whenever your ready to head onwards, feel free to slap me on discord, or banter about thetreasure, the rings that tell of possible marital disputes or wierd ass mask in a post here. Appologies for the wait by the way, work and typical ori being a lazy piece of shit)

Sei Teshima, Squad 5
Sei frowned. Her intentions were to just slow the spiders, not completely immobilize them. She wasn't strong enough to do that yet, let alone against a creature from another realm. Is that even possible? At least I did something instead of standing there gawking at them. Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath and let it out slowly. Getting mad isn't going to help things. Avoid a confrontation for now. She forced her expression to lighten, taking on a more cheerful tone, like her mother often did with difficult patients. "Thank you, Yukari and Kaida. I will keep your advice in mind."
Kuro lifted his head to her ear, so only she could hear him. "A bit passive aggressive, don't you think?"
She shrugged, she didn't care at the moment, and turned to listen to her teacher. It was his opinion that mattered right now. As he scolded them, she couldn't help but look at the Noh mask at their feet. It was wrong. It felt like the tunnel and the gate; off and dangerous. Her brow creased again. Did the spiders collect this or could it be connected to the teapot somehow? Shaking her head, she tried to focus on her sense. And how are we going to deal with the rest of the spiders? I don't know if they're effected by tetrodotoxins. I have a little curare. That might work. But spider anatomy is vastly different than anything I've studied and experimented with. I'm not sure it would behave the same. What about repelling the spiders?That should save us a ton of fighting time. I have a little cinnamon; that could work, but do I need a larger amount since they are all so big? Do spiders from the spirit realm react to the same kinds of repellents as normal spiders? There are too many questions for me to plan something out. Shaking her head again, her gaze returned to the mask.
Kuro rustled on her shoulder. "Whatever you do, don't touch that thing."
"Agreed." She crossed her arms, trying not to let the strange presence get to her. "So," she looked at her teammates, "we're going to need a better battle plan. I'm bad at close combat, so I might be better as support. And I have a couple of things we can try on the spiders when we encounter more. As for this stuff," she nodded to the treasure before them, "I really don't care as long as sensei is the one handling that mask. I don't think us genin should mess with it."

Yukari Hyuuga:Squad 5

Nursing complaining fingers from a bad hit, Yukari nudged the shards of formerly possessed pottery with her foot. There was a large soup ladle with Ichiraku engraved on the handle. A rather popular restaurant in the village, she'd admittedly never been there before. Maybe one day. At Kaida's attempted order, the genin clicked her tongue and stooped to pick up the few rings that had been dropped. Finding the owners of something like that would be next to impossible...

Finally, her attention turned to the mask. Coming from a wealthy family, Yukari had been dragged to more than her share of plays over the years. "Of all the masks to steal, just had to be Usofuki." She muttered, "Guess because he's colorful? Whatever," Yukari turned back down the tunnel, "You seem to know more about this other world stuff than we do, Sei. So I'll just take your word for it. Not that I want anything to do with that thing anyway."

A straggler quickly skittered in her direction, fangs bared as it charged. "Tch," Yukari brought her heel down on it, emitting a burst of chakra the moment her foot made contact. Another piece of cookware. Tongs this time. "Let's just get a move on. The sooner we're out of here the better."

Kaida- Squad 5

Kaida had a small grin on her face as she put the money in the pouch before picking up the piece of metal that was possibly scrap. "Can't tell what this is or if it's worth something, but the clan blacksmith might know."

She put that away as well before crouching down and picking up the mouse, quickly reassuring it with a gentle hand and soft whispers.

"I'm willing to bet someone's looking for their pet. If not, I'll take him home. Pretty sure my little cousin has been asking about getting one."

Kaida placed the mouse in one of the pockets on the inside of her jacket. It had its head out of the pocket and was just staring at everyone in that way that animals do.

"Alright, let's go."

Last edited:
Squad 5.
Totally not Six, Squad 6 does not exist.
Form up suckahs!
Koma sighed softly, figuring the mask would be left to his responsibility. A swift flick of his staff and the mask was draped around the top, allowing it's strange peering eyes to watch all those around the area like the weird looking mask it was. "Now what wouldn't be fun about picking up a weird looking noh mask hmm? Don't you worry, sensei wont let you become cursed or anything, hes dealt with his fair share I'll tell you that much." the man sauntered forwards down the next tunnel.

The rest of the small walk down the way seemed to be a bit more clear than the last, final able to catch a bit more footing as it seems the spiders didn't expect to need to many warnings of intruders down this far, especially after that nest.

Up next was a more circular room, with three tunnels leading down into it from one side, likely to be the other tunnels respective exits. And on the other side was a massive opening to a path deeper in. From inside the faint sounds of skittering, accompanied by the occasional... Giggle?

But the room they stood in was not empty, indeed it was not. For in the middle, seemingly wrapped around a column, was a strange mass, moving against the many strands and binds that lay wrapped around around the thing.

"Oh my... I wonder what that could be?" the man asked, a not so subtle hint to his students to perhaps pay attention to the weird... thing. "I suggest if you want to check it out, you do so quickly." a hand motioned to the large cave beyond, the man taking a step to the side to watch his slaves do the work.

Last edited:
Hideki Ukita
Squad 6​

"This is it.

This is how many people will die.

Mai being Mai.

And who will get blamed for this? All of us.

All because she couldn't hold it in any longer.

And whats that? oh sorry Hideki this is going on your record to.

Maybe they wont say that? Maybe I'll be fine after this fucking travesty."

Hideki wasn't... taking this all too well. The plan they had in place earlier relied on them doing their job, and coming back safely. But now, now, NOW! Mai had to go and stick her metaphorical dick into it. Knowing her she probably spouted something about "I wanna be noticed and praised." or something along those lines. He spat, wiping his mouth of spit before he continued. "Oh but yes, we'll be noticed, noticed for being absolute fuck ups-"

"OI KID! What the hell you doing here-" the yelling of the bandit who came upon him was ended with a swift blast of stones becoming lodged into his mouth and face. the young genin, in his slight panic of being found during his grouching and grumbling used earth plume upon the man upon reflex with really no thought. He was surprised, impressed and worried, as while he liked the fact he had the technique down, he didn't like the fact it made noise, he was found out, and now he had what might be a body on his hands.

Continuing his grumbled about Mai he dragged the possibly dead man behind a nearby rock and left him there to... Rot? he didn't bother to check, there really was no time, he had to find sensei and figure out what their plan was!

I there really was a plan for this type of situation!

And with that, head got his ass moving.

Aiko Uchiha

Aiko had finally finished planting all the seeds. Going after the farthest locations may not have been a good idea. Mai should've been the one to go this far. After all, keeping her out of trouble was always a hassle. Speaking of Mai...

An explosion, in or near the mine it seemed. "Must be the idiot girl. She's gonna get those hostages killed if they aren't dead already..." Aiko took off at full speed towards the mine, before leaping up into a tree giving her a perfect view of the entrance. Some bandits ran out, yelling about finding whoever blew the place up. The one giving orders then barked something about burning the town. There were about ten of them. Knowing she couldn't take all of them down on her own, she began to formulate her plan, one that wouldn't result in a burned down town.

It didn't take long, simply because the plan was so primitive and simple. Then again, the bandits looked primitive and simple as well. Forming a handsign, seven water clones appeared in the trees adjacent to her. All of them drew their blades, and leaped down to distract the bandits. The clones did well dodging the bandit's strikes, keeping them nice and occupied. Still in the tree herself, Aiko dropped to the ground, and sprinted towards the violent mess of water clones and bandits. She jumped up and over the mess, and landed right on one of the bandits head, which she used to push her self straight into the cave. None of the bandits realized she had gotten by them as the finally began to cut down the water clones, in turn drenching their clothing.

The young ninja grinned as she hurried to find the hostages and her foolish comrade. Ukita was probably still outside, and sensei was... somewhere... Hopefully they could handle the bandits outside while she located Mai and the hostages.

Orikanyo Orikanyo KageYuuki KageYuuki Ganryu Ganryu

Sei Teshima, Squad 5

The vacant eyes of the mask watched her from the end of her sensei's staff. Sei shuddered and tried to ignore it. I really hope that thing doesn't have anything to do with this mission. And I really hope sensei doesn't lose it like he did this stupid teapot.

Stepping out into the middle room, Sei slowly turned, examining the walls and tunnels. She couldn't see any more spiders, though staying in one place for too long was a bad idea. The quiet . . . giggling was unnerving. It reminded her of the shadow creatures she'd encountered during her test. Another shiver ran up her spine.

"Ssei," Kuro bumped his snout against her jaw. "Pay attention."

Sei turned back to the room. Koma was already standing off to the side, watching them. In the center of the room was the bound, wiggling mass. "What the hell . . .?" She reached for a kunai. Koma just continued to watch and smile. Frowning, Sei looked back at the sack. Okay. Spiders, webs, it's some kind of prey that they're saving for later. She'd watched the harmless garden spiders in her greenhouse ever since she was little. The question is which world is it from.

"They probably won't lasst much longer." Kuro uncurled and held himself out like he wanted set down. "You're a doctor, right?"

"Not really. . ."

Another giggle whispered through the room.

Sei glanced at the others. No one else had moved. Damn it, I'm such a coward. Pulling out a kunai, she slowly moved forward. The bundle moved again.

Kuro reached the floor and slithered along beside her.

Tightening her grip on the kunai, Sei reached out and began cutting at the spider silk. It wasn't as sticky as she had expected. As she cut away, the bundle began to take a more human shape. "Hey" she cut and tore at the silk, "there's someone in here!"

Squad 5 Vs the Spider Queen
Upon revealing the wiggling being behind the webs, the supports keeping the person up fell off and the webs revealed their captive with a messy flop. Within, a pale man who shivered and twitched lay draped upon the floor, curling up into a fetal position, along his neck lay two bite marks, from them, black pulsating veins stretching ironically like spider webs from the holes in his neck.

“Well then, we found the thief. Now where my pot?” said the jounin, getting snickers from just about every teenager whos watching at this point.

“If he's the thief, that pot has to be nearby, ‘cause I don't see it on him,” Kaida said, still wary.

“Well I’m hoping the idiot learned his lesson,” Yukari muttered as she knelt beside one of their targets. With the help of her Gentle Fist style, she was able to easily remove the rest of the chakra filled webbing. “Assuming he survives…” she added, looking at the wound. “I don’t know, Sei’s the one that studies this stuff.” Since it wasn’t affecting his chakra network, there really wasn’t much the Hyuuga could do.

Sei rolled her eyes, of course, Koma would be concerned about the pot. “He needs a doctor, now.” Pulling out her pouch, she shifted through the contents, selecting two vials, one black, and one white. She opened the white vial and carefully sprinkled the salt over the bite marks. “These should draw out some of the venom.” Taking the black vial, she poured a little charcoal into her palm and reached for her water bottle. “Sensei, do you have a summons that can carry him out of here?” She stirred the paste with a finger before applying it to the bite.

The man yelled, twisting under her touch.

Sei pulled back.

“He will be fine, so long as he doesn’t meet a grisly end, at this rate he should last.. Hmm… A good few more hours. Maybe. You never know, maybe he’ll go catatonic or some other word meaning down hill in medical speak.” the man seemingly continued to not care, about... Pretty much anything.

“But, there is a way to get him a clean bill of health a bit faster you know.” He stepped a bit towards the large gaping tunnel before them. “Kill the source, it’s a demon after all, and if you get rid of the demon, you get rid of its curse! If.. It is indeed a curse, been awhile so a little hazy if the toxin is an actual toxin or not. But either way, it’s up to you lot… Well not fully, soon enough that decision is about to be made for us.”

The priestly man peeked down the tunnel once more for good measure. “Run away with the man, or risk it to finish the job and possibly cure him. Isn’t this a fascinating conundrum? Popular too might I say, a decision must be made, tension builds!”

Yukari raised an eyebrow at Koma’s… completely nonchalant look on the whole situation. “We sure this is a teapot?” She murmured to Sei as she stood. “Well if we don’t kill the cause, these spiders are going to become a bigger issue down the road. A demon cat’s enough trouble as is.”

Kaida nodded, dropping the earthen javelin on the ground and putting on her claws. “Besides that, this is just one average civilian. What would happen if someone with bigger chakra pools got possessed by this thing? Likely nothing good. Best to get rid of it now before it gets like an untreated wound.”

Sei couldn’t believe it. They acted like they couldn’t care less about the man’s life. “Just an average civilian? Just a civilian?!” Rage boiled up in her.

Kuro gently touched her foot.

Taking a deep breath she tried to settle the years of training to be a doctor and the hours spent with her mother at the bedside of a patient. “I’m a shinobi. Not a doctor. I can’t save everyone,” she muttered to herself. Taking another breath, she nodded her consent. “Right. Kill the thing causing this. But only because that’s the fastest way to heal him, not,” she shot Kaida a cold look, “because someone more powerful might get hurt.”

“Sei, let me put it like this. This guy is average for a civilian, yet he nearly beat his own brother to death. Even if they don't like to admit it, a skilled ninja could kill dozens of civilians before anybody caught on, and powerful ninja could kill even more with the right jutsu. Imagine that in the clutches of a demon. So many people could die. If he lives, then I'm happy, but if it's a choice between saving him or anyone on the squad, or even just two civilians instead of just him, it's obvious who I'm picking.”

Ah yes, the many or the few debate. Sei’d spent hours going over it in her mind, but no matter how hard she tried to convince herself letting someone die was for the greater good, she couldn’t bring herself to believe it. She shook her head. “Spider bites cause paralysis or increased heart rates, not possession. And isn’t it our job to protect the civilians?” She stood. “I can see your point but I refuse to believe in the whole ‘for the greater good’ philosophy.”

Lowering her gaze to Kuro, she nodded to the man. “Stay with him. If things don’t go well, go get a medical ninja.” Turning, stiffly, she walked towards the tunnel. “If we don’t hurry, that venom is going to do irreversible damage.”

“You’re right, in your opinion, but damn aren’t you long winded.” the jounin spoke up, looking down the tunnel as it seems the decision was already made regardless, long monologues tend to do that. “Welp, too bad folks. Guess we’re fighting either way. Cause she ain’t letting us outta this so…” the loud a many feet bustling up from the cave below came faster and faster, much larger than the ones before, it was obvious they were to come face to face with the creature they had been seeking the whole time.
The pounding of the being’s many feet came louder, louder, LOUDER!

Until suddenly…

Out came….

A singular spider, roughly about the size of the palm of one’s hand came forward, skittering out of the hole and away from the group towards one of the bundles of webbing still lying upon the walls.

The world was silent for a few moments.

Before the entity burst forth, as expected. A disgusting mixture of human and spider, a wretched testament to the powers of the realms beyond that which mortals could only understand. Dwarfing all in the room she stood above them upon each of her eight feet, a ragged kimono covering the pale deathly gray skin, the sleeves ending ripped and baring dark almost rotted hands formed into what they could only imagine being claws, or perhaps simply what remained of them.

The stretch of death prevailed over all others the moment the being entered, a stench that stung the eyes and caused stomachs to roll.

“Oh there's my pot!” shouted the jounin as the creature sized up the group before her, who dared to contest her prey. “Well? Go get it? The thing isn’t going to kill itself. Don’t get cut by its claws.” he warned them, as if they needed to be warned to not be struck by the being’s ichor coating claws.

And as if on cue, the being’s spider-like abdomen sunk underneath it and shot a dense array of webbing towards the group. Surely, should they not act quickly they would be pinned to the very walls!

Well, that thing was thoroughly disgusting.

And horrifying.

Instinct taking over, the Hyuuga’s eyes narrowed at the incoming webs. A dense shell of chakra coating her hand, Yukari stepped forward. Eight Trigrams Vacuum Palm. Thrusting her palm forward a blast of chakra emitted from the genin’s strike, knocking the shot webbing away.

“I can take care of the webs,” Yukari tried to ignore the smell. Something talking did little to help. “But I don’t think I can do much to hurt… whatever this is.”

Dropping to her knees, Sei created two doppelgangers. “I can distract. Sensei, do you know if genjutsu will work on this thing?” She sent the doppelgangers towards the creature.

The creature hissed and lunged at them.

With an unearthly screech that sent a ringing through the ears the being easily slashed away the minor illusions, but did not seem to stop there as it pressed forward, its immeasurable bulk rush towards them keen on crushing them under foot, or slicing them to ribbons with its claws.

Behind it, the teapot shaped abdomen gleamed in what light lingered in the room, around the creature one would notice small… shifts.. In the world, as if the very existence of the creature was not meant to be and was forcing itself upon the world around it, if that would even make sense.

“Something to help.” Koma tossed a stack of papers the girl’s way, but they had bigger problems, considering the beast grew nearer.

And its prey was still upon the ground, unconscious.

“Damn it!” Sei tossed two smoke grenades into the center of the room and wove more hand signs. Haze Clone Jutsu! Slowly, clones emerged from the floor and walls, all moving around the room, blocking the creature’s path. Sei even made a few to resemble her teammates. Getting up, she darted among the clones, careful to stay further back than the others. “Come on,” she hissed, passing Yukari, “I don’t know how long this is going to work.” The smoke was already starting to clear.

Two consecutive blasts from the vacuum palm caused the beast to stagger if only briefly. “Then grab the tags at your feet since someone seems more content watching.” Her breathing was starting to grow heavy from the near constant use of jutsu.

Sei darted away, snatching at the tags while trying to keep an eye on the monster and her clones. Haze Clone Jutsu was meant to be used while waiting in hiding in order to ambush an enemy, running around wasn’t helping with her concentration on the genjutsu. She had to let a few of the clones disappear but managed to keep most of them together.

Her foot slipped as she snatched at another piece of paper and she fell.

The instant Sei hit the ground, the creature seemed to turn her direction. Yukari growled under her breath, weaving a single sign.

Body flicker.

In a flash, she was between Sei and the spider. A blast of chakra was emitted from every point in her body.

Gentle Fist Art: Body Blow.

It was more than powerful enough to send her teammate tumbling away, but there was no telling if it could deflect the claws headed for Yukari.

With the sudden slip, one of the papers came loose from the pile, this, tied with the large explosion of chakra, caused the papers to be pushed towards the strange creature that was bearing down on them. The blast did little to faze the creature, causing it to be pushed and stumble slightly, but not enough to prevent the attack… but what did prevent it, was the paper that now stuck upon its right shoulder.

A Loud sizzling filled the air as a bright light enveloped the paper, like a small flash bomb it lit up and disappeared, leaving a large burning mark upon the creature. The creature, successfully repulsed, gave the two some room as it reeled away in pain.

The reprieve was not long lasting as it began its forward march once again towards them spraying yet another array of threads towards them.

“The tags won't kill it! That you must do yourself!” yelled their jonin, who seemed to be looking underneath a bunch of webbing. “I suggest something heavy hitting, or a precise strike to somewhere vital.”

Sei suddenly realized how weak she felt. How was she supposed to get through this, let alone even more dangerous missions if she couldn’t even keep her feet under her? The genjutsu began to fade and the clones steadily disappeared from around them. Pushing herself to her feet, Sei swallowed and pulled out two kunai. There was no way she could take on something like that in close combat.

She swallowed again. “Y-Yukari . . . You’re stronger than me. If I can bait it closer, can you hit it?”

Yukari’s breaths were heavy, it was only by dumb luck that claw missed her. “Hit it with tags… you’re a better shot than I am.” Another blast from her vacuum palm to knock away the new barrage of webs. She was burning more chakra than she liked.

Though she wasn’t entirely sure just how they were supposed to kill it. Did the human part have the more vital areas? Or was it the spider half? Where even were vitals on a spider?? “They should stick to your kunai, but I don’t know... “

Nodding, Sei picked up a few of the tags and attached them to the kunai. She reached into her pouch and pulled out a small eye dropper with sickly yellow liquid inside. Carefully, she squeezed a few drops onto the blades of her knives. “I’ll target both the human and the spider. If this venom can get into either of its blood streams, it should start to paralyze it within a minute. Assuming this stuff works on things . . . like that.”

Slowly straightening, Sei realized she was trembling. She side-stepped, looking for a target. “H-hey.” She cleared her throat and tried again. “Hey. Over here.” She took another step, then started to jog, careful to keep away from the claws as she darted closer, her kunai at the ready.

The beast’s eyes gleamed, lashing towards the young woman with her merciless claws, the first missing wildly, the pain still clouding its mind. The second claw met its mark only slightly, a light graze upon the clothing, but one could feel the black strange ichor that lay upon the clothing fester and sting like an acid.

But with this, some luck, as during the second strike it over extended itself just to even reach the girl. Its flank was open for one to land a strike.

“Kill it how you would a normal demon- wait a second, have I done that lesson? Ah damn, try and take off its head, or stab it through the throat. Generally, things tend to die when stabbed through the throat.” the man absent mindedly plucked up the spider that had run away before.

“Ah, here we are. Been looking for YOU all day.” he chided the little pot spider before sticking it in a bag. “Alright, now. Do you ladies need help? Or do you think you can handle it hmm?”

Sei winced as the black stuff chewed at her clothing and started to stick to her skin. She threw a kunai at its torso and lunged away from the creature. Only then did her sensei decide to mention how to kill the freaking thing. “Sensei!” She had to run along the wall to avoid the creature, waiting for another opportunity.

Having no sword to speak of, taking its head was easier said than done. Unless… As the creature recoiled in pain from the tags Sei stuck it to, Yukari scaled the beast, aiming a point blank vacuum palm at its head.

Seeing her teammate move, Sei charged, yelling to keep the beast’s attention on her. She threw the second kunai, hitting the spider’s thorax. It didn’t cut or embed, but the tag stuck to its side and hissed.

With a coordinated assault, the creature only growled in pain before the vacuum palm landed, with great force the jutsu pummeled into the beast sending its human form reeling back under the impressive power rocking through its body, rattling the brain inside its head as the creature crumpled to the floor stunned and sizzling from the tags.

But was it dead?

Not quite… But it wasn’t getting up quite yet.

“Well well! Good work! Even with the odds against you, knocking it senseless, and with only one scratch! Well done. Now, who wants to put this thing out of the world’s misery? Come on now, don’t be shy. Keep it alive and it’ll only do this again, and again. Besides, we don’t want our little friend to die now do we?” he stepped towards the group, asking the question of who wants to kill the monstrous being as if he was offering people the last piece of pizza.

“Off with its head, really easy. Or stab it through the throat. Who knows what treasures await in its tea pot?”

Yukari dropped to her knees, gasping for air. “Why don’t… you do it yourself?” She spat, a large portion of her chakra pool burned.

Sei stared at the creature. She realized she was still trembling. “Yeah, Sensei, you do it.” Slowly, she forced her feet to move, making her way over to the paralyzed man. She needed something to focus on. The man’s eyes were still closed and his breath was short and ragged. Sei shivered.

“Hehehehehehe, suit yourselves~!” the jonin came forwards, his tone a singsong as he stepped before the beast, still stunned from the blast Yukari gave. “My my, you certainly have left yourself go, Jorogumo. A shame truly, you were such a cute spider… but alas, it’s time to say goodbye~!”

Taking his staff in two hands he rose it high like a farmer holding a scythe, and swung it with a practiced motion, cleaving the beast’s head from its body in one strike. The head rolled off into a corner of the room, as the body slumped forwards, black blood pooling from the hole that once held it’s rotten head.

“Such a pity. Now then…” he walked towards the man Sei was tending to, the blackened veins upon his neck retracting back towards the point where the bites occurred, and finally, in but mere seconds, sealing up. He body was still limp, but he was breathing normally and his pulse normalized.

The burning feeling upon Sei’s arm also disappeared, but still showed a red rash where it had laid.

“Now then, this job is finished. You all have done well, with no casualties you have earned your reward handily. And I assure you, it won't just be the money, the days of being helpless genin are soon to be over. That, I promise you. You have passed your tests.

Now you need to rest.”
he slipped out three envelopes, each heavy with their pay and tossed it towards each of them.

“For when you are ready. Our true work begins. And I assure you, I will treat you like kids no longer… Though you will be forced henceforth to finish your own kills.” he chuckled slightly before hoisting the man upon his shoulder. “Come, let’s leave before this place crumbles around us…”

And in an unceremonious way, the jonin started to book it towards the exit. “I mean it! It’ll crumble around us!”

Yukari slowly staggered to her feet, her breaths still ragged. She wasn’t entirely sure what to make of Koma’s little speech. “I don’t know about either of you, but I’m going to the hot springs after this…” She muttered, trying to ignore her pained eyes before following after Koma.

“Be careful,” Sei muttered, not sure if Koma had heard her. She bent and picked up Kuro, who slithered along beside her. Once he was safe, she moved to Yukari’s side. She didn’t speak but stayed close to her teammate, making sure she made it out safely. “Hot spring sounds nice.”

Squad 6 Wipes Out Bandits
Traveling underground was always cumbersome, though Takara at least had done it enough times to tell the difference between the bandits skulking about. Now it was just a matter of finding the kids…

And hoping Mai actually followed her instructions.

…...

She should probably hurry and find the-

Even deep underground, Takara felt the blast caused by her careless student. Son of a… Well, so much for being careful in her search. Emerging from the hard earth, the Jounin looked down the torch-lit tunnels. From what she felt underground, there was somebody hanging around in a small room of sorts.

“The bloody hell was that sound?” One of the thugs staggered into view, clearly drunk. His rantings were interrupted when he noticed Takara standing just in the light of a nearby torch. “Oi, lady!” He bellowed, pointing a rather pudgy finger in her direction. “Just what are-” Yelling was soon replaced with choked gurgles, shards of crystal embedded in his throat.

It wasn’t like these idiots needed to be brought in alive.

A quiet sniffle reached Takara, drawing her attention. Stepping into the room the drunkard had staggered from, she spotted a pair of kids huddled in a corner. “It’ll be alright,” the Jounin spoke in a low voice, “You’re safe now.”

Mai looked at the darkness around her, and sat down, frowning.

“Hmm….Weird. Wonder if someone messed up with dynamite? This cave in sucks. If I’m stuck here, that means I can’t punch bandits. Wait… I couldn’t do that anyways, Sensei wanted me to plant that seed. Wonder what it does anyways? Well, won’t be able to see it for a while. First things first, how do I get out? This mine’s old probably has a few exits. Hell, I found one.”

Tapping her chin, Mai considered it. She could wait for rescue…. Or she could go exploring.

“Well, this is the easiest decision I’ve ever made. Got it!”

Lighting more blue fire, Mai burned chakra as she made flames occasionally, and began to wander the tunnels. After a few minutes, she saw lights ahead and started to run.

Running into a room, she saw several dead bandits, and Sensei standing there. Mai looked a little pale. W-were those dead bodies? Weren’t they just chasing the bandits out?

“Uh… sensei… Why’d ya kill them? Thought we just were chasing’em out? I could have done that, thought the whole plan was so you could do things more efficiently! Grr… Which ways out, I planted the seed like you want. Cave in got me lost.”

Takara gave her a harsh look, “That was before someone caused a cave in and gave us away.” She put her arms around the siblings clinging to her jacket, “Most of the ones remaining can be captured, assuming you didn’t kill them in the blast.”

Hideki watched from afar the trickery Aiko pulled, very impressive! What else should he expect from an Uchiha… that focuses on water? Yuuki used fire last he checked. Guess she was one of the weird ones. Not that he’d say that to her face, largely because he likes his face, plus he’d like to at least keep some sort of positive relationship with his teammates.

The fact they were both cute young ladies helped in that decision, naturally.

But for now, he followed suit with Aiko, capitalizing off of her distraction from the side path towards the entrance, may as well go inside if everyone else was, who knows, maybe they would need his help.

Quick light footsteps rapidly approached Takara and Mai. “Sensei!” Aiko exclaimed as she skidded to a halt. “What do we do now? Are the hostages still alive?”

“I’ve got them right here,” Takara motioned to the pair behind her. “So, since you’ve decided to join us, what’s the situation outside?”

“Bandits running around and fighting clones. I’ll be honest, don’t think this was the plan. But I got a feeling we can still do this.” Hideki showed up behind Aiko, taking peeks back the way he came.

“Also Aiko pulled some cool shit out there, so, they’re kinda soaked out there.” he pulled the least helpful explanation of what Aiko did out of his ass. “...And I think I might’ve killed one, not fully sure.”

“...So… What's the plan?”

Takara closed her eyes in thought for a moment. “If they’ve been dealing with water clones, then your ice release should trap them in place. Hideki, Mai, once they’re immobilized knock them out and tie them up. Of course, I’ll be here to lend a hand as needed.”

Mai’s scowl turned to a crazed grin.

“W-we get to fight them? This is going to be so much fun. Imma punch them in the schnoz. And I don’t think I have to kill any to have a good ti- I mean finish the mission. Yes. Finish the mission.”

One ass kicking later…
Violet hues scanned over the dazed bandits, ropes making sure none could leave once they regained consciousness. “Well, this could have gone a little more smoothly. But none of you were hurt and the kids are safe.” Takara turned her attention back to the trio of genin, “I suppose we can call this mission a success.”

Hideki rubbed a sore cheek, a stray hit, hell more like friendly fire if anything as Mai seemed to have tossed a bandit directly into him.. Granted, she got her comeuppance, somewhat, as apparently she heard something in the woods and left to go find it. Nobody really felt the need to tell her they had all the bandits here, it was good for her to at least work off the excess energy.

Have fun being lost in the woods for a bit?

He’d be happy for some peace and quiet if Hideki didn’t know they would have to find her after a bit...

“So..I’m pretty spent… Hungry too... But.. job’s done..”

“Let’s get these two back into town and we can get some food and sleep before heading back.” The Jounin started back towards the village, both kids still clinging to her flak jacket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back